Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

GM Mentoring LoungeDungeon Master S’s True Dragons

Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Spellcraft (Do I even know of any Neg Energy Spells?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Negative energy spells hrm... like undead spells? Strength stealing spells? Undead making spells? Those must really make your enemies cry and wail! Do their eyeballs shrink up in their heads when you do it?"

Vanarog continues his merry discussion about spells and magic while the others do whatever they wanted to do.

There's no way Vanarog is going to lead anything off, he's just chatting with a dragon, so feel free to steer things one way or another here.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun waits as the softscales intent on talking to the dragon representing the biggest threat to the Sewer Dragons, talk on.

Giving the talky one and the uppity one a alightly annoyed glance, she start watching the dragon, trying to judge his strength and how readily they could take him in a fight. But to try keep the fight from breaking out before everyone is ready she instead tries to hide her staring behind a mask of admiration.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Ready whenever you guys are!


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Having been quite and awestruck for the last few minutes Athrax finally interjects a little. "You know I recall at one point in my days of learning from that crackpot about an ability to transform others metals into Gold. It could even change a rather large horde, as such as you lord over right now, and even more I do recall that it might involve some Honey in the mix and a few choice ingredients. Also an Immense Heat source that is pulled in just at the right moment. It would have to be an immediate high degree not a build up either." Athrax thinks about how he might help setup the 'Hidey minion' as Skyrahk has dubbed the rogue, while also planting a few bombs to be triggered at just the right moment.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

As soon as everyone is in position, Skyrahk begins casting a spell.

Casts doom, will DC 14 or dragon is shaken for 4 minutes


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

“I can breathe negative energy on my enemies, and yes their eyes ro—” Whatever else the dragon would have said is lost as Fazgyn suddenly becomes visible in a whirr of poisoned blades and death, dealing an astonishing thirty six points of damage as he strikes!

Fotitude Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The dragon shakes off the poison damage!

Since you all were readying attacks, I am giving you one surprise round to cast spells, move or attack now that that deadly attacks of Fazgyn hit. If you stated an action, I am botting it.

Athrax throws a bomb at the Dragon!

Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9

Skyrahk casts doom as she sees her friend become visible!

Draconic Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

The dragon shakes it off! “Betrayers! Thieves!”

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Athrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative, Engashez: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative, Fazgyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Initiative, Pethjun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative, Skyrahk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Initiative, Vanarog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Initiative, Dragon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round Surprise
Active conditions: None!

Pethjun
Engashez
Vanagog

================================

Round 1
Active conditions: None!

Fazgyn
Skyrahk
Athrax
Pethjun

================================

Dragon (-45)

================================

Engashez
Vanarog

================================

BOLD IS UP!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez dismisses her disguise, the image of Jegan flickering away to reveal her true draconic form. "I really do worship you..." she whispers before she begins beating her drum in an inspiring rhythm.

"It's just that you're the means to a much better end."

Surprise Round:

Standard: start bardic performance: inspire courage

PRD wrote:

Inspire Courage (Su): A 1st-level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard's performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.

Bardic Performance 12/13 rds remaining

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog's eyes go wide a bit as blood starts spraying, almost as if he'd forgotten the reason they'd come in the first place. Oh yes, kill this dragon for the scale, hrmph.

He quickly unfurls the parchment in his hand and begins reading the words as best he can, for they are normally out of his grasp.

Caster check: Scroll of HASTE!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He is hasting everyone in the group except himself as I can only get 5 targets I believe from the scroll and its CL5.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

GM:
I would love to say that I didn't mention this earlier due to waiting to see if those crits confirmed, but honestly, I completely forgot about it!! Anyways, Fazgyn has Debilitating Injury that can be applied to his confirmed Crits. If you would allow the late application, I would like to use Disoriented: The target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue. If you feel it is too late, that is fine too!!

First round action:
Assuming here that Pethjun steps forward and attacks during the surprise round, providing flanking for the both of us!

Fazgyn just about grins his head off as his blades sink to their hilts in the dragon. "You attacked our home, we attack your home. Fair, right?!" He waits until Pethjun makes her first attack before he darts in on the distracted dragons other side!

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

Dmg 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dmg 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sneak 1: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Sneak 2: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun's self imposed silence dissipates when Fazgyn reappears behind the somewhat weak looking dragon. She smiles at the rogue's deep cuts, before giving a hissing laugh. "There's no way I'd worship something as weak looking as you! Having to steal your mother's power just to do anything? Pathetic." She then draws her rapier and using her shield as cover rushes up to the wrymling.

Waiting a second to double check what Fazgyn is doing, Pethjun then tries to time her rapier and tail swings with the rogue. "Can't wait to see Chief Yiddlepode's reaction when I tell her I took down a true trueblood!"
__________
Surprise round: Move'n'Draw
First round: Full attack with flank

Bringing the PAIN:

+1 Rapier, flanking, IC, vs. Flat-footed: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 14
The Damage, Dirty Fighter, Favored class bonus, IC: 1d4 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 13
Mwk Razor Tail, same bonuses as above: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10
Damage, Same bonuses as above: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7
Ugh, The RNG is hating me today, 3 attack rolls less than five! (one from a different thread.) Here's hooping Mr. Wrymling has a crap Flat-footed AC


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax moves about to gain a better vantage point to attack the bad bad dragon. Drinking his Mutagen his bodies begins to change his arms grow in length and his step seems to be more reflexive in his dash.

Mutagen +4 Dex -2 Wis


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Are any of you using strength to hit or for damage? I have a bull's strength I can use.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

NOT ME! I just LMAO when I looked to see what my strength even was.. its a 9!!


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun is your Dragon of Choice Redelia


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk takes out her scroll of spiritual weapon, and tells the blade that appears to attack the blasphemous dragon.

attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 3 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
I have not applied anything from haste or inspire courage, because it's not clear to me at this time of night if those apply to spiritual weapon


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Yup Pethjun is using strength, though I doubt she needs the boost for that.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Under a barrage of deadly output from several sources, the anticipated battle ends anti-climactically, with the dragon shrieking, “Mothe—!” as the force of Skyrahk’s blade stops it mid-scream.

You stand for a moment, chilled as the wind on the parapet whips pasts you and you look out at the glowing hives of the light weavers in the distance. There is a small shadowy dragon corpse, still clutching a scale.

What do you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk moves forward and grabs the scale. Can't let that self-important show-off the uppity minion get the scale.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn stands back, wiping his blades clean before resheathing them. "Well fought. That was much easier than I expected!!!" he exclaims. Carefully he looks about the room for anything interesting while Skyrahk takes the scale.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Hmmm. I agree. That was a true trueblood? Shameful." He was impressive while we were talking... but we shouldn't have even been talking; he never should have fallen for our trick, which left him weak to our blades. His mother will be pleased we destroyed the weakness in her lineage.

"We need to get this scale to the mother. As much as I love Shadow Absalom, we have our own sewers to protect."

As much as she argues for urgency, she herself takes plenty of time to go over the room thoroughly, not wanting to leave anything important, useful, or overly shiny behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

The words of magic have barely left Vanarog's lips as the young pure blood falls over dead "Well, my magic is so powerful it made the pure blood fall over dead! We must have a look around yes? Where is that scale..." He glares at the hooded one as she snatches it before he can get close.

That one... needs to fall down a deep hole.

He heads over to the mount of coins and looks around for anything more useful... and lighter. Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk looks carefully at the scale. She uses detect magic on it.

spellcraft, if applicable: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

She also sees Vanarog's glare. Apsu take you, Vanarog, and doom you to a realm of sweetness and light for all eternity...


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The scale is very powerful, but as a catalyst for dimensional portal magic rather than for any other powers.

GM Screen:

Perception, Athrax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Perception, Engashez: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception, Fazgyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 +1 vs traps & surprise
Perception, Pethjun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception, Skyrahk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception, Vanarog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Meanwhile, as a group you search the place. Shadrixis may have been very young, but he had a nicer hoard than you initially expected. His horde contains some silver gold and platinum coins under all that copper as well as an onyx gem.. He has also buried a few minor magic items within the coins: a traveler's any-tool, a black velvet pouch filled with dust of emulation, and an aegis of recovery.

What is next? I heard one vote to return the scale to Her Royal Majesty Queen Argrinyxia. Does anyone else concur?


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

To the queen


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

As you make your way down the stairs and out of the tower, your guide, Y’xilix, pulls back the gossamer curtain of light that she had wrapped about herself. Seeing the scale in Skyrahk’s hands, her eyes light up. “You have recovered the scale, honorable dragons! And does the treacherous wyrmling Shadrixis still live?”


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

The forums ate my post last night and because it was after midnight I didn't want to get one together again. I really wanted to get something in about Shadrixis, though.

Pethjun scowls in disdain as the wrymling goes down. "What? That was all he had? I would have expected more of a fight from a true trueblood." With a snort she goes over to check that the thing really is dead and not faking, before cleaning her weapons.

"Before we head on like the talky one is suggesting, let's see if this ...thing had better shiny-shinys than some copper pieces." She helps with sifting through the peices deiding to pocket a few of the shinier coins to look at later.

----------
Pethjun jumps into a defensive position, rapier in hand, when Y’xilix decloaks. It takes her a second to realize that it's just their guide. Lowering her blade she scoffs. "He... No, IT was pathetic! Didn't even lash out at one of us before going down! It won't be bothering anyone anymore."

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

"My powerful majiks tore it apart Y’xilix. For a true blood he was very stupid and weak. We did his mother a favor. Now we must close this portal to our world." He takes a few steps and the jingle of coins in his pockets are evident.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk is surprised that even the Uppity Minion would in this way take credit for the actions of others. She gives the Sneaky Minion a sympathetic glance, it's no fun when your proper credit is stolen. She also makes sure, it what's supposed to be a casual manner, that Y'xilix sees that she is the one carrying the scale. "We are on our way to return the scale to the Honorable Argrinyxia. Do you believe that Her Majesty will receive us under these circumstances? And can you tell us how to find her?"


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun scoffs at Vanarog's claim. "Your magics? Pefah! You didn't even use the scroll! It was mostly me and the Trap master that did anything! Though Skyrak helped some as well, and maybe the yappity one. But you did not take him down!"

She nods in agreement with Skyrahk, "Right, don't want to see mama if she's going to be pissed about her baby... though that could be fun, too."


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez laughs to herself as Vanarog gets put in his place, privately enjoying this humiliation, and curious to see how the arrogant minion will spin it in his favor. He always finds a way!

But she doesn't linger on this private joy, and instead gets down to the task at hand.

"There's a chance that Argrinyxia will mourn her child... but not likely. How could you truly love a child as weak as that... especially one that had stolen from its mother in the first place?" Engashez nods towards the scale in Skyrahk's hands... a scale much larger than could ever have come from Shadrixis.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

You are true dragons, and have given this one much cause for joy! With that, Y’xilix throws up her hands and enormous fireworks hit the sky. They are dragons dancing in a dozen different colors as they shoot across the sky with enormous booms. Then a ways off, more fireworks shoot up, then more further off still. Their booms echo, one after another, growing ever softer in the distance. We are notifying the Queen, Y’xilix explains as the fireworks relay expands across Shadow Absalom. Come, let us go meet her.

But the lightweaver does not take you throughout the city, but instead waits until a vast shadow flies overhead, eventually landing near you. Argrinyxia lands, a regal monarch of scales and shadows. “We have been called. What news have you for us, Lightweaver?”

Both the dragon and the lightweaver stare at one another for one minute, perhaps two minutes of silent conversation. Then the queen inclines her head to all of you. “Y’xilix tells me that I owe you two favors. One for ridding me of a thief and a traitor, and one for for retrieving that which was stolen from me. Are these facts true...” The monarch pauses. “...we realize that we do not how you wish to be addressed. What are we to call you?”

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog crosses his arms at Pethjun as he makes claims "I most certainly used that scroll of powerful majiks. The spell on that scroll helped all of you slay the true blood!" He stands there indignantly. "It isn't clear exactly how much was the spell and how much was your blades, but BOTH were involved. A win for the Sewer Dragons in any case."

He then turns away, dropping the subject, and taking out a small vial and drinking some of it. These tears are so sweet. It looks like I have more names to add to my list...

As the Queen Trueblood shows up, Vanarog bows graciously as she addresses him "I am known as Vanarog the Majestic, truest in Dragon Blood of the Sewer Dragon Tribe, and caster of powerful majiks." He smiles as he rises. He quickly adds "And yes WE destroyed the traitor and reclaimed your scale. We came to close the portal opened to our home."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"We are the True Dragons of Absalom!" Engashez, overcome with awe at Argrinyxia's magnificence, surprises herself with her outburst. Unable to believe she has the composure to even speak, she talks right over Vanarog's words, pushing right past his more regal introduction.

Edit because we clicked "Submit" at the same time.

Once she has begun to speak, though, her confidence returns just a bit. This is my job in the tribe, after all! Get it together!

"We are Pethjun, the fighty minion, Fazgyn, the sneaky minion, Athrax, the blasty minion, Vanarog, the uppity minion, and Skyrahk, the... what kind of minion are you, Skyrahk?"

A look of recognition washes over her face as something clicks! Her eyes grow a little bit darker... then mischievous.

"Skyrahk, the preachy minion. Oh, and I'm Engashez... they call me the talky minion."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

“We are honored to meet you, ‘True Dragons’.” The Queen seems amused at your group appellation, and says the name in a tone of slight irony. She embraces your minion honorifics with more enthusiasm, however. “Pethjun, the fighty minion! Fazgyn, the sneaky minion! Athrax, the blasty minion! Vanarog, the uppity minion!” She pauses for a moment. “That honorific fits you quite well, Vanarog. Skyrahk, the preachy minion, and you Engashez, the talky minion! It seems that we share a purpose, for that unauthorized portal into our realm is an abomination.”

The queen turns to Skyrahk, holding out an open claw. “We would like our scale returned to us, Preachy Minion.”


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk bows, and hands the Queen her scale. She may not be a chromatic dragon, but she is the ruler of a realm.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

“Thank you.” The Queen graciously inclines her head, and says, “You would all be well-advised to stand way back.” She flies upwards, and once you and Y’xilix are well away from the tower, the queen flings the scale with unerring accuracy at the negative energy portal. As the scale hits, there is a percussive shock wave that knocks you all to the ground, and the tower shakes and then starts to fall, its dark purple stone walls crumbling to rubble and dust. As you cough through the clouds of rock dust, you feel a strange tugging sensation from within as the portal that you came through — the one that you could feel no matter where you traveled in Shadow Absalom — collapse in upon itself as the scale used to create it was destroyed.

“Y’xilix, you and your Lightweavers have served us faithfully,” the Queen announces. “We return your lands to your people, and promise help clearing this rubble away a week from now, once all in this city have had a chance to visit, and see what happens to traitors.”

Thank you, Majesty! Y’xilix drops to her knees, sobbing but emoting a soft rosy light of hope. Thank you, True Dragons!

Citizens of Shadow Absalom, drawn by the fireworks and the explosion, come out, and seeing her majesty, form an impromptu parade as you march triumphantly through the streets back to the center of town.

“Minions,” the Queen continues, “we know you serve another monarch. But should you ever wish to travel again, know that you are welcome to my court.”

The booms of fireworks of celebration light the sky, as you return.

Anything else you want to do or say before you return home?

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog looks a bit unhappy at his nickname but he doesn't let it bother him for long. "Could we visit your court before we leave oh great Dragon? It would be good to see how such a powerful True Blood lives, maybe us taking back tokens of your affection to show the rest of the Tribe would cement our good standing for the future!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"We mustn't bother Her Majesty any further, Vanarog. We should return home."


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax sits back as the Uppity one again professes his utmost power. Ribbing Engashez he whispers under his breath to her "He must seriously be compensating for something. I need to find out what." with a final laugh the Blasty Minion watches the grand spectacle and marvelous entrance of the Queen.

Slowly moving his pockets full of all sorts of odds and end he could use for shrapnel mumbling to himself "I wonder if I could harness the portal's abilities to create a displacement bomb. Oh and if I catch them just right Half of them could show up her.." jotting more gruesome notes in his journal he hopes to show the venture captain Dreng when he gets back. Maybe this time I will be granted admittance into the Society and complete my own Confirmation.

"Thank you Queen, for your offer to join your brood but We must return and ensure our own realm is secure."


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk then turns to face the Queen. "Your majesty, if the portal we used to come here is closed, can you tell us how we may return home?"


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun Ives a sound part way through a snort and a chuckle at Vanarog's claims. "Suuuure, your great magics 'probably' helped."

Pethjun is finally awed for once as she watches the queen, no monarch, for no other title could suit her fly in. Her grace, and poise, but with an underlying strength and power. This is a true true trueblood! ...I want to fight her but I know I'd lose, for now at least.

She smiles as Skyrahk seems to pick up her own nickname. the preachy one? I like, it suits her.

She takes a moment to watch in continued awe as the monarch destroys the protals and earns the cheers of her people once again. That is until Athrax mentions something. "Oh Dahak below! Who knows what state the Sewer Dragons are in! Is Chief Yiddlepode okay? We've been gone so long!"

Giving Skyrahk a side glance Pethjun forgets he worries for a second, "Wait, isn't the portal in the center of town, the one that drops you off 'where ever you left from' our way home? Though I admit some directions so we can get home faster would be good."


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.
GM Hmm wrote:

“Minions,” the Queen continues, “we know you serve another monarch. But should you ever wish to travel again, know that you are welcome to my court.”

Anything else you want to do or say before you return home?

"Oh, great Queen. We do serve a monarch, but a chief of our own kind. It is not unusual, or unheard of, for a tribe like ours to seek a true trueblood to be a patron of a tribe." Her eyes drift to the floor. She can't hardly believe that she is going to ask what she's about to ask.

"Mighty Argrinyxia. You have the ability to open portals to our world. On behalf of our chief, I would be honored to request your patronage, that we might become the greatest power in the sewers of Absalom!"


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn takes exception, as does everyone else, to Vanarogs rampant egotism Actually, I have loved your portrayal of him!!! Your RP has rocked!!, but grins slyly as the rest of the team puts him back in his place. He spends the rest of the time at the back of the group, but his jaw does drop open in awe of the great shadow dragons power and majesty in throwing the great scale so far!

The Queen returns her attentions to the True Dragons, and Fazgyn eventually steps forward with a deep bow. "You are very powerful.. I think that "Sneaky Minion" would love a chance to explore your realm.. after my territory is secure. I shall return soon!" Fazgyn says to her.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The Queen inclines her head. "If your honored Chief Yiddlepode wishes the patronage of a dragon from another plane, tell her that we would be most interested."

At Vanarog's request, she graciously allows the Sewer Dragons to tour the public places of her palace of shadow, light and marble. You get to view the eyrie from which she observes her kingdom, the receiving rooms and smaller of the banquet halls before you are escorted by her servants to the shimmering portal in the center of town.

Y'xilix sees you off. Farewell honored dragons.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

When the you emerge from the sewer portal, a great gathering of Sewer Dragons led by chief Yiddlepode celebrates their triumphant return. A contingent of Pathfinders led by Drandle Dreng stands to the side, having just prepared to enter the breach themselves. "Oh, you closed it! Excellent, excellent! How did it go?"

The mutant otyugh Hats is also present, enthusiastically clapping his tentacles, knocking a beaten derby against a tricorne hat in the process. "Oh brave, brave hats, look at them! They have returned!" says the Prophet of Kallistrade in its high, squeaky voice. "I say," says Strident Commodore, "and just look, they have brought the 'hattiest hat' with them!"

The assembled group celebrates as the portal closes. Yiddlepode personally congratulates each of you well done, while looking especially regal in her velvet blue opera cloak. Then Drandle Dreng bows, and asks, "The Pathfinder Society thanks you as well, Sewer Dragons. From the carnage we saw when we approached..." one of the Pathfinders, covered in bandages coughs, "... and the traps that we mostly managed to avoid, you fended off the invasion admirably! May we hear a little of your exploits in the Shadow Plane?"

Just closing up here. Feel free to have your character tell a little story in your own words about one of the things that happened on your journey. Have fun, this is the close!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"I made the Sneaky Minion invisible, and she surprise stabbed a little shadow dragon, and then most of the rest of us helped attack the dragon, and I sent a magic blade to slice at it. And then Her Majesty Queen Argrinyxia came and talked to us, and acknowledged what we did, and sent us home, but said we are welcome to return!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"In fact, the mighty and glorious Queen Argrinyxia has agreed to become the patron of this tribe!" Engashez beams with joy to announce this.

"The young shadow dragon was so stupid. I disguised as his servant and we just walked into his lair. Vanarog toyed with him with words, and we all--well, mostly Fagzyn--finished him with blades."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Alarmed by the attention and the praise, Fazgyn tries to push back to the rear, but encounters solid wall.. for once there is nowhere for him to disappear to!!
He cocks his head towards Skyrahk, unsure about her kindly motivations throughout the mission. However, he decides to roll with it!
"Yes, due to the help of Skyrahk and of Dahak, I was able to draw first blood on the Shadow Dragon!!" he says proudly. We had no traps to set in the dragons home, so we made do with the best type of trap! We used misdirection and surprise to spring the most carnage as we could upon the beast!"
He finishes his exclamation with a magnanimous gesture that includes all of his fellow Sewer Dragons, inviting them to take equal praise in the execution of such a perfect trap!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

After having returned from a successful mission for the Sewer Dragons, Athrax parties the night away with the rest of the gathered masses as any great Kobold should. Heading off to sleep the revelries away Athrax gets into his sleeping pad and closes his eyes. Where one might expect dreams filled with explosions and destruction caused by a certain Kobold with a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics, Athrax has a rather fitful sleep filled with dreams where he is in a different form. Athrax looks into a mirror within his dream and is aghast to find that the face looking back at him is not the one he is accustom too. Rather it is a face of a rather handsome human male with a shimmering Longsword strapped to his back he heads off in adventure to right wrongs bring forth good to the land of Golarion, the adventures continue through his restless sleep until he wakes up in a cold sweat.

Athrax bolstered by the dreamscape he saw feels a compulsion to do good. Gathering up his supplies and gear, 'borrowing' Vanarog's Sunshade glasses without asking, he brews as many extracts and potions of Disguise Self and hide alignment as he can find the ingredients for he sets off through the tunnels and makes his way to the top side of Absalom. Coming out of the sewers in an alley way he hides in the shadows drinking his first Disguise self extract he thinks hard about that face in his dreams taking on the appearance of that Paladin of Iomedae he is pulled to Temple of the Shining Star. Heading in to the temple he is surprised to see that he has not been halted by the many good Big feets mulling about the place.

Athrax finds himself in front of the Silver Crusade Leader, Ollysta Zadrian, Gulping hard he speaks "Ma'am I pledge my service to you and wish to hold a Charity to help spread..." Gulping hard yet again thinking of the words he is about to utter, "Spread good across the land. I offer up what gold I can in its operation."

Surprised that Ollysta Zadrian allows him to assist in running a charity he also mentions the addition of assisting a certain group of sewer dwellers that are in need of rebuilding there home and ensuring there safety to allow them to prosper and grow to better themselves to defend Absalom from the threat of shadows.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun waits I'm[patiently through the tour of the queen's palace, giving Vanarog dirty glares every now and then. We should be heading straight back, not touring a palace! Who knows what has happened to the Chief? Arrrghh! Vanarog!

At the portal she partically starts pulling the other dragons to the portal. Giving Y'xillix anod in return she says a brief, "Frewell! We might be back." befroe jumping through first.

On the other side she takes up a defensive position, before relaxing slightly as she realizes who is standing there. After making sure that the Cheif is actually Yiddlepode and remembers the "I-am-actually-the-chief" code, the white kobold finally relaxes fully. Happily rushing up behind the cheif she glares darkly at anyone Pethjun doesn't know personally gets with in five feet of her.

"We took care of a few weak and cowardly, wouldn't even fight us properly, men hanging around the portal, we set up traps, though those men were so pitiful that I think we could have fought them head on." Pehtjun flips her nose slightly at that, the men and women who fell for their traps obviously not worth her time. Though Rose is going to happen! Maybe her first chronicle should be our post-Outpost game?

Having her trian of thought for a second Pethjun re-focuses and continues on. "Didn't stop the portal from opening but we ambushed the people who opened it and then moved on through. Shadow Absalom was... different. People didn;t look at us funny but that's prbably becuase everyone is a bit odd... There were people drunk of light, bright light, ugh. There was a crazy elf child and a group of adventurers who, sadly, I could've took 'em, didn't try to kill us!"

She takes a second to think about what a fight it could have been. "We did meet some nice lightweavers though, and after that it's mostly like Skyrahk said. We took down a pitiful true trueblood!"

After a few minutes, Pathjun apporaches Hats and asks, "did you find the bright orange hats some of the men from the Blackros family were wearing? I meant to grab one to give you!" I could have sworn I'd picked one up, but I can't find the post for it."

401 to 450 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.