Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

GM Mentoring LoungeDungeon Master S’s True Dragons

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Skyrahk casts Bless! Fazgyn misses with his first attack, but hits with his second for 14 points of damage!

Renza does not like where she is! She five foot steps back and attacks Athrax!

Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage with Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (2) = 8

She misses because of Athrax’s mage armor! “Why are you so hard to hit, you repulsive little reptile?”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 2 / 3
Active conditions: Inspire Courage on Team,
Shadow Blend on Renza

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance, -19)
Jegan (DEAD)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethjun
Athrax

================================

The whole party is up!


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Surrender or you die!!!" Fazgyn leers at the woman, leaving no question as to which option he hopes she chooses. She falls back to engage Athrax but Fazgyn keeps the pressure up.

Attack+IC+Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 26
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Dmg: 1d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10

Attack+IC+Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 24
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Dmg: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Alas, Fazgyn misses -- twice!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 2 / 3
Active conditions: Inspire Courage on Team,
Shadow Blend on Renza

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance, -19)
Jegan (DEAD)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethjun
Athrax

================================

The whole party is up!

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog ducks down a bit to hide behind the other Sewer Dragons and launches a (small) barrage of glowing missiles at the remaining bigfoot. "What's the problem here? I can hit him just fine, you all need to practice harder!"

MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Full of mystic power, Vanarog shoots his magic missile at Renza fo another 6 points of damage!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 3
Active conditions: Inspire Courage on Team,
Shadow Blend on Renza

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance, -25)
Jegan (DEAD)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethjun
Athrax

================================

Bold is up!


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

with a hissing chuckle at her handywork, Pethjun turns to face the other fetchling. She puffs out her chest and roars at the bigfoot, "How's that? You might want to cower in fear of my strength!"

She then closes the gap and lashes out at the woman with her rapier and tail.

_______________
+1 Rapier, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 + 1 = 24
Miss Chance, Low Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Mwk Razored Tail, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 19
Miss Chance, Low Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
Curses, d100's, curses.


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez continues her performance to inspire her allies, but shifts away from the drum into a chant so that she can retrieve her sword as she moves up, hoping to help overwhelm the weak longlegs.

Actions:

Free: maintain performance
Move: 15', drawing sword
Standard: attack Renza

mwk shortsword, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage, S, IC: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Low Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 55

Inspire Courage: +1
Bardic Performance: 3/13 rounds remaining
Heroism (Athrax): CL5, ~30/50 minutes remaining
Heroism (Pethjun): CL5, ~30/50 minutes remaining


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk chuckles to think of another of these shadow creatures about to go 'splorch' under the attacks of her minions.

Not doing anything, because I can't get in close and my resources are running quite low. Also, I believe this fight is probably almost over.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

The little bard gets in a sword cut that takes out the last of the Onyx Alliance!

— Combat Over —

There is a shimmering portal in front of you, still active. Do you step through?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"Come on, guys, Dahak wishes us to be brave dragons and go!"

Skyrahk waits for someone else to go first, and then follows.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn watches gleefully as the last invader is cut down. Standing before the portal, he glances to the others and then steps through at Skyrahks encouragement. "To Keep any other invaders out, we have to close this! Follow me!"

He steps through the portal, swords leading the way. As he feet touch the other side, he crouches defensively and peers about him.
Total Defense, +4 AC for the round
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 an additional +1 vs being surprised


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez lets her rhythmic chant face away, and shifts her disguise to emulate the first of the two men that came through the portal before stepping through herself.

Looking like Jegen now. Engashez also puts up Total Defense for +4 to AC.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun gives a slight snarl as she gets shown up by the bard, the bard who can't even make a trap to save her life much less fight with any competency. Snorting angrily, she stabs the downed body of Renza a few times before double checking that Renza and Jegan didn't have anything interesting on them, specifically not paying attention to Engashez.

However when she changes her appearance and steps through the portal, Pethjun's head rivets towards her direction. "No you don't get to go through the portal before me!" Raising her shield, Pethjun barrels through the portal right after the uppity yapper. The makes sure to stay in a defensible position, just in case someone tried to take advantage of the moment it would take her to get acquainted with the new place.

_________________
Also taking a total defense for an AC of 26


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Someone search the bodies before they jump through the portal!! I wish I had thought of this before!!


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

I got started on it, but i might not have had enough time to completely search them...


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Loot on Bodies:
1 potion of invisibility.

2 sets of:
oil of darkness, potion of cure light wounds; Other Gear mwk chain shirt, mwk buckler, mwk kukri, dust of tracelessness, 37 gp

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

You all step through the portal, feeling almost like you are pushing through water — though it is tingly rather than wet. You can feel an electric charge crackling along your scales as you push through to another world.

Then abruptly, the feeling is gone. You all fall about three feet onto the hard pavement in an abandoned twilight-lit alley.

Int or Wisdom Check DC 15:
This seems like a very odd place to put a portal to another world. Why would an invading force want to assemble here, in this ugly little alley?

As you look around, you see that you are right across from a boarded-up shop whose peeling sign reads “Organs and Sundries.” As you step out to peer beyond the alley to the streets beyond, you realize that you can feel the presence of the portal behind you. It is a feeling not unlike the itch of a phantom limb.

You realize that wherever you go in this city, you will always know where that portal is, so long as it is active. As creatures of the material plane, you are linked to it!

DC 18 Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft:
The portal is drawing power from some external force, most likely a magical focus item, and knows that such an item would only be effective within a range of a few miles.

You gaze out on to the street that lays beyond the alleyway, and notice that there is a great diversity to the people you see. Although half of them appear to be fetchlings, the other half appear to be from a wide variety of humanoid species unknown to you — some look like odd versions of humans, others look insectoid or even reptilian. Wherever you are, it is diverse.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Unlike cities of the Material Plane, the streets of Shadow Absalom are accommodating to most species—kobolds included. People wave at you, and don’t seem to bat an eye at seeing five kobolds and a “fetchling” walking together. With this fortuitous luxury to walk unmolested, you have the chance to chat with locals and learn about the local area.

Diplomacy, Knowledge (local or planes), or Perception check:

10+:
The city is called Shadow Absalom and is located on the Shadow Plane. As its name would suggest, the city rests at a coterminous point with Absalom's location on the Material Plane. The locals are used to strangers winding up in the city, by mistake or by odd turns of fortune.

15+:
The great wyrm umbral dragon Argrinyxia, the Shifting Lady of Ebon Scales, rules Shadow Absalom. By her decree, planar portals and gateways are prohibited within the borders of the city without her blessing. The sole exception is a stable planar portal located in the city's heart, a site that matches up with the Material Plane equivalent of Starstone Cathedral. Those lost in the Shadow Plane are urged to exit via the strange portal in the city's heart, as it always returns those who entered the Shadow Plane to their previous point of entry.

20+:
While dozens of factions operate within the planar city, two are of interest to the PCs' expedition. The Onyx Alliance maintains several safe houses and bases within the city. The alliance's headquarters is probably located somewhere within the city, though only its members know for sure. A second organization, known as the Light-Weavers' Guild, is comprised of several resident d'ziriak hives that make their living by adding luminescent accoutrements to clothing and armor. The light-weavers maintain a longstanding grudge against the Onyx Alliance, based on some past slight unknown to the people of Shadow Absalom.

25+:
One of Argrinyxia's lesser spawn—the wyrmling Shadrixis—has made some bargain with the forces of the Onyx Alliance. The exact details of the arrangement are unknown, but many suspect that the wyrmling has sought to spite his mother by assisting the Onyx Alliance. Others comment how Shadrixis stole one of his mother's scales, the key to opening planar portals in the city.

Please feel free to roleplay your inquiries and perceptions here!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Intelligence DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Well, that sure is a weird place for a portal. Why this dark alley, and why up so high? You're not going to assemble an invading army here, would you?"

Knowledge (arcana) DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Engashez, as the only one of the group that looks 'local,' takes the lead on gathering some information. She approaches other fetchlings that she sees and tries to learn more. She quickly realizes that even the kobolds won't seem out of place, and can freely converse with the locals without suspicion. She waves the others over to explain. "Okay, so, we're definitely in Shadow Absalom. Lots of fetchlings, of course, but lots of everything here--even more diversity than Absalom. Nobody will look at us twice!"

She considers dropping her disguise, but maintains it anyway, figuring it could still probe useful down the line. After a few more questions, she learns about the leadership of Shadow Absalom, and it's clearly got her excited. "It's ruled by an Umbral Dragon!" Engashez's excitement is so profound that her words become higher-pitched and rapid when talking about the dragon.

There's plenty more to reveal from the spoilers, but I'll give others a chance to roleplay before Engashez reveals more.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog smiles as the second bigfoot falls, hoping over its body as the blood begins to pool. He sees some potion vials peeking out of a belt and snatches them up as the others disappear through the portal. "Silly softscales, best they clear the riff raff before King Vanarog arrives!"

Int Check, DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
K Arcana, DC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

He heads through and falls to the ground with his floating disk in tow "This place is run by idiots! Bad place for portal, bad bad." He pays little attention to anything else until he sees other Kobolds walking around. Another Tribe! They will bend to my will, just as the others have!

As Engashez begins asking around nicely in her bigfoot form, Vanarog twirls his majestic cape around menacingly and strides towards the first Kobold he sees. He hops up on his disk to tower over the girl and begins yelling at her, denigrating her lowly self and bending her will to his. "You there with the dull scales and blank stare! Tell me of this place before my magic roasts you!" Intimidate vs Kobolds: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Hoping to use intimidate as gather info, I won't read any spoilers until you approve.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

wis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Some magic item must be powering that portal, and it must be within a few miles of here."

Skyrahk finds a group of kobolds other than the one Vanarog is harassing How like Vanarog _that_ is! to talk to, asking nice questions about the city.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 using +2 for talking to kobolds

"The Onyx Alliance and the Light-Weavers' Guild are the two factions we need to be aware of around here."


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

After venturing out to get some more information from another group of fetchlings, Engashez returns. "I was asking them about portals... and it seems that this Argrinyxia--the dragon!--prohibits portals without her blessing. Except one... it's in the city center. It would be the same place as our Starstone Cathedral. Apparently, it will always bring you back to where you entered Shadow Absalom."

"So," she says with excitement, "not only is our portal illegal, but we have a way out after we close it!"

She heads back out into the street to ask questions about the Onyx Alliance and the Light-Weavers' Guild.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Int check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Fazgyn looks around at the alley, then passes it from his mind. Much more concerning is where he is and what is going on! Tentatively, he ventures out into the crowds, asking questions and basking in the sudden welcome that he could never expect to see on the material plane! Hmm.. no need for slow fangs here.. but so much NEW in all this. So many things to explore! He is almost giddy in the chance to not only walk through "Absalom" freely, but to explore this new place.

As he moves among the townsfolk, he asks questions of his hosts, and they seem more than willing to help him along. Returning to his team, he says "There is a big fight between the leader, Argrinyxia, and her spawn. We may be looking for a scale of the umbral dragon that is powering this.. or we can go directly to the source and seek out this Argrinyxia and let her know what her kid is doing! Maybe she can close this thing and leave our tunnels alone!"

Turning to Engashez, he continues. "We should be careful of which of those two we try to talk to. The spawn that may have started all of this is allied with the Onyx faction. We need to either see the Light Weavers."


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun hits the ground and tumbles forward a few feet, before jumping to her feet and glaring around the place expecting hordes of enemy fetchlings, but surprised to find almost no one.

"Hmm, I would have expected to find an 'army' here. This just looks like and empty alley way." She takes a few moments to cautiously prod the walls, and gives a glad smile when Vanarog comes through. "Oi, mage! Can you check and make sure there's not hidden army around here?"

When she is finally convinnced that there is actually no enemies to be found here, most of the tension from Pethjun's shoulders disappears and she finally starts to realize what is going on here. "Well, we aren't going to find anything out by staying here!"

As the group first sets out, Pethjun insists on being at the front of the group, on guard and ready for a fight if needed. She keeps a sharp eye out for any threats and happens to find many notices and signs along the way, as well a picking up snippets of conversations here and there. There's a true trueblood here! I'd love to get her to acknowledge my strength! But if we bring her her wrymling, she might acknowledge our ability!

"From what I've heard, the Liht-Weavers might be the best place to go. If they've got a longstanding grudge they might know how to best hunt and hurt the Oynx Alliance"

__________
Wis check DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Vanarog intimidates one of the reptilian folks he meets, only to realize that she is not a kobold after all, but some other sort of little reptile person he had never met before. “Aaack! You’re in Shadow Absalom! Leave me alone, please and I’ll tell you what you want!”

I’ll let you read some spoilers, Vanarog.

Meanwhile, as you explore the city looking for the light weavers, it just gets weirder and weirder. You see a group of fetchlings in rags slump against the sealed entrance of a church bereft of iconography. Each of them partakes in a ritual involving crushing crystalline prisms that, when broken, emit vibrant, multicolored light. The light moves into the fetchling's eyes, absorbing like water down a drain. “Who-o-oa.” One of them lies back, staring up at the sky. “I have tasted the rainbow. Who knew there were so many flavors of light?’


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn looks on, weirded out completely by the scene before him. "Light hurts Sewer dragons eyes.. why would these creatures do that?!" he mutters to the others. After watching for another moment, he tentatively approaches the creatures. "You. What are you doing?? That doesn't hurt?!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

“It does at first,” one admits, his eyes swirling with rainbow colors, “but then you drink in the colors. Do you think that violet tastes bittersweet? It’s a bit like butterflies, but also a bit like despair.”

“We don’t have any more, or I’d let you taste too,” a female says in a dreamy voice. “The lightweavers are stingy, or we’d do this all the time.”

Heal Check, DC 15:
You have seen this sort of decadent behavior before on the streets of Absalom. These fetchlings are addicts, only their drug is not alcohol or a narcotic, but light. From the state of their health and their clothing, they have been doing this way too much.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun snorts at the fetchling's words. "What are you talking about?Violet looks like violet, though I don't like that color much. I like blood red on white better though. More inspiring. Though, I am glad you don't have any more to shine in our eyes! ...But the light weavers, you don't know where to find them do you?"

_________
Untrained heal check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

“No, silly. They find us.” The female fetchling giggles in an eerie and high-pitched fashion.

One fetchling points vaguely towards a set of empty streets in the distance. “They usually come from somewhere over there.”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Armed with an inexact direction to follow, you keep walking down the empty streets indicated. Meanwhile, in the distance you see a strange procession ahead of you. Four creatures of shadow, with chains and piercings all over their bodies, create an unerringly equidistant perimeter around a single elven child who skips along the empty streets of the city.

The child sings,

The world is just a bouncing ball
And I’m not really here at all

Above, the eye, it watches all
It sees us change, it sees us fall
And soon the eye will gather all

Her voice pauses to hum for a few minutes in a slightly off-key manner, then she sings again.

It’s coming, can you hear its call?
It stalks your dreams to take you thrall
It wants the planets one and all
It wants the planets one and all

The shadow creatures watch the child almost reverently as she sings. The procession is frustratingly elusive, as they always appear just at the edge of vision. As you hurry up to follow them, they seem like a dream to stretch further and further away, until they suddenly wink out into a distant darkness.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

You pause for a moment in the empty streets, wondering if you are going in the correct direction at all, and then you see a group coming towards you around the corner of an alley. They appear to be three well-equipped adventurers. One of them is a large well-armored man, guiding a glowing horse. Another is a dark looking duergar woman covered in scars, and the third is an elven female with rich brown skin carrying a small astrolabe that spins.

The large man hails you. “Hello, I am Sir Melnas, and these are my companions. My noble steed, Yong, and the fair maidens, Unbroken and Larinar!” Both of the dark skinned ‘fair maidens’ roll their eyes at his introduction but don’t protest. “I do say... We appear to be a bit, er, lost. Would you fine dragons know the way to the center of this town? We have heard rumors that there may be a portal there.”

He glances at you, hopefully.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 What very silly person makes a cleric without even one rank in heal?

"No, we don't know the way, we just arrived here." Skyrahk tells the silly pinkskins, hoping they just go away.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 6/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Heal, DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Vanarog stares into the eyes of the softscales and waves his hand at them dismissively "Drunks! On rainbows! Useless, lets go." He walks along with his staff of dragons in the direction they indicated.

As they get closer to the man on the horse and his ladies, Vanarog squints his eyes in suspicion Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 "I AM a fine dragon, its good that you noticed. We are going to the center of it all."


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Heal DC 15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Engashez is curious about these light-drinkers, but allows herself to be dragged away. "Drunks, yes, though a very interesting way of doing it. Curious." Her words in response to Vanarog come out almost absent-mindedly, as her thoughts have never left the dragon that runs this town since they heard of it. Her eyes drift to the sky as they walk, as if expecting to see it aloft, surveying its domain, at any moment.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Fazgyn looks at the newcomers suspiciously.. but seeing as how they aren't asking about the portal they came through, he can't see how they would be too much of a threat.

"I don't know where it is. Have you seen the Light Weavers?"


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun gives the drunkards a flat, unemotional glance. "That's not very helpful, but it's better than nothing." With a sniff she heads off in the direction they indicated.

___________________

As she listens to the elven child' song, Pethjun turns to Fazgyn next to her. "That bigfoot hatchling seems to have a warped sense of reality. She doesn't make a lick of sense."

____________________

As the group of adventurers approaches, Pethjun immediately bristles, knowing what a group of people who'd likely be a threat immediately. Eyes narrowed she tries to size up the group, especially the man who seems to be the strongest of three. "No, we don't. We don't even know where we are."


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk starts asking anyone who looks likely to answer her questions where they can find the Light Weavers.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 25/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 8/9  | Extracts 1st 3/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity, Bomber's Eye.  

I am so sorry for the lack of participation the last few days, my apologiese for that, but things have returned to normal and I will be more present in the situations forward.

Catchup Rolls:

Raw Intelligence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Spellcraft take 10: 10 + 10 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Athrax is completely preplexed by this whole situation at hand. One minute they are in the sewers, Athrax is doing what he does best, and the next they are in some place called Shadow Absalom on the shadow plane it seems. Prople here are riding the Color Spectrum Wave.

As the adveutring group approaches Athrax grips his spear tightly, more in preparation for defense then actually fighting.

Unsure of the large man speaking to the Dragons, Athrax listens to his words carefully and tries to recall what he can about this particular pinkskin as he scratches his chin.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Know. Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Giving a sigh as the boisterous and likely trueblood killing man doesn't seem to just go away, Pethjun takes a disgruntled look around the place hoping to find something that might get the dreaded 'adventurers' away.

Sadly she's too short to see much more than the buildings around her. "Damnable city with it's more maze-like-than-a-sewer layout ..."

______________________
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"What kind of a name is 'Unbroken?'" Longlegs so silly...

"Regardless, we are also looking for a portal; we haven't found it yet either."
________________
Hmm, is everything okay? I can't tell if we're waiting on you or you're waiting on more from us.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Ouch, sorry! I wound up Overseeing 8-99A live yesterday, and much of my brain power for the past three days was creating handouts and briefing the GMs, many of whom we’re GMing their very first special.

But back to the game...

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

“Er... Lightweavers?” Sir Melnas looks surprised.

“What sort of name is ‘Unbroken’?” Unbroken repeats the question, surprised. “It is not a name. It is what I AM. I am unbreakable. Are you?” Although the words could have been threatening, it is clear that Unbroken is not meaning them so, but is genuinely curious.

“We’re wasting time,” Larinar says, impatiently. “They are lost. We are lost. We need to find someone el—” Larinar breaks off as the light around you shimmers, and an insectoid steps out through the bend in the light.

Sir Melnas raises an eyebrow and mouths a word to Fazgyn.

Linguistics or Sense Motive 15:
Lightweaver?

Perhaps this one can be of service, lost ones. This one is called Y'zilix. Please accept this one’s humble apology. The creature’s antennae droop as the telepathic voice hits all your minds at once. This one needed to make certain that you were not Onyx Alliance before approaching.

Then Y'zilix hands Larinar a ball of light. Let this guide you to the place you seek. The dragons and Y'zilix must talk.

Larinar’s face lights up, quite literally, as she holds up the glowing globe. “I know the way! I know the way! Hurry! Aslynn’s minions are not far behind, and we must make haste to Galisemni.”

Knowledge Planes:
Galisemni is a city adrift in the Maelstrom, the primary chaotic neutral plane. They are as far afield as you are.

“Farewell, Dragons,” Sir Melnas waves. “I hope you find what you seek!”

Y’zilix nods politely as the trio takes off. It is only when they are out of sight that she turns back to you.

There. Now we may talk, dragons. I am sure you must have questions, as do I.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk steps forward to talk to Y'zilix. He motions to the talky minion to come with him.

[b]"Greetings, Y'zilik. I am Skyrahk, humble servant of Dahak the destroyer. This is Engashez, a sewer dragon skilled in speech. The others are also honored members of our tribe. You appear to be searching for us. Can you tell us more about this place, or the portal that brought us here?


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

SM: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Fazgyn recoils, grabbing for his blades as the creature steps out of nowhere to appear in their midst. His reaction turns to considering flight as the voice speaks in his head. He is just about at the point of gibbering when the knight catches his attention. Wide eyed, Fazgyn shrugs in confusion at the man, then immediately forgets him as the other party rides off.

As the voice in his head explains itself, he begins to relax a bit but is still completely freaked out by this new sensation. He watches thankfully as Skyrahk takes the creature off to the side, away from him.


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 27/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Well met, Y'zilik. You have a flair for the dramatic; that's nice."

Engashez drops her disguise; she suspects that a creature that can speak directly into her mind can probably see through that disguise anyway.

"We certainly have questions... and speaking for myself, I'm very intrigued by your appearance here and the questions that brings." Engashez smiles. "Shadow Absalom has proved to be a fascinating place in only a short time. So, tell us, how is it that you know of us, and what is it that we can do to help you?"

"And how does that help us?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

This one is happy to answer your questions, Honorable Talky Minion. Y’zilik politely nods to Engashez, using the honorific that Skyrahk had bestowed upon the bard. We are of a group opposed to the Onyx Alliance. The Alliance is about conquest, ruthless exploitation of the planes. They seek domination, not balance. They seek to rule not just here, but in your lands as well.

Y’zilik points to herself as she bows. This one was assigned the duty of watching the portal that your group used to arrive, for that portal was created by the Onyx Alliance. This One was tasked with hampering the troops that they brought, but you Dragons were a surprise. This one had to watch in secret, lest the Onyx Alliance find out and set to destroy the Light Weavers.

The tyrants of the Onyx Alliance disregard the rules of our city's matron, the great Argrinyxia. She has forbidden the creation of any planar gateways without her express consent—consent only given in the form of one of her vaunted scales. Unable to retrieve such a blessing on their own, the alliance managed to trick one of great Argrinyxia's whelplings into stealing such a scale.

Y’zilik clicks its mandibles as if in distaste as such a dishonorable action. Now, that misbegotten child, the wyrmling Shadrixis, has been gifted a lair as an offering from the Onyx Alliance. Were you to retrieve the scale and slay the whelping, then it would be a simple matter to close the portal that intrudes on your world. Of course, this would also accomplish the goals of the Light Weavers.

Honorable Talky Minion and Noble Dragons... Can you do this thing?


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"Will Arginyxia not seek our destruction if we harm her child?"


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn cycles through several emotions as the conversation goes on. At the end, he pipes in "Could we not just go to Argrinyxia herself and tell her what has happened? She can take her broodling in hand, close the portal, and all without angering any great masters.. All while serving all of our purposes."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Y’zilik inclines her antennae to Skyrahk. Arginyxia is not just a mother, she is a monarch. Shadrixis has betrayed her, seeking power at her expense.

Then she turns to Fazgyn. As for going to Argrinyxia herself... She would prefer that this matter be handled quietly. Her child has conspired with one group from the material plane. It would only be fitting if his punishment had come from the same illegal portal that he set up.

The insectoid pauses, spinning a ball of light in her hands as she considers. If you are worried about slaying the wyrmling, you could attempt to make him see reason. If he were to turn over the scale and close the portal himself, perhaps our matron Arginyxia could see to someday forgiving his trespasses against her. But this one warns you, Shadrixis is haughty and full of himself. This one does not see him being persuaded easily, but perhaps you, as fellow dragons, might manage it.

Whatever you do, you must stop him. Close the portal and collect the scale. This is what all of us wish.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn nods at the telepathic reply. As he spends more time in this odd conversation with no negative effects, he is slowly relaxing.

"As you say then. Where is this creature's lair?"


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"We will do this."


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // Skitter Shot // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga // Scoured Stars Invasion MapsPlayer Folder

Thank you, honored Dragons. Y’zilik bows again. The umbral wyrmling is like most children of his species, indolent and insufferable. As a dragon, he wishes to be fawned over, but despises his lesser role in the great machine of Shadow Absalom. As for his dwelling, the Onyx Alliance provided for him a great spire to roost upon—a spire built on a hive of my people, destroyed by the alliance during one of their many expansions in the city.

The sphere of light in Y’zilik’s hands turns violet, and you can feel the emotions spilling out from it. For a moment, you understand why the fetchling light addicts would have said that the color tastes of both butterflies and despair. Then the colors rapidly shift again to a strong and resolute blue. This one can only guide you to the lair of Shadrixis. We cannot risk our involvement being discovered by the Onyx Alliance.

With those words, the emissary of the light weavers spins a cloak of light around you all. You still see the city, but now through a gossamer shimmer of light. Before you go, this one would like you to give you the opportunity to rest before you must face the dragon. Will you accept the hospitality of Y’zilik’s people? We can provide beds and nourishment. What do dragons such as yourself eat?


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

"Its been a long day, meat would be a great idea!!!" Fazgyn says, flicking his long tongue over his draconic maw and sharp teeth.


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

"We would be honored to be your guests. Sneaky Minion is right, we are accustomed to eating meat."

I hope I'm not offending anyone with the minion nicknames...

301 to 350 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.