Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Here Be Tryants: A Kingmaker saga.

Game Master Joy


3,451 to 3,485 of 3,485 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

We'll be fine, He says tiredly. We just need a few moments to catch our breathe. right, Othniel?


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

"Yes, I think I'll be fine. I was wondering what that was that came over me all of a sudden. Good to know."


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

"I'm guessing that means we should be wary of traps. Do you want to take those few moments before we head down the tunnel?" Finnegan gestures towards the left tunnel he and Andrea had discussed taking.


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Might be good to check to see if the trap will not rearm in case we need to retreat.


Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

Alexander nods, Agreed. The trigger must be here near the skeleton.


You all take several minutes to catch your breath and to let Othniel assess the trap.

For this I will let Othniel take 20 on his perception to examine the trap and determines that it will reset itself in just under one hours time.

After that is done, you head down the left hand tunnel. Looking into the room, you see that the walls of the dusty chamber are decorated with mosaic scenes of hunting and battle. Six biers line the walls, the resting places of respected warriors.

Do you enter the room?


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

I predict tears if we try to loot, it always happens. So who first?


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

"We need to be cautious. There is already one trap we've encountered. There may be others."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Looking for traps


The room looks perfectly safe to Finnegan.


Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

Alexander shrugs, Take your time. We're in no rush. He patiently waits as the others check for traps.

Taking 20 for a 20. I expect that won't be finding anything, but if w have the time, no sense in not using it. Do the mosaics give us any idea of the time period these people were buried in, or who they are?


Correct. You do not find anything. As for the mosaics, they seem to predate any other human settlements that you know of in this area and may be thousands of years old. So far, they have seemed to show scenes of the life of a very important barbarian warlord and is a fair assumption to say that this is his final resting place and these are guards or attendants meant to accompany him into the afterlife. Though now they appear to be skeletons wearing remnants of their former armor.


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Well let us cover them back up and continue checking the other passageways.


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

Since we've got time, I'll also take 20 on Perception for a 31.
+2 to find traps.


There is nothing that seems like a trap to you.


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Looks like things are safe, shall we try the other passageway?


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

"Let's check if there's anything of value here, first."Once Othniel says there is no trap here, Finnegan will step into the room in an on-guard position. If nothing happens, he will begin looking through the room for any loot.


As soon as someone steps over the threshold to the room, the skeletons begin to rise from their biers, still holding onto rusty weapons from yesteryears.


Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

Alexander chuckles, Oh good, some excitement.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Round 1: Initiative 22

If he can catch at least three of the skeletons in a 10-ft radius spell, Alexander will cast Glitterdust, DC 16.


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"You know, given that trap in the central area, I shouldn't be surprised by this." Finnegan then studies the nearest skeleton before loosing a blunt arrow at it.

Attack, PBS, studied target: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage, PBS, studied target, sneak attack: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 + (1) = 11


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Othniel quickly casts Mage Armor on himself and draws his blades.


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Hmm..I seem to be lacking a good club to bash these with. Andrea decides that some shield bashing will have to do.


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

Othniel smiles and flourishes his swords. "You and me both, sister."


init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Since the skeletons will need to rise up from their positions and move towards you, you can post a round 1 and round 2 action on them.


Human Arcanist 5, HP 29/29, AC 12 [T: 11, FF: 11], Per +5, F: +4/R: +4/W: +6, Arcane Reservoir (4/8)

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Round 1

Eduard will start to summon a small fire elemental near the skeletons.

Round 2

Eduard will pull out a crossbow just in case, and have the elemental attack.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

If hit DC 11 Reflex save or burn for 1d4 damage for 1d4 rounds.


Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

Round 2: Initiative 22

Alexander draws his sword and lifts it to point at the closest skeleton. Let's put these poor souls back to rest!

Activating Inspire Courage +2.


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

As the skeletons advance, Othniel fires off a couple of rounds of acid at the nearest of them.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 plus sneak attack if applicable: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) = 7

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 plus sneak attack if applicable: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Round 2 Init 16

Andrea will bash with her light metal shield
Shield bash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Blunt damage


Round 1

Alexander casts Glitter dust at some of the skeletons.
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Eduard begins to summon a fire elemental.

Finnegan hits a skeleton with a blunt arrow, knocking out some of its ribs.

The skeleton rise up and begin to come at your group.

Andrea bashes a skeleton with her shield.

Othniel fires off some acid at one and its bones begin to sizzle.

Round 2

Alexander inspire courage.

Eduard's elemental slams into a skeleton.
Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
And the bones and remnants of clothing begin to smolder and then catch on fire.

Finnegan fires off another arrow.
1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15
And downs the skeleton.

One skeleton is down, three skeletons swing their rusty blades at thin air and two advance on your group

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack Andrea: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Attack Finnegan: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Othniel fires off another blob of acid and the bones sizzle some more.


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

Round 3

Taking a step back from the skeleton swinging a sword at him, Finnegan studies it and the one in front of Andrea before loosing a blunt arrow into it.

Attack, bless, inspire courage, point blank shot, studied target: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34
Damage, inspire courage, point blank shot, studied target: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 10


Human Arcanist 5, HP 29/29, AC 12 [T: 11, FF: 11], Per +5, F: +4/R: +4/W: +6, Arcane Reservoir (4/8)

Round 3 - Initiative 21

Eduard will cast Acid Splash at the most damaged skeleton.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 6
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The elemental will slam the same target.

Round 2 Burn Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Round 3 Burn Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Slam: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 5 Init +5; low-light vision; Perception +11, Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, AC 20, T 16, FF 14 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Mage Armor), hp 38/38

Othniel attempts to circle around the nearest skeleton, setting up a flank.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (1, 2, 5) = 22


Female Human Cleric 5,HP 35/35,Init+5F5R3W8,Per9AC18/11/17

Andrea keeps swatting with her shield.I have to get myself a mace, I hear it is a classic weapon of clergy.

Shield,Flank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Round 3

Four skeletons go down from your combined efforts, leaving just one blinded skeleton still up.

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Seeing that the last one remains blinded, it will go down easily next round and we will go ahead and end combat now.

With the bones of the skeletons crunching underneath your feet, you are free to enter this small (20x20) burial chamber. The faded mosaics on the walls depicting what could have been scenes from their mortal lives as they fought off humanoids and odd creatures to preserve their homeland.

Sadly, all their armor and weapons are half-rusted/rotted and pretty much worthless.


Male Tiefling Slayer 5 | AC 19 (20), T 14, FF 15 16 | Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2 | HP 30/43 | Init +4 | Perception +11, darkvision | Insightful Strike 1/day

"Well, not much left with these few."

Finnegan takes a look around the room to see if there's anything else there.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Aasimar Bard (Animal Speaker) 5 , HP 38/38, AC 22 [Touch 16, Flat 17], CMD: 22 Init +4, Perception +0 (60' Darkvision)

Alexander kicks the dust and what remains of the ancient armor. Indeed. Well, let's see who these were meant to protect, shall we?

3,451 to 3,485 of 3,485 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Here Be Tryants: A Kingmaker saga. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.