Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Hunger in the Darkness - Expedition to the Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

A desperate attempt to reclaim the ancestral Dwarvish mine of Tar-Urkatha from the darkness that has engulfed it....


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,477 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Padrym waits, axe at the ready for Love to identify a threat.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Dammit, is there something out there or not,"Dolgrym snaps, his nerves clearly getting the best of him in the silent mine.


Primordial Ooze

Khepri's extended senses do not trigger immediately... but then both himself and Feigr get a solid lead as figures shuffle out of the gloom - from the directions that dragging chains were heard previously.

Clearly the creatures approaching you were once dwarves... but no longer. Walking on all fours and crablike, the figures are mostly naked - though trail chains from their wrists. Whatever fat was once upon their form is now gone and the figures are painfully emaciated, bone sticking out like points and ribs clearly visible... though all bear a distended potbelly. The most disturbing though are their jaws, hanging open with profound hunger and overwide with sharp teeth.

The half-dozen undead do not charge headlong at you... yet. Instead they are circling about fifty feet from the tunnel's end and watching...

Feigr:
As the creatures draw closer, the voices that you heard upon the tunnel rise out of the chorus again... clearly they are echoes of whatever walks before you. Once dwarf... but changed, and lesser for the experience.

Knowledge Religion DC 14:
The creatures are ghouls, unholy get of a cannibal's driven hunger for, in this case, dwarf flesh. They may have fallen and been raised... or they may have been twisted by the diet forced upon them and turned while they still drew breath.

Their teeth and claws carry a malaise that chills the blood and numbs the muscles of those it marks. Their mouths are also a haven for the pestilence that beds into rotting corpses.

Also - while they are ghouls - they have a little more punch than your usual CR 1 monster.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Know. Religion 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Those seem to be ghouls out there. Paralysis and pestilence are their main calling cards."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"What are they waiting for Dolgrym? Feels like they're waiting for the other half of a trap to fall on us."

Padrym casts his gaze to the rear of the party.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
K. Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Now that combat is emminent Padrym calls into existence multiple images of himself.

Cast Mirror Image for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

The ghouls are too distant for Cynara's limited sight to resolve them, but Dolgrym's identification is enough. "It would seem that they're kept locked away until needed; I'm not sure what could force their current reluctance to charge us, though." She readies herself to channel if they approach.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
"Different sort than I've ever run into Dolgrym. I wouldn't even have known them as ghouls had you not spoken. Bit strange for them not to be charging us." Feigr continues concentrating on the ghouls to see if he can learn anything more. Another round worth of concentration to detect the strength of the strongest aura.


Primordial Ooze

The ghouls continue to keep their distance for now, crab walking at the extreme range of your darkvision. 50-55ft They clearly note your presence and there is an almost painful sense of hunger on their faces... but they do not approach.

Sense Motive DC 15:
You're fairly sure that an overt action would draw their ire... but their current reticence seems tied to the fact that you have not yet breached into the chamber proper and remain within or near the tunnel exit.

Feigr:
You get a strong aura strength from the creatures.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Eyes straining and waiting for any movement in her limited range of vision, Cynara has buckler and rapier ready.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
"I'm not sure what they're waiting for, but these are no ordinary ghouls. This will be a difficult fight if we take them on."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"They're waiting for us to get closer to them. We aren't in their hunting ground and we're close to an exit. Soon as we move or attack they'll be on us."


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Someone make the call. Do we back out of here and avoid them, or do we take them on now?". Dolgrym casts his Mirror Image spell as well, in case things took a turn for the worse.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"What do you think of attacking and seeing if we can pull them into the tunnel?"


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"That has a great deal to recommend it. Against these, we should stay close to each other so I can heal anyone who falls."


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"I can also remove the paralysis from anyone they affect as long as I stay out of that trouble myself. This might be a fight where I am better off assisting some of the rest of you rather than entering the fray immediately."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"Let's do it then. Draw them in with ranged fire."


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"If we are sure that is the course to take, I can try the tripping spells I have to hurt them, and maybe slow one down for a few seconds," Dolgrym suggests, waiting for an official decision before firing away.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

can Khepri see that far to fire his bow?


Primordial Ooze

If you unleash a light of some kind - yep


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"I'll step back and guide those of you planning to use ranged fire. I have a spell to summon a weapon that could attack them where they stand, but I would prefer to be ready to assist any of you the ghouls manage to affect."
Casts guidance on Khepri, Padrym, and Love.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

To save a round, Cynara will cast guidance on Padrym.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri decides to keep a lower profile for now. "I'm going to keep the sword at at ready in case your arrows bring them down for an attack. I'll try and keep them off of you."

Khepri will attack one if they come over to attack.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Status:

HP = 39/39
AC = 20/12/19
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus (Bladebound) Spells(CL 4, 7 melee touch, 4 ranged touch):
2 Glitterdust (DC 14)
1 Shocking Grasp (x2), Enlarge Person (DC 13)
0 Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Shield, Mirror Image (3)

Snorting at the stare off Padrym will either wait for Love to fire at the creatures or cast light on a nearby pebble and kick it at them.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Let's get on with it then," the Mage says, as he fires a bolt of magical energy at the closest undead.

Magic missle 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Trip check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

AC 18, HP 34/34


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love returns to the opening.

"Do not leave this opening. If the thing moving the lever that released our friends out there gets to the spike we will be trapped."

Love slides past the group and heads for the stairwell.

Attempting to be stealthy. Though at this point it may not matter. Stealth +10 if it matters.


Primordial Ooze

Just a note - I've got all I need and I'll frame up the initial post tomorrow. Combination of biliary colic and four month old sucked up my time this weekend.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

bump...


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

bump bump bump


Primordial Ooze

Note: I'll hopefully have something up tomorrow, if not then on Monday.
Travel plus being busy has made me a much crappier DM than any of you deserve over the last week or two - but that should improve moving forwards. I had to swallow a bitter pill and realise that I had more on than I should and have cut a few PbPs out of my roster to ease some of the burden I'd taken on.
This game will stay open and active, as we've just gotten to the juicy bits - so hang tight just a wee bit longer.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

I'm glad this one gets to continue! I can't wait to see what is too come!


Primordial Ooze

Collated intent:
Variety of pre-buffing goes off (without a hitch)
Love stealths over to the stairs
Dolgym unleashes a magic missile - and then comes the storm...

Initiative Block:
Feigr: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Khepri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Padrym: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Dolgrym: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Lowfield: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Cynara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ghouls: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
XX: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Round 1: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

Fickle Hand of Fate:
Love: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 and 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
XX: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 and 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Love steals to one side and is able to see a dark figure in the recessed room atop the stairs. The figure is swathed in black and it's face is covered by a cloth. To it's side you spy some levers and controls that might connect to the portcullis and also other mechanisms deeper within the chamber. The creature does not appear to have noticed him... yet.

At that moment, Dolgrym's words of arcane power ring out and his forceful missives arc across the chamber to thunder into one of the ghouls lurking just within his sight. The beast goes down howling to the floor.

Updated Map

Will have the enemies actions up in roughly 8-12 hours.


Primordial Ooze

Love:
You see the figure in the hollow above tense as the noise of the ghouls carries through the main chamber... but despite the narrowed eyes and readied crossbow - it makes no over move to act yet.

You can snipe from hiding without a need for a stealth roll - though I'd need one if you tried to close before acting.

The ghouls don't howl or yell as they crab charge with remarkable dexterity forward across the ground between you. Instead they keen with a low moan of hunger that eats at your senses, hairs standing upon your neck and mouth drying as they draw nearer.

Three of them charge headlong into the fray, targeting those that stand just within the main chamber as they do so. They leap up as they close slavering jaws and distended tongues scything forward at your faces...
Ghoul on Khepri: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Ghoul on Feigr: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 And Fort Save DC 15 or paralyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds. Also give me a second Fort save please.
Ghoul on Padrym: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
...Kehpri and Padrym able to shield themselves, but Feigr feels it's jaws close upon his shoulder - biting through steel to draw blood. The wound burns as though it was aflame as poison spreads from the bite and into your bloodstream.

Feigr:
As the ghoul bites, one voice cries out from the sussurant chorus in ecstasy "So sweet... it has been so very very long"

The other ghouls range a little further back from the fray for now - searching for an opening where they might also join the combat. The one that needed to regain it's feet lags slightly behind the others - who are twenty feet ahead of the point where the passage joins the main chamber.

Round 1: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

Map tonight - but the three charging ghouls sit immediately in front of the three at the chamber's mouth. While the other three range back 20-30ft from the line of scrimmage.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Assuming there are two together

Khepri braces himself against the attacks of the ghoul and set up his ghoul then the ghoul next to Feigr with a wicked slash Cleave

Power Attack with mw Scimitar @ K8? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Power Attack with mw Scimitar @ L8? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

AC is 20 until my next turn


Primordial Ooze

Khepri's cleaving strike is almost fended away, but managed to cut through the thigh of the creature before him - though all strength is robbed from the strike and the ghoul before Feigr with a blood stained maw is able to weave away from his blade.

Round 1: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

Damage Tracker:
Ghoul - K,8 - 12
Ghoul - Second row - 8


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 1:

Cynara calls upon the power of Life within her, filling the area with positive energy.

Damage to ghouls, save DC 16: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 1

Status:

HP = 39/39
AC = 20/12/19
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus (Bladebound) Spells(CL 4, 7 melee touch, 4 ranged touch):
2 Glitterdust (DC 14)
1 Shocking Grasp (x2), Enlarge Person (DC 13)
0 Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Shield, Mirror Image (3)

Shielded by magic Padrym swings Magatha at the ghoul who charged him.

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Primordial Ooze

Map Update - will collate actions and effects come morning.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Rd 1

The mage casts a spell, creating a fiery sphere to appear at L9, and roll forward to L8, trying to burn the undead fighting against the oracle.

DC 16 Ref save

Damage 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) = 11


Primordial Ooze

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Cynara's wave of positive energy washes over the ghouls and the flesh of the center undead opposite Feigr begins to melt and flow as though being eaten away by acid. The other two ghoul recoil in pain, but are not as badly affected.

Padrym's blow is dodged, but the ball of flame conjured by Dolgrym is less easily avoided. It catches the ghoul on the back of one leg and the creature collapses atop the burning orb. Flesh blackens and chars and it's movements grow weaker.

Round 1: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

All ghouls are still up, though the front row are looking worse for wear.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

"I am not getting paid enough for this.."

Love mutters as he reaches into his pack.
Withdrawing a short black object he lights it with a tindertwig and tosses the burning smokestick into the passage in front of him.
With a last look at the onrushing ghouls he slips silently into the smoke.

Stealth into the smoke please. Can only manage a 5' step to h-6 but as the stick went off in h-5 and has a 10' radius Love is well protected and our friend with the lever has no idea where the sneaky dwarf is.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 1
Sorry for the delay. Lost my dot again. Also it doesn't make any difference for this fight, but Feigr gets +2 Initiative underground due to Tunnel Fighter. I'll add it closer to the normal Initiative spot in the stat block so its easier to remember.

Feigr gasps with pain as the ghoul's teeth sink into him, unsure whether it is the terrible hunger in the voice or the pain of the wound itself that hurts more. Feeling stiffness begin to seize his limbs, he concentrates and fights off the paralysis. Magrim, give me the strength to resist.
Fort save (Paralysis) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fort save (Other) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 That's not going to be good.

Ignoring the pain in his shoulder, Feigr brings his hammer around in a swing at the ghoul that wounded him.
Attack (+1 Warhammer, Corpse Hunter, Power Attack) 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 - 1 = 10
Damage (+1 Warhammer, Power Attack) 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 14

Status:

hp 28/35 (all three temporary hp expended)


Primordial Ooze

Love sends a smokestick tumbling into the small chamber and it rapidly fills with thick smoke, as he steps to follow in it's wake.

Smoke also blocks your view of the dark figure, for now...

Feigr manages to fend off the pain to strike back, though his warhammer cannot meet dead flesh. The wound where the beast secured it's jaws begins to itch... If you can add a note on your status with 1 day incubation

The ghouls then assault the three who stand in the fray with raking claws...
Padrym: Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 and Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - Mirror Image Check: 1d4 ⇒ 2 and 1d3 ⇒ 3 Both hit mirrors
Feigr: Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 and Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Khepri: Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 and Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Feigr Claw Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 - Feigr Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14 and 1 x DC 15 Fort save vs Paralysis.
...Khepri easily fending off the ghoul's blows while Padrym is saved from damage as the ghoul mistakenly strikes his conjured mirror images.

Feigr is less fortunate... one of the ghoul's claws manages to rake into his existing bite wound, causing it to be cruelly opened wide and make him stagger with the pain inflicted.

The remaining three ghouls keep their distance, wary of the energy that the elfen maiden seemed capable of conjuring.

Round 2: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

Map Update


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 2

Status:

HP = 39/39
AC = 20/12/19
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus (Bladebound) Spells(CL 4, 7 melee touch, 4 ranged touch):
2 Glitterdust (DC 14)
1 Shocking Grasp (x2), Enlarge Person (DC 13)
0 Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Shield, Mirror Image (1)

"Stand firm Feigr!"

Giving thanks for his magical protection Padrym swings again at the creature in front of him.

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 2:

Cynara murmurs a spell and reaches up to lay a hand on her fellow oracle.

Cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Round 2

Khepri sees Feigr succumb to more attacks so he reverse his last swing hoping to remove the threat from feigr. Unfortunately Khepri was too concerned with Feigr's well being to mount an effective attack. Cleaving from Feigr's Ghoul to mine, which won't count since I missed the first one

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Current Status:

HP 36/36
AC 20
Effects
Lay on Hands 7/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (2/day) Used - [0]

Actions used Standard cleave


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Round 2

Seeing the oracle freeze up, Dolgrym fires off his second Magic Missle at the undead directly threatening Feigr, hoping to knock him off his feet, if nothing else.

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Topple check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

He also keeps his ball of fire roasting the closest undead. Ref 16 save to avoid damage.

Flaming Sphere Damage 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8

AC 18
HP 34/34


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 2

This time Feigr isn't as fortunate. The ghoul's claw cuts deeply into the previous wound, scraping along a nerve in his shoulder. The paralysis inflicted by the blow races through his body and the dwarf freezes in place, even as his allies rush to heal him.
Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Status:

hp 28/35 (all three temporary hp expended)
Ghoul's blow and Cynara's healing balance out. No net gain or loss.
Conditions: Paralyzed, 1 day incubation


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Feigr, you are correct, I'm editing my original post


Primordial Ooze

Magatha carves a deep furrow across one of the ghoul's trunks and it falls to the ground to hunger no more. Dolgrym directs the sphere of flame towards the ghoul that savaged Feigr...
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
...catching it unawares as it savored the sanguine feast within it's mouth. It moans as the flame licks at it's form and o'ercomes it's fortitude.

Feigr is frozen in place even as Cynara salves his wounds, and Khepri's scything blow is well wide.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds of paralysis.

Round 2: XX, Ghouls, Cynara, Khepri, Feigr, Lowfield, Dolgrym, Padrym

2/6 down.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

DM, did my Magic Missle go off last round? If the one I was shooting at fell, could I direct it at another one instead?

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,477 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hunger and Darkness - Reclaiming Tar-Urkatha All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.