Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

CURRENT MAP


51 to 100 of 996 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Round 2, Initiative 9

Elvar takes hold of his sword in a two handed grip and, focusing all his attention on the wounded alpha wolf, swings with all his might.

Swift; Activate Archaeologist's Luck.
Standard; Attak Alpha w. longsword.
Longsword + Flank + Luck 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 dmg.

Catching it just behind it's ear the longsword slashes through skin and bone, sending crashing to the ground with a loud yelp.

Alpha is at -5


Male Human, AC17/12/15; HP 24; F+4, R+2, W+7; CMD 13, CMB +1 Druid 3 (Dragon Shaman)

Round 2, Initiative 12

Parnel steps up one and over three and slings one of his enchanted bullets at Wolf B.

Hector charges the same beast.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Sling bullet
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Enhanced damage

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Charging bite
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Bite damage
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 CMB Grab


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Round 2, Initiative 4

Istvan stomps his foot on the ground once again, raising another cloud of dust .

Acid Cloud on Wolves A & C plus the squares directly east of them. My first cloud disperses.

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
DC 14 Fort save to avoid being sickened.


@Taila: You hit the alpha wolf for 5, Garish hit Wolf A for 5, HP is correct.

Between all the attacks, Wolf A and the Alpha die 0hp, but whatever. Parnell and Hector double team another and dies in the crushing jaws of the lizard.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 The remaining wolf shakes off the effects of Istvan's spell.

Wolf Stats:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
HP: A:Dead/12, B: Dead/12, C: 11/12, Alpha: Dead/20

MAP

Round 1:
17:Garish
14:Talia
13:Wolf C
12:Parnell
9:Elvar
6:Harold
4:Isatan

Round 3: Init 13
If it is still alive, the wolf will attack Garish,
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 and miss


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Round 3 Init 17
Garish tries to finish off the last wolf

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Round 3, initiative 14

Talia moves left to have a strait shot on the last wolf, drawing a third arrow and fires wide again. The arrows misses the wolf by a hair and clatters on the wall behind it.

attack with PBS 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12, damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Round 3, initiative 9

If Parnell doesn't step up and kill the wolf Elvar will move into flank with Garish and attack.

Longsword w. luck and arcane strike: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12 dmg.

Dailies:
Spells: 0; at will, 1st 3/4
Archaeologist's Luck: 2/7


Garish strikes the wolf firmly and by either by Parnell's hand or Elvar's, the final wolf collapses dead.

Victory!! Unless someone objects, I'll just track party Exp and let you know when you level.
Reminder:
- Wolf den to the east
- Shadowy alcove to the west
- Cobweb choked archway and green light to the north


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar gives a whoop as the last wolf falls down, an uncharacteristic grin on his face. The excitement obviously got his blood pumping.

Looking folk in the eye he clears his throat and goes somber again. "Looks like their den. Let's see what they've been feeding on." and walks over to rummage through it with his eyes glowing blue.

Cast detect magic and rummage through wolfs den.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia moves towards the wolves and takes her arrow out before looking for the other two that missed and retrieves the arrowheads.

Then, grabbing the first wolf by the paw, she starts to drag it back out.

"Someone help me, please. I don't want them to rot in there or to attract other critters."


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

"Fair enough."

Harold assists Talia in removing the wolf corpses from the cairn, before returning to see what has been found in their den...


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
GM Fanguar wrote:

Garish strikes the wolf firmly and by either by Parnell's hand or Elvar's, the final wolf collapses dead.

Victory!! Unless someone objects, I'll just track party Exp and let you know when you level.
Reminder:
- Wolf den to the east
- Shadowy alcove to the west
- Cobweb choked archway and green light to the north

Tracking XP is really difficult for me in PbP games. I do not object.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

After Elver checks out the wolf den Bones checks the area to the left.

Taking 10 on perception=20


I'll just lump all the looking around together.

- Squeezing past the stones from the partially collapsed ceiling, you enter the wolf den. Rubble and refuse litter the den, along with hundreds of bones from past meals. While most belong to small animals, a few are unmistakably humanoid. Rooting around in the mess turns up a half rotten backpack that holds an ornate lantern inset with indigo glass panes. Bones' sharp eyes picks up a glint of metal, which turns of be a delicate silver armband of elven craftsmanship. None of these items appear to be magical.

- Scouting the alcove to the west, you find a raised dais overlooking a faded fresco covering the walls. The painting gives the impression that you are standing in a massive room with seven short hallways radiating outward from a central point. A chain dangles from the ceiling at the end of each hallway, and each chain bears a gleaming coloured lantern. Clockwise, the colours are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

- The northern archway is completely choked with cobwebs and teems with tiny spiders. Peering through it, you can see a short flight of stairs before opening up into a larger chamber. The source of the green light appears to emanate from that room.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold pokes the cobwebs experimentally...


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

I will take the armband. It might be worth decent gold once I get back to town.

"Are any of you good at figuring out an the value of things?"-->
Do any of you have the appraise skill?


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Glancing at the fresco, Talia grabs the rotten backpack and pulls out the indigo lantern.

"I think we have found one of them. and maybe the green light comes from another one. Let's go and have a look."


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Hold your horses Bones old friend, equal risks for equal shares right? We sell and split equally what we find, ok?"

Here, let me have a look at the armband."

Elvar has appraise. +6 mod.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

<hands the armband to Elvar>


Elvar Appraisal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 You are astounded by its craftsmanship and are certain it could fetch 100gp from the right buyer.

Moving on. Also, a reminder that Garish and Harold are both still wounded.

Harold cautiously brushes aside the gossamer webs with his earth breaker and while its inhabitants are unpleased by this turn of events, they seem content to scurry off to more peaceful environs.

A wide stairway descends into an immense domed chamber. Seven short tunnels brach from the room in all directions, extending in some thirty feet before ending in rounded walls. At the end of each passage a thick chain dangles from the ceiling. Five of the chains bear colourful lanterns, but two end in empty hooks.

Oposite the entry stairs, a bright green lantern, containing what appears to be a torch, casts weird murky light about the room. Countless chips of glass inset into the chamber's domed ceiling reflect this light, giving the impression of starlight and falling snow. At its maximum, the ceiling extends 30 feet above the center of the room.

Below the dome's peak, a long dais holds what appears to be a marble sarcophagus. A milky white bas-relief figure, perhaps a human, rests passively upon it's lid. Unlike the rest of the tomb, this room is eerily silent.

There's a lot going on in this room, so let me know what you're checking out and, of course, give perception rolls when you do so. Thanks.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Before anyone has the time to foul any tracks left, Talia holds her hand up.

"Let me check of tracks from anyone who came here before us."

Survival to look for tracks coming from the entrance we are using.1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24


@Talia: Unlike the rest of the tomb, no dust covers the floor in this chamber. You fail to find so much as a scuff mark on the floor, but you know from the amount of cobwebs that Harold removed, that it's been decades since anything passed through that archway.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

"There should be dust here, with the amount of cobwebs we had to remove. That means something or someone can remove it. Be very careful when you step in, there may be a trap releasing water or a strong wind."


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

"The painting and the this room both have hallways with lanterns on chains."


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

"Well then, let's carefully explore this room..."

Harold will cautiously move around the periphery of the room, exploring the side passages.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9.


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Remaining in the entrance to the chamber, Istvan will carefully survey the room with detect magic.

Let us be seeing if there is any magic in here shall we.


@Harold: Unfortunate roll, but you do find the broken remains of a humanoid skeleton beneath the unlit blue lantern.

@Istvan: The 'immense' chamber is ~100ft across not counting the lantern tunnels and detect magic has a range of 60ft, so you're not going to be able to cover much from the door. As is, you detect a faint aura from the sarcophagus at the centre of the room.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

As Harold explores the side passages, Talia moves carefully in,towards the central sarcophage, trying to see if there is anything written on it or any cracks that could indicate a way to open it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Just to make sure I understand correctly, there are seven tunnels, five with lanterns already in them; we found a 6th in the wolf den, and there is a seventh (green) one, currently lighting the central room?


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

Aid another to Talia's Perception check. She now has a 25.
I can't get less than 11


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar steps into the center and inspect the lanterns, getting an idea he rumages around in his pack and draws forth a torch and some flint & steel and lights it.

"Might be interesting to see the torches lit, it'll probably be a great show. The illumination should do wonders to the murals."

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold calls out from across the room:

"Perhaps we should place all of the lanterns in the appropriate passages, and then light them in order...?"

ROYGBIV?


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar looks up at Harold from lighting the torch puzzling over his suggestion with a faraway look of concentration.

"Hey, good idea. I'll try that."


Harold Wainright wrote:
Just to make sure I understand correctly, there are seven tunnels, five with lanterns already in them; we found a 6th in the wolf den, and there is a seventh (green) one, currently lighting the central room?

That is correct. As Garish mentioned, the room has the same layout as the fresco you found. Based off of that, all the hanging lanterns are in the correct locations, you have the indigo, and the red is missing.

Talia and Garish's examination of the sarcophagus, reveals that while humanoid, the being depicted in the bas-relief is not one they are familiar with. The figure is dressed in flowing robes and wears a carved scarab shaped amulet with another one of those odd personal glyphs carved in it. This one is different from the one on the broken apparatus you found. Up close, it becomes obvious that the raised platform that the sarcophagus rests on is shaped like an ornate arrow, which is currently pointing towards the orange hallway. Getting down on hands and knees Talia sees that the arrow platform doesn't quite touch the floor.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Right. So there is one missing.

Harold frowns, once he is appraised regarding the discoveries relating to the sarcophagus.

"If I may be so bold, I recommend we try the following..."

He then gently pivots the sarcophagus to face the lit, green lantern...


HP 22, AC 12/12/10, CMD 13/15, F;+3, R; +3, W; +5

Istvan slowly walks the perimeter of the room, looking for anything besides the sarcophagus that radiates magic.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison
Harold Wainright wrote:

Right. So there is one missing.

Harold frowns, once he is appraised regarding the discoveries relating to the sarcophagus.

"If I may be so bold, I recommend we try the following..."

He then gently pivots the sarcophagus to face the lit, green lantern...

"Let's do it."

Talia has a 25 perception check, including my assist, to inspect the sarcophagus. Did she find anything?


Garish "Bones" Boulderdash wrote:


Talia has a 25 perception check, including my assist, to inspect the sarcophagus. Did she find anything?

Sorry, should have indicated that the lid is removable if you so wish, but I didn't want to assume that she was opening it.

@Istvan: Your slow circuit of the room and hallways reveals the following: You detect a faint magic aura emanating from beneath a circle carved beneath the yellow lantern, you find such circles in each of the hallways, but only those in the yellow, green and indigo show any hint of magic. The torch in the green lantern also appears to be magical.

With a bit of effort, Harold and Garish manage to get the platform moving towards the green lantern, but when the arrow points towards the yellow lantern, there is a slight resistance in the motion of the platform and a great rumbling begins beneath your feet. A stone cylinder begins to slowly rise out of the floor beneath the yellow lantern.

You can continue to swing the arrow towards the green lantern, or wait to see what happens.


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar stands up carefully and draws his sword, staring at the rising cylinder, fascinated.

I say let let it rise.


Female Human Ranger 3 (HP 28/28, AC 17/14/13, F+5 R+7 W+3, CMD 19)

Talia stands back from the sarcophagus, her bow in her hands, reaying herself for something to come out.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

I am happy to stop at yellow.


Yellow it is

The rumbling continues for a dozen seconds or so, with the column rising higher and higher. When it reaches a hight of 8 feet, the rumbling stops and a a few heartbeats later, two thin doors slide open to reveal an empty chamber.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

"Hmmm... That's interesting. Let's have a look at what is in that chamber..."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.


@Harold: It appears to be empty and is large enough to hold a single person standing up.


HP 10/10 Fort 4, Reflex 1, Will 6 AC 18, T 10, Flat 17, CMD 14, init +1 | +4 vs spells, SLA, and poison

perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

Elvar heads over to inspect the column.


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Right. So, the column is kind of like an elevator...?


HP 19/19, AC 15/12/13, CMD 15, F; +2, R; +5, W +3

"Does anyone know the message spell? If we can cast that we could send someone down but still keep in touch."


Male Human Bard(Archaeologist) 5 (HP 20/33, AC 19/12/17, CMD 19)

Harold shakes his head.

"I am skilled with the blade, not with magic."


Harold Wainright wrote:
Right. So, the column is kind of like an elevator...?

That is correct sir.

@Garish:The column is definitely empty and has no distinguishing features or marks on its outside.

51 to 100 of 996 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Bravo Team) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.