Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

GM Mentoring LoungeDungeon Master S’s True Dragons

Maps & Handouts


251 to 300 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

I don't know if I can act again, but if I can, Pethjun will ready an action to flee tactically retreat to just past the pit trap if they trigger the bomb trap.

Catching sight of Athrax moving closer to the men, Pethjun has a momentray flash of fear the alchemist might steal some of her kills, but also a moment of worry the tribe might be short a cheif alchemist agian. She decides to starts increasing her taunting, even flicking her mighty tail into view a couple of times.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Athrax readies his fire breath. Pethjun readies a tactical retreat!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

It’s team Blakros’s turn!

With Rojo dead, and Raegrath not looking in his direction, Gris runs in the other direction! “I’m not being paid enough for this!”

This will trigger an attack of opportunity from Fazgyn.

Raegrath pushes in front of Morado, and yells. “CHALLENGE ME, will you? Very well, I’ll give you your death wish!”

He charges forward, into Athrax’s breath weapon!

Reflex Save, Raegrath: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Reflex Save, Morado: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Morado dies instantly, but Raegrath keeps charging forward...

Axe Trap: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Over the bomb...

Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9

...where he finally explodes!

And the robed guys turn tail and run!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

What do you do?

MEANWHILE, A DAMAGE TALLY

Damage tracker:
Raegrath the Unpleasant: -9
Rose: DEAD
Azul: DEAD
Morado: DEAD
Orange-Robed Sorcerer: Full (Running)
Brown-Robed Sorcerer: -1 (Running)
Red Guard: DEAD
Grey Guard: -2 (Running)


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

To my Kobold Team:

Oh good lord it has been eight days. So... I am definitely at risk of having my own game declared abandoned. Urk.

On the plus side, scenario support for OutPost has been finished. Some VO stuff crept up that we had to deal with, but you don’t want excuses! You want this game to move! Let me see if I can move y’all forward a little.

Thank you for being patient with me.

Your friend,

Hmm

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog listens with a smile quickly spreading across his face as the sounds of screaming men echo through the passageways only to come to a stop. He heads out for a view of the main cavern to see a fleeing guard. "Leaving so soon bigfeet? You sure you don't want to stay for dinner?"

With a twirl of his finger the gray guard starts to feel dizzy. Real dizzy. Casting daze, Will Save DC13


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez continues to send the sound of her drums through the tunnels, inspiring her companions (and--if not causing fear exactly--certainly providing some ambiance to the tunnels). She moves closer to the main tunnel that leads to the murky lake, and retrieves a scroll from her bag.

Actions:

Free: inspire courage
Move: 15'
Standard: retrieve scroll of grease

PRD wrote:
Inspire Courage (Su): A 1st-level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard's performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.

Inspire Courage: +1
Bardic Performance: 5/13 rounds remaining
Heroism (Athrax): CL5, 30/50 minutes remaining
Heroism (Pethjun): CL5, 30/50 minutes remaining


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk cackles a bit to see the silly pinkskins running away.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax bounds through the tunnels Cheeks bulging hold back another great gout of fire. He give a kurt thumbs up as he passes by some of his other comrades in scales ending up on the overhang above where the silly bigfeet will need to pass under he hunkers low to the ground he waits rather impatiently ready to flambe the retreating clothys as they pass below him.

BBQ Big Feet:

Fire Dmg DC 15 for Half: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) = 14


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

As the second of the bigfeets turns tail to run, Fazgyn lashes out at him with his sword, cursing the bigfeets that dare to invade his domain and then be too cowardly to stand and fight!
"Get back here! You die like the rest!!" he yells out after the retreating man!

Aoo: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Dmg?: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If that did not hit:
Cursing his ill timed swing and the well placed dodge of the man, Fazgyn tears after the retreating soldier!
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22
Dmg: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

15' move to approach retreating soldier, Red "X".

If that DID hit:
Fazgyn lets loose a howl of exultation, blood lust burning bright in his eyes and gnashing teeth! He moves forward, calling for his companions to join him! "After the bigfeet! They will not escape!!"

He moves forward and into the main cavern, cutting off the remaining guards beside the putrid lake of refuse!
In this case, advancing to Blue "X", swords ready!


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun, hearing the roars and screams from around the corner, sticks her head out to see what is happening. She is just in time to catch the two men running away from the fight with a wide and malicious grin she sprints after the two shouting loudly and using her tail to create even more of a ruckus.

"Oh, run, run you puny bigfeet! I'm still gonna catch you and polke you full of holes." She rounds the corner in time to almost catch the men, her rapier and shield in hand and grin in place.

_________________
Double move, Scare tactics!


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Varanog attempts to daze Gris.

Grey Guard Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The grey guard shakes off the dizziness of the daze!

Then Fazgyn hits him twice as he follows the grey guard through the tunnels!

Meanwhile, Athrax attempts to fry the two guys in robes!

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

They turn to dust and ash!

The guard turns to face Fazgyn....

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

...but his blade misses!

There is just one guy left. Finish him!


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Athrax will drop down from the overhang using the rubble to slide down. He runs around the corner and before the guard will have a chance he spews for the remaining belch of fire he has let.

Fire Dmg DC 15 for Half: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

“Gah!”

He is still up!


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk moves to where she can see the silly pinkskin. double move


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn gives the bigfeet an evil smile, tongue flicking between his pointed draconic maw. He lets out a joyous roar as his blades flick out at the human, too quick for the eye to see more than just a glimpse of silver.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Dmg 1: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Dmg 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

No need for a retcon, but I just noticed I rolled the AOO with my two handed to hit bonus instead of my single attack bonus of +9!

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog gives the man the evil eye as he resists his insanely powerful magic Well fine then!

He slings a gob of acid at him Ranged Touch, Acid Splash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d3 ⇒ 3


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Gris goes down! Combat is over! What do you do next?


Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk looks over her minions to see if anyone is hurt.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn crows with exaltation as the last of the invaders fall under the teams weapons. He looks about at the others, asking "Anyone hurt? We should see if anything useful on the bodies.. then see what we do next!"

If no one is hurt, Fazgyn begins rummaging through the bodies, trying to find anything useful.


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax wipes the soot and ash from his mouth as the Kobolds regroup. "Cough... Yes we should see if the stupid big feets have anything of value." Athrax assists Fazgyn with picking through the bodies.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun looks on as the stragglers of the group quickly get taken care of. She turns to the far wall and gives the closest thing a kobold face can achieve to a pout, before turning to the group. "Good work! See what can happen when you have such a competent chief strategist! I didn't even have to act this time."

Slightly mollified by her grandstanding, Pethjun then heads back to the area where the half=orc and friends ended up charging and exploding, picking over any remains and resetting any of the traps that could be. After a moment or two of that, an idea starts to resurface in her head. meeting up with everyone else she asks, "Didn't Hats's new friend say something about having to close the portal?"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Loot:
potion of bull's strength, potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of enlarge person (CL 3rd); three cure light potions, arrows, scrolls of disguise self (2), scrolls of shield (2), wand of sleep (11 charges), alchemist's fire (2)

______

Indeed, you vaguely remember that Drandle Dreng charged you with going through the portal, then closing it!

As you return, you notice that the portal has suddenly become active. Sparks of vibrant green light dance off the portal's frame, while arcs of similarly colored lightning sputter forth. A strong actinic stench fills the area surrounding the portal as the rungs between the rods enliven, creating a series of tears in the space. The tears coalesce into a roughly square threshold of pitch black, held in place by the portal frame's twin rods.

You catch a vague glimpse of the wyrmling taking off into the muted sky of the shadow city. As you peer into the portal, you also notice the outlines of two humanoids shimmering there...

What do you do? Place yourselves within sight of the portal, please!


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Combing through the pile of goodies looted off of the bigfeet, Fazgyn takes hold of one of the flasks of Alchemist's fire, and one of the Cure Light potions while leaving the magical trinkets for those that can use them.

Returning to the portal, Fazgyn starts as he sees the difference the few hours have made in the thing. He grabs his swords, and tentatively steps forward, wrinkling his nose at the unusual and unpleasant smell permeating from the activating magic. His eyes widen as he catches a glimpse of the city within.. then harden as he notices the two figures lurking near the portal.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Not sure where the portal is on this map.. or is there another slide?


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

I have marked it on the map — it is by the area the fetchlings were guarding.


”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun grabs the potion of Bull's Strength and Cure Moderate Wounds. claiming, "I'm the front lines of the group I could use the stronger healing, and nobody else in the group has use for being stronger."

At the portal the kobold's muzzle splits into a smile as her tail starts to lash back and forth. "Well this is more like it! Hopefully I will finally get to find some enemies worth fighting. I say we charge 'em and take them by surprise!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez claims a cure light wounds potion along with a scroll of shield, the wand, and the remaining alchemist's fire

Remaining Loot:

potion of enlarge person (CL 3rd); one cure light potion, arrows, scrolls of disguise self (2), scroll of shield

Standing in front of the portal, Engashez sees the wyrmling take flight above the city in the distance and gasps. Is today the day I meed a true dragon?"

Just a reminder that heroism is still active on Athrax and Pethjun; there should be just a smidge under a half-hour remaining for both.

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Taking shield scroll and a disguise self

Vanarog heads up to take a look at the portal "Let those of majestic lineage take a closer look at this portal. That bigfoot Dreng was probably wrong about how to deactivate it!"

K Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez lends her eye to Vanarog's examination.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

She's surprised to see so much misinterpretation by the greatest living kobold wizard. "No, you see, you have to look at the context... this symbol means the opposite here. It's the accent mark there that makes the difference; you see that, right?"

Sensing Vanarog's pride rising up, she quickly tries to calm it. "No, don't misunderstand me! I never would have made the connection to the alchemical symbology if you hadn't pointed that out! It was the melding of our unique knowledge that solved this puzzle... assuming I we solved it at all!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

I just placed some of you to keep this moving... If you don’t like your placement, feel free to move.

Engashez discovers to her excitement that the portal becomes active just as she starts pointing out the symbols! Did she do something already? One of the figures seems to vanish, but the other coalesces into a human looking figure who steps through the portal.

“Is everyone here and rea—” Then the man stops. “I say... Who are you chaps?” He smiles, disarmingly. “I’m Jegan and you are most definitely not the folks that I was expecting!”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Dahak 4 | HP 29/29 | AC18, T12, F17 | F+6 R+4 W+8 | Init +5, Perc +5

Skyrahk waits for the nice little talky minion to start things off.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

When the human-looking figure approaches through the portal, and expresses surprise at seeing kobolds instead of the humans he was expecting, Engashez quickly activates her hat of disguise, making herself look the leader they'd so recently vanguished... the one whose voice she'd heard resonating through the tunnels so recently, most importantly.

I sure hope he wasn't looking directly at me when I did that, or this is junk before it starts.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 (To make the change unnoticed?)

She calls out loudly, drawing the man's gaze to her. "We were beset by this group of kobolds. Tricksy beasts, traps all over the place, but we beat 'em. Quick, help me tie them up!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

She smacks Pethjun in the middle of her lower back, wanting to hold the warrior's hands behind her back to support the ruse, but happy if Pethjun just swats back as if to swat a fly... it would give the same look, at least for the moment they needed to keep the longlegs from crossing back and sounding any alarm.


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Fazgyn snorts as Vanarog and Engashez go back and forth over the meanings of the symbols, and keeps his eyes on the creatures. As the one steps through the portal, He growls and starts forward.. until Engashez makes her play. Following her lead, he moves his hannds away from the hilts and bends over.

"Don't hurt beaten kobolds!" he cries out in common, distaste souring his mouth. "We lost. You masters of tunnels now."
Bluff?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Pethjun” | Female LE Small Kobold Fighter 4 | HP 34/34 | AC 22, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18 | F +5 R +3 W +2; +1 vs. fear | Init +2 |  Perc +7, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Frost Spitter 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Pethjun smiles haughtily as the humanoid shows some surprise at being surrounded by kobolds. She starts to open her mouth to tell the big foot off about their impudence at building a portal in the Sewer Dragon's tunnels, when she gets cut off by Engashez. Pethjun turns to glare at the weaker true dragon who was being so uppity, but the disguise and the words she is saying sink in and Pethjun realizes what is happening.

Deflating slightly, the white kobold tries to back up Engashez's words, but the loathsome nature makes her words come out flat and sound almost mechanical in nature. "He is right. We weak. Get captured. Oh woe is us."

The glare promising death that she gives Engashez, though, isn't faked one bit.
_____________
Bluff aid another, Heroism: 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 2 = 2


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Athrax realizing that the group is feigning defeat he falls to the floor on his knees. Speaking in broken common "You.. Beat us... out smart our traps." Athrax sighs heavily looking up towards the "Leader" that bested us.

Bluff, Assist: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog's eyes grow wide as Engashez starts telling HIM what the portal does or doesn't do. "You think you know more about magic than ME? Just because you read scrigglin lines different, it was VANAROG who made that portal work! You are just trying to steal the credit, making these softscales believe you with your smooth words!"

He continues to argue at the back of his head as the bigfoot heads through the now active portal, making no attempt at playing along other than being righteously pissed off and not trying to hide it. Intimidate vs Engashez: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Jegan looks around, biting his lip. “Raegrath the Unpleasant, yes? So you personally beat these kobolds after they slaughtered your entire team? Because otherwise... Where are your team members, Raegrath?”

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

He drums his fingers. “You lot are smooth talkers alright, but something about this does not add up. Raegrath, are you working with these kobolds, perchance? I would not blame you, given that your own team got themselves killed.”

He looks around, eyes sharp. “If I had met a team of kobolds that could knock out not just one but TWO invading teams, I might consider hiring them away from whatever petty little allegiances they have pledged themselves too. Who are you lot working for? I can pay better, and since I see that you already suborned dear Raegrath, I might as well get him back by hiring you.”

Sense Motive, DC 15:
Jegan is stalling here. He keeps looking to his side, as if waiting for a signal to attack from someone else.


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Sense Motive DC 15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Engashez, in her natural voice (but keeping up the disguise, because, why not?) yells "It's a trap; attack!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Engashez calls out the warning, and suddenly Jegan knows the gig is up! Since both sides were pretty wary of one another, there is no surprise round, just regular initiative as everyone reaches for their weapons at once!

“Well, Raegrath, let’s see how long you last with these lizards... You traitor! They best turn on you too!” Jegan snarls.

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Athrax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative, Engashez: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Initiative, Fazgyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Initiative, Pethjun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative, Skyrahk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative, Vanarog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Initiative, Jegan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Initiative, Renza: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Round 1
Active conditions: None!

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Jegan and Surprise!

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethun
Athrax

================================

BOLD IS UP!

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Finally seeing the seriousness of the situation, his quick wits and spellcasting takes over. He points a claw at the pink man in the portal and twirls his finger around, hoping to disorient the man for a few moments. "Look here bigfoot, don't interrupt!"

Casting Daze on Jegan, Will Save DC15. 13 if he has his Dex bonus.

Bloodline:

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever Varanog casts a spell against a creature that is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, increase that spell's DC by +2.


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Jegan’s Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The mighty arcane power of Vanarog befuddles Jegan, and the man finds himself unable to move!

Round 1
Active conditions: None!

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Surprise
Jegan (dazed!)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethun
Athrax

================================

FAZGYN IS UP!


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

As Engashez calls out the warning, Fazgyns demenor changes back to his normal surly dominance. With glee, he rips his swords out of their sheaths and takes a step to strike at the man before him. He crows with glee as at least one of his swords comes back bloodied!

Five ft step, full attack
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dmg??: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (2, 4) = 12
Dmg: 1d4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5, 1) = 11


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Fazgyn strikes the dazed Jegan for eleven points of damage! Then another figure appears from invisibility and stabs at Fazgyn. It is grey and shadowy.

Kukri Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Unfortunately for her, she was counting on her partner to provide a flank, and she misses.

If you attack Renza roll your 50% miss chance!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions: None!

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance)
Jegan (dazed, -11)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethun
Athrax

================================

BOLD IS UP!


”Engashez” | Female LE Small Kobold Bard (dragon yapper) 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 13 | F +3 R +6 W +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +1 | Perc +2, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 12/13 | Spells 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Engashez, still fitted up to look like ol' Raegrath, begins pounding on her drum, urging the kobolds to glory. "Fight, my little Sewer Dragons; bring us victory!"

Actions:

Standard: start Inspire Courage

PRD wrote:
Inspire Courage (Su): A 1st-level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard's performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.

Inspire Courage: +1
Bardic Performance: 4/13 rounds remaining
Heroism (Athrax): CL5, ~30/50 minutes remaining
Heroism (Pethjun): CL5, ~30/50 minutes remaining

Dark Archive

”Varanog” | Male LE Small Kobold Sorcerer 4 | HP 26/26 | AC (20)16, T 15, FF 12 | CMD 12| F +2 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +3, Darkvision | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 4/4 Reach 3/3 | Trap Rune 6/6 | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity

Vanarog smiles with delight as bigfeet succumbs to his overwhelming power. "Ooo you brought a friend, him too, him too!"

He repeats his finger twirling motion at the blurry newcomer. Daze, will save DC13

He looks around to the other Kobolds in the room and shouts 'encouragement' at them "Why so slow softscales? Kill the bigfeet quick quick!"


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

Renza’s Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Well, then... This will go quick...

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions: Inspire Courage on Team,
Shadow Blend on Renza

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance, Dazed)
Jegan (dazed, -11)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethun
Athrax

================================

BOLD IS UP! Remember your inspire courage bonuses!


”Athrax” | Male LE Small Kobold alchemist (alchemical trapper) 4  | HP 29/29 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +8 W +2; +2 vs. paralysis, poison, and sleep | Init +3 |  Perc +9, Darkvision  | Speed 30ft | Bombs 9/9  | Extracts 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | Mutagen 1/1 Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.  

Not to be that devious but by chance would the proximity of Renza next to my previously placed bomb trap activate it?

If So:

BOOM! RTA vs. Renza: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 29
Fire DMG: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 = 15 DC 15 for half
Splash DMG: 5 = 5

Regardless
Athrax moves about the cramped space hugging the wall saying "Stupid Big feets." pulling his spear from his side and stabbing at the first one.
+1 Short Spear, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 22
Piercing DMG, IC: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Botting Pethjun

Stepping up to the lying bigfoot Pethjun Growls and stabs at the man while swinging her tail around to catch him in the kidney.

Mechanics:

Misc Action
5ft Step up

+1 rapier, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 4 + 1 = 32
Piercing DMG, IC: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

mwk razored tail, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Slashing, IC: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

The bomb is indeed triggered on Renza! KA-POW! Although it misses Renza it still does splash damage! Athrax then spears Jegan in the back! Then Pethjun makes him DEAD.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1 / 2
Active conditions: Inspire Courage on Team,
Shadow Blend on Renza

Fazgyn
Vanagog

================================

Renza (Shadow Blend — 50% Miss Chance, Dazed, -5)
Jegan (DEAD)

================================

Engashez
Skyrahk
Pethjun
Athrax

================================

BOLD IS UP! Remember your inspire courage bonuses! Skyrahk and Fazgyn are up!


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Skyrahk
Skyrahk lashes out with her dagger, then falls back from the shadowy form that appeared next to her.
Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 59
Dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Fazgyn
As Skyrahk steps back, Fazgyn moves in on the addition, blades flashing.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 52
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Dmg: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Venture Captain, Play-by-Post "Doom Girl" // PbP Events // Play-by-Post Gameday 7 // // PbP GM Kit // // Kobolds in Kaer Maga

It would be easy to five foot step into flank... Do you do so?


”Fazgyn”| Male LE Small Kobold Unchained Rogue 4 | HP 29/29 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 (+2 vs trap) | CMD 15 | F +2 (+1 vs trap) R +8 (+2 vs trap) W +1 (+1 vs trap) | Init +5 | Perc +9 (+1 vs being surprised), Darkvision, Trapfinding | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: Light sensitivity.

Yes, I do. I was attacking the wrong icon!! This also negates Skyrahk's attack. Instead, can she draw a scroll of bless and cast it?

Moving into flank also adds Attack 1: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Attack 2: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

251 to 300 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm’s True Dragons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.