Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


501 to 528 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I merely accept the loss. At this point there is nothing we can do. Felix is doomed. I do however, make a point to carry my pistol on me from now on. If an opportunity should rise, I will attempt to kill Plugg. I don't Say much to anyone else for a while.

However, If I do see her, I would like to speak with Caulky. If I see her at all in a day.
"Hey been seeing you running about a lot. Just wanted to get a chance to talk for a minute. Captain keeps you pretty busy huh? I hope this murder business hasn't made things harder for you." I chat for as long as I can trying to improve her disposition.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Please don't make me waste that roll :(


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

lol, fine I won't let you waste it :)

Gan you find Caulky and manage to corner her into a conversation.

She seems to be a young girl, maybe 16 at most a young looking 18. And at first she seems completely unwilling to engage in conversation, it seems like she has places to be and things to do. But through the sheer charm of yur smile, and your apparent genuine care for her ell being she lightens up a bit.

She doesn't say much, she tells you she really need to get back to work and that murder isn't anything new to her, she's seen worse things than that in port and at sea. But in the end she thanks you for your concern and gives you a small smile before she hurries on her way.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Unless Four Skulls wants to push the issue with Plugg and Scourge the evening carries on as usual.

The evenings entertainment isn't as boisterous as it usually is. Two pirates stand Gaurd on Felix in his metal box and he is denied food.

As many pirates as there are who seem angry that FElix is being treated this way there are jsut as many who can be heard talking about him and wishing him a painful death, and twice as many son't seem to care all that much what happens to him.

The Next Morning...

The morning is crisp and the wind is blowing.

Just as Sabinae is busy handing out the morning biscuits to the crew on deck the cry comes out...

"Sail! Sail on the horizon!

Pirates swing to it up the rigging and over to the port to see the ship. The captain is called and he comes out on deck in no time.

Harrigan stands at the Helm and bellows. "Heave to, bring her about The Wormwood's found herself a catch.!

Ye heard the cap'n! Get a move on, get to ye stations! Yells Plugg.

The Day is a blurr of activitiy, the Wormwood gives chase of the enemy ship and by early afternoon the wormwood has gained on the ship.

The deck is a buzz with chatter and laughter as the pirates like a pack of piranhas have a taste for blood and the promised spoils.

Even Sandara who has been acting grim since Felix was imprisoned has perked up and has offered a prayer to Besmara for their success.

As the Wormwood grows closer to the enemy ship several of the crew wheel the Light balista's into place and begin to take shots at the sails on the other ship.

The chase has lasted almost half the day now, but it's clear the wormwood is the faster vessel.

Riaris Krine Calls you all to the bridge. "You lot, ye be tasked with taken the enemy bridge. Ye set yourself up here on the bridge and when we grapple her ye swing, jump or swim yer way to the enemy vessel and you take that stern castle, you here me. But just so ye know I'd stick with swinging, climbing or roping across like I taught ye, the water's aren't gonna be too friendly for much longer.

As she says that some of the sailors come up from the mess with pots full of rotting fish and blood and begin tossing it into the water. Most of you would know that this will quickly attract the attention of some hungry Sharks making this bloody battle even more dangerous.

"Oh and just so ye know, yer friend there in the box, he'll be joining the assault. Captain says if'n he performs well in the attack he'll get a reprieve from his sentence." She points at Felix as his limp and tired body are dragged from the box and he's given back his things. He isn't however put with the rest of you on the bridge but rather in among the other pirates on the deck below who are preparing to grapple.

You can each respond to Riaris if you like if nobody wants to make comment or disagree with the plan then follow the story after the spoiler.

Boarding action:

The Wormwood speeds towards it's target, Balista's fire again a bolt shredding a tear in the merchant vessels main sail. The three masted ships close on each other.

"Weathers about to change!" Riaris bellows to you as a volley of crossbow bolts strike the wormwood.

Standing on the bridge the woman in red, Peppery longfarthing whips back her red cape and lifts her hands in the air, her eyes barely visible under the large brimmed hat with a tall feather. She mutters words you are unable to hear as the enemy ship is surrounded by fog and the wormwood abruptly lurches forward under a new and magical wind, the Wormwood comes along side the merchant vessel.

Boarding action you thrice damned curs, cut em to bits! Riaris yells with blood lust. A cheer from the pirates goes up as they let loose their grappling hooks and begin to haul the ships along side one another.

Plugg stands down on the deck whipping the men into a frenzy and urging them forward, he fires a pistol into the fog and there is a scream and a splash.

You need to give me a roll related to how you would like to board the enemy ship, if you choose to do so. For example if you want to jump roll acrobatics or if you want to toss a rope give me an improvised throw and then an acrobatics or a climb, however you feel your character would make his or her way over to the other ship. The distance is about 5 feet. Also roll initiative if you like.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

You remember how well that exercise of yours went, right Krine? the shoanti says while eyeing the waters werily. Cant we wait for the ships to be side by side?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Riaris looks at you with a raised eyebrow. "Not jump'n %$&('n boxes her, the closest these things 'l get is a man's length at the top so like I said it's either a jump, swing, or ye can swim with the fishes."

Four skulls, because of the curve of the hulls at anytime only a portion of the side of the ships will be touching, and then only near the water, the curve of the ship upwards and in means there is always a bit of a gap between ships. At their closest you could probably put down a plank from ship to ship but at the bridge their are railings all along as well as on teh other ship. Does that make sense? So at no time would the top decks actually be tight together.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Okay so we simply make a roll and were over? Or is it supposed to be a series of rolls like it was with training? How is Sabina expected to get acrosss?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You can choose to jump, make an acrobatics roll and describe how or where you are jumping from, or toss a rope like you before and hook it in the rigging, then make an acrobatics to swing. Or choose any other manner of getting across you think might work and roll the appropriate rolls. It's not the same thing as you did before, this is only 5 feet across. Its up to you guys to choose the way your character would get across, and roll the dice and if you need an extra roll the I'll tell you.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Okay will do.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Acrobatics to jump across. Armor check penalty is applied. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I have my pistol ready.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan land squarely on his feet on the stern castle, his pistol at the ready. To his right is a sailor manning the wheel of the ship, to his left are two sailors with crossbows drawn looking to take aim at the pirates on the lower deck as they swing and jump onto the deck lead by Plugg and Captain Harrigan.

Just to give you an idea of where you are Gan, you are on a raised deck area above the main deck, to your right is a set of staris leading to a bridge even higher up where teh wheel is, to your left there is a set of stairs leading down to the main deck where most of the pirates are engaged in battle.

You have caught the Rahadoumi sailors by surprise so you can take a surprise action. They are each about 10 to fifteen feet away from you.

The rest of you as you jump or swing or whatever to the other side will also get a surprise attack on the three sailors...if you make it :)


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

How close are the two sailors and the Wheelman....in feet.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

€#£%¥@!!!! the shoanti aswers Krine.
Why do we always get the s£#%$y jobs?!

While looking at the other ship with apprehension he is surprise by the grace with which the gunslinger landed on the other stern castle. Damned varisian always makes everything looks easy, curse his soul!

Four Skulls walks a few paces back, cast Shield of Faith in himself and gets ready to run in and jump to the other vessel.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae gets up to the edge with a rope and tries to throw it across to the other ship.

Throw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

If the grappling hook makes it she then attempts to swing over.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

And with that, she falls into the water.

"No swimming huh?' she yells as she falls.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

My actions for the 2nd round.

Init.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Four Skulls looks at the waters trying to spot any sharks. He takes a deep breath, run and jumps to the enemy ship's stern castle.
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I look back at my less graceful comrades briefly and then at the wheelman. I shoot the wheelman.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae, you narrowly miss falling headlong into the water, your tail catches on the railing of the other ship as you swing aboard and you end up falling flat on your face, but luckily on the other deck.

Four Skulls also makes it across but he lands on his hands and knees.

Gan startles the sailors aboard the ship with his acrobatic dareing and is able to get his shot off before they even react, his shot hits the wheelman in the shoulder Sending his white tunic stained with blood.

HE growls in pain and yells to the two Crossbowmen in a language you don't understand and they begin to bring their crossbows around.

Gan you were able to take an action in the surprise round which was your shot, Four Skulls and Sabinae you are only able to stand up during the surprise round but you will all be on your feet for the first turn.

Sailors Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Gan'sinit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sabinae's Init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The sailors act first,

The two crossbowmen swing towards Gan and loose their bolts while the wheelman draws his short sword and bounds down the steps towards four skulls and Sabiane as they stand up, he favours the arm with the shot but seems to be still in the fight. He doesn't have enough time to attack.

sailor 1 - Draws weapon and moves
sailors 2 and 3 - Fire crossbows at Gan

Sailor 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Dmg: 1d10 ⇒ 5 He Misses
Sailor 3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Dmg: 1d10 ⇒ 8 He Misses

Both Crossbowmen miss Gan in the excitement. They drop their Crossbows and draw swords.

It is your turns, the crossbowmen are about 10 feet from Gan fifteen fet from the others, the wheelman is now standing next to Fourskulls but hasn't attacked yet.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I reload Rapid Reload makes it a move action I then aim at one of the two crossbowmen and fire.
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 For:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Since they are within 10 feet, the shot is against their touch AC
AWE YEAH! Come on lets confirm it.
Confirm Crit:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 VS touch still I believe For an additional:3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) + 3 = 17


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan quickly reloads aims and fires, the shot is dead on and hits its target in the forehead, his lifeless body drops to the deck.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Status: AC 19 with Shield of Faith.

The shoanti rubs his right elbow as he stands up. Looking around, all the foes appear to be distracted by the varisian. Drawing his spear while moving Four Skulls stabs the near crossbowmen in the neck.

Hi.

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Four Skull's spear digs into the flesh of the sailors unprotected neck. The wound is very grave but the man does not fall dead. HE grips his blood soaked neck and gasps as he fumbles with his sword to ready a week attack...Four Skulls your target is staggered, very close to death


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

/Bump?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well no Sabinae anymore? I guess its just the two of you, Gan and Four Skulls. I mean we either need to re-recruit or maybe amalgamate the two games here. The other group is at the same point you are but with only two active people in it as well. Not sure, what are your thoughts?


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Even if Sabinae comes back I am in favor of joining with the other group. It is probably the fastest way of getting the game running again. I usually prefer parties of 5 or 6 for pbps. More people means more activity in the thread. So if its just me and Gan and the other two I would also vote to recruit one or two more as we move forward.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I agree. We've been short more than our intended number for a good long while. Merging will make the process smoother. How are you planning to handle Crew disposition?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

well as far as crew goes you would be in an interesting position. They have a sea witch and another Oracle, so I think the best thing to do would be to find at least one more who is a fighter.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sorry, I am still here. Just been extremely busy at work. I am up for the proposal suggested.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay here is the plan...there are three of you left, and if anyone else is still around they can jump over as well, but I'll make a new campaign thread this afternoon and then post the link here. To start with each of you can just post on the new thread a quick blurb about your character and what they've done so far in the campaign and what you are trying to do.

Then I'll try and amalgamate the two campaigns but that should be super easy because you are both at exactly the same spot....sound good? Any thoughts?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay discussion thread is up

->Amalgamated Campaign Discussion<-


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Sounds good. I am currently out of town until tuesday posting from my phone which makes long posts hard but i will drop in tonight and say hi.

501 to 528 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.