Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Hollow's Last Hope (Inactive)

Game Master Seldlon the Swift

A wilderness and dungeon adventure designed for four 1st- level characters. Characters who successfully complete this adventure should reach 2nd level by its conclusion.


601 to 650 of 787 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Current Map

Bulgard burns precious twilight.


Current Map

Something to keep you occupied while you wait on Bulgard.

Target 1 Reinar, 2 Rhen, 3 Zevon
Target: 1d3 ⇒ 2

stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Perception:

Reinar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Rhen 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Zevon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Rhen hears an odd sound. When he turns around to see what it is he sees a mosquito like creature with a one foot wingspan coming directly at his face.

Initiative
Reinar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Zevon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Rhen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Stirge 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Surprise Round
Stirge
Rhen <--------------

attack v 14 (touch): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The large mosquito like thing attaches its needle like legs to Rhen's face and neck, thrusting its feeding tube into his jugular.

filth fever?: 1d100 ⇒ 69 1-10 are not good.
Rhen takes 1 con damage

Round 1
Zevon, Stirge
Rhen, Reinar


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

Bulgard sticks to the cover of the bush, stalking the perimeter of his group's location. He keeps his eyes to the ground to look for a clue as to what beast is watching them.

survival (track): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon swats at the vermin with a precise crack of his whip.

Whip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Current Map

Bulgard:

Bulgard finds the tracks and blood left on the ground by the Dragon snake thing. He sees where it lay until the bleeding stopped. He follows the tracks to see where it went. The tracks lead back to the clearing where he looses them. You may return to the party as soon as their current encounter is complete. You will have 10 minutes until total darkness at that point.


Current Map

Zevon, I will apply that miss when we get to round one. I meant to delete the round 1 entry as I thought that might be confusing. We are currently in the surprise round and Rhen has yet to take his move. Love the sight of you using your whip to remove the stirge from Rhen's face.


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

I got ya. Yeah, I liked the visual too... if it had worked.


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

SOrry it wasn't notifying me that there were posts

Rhen bats the creature away from his face, slicing at it with his short sword.

"Ye large bug, I am going to squish ye."

Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Current Map

Rhen tries to kill the thing with his sword while retaining his face and misses it. Zevon takes careful aim into the melee but his whip hits Rhen's chain shirt at the shoulder creating a loud crack.

Rhen is now down 2 con affecting his hp and fort

Round 1
Zevon, Stirge
Rhen, Reinar <--------


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Do I get another save?

Rhen Slashed again then steps back 5' away from the creature.

Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Gah it is sucking me dry!"


Current Map

There is no save against the con damage. The only save is against the potential disease. No need to save against that again. It is grappled, you are not. Stepping back it comes with you.

Round 1
Zevon, Stirge
Rhen
Reinar <--------


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

Meanwhile Bulgard whispers his findings to Zevon concerning the Draconic creature via their magical connection.


Male Human Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 | hp 26/28 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F +5, R +2, W +3 | Init +2 | Per +7 | DR 1/- | Rage Turns: 3/8

"Stay still, dwarf!", Reinar draws his longsword and tries to cut the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Current Map

Reinar slices the plump stirge down the middle killing it. The blood it collected flows profusely from the slit. The needle like barbed feet go limp but remain attached to Rhen's face and neck in a couple places.

End initiative.

You have about 10 minutes until it is completely dark.


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

"Hurry back? I am feeling more tired but I can make it ta where ever that other o' ye humans went off ta."

Rhen leans against a tree to catch his breath


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon retrieves the Lesser Restoration Wand from his pack and gestured towards Rhen

Let me see if I can repair the damage that creature caused with this. Our ranger just informed me that it appears the wyrm has come back to roost. I do not expect it to be as cordial this time around.

UMD (Wand) DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 | hp 26/28 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F +5, R +2, W +3 | Init +2 | Per +7 | DR 1/- | Rage Turns: 3/8

"I can just kill it if it decides to bother us."


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

The creature was intelligent enough to withdraw last time. Perhaps it will not press the issue now. Death would be an unfortunate outcome to an otherwise avoidable situation. Honestly, if there were another option to camp, I would take it. Seeing as the risk of night travel is to great, we must make do here.

Zevon will settle in to a camp, taking Bulgard's lead on the best location. he volunteer's for either first or last watch. He keeps a wary eye towards the beast's nest.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Rhen will keep his eyes peeled for the dragon.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Current Map

Rhen's darkvision allows him so see well into the branches of the Elder Tree. It takes a while, but he makes out portions of the beast lying still in the tree.


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

Bulgard returns to the party and looks around at his fellows, sucking on an AleFlower and nodding to himself in agreement with the group's decision to hunker down.

He finds a nice spot to rest, unfurls his bedroll and plops down on it with a sigh. He lays a couple torches and his bow beside him, clasps his hands behind his head and hums a lively, albeit offbeat, tune.

The little fox climbs on his chest and curls itself in a tight ball, quickly falling fast asleep.

"I'll take next watch I r-reckon"


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

[smaller]"It is in the trees, do ye really wan ta stay ere?"

Rhen keeps his sword close.


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Better here and aware of the beast than attempting to navigate unknown forests in the dark. Granted it is not an ideal situation, but the devil you know and all that. As I said, it is not unintelligent. I think there is a good possibility that it will allow us to pass unmolested to avoid the risk of meeting its demise at our hand.


Current Map

Campfire, light source, token locations on the map, watch sequence? Bulgard is apparently already asleep. Anyone sleeping in their armor that is at least medium?


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon will take last watch to give him time to prepare spells. He will light a small campfire and set his crossbow by his side.


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Rhen can sleep next and take the 3rd watch unless someone opposes?


Current Map

Small campfire illuminates the area. Four watches? Reinar, Bulgard, Rhen and Zevon? 2 hours each?


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Looks good to me


Male Human Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 | hp 26/28 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F +5, R +2, W +3 | Init +2 | Per +7 | DR 1/- | Rage Turns: 3/8

Sounds fine


Current Map

The wise beast decides not to harass you. It would rather live. The watches go without issue. You are up at 4:00 am ready to move out at 5:00 am

Day 3 05:00
The sun rises. The plague has claimed another victims: 1d4 ⇒ 3 townsfolk. You have breakfast and break camp at 5:00.

Let's see how good your ranger is at navigation (I intentionally passed on this going in). DC 15 survival to not get lost, Bulgard. Four hours to the lumber consortium, another four to town


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon tries to assist the ranger, but is of no help.

Survival (Aid Another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Not a bad idea for us all to pitch in on this one.


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Bulgard rolls up his bedroll and stuffs it in his pack, then gingerly tucks the little foxling in as well.

"F-follow me. Try to keep up"


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Rhen will ride the Pony after the tall human, trying to not get to close so as to not spook the pony.


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon falls in behind Bulgard... completely oblivious to his location or direction.


Current Map

Day 3 09:00
You pass through the lumber consortium. As the workers notice Rhen on the beautiful pony decked out with ribbons in her braided mane, they stop what they are doing. He gets many a laugh and several taunts.

"Hey dwarf, you going to a fashion show?"

"HaHaHaHaHa! Hey dwarf, they are selling dresses in the general store. A pink one would finish off your look."

"What little girl did he steal that pony from? Thief! Come back here! Give me that pony!"

"HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!"

Day 3 13:00
You arrive at Roots and Remedies. A line of twenty some somber townsfolk some with pale, wheezing children, others seeming to be precipitously near tears stretches from the open door. If you try to break in line or bypass it, you will immediately be confronted by those desperate souls who have been waiting in that line for an hour.
deja vu


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Rhen will keep his hands on the reins so as to not commit murder in the day light.

"I am bring her back to yer wives since they said their lazy husbands would rather play with wood and the soft curves o' their bodies.!

Rhen speeds the pony up a bit, a very large smile on his face.


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon will make his way around the side of the building, as Bulgard did on their first visit. If necessary, he will make a wide path around to avoid the crowd.


Male Human Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 | hp 26/28 | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | F +5, R +2, W +3 | Init +2 | Per +7 | DR 1/- | Rage Turns: 3/8

Reinar keeps his mouth shut this time.


Current Map

DC for the lock on the back door is 20. She replaced the old one you got through so easily.


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Disable device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon raps urgently on the door and calls out to the herbalist in a hurried but low tone


Current Map

Nothing


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon leans over to Rhen. Take your time. If anyone dares question us, I will handle it. Just get us in there so we can do what we came to.


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

"y-y-you mind if I try?"

Bulgard shuffles over to the lock and tried to pick it open.

disable device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

He crinkles his brow, draws a deep breath and tries again.

disable device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

When Bulgard approaches and starts in at the lock, Zevon hands him the kobold's thieve's tools.


Current Map

I assumed he had them the whole time.

Bulgard hears a click.


M Human M Human Ranger 2 | HP 39/39 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Init +4 | Per +7 |

"After you, wordmaster"


M Half Elf Arcane Healer Sound Striker Bard 3 | hp 30/30 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F +3, R +6, W +2 | Init +5 | Per +5 | Performance Rounds: 11/16

Zevon pushes the door open and steps inside, scanning the room for the herbalist.


HP 32 l AC 20 (T 15 FF 15) l F +3 R +7 W +2 l Ini +4 Perc +7 Current 32/32 HP

Rhen will sneak in to the room attempting to blend with the shadows.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

601 to 650 of 787 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Last Hope All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.