Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hunger in the Darkness - Expedition to the Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

A desperate attempt to reclaim the ancestral Dwarvish mine of Tar-Urkatha from the darkness that has engulfed it....


851 to 900 of 2,477 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Forgot the +1 from Bless and missed my update by 8 minutes (not that I think a 12 hits but they ran so who knows).


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

As the gnolls close in on him he draws his scimitar and makes a lunging swing trying to hit both gnolls.

First attack at gnoll at E8
Attack with Scimitar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Cleave to gnoll at E9 if first attack hit

Attack with Scimitar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Current Status:

HP 28/28
AC 20 (22 vs evil)
Effects protection from evil, bless
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [0]


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 2

Feigr holds his ground, growling as the gnolls come on. He swings his axe, whistling at the gnoll immediately facing him H10, breathing to his ancestors, "Lend me your strength now to strike our ancient desert foes."

Power Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 24/24 (+3 temporary)
Spd 20 ft.
Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6+1+1 (1d10+3/20/x3) [Bless, Gnolls]
1st level spells 4/6 remain
Status Effects Bless, Shield of Faith


Primordial Ooze

Feigr steps into the gnoll that rushes forward to meet him, axe rising to bisect the beast at the midriff. It falls clutching at it's liberated guts.

Cynara attempts to aid Khepri, but is unable to accurately judge the weaving melee. Khepri's own scything blow glances off armor and fails to harm his enemy.

The priestess and armored gnoll hustle to move up behind the second line of attackers, stopping some fifty feet away from the party.

Padrym misjudges the gnoll rushing him and is a little slow in his swing, Magatha's haft getting fouled as the gnoll bustles into contact.

Dolgrym's incantation takes hold...
Will Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
...and he sees the attacking gnoll's eyes widen with fear as their enemy near doubles in number.

Initiative Tracker (Round 2): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Priestess + Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Gnoll - H,10 - departed to the boneyard

Just Love to come before I move onto Round 3.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 2

Would like to start in G,13 please

Whistling a simple dance tune under his breath Love steps up behind Fegir while reaching into the side pocket of his pack.

Move action: retrieve Caltrops from Handy Haversack. 5' step to H,12

Love removes a bulky sack from his pack and opening it scatters caltrops over the hard dry earth.

standard action scatter caltrops in I-12


Primordial Ooze

Lowfield spreads the four toed spiked gifts before him and braces for the approach of the hyena.

The two gnolls attacking Khepri are joined by a third as their spears probe for an opening in the holy warrior's defence...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
...though they are unsuccessful.

The gnoll attacking Padrym feints to the left before lunging forward...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
...but an unbalanced strike meets only the dirt before the blade-bonded dwarf.

Seeing their pack-mate killed by the hooded dwarf, Feigr is beset by two of the gnolls who charge headlong at the oracle...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
...and as he leans aside from one of the attacks the second gnolls spear worms it's way through his defenses and pierces flesh.

Their fear of the leader and priestess following outweighs their concern at the multiple Dolgryms that stand opposing them, and two gnolls launch themselves into the fray...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 1 is the real Dolgrym: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
...a spear working through the multiple defenses offered and drawing blood from the mage himself.

The last gnoll, seeing no opening in the line of combat, circles around to the side of the melee.

On the right, two of the hyena charge at Love - their jaws slavering and snapping...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Caltrop: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
...though one moves into the field of caltrops and it's paw is punched through. Stopping in it's tracks the hyena yips in pain as it holds one leg off the ground. The second hyena does not manage to mark Love's hide with its teeth.

The other two hyena circle around the back of the group. One lopes to support the gnolls fighting the multiple man, while the other launches at the milky eyed elf... Please take AoO in your action.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and Trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Initiative Tracker (Round 3): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Priestess + Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1

Round 3 Map - post Gnolls


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri once again attempts to swing into the gnolls in front of him, this time not going for as much finesse and swing more powerfully.

First Swing at D9:

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Confirm critical with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 (Extra +2 Fire Damage)

Second Attack at E9:

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

if first gnoll is dead will 5' step to F10

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 20 (22 vs evil)
Effects protection from evil, bless
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [0]


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 3

A wicked grin crosses Feigr's face as he opens the gnoll's guts. He sees Love scatter the caltrops in the corner of his eye and grunts, "Nice Love, thanks for watching my back."

As the gnoll pierces him, Feigr yells, "Yeeeeah! Get off our land! You bastards don't stand a chance! We've beaten you in these mountains time and again. This is for all those that died in Solku at the Battle of Red Hail. You can fertilize this land while we bring the dwarves back!"

He sweeps the axe back in another brutal blow, this time attacking one of the gnolls that has advanced on him. I10

Power Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

Status:

AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, +2 deflection)
hp 17/24 (0 temporary)
Spd 20 ft.
Masterwork Waraxe, Dwarven +6+1+1 (1d10+3/20/x3) [Bless, Gnolls]
1st level spells 4/6 remain
Status Effects Bless, Shield of Faith


Primordial Ooze

The sweaty and mangy smell of the gnolls fills your nostrils as they press the attack. Feigr lashes out with anger fuelled by the strength of his ancestors and opens his opposite's neck with a well aimed mauling hack. The gnoll goes down gurgling as it tries to breathe.

Inspired by the sharp metallic tang of blood now heady in the air, Khepri whirls around and whips his scimitar across the torso of two of the gnolls facing him. Cutting through their armor with ease, greivous wounds open up on both of the foes chests. The first struck drew the brunt of the strike and goes down yowling in pain.

Initiative Tracker (Round 3): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Priestess + Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1
Gnoll - I,10 - dead
Gnoll - D,9 - dead
Gnoll - E,9 - 9


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

Dolgrym attacks the closest gnoll, swinging his battle axe wildly.

Attack. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Ac 14
20/26 HP
Bless
Mirror image


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 3:

Status:

HP: 16/21 AC: 18 Conditions: bless, protection from evil, prone @ start of action

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 4/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 1/50

As the hyena closes with her, Cynara stabs at it with her spear but isn't able to get it around in time, and the mangy beast bowls her over. She leaves her spear behind and draws her rapier as she rolls to her feet (2 free actions + move action, drawing an AoO from the hyena) and attempts to run it through.

AoO with spear: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13

Rapier attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24

Confirm crit on rapier attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Damage with rapier: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Taking advantage of the wounded cat to foul the attack of the second Love slips around the caltroped area, a dagger now visible in his left hand.Acrobatics to move through threatened area to J,131d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
If acrobatics successful. Attack with Dagger Heyena in I,12. Attack, flank, bless: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9. Damage 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 2) = 8 rats.

If acrobatics unsuccessful. Then same attack w/o flank


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 2

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15 (20/12/19 w/ Shield)
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bless, Shield

If the gnoll chief gets into axe range I'll swing at him, otherwise it'll be the gnoll in G10.

Padrym swings again at the closest opponent.

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Bless
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Primordial Ooze

Love dances his way around the hyena, but his strike is wild and misses.

Cynara is unable to bring her spear to bear upon the hyena which takes advantage by latching onto her arm and bringing her down to the ground. As she stands it lashes out...
AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
...barely missing her but overextending and offering a fine target for Cynara to sink her rapier in deeply.

The gnoll's leader comes forward and is screaming at his men

Gnoll:
"Keep fighting you maggots, or I'll kill you myself."
seemingly attempting to keep their morale up even as their kin are slain around them.

The priestess bares her teeth at the sign of the faithful of the Sun Goddess and weaves her hands in incantation...
Casts Hold Person on Khepri - DC 15 Will save or Paralyzed

The Dolgrym's all strike out at their attackers with their axes, though all five of them miss. Padrym has much better luck, Magatha drinking deep in the chest of an unlucky gnoll that breathes it's last before collapsing as though a ragdoll.

Will update map and gnolls / hyena when result of Khepri's save is known.

Initiative Tracker (Round 4): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Priestess + Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1
Hyena - F,13 - 5
Gnoll - G,10 - dead
Gnoll - I,10 - dead
Gnoll - D,9 - dead
Gnoll - E,9 - 9


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28

Will save

Khepri 's joints start to freeze up, but he refuses to give in to any gnoll


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

I'm going to go ahead and post since I don't think I'll have time again until late tomorrow night. If this isn't possible based on the gnolls actions, I'll update as soon as I can.

Round 4

Feigr's grin grows wider as another gnoll goes down and Padrym takes one down right next to him. He grits his teeth and swings at another gnoll. I10 if any move into that spot. H10 otherwise.

Power Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Same status as Round 3 minus any loss of hp.


Primordial Ooze

The two remaining gnolls on Khepri press their attack...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
...and the point of one spear slides through the paladin's armor digging across his hip.

Feigr is charged by a gnoll who stands astride his fallen companion...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
...but is unable to make contact.

Splattered with the blood of it's kin, the gnoll before Padrym attempts to attack...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
...but is wary of the blackened blade wielded in anger and the thrust is wide.

The two gnolls facing Dolgrym press the battle to the multiplied mage...
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 target: 1d5 ⇒ 1
Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 target: 1d5 ⇒ 5 - 3 images left
...one surprised as the image disappears as a spear pierces it, while the second is lucky enough to draw blood from the mage once more - yipping with elation.

Smelling the wounds gradually opening on the portly dwarf...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 target: 1d4 ⇒ 3 - 2 images left
...teeth biting through what turns out to be but air as another image disappears.

Slavering jaws lunge at Feigr...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
...but miss as the dwarf adjusts his position.

The hyena injured by the caltrop turns to face Love...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
...teeth finding purchase on his hip and bearing him to the ground.

Bleeding from the rapier strike, the hyena on Cynara attacks again...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
...but the elven maiden weaves away from it's maw.

Feigr's axe scythes outwards once more and sends another gnoll to the boneyard, this one with a crushed pelvis.

Initiative Tracker (Round 4): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Priestess + Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1
Hyena - F,13 - 5
Gnoll - E,9 - 9

Updated Map - Top of Round 4 after Gnolls and Hyena


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

DM, I am having trouble accessing the map. I'll move 5' closer to the next closest party member, if I can do that without drawing an AoO

"Could use a little help," Dolgrym mutters, shaking off his various wounds and seeing his magical defenses being quickly penetrated. He swing his axe at one of the gnolls.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ac 14
HP 11/26
Bless
Mirror image


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 4

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15 (20/12/19 w/ Shield)
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bless, Shield

Padrym moves back to assist Cynara.

"Feigr I'll move to support the others."

5' step to F12. Swift action to use 1 point of Arcana for Strike (+1 to hit and damage). Standard to attempt hyena smackdown.
Magatha Two Handed Power Attack Bless Strike
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 16/21 AC: 19 Conditions: bless, protection from evil

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 4/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 1/50

Seeing that Dolgrym is hard pressed, Cynara readies her buckler and redoubles her assault on the hyena facing her. With a casual extension, her slender blade pierces the creature again.

Rapier attack on hyena at F-13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri successfully shrugs off the spell from the priestess, but it slowed him down for a brief second which was all the gnoll needed to find a vulnerable spot and hit him. Seeing the leader advance, Khepri tries to kill the two foes in front him immediately to focus on him and the priestess.

Cleave Starting with E9
Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Next Gnoll at F9
Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As a swift action, Khepri chooses to smite the gnoll leader. Pointing at the Gnoll leader Khepri yells, "You are about to feel the full power of the Everlight!"

Current Status:

HP 22/28
AC 22 (24 vs evil) (25 vs Gnoll Leader)
Effects protection from evil, bless
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [1]


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Voice? Did the Kitty attacking me take more caltrop damage this turn? The beastie is fighting from a caltrop covered space.

move action stand while fighting defensively provoking aoo current ac 19 cmd 21. Dagger attack on cat in I,12: flank, bless, defensive 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 3rats.

Love struggles to his feet attempting to fend off the large cat.


Primordial Ooze

Caltrop: 1d20 ⇒ 5 Forgot it before - thanks for reminder

Cynara lashes out and scores another wound on the hyena facing her. It is bleeding badly, but still standing.

Love gets back to his feet...
AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
...barely avoiding the snapping jaws and in turn unable to make his blade score that of the hyena.

Khepri's blade sings as it cuts deep wounds through the two enemies before him. One collapses under the weight of it's bloodloss.

The gnollish leader chances a glance backwards at the priestess before whimpering as it moves forward to engage, thrusting forward two handed with his blackened spear...
Leader: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
...Khepri barely able to avoid it's point.

The Priestess keeps her distance... clearly feeling the mounting casualties.

Padrym and Dolgrym move before attempting to strike, and both blades are wide of their targets.

Initiative Tracker (Round 5): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym
Priestess is currently delaying action - I'll slot her in where appropriate.

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1
Hyena - F,13 - 8
Gnoll - E,9 - dead
Gnoll - F,9 - 10

Will update for the gnolls and hyena including map shortly.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 5

Feigr growls again as he mows down another gnoll. He braces himself for another blow with his axe, attacking the gnoll that Padrym has stepped away from. H10. If he moves, I'll rework my action after the gnolls and hyenas go.

Power Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


Primordial Ooze

Bouyed by the sight of the leader at his side, the surviving gnoll facing Khepri lashes out...
Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
...though lacks form in it's exuberance.

Feigr is assaulted by the gnoll and hyena facing him...
Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
...though remains stout and resolute.

The bloodied hyena facing Cynara snaps...
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
...with tiring jaws too close to the ground and easily dodged.

Seeing it's prey standing again, the hyena amidst the caltrops lunges forward...
Caltrop: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
...though Love dances aside.

Smelling the fear and blood on the dwarf mage's skin, the creatures attacking him work in concert...
Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Target 1d3 ⇒ 2 - 1 image left
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
...though are left disappointed when their one accurate attack results in only pierced illusion.

The party can sense that the tide of battle is solidly turning their way. Apart from the gnolls attacking Dolgrym, the rest are dispirited by the ease at which their kin have been ended.

Feigr's blade obviously enjoy's the taste of gnolls as it cuts deep into another's flesh... though the beast stays standing.

Initiative Tracker (Round 5): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym
Priestess is currently delaying action - I'll slot her in where appropriate.

Damage Tracker:
Gnoll Leader - 20
Priestess - 8
Hyena - I,12 - 1
Hyena - F,13 - 8
Gnoll - F,9 - 10
Gnoll - H,10 - 6

Updated Map for top of Round 5


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 5

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15 (20/12/19 w/ Shield)
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = Magatha
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 2/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Bless, Shield

Padrym attempts to clear the hyena off Cynara.

Attack hyena at F13
Magatha Two Handed Power Attack Bless Strike
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Crit confirm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 92d10 + 18 ⇒ (2, 4) + 18 = 24

If it lives I'll 5' step to E13, otherwise I will move to D12 via E11.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

Dolgrym again attempts to inch closer to his group, moving 5' closer to his nearest ally. He swings his axe at the same gnoll he hasnt been able to strike yet.

Attacj1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ac14 HP 11/26


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 5:

Status:

HP: 16/21 AC: 17/19 vs. evil opponents Conditions: bless, protection from evil

Expendables used:

L1 spells: 4/6 Channel energy: 0/6 CLW wand: 1/50

Unfortunately, Cynara acts before Padrym, so she doesn't know the dwarf is likely going to take down the hyena facing her.

DM:
It occurred to me that Cynara probably should have taken another bite; the AC I have posted for her includes the protection from evil, and the hyena is an animal. Your call how you want to handle it.

Cynara spares a moment to glance in Dolgrym's direction before returning her attention to the hyena currently trying to savage her with its jaws. "Padrym, help Dolgrym! He needs it more than I do!" Her distraction gives the beast the edge it needs to evade her strike, however.

Rapier attack on hyena at F-13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Primordial Ooze

Padrym can re-direct the strike and keep the rolls if he so desires.

Cynara:
Yeah you'd be right - but I missed it and too much hassle to re-jig it back in. Take a walk on this at bat :)

Initiative Tracker (Round 5): Gnolls + Hyena, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Khepri, Leader, Padrym, Dolgrym
Priestess is currently delaying action - I'll slot her in where appropriate.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Ideally I'd like to drop the hyena on Cynara and move to tie up the two gnolls on Dolgrym. That'll allow them both to withdraw and support the others. Since she missed and I (hopefully) killed it, I'd like to keep my action as is.

"You and Dolrym support the others, I'll tie these two down."


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Khepri's divine protection protects him from the gnoll leader's attack. Khepri quickly returns an attack following through on the gnoll next to him.

Attack Gnoll Leader at E9

Power Attack with mw Scimitar+Smite 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 29
Damage 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24
Extra Critical Damage 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 2 = 11 (+2 For Fire Damage)

Follow through on gnoll at F9

Power Attack with mw Scimitar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Khepri yells to the priestess, "Behold Sarenrae's power!"

Status:

HP 22/28
AC 22 (24 vs evil) (25 vs Gnoll Leader)
Effects protection from evil, bless
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [1]


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 5

"Here kitty kitty...."
Love and the big cat continue to dart at each other. It would look playful except for the blood.

Dagger attack on cat in I,12: bless, flank 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 25! Confirm? 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19!! Damage 1d4 + 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (4) + (4, 6) = 18.


Primordial Ooze

Blood hangs thick in the air as the sickly sweet smell of opened stomachs begins to emit from the dead. Khepri's blade flashes with flame as it cleaves the leader from neck to navel. Magatha ends the hyena beside Cynara by cleanly bisecting it's spine; and Love puts a carefully aimed dagger behind his target's skull needling downwards and severing the jugular.

That would be 3 from 3 for crits ;)

Cynara and Dolgrym have less luck, but the brutal efficacy that the party has shown in the last few seconds puts paid to any courage the gnolls had remaining and they turn to lope away tails between their legs as they scramble on all fours. The hyena follow their master's lead and also flee.

AoOs granted to Dolgrym, Feigr, and Khepri

The priestess' face pales seeing the leader and most of the gnoll in her charge dead. Taking a moment to spit at Khepri and taunt in Gnoll "Die Augen der Mutter wird dich finden!"

Gnoll:
"The eyes of the mother will find you!"

The gnoll priestess then starts to flee herself.

The gnolls and priestess will be ~60ft away (remaining hyenas about 80ft) at your next action.
Do you take aim or run to follow?


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

Dolgrym takes one wild swing as the gnolls follow their priestess and retreat.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Primordial Ooze

Dolgrym wings a retreating gnoll with a glancing blow.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"We'll need to run them down, no sense driving them off if they come back."

Padrym looks for any further foes to hew before making his way to his fallen bow.

2 rounds to get to my shortbow and equip it, 3rd round to cast True Strike, 4th round to shoot the Priestess if she's even in sight is more time than I think we have.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Seeing the gnoll turn and begin to run and knowing he almost has it, Feigr swings his axe for a last blow.
Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"I agree with you Padrym, but I fear they are quicker than we. Perhaps we can track them back to where they retreat."


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0
Feigr Roarrgun wrote:

Seeing the gnoll turn and begin to run and knowing he almost has it, Feigr swings his axe for a last blow.

Attack 1d20+6+1+1
Damage 1d10+3

"I agree with you Padrym, but I fear they are quicker than we. Perhaps we can track them back to where they retreat."

Knowing the fleeing gnoll was wounded, Khepri swings more carefully

Not using Power Attack to increase chance of hitting

Attack with Scimitar 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 14
Additional Critical Damage 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 (+2 Fire)

Current Status:

HP 22/28
AC 24 (26 vs evil)
Effects protection from evil, bless
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [1]

Khepri agrees with Feigr, "We took some wounds and they have a head start. I would like for them not to report back, but I cannot keep up with them for long."

Khepri will retrieve his longbow.


Primordial Ooze

Khepri is able to open the fleeing gnoll's hamstring and it drops to the ground scrabbling forward for a few moments before a second cut ends it's misery. Feigr's strike is wide of his target.

For clarity - the plan is to move after the fleeing gnoll and hyena?
Do you search the bodies first, or make to follow immediately?
Lastly, do you call for the camel and Nabo before moving off?


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"We should search these bodies for clues to their home. Call up Nabo and the camels, we can't catch them now, we will hunt them slowly, as dwarves do."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

(Posting from phone, so no bolding.)

Cynara asks, "Which ear did the hunters out of Solku take for a trophy? We should do likewise, so anyone coming on the bodies will think we're only a hunting party. And search their camp, too."


Primordial Ooze

Searching the dead bodies of seven gnoll you find them equipped with reasonable similarity. Studded armor made of leather, spears and shields with their other possessions ranging from dried meats to a few shiny baubles. The chain armor worn by the leader is of better quality as is his spear. Beneath his clothing is also a silver holy symbol of Lamashtu, and his pouch holds a few gems and coin. Each of the fallen gnoll has a burnt patch in the fur under their right armpit - as though they were branded.

Their camp does not hold much of any value. There are ratty sleeping gear and some rudimentary cooking supplies - but nothing of any real value.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr looks over the items as we pick through the bodies. "May as well see if any of it is magic."

He bows his head and gestures with a sweeping motion of his hands over the items. "Come now and look over these items. Tell me if any of them possess enchantments."

Casts Detect Magic
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Primordial Ooze

Feigr detects no enchantment upon the gnoll's possessions.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr stands back up, "No magic. If anyone wants to look further at the armor and spear to see if they're worth anything, go ahead. I'm ready to start tracking the gnolls. I'd rather eliminate that threat before we figure out where our friend the giant came from." Feigr looks to see if Nabo and the camels are coming up and prepares to head out.


Primordial Ooze

Spear and chain are both masterwork quality.

Nabo brings up the camels and based on the look on his face you get a feeling that he is once more impressed by the ability of you all to end your foes. Piping up "You want for Nabo to track-follow the smelly dog-men?" and if assent is given he gets back on all fours and looks to pick up the scent and trail.

Just a short pause for you to do whatever else you like with the bodies before moving off. The Severed Paw operate off bounties of the right ear if you wanted to make it look like they had slain the patrol.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

"Could I get a bit of healing before we head after the gnolls," Dolgrym asks Cynara, still a bit unsteady on his feet after the gnolls' strikes.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"Of course."

Channel energy on everyone: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

CLW on Dolgrym: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"How is everyone else?"

After healing anyone else who needs it, Cynara will cut the right ears off of each gnoll, and (if appropriate) each hyena as well, regarding each grisly trophy with a somewhat quizzical air. "I'm not sure what exactly to do with these--thread them on a string and keep them with us for a while. It would ruin the effect we're trying to convey if we dumped them someplace obvious, I suppose."

Initial post was on my phone, so I kept it simple, and then I had time to fire up a real computer and add a few things.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

The dwarf grimaces as the familiar searing pain of having the gash draw back together lances through the wound. "Aye, thank you Cynara. That took care of all but a couple scratches. I'm ready to move on."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara also packs along the leader's (un)holy symbol. "I shall have to do something appropriate with this later, and then perhaps the metal can be repurposed to a fitter function for silver."

851 to 900 of 2,477 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hunger and Darkness - Reclaiming Tar-Urkatha All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.