Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hunger in the Darkness - Expedition to the Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

A desperate attempt to reclaim the ancestral Dwarvish mine of Tar-Urkatha from the darkness that has engulfed it....


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,477 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Sunds like a consensus then. Where do you think would be the best place for us to hole up for the time being?" the mage asks the group.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

"Not in this valley. They know we are here by now and when they see a larger force moving in they will have to take a swipe at us or their leader will loose face. I say we head down the trail the caravan will be using and see what we can find."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"Oh, well I never knew that."

Per my wife the paleontologist/biologist: They're in their own family, much like bears. Behavior-wise, close to dogs, but not a dog. Evolutionary tree-wise, close to cats, but not a cat. About as close to cats as a mongoose.


Primordial Ooze

Just to be 100%, my understanding is that you'll move to the old trade path that Stonebrow will be coming up, then help to clear it from this end and await him joining you?

I'll put together a fast forward summary post tonight after work on that basis so we can get this back in action :)


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

We're also going to find a defensible campsite outside the valley but near to it, I think.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"I'd rather start after them now, but we can wait. I'd expect our plan will be similar either way. Not interested in a frontal assault in any event. We need to draw them out and do something to limit their mobility. I know they have their problems, but it would seem we know of at least two options other than the hollow right now. The giant's old cave and the cave in the woods."

I'm fine advancing the plot to wherever you're ready.


Primordial Ooze

The party slinks back away from the gnoll infested fortifications, seeing that discretion is the better part of valor... at least for now. Both Feigr and Padrym feel a tangible longing welling up within them as they move further from Tar-Urkatha after having been so close... but they are able to withstand the desire.

Do you set the lizards free? - or seek to bring them with somehow?

Circling the valley back to the trade road that Stonebrow is due to arrive on the party begins the hard work of clearing a passage wide enough to accomodate a bullock drawn wagon. The work is slow, but steady and progress is made towards the South. Keeping a very watchful eye to the North you don't see any sorties from the mountain towards your position... however you do spy some movement between the mine and the Eastern road that leads to where you tracked the Giant. A fear that the gnolls might increase their readiness upon discovering their dead patrol or the expired giant is unfounded and you cannot sense any change.

Nabo is unsuited to the heavy work of clearing the trade road, and takes instead to hunting - managing to supplement your cured meats with rabbit and the occasional goat brought down. He keeps his nose to the ground also, and apart from itinerant animal movement he does not detect any jackalwere or gnoll threats drawing close to you.

Stonebrow sends his silver raven to you after a few days, passing word that the expedition has journeyed the length of the river and is starting North up the trade road. He gauges that it should only be a week or ten-day before he can clasp arms with you and gaze upon Zolurket itself.

The Southern road is reasonably plain, with no significant hollows, cutbacks or cave structures within close proximity to where it spills into the valley. At a guess you'd think that a decently defensible position could be set up about an hours travel down the road as it meanders. The spot has good sightlines to both the valley entrance and to the South, and is hidden from direct sight of the mine by the mountains.

The time has come to choose where to focus your efforts and prepare for Stonebrow's wagon train...

Definitive vote on 'fort' position required:
1) Forest cave (Decent supply, still hidden from the mine - though forest cuts down on sightlines)
2) Giant's hollow (isolated from the trade road, though defensible)
3) Defensible spot on the South Road (Ease of supply to the river, though a little distant from the mine)
4) Other?


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Looks to me like our best spot is here on the South Road. It's a little further away than would be perfect, but we can see anything coming and going...it'd be really hard for us to be ambushed," the mage pipes up, looking around to see what the rest of the group preferred.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

After getting here and clearing the road, I think Cynara's got some very good in-game justification for taking a point of CON when she reaches 4th level. WRT the campsite, I vote for 3. The forest cave is too small (not to mention the sanitation issue), and the giant's hollow is too far from the trade road. The giant's cave is even worse, as far as distance goes, and it also is too close to the gnoll patrols for comfort.

At some point during the road clearance and camp setup, Cynara will bless the two unholy symbols from the gnoll leader and the priestess and smash them (or otherwise destroy them in the best way possible). (If Feigr and Dolgrym would like to assist she'll certainly give them the option.) She'll save the silver metal from the leader's symbol, though.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

3 here as well.

"Best we go slow, if we were human, no offense Khepri, we'd need to rush in but a few days here or there isn't really going to matter right now. Better we camp somewhere safe and do this right."


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

3 is my choice as well

"No offense taken. To be true I am having a hard time not rushing in there to defeat those gnolls. That is my heart and not my head talking. I'm anxious to get you all to those mines but know that is a long road ahead of us."

Khepri's good mood lessens for a moment and continues on with the work needed to clear the roads.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

I'm good with 3 also

"The gnolls are just an obstacle. Worse awaits us in the mines. I'm in agreement with setting up camp down the road while we wait for the caravan."

Feigr will help Cynara with destroying the holy symbols.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"Before we leave the valley, best we free the lizards. Keeping them fed would be too much of a challenge, to no discernible benefit. And maybe they'll eat a gnoll or two while they're running about."


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

3 seems to be the best choice.
"Yes, let them go. They are too young to cause much trouble."


Primordial Ooze

The party settles upon setting a temporary camp upon the Southern trade road where it will be hidden from the mount while still providing for a defensible position. Ground is leveled and cleared, some of the supplies from the camels put to use with dead lumber from the road and a few felled trees from the valley. A hitching post is put up to help with tethering the camel and other improvements made. The tents within the camelbags are pitched more permanently and stores are made more permanent.

Other improvements to the site such as fences and the like - please state in your next post.
The site has your back to steep and rough ground - plus two main alleys of approach (from the NW towards the valley and SSW from the trade road).

After a tenday Stonebrow is true to his word and you see his wagons in the distance making their way slowly up the trade road. From this distance you can't get much more out of it than a count - but it looks like all of the wagons are still present and accounted for. It will still take a couple of days for them to clear ground enough to greet you, but you see a trio of figures set out from the wagons and start to make their way towards you more quickly on foot.


Primordial Ooze

Forgot this

Before leaving the Giant's hollow, the party opens the pens that hold the lizards so that they might move away. They make no initial move to flee... but after some cajoling they bolt from the pens and out of the hollow - fleeing Eastwards and up the slope into the higher altitudes. Their feet nimbly flitting across the stones.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"I defer to you dwarves in the matter of stonework. Should we dig a couple of lines of trenches across the access to the camp, with ways through them for the wagons?"


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"Aye, trenches and spikes if we've the time. Latrine pits down slope and away from camp with a cleared path to and from. All tents facing a middle row with a trench and spikes around them as well if we've time. We'll leave spaces here and here to park the wagons as defense and an area to the rear for camp supplies and medical area. We'll need a path to a lookout location with a clear view to the mine and the road."

Padrym comes alive as the camp is built, his dwarven mind for fortifications fired by the thought of building a base for forays into the soon to be renamed Zolurket.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara smiles as Padrym plans. Who better than a dwarven soldier to set up a military camp?


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Other improvements to the site such as fences and the like - please state in your next post.

The site has your back to steep and rough ground - plus two main alleys of approach (from the NW towards the valley and SSW from the trade road).

Are we at the top of this steep rough ground or at the bottom of it? In other words are we overlooked or overlooking?

"Well looks like they survived. Pity we don't have better news for them."


Primordial Ooze

At the base of the steep and rough (ie. at the foot of a steepish hillside).

During the time spent waiting, Padrym directs the merry few at work fortifying the location. Work is well underway when the caravan arrives - but there is still more than enough earth for the newly arrived dwarves to move themselves.

The advance party from the caravan draws close and you see that it is Sangvit, Gaelthrin and another oldish dwarf who looks like he knows how to use the axe at his belt. They are road dirty, but unbowed and unbloodied. As Stonebrow-Slagsun walks towards you, he raises a hand in greeting "Hail to the scouts, I see you've started on our temporary home." before his eyes pass to the North "What state the ground afore the mine itself?"


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

The tall elf bows in response and keeps silent at first, waiting for one of the dwarves to answer. As no one else speaks, she reconsiders. Ah, well. He doesn't think much of me anyway, so I'll be the bearer of bad tidings. "We were unable to get close enough to the fortifications to tell much; there is a substantial force of gnolls camped around and in the ruins. I'll leave it to others to give details, as I was unable to see for myself. Rather than attempt to remove them by force we elected to wait for your arrival. We believed the consequences of failure to be too great. There's also a small cave on this side of the valley with a few crates of potables in it, which we mostly left in place for the caravan." She smiles slightly. "After some...quality tests.

"We've been unmolested here so far. There were more signs of gnoll activity to the east of the valley; we ambushed a small war band there, and only a few of their hyenas escaped. We also encountered and dispatched a young cave giant who had an unusual relic from the mine, which Feigr can tell you more about.

"Oh, and this is Nabo, the only survivor of the massacre of his village by a ghul. He chose to come with us, and has been invaluable in our journey. Please treat him well."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Padrym nods grimly at Cynara's assessment.

"She speaks true. We have accomplished much but still have much to do. The account is accurate, as for the camp Love got the closest look, but it appears a large group of gnolls has camped in front of and into the mine itself. There is a copse of woods we can use to get closer for an assault, but we felt it best to clear a preparation area here for the arrival of your wagons."


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Aye. The cave giant had the skull of one of our brothers fallen long ago. A soldier from the look of his helmet. I set him free to Magrim's forge, but before he left, he told of a blackness that rose from the depths. He was part of a force that held the Fivefold Crossing, before ghouls overran them. Before he left, he warned of "the ton...", but he left before finishing the thought." Feigr pulls out the helmet and shows it to Sangvit. "Here it is. Our fallen brother's soul is now at the forge, ready to be remade into our next youngling."


Primordial Ooze

Stonebrow listens to your words with reverence, especially when talk turns to the fallen soldier. Motioning to Gaelthrin, she moves forward to take the helmet from Feigr with care and somber faced feeling. "We shall release them all Soul Guide... in time. All of our brothers will be released to the boneyard where they belong."

Looking around the site you've prepared thus far he nods approval "I would have liked to see the mountain, but know the wisdom of staying hidden."

At the mention of the liquor cave, he smiles and Gaelthrin also gives a half-smile from her fractured face "Best we keep that from the wagon for a while... we'd not want the harvest to be squandered in one night, nei?"

Of Nabo, Sangvit sets him with a elder's gaze of assessment "Come forward little one where I can see ye." and Nabo slinks forward after looking to you for approval to do so. Sangvit crouches before him talking directly and with steady warmth "If you have given these stout folk good service, I have no quarrel with it continuing... though we'll need see you outfitted as befits a son of earth." The other dwarf with Sangvit takes a step forward as though to protest, but Stonebrow stops him with a raised hand. Stonebrow turns to Gaelthrin charging her "See to it lass, I'll talk with the others so they know their place."

"Tonight we will see our wagon to here and share a meal... tomorrow I'll go forward with you so that my eyes can see what yours have... then we will talk of war" His face is grim, though you can see a steely nature to his eyes and his resolve is as tangible as ever.

The rest of the day is spent assisting the wagons to make their way to the base camp, and setting tents to see the remainder of the dwarves a place to rest. Watch schedules, rules of order and such are glossed over - it would appear that the journey along the river has allowed them to settle into a routine. Nabo is greeted warily by many, though all here have cast off enough of their old lives to accept much in their new one... time will tell, but there are no drawn blades and threats yet.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"Master Stonebrow, are any of the caravan dwarves in need of healing?"


Primordial Ooze

Sangvit shakes his head at the offer of healing "Your offer is heard, but we've no more than a few scrapes and bruises. They are easily borne."


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love looks at the hill behind the camp. "So Mister Stonebrow, how long do you expect us to be in this camp?"
"I don't like having that hill behind us. Too easy to sneak close to the camp, or hell roll down a couple of flaming barels and walk in the front door during the chaos."

Love rubs at his beard as he considers the hill.


Primordial Ooze

To be fair to the hill, it would be difficult to come at you from that direction. More the front slope of a larger hillish - mountainish type agglomeration of earth.

Sangvit sets his old eyes to the slope and runs a hand over his still clean shaven jaw. "Aye, though we could use it against them also." pointing to a few spots on the flanks and above "Set up some loose stone to be disturbed and we'd have knowledge of their coming... though you are right we should be wary. Though if we have my way, we'll only be here a few weeks before we can move unto the mountain proper and begin to remake our heritage."


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Aye, I'm anxious to get into the mountain. Perhaps with you here, we'll find another idea on how to approach the main entrance or an alternative way in."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
"Though if we have my way, we'll only be here a few weeks before we can move unto the mountain proper and begin to remake our heritage."

I fear it won't be that easy. "Master Stonebrow, we still don't know all the players on this board. Feigr spoke to the cave giant after we slew it, and it told us it had been driven from its cave by--how did it put this? Two short men with dogs, not stumpy, not dog head. It called Feigr stumpy, and the dog head part sounds more like the gnolls. When we followed its trail back to its cave, we found a lot of lizards killed with swords, and elf-sized bootprints in the cave along with the giant's bare footprints. All the gnolls we saw went barefoot as well, so there's someone else out there--someone strong enough that a pair of them could drive off a cave giant. Something else for you to think about."


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"Perhaps the best way to approach the situation is to take Master Stonebrow to the site and simply show him. His tactics might provide an option we have yet to consider. "


Primordial Ooze

Stonebrow and Gaelthin both accept Cynara's words with a wary air... though there is little that would dissuade them from their goal now that they are close.

The night passes with more noise than you are used to, as the cacophonous snores of a troop of dwarves at rest helps to drown out any other noise being made within the mountain path. Nevertheless the dawn does come, and with it new hope. Gaelthrin puts the dwarves to work at finishing the fortifications that you have started, while she and Stonebrow prepare to come with you to take their first look upon the mine.

The walk through to the turn in the path is carried out in silence, though emotions cannot be held back once they get a clear line of sight upon their goal. Sangvit's face remains relatively stoic, though tears begin to slide down his cheeks. Gaelthrin looks upon the mount with a more dour and grim disposition, seeing the work that lies ahead rather than the goal in this instant.

As you stand at the threshold, you point out what can be seen of the features of note in the valley - the forest cave, the giant's hollow and the encampment of gnolls among the fortifications (although it cannot be made out distinct from this distance). Sangvit nods and queries as you got through the lay of the land, insightful - yet driving in his words. Once all has been seen and talked over, he bids you return to the encampment.

Under the shade of a tarpaulin that has been cast up and sitting around a large table made from the floor of one of the wagons that has now been re-purposed, Gaelthrin spreads out a large parchment. With your guidance and little else, she sketches out a map of the hollow as it lies today - complete with the features that have been found. It is a good reproduction and once complete, Sangvit stands to gaze down upon it.

Speaking to equals "Brothers and sisters both, we have seen the first of many that we must destroy if we are to reclaim our homeland. The gnoll are many, but they are not dwarves. I would prefer that we not strike them when they lie behind stone... we must find a means to lure them from their holes so that they may be more easily squashed. We all are here as equals, and no voice is heard louder than any other." before he grows silent and awaits any suggestions of the floor...


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Padrym nods, his thoughts heavy now that the true task is upon them. He is silent on the march to and from the encampment, and listens as Sangvit speaks.

"Our earlier thought was to ambush some patrols and draw them out after us. All we lacked was the force to ambush them in strength."


Primordial Ooze

"And to which way had ye thought to lead them? - I'd be preferring to keep our base here a mystery for as long as we can in case we have extended need of it."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara has taken out her magnifying glass to study the map, then sat back down and started knitting. "You said they weren't dwarves, but I daresay even gnolls can see that one always prefers to catch an enemy between hammer and anvil. I suggest we give them that opportunity.

"We know that there are gnolls to the east of the valley, and the band we ambushed may have been traveling from Tar-Urkatha to the east. The gnolls to the east are the anvil. I do not believe that the camp around the mine entrance is visible from the southern part of the valley during the day, so the hammer might think itself hidden. My thought is that we surreptitiously put a small band into the giant's hollow under cover of darkness--it's true that gnolls see in the dark, but their distance vision is not great. Then we have a wagon or two cross the southern end of the valley during the day, moving slowly--a tempting bait to dangle before the watchers on the heights. The wagon breaks down near the southeast corner of the valley. True, there are guards around it, so they would have to emerge in force, but where will the wagons run to? If they're driven off, they'll run into more gnolls.

"Then, when the gnolls have sent attackers to take the wagons, the wagons' cargo is revealed: more dwarves, armed and ready to fight. If the gnolls press the attack, the force in the hollow is there as a reserve, or to take any who try to flee back to their camp.

"The downside is that it is complicated, depends on the gnolls acting a certain way, and puts a substantial portion of us at risk, with little way out if there are more gnolls in the mine than we think, or if more happen to be on the way from the east. Even if it works, we can't use it more than once, so we would have to follow up with an immediate attack while they're weakened. The upside is that we could wipe out a great deal of their force.

"The other option, which I mention only for completeness, is that we blockade them. It's sure that they aren't getting food from inside the mine; if we can make sure that no food gets to them from outside, we can starve them out. That would take too long, though, and there are likely enough of them that our best hope is to defeat them in detail."


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri hears the plans being talked about and says, "Gnolls are a cowardly lot so they like to attack in numbers favoring them, but I think they will make an attempt on the wagons. I like the plan to lure them out, but we need to make sure they want to commit enough gnolls that we can take the fortress right after.

Dwarves hidden in the wagons, traps set up ahead of time around where we "break down", and maybe some in reserve to stop them fleeing. We could also strike while they are out, though I would fear for the dwarves at the ambush site without having our full strength there.

I have spent most of my adult life with dwarves preparing for this moment, so I will respect any decision they think best on defeating these gnolls and reclaiming at least the entrance to the mines."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"Perhaps a patrol ambush, then the wagon plan? If we kill a few patrols they're sure to be agitated, and they'll go after the wagon with force. I'll volunteer to be inside the wagon."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"But if they're already weakened, will they commit to chasing a wagon, or stay in their camp and lick their wounds? Too, even gnolls may realize that a broken-down wagon is suspicious after one or two patrols have disappeared. There is a fine line between 'convenient' and 'too good to be true,' and we'll need to stay on the right side of it."


Primordial Ooze

Sangvit nods sagely "I'm with the elf on this, our first strike should be our hardest to try and break them giving no chance for them to regroup or respond. Baiting with the wagons will be risky, but give us a good chance to draw out a sizable number.... we must just hope that the number is not too high."

"Starving them out might be possible, but we've no way of kenning if they have dark priestesses that could conjure food to sustain them."

Gaelthrin adds "If we did bait them... would you see your part as the hammer or the anvil?"


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"I like this plan, but I am worried that we'll only draw out a small patrol with a wagon. How do we make this alluring enough to the gnolls to get them to commit a larger group? Perhaps together, we can think of a way to lure a larger group to a wagon. Otherwise, I prefer to ambush a patrol and set a trap for the larger force they would send in response. Perhaps a small group with a poorly disguised trail to lead them into a good ambush location."


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

"Well if we can even pull a dozen out I would like the odds better. The wagon idea is good assuming we don't get trapped inside. Have to be prepared to lose the wagons and the animals though."


Dwarf Transmuter 4 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 33/33 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"I think I am a fan of the wagon ruse as well. If we take a day to prepare, I would be much more useful with preparing spells to take the legs out of the gnolls as they approach."


Primordial Ooze

Gaelthrin gives a grunt at Dolgrym's words "Take their legs as they flee Dolgrym, we want them in close." patting the weapon at her side. "We could always draw out a patrol to butcher then set their corpses as effigies..." clear that she would prefer direct and forthright action.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Needles clicking, the elf smiles slightly at that without looking up. "We might not even have to do that much. If we ambush a patrol or two and a few get away, they report that there are dwarves in the area. Then when a wagon or two tended by dwarves shows up on their doorstep, they see an opportunity for revenge, whether or not we've put bodies on display."


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"All right. That sounds like a plan. Ambush, then get the wagons ready to go."


Primordial Ooze

Gaelthrin turns to Sangvit and he gives a nod of acceptance before she adds "Do you want our arms at your side when you go fishing?"

If I can get an indication of where you'd lay up to wait, and whether you take some of the dwarfs with?
Options:
1) Edge of the forest in the West
2) The strip of brush in the NE that gets you near to the fort
3) Open ground in the middle
4) Giant's Hollow and looking for ones travelling between the mine and the Gnoll Camp to the East?
5) ?


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"I would prefer to avoid the Giant's Hollow, since that's where we'd have our reserves for the last step."

DM--could you post a link to the valley map on the campaign page?


Primordial Ooze

Linked
Also added to campaign page - the copse of trees mentioned in 2 runs long the top edge of the area


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

"I think the we need to get as close to the fort as possible. One, it may drag out a few more since they would feel more comfortable committing more doing a hit and run. Second, once the fight ends we can take the fight to the fort as quickly as possible. Hit them hard and hit them fast."

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,477 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hunger and Darkness - Reclaiming Tar-Urkatha All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.