Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hewy's Council of Thieves Campaign

Game Master littlehewy


101 to 150 of 651 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Teifling Ranger/2

Bark will continue to scout ahead 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Bark perception to hear the conversation?1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Barbarian 2
Quote:
”We won’t have time to stop and rest once we get going – the Hellknights will make short work of this door, then they’ll be swarming through these tunnels after us. Then there’s the shadow beasts. I have enough healing potions for all here. Who would like a couple?”

"I will Janiven" Berrin says whilst having his hand out.

"I will also be behind Bark for I am light footed and he will need some back up if he walks into anyting unexpected"
I will travel next to Bark in the pecking order but i reckon Attris would be next in line :)
Quote:
it seems that Morosino escaped and unwittingly led the Hellknights to Vizio’s – it’s alright Morosino, but you must learn from this mistake

So thats why the Hell knights came to our secret meeting

Berrin walks over to Janiven before setting off down the passage and stands towering over her.
"I couldnt work out why the Hellknights came and now I know. Forgive me."
Without waiting for a response he turns and walks over to Bark and places his hand on his shoulder.
"lets be off Bark"
Stealth roll1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


EARLIER...

Berrin Earthbreaker wrote:
Quote:
”We won’t have time to stop and rest once we get going – the Hellknights will make short work of this door, then they’ll be swarming through these tunnels after us. Then there’s the shadow beasts. I have enough healing potions for all here. Who would like a couple?”

"I will Janiven" Berrin says whilst having his hand out.

"I will also be behind Bark for I am light footed and he will need some back up if he walks into anyting unexpected"
I will travel next to Bark in the pecking order but i reckon Attris would be next in line :)

Janiven nods tersely and hands Berrin three potions. She checks the sack and takes two out for herself, putting them in her belt. "I shouldn't need many, I'm more effective with a bow than up front."

NOW...

Quote:
Quote:
it seems that Morosino escaped and unwittingly led the Hellknights to Vizio’s – it’s alright Morosino, but you must learn from this mistake

So thats why the Hell knights came to our secret meeting

Berrin walks over to Janiven before setting off down the passage and stands towering over her.
"I couldnt work out why the Hellknights came and now I know. Forgive me."
Without waiting for a response he turns and walks over to Bark and places his hand on his shoulder.
"lets be off Bark"

As Berrin faces Janiven and starts to speak, the diminutive woman opens her mouth angrily, but as he speaks a surprised look comes over her face. When he turns away from her Janiven is left with her mouth agape, as if slightly in shock at the big barbarian's apology. She shuts her mouth, opens it again, then wordlessly nods and continues forward as Berrin moves to the front of the main pack.

Ok, so we have Bark 40' in front scouting followed by Berrin, Attris, Janiven, Morosino, with Benni bringing up the rear. Stealth rolls for those that haven't made them yet. Don't forget you can take 10 if you're not in combat or a likewise stressful situation.


Or does Berrin wish to scout with Bark?


Male Teifling Ranger/2

travel with me young warrior.....i could certainly use the back up if we come across anything foul and hideous Bark says invitingly.

this should keep him and Janiven apart while they cool down, last thing we need is internal fighting....to perish to such foolery would be.....foolish....

but i fear you you may not be able to keep up. i have the ability to see in the dark whilst you human folk do not. There are not many positives to becoming a teifling but this is one.

perhaps you could stay back just in the spread of Janivens light and have my back from a distance. Be sure to have your senses tuned.

id suggest Berrin stay 20ft behind me and 20ft (extent of the light???) in front of the group?

oh and i am happy to take 10's on stealth 10 + 9 = 19


Male Teifling Ranger/2

oh gm above stats i had back to front (top of page)+5 to perception +9 to stealth


No probs.

As the party continues on, the sewerage stream crosses underneath a short bridge made of planks, and the walkway switches to the right of the tunnel, with the sewerage flowing along on your left. Up ahead, you all see Bark slow down somewhat, although why, you're not sure.


Bark:
As you creep along in the dim light, the tunnel opens out in a large room-like junction.

Map (you are approaching from the bottom of the page)

Some thirty feet above your head in the middle of the junction, a grilled storm drain lets in a shaft of orange light from the street above. The pool of sewer waste to your right bubbles quietly, and fungus covers most of the floor.

[ooc]And no, you couldn't even hear the conversation, let alone make it out.


M Halfling Bard 2

"What should we know about these Hell Knights, Janiven? Do they work for House Thrune?"

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Never mind, you can tell me later. Looks like Bark's spotted something."


Male Teifling Ranger/2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Barks is bow is taken from his hands and slithered away with his tail and draws his sword with his free hands.
if there is something there knowledge Dung
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Benni:
I reckon the Players' Guide says something about them. Check that out. Apart from that, Janiven will assume you know of them but not much about them as tou're a halfling ex-slave.

"No, they don't work directly for House Thrune, but they do have a long-standing... agreement. They have their own code, and this particular Order, the Order of the Rack, concerns itself mostly with traitors, rebels, and other disturbers of the civic peace. Their methods are usually, ah, uncompromising...." She breaks off at Benni's last statement.


Bark:
You can't see anything particularly threatening. Perception check again please - oh, that was the roll at the top was it?


Male Teifling Ranger/2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
also looking for traps? anything dodgy? ie bad steps or gushing water etc


Male Teifling Ranger/2

gm:
is that a timber crossing in the middle top?


Behind the Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 18
1d6 ⇒ 6

Bark:
Bark: Yep, a plank bridge.
Also, you can just make out a chalk sword pointing down the tunnel to the right.


Is the rest of the group stopping or moving up to join Bark? Berrin, I believe you're in front.

Also, many apologies, but I said the tunnels were 10' wide, when in fact they're only 5' wide. Duh.


Male Teifling Ranger/2

bark lowers his sword (Attris should be able to see this with his orcish darkvision) and waves the others slowly to signify they should keep following.

gm:
I will keep to the wall on the lower then right side keeping the pool of bubbling sewerage in front of me looking out to the room.


Bark's motion signalling you forward is clearly visible to all, as he is a black silhouette in the low glow of the junction room.

Then you all hear the crashing of the barred door some hundred yards behind you, as well as raised, angry voices.


Male Teifling Ranger/2
Berrin Earthbreaker wrote:
Sorry my bad should of posted as Berrin that feature s@!#s me!!

when you edit your post next you have the option to make this char your default. Only just saw the option :)


Main pack: You all see Bark slide around the corner and out of sight, to his right.


M Halfling Bard 2

Benni, and everyone else I assume, creeps forward in silence towards Bark.

Stealth1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Just noticed I get a +4 to Stealth for being small!


Main pack: As you creep along in the dim light, the tunnel opens out in a large room-like junction.
Map (you are approaching from the bottom of the page)

Some thirty feet above your head in the middle of the junction, a grilled storm drain lets in a shaft of orange light from the street above. The pool of sewer waste to your right bubbles quietly, and fungus covers most of the floor.

Bark has shuffled around the wall to the right, and is approaching the tunnel that exits the junction room in that direction.


Male Half Orc Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) Lvl 2

perception1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7


M Halfling Bard 2

How far ahead are we from the pursuers? Does Benni have time to cast a spell or two without being heard?


Male Teifling Ranger/2

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 stealth

Bark continues along the wall.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 perception


Attris:
The fungus on the ground ahead, the bubbling cesspit, and the pounding of wood behind you fill your senses.

Benni:
From the continuing sounds of metal on wood, you can tell your pursues have not breached the barred door yet, but they must be close to it.

Bark:
You do notice some small bones on the opposite side if the room, near a small patch of purple mushrooms.

Assuming Berrin is following along, ready to hit s$!? If necessary :)

As the main bunch reaches the room and sees Bark just about to slip around the side of the room into the right hand corridor, Janiven murmurs, "There's the sword - Bark's obviously seen it too," and she points to the smudged chalk mark pointing down the tunnel that Bark is entering.


Also Benni, check each spell's components - most have verbal components, but not all.


Male Half Orc Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) Lvl 2

Attris heads in the same direction as Bark following him at full speed


Behind the Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 69
1d100 ⇒ 9


M Halfling Bard 2

"Morosino, give me your boots."

Benni dips the boots in the sewer and uses them to leave an obvious trail across the middle plank of the wooden footbridge.

He tip-toes back with Morosino's boots in his hand and kicks the left and right planks into the sewer.

"Let's go. Try not to leave too much of a trail"

Take 10 for stealth?


Behind the Screen:
Benni:
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Kn. Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Benni: As you step forward to the footbridge, you notice off to your left a small patch of purple mushroom-like fungi. Thinking nothing of it, you continue forward and begin swiftly laying the false trail with Morosino's boots.

As you're putting down the last boot mark, a bit of movement to your left catches your eye. Turning your head, you see the purple growths shiver slightly, then the room is filled with a cacophony of piercing shrieks, seemingly from the mushrooms. The sound rips through your eye drums, causing you to reel slightly.

As the shrieks begin, Janiven motions frantically for everyone to hurry after Bark. As she hurries towards the exit, she pauses a moment to scrub the chalk mark off the wall.


Male Teifling Ranger/2

Bark looks back after hearing the shreiks to make sure everything is ok.... and then continues up the corridor....


M Halfling Bard 2

Benni does his best to make it back across the planks.

Dex, Acrobatics, Stealth check?


Male Teifling Ranger/2

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 stealth
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 perc


Benni the Magnificent wrote:

Benni does his best to make it back across the planks.

Dex, Acrobatics, Stealth check?

No, I think you'd be fine to take 10 on whatever the check was.


Male Human Barbarian 2

Berrin will be behind Bark following
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Oh YEah !


M Halfling Bard 2

As he follows the last of the group out of the junction room, Benni casts Grease on the area behind him, taking in as much of the paving around the plank bridge as possible.

"That should buy us some time... or just piss them off even more!"


Everyone rushes to the tunnel, thoughts of stealth largely discarded - the din will cover any sounds you might be making, but will obviously draw attention.

Berrin:
On your way towards the exit, you notice the glint of metal from beneath a patch of harmless-looking moss.

Janiven herds everyone on, and away from the shrieking fungus.


Behind the Screen:

1d100 ⇒ 53
1d100 ⇒ 50
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


As the party rushes down the tunnel and away from the horrible noise of the shriekers, verbal communication becomes possible. "Well, that was unexpected," remarks Janiven. "It may turn out for the best though, Benni," she notes, looking over her shoulder. "Those shrieked could only be triggered by heading over the planks. Add the footprints and the grease, there's no reason they should suspect us of goingthis way." She favours the halfling with a beautiful smile.

A few more twists and turns further on, it becomes apparent that the Hellknights are not, at least, directly behind you. The tunnels seem to become less straight and sure, and more serpentine - on occasion, it feels like you've doubled back in the opposite direction to which you began.

Once the noise of the shrieking fungi has been left behind and normal marching order and pace have resumed, Janiven puts her hand on Benni's shoulder. "I'd like to apologise too, Berrin," she begins quietly. "I've been told I can be a little... rash on occasion. But I'm glad you're on the team, and that you're not holding a grudge."

As Janiven finishes speaking, Bark pauses, facing another junction, with one with three tunnels branching out from the one you are traversing.

Around 10 minutes have passed since you left the shriekers behind.


Male Teifling Ranger/2

Can I see the sword marker?


Not with only your dark vision. There are no grills above the junction to let in any natural light. However...

When Janiven arrives with her sunrod, the chalk-drawn sword shows up, pointing to the left hand tunnel. It is, however, somewhat smudged.

"There it is. Ok then, lead off again Bark," Janiven murmurs.


Male Teifling Ranger/2

Bark nods with acceptance to Janiven then moves left down the tunnel
can i take a 10 in stealth and move on?
Berrin. Keep that slighty closer distance just in case...


Yep, I can just assume you're taking 10 until you let me know otherwise (or if combat starts up).


I'd also like to encourage a bit of inter-PC conversation, if anyone wants to befriend, schmooze, or argue with another PC. Or find out backstories. Walking around in the sewers is a good time to do this. Also, I forgot to get everyone to describe their character at the very beginning, if everyone could take some time to write a paragraph or three describing themselves, that'd be great!

The party once more sets off into the gloom...


Male Teifling Ranger/2

i had imagined that i would not be involved in much conversation being that little bit more in front, and also how i like it. :)

but i could be listening out for it? perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

I'm happy to describe myself if you like or everyone can check out Bark's profile for those that haven't looked already.


Male Teifling Ranger/2

Bark is now in scales and small horns on his head with a thin whippet tail out the back. Although he is scaled he does not have a reptilian style head. It has remained quite humanoid but malformed. As his scales have grown they have joined the natural curves of his once handsome face. He nostrils no longer protrude but are now holes in the front of his face. His ears are now knobby with many small holes for hearing. His lips are so firm that he is incapable of a decent smile as they just enough elasticity to converse without issues. This is also what makes him so hard to read. His face can seem emotionless or unconcerning. He is donned in basic tanned colored travelers outfit. Chain mail under his cloak which is quite tarnished and discolored with age, no resemblance of the piece of armor it once was. His cloak is split at the back where you have seen his tail slither through to assist passing his hands required objects. His bow is across his chest/back with a quiver of arrows on the other side and great sword on his belt. He has a low hanging backpack that contains his rations, water and other belongings etc. attached to the base of this is his bedroll.


Male Human Barbarian 2

Gm:
Berrin would have gone over to the shining metal to see what it was before heading down the passage.

Quote:
"I'd like to apologise too, Berrin," she begins quietly. "I've been told I can be a little... rash on occasion. But I'm glad you're on the team, and that you're not holding a grudge."

Berrin turns around to face Janiven

"With what has happened in my past Janiven, I find it hard to trust anyone."
Berrin will continue down the path looking for anything Hazardous.
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Berrin:
You find a beautifully tooled, begemmed dagger.


GM's Screen:

1d100 ⇒ 76
1d100 ⇒ 76
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d100 ⇒ 92

The party continues on in relative silence, the taller members (everyone but Benni and Morosino) needing to stoop just to move along the tunnels. About five minutes after the last junction, it is clear that Bark has stopped up ahead.

Bark:
You have reached a crossroads in the tunnels, with two wooden footbridges enabling easy crossing in any direction (map to come - Perception check please.).

101 to 150 of 651 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hewy's Council of Thieves Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.