Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


451 to 500 of 4,080 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian 2

In that case I go at the fallen one and attack, use my previous rolls


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Chitleen holds his position and takes aim at the bird that is still standing....
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d6 ⇒ 1


sorry I missed you this morning, Cortos- the bigbeaks actually have reach so i'll have you step in this round for the attack so you don't take an AoO.

Round 2.
Daeron
Chitleen (done)
Shirish
Cortos (done)
Jerrand,
Birds

map (blue circle is prone)


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Daeron plucks an arrow before nocking it and fires at the upright bird. The bowstring catches his clothing as the arrow flies off.

ranged attack vs C9: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 don't think it is in melee yet so add -4 if appropriate
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Round 2

Steeping up to the prone bird Jerrand gets ready to let the creature have it. But his booted foot slips on the grease and he almost falls himself.

"Damnation! Ye knife-eared fool!" he sputters arms wailing about.

Actions: 5'step G-8, attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Shirish five foots to E9 and full attacks.

Shirish Longsword Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 if she kits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage.

Shirish Shield Bash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 if she hits she will deal 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.


The bowmen fire and Chitleen manages to 'wing' one of the big birds, mostly hitting feathers, but leaving a spot of blood. Shirish steps up to slash open the breast and then shield slap its head as it tries to bite her.

Cortos hacks into the Mega-chicken with a spray of blood and crunch of hollow bones. The axebeak nips at Jerrand as it staggers up ruining his swing. Dwarf AoOs on Axebeak.

Round 3.
Daeron
Chitleen
Shirish
Cortos
Jerrand
Birds

Grand Lodge

AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Do we both get AoOs? In that case 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d12 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Keeping out of the fray, Daeron looses off another arrow on the same bird, firing over the dwarves head. Irritatingly the bowstring snags his clothing a second time.

ranged attack into melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 5
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Shirish continues to full attack the monster in front of her.

Shirish Longsword Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 if she kits she will deal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

Shirish Shield Bash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 if she hits she will deal 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2:

Chitleen holds position and aims once more at the giga-chicken that Shirish is attacking...

Shortbow (with Point-Blank): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 4 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

...but as he is careful to not hit Shirish, the shot goes well wide.


Cortos would have had a +4 vs prone opponent and please break down you modifiers- Jerrand would be +3+1+4 (BAB+Str) + magic weapon + prone

The dwarves pound the fallen axebeak into pulp as arrows and bolts fly over Shirish's head. Fortunately she is able to hack a drumstick out from under the bird and then crush its head with her shield. Just as suddenly as they appeared the carnivorous birds are dead.

Grand Lodge

"Dinner?" the dwarven warrior priest says looking over the dead fowl.

Will do with the listing from here on.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen removes the string from his bow and stores it for safekeeping. He then moves to the axebeak and plucks a few of the choice and as yet unbloodied feathers from the corpse. Turning to the dwarves "Perhaps you wish to track it's origin to see if there are more eggs to be had?"


the meat should be fine is you care to dress it and an easy survival check should find the nest.

Grand Lodge

"Now ye be talk'n." Jerrand says to Chitleen when he mentions th eeggs. "Won't do tae let em's rot away, when we ken fires em in the mornin'." the dwarf says with a hint of glee in his eyes.

"And lass," he says turning to Shirish. "ye did real guid, real guids indeed."

Then he cleans his hammer and waits for someone else to take the lead following the trail.

Will use survival Aid Another if necessary.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen looks about to see if he could pick up the trail..

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


taking 10 would get it.

The trail of the larger birds over the desert pavement isn't too hard to follow and Chitleen and Jerrand soon come to a small nesting pit. Unfortunately, it is long past mating season, so no eggs are to be found, but strangely enough, a gold chain necklace and a shining silver dagger rest on the edge of the pit.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

"My sympathies sahib, it would appear as though there will not be any eggs for you on the morrow... however we have found something that may ease the pain" Chitleen kneels near the nest to assess the value of the necklace and dagger.

Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Chitleens appraisal finds the chain pretty standard fare worth about 50 scarabs, but the dagger is in fact mithral and well-made worth around 500 scarabs. MW mithral dagger- counts as silver and I'm adding the ability that mithral thrown weapons add 10 ft to their range due to their lightness so a thrown mithral dagger has a range of 20.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen sneers slightly at the gold chain before offering it to Jerrand "Common fare, but perhaps it could purchase a morning repast for you when we reach Solku? - so as to lessen the blow of the nest being forsaken of eggs?" he picks up the dagger with more reverence and moves to Daeron "This is of much finer make, but I suspect too delicate for our companions.... would you care for it?"


Dwarf Barbarian 2

That ain't too delicate at all! That dagger will make a fine toothpick says Cortos, grinning.


Not long after, the travelers climb a hillock and have an overlook of the surrounding area. North is the central lowlands and the Sabkha. You can just make out the thread of the Obelisk Trail that runs from Katapesh to Solku. To the east you see the dark green of the Sparadyn Jungle.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

After climbing the hillock "And so, on to Sabkha... or are we feeling more adventurous?"


"Meet exotic new species, kill and consume them?" Shirish suggests, raising an eyebrow. "There, the path is laid for us. There," she points to the jungle and grins, incisors featuring prominently, "there is a challenge."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen offers Shirish's words an unfettered grin of curiosity and excitement as he waits for the words of the others.

Daeron - if you don't want the dagger, then Chit would take it.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Friend Chitleen, I would be glad to treasure this fine dagger and make the best use of it. It would be a much welcome piece to add to my meager armory.

Daeron looks over to the foliage of the dark jungle, weighing his options.

A conundrum we have here, it seems. A dry trail to civilization or a short detour seeking more riches and tales of forgotten tombs.

Daeron pauses, recollecting some thoughts from his storied past.

Knowlege(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Swamped for a few days with work. Daeron wants to know what creature may inhibit the jungle and precautions needed and any idea of where the pyramid might be located.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Well said Shirish.
Cortos is pretty ecstatic. Some dwarves are going to make him a fine new axe, it's confident in his fighting abilities, and eager to see more perilous locations.


The history of the Agate King, as with so much of the history of Ancient Osirion, is lost to the ages. However, Daeron would surmise the Agate King ruled near the height of the God Kings of Osirion during the early Age of Desiny. The pyramid was only rediscovered about two thousand years ago in association with the dawn of the Oasis Age of Katapesh.

The Steps of the Agate King was long ago looted, but rumors over the ages hold that the Agate King's tomb was never found and that it still lay hidden beneath the agate veined blocks of the pyramid.

The Sparadyn Jungle is nowhere near the size of the famed Vargas Swamp of the north or even the Evergrowth farther west and holds no reptilian humanoids like the others. However, it is still home to various dangerous reptiles including a large number of basilisks. It is rumored to be infested by giant insects and other dangerous vermin as well as bandits and cultists.

Grand Lodge

"Do we be havin' times fir a detour?" Jerrand asks eying the jungle. "It wuild do fir us tae battle all dae way to Solku. Fir Gorum's Glory!"


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Smiling benignly "Why good dwarf I would gauge we have time for multiple detours if we so wish. Perhaps if you would lead the way? - with such a hearty repast why your innards must be half stone already so you have naught to fear from the gaze of the basilisk." said good-naturedly and with a sideways wink at Daeron.

Not waiting for a reply, Chitleen starts to walk in the direction of the jungle.


Heady from the success of their venture into the Shrine of the Black Sphinx and perhaps a tad overconfident, our heroes turn from the Obelisk Trail and head eastward toward the dark tangle of the Sparadyn Jungle. They reach the edges of the forest as the sun sinks in the west.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Solemn gaze regarding the mass of nature before them, Chitleen wards "Perhaps it best we camp beyond the grasping branches tonight? - might we enter within on the morrow?"

Grand Lodge

"Aye, best we do. Fir in dae mornin' I can pray tae Gorum and bees better prepared." Jerrand says eying the jungle with distrust.


"Camp far enough from the branches that nothing could be hidden in the brush even with our sight," Shirish agrees, smiling at the priest.

Shirish will take 10 on survival to make a defensible camp for the night.


Even camped some distance from the jungle, the droning buzz of insects through the night is quite impressive. That clamor fades with the dawn and is replaces by raucuos bird calls as you breakfast on travel rations and check your gear.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Are we ripening the axe-beaks for the next meal eh dwarves? Adding disrupt undead and enlarge person to spells prepared.


Shirish rises early, and lacking the ability to take a leisurely jog into the likely death trap full of statuary crafting basilisks trains with her longsword, hammer, and shield for an hour instead. She chants beneath her breath in Orcish with each swing, and smiles, then when sated, raises her long sword and grins at the path ahead, and flexes the impressive muscles in her solid arms.

Shirish is calling upon Kurgess's blessings in Orcish


Daeron Gwadestael wrote:
Are we ripening the axe-beaks for the next meal eh dwarves?

forgot about that. heck of a drumstick. you could pit roast some of the meat overnight if you like.

Once prepared, you push on into the verdant thicket. The going is slow as you have to chop your way with nearly every step and the groundcover obscures holes and roots that keep you working to stay upright. Eventually you reach a game trail and are able to move somewhat more quickly though you still have to duck dangling lianas and low branches.

Perception DC 16:
Just ahead, concealed by the hanging greenery, you make out a dwarf-sized black beetle following the trail straight toward you.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Wiping sleep from his stubbornly insensate eyes Chitleen slogs away behind the more energetic small and wide bramble clearers.

Grand Lodge

Readying himself in the morning through prayer and combat exercises Jerrand joins the others along the trail.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Shirish Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Cortos, I believe that you've attracted a friend," Shirish rumbles.

Shirish Kn. Nature 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Shirish:
It is far, far larger than any you have ever seen, but this bug appears to be a bombadier beetle that is known for scavenging the desert and releasing a burning stink when threatened.

as soon as I get everyone's percetion checks, I'll roll Init.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Walking the trail, quarterstaff in hand, Daeron busies himself testing to recall the names of flora as they pass through.


Dwarf Barbarian 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
That's no friend... mumbles Cortos. Watch out everyone. See that thing over there? They can be nasty.


Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Cortos 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Jerrand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Shirish 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Foe 1d20 ⇒ 7

A dwarf-sized black beetle pushes through the undergrowth following the trail right toward you. It is about twenty feet ahead of Shirish (40' ahead of Cortos at the back of the line).

Surprise rnd: Cortos, Shirish


Shirish shouts "This thing has a spray attack!" and uses her surprise round move action to defend herself with her shield.


paging dr. cortos, paging dr. cortos...


and it's just after 7 in the morning and i want to listen to cypress hill now...

451 to 500 of 4,080 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.