Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Alpha Team)

Game Master Fanguar

CURRENT MAP


251 to 300 of 2,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

What happened with Lucid's "attack" on the brown mold?


Sorry I missed that somehow.

Lucid's hits the mold with his spell to no effect, but things are not so uneventful as his torch flies towards it. The torch goes out before it comes in contact with the mold and the fungus begins grow exponentially. Before your eyes, the brown mold doubles in size and the temperature in that room falls several degrees.

Updated Map


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

"Hey Lucid, what are you up...Whoa!" Pavo remarks as he peeks around the corner to see what Lucid was doing. "How the heck did that thing grow so big?"


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

That's what she said, boys. Sometimes, Lucid... best leave well enough alone.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

ok! Wow. Well, that way is sealed off to us until we find out how to kill that stuff. I don't think Lucid knows this yet, but we need some way to do cold damage to get rid of that stuff. I wonder if multiple castings of ray of frost would do anything... Have we searched the room to the south?


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6
GM Fanguar wrote:
Investigating to the south, you find a empty dry basin on the south face of the central pillar and a small room off the southern wall that turns out to be an old dusty privy.


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

With the onset of the cold and his snifters coming back to haunt him Sverrir takes the opportunity to relief himself at the old privvy before buckling his armour fully.

"Off to spend a common lads... look after min gear eh?"


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

By Obad-Hai grey beard, what just happened? Ramos exclaims pointing towards the sudden growth in mold when exposed to fire.

Intelligence Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

@GM Fanguar: Its a shot in the dark, but with a intelligence check like that would Ramos know or suspect that cold damage might hurt the mold?


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

I'd check for critters before I whip that out.


@Ramos: With a roll like that and based off of what you've seen, I don't think it's out of the question. It would be a suspicion, though, not a known fact.


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir grimly smiles at Markus' quip;

"The kritters best run from min warclub har!"

All things being equal Sverrir will reactivate the ancient privvy and no doubt cause a neferious trap or creature to spring forth :)

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

When you flush, if we start hearing war drums deep under ground I am gonna say "Fool of a dwarf!". :)


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Rubbing his chin, Ramos eyes the mold. "It's just a observation, but if fire made that mold grow, perhaps something cold might hurt it, Lucid, what do you think?"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

That makes good sense to me. I can memorize Ray of Frost tomorrow and try out the theory.


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Finishing up, (and presuming nothing neferious has happened as he spent a copper) Sverrir shouts through to Lucid;

"Do we wish to remain near dhis... kald mold? I say push onward... The Cairn hast more treasures... secrets to yield nei?"


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Back to the lift-shaft then. We'll be back tomorrow...


You all return to the sarcophagus room without incident.

Are we going to try a different elevator? From your earlier tinkering you know that there are ones beneath the green and indigo lanterns. Also there is the hole in the ceiling above the blue lantern.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

"What say we ta checking each, one at a time?" Pavo says as they move back to the center of the room. "If y'all agree, then let's see what the green passage holds?"


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

"That sounds fine to me Pavo. Lets go take alook. Announces Ramos as he strides towards the green passage.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Reasonable approach.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Fanguar, for wands and scrolls with spells that appear on both arcane and divine lists do we need to worry if items are either divine or arcane, or can either type of caster use the items? One specific instance would be the wand of shatter - it is both an arcane and divine spell. Can both Ramos and Lucid activate the wand?

I concur. Both elevators and they the passage that goes up.


@Lucid: That's an interesting point. I'm sure the answer RAW is probably no, but I'm actually ok with both of you being able to use it.

You turn the arrow towards the green passage and once again the unhealthy rumbling begins. The elevator starts to rise reluctantly. It makes it half out before stopping with a tearing groan from something deep within the bowels of the tomb. With a loud crack, the elevator drops from sight and lands with a crash somewhere below, billowing out a puff of dust from the gaping hole where the elevator once was.


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir coughs as the dust engulfs the group, then smiles wryly;

"Hrrrrmmm. That worked... Perhaps we could klimb down? Or up through the ceiling?? Ramos... what does your coin say?"

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

We still have the one "working" elevator to investigate, I think. The small wizard says as is already trying to move the arrow again.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Markus helps Lucid. As he does, he muses...

This is mechanical, right? What if there is a blockage that causes the strain, overload and breakage. Should we investigate what we can without elevators, first? These obviously haven't been maintained in decades... centuries, maybe.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Placing his hand on Markus' shoulder, Pavo says, "Maybe was should investigate the hole that opened up before us before opening other paths. I got some rope we can use to lower ourselves down."


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Now, you're starting to sound reasonable... what are we gonna do with you, lad?


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir nods in agreement;

"Sounds a plan. Down into the deep with us... Iffen ye wear my miner's lantern it'll keep yer hands free..."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Just like the last elevator lead us to another, this next one might lead us to this one without the climb. Lucid recommends what he thinks is the safest course remaining.


Perception(DC15):
As the sound of the collapsed elevator fades, you hear a rustling, skittering sound rising from the hole.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"For the record, I don't think that was another elevator in the room where we found the armor, more a trapped alcove that smashes the unwary. Besides, we most likely will have to explore that way anyway...that is, if we want to find something that other explorers might have missed."


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

As the debate continues, Sverrir sets his jaw and rubs his scarred temple;

"Ach. I neyd a drink... Let the coin decide, as none of us seem to be able tae..."


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Wait friends, what's that skittering sound coming from the hole? Arm yourselves!"

Just in case:
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Marcus stands off to the size, so that he may reach (extra 5ft between) whatever emerges without being in its path.
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


MAP

Take a look at the map and let me know where you would like to be positioned. Those who haven't done so, please roll initiative and everyone, let me know if you're readying any actions.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

I hear nothing. The wizard notes as he backs from the hole in the floor. Put Lucid directly behind Markus 3 squares back. He will pull an acid flask and be ready to throw it.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Dwur Barbarian (Drunken Brute Invulnerable Rager) 4; AC: 19, Touch 12, FF 18; HP: 51; DR: 2/- ; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Put Sverrir two squares to the immediate right of Markus please

Sverrir edges forward, until in line with Markus.

With a look and shrug towards the warrior he whispers;

"I hear nithin...You?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The dwur stands pickaxe propped against his shoulder...


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

Khyrn stands beside Lucid, battleaxe and shield in hand.

Memorized Spells:

0th level: create water, guidance, stabilize
1st level: magic weapon (D), X-bless, remove fear


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Pavo will be 4 squares north of the sarcophagus, in the right square.

Drawing his dagger, he grips it in a throwing stance as he waits to see what Markus had heard.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)
Sverrïr Koltǫnn wrote:

Sverrir coughs as the dust engulfs the group, then smiles wryly;

"Hrrrrmmm. That worked... Perhaps we could klimb down? Or up through the ceiling?? Ramos... what does your coin say?"

Hrm, well lets see... Ramos digs in his pocket for his lucky coin, but before he can dig it out, he is brought up short by the sound of Skittering.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Current Spells:

Orisons: DC 14
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Guidance

1st Level Spells: DC 15
Bless
Protection from Evil
Lesser Confusion

I'm having a issue moving my character on Google Maps. For the record, I'll be one square below and to the right of Markus.


@Ramos: I just have the map set to view only.

MAP

You all tense and prepare for whatever is approaching. The noise builds to a rising crescendo and a living fountain of thousands of glossy green beetles bursts forth from the hole. Spilling onto the floor in a wave, they chitter hungrily at the smell of fresh meat. Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, a giant monstrosity lumbers out of the hole behind the swarms. It might once have been a beetle itself, but now it is nearly man sized and its six legs look more like blades than appendages.
Initiative Swarm 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Initiative Swarm 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative Big Bug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 1

18 Khyrn
18 Swarm 2
16 Lucid
16 Marcus
12 Swarm 1
11 Ramos
8 Sverrir
6 Big Bug
5 Pavo

Stats:

Swarms: AC17/T17/FF14 HP 1:9/9, 2:9/9
Big Bug: AC15/T13/12 HP:26/26


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

"By the Gods! Stay away from the swarms and use whatever fire or acid you have!"

Khyrn sheathes his battleaxe, retrieves a flask of oil from his backpack, and take a 5' step directly backwards.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

We're what's for dinner, lads... Anyone know about, bugs?

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

In the surprise round Lucid says Swarms. I had a feeling that they were swarms. Sometime I hate it when I am right. He throws his acid, trying to hit one swarm and splash another and maybe the the large beetle too. After he takes a 5 foot back.
My phone will not open the map so I will let the DM pick my target spot.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

At home where I can see the map. My target square would be two north of Markus and one to the right.


@Lucid:Range increments for thrown weapons are 10ft, so that would be at a -4 for that distance. So that's a miss.

Lucid lobs his readied flask at the sight of the insects, but it flies off target, 1d8 ⇒ 4, overshooting the bugs and hitting the wall. One swarm is still caught in its spray.

Stats:

Swarms: AC17/T17/FF14 HP 1:8/9, 2:9/9
Big Bug: AC15/T13/12 HP:26/26

Round 1: Init 18-

One of the swarms surges forward covering Sverrir and Ramos with their biting bodies. You see that the swarm leaves a green, acidic residue behind.

You both take:
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2 DC11 Fort for half
Sverrir and Ramos, you guys need to make DC11 Fort saves at the start of your turns, or be nauseated for 1 round


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Good try, Lucid! Injured withdraw, make torches!

Kn Arcana, magical/un-natural?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Kn Religion, undead?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Scout 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Round 1 Init 16

Marcus moves through Lucid's position and directly down 3 squares. He lights the scarf tied just below his fauchard's blade with the flame from his miners' helmet.

Lil flamboyant, excuse pun. But it's the reason he has 2 scarves in gear.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Round 1. Init 16+

Lucid casts Grease on the squares containing the large beetle and the top half of the second swarm. Reflex save DC 15 - Not sure of effect on the swarm. He then steps 5 foot backward as he pulls a second acid flast.

251 to 300 of 2,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Alpha Team) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.