Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hunger in the Darkness - Expedition to the Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

A desperate attempt to reclaim the ancestral Dwarvish mine of Tar-Urkatha from the darkness that has engulfed it....


701 to 750 of 2,477 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"Well...yeah we didn't think that through very well I guess."


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"Dolgrym, what are they doing up there?"


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0
Cynara wrote:
"Dolgrym, what are they doing up there?"

Khepri will edge closer to 60' to be able to use his detect evil on the giant.

He will be as non threatening as he can


Primordial Ooze

Khepri:
The giant detects as evil.

Just pausing to see what Love does initially before updating the giant's action.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

"It looks like they are talking still,"Dolgrym hoses to Cynara. "He's a big one though!"


Primordial Ooze

I'm assuming Love stays silent for at least the first few seconds.

Grumbling the giant grinds it's sizeable teeth as it looks at the dwarfs and human before him. A thought dawns upon it and he looks around for his axe - not able to find it by his side.

Swinging back to Khepri "Ce faci cu toporul .... Eu nu place acest" it then gestures behind you with a pointed finger "Du-te" and adopts an aggressive pose.

Giant:
"What you do with axe... I not like this. You go"


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara shouts, "HOY! You speak Common?"


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love's voice rises from behind the shelter.

Giant:
"You go. This is dwarven land. We take your axe and leave your life. Go now. You will not see the sunrise in this land again!


Primordial Ooze

Fickle Hand of Fate:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The cave giant is able to make out Love's form crouched behind his shack with his axe in hand. A furrowed brow breaks out on the giant's face before it roars in anger and moves to strike at Love screaming

Giant:
"Dwarf is thief... me not talk, me kill"

Initiative Block:
Feigr: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Khepri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Padrym: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Dolgrym: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Lowfield: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cynara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Giant: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Initiative Tracker: Dolgrym, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Padrym, Giant, Khepri

Love essentially is in cover behind the lean-to.
No time for a map right now unfortunately - so here's a general layout.
Love is 15ft behind the giant
Khepri and the advance party is roughly 60ft in front of the giant
Cynara and Dolgrym are ~80ft in front of the giant.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 1

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = None
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = None

"Negotiations seem to have failed."

Padrym sprints forward to assist Love.

Double move 40' feet.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

Dolgrym moves forward 15' toward the upcmoing fracas. He fires off one of his specialized Magic Missles at the giant as he moves.

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6
Trip check (lol) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Primordial Ooze

Dolgrym's twin bolts of force streak out towards the giant and thump with tangible force into each of it's shoulders. Defying expectation and reason, the missiles unbalance the newly awoken beast and send it toppling to the ground with a thump. Padrym hustles closer, eager to be there when the giant arises.

Initiative Tracker: Dolgrym, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Padrym, Giant, Khepri

Damage Tracker:
Cave Giant - 6

You got him by 1 Dolgrym ;)


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

Lol! That was quite unexpected! Get him guys.

"Ah ha! I got him, everyone. Dog pile on the giant! Don't let him get up easily, or we might be in trouble," the mage calls out excitedly.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Cynara hurries (double-move, 60') in the general direction of the thud from the giant hitting the ground, spear out.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"$&@!, coming Love!" Feigr runs toward the giant Double move 40'. "Damn, nice shot Dolgrym...might have just saved our hero's bacon.


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0

Doing Khepri's turn now to keep things moving

Spoiler:

After the giant goes:

As a swift action Khepri will Smite Evil on the giant.

Then as a full action he will run 60' to the giant provoking an attack of opportunity (losing his Dex bonus)

Khepri will yell at the giant trying to draw its attention from Love as he is running towards it, "Fight me!"

Current Status
HP 28/28
AC 21 (24 vs Giant)
Lay on Hands 4/day Used - [0]
Smite Evil (1/day) Used - [0]


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Hmmm I should be able to wield the giants single handed axe as a 2-handed weapon taking only the -2 for an off sized weapon right? Meanwhile the prone giant takes a -4 to ac vs melee that would mitigate that penalty. Also right? The following assumes so.

Love moves quickly out from behind the shelter. The giant's axe held in a two-handed grip.

Giant:
Looking for this?

Love brings the axe down on the prone figure
Attack with oversize battleaxe 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20. Woah! Damage large axe critical x3 2d6 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + (1, 5) + (6, 3) = 18 points.

status as of end of action HP24/24 ac16/20vs Giants.


Primordial Ooze

Love - technically yes; though you still need a confirmation on that critical. Also, don't forget +4 to hit on prone for melee.
Love crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 + 4 = 17 - not confirmed, though you still get sneak attack for +2d6, so 9 damage all up.

Love surges from his place of hiding with the oversized axe and brings it down into the prone giant. Roaring in defiance the giant stands and lashes out at Love with a meaty fist...
Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
...striking the dwarf with a glancing blow.

Khepri streaks across the sand towards the angered giant and it kicks out in defense as he closes...
AoO Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
...striking the devotee of Sarenrae with a breath expelling foot to the stomach. It turns around to face the new threat and the other figures approaching...

Love gets an AoO as the giant stands

Initiative Tracker (Round 2): Dolgrym, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Padrym, Giant, Khepri

Damage Tracker:
Cave Giant - 15

Current status:
Khepri and Love are flanking the giant.
Padrym, Feigr and Cynara are ~20ft away.
Dolgrym is ~65ft away.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

The dwarf Mage again moves forward, this time 20' toward the action and fires another magical bolt. He again hopes to knock the monster off balance.

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

Trip check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Lol!


Primordial Ooze

Dolgrym sends another pair of forceful missives into the towering giant, this time catching him on the backs of his knees as he turns, buckling the giants legs beneath it and sending it crashing to the floor again.

Initiative Tracker (Round 2): Dolgrym, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Padrym, Giant, Khepri

Damage Tracker:
Cave Giant - 22


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

Round 2:

Status:

HP: 21/21 AC: 16 Conditions: blessed; +1 to hit and on saves vs. fear

Cynara closes up behind Khepri and calls upon her link to the Powers, holding up her embroidered symbol. Casting bless on the party.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love's Aoo 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14.

The thief pales as the giant stands and his swing lacks conviction.

Waiting on Feigr before taking round 2 action.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Round 2
Status
AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 20. . (+7 armor, +3 shield)
hp 24 + 3 temporary = 27

Oh, big character building error realized. Spirit Shield is an armor bonus so no stacking with regular armor.

Feigr laughes out loud watching Love bring the giant's own axe crashing down on his shoulder, "Well, you certainly weren't expecting that were you big guy. Way to go Love, we may have to make a habit out of you leading the charge!"

Suddenly Dolgrym's missiles go flying past his head and drop the giant on his butt again. "Whoa big guy, you're starting to look like me on a bender. Maybe you better stay down this time. Let's see how you like my axe."

Feigr races toward the giant, concentrating all of his might into bringing the axe down of the prone giant. Charge

And provoking an AoO.

Attack 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 4 + 2 = 29
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

AC 18, touch 10, flat-footed 18. . (+7 armor, +3 shield, -2 charge)


Primordial Ooze

A burst of intangible energy floods forth from Cynara and buoys your spirits. Feigr barrels into the distracted giant and his axe cuts deep into the creature's hip. It roars and thrashes in pain.

Initiative Tracker (Round 2): Dolgrym, Feigr, Cynara, Lowfield, Padrym, Giant, Khepri

Damage Tracker:
Cave Giant - 29

No AoO from the Giant as Khepri soaked it up for this round.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Round 2

Seeing the giant fall again to the strange missiles Love takes another double-handed swing at the hypertrophic foe.

Attack with large battle axe, bless, flank, prone target: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 26. Damage large battle axe, sneak attack: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + (2, 1) = 6 hit points. Ouch, could we roll on the second half of the die please.

Loves aim is true but part of the oversized axe hits the creatures belt robbing the blow of most of its power.

Preemptive Aoo when it gets up:
Attack, large axe, bless, flank, prone target: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 25. Damage, large axe, sneak attack: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + (6, 1) = 18 hit points. Aha! Found the sharp bit!


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Round 2

Status:

HP = 30
AC = 16/12/15 (-2 Charging)
Speed = 20'
Weapon Equipped = None
Arrows = 20/20
Arcane Pool = 3/3
Magus Spells Known (CL 3, 5 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shocking Grasp (x2), Shield (DC 13), True Strike (DC 13)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 12), Light
Status Effects = Blessed

Padrym charges up with a two handed grip on Magatha and attempts to end the giant's threat to the group.

Magatha Two-Handed Power Attack Charge Bless
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

AoO if he stands up again
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

And +2 for flanking to each attack if I et it.


Primordial Ooze

Both Love and Padrym bring their respective axes to bear upon the stricken giant, blades sinking deep into it's gut. It lingers long enough to be able to attempt to rise again, though Love puts paid to that. The oversized axe cuts clean through the giant's hamstring and sends it back to the ground, even as the blades of the others flash out and add their sting. It groans for a few moments before growing silent.

Combat done - map no longer required ;)

You are left alone with the fallen giant in the clearing. The lizards within the giant's pens withdraw from you and are defensive, likely unsure what will occur next.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Wow, nice work. Think those lizards are worried we might eat them? Anyone see anything in this guys lair? Shall we check his shelter?"


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love tosses the ungainly axe aside. "You know, that went well but next time we need a better plan." He is holding his left arm to his body and breathing with some difficulty.

Love turns to Dolgrym. "Great work with those darts Sparky. What do you think we should do with the wee beauties in the boxes?"

Love limps over with the others to examine the shelter. The knot holding the bag was tied giant strong but also giant simple. A bit of work with a marlin spike and Love tips its contents onto the the ground.

9hp down. Ow!


Male Human Paladin /4 ]Hps 36/36 AC 23 FF 21 T 11 CMD 18 Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +8 Init +1 Per +0
Ernst "Love" Lowfield wrote:

Love tosses the ungainly axe aside. "You know, that went well but next time we need a better plan."

Love turns to Dolgrym. "Great work with those darts Sparky. What do you think we should do with the wee beauties in the boxes?"

Love walks with the others to examine the shelter. The knot holding the bag was tied giant strong but also giant simple. A bit of work with a marlin spike and Love tips its contents onto the the ground.

Khepri will lay on hands on himself 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Damn Love, you definitely need to stay to the rear next time. Here, let me see what I can do." Feigr moves his hands over Love's injury. It hurts to feel his hands brushing over the wounds, but then you start to feel other hands reaching, setting bones right, stitching your flesh back together. Dwarven voices echo in year ears, but it is hard to pick out individual voices. It is incredibly painful, but seems to be making you better.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Primordial Ooze

The giant's shelter doesn't contain anything more beyond a collection of filthy sleeping leathers.

Love is able to easily untie the knot on its bag and a reasonably disgusting collection of items falls out onto the ground. There is the expected smattering of half-eaten charred hyena hunks and bones of what would appear to be gnollish in origin... but then the final item falls out of the bag with an audible thump.

It is an old helmet, the iron that made up it's construction rusted almost completely away. Through the built up dirt and rust you can make out faint markings in dwarvish - though they are too obscured to read. Turning the helmet over you see that there is the long dead skull of a dwarf still lodged within.


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

"What do you make of that Feigr?"

I suppose we can't leave the corpse here, though scavengers will clean it before it's an issue. Karma, I think they call it. We should let the lizards out.

"Do any of you recognize these lizards? If they're harmless we should just let them go."

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Primordial Ooze

Padrym learns that the lizards are still newly born and will grow to be much larger. They tend to be cave dwelling.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

"The giant seems to have had good judgment in camp location. Let's get his leavings cleaned up and bring our young jackalwere and the camels here."

With that, Cynara murmurs another minor spell (casting detect magic) and respectfully examines the helmed skull.


Male Dwarf Transmuter 4

"I agree. Turn the lizards loose. They'll not trouble us, I'd guess. Very nicely done, everyone. Tell me what you see, Cynara. "


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Yes, I agree this would be a good location for our camp." Feigr moves closer to Cynara. "Look, Cynara, I really don't want this to come out the wrong way. I mean, you're a great companion to us on this endeavor. But, when it comes to dwarven remains, I think we'd really rather have one of us do the handling. Is it magical?"

He gently takes the helm and skull and turns it over in his hands.

Knowledge(History) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 +2 about dwarves and their enemies

"So, brother...is there enough of you remaining here to tell us what happened to you?" Feigr tries to determine if there is enough of the skull/remains to Speak With Dead.


Female Elf ***INACTIVE*** Oracle (Life)/4 HP 28/28 AC 17/T 12/FF 14 Init +2 Perc +7 Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +5/+7 vs. ench. effects

The elf carefully hands over the helmed skull. "No offense taken, Feigr. Now, let me see those lizards...I'd like to be sure they're not going to try to eat the camels."

Knowledge (Nature) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Hm. I have no idea, but I'm thinking that if they're tamed they'll want to stay around here. Perhaps we should leave them penned up for now."


Primordial Ooze

Cynara detects no magic from the helmet, nor discern any new knowledge of the lizards.

Running his weathered hands over the helmet Feigr feels it's history as though a heavy weight bearing downwards. The helmet is square edged and serviceable, like those that would be used by a soldier. The lack of ornamental metal used indicates that the dwarf who owned the helmet likely did not hold any significant rank or position.

Feigr:
You sense a change within the susurrant chorus that fills your mind. What is usually a mass of jumbled voices seems to part and you can pick out an individual voice within the crowd. It yearns to be called upon so that it might be heard.
Speak with Dead is indeed possible.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

To Fegir: "Ouch! Now I know what they mean be the cure being worse than the disease. That hurt more than tusky's fist. Heck if this mining gig doesn't pan out I know a speciality brothel back in the big dusty that would hire you in an eyeblink. Damn that hurt. Thanks."


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

Love examines the spilled contents of the bag, thinking aloud as he does so.
"Hmmmmm.. Our body inpaired friend was at the bottom of the sack. That might mean he went in first. There are no blood or grease stains on his hat so that likely means the heyena bits have not been in the sack long. These Gnoll bones are pretty clean indicating he's had them to gnaw on for a while.
So we have a possable story here. Big and gnarled there lived in a cave along with his pets. At some point he found our helmeted friend and thought him worth keeping around. Trade? Company? Decor? Who knows. Then he leaves but not in a hurry because he had time to bag Mr. Body and box up his pets. So why did he leave home sweet home. When did he leave it, and where is his former residence. Hmmmm
Aha! I think I have it. Yes the Gnoll bones are the key. All right piece by piece now. In underground home, find head, driven out possibly by Gnolls trying to move in, now homeless moves here, living on some wandering heyenas, maybe a patrol."

Louder to everyone:"Looks like we found the edge of the Gnoll chief's land. The area is worth the occasional patrol but not worth the effort to dislodge tusky here. More importantly Tusky lived somewhere connected to the mine. I think he was pushed out by the Gnolls but I can't be sure. Now how far away was home?"

Perception to get a guess at how old the Gnoll bones are? Looking for an idea of how long it has been since they were part of a functioning Gnoll. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Or knowledge local for the same data 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15. Or knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Love moves to the cages and begins to examine them closely.
Perception or knowledge dungeoneering to get an idea of about how long these cave-loving beasties have been above ground. Possable clues are changes in pigmentation due to increased sunlight exposure. Droppings and cage scraps will indicate how recent their diet changed from rats and bugs in the cave to scraps from the giants table. Taking 20's if I can, 10's if I can't for a 21 perception and a 17 for Dungeoneering.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr starts as he feels the one voice separate from the rest, then snaps back out of his thoughts. "Everyone, our slain comrade here would like to talk to us. Do you have any questions you would like to ask? Would we like to know how he died? What he knows of Tar-Urkatha? What he knows of the gnolls? We need to be as specific as possible. The dead can be difficult to bring to us and sometimes answer obscurely."

DM - Voice of the Voiceless:

Not sure how many questions. Voice of the Grave provides 3 rounds a day. Speak with Dead only one question per 2 caster levels. So, I lean toward one question within the 3 rounds, but want to get your read on whether it should be interpreted that way or 3 questions, one per round.


Male Dwarf Trapsmith Rogue

"We could use knowing how he ended up in that sack. The cave giant might have stumbled on a back door to the mine."


|| AC 20/T12/FF18 | HP 45/45 | F +6 R +4 W +8 | Init +5 | Perception +12 | Sense Motive +6 | Darkvision 90' || Dwarf (Deep Delver) Inquisitor 6

Female voice: Ask him about the sisters!
We'll get there.

"Would he know that? Whatever he knows of the gnolls would be best I think, and anything about Tar-Urkatha. I'd like to avoid his fate if possible."


Primordial Ooze

Feigr:
Hmm - I'd be happy with whatever fit within the three rounds. So one detailed question, or two / three more simple ones.

Picking over the gnoll bones you are able to note that they are pretty recent - you'd say within the last week or two. From your knowledge of caverns deep you remember that Cave Giants do not live overground unless forced. You are confident something forced it from it's home and it wandered until it found this secluded area to stay. Even as the sun rises the hollow is reasonably well sheltered, so the giant would not have needed to endure much sun.

The lizards are reasonably docile at the moment as they are still juveniles. They haven't been out of the caves long, maybe a week at most.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

"Ok everyone, this can be pretty rough, so I'm definitely having a drink before we see what this dwarf has to say." Feigr reaches to his side and pulls up his whiskey skin taking a long draught from the opening. Releasing a deep sigh Feigr rotates the skull around to see its face. You see his eyes grow unfocused and his head drifts back and forth for a moment.

Feigr concentrates on the cacophony of voices, seeking the one he felt a moment ago and draws the spirit toward him. "Welcome back friend. I come to recover Tar-Urkatha. Did you die before or after Tar-Urkatha fell?"


Primordial Ooze

Feigr calls upon the spirit of the dwarf, and as his eyes lose focus and he rythmically sways there is a gathering of mist around the skull. The mist grows heavy with weight and settles around the skull as though flesh and skin, forming an intangible face with crudely visible features. The spirit speaks in Dwarven, a hollow wistful sound upon the air "The душа водич calls and I answer... it has been so long, so long in darkness..."

Cynara:
Your vision of the skull is different from the others. Where they see only mist and smoke, you see a severed head bedecked with flesh entire. The dwarf has a short and scraggly beard atop sunken cheeks and eyes that are rimned with dark bags begat of sleepless nights. The eyes bear no pupil or iris and are shown only as white orbs.
As your clouded eyes meet those of the severed head, a chill falls upon you.

Responding to Feigr's first question "I fell as the blackness rose from the depths of stone and swept all before it."

душа водич - Soul Guide


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr feels a cold sweat gather on his body. "I'm sorry brother. Tar-Urkatha was lost to the dwarves, but we hope to reclaim it and send you and your brothers and sisters back to Magrim's forge. Can you tell me where in Tar-Urkatha you fell?"


Primordial Ooze

The smoke and mist that make up the skulls' face roils as a faint keening wail is heard "We stood at the Fivefold Crossing as the others fled... they came so quickly... we could not hold them..."

The Fivefold Crossing is a crossroads in the mine where the upper chambers are joined to other deeper caverns and shafts.


Stats:
AC 20/10/20, HP 35/35, F+3 R+1 W+3, Init +0, Per -1

Feigr shudders and then breathes deeply, feeling the anguish of the fallen warrior tear through his mind. "One more question brother and then I will release you to take your long-overdue journey to Magrim's Forge. Tell me what you can of the enemies and any defense that found success in blunting their flood."

701 to 750 of 2,477 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hunger and Darkness - Reclaiming Tar-Urkatha All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.