Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

CURRENT MAP


301 to 350 of 996 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

My bad. I was having trouble opening the map on my phone. It is safe to assume that both Hector, and Parnell would move out of the threatened range at any opportunity, after casting the spell going forward. He'd have to have an INT of about 5 to stand there and let them crawl all over him :-)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Fortitude Save
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Hector's Fortitude save.

"Ouch, Ouch, Ouch". "That hurts". "That's all I've got folks".

Hector and Parnell then retreat 30 feet away from the swarm.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Elvar Potter wrote:
Nope. Do you have flint & steel Bones? 'Cause I'll need to light my own before throwing it to you.

I have my own.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

As no one seems to be ready to light any oil she could throw, Talia takes out her second and last flask of oil and with a bith of twine and some cloth, prepares a fuse. Then she steps back 5 foot.

Setting a fuse for an oil flask is a full round action according to the SRD.


@Talia: That is correct, though I ignore the 50% to ignite rule, because it's excessively punitive
randomizer: 1d100 ⇒ 10 There is a fresh burst of flames as Talia's mining lantern succumbs to the fire.

Big bug moves to engage and Istvan hits it with his prepared spell,

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Nauseating it and causing it not want to engage anyone, though it does lumber up next to Istvan.

Stats:

Swarms: AC17/T17/FF14 HP 1:6/9, 2:dead/9
Big Bug: AC15/T13/12 HP:22/26

Ok, Garish and Harold to finish off the round.

MAP


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 33/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold continues to retreat, moving 20' East.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I was intending to light the torch if I receive it this round. I somehow missed my name being mentioned before.


@Garish: No worries

Round 3:
21+ Swarm 1
21+ Swarm 2 dead
21- Parnell
18 Elvar
10 Talia
9 Istvan
8 Big Bug
5 Garish
2 Harold

Round 3: init 21

The swarm heads for the nearest prey, covering Istvan and the other beetle in its blood frenzy

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1 dc11 fort for half

dc11 fort or nauseated.
save nausea bug: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

stats:

Swarms: AC17/T17/FF14 HP 1:6/9, 2:dead/9
Big Bug: AC15/T13/12 HP:17/26

Parnel, Elvar, Talia and Istvan, you're up


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

"Istvan, move away, I'll try to get all of them together"


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Fishing around in his pockets Elvar produces a flint and some steel and sets to lighting his torch.

That's a full-round-action right?


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Reeling from the insect bites, Istvan hurries away from the swarm.

Withdraw action, move straight back 30'.

Status:

HP: 2/9
AC: 12/12/10
Acid Cloud: 3/7
Effects: Full Defense

Spells Memorized: mage armor, grease(2)


@Elvar: You are correct

@Talia: I assume you're going to delay your action until Istvan's turn?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)
GM Fanguar wrote:


@Talia: I assume you're going to delay your action until Istvan's turn?

You are correct. :)

Once Istvan has cleared the way, Talia lights and throws her improvised firebomb on the square occupied by the swarm and big bug. Then she takes a 5 foot step back.

Throw splash weapon (Point blank shot) vs AC 5, 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 11, damage 1d6 ⇒ 5 *1.5= vs swarm.


Talia's 2nd flaming bomb disperses the 2nd swarm.

Stats:

Swarms: AC17/T17/FF14 HP 1:dead/9, 2:dead/9
Big Bug: AC15/T13/12 HP:17/26

The big bug scuttles forward and attacks Talia:

Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 miss

Harald and Garish to finish the round


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 33/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

With the second swarm down, Harold moves forward and takes a swing at the big bug!

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15, for 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17 Bludgeoning damage.

SQUISH!


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Good hit Harold! Bloody thing is staggered, Go Garish, Go!


Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

Seeing that the swarms have been dispersed, Parnell brings Hector forward to eat a few of the stray bugs, and be prepared to take out the big bug if needed.


Well that's enough waiting on Garish. Everyone gets to go before the insect acts again and as it is at 0hp, I'm going to call combat over. You are victorious!!!


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

When the last standing bug falls, Talia relaxes only slightly. Reaching the spot where she dropped her lamp, she prods it with her foot. "15 GP gone, I can't believe I did this."

Kicking it away, she adds. "I don't have any oil left, and if we want to go down this well, we need to be better equipped. Some of us at least need to go back to town and come bakc with oil flask. If we prepare them ahead, the next swarm that comes will be roasted."


Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

"I tend to agree". "That was...rather...unpleasant". "We have learned a lesson, and must be better prepared going forward".


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar agrees, evaluating and selling of the things found was the next order of business.


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan thinks the first order of business should be some cleric love. Afterwards Istvan will agree to returning to town.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I thought lighting the torch was my action. I did not even see other post telling me to do something else. Sorry about that.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"I don't think I can heal everyone completely, but if anyone needs it come closer."

Channel energy:1d6 ⇒ 2

How is everyone now?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia is just 1 HP off now, she should be fine for going back to town.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 33/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold nods to Garish.

"I am feeling quite hale and hearty, once again. Thank-you."


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Just shy of full HP, 10/11. Good to go.


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan feels only slightly better than before. Istvan is reasonably sure he can make it back to town though.

4/9 hp


Ok so the plan is to head back to town to recoup and whatnot? If that's the case, please let me know what actions you plan on taking in town.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Did anyone keep track of the treasure we found so far?


Other than the occasional chitter rising from the hole, your rest is undisturbed.

Spell casters please include a spoiler with your memorized spells for the day when you post.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

spell list for today:

1 (2/day) Remove Fear (DC 15), Shield of Faith (DC 15), Bless
0 (at will) Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Stabilize

edit:after we rest.


Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

Today's Spell Selection:

Spoiler:

Druid (Dragon Shaman) Spells Prepared (CL 1, 1 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Produce Flame, Magic Stone (DC 15)
0 (at will) Know Direction, Detect Poison, Enhanced Diplomacy


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Other people have been using detect magic so I am dropping that spell for now.

Spells Memorized:

cantrips: disrupt undead, light, ray of frost
Level 1: grease(2), mage armor


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

"Istvan, if you can deal cold damage, let's first go back down the orange elevator and deal with the brown mold."

Talia proposes to go back down two by two as we did before.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Agreed."


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Aye, Istvan is prepared to deal with our small mold problem today. Against this foe, Istvan will volonteer to lead the charge.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"Thanks Istvan. Your efforts are appreciated."

Bones then turns to the others:

"Are you ready to move one?"


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 33/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold nods.

"Yes. Let's see what is beyond the mold."


You all go back down the elevator and Istvan quickly clears a path through the mould revealing another side chamber.

The ceiling of this large chamber glows with what looks like natural sunlight illuminating a series of worktables, vises, spinning wheels, and blocks of unfinished marble that identify the room as a sculptor's workshop. A huge unfinished statue of an imposing bare-chested warrior wielding a staff-like rod in its left hand dominates the north wall. The hair-less figure looks similar to the bas-relief on the sarcophagus upstairs, but is clearly meant to be a different person. A short red metal pedestal against the south wall displays what appears to be a jet-black stone egg the size of a small boulder. A gold glyph - an equilateral triangle with short hash marks through each leg - marks the face of the egg.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar whistles appreciatively as he surveys the room, it must have belonged to someone commanding grat respect is it's gearing was any indicator.

Seeing the egg Elvar goes over and looks at the rune without touching it first.

linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Then he inspects the pedestal for any tricks.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Then he casts detect magic and inspects the egg.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Any relevant knowledge checks?


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Taking 10 for the egg.

Perception=20
Linguistics=16
spellecraft=16


@Elvar: The egg is not magical, nothing in the room is for that matter. The pedastle has go surprises, but you've never seen the material it's made of before.

@Garish: You recognize the rune as derived from the Terran language.

Know(planes)Istvan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Istvan recognizes the symbol as the personal device of Ogremoch, a legendary elemental price of evil, that was said to have served on the side of the Queen of Chaos at the great battle of Pesh that ended the primordial war between Law and Chaos.


Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

Parnell keeps an eye on the entrance/exit to the chamber...worried for some reason.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Eyeing the egg with a critical eye Elvar tries to estimate it's worth before sticking it into his pack.

"So far so good guys! Two statuettes and now this egg besided the magic items we've found plus we're all alive and well! Awesome work guys! Let's see what else we can dig up!"

On a side thought Elvar casts Detect Secret Doors and scans the room.


@Elvar: You never seen anything like it, as such, the sky is the limit depending on what a buyer would be willing to pay for it.

At Elvar's touch, the stone egg begins to quiver. It's smooth exterior shifts and in a matter of moments there is a small stone humanoid figure standing where the egg once was. He rumbles something at you in a foreign tongue.

Terran:

"Who are you? Where is Nadroc?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

"What is it saying?" asks Talia, her hand creeping towards her quiver...


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar hold up his hands and replies to Talia, shaking his head. "I have no idea."


Anyone else want to chime in?


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 33/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold glances around the others.

"Does anyone understand what it is saying? It doesn't appear to be immediately hostile, whatever it is..."


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"I don't know what that means, and I have never seen a talking stone before."

301 to 350 of 996 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.