Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


501 to 550 of 4,080 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian 2

Sorry everyone, had a busy week

Cortos remembers the teachings of his wise master: When in doubt, charge. Or maybe it wasn't his wise master at all, maybe he was another mercenary he met while he was drunk in a tavern, he can't recall now.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d12 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Charging, raging and power attacking.


trust Cortos to go all Gallagher on a bug.

Cortos shoves his way through the line and bellowing, rushes to the oblivious bug, obliterating it before it even knows it is in danger.

In an act of insectoid karma perhaps however, before Cortos can clear the bits of black shell and clear ooze from his beard, green sickles lunge from the wall of vegetation grabbing at Cortos. Cortos is cut badly by the serrated claws, but manages to resist getting pulled off the trail. Cortos-9 hp slashing.

Round 1
Jerrand
Cortos
Shirish
Daeron
Bug
Chitleen

Grand Lodge

Round 1

"Dae plants be rising up tae try and kill us." Jerrand says noticing the deep, bloody slash that Cortos received.

"By Gorum I do tink it better tae fight goblins, orcs, and ogres. But an enemy be an enemy. Time to die ye bush!"

The dwarf moves quickly up to engage the vegetation his warhammer swinging in low and quickly.

Actions: charge - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20...1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9... new AC 15


I'll try and get a map up today, but anything off the narrow (5') trail is going to be difficult terrain and have some concealment.


rough map

It will be a double move for Jerrand to reach the mantis as he can't charge through the jungle. he'll take an AoO if he goes all the way in.

Grand Lodge

Will move to F-11 then. Can I keep the above roll for next round?? which would be a 15 + 3 (since no charge) for an 18 total/dmg = 9


Jerrand- sure, you can keep rolls.

Jerrand moves up the trail near Cortos and starts pushing into the wall of vegetation loooking for trouble.

Round 1
Jerrand (x)
Cortos
Shirish
Daeron
Bug
Chitleen


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

What's the penalty shooting into vegetation?

Daeron considers expanding a spell, but then pulls out his bow and starts strumming.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Daeron Gwadestael wrote:
What's the penalty shooting into vegetation?

undergrowth is difficult terrain (double movement), 20% miss chance from concealment, +2 to DC of acrobatics checks.


Shirish moves up beside Cortos and shouts so that she can expect to be heard by him.

"In these conditions, we move as one, and flank the creature," she commands.

Shirish will spend her standard action placing herself in Total Defense mode, in case the bug with the clear advantage is silly enough to attack.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Seeing the rest of his companion positioning themselves to engage the creature, Daeron wonders if his newly researched spell would benefit any of them. He ponders..

It would fulfill me deeply if any of you would be so gracious to be the recipient of my newly researched spell, it would make you and the beast comparable in terms of size. So in the name of advancement who would it be?


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos is very angry at the big bug thing for attacking him, so he responds appropiately.

E12 then attack.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d12 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Shirish moves up to speak with COrtos, but he doesn't appear interested. Cortos pushes his way through the vegetation toward a giant mantis twice his height. A claw the size of a scythe sweeps past him as he shoves through and with a powerful cut hacks through a leg and into the tough carapace. Daeron's shot gets hung up in the thick foilage.

The mantis goes after the agressive dwarf. Both claws strike him leaving bloody gashes, but failing to pull him towards its gnashing mandibles. Cortos- total of 14 hp slashing.

Round 1
Chitleen
Round 2.
Jerrand (x)
Cortos
Shirish
Daeron
Bug

map.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1:

Drawing his talwar, Chitleen dives into the brush seeking to close with the creature.

Double move to get as close as I can


Chitleen pushes through the vegetation until he is stnding beneath the towering mantis. Jerrand steps beside Cortos and crushes chitin beneath his warhammer.

back to Cortos. bug is looking very beaten up.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Cortos ignores the wounds and keeps pounding the bug, wanting to reduce it to fine paste.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d12 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Well then, this is likely superfluous, but Shirish will move to F12 and attack with her Warhammer.

Shirish Warhammer Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 if she hits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage


paste it is. hmmm, maybe the next encounter will give you a little more trouble ; )

The mantis is no match for Cortos' axe and falls into the thick undergrowth.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Bursting from the undergrowth sword in hand Chitleen sees that the mantis has already been slain. Shrugging his shoulders as he stows his talwar he looks over to Cortos "You seem to be bleeding again..."


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Aye... Cortos kneels to catch his breath, then looks at the wounds. Gonna have to add giant bugs to the list of things that tried to kill me... Well, looks like we found what we were lookin' for: adventure.
Dropping out of rage, 14 hp left.


Pushing on through the steaming jungle, the heat is oppressive and the going is slow. Biting insects molest you and you keep an eye out for more of their over-sized brethren. Finally, the jungle thins after hours of hard labor and you find the undergrowth studded with ancient rubble.

So you've traveled 6 hours through very hot conditions. Endure elements will prevent any ill effects. Otherwise, a DC 15 (+1/hour) Fort save each hour or suffer 1d4 non-lethal and become fatigued.
A Survival check DC 15 grants a +2 on the heat save. Every point above 15 allows you to confer the bonus on another as well. Final note, heavy armor gives a -4 penalty to the save versus heat.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Fort Saves: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1 success and 5 fails = 5d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3, 1) = 11 non-lethal damage.
Cure Light extract x 2: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 = 14

Chitleen suffers in the oppressive heat as the party slogs towards their destination; though a couple of applications of scent from his crystal vials washes away his evident discomfort.


Though suffering himself, Chitleen makes sure everyone stops to drink and rest often and wraps their heads in wet cloth.

Chitleen's Survival assist grants everyone a +2 bonus.


Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 15 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 16 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 17 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 19 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Shirish Fort Save - it's hot outside vs. DC 20 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

2 failures 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 non-lethal damage and fatigued until healed.


Shirish handles the heat and discomfort as if she were bred for the challenge...and perhaps she was.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron Heat saves 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Daeron Heat saves 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Daeron Heat saves 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Daeron Heat saves 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Daeron Heat saves 5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Daeron Heat saves 6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Daeron feels the sweltering jungle heat cling and smothers him like an enthusiastic darkmantle. Despite the copious fluids, he feels faint.

Non lethal damage (5 failures): 5d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 3, 4) = 15


Daeron grows pale and then beet red as the trek finally nears the end. As you reach the clearing, he slumps heavily atop a large brick streaked with traces of agate.

just the dwarves left known for their stamina, but one is encased in metal and the other already wounded.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Heat saves (+2 for Chitleen)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d4 ⇒ 3 11 hp left.
I probably already told you guys, but I hate Katapesh weather.

@Hungry Vodoo - Just so you know, LostGamer (Jerrand's player) has been absent from the board for about a week now. All of his pbp have halted. It's probably better for you to roll for his saves now, hopefully he will come back.


Yeah, I imagine folks will be in and out over the holidays, but i don't think Jerrand would mind a little dice rolling on his behalf.

DC 16 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 10
DC 17 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 9
DC 18 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 6
DC 19 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 15
DC 20 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 5

ouch, or maybe he would :P. 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (6) + (1) + (4) + (5) = 22

Jerrand refuses to remove his cherished armor and pays a heavy toll. Sweating profusely, he starts stumbling toward the end of your trek. He calls up on Gorum for strength and rejuvenates everyone a little.

4th hour channel 1d6 ⇒ 6


Jerrand collapses on the block next to Daeron, wringing the sweat from his beard. Looking like hell he mutters, "I hate dae wetter too, son. What now?"


still no word from Jerrand, eh?

Catching his breath, the dwarf observes, "We all look like we bin through the Abyss." He converts curing spells for the worst affected. "I think we all could use some rest, but do we want a look around first or just set camp?"

Daeron- 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cortos 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Jerrand 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
lethal and non-leathal are cured simultaneously.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"Seeing that we seem somewhat worse for wear, I don't believe it would be too bad an idea to withold ourselves from any further danger until we are restored once more?" he then reviews the immediate area for a safe place to make camp.

Survival: take 10 for 17


The sun filters through the thick leaves at an oblique angle marking the time as late afternoon though the stifling heat has not diminished. The ground steams and the insects buzz and trill about you loudly.

Chitleen notes that the ground recedes a bit to the south and a closer look through the trees reveals a squat granite ziggurat tilted to the west as one side of it has sunk into the soft ground. The granite blocks look chipped and worn, but still contain streaks of red and gold agate and the central steps leading to the shrine on top have a pearly luster. Several small pools thick with reeds and lilypads lie around the base of the step pyramid and thick vines cover a good portion of it.

The ground you stand on seems suitable for a camp although some rubble and smaller bricks should be cleared. Some bricks remain in rows marking the walls of old buildings that have collapsed or been scavenged centuries ago. The avenues of the ancient settlement are likely long buried beneath roots and soil. Oddly, Chitleen comes upon an agate statue of a small reptilian humanoid on a large stone base flush with the ground. The statue is well preserved and is posed as if preparing to fire a bow.

Know (local) DC 11:
It depicts a kobold although you have heard they are native to Katapesh only in the Evergrowth far to the west.

Perception DC 20:
This isn't a statue, it's a petrified creature and Oh! The base isn't really stone it is cleverly painted canvas over a pit.

stonecunning applies to perception check.


Assuming that the Orcish meat shield is attending the slender elf with the vials... Sorry I've been a bit out of it lately, my husband has been ill.

Shirish Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Shirish moves forward with Chitleen and sees that there are several small pools with lily pads at the base of a step pyramid. Having reason to fear what animals or freakishly large bugs may continue to inhabit this seemingly abandoned area, Shirish keeps her shield ready to defend against any attack.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Nothing to see here...

Chitleen regards the statue a moment before shrugging his shoulders and beginning to make ready for camp.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron's puffed baked face is somewhat relieved by the application of Jerrand's magic and a hearty chug of water brings the elf to his feet.

The campsite's surroundings gives Daeron pause to observe its peculiarities.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Friend Chitleen, approach the statue with caution as it seems the base is rife with trickery. From my observation it is a petrified being serving as lure for the pit it stands upon. Although the being in question, that is a kobold is only known to reside in the Evergrowth region to the West. Interesting.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Taking a considered look at Daeron's urging, Chitleen thoughtfully strokes his manicured beard. "That is interesting indeed sahib... we should be wary"


Weary from the trek through the jungle, the group sets up camp and eats some of the smoked axebeak. Watches are set and the rest retire early. It is past the middle of the night on Shirish's watch when a loud crash disturbs the night music of the jungle. It seemed to emanate from the direction of the kobold statue.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Would the sleepers get a roll to wake up from such noise?


loud enough that everyone is woken up.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron looks around in the pitch black surroundings before calling the arcane words of Dancing Lights,calling forth a quadruple set of light orbs around him.


Shirish Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 oh for crying out loud...

Shirish, bracing her shield in front of her, faces the direction of the source of the noise, but will not move from camp until the others have risen to do the same.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Waking to the crash, Chitleen gets to his feet and draws his talwar. As Daeron's lights spring into being he looks to the source of the noise.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


An inspection of the source of the noise finds that the kobold statue and pedestal have disappeared and been replaced by a gaping hole. An angry hissing sound rises from below.


That is, it appears some creature has fallen into a pit trap...


"Better whatever fell in there than us," Shirish says to Chitleen and shrugs. "Though if any can make use of a bow, we should not allow it to suffer all evening."


From the pit the hissing continues whilst the crickets chirp around you.
chirp...chirp...chirp...


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

T minus 4 days to greater activity from me :)

Chitleen moves guardedly to the edge of the pit for a look.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


nice holiday :). back in the US we don't allow such indolence. Back to Work! Crack!

The pit is quite deep, over twenty feet and although the bottom is veiled in darkness, perhaps that is a good thing as the hissing and scratching sounds are quite reptilian and if it is a dreaded basilisk down there, you wouldn't want to look too closely.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron creeps slowly to the pit's edge, before willing his orbs of light to illuminate the pit's bottom. Cautiously he peers over the lip.

edit: provide enough light to see the outline of the beast as needed.

501 to 550 of 4,080 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.