Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Hells Chubbels

Game Master chubbs

This campaign will be RP and description based Thread. Not using any maps or minis besides players guide map of Kintargo.

INIT ROLLS:

[dice=Berenice]1d20+ 4[/dice]
[dice=Lirana]1d20+ 1[/dice]
[dice=Aldren]1d20+ 0[/dice]
[dice=Septimus]1d20+ 4[/dice]
[dice=Laurant]1d20+ 6[/dice]
[dice=Carawyn]1d20+ 2[/dice]
-----------------------------------------
[dice=]1d20+[/dice]
[dice=]1d20+[/dice]
[dice=]1d20+[/dice]

Kintargo.
fair fortune livery.
Loot.


51 to 100 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren nudges Berenice while staring at the halfling with the cane crowned with a silver object. He speaks quietly but with an edge of excitement in his voice, "Over there, past the fop in the yellow cap. Is that him? What's that on his cane? A raven?"

Calm yourself, Aldren. if he is your contact, it wouldn't do to reveal you both. And if he isn't, you merely draw attention to yourself. While he doesn't take his eyes off the halfling, his ears aren't so deaf that the increasing tension in the crowd is unnoticed. On the other hand, how much time do you have before this powder keg goes off?


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

GM:

"He does seem to remember us, though not our name," Carawyn says, again more to herself, though she speaks loud enough for Haace to hear. "I wonder why he's sorry, though? Is it because he has a devil for an ancestor, or something else?"


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]
DM Chubbleston wrote:
@Aldren and Berenice the kid looks up at you disbelief in his eyes. A single tear falls down his cheek, and says "Thank you" takes the coins and runs away.

Berenice nudges Aldren and gives him a look that says "Told you so."

Aldren Halfblood wrote:

Aldren nudges Berenice while staring at the halfling with the cane crowned with a silver object. He speaks quietly but with an edge of excitement in his voice, "Over there, past the fop in the yellow cap. Is that him? What's that on his cane? A raven?"

Calm yourself, Aldren. if he is your contact, it wouldn't do to reveal you both. And if he isn't, you merely draw attention to yourself. While he doesn't take his eyes off the halfling, his ears aren't so deaf that the increasing tension in the crowd is unnoticed. On the other hand, how much time do you have before this powder keg goes off?

"I think so...why the interest all of a sudden?"


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

"I was told... He pauses. What? What was I told? That damned note was clear as mud. I thought the assistance Calistrians had given the Ravens' over the years would have bought a little clarity...

He continues to watch the halfling, moving as necessary to keep him in view and hoping Berenice follows. "I got a note. It told me someone with the Silver Ravens could help me avenge them taking Keya... or... I don't know, it was vague. We had an arrangement, them and the Calistrians... kind of like with you and Laria, only they kept their identities secret." He stops, confused. "Wait. It's supposed to be a human, wearing one black glove. That's a halfling."

He stops, casting a brief glance around him to see if he's been spotted or followed.

Just double-checked the Reason for being at the Protest and saw I get a couple bonuses here. +2 to Perception and +2 to Sense Motive. I'll be adding them in to my rolls for the rest of the encounter.

Not sure which of these is more appropriate, so offering both to let you decide
Perception with Protest Bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 ouch
Sense Motive with Protest Bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 that's just cruel


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

Laurent claps Beppe on the back after they're done with their impromptu performance of old classics. "See Bepe, nothing to fear. Why, we'll be having the whole city remembering the true glory of Cheliax in no time if we keep this up," he says.

The young man is just about the begin another round of songs when he spots the red-headed Shelynite again, this time looking more nervous than ever. "Do you see that Bepe? It's out ginger friend again. She looks like she's about to faint! Maybe we should help her out?" The question is again rhetorical and he doesn't wait to hear his valet's opinion.

After slinging his lute onto his back, Laurent approaches Lirana openly, giving her a short, courtly bow when he is close enough. "Good evening madame. I noticed you earlier in the crowd speaking with that Hellknight. I may have misread you but you look distressed. Is there anything I can do to help you?"


@Carawyn-

Hattermans response:
"Succubus actually, Lass, Lass..... Friglo Was taken to be held in the City jail. He is scheduled to be Publicly tortured within the next few weeks." Hatterman says as he is shaking his head.

@Aldren and Berenice- Aldren he was supposed to be human as far as you know. Aldren you cannot make out the top of the cane. You would need to get closer. Currently the halfling appears to be listening to music by the entertainers, and not paying attention to you and Berenice.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

A bit surprised by the young man addressing her, Lirana manages a passable curtsy in response to his bow. "I thank you for your concern, I normally wouldn't venture out to such things like this alone, but I was supposed to meet my friend Cathias here. Only now that I am here, I can't find him anywhere and he wasn't at our agreed upon meeting point. I'm worried now that something must have happened to him, otherwise he would be here."

Lirana takes a deep breath to calm herself and to stop from babbling on due to nervousness. "Oh, and my name is Lirana, pleased to meet you."


@ Lirana and Laurent- "As your wish sir"we really should have left a long time ago, my friend. after reaching the Lady with a flourish and courtly bow Beppe hands her a handkerchief. Then takes a couple of steps back giving privacy.

Is that Berenice? over there, what is she doing here? hopefully she doesn't recognize me in my disguise or knows enough not to give me away.

congrats, it appears there is more to Beppe than first thought

DM/Berenice:
You recognize Beppe as a deep undercover Bellflower operative. Only a few key people know. you, Laria and two others.


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

GM:

"Oh, oh no!" Carawyn exclaims. "Why would he be tortured? Or taken to jail?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human [Cavalier 1 (Constable), AC 19, T12, FF17, HP 9/12, F:+3 R:+2 W:0 / CMB +5, CMD 17, Init +4, Perc. +4]

After dissuading the Chelish Citizen's group, Septimus goes back to his crowd watching as well as taking an occasional look to the Dotari to see what they're currently up to. Surely the annoyance of this protest will eventually catch the lord-mayor Barzillai Thrune's attention and he will be forced to react in some shape or form Septimus thinks.


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]

Berenice begins nudging her way towards Beppe.

"Cousin! It's good to see you here!" she says, jovially clapping him on the shoulder.

Just as I thought. Good thing Laria's prepared in case this Lord-Mayor makes the Network's work necessary in Kintargo again.


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren is torn as to what to do, but for now opts to stay near Berenice while trying to keep an unobtrusive eye on the halfling with the silver-crowned cane (and one hand on his coin purse).


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

"And I am pleased to meet you, as well, Mlle Lirana. My name is Laurent, and this here," he says, waving his hand to indicate Bepe, "is my valet and dear friend Bepe"

"I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have been all over the park, maybe if you describe him I ca..." Laurent says, trailing off as a halfling woman pops out of the crowd to clap Bepe on the shoulder and greet him.

"Oh, Bepe, I thought I had met all of the Puddinfoots. Is this a cousin on your mother's side? You should introduce us," he says.


@Caraywn-

Carawyn:
"They say he has been helping people escape justice. Even though it seems that Thrune doesn't really even need a reason, ever since our mayor vanished. Don't worry little one. I'll see if I can find out more and send word do you have somewhere I can contact you? I think it is about time for me to leave." Hatterman says as he looks amongst the crowd. in the distance you can hear several people just start chanting Thrune!, Thrune!, Thrune!

@everyone make your last checks for crowd.

"Oh Hi there Berenice." Beppe looks at you with a cold look but a smile on his face. In halfling which he knows Laurent doesn't speak. Beppe says "Are you addressing me to get back at me for some reason...you know I'm undercover, what's your game."

"Sir, I would like to introduce Berenice Puddinfoot, a second daughter on my Aunts side, actually. She is somewhat of a gossip and doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut." Beppe says as he glares at her over his smile.


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

From where he stands behind Berenice and somewhat distracted by other thoughts, Aldren's tongue runs off ahead of his brain. "What a coincidence. She's similarly loose with my coin purse." He blinks, realizes he just uttered a thought out loud, then looks at Laurent and Beppe with a faint blush. "Oh my, I'm sorry, quite rude of me. I didn't mean to interrupt."


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

GM:

"Oh no!" Carawyn replies. "Would he do that? Maybe he would, if he didn't think it was justice. He helped me, after all, though I had already escaped. I can get a message at the shop, as the work still will have to continue."

She watches as he leaves, remaining in the crowd as she's simply not sure what to do next. If Friglo has been taken by Thrune, there's nothing she can do after all, is there? But she wishes there were...

Rolled an 18 earlier to listen for rumors.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

Sense Motive/Listening for Rumors: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

While the Puddinfoot introductions are going on, Lirana strains her ears listening for any rumors of whats been going on lately and if the HellKnights have picked anyone up yet.

Silver Crusade

Male Human [Cavalier 1 (Constable), AC 19, T12, FF17, HP 9/12, F:+3 R:+2 W:0 / CMB +5, CMD 17, Init +4, Perc. +4]

Sense Motive to listen to rumors.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unfortunately he hears nothing of interest and instead sticks to watching the Citizen's Group and Dotari.


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]
DM Chubbleston wrote:

@Caraywn- ** spoiler omitted **

@everyone make your last checks for crowd.

"Oh Hi there Berenice." Beppe looks at you with a cold look but a smile on his face. In halfling which he knows Laurent doesn't speak. Beppe says "Are you addressing me to get back at me for some reason...you know I'm undercover, what's your game."

"Sir, I would like to introduce Berenice Puddinfoot, a second daughter on my Aunts side, actually. She is somewhat of a gossip and doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut." Beppe says as he glares at her over his smile.

Berenice scoffs.

"Erlaxatu ahal izango duzu, badakizu. Betiere nekazaritza metaforak, altu-folk ere hitz egin dugu, ez dira hura botako aldea ezagutzen dena den bezala."

Halfling:
"You can relax, you know. As long as we talk in farming metaphors, tall-folk like him aren't gonna know the difference anyway."

"First off, the name's Bluethistle, actually. Beppe's aunt is a married woman, after all! The Puddinfoots and Bluethistles have been linked for decades."

She makes a little bow.

"And who do I have the pleasure of addressing as my cousin's friend?"

When Aldren gives into the temptation to make another snide remark, Berenice shoots him a dirty look.

"You'll have to excuse my tallfolk friend here. He's still struggling to wrap his mind around the concept of charity."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

Laurent gives his most winning smile in an attempt to smooth over this very awkward series of introductions.

"Ahh, Mlle Bluethistle, you know what they say. Zeal is mortal but charity is divine," he says, giving both Berenice and Aldren a slight bow.

"As to you question, I am Laurent Jhaltero. A pleasure to meet you and your friend here," he says with a nod toward Aldren. "I believe this lovely lady, Mlle Lirana, is looking for a friend. Perhaps you have seen him? It looks like this crowd could go sour at any moment and he may be hurt. You'll never know who they might arrest and have doghoused!" he says in a stage whisper, giving a knowing look to a nearby group of ruffians and anarchists.

Bluff to suppress Anarchists: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

Lirana's hand flies up to mouth as she tries to suppress a gasp of distress. "Oh please don't even joke like that! My uncle was taken away just last week and I would hate for Cathias to be arrested as well."


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]

"Well aren't you sweeter than a peppermint pastry?" Berenice replies to Laurent. "Aldy, you could learn something from this gentleman," she adds with a smirk. When the conversation turns sour, she glowers.

"That ain't right, not by a longshot. Takin' someone from their family like that's just cruel! Where's your friend? If there's one thing grazing here's shown it's that this place needs a good tiller."

Aid Another (Bluff): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


@Carawyn-

rumors:

first woman- "Did you here that the Citizens group "found" a body three streets down from here the other night?" the second woman- "From what I heard Shalla, that they dragged some poor woman out of he house and killed here with a knife."
second (shalla)- "NO!"
first- "Yes.... so lock up your doors at night dear."

@Lirana-

Rumors:
"There was another body found in the devils nursery last night, I spoke to a friend that lives there and they think that the reason there is now a curfew is because all the killings in the street, Thrune thinks it must be the Andorains doing this........"

@Everyone--

Just a few minutes after noon, the great bells of the cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals, their deep brass tones echo across all of Kintargo. During such time, Aldren spots out of the corner of his eye a man wearing a black leather glove on his right hand, but nothing on his left. Although Aldren tries to get to the man in time, the doors of the upper balcony of the opera house fly open, and the crowd shoves forward, blocking Aldren's sight of the mysterious man.

Proudly displaying an ornate breastplate emblazoned by the pentagram of Asmodeus, Paracount Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune approaches to address the crowd. Middle aged, with short black hair and multiple facial scars, the imposing man is dressed in red, black, and orange embroidered clothing, and in his gauntleted hand he cradles a diabolical heavy mace, and a glass of red wine in the other. His mere presence seems to be overwhelming.

“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively."

“You say you chafe at the presence of non-natives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no
place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!”

he seems to locks eyes with everyone in the crowd for a few moments. as if he is judging them for some unknown crime.

"Furthermore, Anyone who associates with known rebel groups in the city or discontents shall have all immediate family taken into custody and tried for treason as well."

The crowd immediately erupts into boos and cries of anguish. With several smaller pockets of people cheering on the lord mayor. "Thrune, Thrune, Thrune!!!!" several people start bumping into other people without rhyme or reason, some starting to Argue back and forth. The crowd is starting to push everyone.

STR, DEX, or ACROBATIC check DC 12 read if you fail chk:
you fall prone..

The noise seems to be getting higher

Perception DC-15:
You see what appears to be a Halfling Mage, the same one with a Silver cane earlier casting a spell- once he is finished you see what appears to be a red dot flying towards the mayor.


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren's jaw clenches during the Lord-Mayor's announcement, though he does get a wry grin at the consequences to immediate family. Ha! Maybe I ought to turn myself in just to make them all squirm. Father would just looove the attention so much... Now where did that guy go... Uh oh.

Strength DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Just loving these rolls...not

The shoving and jostling proves too much for Aldren and he takes a tumble. "Oof!

Aldren will try to stand back up.

Perception (if I can still make it while prone): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Laurent deftly manages to catch his feet as the crowd roars its fully justified anger at the Lord Mayor and erupts into a hubbub.

Unfortunately the act of dodging and weaving between the agitated people prevents him from seeing a nearby halfling with a silver cane toss something up at Barzillai.

As soon as his attention can focus on not being bowled over, he focuses on the people that he was conversing with and tries to help any of them up if they were knocked over.


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]

Berenice glares at the Lord-Mayor as he makes his appearance. She hadn't seen him in person before, but he was exactly like she expected. A carefully-groomed, handsome persona that did nothing to hide his condescending sneer and barely contained contempt for everything around him. It was a look she'd seen before...and the last time she'd met such a man, she'd taken her freedom back from him.

When he makes up another outrageous law on the spot, she seethes and raises her fist.

"SQUASSATION ISN'T EVEN A WORD, YOU PETTY LITTLE KNOB!" she bellows, her small frame belying her mighty voice.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Skilled as she is at being underfoot, Berenice easily keeps her footing as the crowd gets riled, but her anger has her eyes squarely focused on Barzillai, and she fails to notice the halfling with the silver thingy.


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception (low-light vision): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Oh!" Carawyn cries out as the crowd jostles her, knocking her to the ground.

Perhaps its that lower vantage, or perhaps her proximity, that lets her see the halfling cast some sort of spell toward the Lord Mayor.

"Oh no," she breathes, as she struggles to get back to her feet. "That will only make things worse, I'm sure. He will certainly be squassated if His His Unholiness has his way..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Silver Crusade

Male Human [Cavalier 1 (Constable), AC 19, T12, FF17, HP 9/12, F:+3 R:+2 W:0 / CMB +5, CMD 17, Init +4, Perc. +4]

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Septimus Falkland keeps his footing when the riots start bracing himself for trouble earlier. He expected a response from Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune and indeed more crackdown of the foolish laws it seems although this has only riled up the crowd further. Septimus pulls out his Sap and Shield and readies himself for the inevitable response as definitely some protest breaking is soon coming.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

Dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"My uncle was taken in, could that mean the rest of my family could be arrested at any time?"

Lirana appears in shock at the proclamation of the Lord Mayor. Yet somehow, she still manages to keep to her feet. Perhaps some of the crowd were just leery of pushing against an obvious cleric of Sheyln?

Seeing the small gnome woman getting knocked off of her feet, Lirana moves closer to her and tries to prevent anyone from stepping on her until she regain her footing. "Are you alright miss?"


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

Carawyn looks up at the human helping her.

"Is she talking to us? Are we a miss?" she says. "I think we are alright, but I don't know if we will continue to be. I should probably say thank you for helping us while we are still alright."


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

"Well, from my angle you are a miss. If you'd rather be called something else then please feel free to tell me."

Lirana looks around at the crowd. "I wonder if the Lord Mayor is planning on sending out HellKnights to arrest people and disperse the gathering? It might not be safe to stay out here for long."

Lirana suddenly stiffens in anger as she yells at a random guy in the crowd. "Hey! Watch your hands when bumping into people!"

"Gah! What am I doing out here? Nothing accomplished, didn't learn anything I wanted to and now I have no idea where Cathais is. Did he even show up?"


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

"Oh, she wants to know what I would rather be called. I suppose I would rather be called Daughter, but unless she is my mother, that would be silly. She could call me Carawyn, but how would she know to call me that?" the gnome replies.

He pale blue eyes -- almost white -- seem to measure Lirana from above a silken veil, which doesn't quite seem to match the rest of the gnome's brightly colored, but somewhat frayed skirt and blouse.

As her outburst, the gnome's cheeks rise, perhaps denoting a smile.

"I think he was most likely watching his hands indeed. We find it's most difficult to touch what one wants to touch if one isn't watching. In fact, otherwise, it's somewhat like groping around in the dark. If one can't see in the dark, of course, that is. She doesn't look like a dwarf or an orc, so she probably can't see in the dark..."


@aldren- While you are on the ground a rather large guy steps on your hand, and another person kicks you in the knee. You take nonlethal damage from feet stomping around you. However you are able to notice before you fall the halfling cast some sort of spell right as you go down quicker than a Calistrian Mistress. Laurant then assists you up.

nonlethal: 1d3 ⇒ 3

@Berenice- after your insults someone close that heard you in the crowd yells back " DON'T BE SO SHORT SIGHTED!, HAHAHHA."

@Carawyn- before lirana helps you up, you take nonlethal damage from a woman falling on you as you trip her by being on the ground.
nonlethal: 1d3 ⇒ 2

DM/Carawyn spell:
You recognize the spell as Major image-.

You see a solid red dot be cast by a small Halfling near the outskirts of the crowd. as it get close to the baron it changes into 5 red dots then into 5 full sized tomatoes.

@septimus- I will roll your perception, missing from post
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
You see a solid red dot be cast by a small Halfling near the outskirts of the crowd. as it get close to the baron it changes into 5 red dots then into 5 full sized tomatoes.

@Lirana- I will roll your perception, missing from post
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

@everyone
when the five tomatoes fly they squarely hit Thrune in the face and body. The whole crowd suddenly goes quiet with a collective gasp and then you hear several people start chuckling then some flat out laughter followed by a lot of laughter........


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

Laurent is helping Aldren to his feet when he hears the first splat from the thrown tomato. Laurent looks up at the balcony only to see the Lord Mayor covered in tomato pulp.

While the rest of the crowd begins to laugh, instead Laurent's eyes go wide with fear. "Oh Gods, if I know Lord Barzillai's type, and I think I do, we are about to have the dottari turned on us with a license to kill," he says to his nearby group.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

Lirana's eyes widen as far as possible. "Oh my! I've seen that happen to many an actor in my day, but never to anyone with the power to sentence the thrower to death."

Lirana turns to Laurent: "I think you are right sir. It would be best if we got off the streets and out of sight as fast as possible lest we be confused with the thrower or just accused of being an accomplice."

Taking a moment to wrack her brains, Lirana tries to think of the fastest way away from their location and a safe place to take shelter.

Knowledge Local if needed?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren gratefully accepts Laurent's help in getting back to his feet and is about to say as much when the tomatoes strike.

"Oh my... Little Bee, perhaps you should extol to the good Lord-Mayor the virtues of charity and turning the other cheek, as I think this is about to get very bloody."

Aldren looks back over to where he saw the human with a single glove, hoping for another glimpse.

perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 If Aldren sees the man, he's going to try to push through the crowd to get to him.


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

"I don't think we need to worry," Carawyn tells the woman who helped her up, wincing as she's nearly trampled. "It was nothing but smoke and magic. If we can tell that despite being trampled, surely the mayor can tell such a thing from his vantage point."

Status:

HP: 9/9 (2 nonlethal)
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+4 vs. giants)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4 (+3 vs. illusion spells/effects)
CMD: 10
Effects:

Cantrips: mage hand, open/close, prestidigitation
Spells: animate rope [], peacebond (DC 14) [], unseen servant []

Sorry, didn't realize we weren't getting new post notifications.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

"Real or not, it still made him look like a fool and surely a man like that will consider this a hanging offense or at least an excuse to rough people up."


Thrune sees the spell come at him and sneers at the pitiful attempt to throw a spell at him. Trusting on his wards and personal spells to completely dispel any attacks. Unfortunately because the spell was a Illusion it gets through his formidable Warding. Splatting him squarely in the face and body. With his hand trembling he brushes off tomato paste from his nose and mouth.
With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to enraged. Looking down at the laughing crowd.
"Enough, this gathering is over! Nox, Arcan ,run them off, arrest them or kill them I don't care which!, And bring me the head of that halfling! And all those associated with him." spittle coming off his face , quickly pointing to where the halfling stood with his finger. that said the lord mayor returns into his office.

Down below a female warrior accompanied by a group of dottari guards and their leader move into the crowd bludgeoning anyone who gets close. The crowd tries to move away from them but they are to tightly packed.
A few decide to fight back and attack, someone in the audience manages a lucky throw with a dagger on the woman warrior. The knife sticking into her throat. With a snarl she yanks it out and throws it on the ground and the wound seems to instantly start healing. The woman named Nox then takes a longsword and plunges it into the man that threw it before backing out of the fight with what at the time appeared to be a mortal wound. Arcan covering her back with several Dotteri.

Berenice: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lirana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Aldren: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Septimus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Laurant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Carawyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
--------------------------------------------------

Nox: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Arcan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dotteri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CCG: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Round 1- players average wins!!!!!!!
@aldren- you cannot see the contact with one glove.

@everyone- Once the halfling is pointed out by Thrune. Everyone backs away from the halfling, the old man reaches into his pouch and pulls out a purple hat with a feather in it. The grey bearded halfing then gives a Courtly bow to everyone, and a mist suddenly expands out from his feet. Spreading outward from him within moments.

Four Warriors from the Chelish Citizens group known from their Asmodeous amulets on their neck. Take off cloaks and draw weapons. One of them shout "There is that Mouthy Halfling lets get her and her friends..." they spread out somewhat wary of attacking a obviously armed group but expecting help eventually.

Tactics to know:

1. the only open area that is not difficult terrain is in-between your group and CCG (chelish Citezens group) or if you retreat into the mist in the back.
2. You do not know what is in the mist however.
3. It appears backup will come to this group due to others in crowd or Dotteri at front door
4. Septimus might be recognized by Arcan
5. If you wish to head to exit squares (and go into the chase cards) you can as a full round action and a ,STR, DEX or acrobatics chk DC 15. however if you fail in the Chase card checks you might get cornered by CCG or dotteri. (basically escaping through the alleyways)
6. because the CCG are splitting up very few area spells will get more than 2 of them.

Silver Crusade

Male Human [Cavalier 1 (Constable), AC 19, T12, FF17, HP 9/12, F:+3 R:+2 W:0 / CMB +5, CMD 17, Init +4, Perc. +4]

Septimus Falkland expecting this response proceeds to attempt to buy time for the crowd to escape the crackdown.

Septimus Falkland steps forward into the fray with the Chelish Citizen's group, putting himself between them and the rest of the crowd. He then wacks the closest with his Sap and then cleaves into another one adjacent to him. He will power attack for good measure as well.

Sap Attack Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 Non-Lethal
Sap Attack Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11 Non-Lethal

He then yells, "Stand back devil-scum! You shall not assault the citizens of this city!"

Should be close enough as I put myself near them earlier


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren groans in consternation. Taking part in a riot was not what he had planned for the day. And I'm poorer for it, too. To the Hells with it.... He reaches beneath his surcoat and withdraws his holy symbol from its hiding place (move action). His weapons remain undrawn for now.

To the others he asks, "What's the plan? There will be reinforcements if we tarry too long."

And then the brawny human leaps to the attack... With a sap!? Fool...they'll gut him. Hoping the more martially-inclined form a sufficient barrier between him and the thugs, the half-elf takes a step back from the CCG (five-foot step; hopefully building a meat shield between him and the nasty thugs with weapons) and casts murderous command on the strongest looking of the CCG. (Standard action; Will DC 15)

Holding the symbol aloft, he invokes Calistria's name, "Take your weapons and turn their Sting on your fellow Thrice-damned lap dogs!"

Silver Crusade

Male Human [Cavalier 1 (Constable), AC 19, T12, FF17, HP 9/12, F:+3 R:+2 W:0 / CMB +5, CMD 17, Init +4, Perc. +4]

Septimus won't use Lethal Damage against the Dotari or the Chelish Citizen's group. He knows full well that killing any of them would spark a pretty serious murder charge. If he escalates to lethal weapons, the Citizen's group and the Dotari will do the same. He's not here to fight, he's here to buy time for the crowd to escape.


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

I get that. No explanation needed. Just reacting in character. :-)


Female HP 9, AC 14, T 14 FF 12, Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4, Per +8 (low-light), CMD 10 Gnome witch 1

Spoiler:

HP: 9/9 (2 nonlethal)
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+4 vs. giants)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4 (+3 vs. illusion spells/effects)
CMD: 10
Effects:

Cantrips: mage hand, open/close, prestidigitation
Spells: animate rope [], peacebond (DC 14) [], unseen servant []

"They get quite excited," Carawyn observes as the battle breaks out. "Wouldn't we be better to run away, like everyone else is doing? That mist does seem familiar, though..."

Ignoring the incipient violence in front of her, she ducks into the mist to see what, if anything, can be seen.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 1: Init +6; Perception +5; Saves Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1; AC 15, Touch 12, FF 13; HP 8/8

Laurent sees the gnome woman scamper away into the mist while Aldren begins to, strangely, order the Chelish Citizen's Group members to hurt each other.

Mentally shrugging, Laurent draws out his short sword and interposes himself between the CCG ruffians and any of the people in his current group who might want to flee.

"Stand back, knaves. These people have done nothing wrong and I won't let you harm them," he says loud enough for the CCG to hear. Hopefully between himself and the heavily armored man beating them with saps, they'll back off.

Actions:
Move: Draw sword; 2nd Move: Interpose Laurent between the CCG and any members of the party who look like they want to flee.


Female Human Cleric / 1 | HP: 8/8 AC: 14/11/13 CMB: 0 CMD: 11 | Init: +1 Per: +4 | Saves: F: 3 R: 2 W: 6 (+2 on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects +1 on all saving throws against mind-affecting effect)

"May Shelyn be merciful, bless us all and see us safely though this night."

Lirana casts Bless and considers anyone not in CCG or dottari to be allies for the purpose of the spell.

"Uh yeah, we should leave quickly before they summon more help." Lirana moves behind Laurent and the heavily armored man, trying to make sure that they don't intend to make a last stand here or anything similarly pointless. She also scan the area, looking for an exit point.


@septimus- They are too far spread out for cleave. They are not adjacent to each other per description. The first guard goes down with a mighty Thwack! having taken in many criminals in your time to subdue. The guard he appears to be just knocked senseless.

@Carawyn- you blindly follow into the fog only seeing vague outlines of people. You do not see the older halfling in the fog nor feel him as you make your way through it.- Carawyn i need to know if you are hiding in the fog or trying to get out of it. You are about at the end of the spells range. (obscuring mist)

@laurent- the guard yells at you after seeing one of his friends go down. " Get out of my town you Rebel scum!!" and charges you. as he comes forward you think you are going to parry the attack and then at the last moment he twists his mace around your blade to squarely hit you in the side. take 3 hp nonlethal from the CCG4 charging you.

@aldren- the CCG3 guard as he is getting ready to attack. suddenly, after your spell is completed yells at CCG2 guard "I'll teach you to sleep with my wife you Thrice Damned Traitor" and moves forward to flank the guard that is attacking septimus. that guard looks back with "Are you CRAZY STINT, I wouldn't do that."

CCG1.- Knocked out-
CCG2. moves forward to attack Septimus- attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
CCG3 (Stint). attacks with flank against CCG2 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
CCG4. charges Laurant- attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Tactical:

1. Septimus is out in front of the group. flanking temporally with one of the guards(CCG3) helping with another guard (CCG2). the first guard appears to be knocked out at his feet.
2. lareunt is a little behind Septimus. To the foraward left of Aldren and maybe 5 ft. away is Lirana behind Laurant.
3. the fog cloud is still behind yall.
4. Arcan appears to be guarding the opera door still.

Sorry with the first combat, ill get better at formatting and I'm trying also to use discriptions. I assume ill get better with practice.
---Round 2---


[Slayer (Vanguard) 1, AC 18, T14, FF14 / HP 12/12, F+5 R+6 W-1 / CMB +2, CMD 15/ Init +4, Perc. +4]

Berenice draws her sword, knowing a fight in such close quarters was going to maker her trusty bow a liability. She gets back-to-back with the guardsman who came to their defense.

"Name's Berenice Bluethistle. What's yours, so I can help us get out of here alive?"

Still a little disoriented from how much has happened while I've been gone! 0.o


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Calistria | HP: 7/8 | AC: 17 t10 fl 17 | Fort +2 Ref +0 Will +6 | Init +0 | Perception +6 (low-light) | CMB +2 CMD 12 Conditions: -1 AC (no shield while descending ladder)

Aldren gives a perverse smile as one of the jackboots attacks the other. Weak minded fools. Too bad his aim is just as weak. He sees one of the others charge Laurent. He's a noble but at least on the right side of this...

Aldren moves up behind Laurent, drawing his morningstar as he does, then casts guidance on the man, "May the Savored Sting guide your blade!"

OOC notes for Laurent and GM:

Laurent gets a +1 to his next attack or save roll. It's a competence bonus, so it will stack with the morale bonus from the bless spell

Aldren is not wielding his shield right now, so his AC is only 16

@ GM: With Selective Channeling, how viable is a channel negative energy here? I think I can only exclude two allies...if I do that, are there other innocents I might hit, or would it be limited to the CCG thugs?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@aldren and lirana- I have been thinking about it so this is the rule of thumb. you only have to use your selective channel on people actively engaged with enemy's I think that would be the best way to do it. (example only laurant and septimus are engaged. Those would be the selective channel either healing or harm. and let people use move actions to "get outta the way"). unless in small spaces. I think most people would leave out of the combat area that are not fighting. because we are using group initiatives . that should take care of that, and the opposite of that the group could use the move action to get into lirana healing range. but then they would be grouped for AOE spells.

51 to 100 of 457 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hells chubbels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.