Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hunger in the Darkness - Expedition to the Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

A desperate attempt to reclaim the ancestral Dwarvish mine of Tar-Urkatha from the darkness that has engulfed it....


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,477 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status AC 24 HP 28/28 Effects - Bless

Khepri moves to the gnoll in the tent Cynara damaged, protecting her as best he can by stepping in between her and the other gnoll.

5'Step to Q16

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Primordial Ooze

Khepri steps into the hole that Cynara left and puts the bloodied gnoll within the tent out of it's misery.

Howls erupt across the camp as a wave of gnolls rush forward...
Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Spear on Khepri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Spear on Khepri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
...though those that close quickly enough to strike do not have their spears meet flesh.

The burly gnoll put down by Dolgrym rises to his feet and fixes the mage with a malevolent gaze. Stepping up to the portly wizard, he unleashes a brutal strike with his flail... Move action to stand, 5ft step, then attack
Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
...though his attack is wild.

The other scarified warrior next to Khepri instead sweeps his flail at the Paladin's legs...
Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
...yipping through bared teeth as the man of Solku is sent groundwards.

The priestess speaks in tongues and tries to protect her delicate movements from Feigr's attention...
Cast Defensive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Spellcraft DC 17:
The gnoll priestess has cast hold person on Feigr

...grinning vilely as she spits at Magrim's vassal. Feigr feels his limbs begin to become leaden and a weight press down on his mind...
DC 15 Will save or paralyzed

Action Tracker (Round 4): Cynara, Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Khepri, Love, Gnolls

Updated Map


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Clearly, Cynara has neglected her studies of Lamashtu's rites. Or she was absent the day it was covered in Spellcraft class.

Waiting to act until I know whether Feigr saved; he's exactly thirty feet away, so Cynara is aware of him.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 4

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bull's Strength, Bless

"Damn."

Need to end these two quick and get back to Feigr.

"I'll take these two, you two go help Feigr."

Padrym steps forward and swings at the armored gnoll.

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Bull's Strength Bless: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Primordial Ooze

Padrym's axe explodes through the chest of the scarified gnoll, taking the best part of two ribs with it. The gnoll is staggered... but stands on, not yet out of the fight.

Action Tracker (Round 4): Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Cynara, Khepri, Love, Gnolls


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Dolgrym steps back to O 23, and casts a spell. After completing his gestures, he belches forth a large blast of fire in a cone that catches the two gnolls nearest him in the gout.

CastFire Breath. Should catch both of them, and spare Padrym.

Damage 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 4) = 17 Reflex DC 15 for half.

Daily Resources:

Spoiler:

AC 10 (14 w/ Mage Armor)
HP 26/26
Spells Typically Memorized:

Save DCs for 0 level = 13
Save DCs for 1 level = 14
Save DCs for 2 level = 15

0-Detect Magic, Light, Message*, Ray of Frost
(4+1)1-Ear Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person*, Toppling Magic Missle x2^^, Shield
(2+1)2-Bull's Strength*^, Fire Breath (Ref DC 15)^, Glitterdust (DC15)
* means Transmutation Spell
^ means spell used for the day.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri will be standing and taking the AoO then cleaving the two smaller gnolls at P15 and Q15 if you want to take the swings now


Primordial Ooze

Gnoll Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Scarified Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dolgrym's breath of flame burns both the gnoll and his scarified friend badly. The elite gnoll succumbs to his wounds between Padrym's cleaving axe and the scorching.

Both are now down.

The gnolls surrounding Khepri lay in as he attempts to stand...
Spear AoO: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 4 = 18
Spear AoO: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19
Flail AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 4 = 22
...though no blows mark his skin.

Cleave away :)

Action Tracker (Round 4): Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Cynara, Khepri, Love, Gnolls


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status AC 24 HP 28/28 Effects - Bless

Power Attack with mw Scimitar [P15] 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Cleave Attack if first hit

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 4

Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Feigr feels the spell begin to weigh on him, but reaches deep and pushes off the gnoll priestess's spell. He spits back at her, "B@%%!, we're sending you all to the boneyard." and swings his axe, but the leaden weigh still in his legs throws off his balance and his swing fails to connect.
Attack (Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe, Bless, Power Attack) 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 7

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 24/24 (+3 temporary)
Weapon Equipped Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6 +1 (bless) (1d10+3/20/x3)
Effects shield of faith, bless


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 21/21 AC: 17 Conditions: Blessed; +1 to hit and on saves vs. fear

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 2/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 1/50

Seeing that Feigr is still up, and having had Khepri slaughter the gnoll she'd been plinking away at, Cynara takes a moment to cast magic weapon on Khepri's blade.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status: Current AC 20, HP 28/28, Effects: Bless, magic weapon

DM - VoV:
I was confused on my AC right now so I double checked it. I had my Current AC wrong in status, it should have been 22 not 24. So that means the flail would have hit me on the Attack of opportunity. I backtracked and no other attack was affected by my mistake. I apologize for not having it correct.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 4

Good work Sparky. I take back most of what I said about you.

Love ducks out of sight behind the tent. The thrum of his crossbow sounding in the darkness.

Move to Q,21.
Attack knoll at K,16. Light crossbow, bless, target in combat, 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 14. Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Slow it down, Love. Urp...I've still got enough fire in this belly to singe what's left of your beard a little bit. Urgh," the mage grumps at the rogue, through a series of burps and gurgles coming from his belching fire spell.


Primordial Ooze

Khepri - no problems. The flail does 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage, but the hit shouldn't affect any of your actions.

Khepri's blade scythes through the first gnoll dealing a bad but not fatal wound, but deflects off bone and fails to harm the second. Cynara channels some of her divine right into the paladin's scimitar.

Feigr throws off the twisted magics of the priestess, though his axe is momentarily stilled.

Love sends a bolt lancing into the flank of one of the gnolls attacking Feigr.

Behind you the jangle of metal and thud of short legs pounding the dirt signals that the arrival of the dwarves is not far off.

Action Tracker (Round 4): Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Cynara, Khepri, Love, Gnolls

Gnolls will be updated in about 6 hours.


Primordial Ooze

The gnolls surrounding Feigr lash out with their spears, while the priestess unlimbers a wicked looking barbed falchion...
Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Flanking Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Flanking Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Priestess Falchion on Feigr: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
...though his defense is stout enough to bear the assault. The priestess takes a step back from the melee to better see the rest of the camp.

Khepri is similarly swamped by the foes facing him, the flail wielding scarified gnoll attempting to send him to the ground before the others strike...
Trip on Khepri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Spear on prone Khepri: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 4 = 19
Spear on prone Khepri: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 = 16
...though the thrusts are wide of his freshly prone form.

From the main building of the fort comes a well equipped and muscled gnoll. Love recognizes it across the field of battle as the one who barked orders at the ones that came from the mine with sacks. He seems to be regarding the field of battle with a cold and calculating eye...
He's in S,10

At that point the front wave of the dwarven reinforcements break into the Southern edge of the camp at a canter. They are at a flat run, though as they near weapons are readied and shields slung forwards ready for the fray. Gaelthrin lags slightly behind the front wave.

Action Tracker (Round 5): Cynara, Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Khepri, Love, Gnolls, Dwarf Reinforcements

Damage Tracker:
Elite Gnoll - R,15 - 3
Gnoll Priestess - K,14 - 11
Gnoll - P,16 - 11
Gnoll - K,16 - 4

Updated Map


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 5

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15 14 Charging
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bull's Strength, Bless

Padrym nods at his brothers in arms before charging back into the fray.

"Stone!"

Charge to M17
Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Bull's Strength Bless Charging: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d10 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 5:

Status:

HP: 21/21 AC: 17 Conditions: Blessed; +1 to hit and on saves vs. fear

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 2/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 1/50

Time to do something about that gnoll right in front of me. Cynara's rapier again flashes out.

Attack on gnoll at P-16: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15

Damage, assuming that hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status AC 20 HP 27/28 Effects: Bless, magic weapon

Khepri will stand up taking the attacks of opportunity once more

Khepri will Cleave starting with P16 protecting Cynara from harm then Q15. Unless her hit kills it, then will start with Q15 then into R15

Power Attack P16 with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Power Attack Q15 with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Then as a swift action lay on hands 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 5

Feigr takes a short step to engage the gnoll priestess again, but pressing through the surrounding gnolls throws off his balance and a wild blow misses her completely. K14
Attack (Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe, Bless, Power Attack, Gnoll) 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 8

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 24/24 (+3 temporary)
Weapon Equipped Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6 +1 (bless) (1d10+3/20/x3)
Effects shield of faith, bless


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 5

Love crosses north of the tent stopping at the corpse of a fallen gnoll.N,18

the shortbearded dwarf reaches into his back and withdraws a tightly sealed flask.
Standard used for second move. Drawing a flask of fire.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Dolgrym uses his action to move toward the collection of gnolls at the center of camp, stopping at square M 19. He pulls his axe as he moves, not being sure if he will get a chance to breathe another gout of flame before the battlefields gets too crowded.

Daily Resources:

Spoiler:
:

AC 10 (14 w/ Mage Armor)
HP 26/26
Spells Typically Memorized:

Save DCs for 0 level = 13
Save DCs for 1 level = 14
Save DCs for 2 level = 15

0-Detect Magic, Light, Message*, Ray of Frost
(4+1)1-Ear Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person*, Toppling Magic Missle x2^^, Shield
(2+1)2-Bull's Strength*^, Fire Breath (Ref DC 15)^, Glitterdust (DC15)
* means Transmutation Spell
^ means spell used for the day.


Primordial Ooze

Padrym's charge throws Magatha slightly off target, though his blade still makes solid enough contact to end his chosen target.

Cynara's thin blade runs the heavily wounded gnoll before her through.

The holy warrior rises, drawing the attention of his foes...
Spear AoO: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 = 16
Flail AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17
...though no blows mark his skin. Khepri's return strike deals the gnoll a heavy blow, though does not do enough to harm the scarified flail wielder.

Love and Dolgrym move forward through the camp.

The late arriving gnollish warrior barks at the priestess in heavily accented gnoll "Give your life, I make for the Shadows" he then turns his back and strides confidently towards the mine entrance. He does not turn back to see your actions despite a plaintive cry from the priestess.

The gnolls that remain grow quiet as they fight on, clearly fearing the one that left more than death... but there is less conviction in their blows...
Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Flanking Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Flanking Priestess Falchion on Feigr: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
...Feigr suffering a raking blow that opens a gouge along his arm.

Flail on Khepri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spear on Khepri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
...and the gnolls facing Khepri finally meeting with some luck as two strikes rattle the paladin within his steel shell.

The dwarves rush forward across the camp. Short legs ensuring they do not reach combat yet, but not for lack of trying.

Action Tracker (Round 6): Cynara, Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Khepri, Love, Gnolls, Dwarf Reinforcements

Damage Tracker:
Elite Gnoll - R,15 - 3
Gnoll Priestess - K,14 - 11
Gnoll - Q,15 - 7

Updated Map


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

DM, how far is the boss gnoll from Dolgrym at this point?


Primordial Ooze

Roughly 120ish feet


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Dolgrym hears the hubbub as the leader of the tribe was apparently fleeing to prepare a counterattack at a later time. "This should slow you down a bit," the mage mutters as he casts a spell and a brilliant cloud glowing sparks surround the gnoll, working their way into the gnoll's clothing.

Cast Glitterdust. Will DC 15 to avoid blindness.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status
AC 20 HP 19/28 (With Cynara's cure light wounds)
Effects bless, magic weapon
Smite Evil Used 0/1
Lay on Hands Used 2/4

Khepri takes two solid blows, injuring him gravely. Calling upon Sarenrae Khepri healed himself to continue the battle. Seeing his dwarven allies coming to his aid he continued the battle against the gnolls.

Lay on Hands 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Power Attack with mw Scimitar Q15 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

Power Attack with mw Scimitar R15 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 6:

Status:

HP: 21/21 AC: 17 Conditions: Blessed; +1 to hit and on saves vs. fear

Ah, the second wave of cavalry has arrived. I can concentrate on keeping our people up before we press on into the mine. Cynara quickly draws a wand and activates it, tapping the wounded paladin in front of her. CLW from wand on Khepri: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Khepri, take back 7 more HP. I'm unfortunately not close enough to Feigr to be able to tell how he's doing.

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 2/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 2/50


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 6

Feigr grimaces with pain as the gnolls finally pierce his defenses, but he resumes his attack on the priestess, swinging his axe violently at her midsection.
Attack (Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe, Bless, Power Attack, Gnoll) 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 16/24 (0 temporary)
Weapon Equipped Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6 +1 (bless) (1d10+3/20/x3)
[b]Effects
shield of faith, bless


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 6

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bull's Strength, Bless

"Hold on Feigr."

Move to L15, attack K15
Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Bull's Strength Bless: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d10 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

I feel like I should cast a spell at some point, but right now this axe is just too much fun...


Primordial Ooze

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 - failed
The retreating gnoll is limned in a cloud of golden flakes that cause it to slow and stumble.

Cynara's wand invigorates the holy warrior, and he lashes out with his blade. The gnoll drops mewling as a torrent of blood gushes from it's neck while the follow through catches the scarified warrior on his armor, denting it though not hard enough to cause it harm.

Feigr's violent swipe nearly catches the priestess off guard, though the gnoll veers away at the last moment. Padrym's chosen target is less lucky, Magatha drinking deeply once more and severing a leg entirely.

Action Tracker (Round 6): Cynara, Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Khepri, Love, Gnolls, Dwarf Reinforcements

Damage Tracker:
Elite Gnoll - R,15 - 3
Gnoll Priestess - K,14 - 11


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 6

"Go get em boys."

Love moves forwards jinking to the right around a rock as he moved deeper into the camp. Move to N,14

"Sorry Feigr!" Love shouts to the embattled dwarf. Looking to love fegir sees the tomb-breaker seemingly standing idle, then he notices a glittering object that love had tossed on a high lob towards him.
Attack, alchemist's fire on priestess, ranged touch attack, bless, one range increment 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 22. Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3 and on fire for the next round. Feigr and Gnoll in L,14 take 1 point of splash damage each.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr jerks his head back as he realizes what Love has thrown, but not quick enough to avoid catching the burst of fire full on. He laughs back at Love, "Ha, well, at least ya got decent aim. Just a singed beard today, but she's not so happy."

Status before I go in Round 7:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 15/24 (0 temporary)
Weapon Equipped Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6 +1 (bless) (1d10+3/20/x3)
Effects shield of faith, bless


Primordial Ooze

Love's fiery cargo arcs and breaks across the priestess' snout setting her chest ablaze and spraying burning liquid on Feigr and the other gnoll.

The priestess reacts poorly, falling backwards to the ground and attempting to smother the flames...
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
...succeeding but also opening her up to assault.

The remaining gnoll lashes out at Padrym, while the elite resigns itself to it's fate and strikes at Khepri...
Spear on Feigr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Flail on Khepri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
...the scarified gnoll smiting another heavy blow into the holy warrior.

The retreating leader stumbles further into the mouth of the mine, scratching at his eyes...
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
...but still unable to clear the bright dust from them. He's about 150ft away now.

The dwarves move to engage the gnolls...
Axe on Priestess: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13
Axe on Gnoll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Axe on Elite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Axe on Elite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
... though the first wave of attacks leave something to be desired.

Action Tracker (Round 7): Cynara, Dolgrym, Padrym, Feigr, Khepri, Love, Gnolls, Dwarf Reinforcements

Map later tonight if needed
Padrym, Feigr and Love are near to the gnoll and priestess; while Khepri and Cynara are near the elite. Dolgyrm is a little further away.

Damage Tracker:
Elite Gnoll - R,15 - 3
Gnoll Priestess - K,14 - 14
Last Gnoll - 1


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 7:

Status:

HP: 21/21 AC: 17 Conditions: Blessed; +1 to hit and on saves vs. fear

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 2/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 3/50

"Try to dodge a bit more effectively, Khepri." Cynara taps him with the wand again.

CLW on Khepri, curing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 HP


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 7

"Well, that fire had an unexpected benefit." He steps forward, swinging his axe in an attempt to finish the gnoll priestess.

Attack (Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe, Bless, Power Attack, Gnoll, Prone)1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 4 = 27
Damage (Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe, Power Attack) 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Hopefully finishing her, he takes off toward the escaping gnoll leader, exposing himself to the attacks of the final gnoll. Move 20 feet toward escaping leader.

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 15/24 (0 temporary)
Weapon Equipped Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6 +1 (bless) (1d10+3/20/x3)
Effects shield of faith, bless


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 7

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bull's Strength, Bless

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Bull's Strength Bless: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Padrym sends Magatha into the last gnoll before rushing towards the blind leader.

If that doesn't drop the gnoll I'll still move 20 feet and take the attack of opportunity. Isn't the leader slowed by being blinded?


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Dolgrym will delay his action, waiting to see if any gnolls remain after the attacks by the rest of his team. He will prepare to cast Magic Missle from his arcane bond on any gnoll remaining on its feet.


Primordial Ooze

Feigr and Padrym's twin strikes put paid to the priestess and the last remaining rank and file gnoll. The only one standing is the scarified gnoll in combat with Khepri, though he is surrounded by dwarves and you gauge he's well accounted for.


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Well pleased by the developments, Dolgrym turns toward the blind gnoll and fires a Magic Missle at him. "Mind the shimmering field, guys. Go around it, or you'll be blinded!"

Magic Missle 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8


Primordial Ooze
Padrym Steelribs wrote:
Isn't the leader slowed by being blinded?

Yep. He was roughly 120ft from Dolgrym last round, and only moved 30ft last round (half speed and no run) to make it 150ft at the start of this round.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status
AC 21 HP 28/28 (With Cynara's cure light wounds)
Effects bless, magic weapon
Smite Evil Used 0/1
Lay on Hands Used 3/4

Lay on Hands 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Khepri returns a swing with his scimitar but was looking at the stumbling gnoll wanting to attack it so his attack was nowhere near the mark.

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12


Primordial Ooze

Love still has 1 round worth of actions with the leader at ~150ft distant

The dwarves surround the scarified gnoll who is the sole remaining close foe and put him down with extreme prejudice. Gaelthrin arrives and calls "Chase the bastard down, we'll clean up here." exhorting you to chase down the one that fled.

The distant gnoll stumbles forward again, eyes blinking...
Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
...still unable to return his vision to normal; though close enough to the mine's entrance to pass under the arch and into the start of darkness.

Roughed out distances:
Cynara / Dolgrym / Khepri / Love (prior to any movement) are at 0ft
Feigr / Padrym at 20ft
Leader at 180ft
You've got a round's worth of actions to continue chase or take actions. The field is mildly cluttered, but free and clear enough to run in for now. The leader is at the entrance to the mine itself, while between you and him is some open ground and camp related detritus.
The camp itself is relatively safe in the open, so remaining combat is effectively a choice of chasing or allowing the leader to flee.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love moves to where he can get line-of-bolt on their fleeing fearless leader.

"Catch"
Light crossbow attack on leader. Bless, one range mod, vs flat footed AC -2. 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 10.

"Drat"


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri has no chance to catch him, so he'll focus on getting this one down.


Primordial Ooze

The field is clear, since there was but one gnoll left and a flotilla of dwarven meat arriving - he went down like a chump ;)


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 10 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/10 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"What are we waiting for, lets go finish this. He's blind, and he's been bloodied by my spells already," Dolgrym yells at the others. He takes a double move in the direction of the mine face.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Status
AC 21 HP 28/28 (With Cynara's cure light wounds)
Effects bless, magic weapon (scimitar)
Smite Evil Used 1/1
Lay on Hands Used 3/4

Khepri will drop his scimitar and pull out his bow firing at the gnoll while calling for aid from Sarenrae.

Smite Ranged Attack with Comp. Longbow (Range Penalty) 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 3 - 2 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 13


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara doesn't know exactly where the muscular gnoll is, but she knows which direction she heard him from. She runs that way, trying as best she can to avoid tripping. Moving up 90'; normally she'd get 4x her base movement of 30' running, but I figure that given the terrain she'll sacrifice speed for staying upright.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 8

I was reading it as clear for running, so...
Feigr takes off after the leader as fast as his short legs will carry him. Normally, I've got no shot, but with that help from Dolgrym, just maybe... Full round action to run after the leader if possible, avoiding stones and glitterdust as best possible. Hopefully 80 feet.

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,477 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hunger and Darkness - Reclaiming Tar-Urkatha All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.