Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+3[/dice
[dice=Roger]1d20+4[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


651 to 700 of 1,310 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry speaks to Korva, "Korva, as Tengu Team Leader and Non-Commissioned Officer-in-Charge of Local Security, please put together a watch plan. Include some of our new recruits, like Roguy Norwe, Ecix Cliamslew, Rione Eller, and Morgar Manthai. We have to remain on guard against attempts to infiltrate our base of operations."

He asks his companions, "What did you guys learn when you were scouting out the city? While I was at the Tooth and Nail, I heard people talking about a lot of places burning down lately, including the Thrashing Badger, the Silver Star, and the Victocora estate."

The halfling eyes the faerie dragon, a cunning plan taking shape. "We should pursue whatever leads we've got, but in the meantime, maybe Vendalfek could *spread disinformation*--which might well, in fact, be true--that Lord-Mayor Thrune is carrying out a campaign of arson only to satisfy his person lust for domination, that even collaboration or bribes won't keep you safe."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 27/27 l AC: 17, T 13, FF 14 l CMD 18 l F +4, R +4, W +1 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplo +7, Intim +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +8, Swim +7 +5
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 3 l Active Conditions:

Geoffrey nods in approval on forming a watch team for the Wasp Nest. "If the Dotarri find us here...then all of our efforts are doomed to fail."

After Padraig speaks he strokes his mustache in thought. "While our explorations of the Silver Star and the Thrashing Badger went well, finding some resources and allies, we were pressed for time and could not perform a thorough exploration. Returning there in the future would be prudent. I did hear an interesting rumor when I visited the War Cage earlier," he quickly recounts the rumor, "I heard traveling alone at night in the Redroof district or Temple Hill can be pretty dicey. The gangs there are getting restless, and they say the Red Jills’ boss has gone some sort of crazy." He shrugs after finishing his statement. "I don't know how truthful that is but it may be worth checking out. While normally I would not stoop to the level of dealing with low-life gangs, we do need all the allies we can get...plus if these gangs are opposed to the Silver Ravens, we need to determine that quickly!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

"Hmm...not to mention, an enemy of Thrune may prove to be a friend...or at least, no direct opposition to the Silver Ravens," Morvena points out. "Geoffrey is right - we will eventually need to determine whether other organizations and groups within the city are sympathetic to our goals, indifferent, or opposed. Those sympathetic could perhaps be brought on as allies and the opposed...well, that part is obvious. As for those indifferent...well, I suppose we will have to determine how to proceed on a case-by-case basis, yes?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

"Huh, well alright. Someone needs to get this cleaned up today, and that guard stuff sounds like a good plan." Victor licks the ends of his fingers as he finishes his bagel and heads back to his bedroll to get dressed. After he finishes he takes some notes down on a scrap of paper.

Secret Notes:

Collapsed wall, possible suspects? All of us!

"If ya want I can take a stroll up Redroof or Temple Hill and see what the locals know about the Red Jills? Maybe see what I hear then we can make some more decisions afterwards eh?"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry nods in agreement with Victor. "I was thinking I might take a stroll, too, learning what I can about recent developments and possibly making some new contacts."

"I'll spend some time at nearby Villegre Park. It's a popular place for students from the Alabaster Academy and Lady Docur’s School for Girls to relax and study."

"It should be a target-rich environment with well-to-do scions of important families who can afford to have their youth waste their money. And students usually need only minimal encouragement to rebel against anything."

"After that, I thought I'd find a spot hear the Nightways Gate. It usually sees traders or visitors from Nidal, but isn’t otherwise used much. I'll be back before curfew. Anybody want to join me?"

---

Pádraig Henry heads out, trying to learn what he can in Villegre, Kintargo’s scholastic center.

Perform (sing), busking as a cover: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Diplomacy (gather information) at Villegre Park: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Diplomacy (gather information) at Nightways Gate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

As Padraig readies himself to bend some ears for coin and gossip, Victor volunteers to check out the Red Jills.

K Local vs Redroof: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I'm going to head over to the The Cloven Hoof Society over in Redroof. See what I can't hear. Did you know they cater to down on their luck Tieflings? Wouldn't all Tieflings be considered that? I mean.. they're part Devil!" He flips his cloak inside out and starts rubbing dirt and grime into it, messing up some stitches so it looks dirty and unkempt.

K Local vs Temple Hill: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"After that I guess I'll climb that Temple Hill and ask around Songbird Hall, see how things are going for Shelyn and her followers. I guess they haven't been out right banned have they? Someone needs to keep the peace a bit maybe?" He roughs up his backpack a little bit, gets some dust on his shirt and trousers and prepares to head out.

"I'll be back by curfew too, if not then... it ain't good!"

Follow up post coming sooner than later.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

Issil's been to these types of "Schools for Girls". You learn how to wear toxic makeup, how to wear tight clothes to emphasize your assets, and you're reminded to worship every step your husband makes once you graduate. Honestly, this is their last days of freedom.

So Issil's going to make them enjoy it.

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14 No really, I'll roll over a 10 someday!

"Find someone who respects you and you'll get far. Hang around with control freaks and you'll crash and burn."
Diplomacy(Lady Docur's girls): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry tosses Issil a terrycloth headband and a leotard, gives her a few moments to change, then starts splashing her with water from a bucket.

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

On the ice blue line of insanity
Is a place most never see
It's a hard won place of mystery
Touch it but can't hold it

Michael Sembello, Issil's Theme Song (aka Maniac)

Pádraig Henry smiles and winks at the matrons escorting their daughters to school.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Victor heads out the back door of the Coffeehouse, hood of his cloak pulled up, backpack slung over his shoulders and a smile on his face. Another day fed, money in his pocket and a cloak over his shoulders. He turns down the nearby alley and pauses, focusing his facial muscles, they move, contort and stretch. His gait changes, his agile stride replaced by a bit of a side to side swing, like someone who's a bit cross-eyed. Time to get to work.

He heads east down the main drag. The buildings become more and more dilapidated, dirty, and ram shackled. Fewer and fewer merchants and peddlers can be seen on the road. The sounds of hooves can be heard clamping down the hard packed road, but no horses or ponies or mules are to be seen.. just a few dirty kids running around playing tag. A sign comes into view The Cloven Hoof Society "Ahh here we go! Just the spot a fella wants ta be if he wants ta know where ta go to kill some mice and make some coins!" He heads inside, dropping his hood as he does. "Names Pug, where ya say 'round here needin' some mice and rats cleaned up! City pays fer 'em if ya got the skill at catchin! Oh, and I'm not gonna be steppin on no toes 'round here am I? Heard some things about someone named Jill?" Take 10 on Gather Info for an 18.

After a thorough half day of weaving through alleys, old dumps, and quite a bit of time behind the Society office actually, Pug has himself quite the sack of mice, rats, and doves. Well, what's left of em. He's starting to get pretty good slinging gobs of acid out of thin air at mice, rats and the doves. He misses a few doves, aiming for the heads so the acid doesn't ruin the meat. He makes his way back towards the Coffeehouse, but turns up to the North, up Temple Hill to take a look around. Not near so many mice and rats up here, but man don't they hate doves! Crappin all over their big churches!

"Howdy Mister, could ya point me to the Songbird Hall? I sure could use a light in my life this afternoon!" Pug, nods along solemnly as the dour man scowls at him and points to the Northwest, along the base of the hill. "Whew, some glad I don't gotta climb that moutain, these feet are TIRED!" He pulls a dove from his bag, and tosses it to the horrified man, who ducks out of the way and clutches his black robes and goes. Pug shrugs his shoulders and goes over to retreive the bird before making his way to the Hall.

"Got a dove problem? Pug's yer man! You point and I'll click! Oh hey... what's this I hear about Red Jills? Sounds like one of them plagues from Magnimar or somethin!" Same, Gather Info, 18.

Also, not sure if/what I could roll to gather some extra $$ hunting rodents for 2c each for the city! Pug's gotta eat and all.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Villegre Park, near Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

GM Rolls:
4d100 ⇒ (45, 64, 60, 75) = 244

Just outside the Longroads Coffeehouse is a large public park flanked by Kintargo's scholastic capital, or at least, what it once was. A cursory glance over the area reveals that most of the buildings are now derelict, some with boarded up windows. Lady Docur's School for Girls remains open despite martial law, and flocks of students move from the school to the park and back as the day wears on.

The smell of dampness and fresh cut grass floods your senses as you step into the park. A small artificial pond has been carved into the center of the green, and three students take turns skipping rocks across its length. Padraig finds an opportune place to perform, and does a good job with it as well, counting 3d10 ⇒ (10, 9, 3) = 22 silver pieces in his tipping jar. Issil compliments the song with dance, yet finds that the damp grass near the pond throws off her balance. She collects a pittance of 1d10 ⇒ 7 copper.

Inside the school, a spotless establishment with an interior made of oak and several generous coats of varnish, you find Mialari Docur speaking with two half-elven students. Docur is an attractive woman, standing about two halflings tall, her porcelain white face almost shocking when contrasted against her flowing, bright red hair.

She notices you enter and dismisses her students. "Welcome to Lady Docur's School for Girls. Here for a tour, or to, er," she hesitates as she looks sidelong at Padraig, "Enroll?"

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

The Cloven Hoof Society - Pug

GM Rolls:
4d100 ⇒ (95, 78, 33, 16) = 222

Pug passes the Bleakbridge and is forced to pay the mandatory toll, then heads directly for the Redroof District, Kintargo's poorest area. When he approaches The Cloven Hoof Society, he notices the entrance is boarded up and abandoned. Knowing that tieflings normally frequent this area, Victor seeks one out, finding a gangly tiefling sweeping the front porch of his dilapidated home. "Jill? You must mean the Red Jills? Damn thugs are making this place even worse than it already is. They've got a hideout somewhere, but I have no idea where. ... Now scram. All we need is another sketchy character poking around this place!"

Later on, Victor makes his way to the Songbird Hall, the only good-aligned church in all of Kintargo. The church is unsuspecting from the outside, but inside, a massive songbird sculpture floats atop a marble table. The wide interior is an architectural marvel, with pews made of winding marble that appears carved out of the ground itself. The place is lined with art and a soft hymn plays continuously. An androgynously handsome man greets Pug. "Greetings, traveler. Here to worship The Eternal Maiden, or purchase some supplies? It's good that you asked - we do have something of a rat problem here, so if you are here to help, by all means." He smiles. "As for the Red Jills... Yes, they are another group of miscreants here in Kintargo. They're always seen wearing signature red cloaks. I only wish they could cast off their attitude and hear the songbird's voice."

For the first encounter, I'll hint that taking 10 won't always get you what you expect.
For the second, you can roll Survival here to determine how many rats you exterminate, though you'll have to collect their corpses and deliver them to the dottari to get your reward ;)


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

Villegre Park, near Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

"7 copper is better than none. At least those bridge trolls are paid for the next time we cross." Issil picks up the change, leaves the buttons behind and prepares to enter. "I like that song, Pádraig. Feels like it's me."

Inside the school, Issil tries to recall any kind of royalty in there.

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"Good job with this place, Madame Docur." Issil pauses. "I attended a few of these schools, but I am interested in what this school offers that others don't."

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Issil doesn't really like or care about these schools, but maybe this lady has heard something lately.

"Have you heard of any stories around here? Troublesome issues that may distract your many students?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Even if she sees through the lie, Issil did remember her manners.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry gives Mialari Docur his most charming smile and bows low. He clears his throat.

"Signora Docur, the reason for our visit is to express our support for you and your school during these troubled times. The, em, political political transition has been difficult for many. As concerned citizens of Kintargo, Lady Issil Tanessen and I would like to offer our occasional services. The lady is a skilled dancer, and I am a singer of some talent, having been a member of the Kintargo Opera House until it was closed."

The halfling looks around at the beautiful school.

"We would be happy to provide some instruction for the young ladies under your care. The fine arts need not be neglected during these trying times."

Diplomacy (aid Issil): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (If successful, granting Issil a +4 bonus with the "Helpful" halfling racial trait.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Pug gives the tiefling a bit of a side eyed look, maybe its just because his eyes aren't really... normal? "Ok ok I can catch a hint! I'll be takin mah services else wheres!" Pug waddles off on his way towards Temple Hill. Gather Info Time, hours: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Well that was a wasted three hours of walking for nothin! Those Tieflings must just hate humans or something.

At the Temple

Pug walks in, sack in hand "Wow, this place is fancy... you just points me to the rats and I'll catch 'em!" He heads off to do his duty to catch rats... Survival vs THE RATS!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE! Oooo a dove... YUM! DIE DIE DIE!

Gather Info Time, hours: 1d3 ⇒ 2

After a bag full of rats is harvested, Pug heads back to the Priest/ess? "So where's the closest Dottari post to here? Pug needs a good healthy dinner, I haven't eaten much of anything all day!"

Pug heads along to drop off his catch, leaving a trail of blood/melted rat organs along the way to the nearest spot that pays. "Dead rodents for cash here! Getting it done for Thrune!" He tells the man/woman as he presents his dripping bag.


HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

Although Morvena had originally intended to accompany Geoffrey out to wherever his fancy took him, the more she thought, the more she realized that it might be a good idea to go back to Crissali's Fine Tomes - perhaps there might be something there that could be put to use for the Silver Ravens.

"Though I am quite willing to accompany anyone that wants my company today, I would first like to pay Ms. Crissali's establishment another visit," she proposes that morning as everyone is making preparations to head their separate ways for the day. "It may be that her shop holds tomes and other documents that would prove useful to our cause."
_______

Short post; if Geoffrey wants to come with then that's fine, otherwise Morv will go alone.


HP: 27/27 l AC: 17, T 13, FF 14 l CMD 18 l F +4, R +4, W +1 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplo +7, Intim +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +8, Swim +7 +5
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 3 l Active Conditions:

While the idea of poking around stuffy old books and tomes did not appeal to him, Geoffrey also knew the fledgling group needed every edge it could find, both mundane and magical! Plus, he knew the streets were still not safe...especially for an attractive noble lady without escort.

"Don't worry Morvena, I will accompany you on your way. We should also take some gifts to her. Nothing fancy, just some pastries and coffee! I hope she will appreciate the gesture."

Plus if nothing else it will tide my appetite over, he he.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Crisalli's Fine Tomes - Morvena and Geoffrey

GM Rolls:

4d100 ⇒ (13, 14, 49, 37) = 113
What'll it be?: 1d100 ⇒ 80

Morvena and Geoffrey head out bound for the bookstore where this all began. They pass the now all-too-familiar Dottari patrol demanding proper "donations for Thrune" as they cross the Bleakbridge. Turning west towards Aria Park, they pass by a second Dottari patrol unit, and the two men slow their pace to eye the Geoffrey and his cups of coffee as they pass. "You best not be drinking that tea after hours!" One of them commands.

At Crisalli's Fine Tomes, Nandy Crisalli stands atop a stool sorting through a bookshelf. She turns as you swing the door open, smelling the air as if she were a dog. "Good day. Bread... You smell like fresh bread." She hobbles her way down the stool, adjusting her glasses. "How may I help you?"

____
I'll be circling back to Padraig & Issil and then Victor in a moment!

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

"Distractions?" Mialari smiles, folding her arms across her ample bosom. "These are students, Miss... Tanessen. I'd think it improper if they didn't have any sort of distractions." She smiles, then looks at Issil closely. "Hmph. I am a proponent of celebrating beauty, but what is a noble doing wearing such things as that?"

With Padraig's offer to provide additional instruction to her students, Mialari pauses in thought for a while - long enough that it becomes awkward. "... It isn't a bad idea. This school is three centuries old, and as you may have noticed, our school caters entirely to half-elves. It is a safe place for them, something I cannot say for the rest of Kintargo or Cheliax."

She taps her finger on the side of her arm as if in deep thought. "It's a shame what happened to the Opera House. If you are going to help me, perhaps you might first show me some of your talents? The lady as well," she glances at Issil. "Come, students. These two just might be your newest teachers!" Four half-elven teenagers walk over and await the performance.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Just outside The Songbird Hall - Pug

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 8
1d4 ⇒ 4

After Pug finishes a very successful rat extermination session, he steps outside the church and heads towards where he last saw a Dottari patrol unit. As he's moving through the streets, a bright red spider with black legs scrambles into the path ahead of him. Another spider crawls down the side of the temple, and if that weren't bad enough, two more spiders crawl up from a grating in the ground!

Initiative:

Pug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

The first spider crawls up Pug's leg and Pug feels a sharp tinge in the side of his thigh as the fangs sink in.
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 1 damage minimum
Pug needs a DC 10 Fort Save vs Poison

Pug is up

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry smiles at Lady Docur and greets her students. "Thank you, Signora, for the opportunity to demonstrate our talents."

The halfling addresses the assembled half-elves, "Any lady should use all her available talents. The arcane arts can aid the fine arts of performing, whether for your own enjoyment or for the pleasure of your social circle."

"Permit me to demonstrate," Pádraig Henry says. "This spell is called aspect of the nightingale. It enhances your ability to sing, improves your powers of persuasion, and helps you resist the charms of undesirable suitors."

Then, the bard begins to sing, encouraging Issil to dance.

I have often asked myself the reason for sadness
In a world where tears are just a lullaby
If there's any answer, maybe love can end the madness
Maybe not, oh, but we can only try

You've got to get up every morning
With a smile in your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful as you feel.

Carole King, Beautiful
Perform (sing): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30

At the conclusion of his song and Issil's performance, Pádraig Henry bows with an elegant flourish and then looks up, awaiting Lady Docur's reaction.


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Fort vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
K Nature, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Pug yanks his leg back with a yelp, and steps back drawing out his trusty new sap and rubbing the welt on his leg. "Holy bageezus! Spiders! The city is under attack by giant mean spiders! Help!" He screams, then raises up his off hand and tries to fire off a glob of acid at one of the other spiders. Arcane Spell Failure, >10 Good: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Acid Splash + Sneak Attack, Ranged Touch vs Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (5) = 6

AOO:

Sap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 ⇒ 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |
Mialari Ducor wrote:

Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

"Distractions?" Mialari smiles, folding her arms across her ample bosom. "These are students, Miss... Tanessen. I'd think it improper if they didn't have any sort of distractions." She smiles, then looks at Issil closely. "Hmph. I am a proponent of celebrating beauty, but what is a noble doing wearing such things as that?"

Issil bites her tongue. Oh, she wants to let this lady have it. Wear this, wear that. One straightjacket after another. And for what? No, hold it in, Issil. Not now. But when the elite bow down and apologizes, they'll know the right way.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
"You need to be proud of yourself. Mind, Body and Soul. That kind of pride propels us forward, to be more than what people assume. I'm proud of my body, and I have nothing to hide." She chuckles, managing to hide her anger.

Mialari Ducor wrote:
With Padraig's offer to provide additional instruction to her students, Mialari pauses in thought for a while - long enough that it becomes awkward. "... It isn't a bad idea. This school is three centuries old, and as you may have noticed, our school caters entirely to half-elves. It is a safe place for them, something I cannot say for the rest of Kintargo or Cheliax."

It was true. Issil can't remember the last time she saw half-elves at a fancy gala, unless they were servants. She saw plenty more after her days in nobility, living in the slums. Usually bruised or starving. Some days Issil would help them to a temple. Somedays she didn't care, she had to survive. Despite her hatred for these schools, Docur was doing a service for half-elves not as fortunate as Lady Tanessen.

Mialari Ducor wrote:
She taps her finger on the side of her arm as if in deep thought. "It's a shame what happened to the Opera House. If you are going to help me, perhaps you might first show me some of your talents? The lady as well," she glances at Issil. "Come, students. These two just might be your newest teachers!" Four half-elven teenagers walk over and await the performance.

"Now ladies. The key to understanding dance is to control your weight. Good core strength and balance will go a long way in getting heads to turn."

"And like Pádraig said, magic goes a long way. Someone, or something is out there to provide me Guidance. It makes me a little better for one minute. Not by much, but you need every advantage out there to survive."

Issil chooses The Scrape as her dance. It's the story of a poor woman struggling to survive- until she stands up on her own.

Perform(Dance) + Guidance come on double digits: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10 >_<

Instead, Issil almost falls over halfway through, managing not to faceplant but clearly making a fool of herself. "Um, the floor was really slippery. I mean, really slippery there!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Crisalli's Fine Tomes - Morvena and Geoffrey
"Well?" The old woman taps her finger on the counter. "I remember you two from the other day. Friends of that Victocora fellow, right? While our supplies are limited, I do have a magical item or two I can sell you. Or perhaps you may have magical goods that could use a set of fresh eyes to identify their properties? For a small fee, of course," Nandy smiles.


HP: 27/27 l AC: 17, T 13, FF 14 l CMD 18 l F +4, R +4, W +1 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception +5
Skills:
Diplo +7, Intim +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +6, Sense Motive +8, Swim +7 +5
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 3 l Active Conditions:

Geoffrey nods in greeting to the old woman, "A pleasure to meet you again Missus Crisalli. We came by to offer you some treats. Coffee and some freshly baked pastries!" He offers them to her.

Once settled in he glances back at Morvena before continuing, "We actually do require a service from you. We encountered a set of...figurines which have magical properties." He takes out one of the silver raven figurines and shows it to her. "An interesting find no? How much to identify them?"


HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

"In addition to the figurines, I admit that I am also interested in magicks of the...inscribed sort," Morvena adds. "And where one might look to find such, if not here."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

Pádraig's singing is both pleasant and alluring, and though Issil struggles to maintain her footing as she performs The Scrape, when her performance is combined with the Pádraig's voice, she manages to put on a half-decent number that has some students scratching their heads while others giggling. All told, the performance is met with applause from the students and a firm nod from Mialari Docur. "Not bad. Observe, students, the intonation and rhythm of the halfling's voice and emphasis on the proper words. Ms. Tanessen's movement leaves a touch still desired, yet it is beautiful in its uniqueness. Students, even strangers can teach you a thing or two." She half smiles. "Dismissed."

The students walk off, and Mialari steps up to Padraig and Issil. "Very well. You've proven your talents, and I am willing to offer you some work on a part-time basis. Perhaps a day or two each week?"


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

Lady Docur's School for Girls - Pádraig & Issil

Not what Issil expected, but Pádraig's singing was quite beautiful. She smiles. "A day or two. I can deal with that." Issil goes to shake her hand, and then remembers proper curtesy and curtsies instead.

At least some of the children liked it, and it was a decent distraction. Once that is over and they are out of earshot, Issil makes a heartfelt apology to Pádraig. "You saved me from embarrassment in there. If your singing wasn't on point, we probably would have been kicked right out. Clearly I have much to learn." Like taking 10 on Perform(Dance) checks *cough*

"So where to next? Nightways Gate?" Issil continues to practice The Scrape on her way there.

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 Still telling me to take 10, eh?

Diplomacy, Gather Info: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Just outside The Songbird Hall - Pug

Pug recognizes the scarlet spiders, and knows that while they aren't capable of producing web, their bites are still mildly poisonous, draining the strength from those they infect.

He fries one of the spiders with a globule of acid. The other three crawl up to him, another one climbing through a hole in his shoe as it avoids his sap.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d4 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Yup, another DC 10 Fort or 1 Str drain!

Pug (-2) is up again!


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Fort vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 "Ow! You little creepy crawlie!" Pug swears as he's bitten again. He takes a step back away from the spider menace and slaps at the fiesty looking red one with his sap.

Sap vs Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 ⇒ 3

He looks up and around and again hollers out for some help from the guards.. anyone really. "Help Help! What's this town coming to a man can't get some help from someone eesh!"

AOO Sap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Pádraig Henry smiles, "It will be an honor, Signora Docur, to contribute to the development of Kintargo's next generation of refined ladies."

The halfling bows again and takes his leave.

---

Following Issil outside, he agrees. "Yes, let's see if we can learn anything at the Nightways Gate."

As he observes the young noblewoman practice her dance, he risks a little constructive criticism. "When expressing yourself through dance, anticipate your audience's reaction. Some will appreciate your 'shaking your money-maker.' Others might find it, em, disconcerting. I assure you, I mean no disrespect. It's like that old adage in real estate: Location, location, location."

He pauses at a street corner, near several taverns. "For example, if you selected any of these venues, your style would certainly be appreciated. Perhaps with an accompaniment like this."

He taps his halfling toes in a low, hypnotic rhythm and blues beat.

My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like,
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

I know you want it,
The thing that makes me,
What the guys go crazy for.
They lose their minds,
The way I wind,
I think its time

La la-la la la,
Warm it up.
Lala-lalala,
The boys are waiting

Kelis, Milkshake

Pádraig Henry gives Issil a wink and a grin. "The song is a metaphor for 'something that makes women special.'"


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

"Yeah, I gotta pick and choose my battles. Still, it's fun watching a stuffy noble squirm because he's only supposed to appreciate that view in private." Issil laughs.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Crisalli's Fine Tomes - Morvena and Geoffrey

"A set of figurines, hmm?" Crisalli takes one of the figurines and removes her glasses, inspecting it from various angles. "It's absolutely magical, and since you are a friend of Rexus', I think ten gold pieces should reveal just what these do." She smiles.

At Morvena's query, she hesitates for a second. "As you probably know by now, the political climate here prevents even me from properly securing magical goods. I can certainly see what I may have in storage, but there aren't any guarantees, dear."

If you're looking for a scroll or magical item in particular, it has a percentage chance of being available after a short time spent shopping, so I'll roll for it once you let me know what you're in the market for!

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Nightways Gate - Pádraig & Issil

After sunset, the singer and dancer duo make their way to Nightways Gate, the northern gate out of Kintargo leading towards Nidal via the Night Road beyond. Two large fortifications flank the gate, and several patrol units conglomerate here.

As you approach, you're immediately waved down by two guards, suspicious of your activity near Kintargo's northern exit. Both men carry a shield and heavy mace proudly. They stand before you as if to form a wall.

"You two! What are you doing out at this end? It's almost curfew. Planning something we should know about?" A guard demands, gravel in his throat.


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

A set of combat rolls!:

I would say just apply each bundle for each round of combat, ignoring that particular roll line that doesn't apply. Next round start with the fresh line.

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 ⇒ 5
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 ⇒ 1

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 ⇒ 5
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 ⇒ 4

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 ⇒ 4
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 ⇒ 2

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 ⇒ 1
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 ⇒ 1

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d6 ⇒ 2
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d6 ⇒ 4

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 ⇒ 3
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 ⇒ 1

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 ⇒ 6
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 ⇒ 5

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 ⇒ 5
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 ⇒ 2

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 ⇒ 5
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 1

Fort Save vs Poison, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 ⇒ 5
Sap slap AOO!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 6

**Crit confirmation roll for round 5: Crit? Sap slap!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 ⇒ 6


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

"Just one last dance before we law-abiding citizens go to bed." Issil grins.

I'm... gonna take 10 on Perform (Dance). With Guidance that gives me a 18.

Issil remembers one of the more formal dances, a simple waltz meant to demonstrate a mix of power and respect.

"But you are right, the day is almost over and you never know what goes on in the evening. Toodles!" She waves them goodbye and then hints to Pádraig it's time to get out of there.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

Better let the young noblewoman handle this. Time to play the servile halfing manservant.

Loud enough for the guards to overhear him, Pádraig Henry says to Issil, "Mistress, the guard is absolutely right, we should hurry on home. Your family will be terribly worried if you don't make it home before curfew."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Just outside The Songbird Hall - Pug

Pug's screaming doesn't go unheard, but it attracts the wrong sort of attention, and a group of three Chelish Citizens Group members approach from behind him to watch the fight. "Hey, look at this guy! Fighting spiders, is he? Doesn't this idiot know Thrune only pays for doves, mice, and ravens?"

Two of the three laugh together as Victor smashes another spider with his sap, though not quite hard enough to kill it. The third guard looks quite nervous.

One of the spiders scrambles over to a Chelish guard, while the other two swarm up Pug.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d4 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d4 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2

__
>> >> >>

Pug attacks, red spider dies, yellow spider crawls in, gets an AoO, bites.
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d4 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Pug makes the fort save
- New round -
Pug attacks, misses, yellow spider takes an AoO, dies.
- New round -
The blue spider bites Chelish guard, the guard screams and runs off as his arachnophobia sets in. The other two guards pound the spider to death and chase after the unsettled one. "Did you see his face? It was a tiny little spider. What a wimp!"

Out of combat - 3 NL total, no strength drained.


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Pug smashes the last spider then looks at the guards as they run off, hollering after them "Could you at least tell me where the nearest Dotarri? I got rats to cash in here!" He does his best to get a good look at their faces if possible. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Afterwards he rubs the swollen welts on his feet and legs, trudging in a far less happy mood towards his buyers. Well, I guess that coulda gone worse right? I'll make a good story though!

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Nightways Gate - Pádraig & Issil

"Quit it!" a guard holds his mace up to silence Issil as she breaks into dance. "I have no time for your nonsense. You want to dance like that? Might as well go to that Clenchjaw's place. Well, if Thrune doesn't shut it down first," he laughs along with his companion, lowering his weapon.

"Go on, if your family's so worried, go and get out of here," he turns away now, continuing his watch.

Perception DC 15:

"Did you see her hips, though?" The guard whispers.

The taller guard whacks him on the back of the head for apparently no reason.

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Rust Gate - Pug

With the sun having set and the clock ticking, it isn't long before Pug is able to find a dottari patrol near the Rust Gate, just south of The Songbird Hall. A patrol with a cart that positively reeks of rotting corpses accepts Pug's bag of rats. "Eighteen... and Nineteen.." He tosses each corpse into the cart, one by one. Despite the smell, this guy is obviously no new hand at this, and tosses the rodent bodies around as if they're stuffed dolls.

He then counts 19 copper pieces out of his coin purse and hands them to Pug. "Thank you for your service to Lord-Mayor Thrune. Good night."


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12
"Bye bye." Issil chuckles to herself and prepares to head back to base.


HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

Crissali's Fine Tomes

"Ten gold pieces, you say?" Morvena responds, looking thoughtful. "Considering our utter failures to identify themselves, I believe that that is more than a fair price," she agrees. "And ah...yes, I'm painfully aware of the difficulties in acquiring certain things at this time - but of course, it rarely hurts to ask, correct?" she smiles.

"Let me see...any of the following would be of great help...er, wait..." Morvena begins, then stops as the light of a burgeoning idea flickers on within her eyes. "This may seem incredibly forward of me and if so, I apologize. But rather than send you scratching through depleted inventory, would you be interested in perhaps doing a direct trade? Your knowledge, transcribed into my own book, for our gold?"


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Pug eyes up the coins greedily as they're counted out "There we go! Pocket money for Pug yup yup!" He smiles at the man with his crooked teeth and wandering eye.

"What's yer name fella? I do lots of killin of rats and mice, be good to work with ya in the future ya? Always good to deal with such a fair and reasonable Dotarri!" Pug will continue for a minute buttering up the man for future dealings... Take 10 diplomacy for 18

After he waves goodbye and starts the long waddle back to the Coffeehouse, Pug gets the writ he made a couple days earlier stating his permission to be out in the streets past curfew and keeps it handy. He also keeps his cloak hood up and sticks to the shadows of the main road just in case. Take 10 stealth for 22

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice)-3 | Conditions: None | Bardic Performance 11/11 | Spells/Day 1-4/4 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 24/24 | AC 17 / 13 T / 15 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +6, Will +4 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +9

At Nighways Gate

Perception DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Issil," whispers Pádraig Henry as the pair return to the Ravens' Nest, "That guard was totally checking you out."

Sucker.

Back at the Base

"Well, friends, looks like Issil and I got a real, part-time day job. We'll be educating the city's young half-elf maidens at Lady Ducor's School for Girls in the finer arts of song and dance. Salary yet to be negotiated."


Issil Tanessen | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Saves: 2/3/3 | CMD 15 | Perception +0 | Init +3 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 3 | Spells -/6 |

Issil grins as Pádraig mentions an important detail. "Glad to see some people appreciate even my formal dancing." She laughs.

Back at the headquarters, Issil lets Pádraig give a summary of their findings. "Oh yeah, salary!" Issil kind of remembers what they were doing there. "Honestly it's a good opportunity to save some ladies from unhappy lives. Maybe they'd rather be a Raven than a decoration. Besides, half-elves have a rough time here, anyway."


HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

Later, Back at Base

"Well, it seems as if we have all been quite busy today," Morvena smiles as Issil and Padraig share of their exploits at the School for Girls. "The school might also be a surprising source of information, if ones cares to wade through the average conversational detritus. Young women have surprisingly keen ears when it suits them."
_______

Doing a bit of time warp posting while Red resolves the stuff at Crissali's :)

Sovereign Court

Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Crisalli's Fine Tomes - Morvena and Geoffrey

"Now let's see here..." Nandy Crisalli is quite skilled, and as she waves a palm over one of the figurines, a look of intrigue washes over her face. "Ah, yes. A valuable artifact, though I know not how much you'd want to sell them given what they represent. These are Silver Raven figurines of Wondrous Power. The command word - I dare say it myself unless I'd like six ravens rummage through my shop - f-r-e-e-d-o-m. Speak this word, and it will transmute into a glorious metallic bird before your very eyes." She accepts the ten gold pieces as payment.

"And of course, dear, I can assist you magically. Fifteen gold pieces each. What spells were you looking for?" She pulls a spellbook from underneath the counter and slaps it on the counter. Inside are the following spells: alarm, feather fall, obscuring mist, mount, shield, shocking grasp, silent image, sleep

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Raid on Cloudborne Keep ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆ RotRL

Rust Gate - Pug

"Name's George. ... But they all call me... The Corpse Nuzzler," the dottari grunts under his breath.


Male URogue 3 HP: 21/21 AC: 15 FF:12 T:13 CMB:+2 CMD: 15 F:+2 R:+6 (Evasion) W:+2|Init:+3| Perception +7, Sense Motive +7 Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 1/1 Effects:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Pug tries to figure out if that's a nickname the man likes before hurrying along on his way. "Later George!"


HP: 20/20 l AC: 13, T 12, FF 11 l CMD 13 l F +4, R +4, W +4 l Acid Dart (6/6) l L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Appraise +7, Diplomacy +6, Kn. Arcana/Planes +9, Kn. History/Local/Religion +7, Kn. Nobility +9, Linguistics +8, Perform: String Instruments +3, Spellcraft +9
Female Human Conjurer (Spirit Binder) 3 l Active Conditions:

Morvena's eyes positively light up as Crissali opens up her spellbook for her to peruse. "Oh...oh my! What a wonderful collection," she gasps with delight as her eyes races over the intricate magical writings.

After much perusal and hemming and hawing, she finally makes her selections and points out the spells she wishes Nandy to scribe for her. "A difficult selection, as my funds are somewhat limited yet, but I believe....Alarm, Feather Fall, Mount, and Shield will do quite nicely. The rest I either already possess or would...have some extra difficulty in properly understanding their workings."

651 to 700 of 1,310 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.