Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Hells Angels - Fox Force Five Hells Rebels

Game Master Dennis Harry

Kintargo Map

Fair Fortune Livery Basement vs. the Infernal Outsiders

Wasp Nest

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Hiranno[dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Zeldana[dice]1d20 + 3[/dice]
Sholti [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Irisa [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Tiel [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Hiranno[dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Zeldana[dice]1d20 + 3[/dice]
Sholti [dice]1d20 + 6[/dice]
Irisa [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Tiel [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]


1 to 50 of 998 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The city of Kintargo is suffering. Renowned as the most prominent beacon of artistry, creativeness and free thinking in the whole of the opressive infernal empire of Cheliax, the city has fallen on dire straits.
No more than 10 days ago the lord mayor Jilia Bainilus disappeared under mysterious circumstances, apparently leaving for Arcadia, and was immediately replaced by Barzillai Thrune, the newly appointed paracount of the archduchy of Ravounel.

These are strange times for Cheliax. Nothing has been the same since the iomedean inspired revolt known as the Glorious Reclamation has rocked the southern part of the country and the reigning House Thrune has responded by thightening its grip on everything it could.

It seems Barzillai was the attempt to secure the archduchy of Ravounel, a notorious hotbed of sedition and rebellion against the Asmodeus-given right to domination of House Thrune, but no one thought too much of it.
Apparently this lack of concern was a grave mistake.

A week ago, 3 days after mayor Bainilus disappearance, the Victocora's estate burned to the ground and the whole noble family went suddenly missing, in what is now called the "night of ashes". At the same time important figures and common people alike started disappearing. Some were taken in for interrogation by the dottari guards and never came back home, while some others just disappeared, apparently without anyone able to confirm what happenend to them. The most unfortunate were those found guilty of some alleged crime and publicly exectued by order of Barzillai himself.

In the following days this trend continued and after declaring martial law, Barzillai issued seven proclamations who offended and enraged the sensibilities of several kintargan citizen:

Barzillai Proclamations:

Proclamation the First: All slayers of city pests (hereby ascribed as doves, mice, and ravens) who present said pests to the dottari shall be rewarded with a bounty of one copper piece.

Proclamation the Second: All places of public business must display in a position of prominence within the first room accessible from the building’s primary entrance a portrait of Her Infernal Magestrix Queen Abrogail II. Said portrait must measure no less than 17 by 11 inches.

Proclamation the Third: All those who capture, alive and unharmed, feral dogs of a weight exceeding 50 pounds are to be rewarded with a payment of two silver pieces upon transfer of the dogs to the dottari. Such noble guardian creatures should find homes worthy of their kind!

Proclamation the Fourth: The right to wear fine embroidered clothing in public is hereafter proscribed to anyone other than agents of House Thrune or the Holy Church of Asmodeus. Exceptions can be awarded or purchased at the city’s discretion.

Proclamation the Fifth: Grain is life! Should grain be spilled in public, all must be gathered, cleaned, and repackaged within the hour. Any person who allows grain to go ungathered after a spillage shall be fined one copper piece per grain.

Proclamation the Sixth: The imbibing of night tea brings a dangerous imbalance to the slumbering mind. Between the hours of sunset and sunrise, the taking of tea is proscribed.

Proclamation the Seventh: The odor and flavor of mint is an abomination to the refined palate. Be not the cretin! Mint use in candies, drinks, and all manner of confections is hereby proscribed.

Unsurprisingly the dituation didn't sit well with a lot of Kitargans. Several minor protests have already taken place into the city's streets and squares, only to be rapidly put down by the dottari guards and the hellknights of the order of the Rack.

Yet even this has not been enough to quench the flame of rebellion and today you find yourselves at Aria Park, a location just south of the Kintargo Opera House where Barzillai Thrune has made his new home, after closing it to the public.

By fate or design you find yourselves near each other in the wet and crispy morning air. A light drizzle has just finished pouring over your heads and people are starting to converge on the still half empty plaza, seems like you have time to make the acquaintance of your fellow protesters!


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

Hiranno stood watching as the number of participants in todays protest swelled as the light rainfall slowly started to end. Unlike most of the crowd, Hiranno appeared as a Tian woman of long black hair and thin frame, dressed in garb more common in her home country but, bits and pieces of her outfit were just like that of her fellow Kintargo citizenry.

She stood, just like them, to protest this horrid crackdown of law by Thrune. Not expecting what was to happen, she brought along weapons of her own. While hoping notto use them, there was a nagging feeling that she'd have to eventually as the protest went underway.


Female Human (Kellid) Oracle (Seeker) 1 | Init +4 | Perc +6[+7 vs traps] | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 CMD 11 | HP 22/22 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | 1st level spells: 2/6 | Conditions: None

Irisa is anoxcious about the fate of her parents. She hasn't heard a word from them for several days. Still her anexity doesn't lead to inaction, but rather fuel her desire to get the bottom of things. She wishes her parents had been more inclusive of her in their dealings, yet at the same time she can't help but wonder if it's the very sheltering that has allowed her to remain free. Still, her freedom would amount to nothing if she did not use it. She will do what she can to find out about her parents and make sure they are free if possible. She has dressed up in fancy armor, not quite knowing what to expect, a heirloom from of her mother's travels, with a crossbow strapped to her back. Finally yesterday she heard about a man with a single glove that was supposed to be here today. Maybe he will know more? She'll do her best to find him.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Half-elf Paladin (Chosen One) 2

Tiel moves through the gathering crowd, furtively looking for the man with the distinctive clothing. She was probably going to attend this protest anyway, as she is as fed-up with Thrune as is anyone else. But now she has a more important reason to be here. This man she is supposed to meet is said to have information about her brother and she is becoming desperate for anything that could lead her to him.

She notices several people also looking around the park, probably looking for friends or compatriots. She briefly considers the possibility that they may also be searching for the man with the black glove. She almost dismisses that thought but then, If he knows about Lodran, she thought he may know about other missing people too. I wonder who else could be waiting to meet with him here.

As she is not paying attention to where she is walking, she almost runs over a Tian woman. "Oh! I'm sorry," she says. "This may sound like a weird question, but have you seen a man wearing only one black glove?"

Percept Tiel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Percept Usiu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

It seems to me that attending a protest fully armed and armored is asking for trouble. If things have been leading up to that kind of protest, then she'll be decked out. If not, she'll be in normal clothes.


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Zeldana pulled the hood of her cloak down a bit more to covered her duel colored hair as she looked around the crowd. Doing her best not to be seen by the Hell Knights or other guards, Zeldana slowly tried to move closer to the crowd to listen well to what was said. She hoped there might be some information about those who had been taken and imprisoned for beliefs that had been outlawed thanks to Barzillai Thrune.

When she found a spot that she felt was far enough from the guards yet still had a quick route out, she lowered her hood. She just hoped that this day would go smoothly, but with the weather and the pit in her stomach she began to worry. She shivered as she brought her hands to her lips and blew warm air into them.

If it gets any colder it won't be good for the flowers... I don't want to close mama's shop early...

As Zeldana waited for things to underway she thought through what flowers could be picked now and what she may have to cover if the weather gets worse. Every now and again she would look up and scan the crowd before getting lost in her mind once again.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception to just really see if she notices anything


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti pulls her coast closer around herself as she watches the growing crowd of people in Aria Park. It's chilly and she hasn't yet adjusted to Kintargo's colder weather.

With less than a month back in the city after several years away, Sholti found the city changed in some ways from what she remembered. But her time away seems to have mattered less than the events of almost two weeks ago for making the city unfamiliar. After what people were now calling the "Night of Ashes", the mood in Kintargo has shifted so much that Sholti can almost taste it in the air. The mood in the city is now tense and uncertain. People are confused, frightened, and increasingly, angry.

Her parents had quite a lot to say about the political changes in Kintargo now that Thrune has directly appointed a Mayor, and the prior Mayor has disappeared, but Sholti is still digesting all of that information.

Sholti decided, against he advice of her parents, to come to the protest this morning to get a first-hand look at what is happening. Keeping in mind her parents' worries, and the violent breakup of some other rallies, Sholti has taken the precaution of wearing a chain shirt beneath her coat and bringing along her scimitar, things she wouldn't normally bother with. She also hopes she will find Shensen present at the rally. Aside from her parents, the opera star is the person Sholti most wants to see in Kintargo. She and Sholti seem to have so much in common. However, Shensen has apparently not been seen for almost two weeks now, since the Silver Star had burned along with several other buildings on the night of Thrune's arrival.

All Sholti has to go on is that Shensen is fairly tall and blond, almost white, haired, and a Half-Elf. It's never easy to find someone without having ever seen them before, but Sholti figures Shensen's distinctive appearance will be enough. If she even makes an appearance here today.

Perception:
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27

Perception rolls seem to be in style :)


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

Hirrano smiled and gave a slight bow, "It is fine. I'm afraid however that no, I have not seen anyone like that."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"There are many people here, so it maybe difficult to find the person you are looking for."


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

As Sholti mills about the edges of the crowd, she finally spies a tall, blond half-elven woman walking about among the protesters. Her heart jumps at the possibility that she has found the woman she is looking for.

Moving in closer, Sholti sees that the woman has a thrush riding on her shoulder and occasionally fluttering into the air for a moment. That decides it! Who else but a singer and orator would have a thrush as a pet? I have to find a way to casually meet her...

She angles through the crowd in such a way that she eventually meets the woman almost head-on. Sholti looks up and begins to move aside as if to pass by the woman, then stops and says to her in a voice that's a little too perky, as if she is slightly nervous: "Oh! Please pardon me, but aren't you the opera performer Shensen?"


Half-elf Paladin (Chosen One) 2

A look of slight disappointment crosses Tiel's countenance as she distractedly looks about, then suddenly remembers her manners. "Thank you," she says, smiling at the Tian woman."I'd love to stay and chat, but I really must find this person." She turns to continue her search, her smile fading quickly just before she is stopped cold by another woman.

Momentarily stunned by the woman's question, several thoughts go through her mind. That's an odd question. Wait, was that a code phrase? Was there supposed to be a code phrase? She glances down at the other woman's hands. No glove. Maybe it was a real question. Maybe I should answer her before she thinks I'm an idiot."Uhm, no, I'm not. Sorry. Were you expecting to meet someone? It seems to be the day for it."


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

"Good luck then," Hiranno responds as the woman walks away. She continues to watch the woman until she in turn gets bumped by someone else in the crowd. What a strange bird that woman had she thought, but pushed it to the back of her mind as the protest continued.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti is surprised, first because the woman is not who she thought, and second that she seems not to know who Shensen is. What an odd coincidence that she looks so much like Shensen's description

Sholti is a bit embarrassed by her mistake. Oh, I'm sorry. No, I wasn't expecting to meet anyone. It's just that you looked to me very much like a local entertainer. As she had been described to me anyway. My apologies for disturbing you. Good day.

Sholti hurries on her way and looks about for an out of the way spot from which she can watch the protest unfold.


As the hours wear on, more and more citizens press into the area. A dozen dottari guards and one scowling woman who appears to lead them stand before the locked entrance to the opera house. These guards appear nervous and edgy.

Some of the protesters call for their new lord-mayor to lift his unreasonable restrictions, while others call for an end to foreign rule and demand a proper election to determine Lord-Mayor Bainilus’s successor. Many seem content merely to yell and agitate, but a growing minority show their unabashed support of Barzillai Thrune by arguing back at the protesters.

The crowd gathering in the market square consists of Kintargo partisans, economic conservatives, advocates of democracy, anarchists, and Chelish loyalists. As none of you are specifically tied to any of these factions you are able to move to through and between them hearing their general concerns and complaints as they speak among themselves. The Partisans despise Cheliax’s tightening grip on their city and demand local rule), the Conservatives feel the squeeze as Thrune enacts new taxes, the Democrats bitterly complaint of Thrune’s appointment instead of legal election, the Anarchists hope the protest turns into a good riot, and the Loyalists, of course, support Thrune’s actions to curb the city’s dissentious streak.

Hirano:
The crowd’s general mood is agitated and discontented, but not overtly violent. S you continue to observe unusual crowd, you notice a pickpocket cut a coin purse, what do you do?

Irisa:
You have yet to see the man with one black glove.

Sholti:
You hear a rumor as you pass through the crowds, “Shame they closed down the opera house—I was looking forward to seeing Shensen in the role of Aolar in Huntress of Heroes. Of course, they say she’s gone missing too—wouldn’t surprise me if she got herself thrown in some Thrune oubliette, the way she’s gone on about the government.”

Tiel:
You have yet to see the man with one black glove.

Zeldana:
You hear a rumor as you pass through the crowds, “The Thrashing Badger burned down a few nights ago. They’re saying it was another bar fight gone too far, but they’re just a bunch of drunk old professors and barristers… Seems like a lot of places are burning down lately, between this, the Silver Star, and the Victocora estate.”

Perception DC 20:
You catch glimpses of a figure watching the proceedings from behind a mostly curtained window on the opera house’s third floor.

As the event wears on, please give me another Perception check. So far, you have been here for an hour milling about.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Shensen not seen for some days now. With the Silver Star burned as well, that doesn't sound good at all.

Sholti had heard that the Silver Star had burned the night Barzillai Thrune has arrived to seize control of the city. Her parents had told her that. She also knew from them that it was Shensen's shop, as well as Sarenrae's Chapel here. Whether taken or in hiding, she could see no other reasonable conclusion than Shensen being a Thrune target.

Sholti glanced toward the Opera House. Closed of course, everyone must know that by now. She notices a figure looking out from among the curtains of a 3rd floor window. But not unoccupied.

Sholti is tempted to approach the man who had mentioned Shensen, but the mood of the crowd is touchy. She resists the idea because she doesn't want to be seen and associated with unknown people and their unknown sympathies right now. Instead she keeps moving about to see what else she might learn.

Perception:
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23


Female Human (Kellid) Oracle (Seeker) 1 | Init +4 | Perc +6[+7 vs traps] | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 CMD 11 | HP 22/22 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | 1st level spells: 2/6 | Conditions: None

An hour has passed already? That's a lot. I had planned on taking 20 after seeing the result of the first check, it'll only take 1-2 minutes. I guess I'll just do it now then, for [/b]28[/b] with guidance to find the gloved man. I'll start up some interaction with the others if this yields nothing.

I can't let my only lead slip this easily. They are my parents! What will I do if they are gone? I just have to do my utmost to make sure I succed. There should be a pattern in the crowd, some path I can follow to make it much more likely to find him. Irisa whispers a series of quick prayers as she intensify her search. "Please guide my search. Lead my travels on the correct path to find who i'm looking for. Grant me luck to run into the right person." She repeats various similar phases as she let the magic of her goddes fill her.


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

Just catching it, Hiranno sees a man cut a coin purse right from another. These kind of situations were optimal for such sort of thievery. An angry populace more focused on venting their frustration. She would have none of that.

"Thief!" she calls out, pointing at the pickpoket in the crowd. She looks around to see the crowds reaction.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Half-elf Paladin (Chosen One) 2

Tiel continues looking through the crowd for the man with one black glove. She also notices that the crowd is getting more rowdy the more people show up, as well as the guards getting nervous. I hope this doesn't turn violent. That would be bad.

Perception Tiel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception Usiu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Zeldana listened to the whispers among the crowd before she got out a small journal and seems to jot something down before quickly returning it to a save place.

First the Victocora estate, then the Silver Star, and now The Thrashing Badger... something isn't right... why burn down those places?

As her mind mulled over the new information Zeldana's eyes wondered about and came to rest on the opera house's third floor window. The shadow figure sent chills down her spine and she couldn't help but shake her head. He won't even come out and face his people... no... He's a Thrune... proud.... something isn't right... She though, but was snapped out of her thoughts bu a voice yelling thief.

She searched the area till her eyes came to rest on a Tien woman pointing to an area. This doesn't surprise me... this is a thief's play ground.


Sholti

You continue to circulate through the crowd keeping to yourself. The factions here begin to separate into their own groups so pushing through the crowd becomes a bit easier, so long as you do not try to push into any particular group.

As you walk you hear the locals talk.

Rumors:
“Someone’s killing tieflings down in the Devil’s Nursery. I’ve heard that whoever’s doing it is taking trophies, but I’m not sure what kind. Sounds like the Slasher’s back... Just what we need!”

“Been hearing strange noises around the old livery again. I hope Barzillai gets the government together enough to tear that old eyesore down.”

Yet another hour passes and still no sign of the performer.

Make another Perception roll.


Irisa

You begin to scan the crowd with a more critical eye. It seems that as crowded as it is after the first hour the crowd reaches maximum capacity. If the man you seek is here, it will be only a matter of time before you find him.

You stay away from the loyalist crowds assuming he will not be there and begin to inspect the other factions for any signs of him. As the day wears on, despite your best effort, you have seen no sign yet.

Make another Perception roll.


Hiranno

You point out the thief in a crowd so thick with people while he is hard to notice as you have identified him, it is also hard for him to make his escape!

The Citizens group apprehends him with ease and detains him until the Dottari can come collect the thief. The victim approaches you, he cocks his head as he inspects you, "Not from this area are you my dear? I am Tombus Regegious. You have my thank for it is my pocket this thief tried to pick. A small token of my esteem".

He hands you 5 GP.

Make another Perception roll.


Tiel

You and Ysiu scan the crowd for your contact. The square is so crowded you can't believe the person is not here it seems all of Kintargo has come out in full force this day.

Rumor:
Usiu repeats a portion of a rumor she hears, "Nox, is half devil!"[/b]

Still, as another hour passes by, you have yet to find who you are looking for.

Make another Perception roll.


Zeldana

You watch as the Kitsune points out the thief. The pick pocket is quickly apprehended and arrested by Barzillai Thrune's goons.

A man approaches the Kitsune and speaks with her for a short time before handing her something.

Make a Knowledge Local check to see if you recognize either one.

You walk the crowd trying to listen in for more rumors but you hear nothing with so many screaming voices. As you turn around considering whether you should leave standing before you is a man wearing a finely embroidered cloak in clear violation of the law, his face seems somehow familiar...

"Zeldana, I trust I find you well?" he asks with a broad smile.

Make another Perception roll.


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

If she can make it untrained.
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Zeldana let out a low gasp as she almost ran into the man just behind her when she turned around. She placed her hand over her heart as she breathed a few heavy breaths.

"That depends... Does almost having a heart attack count?" She asked him as she regained her composure.


Zeldana

You do not recognize either figure.

This man captures your undivided attention as he is rather handsome, "My apologies then, it was not my intention to startle you. I have never seen you outside of your shop and felt that I should take the opportunity to speak with you since we are both here together".

Make a Wisdom check DC 7.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti takes notes of the things she hears and continues to do what she been doing so far. Circulating, watching and listening.

perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Wisdom: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

A light blush runs over the half-elves woman's face as she listens to his words. "Yes well... Since mother and father got taken away... I've been very busy with the shops." She said with a slight shrug. "Is there something I could do for you sir? Or have you just saught me out for company?" She asked.


Half-elf Paladin (Chosen One) 2

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people in this city are half-devil. Tiel mentally comments on the rumor Usiu told her about while scanning the crowd. Where *is* he?!

"Wait," she says in a whisper and stops cold. What if there is no contact? What if this is some kind of trap? She begins looking around at the guards and the edges of the crowd for more guards or soldiers.

Perception Tiel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception Usiu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

"Why thank you sir," she politely bows, accepting the gold. She then turns to talk with others in the crowd. Learning of the varying opinions of the protest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Right now Hiranno has been disguised as a Human from Tien, does the party see me as a Kitsune now through the checks for the crowd?


Hiranno wrote:
Right now Hiranno has been disguised as a Human from Tien, does the party see me as a Kitsune now through the checks for the crowd?

No retcon what I said, did not realize you were disguised but I should have suspected! The local does not recognize you though so what he said is valid enough.


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

Alright


Zeldana

"I am very sorry for that having happened to you. The law is the law but I did what I could to keep you out of harm's way.

What you can do for me is grant me the privilege of your company this fine day. I hope the crowd does not become more ruthless. I have been told Nox has a rather short fuse...

I am Dalth Cerrano by the way. I know I keep not telling you my name", he says smiling. He seems a bit nervous.


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

She's never met him before right?

Did what I could?

"I don't mind that Mr. Cerrano but could you answer a question for me?" Zeldana asked as she looked over the man's face trying to place him.


Zeldana

Not dressed like this you haven't... :-)

As you look closer at his face and consider his words that feeling gnawing at the back of your mind you could not place finally clicks. It dawns on you, This is the Hellknight that has been visiting your shop since your parents arrest. He is not trying to arrest you, he is trying to court you!


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

The moment her mind connected the dots Zeldana froze, eyes wide. "You!" She gasped. "Keep not telling! Oh Zel..." She said as she shook her head. "Ser Dalth Cerrano? You're the knight who had been hanging around my shops?!" She asked as quietly as she could so she wouldn't case a scene.

"B-but... you're not in your armor... what are you doing here?" She asked starting to get worried.

Oh Desna help me! What do I do?!


Zeldana

He smiles, "I am watching the crowd for signs of a riot incognito of course. I saw you and felt compelled to spek to you. I trust that is alright?"


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Oh... He's cute when he smiles...No! Don't blush...
Zeldana did her best to compose herself before him, and tried to take her mind off the fact he had arrested her parents.

"So then you are on duty. You're just wearing... Very nice clothes so not to stick out like you would have in your armor?" Zeldana asked as she crossed her arms.


Zeldana

"That's right. The armor draws attention to be sure. It would be best if you stayed with me, things may get, rough soon..."


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

The feeling Zeldana had from earlier settled back into her gut, ".... Dalth, what is going to happen?" Zeldana asked. "And don't say nothing or don't worry about it. Because neither of those are going to work." She stated as she looked at the crowd.


Female Human (Kellid) Oracle (Seeker) 1 | Init +4 | Perc +6[+7 vs traps] | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 CMD 11 | HP 22/22 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | 1st level spells: 2/6 | Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Gather Information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Irisa is disappointed that she hasn't found her contact yet and she starts asking around. She can't give up, no matter if it's risky. "Excuse me, but you haven't happened to see a man wearing only a single glove, a black one? I was supposed to meet him here."

If taking 20 doesn't work, rolling is unlikely to do so. Would love to have someone to play against... Though don't have much time to post right now


Sholti

As you circulate, you hear yet more gossip from the crowd.

Rumor:
“I hear the dottari guard towers are so full of prisoners now they’re keeping those they arrest in warehouses. My
cousin even said they’re putting prisoners to work in places like Sallix Salt Works.”

As the third hour draws to a close, the crowds that oppose and support the new rule are becoming much and much more hostile towards one another.

As you consider whether to stay or to go the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.

Tiel

You work your way to the edge of the crowd in case this whole meeting is nothing more than a set up.

You don't see any more guards, at least none dressed as guards at any rate.

You see a human woman working her way around the fringe, she is quite tall perhaps 6' with blonde hair and bright blue eyes, she wears an outfit that accentuates a figure no doubt gifted to her by Shelyn. What draws you to her the most is what she says, "Excuse me, but you haven't happened to see a man wearing only a single glove, a black one? I was supposed to meet him here."

As you stare right at her and she notices you the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.

Irisa

As you work the crowd you hear plenty of gossip.

Rumors:

“Looks like Thrune’s bringing public excruciations to Kintargo. I can’t imagine that’ll increase his popularity
around these parts, even if the criminals he punishes deserve it. This ‘doghousing’ thing sounds particularly
frightening!”

“Well, I heard Lord-Mayor Bainilus didn’t flee to Arcadia at all. Broke her neck falling down a flight of stairs.
Praying a bit too hard to Cailean, if you understand my meaning.”

Your questioning does lead to you locking eyes with a half-elven woman a touch shorter than you. She looks as if she is considering saying something to you but before she can, the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.

Hiranno

You notice that he crowds who oppose Barzillai Thrune turn a cold shoulder to you after your encounter with the man whose pocket was picked.

You settle into the crowds trying to blend with them. The factions begin shouting at each other and throwing small items at one another. You shake your head knowing no good comes of so many so angry so close together.

Then the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.

Zeldana

The man smiles as he walks you away to the edge of the crowd to watch. "We believe there are provocateurs in the crowd who will turn this into a full scale riot. The Thrune is not taking this threat seriously enough so I and a few of my comrades have come to ensure that order is kept. Stay here, I will retrieve you when this event settles and escort you home".

That said he smiles and heads back into the crowd.

You stay near that spot, partly out of fear and partly out of curiosity. Before you can decide what to do next, the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals.


Barzillai Thrune

A moment later, Barzillai Thrune throws wide the windows and their curtains to address the crowd below. Thrune is an imposing man dressed in red, orange, and black clothing and an ornate breastplate, all emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax. Middle-aged, with short, dark hair and a diabolical mace cradled in his hands, the lord-mayor of Kintargo addresses the crowd with a condescending sneer. The gathering swiftly grows quiet as he clears his throat and gives a short speech.

“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.

“You say you chafe at the presence of non-natives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands:

All ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!”


The crowd begins to become restless as murmuring at the harsh punishment that is being laid at the feet of the ship captains is clearly unpopular.

Knowledge Local DC 15:
Squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.

What do you do?


Half-elf Paladin (Chosen One) 2

Tiel listens to this new proclamation and thinks That's not what we're talking about, you twisted jerk! Then she mutters under her breath "And what the heck is "squassation?""

Knowing no ship captains who would be affected by this proclamation, Tiel returns to more immediate concerns: the woman she had seen just a moment ago. She looks around suspiciously and walks up to her. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but overhear you asking about a man with a black glove. I was also supposed to meet someone with that description here, but I haven't found him either.


Female Kitsune Lvl 1 Ninja Lvl 1 Kitsune// HP:9/9 // AC:17 // Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +1 // Touch:14 //FF:12 //CMD:14 //BAB:+1 //CMB:+1/ +4(FEAT) //Init: +4 //Perc: +4 //
DC:17:
She is actualy a Kitsune in disguise

Hiranno feels alone in the crowd after helping the man. Seeing the crowd seem to take a turn for the worse, she takes steps back toward the outskirts of the crowd, trying to maintain at least some connection to the protest.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

A terribly harsh punishment. Seems he's twisted the words, but this could only make the situation worse," she thought to herself. Hiranno scans around for a potential crack down.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

She gave him a worried as he left her side and headed back to the crowd. Now I'm really worried...

When the bells tolled Zeldana took out the small journal again. She noted the time, and date of the peals before putting it away. Just after she did their lord-mayor throws open his windows to speak.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." Zeldana mutters to herself as the people begin to shout. She quickly scans the crowd for Dalth and even tries to pick out who else might be a Hell Knight in fancy clothes as tries to assess the situation, and just how bad it is.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

If someone doesn't do something people are going to get hurt...

Zeldana curse under her breath as she gathered her strength before addressing the crowd from the area Dalth had left her at. "People of Kintargo hear me! I understand your anger and frustration! Truly I do! My own parents.." Zeldana stopped for a second to fight back the tears, her facial expression that of grief. "Where taken from our home for their faith in Desna, and I wish them free just like the rest of you wish for freedom but if this becomes a riot it will do nothing to further the wish of freedom! All it will do is fill the streets with blood and the cells with bodies. Then none would be left to dispute his injustic. So please I ask, no, I beg you, return to your homes this day. Return to your families, and for those like me... With no family to return to... Don't lose faith! I sure haven't." Zeldana looked at the people she had just spoken to, hoping they took her words to heart.

Sorry if some areas of this seem odd. I am still at work for another hour and I've been working on this post since our GM posted, which means I've been on my phone writing it... Which has a very stupid autocorrect program that changes the whole word if it doesn't think it belongs there.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

With the crowd fragmenting into more partisan and antagonistic groups, Sholti decides that if she doesn't find one to join she will soon be awkwardly standing out all by herself. It certainly won't be the pro-Thrune group so she merges into the protesters.

Things sound much worse than I imagined if all of the rumors I'm hearing are true. I doubt that Lord-Mayor Bainilus fell down any steps though. Whether she drinks heavily or not that's just to convenient considering who she is and all of the people who are going missing.

When Barzillai Thrune makes his appearance on the balcony, it takes only a couple of minutes for Sholti to decide he is a horrible man. She has no idea what squassation might be, but if "Doghousing" is any clue it must be awful. She furrows her brow at his oily new proclamation.

I'm sure mother will have something to say about that! Things here are so much more depressing than I imagined.


Female Human (Kellid) Oracle (Seeker) 1 | Init +4 | Perc +6[+7 vs traps] | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 CMD 11 | HP 22/22 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | 1st level spells: 2/6 | Conditions: None

Irisa's eyes goes wide at the response from Barzillai. "I think he might just be making up these punishment as he goes, I have no idea what it is either." Irisa responds to Tiel's comment to the announcement. "He does the opposite of what we want, just to show he can abuse his power." Irisa is disappointed over the state of things, rather than being angry like most of the crowd.

Her shock takes a turn for the better as Tiel responds about the man. Finally! Someone who knows about him! Though it's worrisome I could somehow find someone like that before finding the man himself. "Oh, what a coincidence. I wonder where he can be. I have been looking for hours. I hope we find him, or else..." Irisa's words trail off as she batters away the thought that the man can possibly be a false lead, that they somehow have both been set up. She can't afford to let her hope falter now.

After a moments hesitation she voices her fresh idea. "Actually, you know what, we can help each other out. If we stay within sight of each other, we can cover a wider area. There will be less blind spots to miss him if he passes us in the crowd."

She reaches out a hesitant hand. "A small blessing of luck can only help us in finding what we are looking for"

Guidance on both herself and Tiel. I'm going to take 20 on perception again for 28. Tiel could aid Irisa if she trusts her and/or is desperate enough (as could Usiu I suppose). The method of searching she's proposing is kinda what you do when you look for someone lost in a forest or something, except here it's a crowd. Of course it might be a bit back and forth RP with Tiel before we actually get to the searching part.


The murmuring of the crowd turns into a chorus of shouts decrying the Thrune's latest pronouncements.

Zeldana You see no further sign of Dalth, nor any of the Hellknights he claims are here working the crowd. As the shouting begins in earnest you manage to calm the section of the Conservative crowd down with your impassioned plea as they were the least likely to cause a riot they were easily pacified.

Sholti You step closer to the group advocating for democracy. At the edge of the crowd you lock eyes with a human male middle aged. He approaches you, "Are you Irisa?" he asks.

Irisa & TielWith four sets of eyes instead of two you are able to systematically scan the crowd for the man wearing one black glove. Finally, Irisa sots him and points him out to Tiel. Odd Tiel thinks as her vision follows Irisa's finger, the man is speaking to a Raven haired girl the same one that mistook her for Shensen!

Hiranno As you step back, your view gives you a bird's eye viw of the scene just as it is about to spiral out of control...

Subversives:
You know it is about to get craaazy here, +4 bonus to your initiative which I will roll below.

Irisa and Tiel begin to make their way through the crowd when all hell breaks loose.

Someone in the crowd throws a handful of manure at the Thrune, it misses him by a considerable margin but it does cause him to flinch and spill his wine across his ornate clothing. With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to bellicose.He shrieks, “Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!”

He then retreats into the opera house and slams the windows. Down below, the Dottari mobilize and draw their weapons entering the crowd.

At the same time, men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, and truncheons - the Chelish Citizen's Group league begins to attack the crowd, this includes all of you!

Hells Angel ONLY:
Initiative Chelish Goons 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Hiranno 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Irisa 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Tiel 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sholti 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Zeldana 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Initiative - Round 1
Hiranno, Irisa, Tiel, Sholti
The Chelish Goons (5)
Zeldana

In the chaos, the goons have identified you either as subversives or easy marks and one each turns to attack each of you!


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti replies to the man Oh, no, I am not. I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone by that name.

There's no time to say anything further. Dung has been thrown. Orders have been given. And suddenly the protest is erupting into violence.

What a ghastly order! Barzillai seems to know nothing but cruelty and violence!

As she sees the Thrune plants within the crowd reveal themselves and move with weapons against the people around them, it occurs to Sholti that Thrune was not merely angry, this had been planned from the beginning!

One of the Citizen's Group infiltrators is standing quite close to Sholti and moves against her. Sholti draws her scimitar and strikes first! She does not intend to really harm her attacker. She doesn't want to spill blood.

Sholti is making a nonlethal attack. With her Blade of Mercy trait she takes no attack penalties and adds +1 to damage.

Attack:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Damage:
1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9


Female Human (Kellid) Oracle (Seeker) 1 | Init +4 | Perc +6[+7 vs traps] | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 CMD 11 | HP 22/22 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | 1st level spells: 2/6 | Conditions: None

"There he is!" Irisa points excitedly and waves over to Tiel to get her attention. She smiles and her moods brightens considerably. I knew he would be here! Hopefully he'll be able to help me find my parents. With a skip in her step she starts making her way over to the man.

Then all hell breaks lose, well thankfully only in the form of men in the crowd, but it's bad enough for Irisa's plans. Her face contorts in a mix of frustration and fear No! He can't do this! He can't just kill people just like that. And now I was so close to learning more about my parents.

Going to hold action until after Tiel goes, but then she'll probably command (DC 16 vs Will) one of the goons to run away from them, provoking from Tiel and everyone else in the crowd (Sholti should be nearby as well so makes sense to provoke from her as well). I'll post the RP parts after Tiel goes, though feel free to resolve actions before that if it's just me we are waiting for.

1 to 50 of 998 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hells Angels - Fox Force Five Hells Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.