Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

CURRENT MAP


151 to 200 of 996 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar moves up to inspect the column to see if can be moved back into place.

Disable Device?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


@Parnel: You figure he's been dead for decades at least.

Elvar fiddles around trying to find a way to raise the column, just when he is about to give up, he feels an odd irregularity in the stonework. On closer investigation he finds a catch that raises the stone trap revealing the crushed body beneath. The desiccated flesh and crushed bones are still encased in a brilliant suit of chainmail and at its side you find a leather sack that crumbles at a touch. It is mostly filled with shattered stone fragments, but there are 3 small, exquisitely carved stone statuettes, that remain unbroken. They are of a grand palace, a slim spire with eight connected smaller towers of different heights and what looks like a grand stadium.

Scattered about the corpse among the other refuse, you find 2 wands and a pair of fine googles.


Male Human Warpriest 5 (HP 39/39, AC 19/14/15, CMD 19)

Harold winces when he sees the level of destruction wreaked by the stone block...

There but for the grace of the Gods...

...but then he is distracted by the revealed items.

"Is any of that stuff magical?"


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"I dunno.." Elvar mutters and casts detect magic on the loot, "..probably, given the state of everything else here.."

How many spellcrafts is that? 7? My mod is +6


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Magic indeed, to have survived untouched

Istvan will also be examining all the surviving items with detect magic.


Istvan and Elvar readily identify the wands, goggles and chainmail as being magical.

Spellcraft checks:

Wand1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Wand2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Goggles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Chainmail: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Wand1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Wand2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Goggles: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Chainmail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Between the 2 of them they identify the items as a wand of unseen servant(16 charges), a wand of Shatter (7 charges) and goggles of minute seeing, but they cant quite figure out the enhancement on the chainmail.(It's +1. Even if you don't know the enhancement, it still is functional if worn.)


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Halleluja! Dibs on the Googles. Suggest the wands go to Istavan though I can use them if need be and the chain to Harold, our resident front line fighter.

Elvar nevertheless takes a particular interrest in the statuettes despite them not beeing magical, putting on the googles and inspecting them in minute detail.

Any knowledge or something offered for those?
Knowledge Engeneering or Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Profession Arcitect: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan be thinking there is a very fancy map somewhere missing a few important pieces.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

While most of the explorers gather around the trap, Talia keeps her vigil, wary that some critter would try to jump the group.


@Elvar: The statuettes are of exquisite detail and probably very valuable. You don't have any idea whether they represent real places, but if they do, those structures would be technical marvels and the architect behind their design would be famous throughout the lands.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"Let me look at that armor."

Spellcraft for the armor:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"Harold I think you should wear the armor since you will be up front more than the rest of us. If you don't want it however....."

Bones breaks of the sentence with all to easy to read grin.


Male Human Warpriest 5 (HP 39/39, AC 19/14/15, CMD 19)

Harold winks at Garish.

"I don't need to be asked twice. Give me a minute or two to see if it fits..."


@Garish: you successfully identify the chainmail


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Does Elvar know of a possible interested party besides himself?
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Yup, I think that would be best. If you don't mind I'll hang on to these goggles. They enhance my eyesight greatly when inspecting things in detail and that helps me greatly in disarming any traps we come across."

"Istavan, do you, as a mage, want to hand on to these wands? Both of these spells are on my spell list so I can put them to use if you don't fancy them."


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan will happily accept the wands, one never knows when such things will be useful.

Istvan stores the wands in easily accessable locations about his person, grinning as he does so. Istvan never knows when an invisible butler will be direly needed


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Heh, didn't picture you as the type to actually want one."


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

You be thinking Istvan not able to appreciate fine things? Istvan once served a very great man.


Male Human Warpriest 5 (HP 39/39, AC 19/14/15, CMD 19)

Harold winks at Elvar.

"Ah, so you were a butler, Istvan."


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar suppresses a grin and stifles a laugh.

"Ah, I see!" he exclaims in mock revelation and then adopts what he thinks is the voice of finer gentleman. "Well then, my good man Istavan, I must welcome you to the ranks of the finer gentry my boy. Having a serving man puts you a peg above the leg of the rest of us but having one so good at his job that he's actually invisible puts you a peg above the peg leg."

Elvar peeks into the room behind the pillar as he chats with the warrior and the mage, careful not to set the trap off again as he's not keen on experiencing the same fate as the previous consciousness occupying the powdered skeleton.


@Elvar: The trap was blocking an shallow alcove that seemed to serve as a storage closet. There are some empty stone shelves and hooks for hanging things. There is nothing else of interest in it. You guess that at least some of the things that the crushed body had on him were taken from there.

Where to folks: there is an open entrance to a room directly across from the trap, and the south or west side of the pilar room that you are in currently.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Room directly across from the trap.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

A perception check to investigate the room across from the trap.

Taking 10 equals 20 for perception.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia will help investigating the room. perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


You peer into a wide chamber that must once have been the living quarters of an important figure. A large stone slab that suggests the shape of a bed rests against the east wall, under a huge bas-relief of a robust, long-nosed bald humanoid figure with outstretched hands. The figure wears a lovingly sculpted wind-tossed robe that gives him the appearance of a triumphant go. A glyph that looks like a stylized arrow marks an amulet worn around the figure's neck. Wardrobes and dressers, seemingly carved from the stone walls, look to have been ransacked a long time ago.

@Garish +Talia: You find that there is a whirling cushion of air resting above the carved stone bed.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar inspects the statue, paying particular heed to the glyph.

[b]"Istavan, this glyph mean anything to you?"[/ooc]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Kn. History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Liguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


@Elvar: The glyph is another Vaati personal name glyph, similar to those you've seen on the broken apparatus and the sarcophagus. This one says Nadroc and probably is the name of the room's former occupant.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Well Mr. Nadroc." Elvar says to the statue, straightening his back and putting his fists on his hips. "Nice ta met'ya, I'm Elvar. Nice place you've got here. Mind if we help ourselves to your belongings?"

Next room or are you guys going to play with the whirlwind first? (The fantasy version of a feather bed if I've ever seen one.)


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Next room should be fine.


Male Human Warpriest 5 (HP 39/39, AC 19/14/15, CMD 19)

"Mr Potter, don't taunt the dead - we don't want him 'waking up', and replying..."

Still, Harold can't stop himself from smirking slightly at Elvar's quip...

Next room is fine by me.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar cringes a little at Harolds warning abash at the prospect of raising ghosts. "Just having a laugh, sorry.. Let's continue forward."

Taking the goggles off his eyes to rest on his forehead Elvar heads into the pillar room.

Was the cold coming from the south or west?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia pats the air bed, sits on it for a second and gets back up to follow the others.
"Neat, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Do you think we can bring that back up? It could fetch a good price.", she adds with a smile.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Yes, the-one-ton-stone-slab with the miniature whirlwind. People will come from all around to see it I'm sure."


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I am ready to go on to the next room also.

20 perception again for the next room.

If I say perception 20 without any dice rolls, it means I am taking 10.


@Elvar: The cold was coming from the west.

Continuing your exploration, you swing around to the south of the central pillar. In the southern wall, you find a small room that looks to be a long disused privy. On the southern face of the central pillar, you find a dry and dusty washbasin, but nothing else of note. Creeping closer to the source of the cold to the west, you see that west wall of the room's great central pillar holds a deep recession that ends at what looks like a fountain basin about 4 feet off the ground. It is filled with an orange slurry that looks a bit like vomit.

The area around the fountain is infested with a brown mold that appears to be the source of the bitter cold. As you approach, you have to stop short before the cold becomes too painful. The mold spills across the floor into the open doorway of an adjacent room.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

What knowledge check is needed to find out more about the mold?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia tries to recall if she has already head of such thing.

Knowledge Dungeonering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


@Garish: Nature or dungeoneering. DC17

@Talia: You recognize the 'brown mold' as brown mold, an uncommon underground fungus. It feeds on heat, making the surrounding area cold and you need to use cold to destroy it.


"This is a brown mold. It feeds on heat and we need to use cold to destroy it. Can any of you cast a spell like that ?", she says to the spellcasters of the group.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar just shrugs and shakes his head and gives Istvan a look.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Referring to the ability to create cold-->"I don't have anything like that.

Is there enough room to walk around the mold?


@Garish: No, it fills most of the west side of the pillar room.

Istvan wil have access to cold damage, but he probably wont have it memorized.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"Well if we can't get by it we will have to come back to it later if anyone can bypass it. We can still explore the rest of the area before going back up top."


Male Human Warpriest 5 (HP 39/39, AC 19/14/15, CMD 19)

"That sounds good to me. Elvar? Would you like to lead the way?"


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Hmm..? Yes, of course." Elvar heads off to the south at a cautious pace.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


You've explored everything that's not beyond the brown mold. So you guys can return to the sarcophagus room if you wish and try pointing the arrow at a different lantern. There is also the mystery of the skeleton under the blue lantern.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

That works for me.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Alright. Upstairs and examine the skeleton under the blue lantern.


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan does indeed have access to cold, but would need time. Perhaps tomorrow we can revisit this particular problem. For now, let us explore the rest of this place.


Investigating the skeleton under the blue lantern:

Heal/Knowledge(nature)DC15:
The skeleton has a number of shattered bones consistent with a fall from a great height.

Perception DC15 (DC10 if heal/knowledge check successful):
You notice that you cannot see where the blue lantern's chain connects to the ceiling. It extends upwards beyond the reach of the torchlight.

151 to 200 of 996 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.