Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


351 to 400 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Felix walks over, grabs his tools, and starts swabbing the deck

Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

So am I already fatigued?

Climbing back up
Climb 1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Climb 2:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Climb 3:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Climb 4:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Profession Sailor:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Con Check:1d20 ⇒ 14
If I can apply work diligently to my results I will, each will then be a +4

I continue to work the upper rigging to the best of my ability trying my best to outlast the miserable conditions. I don't talk much, merely focus on my work.

Is Ethlas still with us? For that matter, haven't heard from Four Skulls in an while either. Maybe you should drop them a PM. I'd hate to have the game die out just when it is starting to get better. That'd make me cry.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

I know four skulls has been having internet problems, but Elthas hasn't been posting on his accounts. I hope everything is okay with him.I'm just going to keep on plugging away at the campaign so it doesn't die out. As long as you guys are still interested I'll continue to run it.

You all manage to get your work done but at one point or another Scourge finds each of you passed out sleeping and wakes you up with a rough kick from his boot. Except Sabinae who has a nice nap in the kitchen below deck, fishguts figured you needed the rest so he didn't bother to wake you up.

In the evening you are all far to tired to do anything Unless you really want to try? But after a 2 days of being up I'm going to assume you go to sleep :)

Day 10: Morning

Its another day and the wind and rain is gone and so is any sight of land.

Profession (sailor) or Knowledge (Geography) DC 15:

You notice that the captain has set course to the east into the fever sea. You estimate that the ship was driven South east out of the shackles into open water and now the captain is giving the slithering coast a wide berth and staying out in the shipping lanes.

Four skulls (if you ditch your rum) you need to make a fort save sometime on the 10th day as well as two fort saves for the disease for day 9 and 10.

Today appears to be a moderately normal day. Each person choose a action for the day

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Wonder where were headed..

Felix talks to Sandara today

"Hello miss, how are you doing today? Catch any of the recent excitement?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Day 8: Evening.

The Shoanti have been in other storms so he understand the precarious situation the ship is in. But that does not stop him from been angry and miserable, the storm and the cold have not improves his health.
. He forces himself to eat the biscuit and crawl back to work.

Con: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 2

He works diligently during his shift trying to forget he is alive.
Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

It takes a while for him to realise what is going on around him and that somebody fell of the ship. He looks for the missing soul but can not see her amid the savage waves. Been a terrible swimmer himself he can only pray to the ancestors to watch over whoever it was.
Percep.: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Day 9: Morning.

Fort: run withdraw: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Fort: Disease: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Not felling any better the shoanti concentrates in the task at hand to swab the decks hoping the say will pass quickly.

Works diligently:
Con: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Day 9: Night.
At night he drinks his run take care of himself going to be early and trying to get better. Night action: Sleep

Day 10: Morning.

Still felling a little crummy Four Skulls go around his duties.

Prof Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Heal: Treat disease: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Fort: Disease: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I groan as I wake on day 10. What a a wild past couple of days. At least it was entertaining if not exhausting. I head up to the deck to report for work.

Once out of the deck I try and get our bearing.
Profession Sailor:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
This area of the seas just doesn't seem familiar to me at this time. I shrug and simply assume we've been shoved far off course by the storm....whatever the course was to begin with.

I am surprised by how lack things are as there is no clear work assignment Unless I just happen to be such a skill sailor it doesn't matter. This guy was built better for this campaign than I originally thought. I have no more regrets in my character choice.
I do what I can to help out.

Once I have time I make my way down to see Fishguts. "Hey, I need a favor. I need whatever you got that is better than the common swill we got around here. If it isn't too much trouble I'd like a bottle. If you need a favor at any time just feel free to call on me. Cool?"
Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
"Also, you wouldn't happen to have seen a spider monkey anywhere on the ship have you?"

Regardless of his answer, if Sabina is present I look over at here. "Great bit of heroics out there lady. Got rid of your shackles. However, I was curious and I understand in you don't want to tell, but why did you come back? You don't seem to like it here much and you were essentially free. You can't drown and the storm only effects down to a few feet underwater. You could have just tied Rosie to the rope and swam off. Why didn't you?"

I ponder whatever Sabina has to say without retort. I then make my way out.

Depending on Fishguts actions, I do one of the two following for the evening.

Option No.1
If he gives me the hooch, I go to see the quartermaster. "Here ya go sweety. The good stuff. In exchange for my original gear. Hope you enjoy. P.S. I swapped my starting gun to a pistol instead of a musket. I did this after reviewing the buccaneer archetype and figured it would be more useful and fitting that way. Given the rules there is no adjustment to the initial cost of my gear since I get a choice of either a musket or pistol for free.

Option No.2
If I don't get the booze, I will actually pay a visit to the nearly drown miss Cusswell. I do have a bit of concern for her. falling overboard in that kind of storm is a pretty scary experience, even to a skilled swimmer. I will approach her. "Hey there, how are you feeling? You going to be okay from here on out? I heard you mention you couldn't swim, if you like, if we ever get shore leave around here, I could teach you how to swim. It should make the experience a lot less terrifying should it happen again. In the meantime we can chat a bit." Aside from my offer I make idle chat with Rosie if she lets me. I will try and learn more about her.

Either event would require a diplomacy so I will roll once. Applying to the most fitting scenario.
Diplomacy for Quartermaster or Cusswell:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7
Gan Laccaran wrote:


Regardless of his answer, if Sabina is present I look over at here. "Great bit of heroics out there lady. Got rid of your shackles. However, I was curious and I understand in you don't want to tell, but why did you come back? You don't seem to like it here much and you were essentially free. You can't drown and the storm only effects down to a few feet underwater. You could have just tied Rosie to the rope and swam off. Why didn't you?"

I ponder whatever Sabina has to say without retort. I then make my way out.

”There is a lot more to living than just thinking about myself. I have learned that by making friends and sticking with them I can accomplish more than I could by myself. While I may not like some aspects of the current ship life I figure that better things are coming for us. I did get taken my chains off after all. Trust is a better way to go than killing or hurting everything I disagree with. That and I see greater reward if I stay. For me and for everyone.”


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Felix Sandara is more than willing to chat, she mentions that yes she saw it all and is glad Rosie is safe. your conversation goes very well and Sandara jokes and laughs with you sharing her pipe and asking you where you are form and how you ended up in the shackles.

Four Skulls you are still addicted to rum but you've managed to kick the disease. There was a nasty bite on your arm from a rat but the swelling around it has gone down and the fever is dissipated.

Gan you are assigned work each day but I'm just not getting you to roll it up unless the work is particularly difficult or dangerous, that means you are in fact working very hard at some task in the rigging each day so helping others isn't really an option.

Gan, Fishguts seems reluctant to part with any of his good stuff, "Yer asking a lot from an old salt here!" But he also heard you chatting with Sabinae when you came in. "Sabinae, is this one of them friends of yers?." he nods at Gan.

Will wait for Sabinae's response before finishing this one up and then moving on to the monkey quartermaster or Rosie etc.

Sabinae did you do an action?


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Go ahead and make the second part of my post the evening actions
If Sabina vouches for Gan, he's gonna owe her one.
Looks like things are working out after all.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Gan is a loyal hard working sort of guy and I will stand by him. He has had a rough time too. Let's give him all the help he needs.

With a smirk on her face and a snicker she says:

"If he falls overboard I may have to go and get him too"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"I'm actually from Port Peril." The half elf says after accepting the pipe "Lived there for a while, but went off to join the Society in Absalom for a bit, ended up back in the port. Once crazy night in the bar later, I find myself here. How did you find yourself here? I would guess your story on how you got here are fairly similar to mine."


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well Gan as soon as Sabinae vouches for you Fishguts decides to wander on over into a corner of the room out of site and then comes back with some chelish wine.

He says "This here is some good stuff, which I don't really like to part with but Sabinae's a friend and if yer a friend of Sabinae yer a friend o' mine" he hands you the bottle,

"oh right the monkey ye were asking about. Well one of the officers gave him to me to have him cooked, they wanted monkey brain's but ye know I couldn't stand to off him so I hid him away in my quarters and I've been keep'n him hidden. I'll go get him.

Fishguts comes back with the monkey resting on his shoulder.

"Called him Tosser myself cause he has a nasty habit, but he seems an alright sort most of the time. Fed the officer some mashed up pig intestines instead o' this guys brains, the officer didn't know the damned diffrence." Fishguts gets a big smile.

After that it's no problem to head over and find Grok and get your equipment back. She's more than happy to trade for the wine.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

To Felix Sandara says "Hell Harbour myself but came on board in a like manner, not that I'm complaining. Always wanted to sail the ocean on a pirate ship, just had always thought It'd be my choice. But you know I'll make the most o' it and see what happens. Life at all bad" She looks at Felix with a wink and a smile before taking her pipe and heading off.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I smile sheepishly as Sabina practically says I am like her brother. "Wow, I uh, thanks. I didn't realize that you felt that way." I get the bottle and I am elated to see Guinness alive and well. "Ah Guinness hey there little buddy. I've missed having you around. Welcome back." Looking to Fishguts. "Thanks so much man. I owe you big time for all this. You ever need anything from me, you just left me know. I'll do my best to help ya."

Before I leave I take one more look at Sabina. "It seems I've misjudged you. If need any favors at any time yourself, just ask. I always repay debts. You know, I see something in common between us. I too look to make benefit from a bad situation. Next time someone tries to push you around, I won't abandon you. I don't abandon friends." With that I head off to see Grok.

After I get my stuff back I take time to take inventory of my things before heading to bed that night.

My day is done.

Almost forgot to ditch the rum in the evening. Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Evening:

Four Skulls drinks his run.
Cha Mod: 1d4 ⇒ 1

After dinner he goes pay a visit to the quartermaster. He stops at her door, knocks and smiles at her.
Hey, how is it going?
I have to give it to Harrigan, nobody stays idle on his bloody ship. This is an eventfull trip if I ever saw one.
I was thinking... I heard you got a fiddle stored somewhere. Is that true?

Do I need to keep rolling influence with Grok for my interactions with her? If so:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Arrgh I thought I posted a response to you four skulls four hours ago. I must have just previewed it. Grok is helpful towards you which means she'll help you unless you ask for something ridiculous.

Grok willingly gives up the fiddle to you and says she doesn't need it anyway.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

DAY 11: Morning

The day is bright and clear and the wind is barely blowing at all today. A stark contrast to the past few days, and not an unpleasant one The wormwood seems to move along at a snails pace. When you get on deck you notice that the ship has come somewhat closer to the coast.

In the distance, only 200 ft. or so from the Wormwood there appears to be a corral reef.

Mr. Plugg stands with his hands on his hips and motions the five of you over as well as Sandara.

"You, all of you are going to swim out to the reef and do a little crab fishing. Might as well make the most of this day cause we aren't going anywhere in this wind."

He motions to four crab pots on the deck and says "Get to it!" before he turns about and walks away.

You can each respond to Plugg or take actions.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7
GM Faol Mhor wrote:

Arrgh I thought I posted a response to you four skulls four hours ago. I must have just previewed it. Grok is helpful towards you which means she'll help you unless you ask for something ridiculous.

Grok willingly gives up the fiddle to you and says she doesn't need it anyway.

If you use Firefox or Chrome may I suggest the Lazarus form recovery addon. Even if you only previewed what you typed it is still recoverable. It has saved me on many an occasion.


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Thanks grok. This ship could defenitivly use some music. The ancestors know we have been having some glooming days. Do you know ow to dance? the shoanti asks with a smile and leaves the quartemaster. He wraps the fidle in a piece of cloth and looks for the halfling women.

Hey Cuswell. Good thing you made out alive yesterday, the sea can be treacherous. I though you could use a break. Here, take it.

Four Skulls gives Rosie the fiddle.

Influence Rosie Cuswell
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

And thats it for my night actions.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4
Sabinae wrote:
GM Faol Mhor wrote:

Arrgh I thought I posted a response to you four skulls four hours ago. I must have just previewed it. Grok is helpful towards you which means she'll help you unless you ask for something ridiculous.

Grok willingly gives up the fiddle to you and says she doesn't need it anyway.

If you use Firefox or Chrome may I suggest the Lazarus form recovery addon. Even if you only previewed what you typed it is still recoverable. It has saved me on many an occasion.

Arrgh I thought I posted again last night but it ate that post as well, that's ridiculous!!! My Apologies guys. Okay post incoming and I'll double check that it goes through this time, and maybe look into that add on.

"&^%$ me you got it for me!!" Rosie can hardly contain herself, grabbing the fiddle plucking the strings and then giving Four Skulls and exuberant huge. She then goes on to thank him and play him a few songs on her fiddle after she tunes it.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Day 11: Morning

The day is bright and clear and the wind is barely blowing at all today. A stark contrast to the past few days, and not an unpleasant one The Wormwood seems to move along at a snails pace. When you get on deck you notice that the ship has come somewhat closer to the coast.

In the distance, only 200 ft. or so from the Wormwood there appears to be a corral reef.

Mr. Plugg stands with his hands on his hips and motions the five of you over as well as Sandara.

"You, all of you are going to swim out to the reef and do a little crab fishing. Might as well make the most of this day cause we aren't going anywhere in this wind."

He motions to four crab pots on the deck and says "Get to it!" before he turns about and walks away.

You can each respond to Plugg or take actions.


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

Felix looks at the group, "No problem sir. Ready to get started everyone?" He says to the group and gives Sandara a quick wink

What checks do we need to make?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Swimming in calm water so you just need to take 10, unless you have negatives to swim.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

What checks do we need to make to catch the crabs?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

I was going to let you know after you made the decision to go or not and when you got out there.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I leave Guinness below deck and give him strict orders to stay put. I make my way up to the top deck. When Plugg points out Crab fishing I rub my hands together. "Excellent. I could use a good dip. A refreshing change to the daily norm." I pull off my shirt and do a couple of warm up exercises before grabbing one of the crab pots and what other tools are needed for the fishing. Without waiting for anyone else, I dive in and head to the reef.

Without my armor my swim skill is +9 so I'll take 10 for a total of 19


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae will take one of the pots.

”Well, this looks like some fun. See you all in the water!”

And with that she jumps in.

Taking 10 for a total of 22

She effortlessly glides through the water.


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

Felix jumps in to the water. "This is nice, change from the norm." he says as he gets up to the surface.

Take ten on swim for 13 total


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sandara willingly grabs one of the pots.

You all get prepared and ready to go and then one by one you make your way down the ropes into the water. The ocean is calm and you all have no problem swimming in it Unless you cannot take 10 on your swim check. If that's the case let me know

The reef is 200 ft. away so the swim takes a little time for most of you, except Sabinae who is able to clear the distance much faster.

Most of the reef seems to be 5 to 30 ft. below the surface of the water. there are a few, very few, areas that are about two feet deep. where you could stand comfortably but those are far and few between and not really the best locations to catch crab.

Each of you can make survival or perception check at DC 10 to spot the crabs. If you spot a crab you can make a DC 10 Swim Check to swim down under the water and grab one. You have four pots for crab and you suspect it will take about four crabs to fill each pot. Each of you go ahead and take 3 full rounds of actions to start with, so basically three attempts to find a crab and catch one.

Sabinae, you can attempt 5 times because you have reached the reef well ahead of the rest of the group.

Who's all carrying the pots?

"couldnt be a nicer day for this eh?" Sandara says with a grin before diving deep into the water to look for some crabs.

1st round Sandara looks for a crab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 but is unable to see one.

2nd round Sandara looks for another crab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 but is unable to see one.

3rd round Sandara looks for another crab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 She sees one1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 she grabs it up and comes to the surface with a smile on her face and she dumps it into her pot.

Total crabs: 1 of 16


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

"Agreed, Sandara. It is quite nice today."

Search 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Search 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Search 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

He has good luck, spotting three crabs right away. He dives down to try to get them

Attempt 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Attempt 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Attempt 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He grabs all the crabs with ease, dumping them into his pot


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae will look for crabs when she gets to the reef. Before she does, she will place a pot in the shallowest part of the reef and put a heavy rock in it to keep it in place.

Taking 10 on all swim checks for a total of 22.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Sabinae comes up with a crab.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Sabinae comes up with a crab.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Sabinae doesn't find any crabs and stays underwater and looks for more.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Sabinae comes up with a crab.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Sabinae doesn't find any crabs and stays underwater and looks for more.

1st round Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Sabinae comes up with the final crab for her pot.

Now that she is done, she will help the others in getting their pots filled. She swims over to the others.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

With a swim Score of +9 I don't need to roll to beat a DC 10 so I'll make Perceptions. Also I mentioned I was bringing one of the pots.

I take to the water naturally as my background has been filled with this activity. The tricky part is going to be finding the Crabs. I begin my search.

Search 1:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Search 2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Search 31d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

I HAVE CRABS!!

I manage to bring up three nice looking crabs for dinner. "One of the little buggers nipped me. Can't wait to take a bite out p him."


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sorry guys, busy night and an early morning, will post in the AM


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

After a few minutes of searching you've managed to get almost all the pots full getting eleven out of the sixteen needed.

As you all take a moment to yell back and forth trying to count up your catch and see how many more you need out from below you coming out from the cover of the reef are large crustaceans moving rapidly through the waters with nasty pincers. They seem to streak straight towards Sabinae and Felix who are swimming near each other.

DC 10 Knowledge (Nature) Check:

You know that these are Reefclaws, nasty crustaceans and very vicious with nasty pincers and poisonous barbs in their claws.

Surprise Round

The first creature Attacks Sabinae with both its claws 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, missing with its second pincer but grabbing you with it's first. DMG 1d4 ⇒ 3 It attempts to latch on 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 and it easily grabs your tail and holds you fast. you are grappled

DC 13 fort save to avoid poison

The second creature Attacks Felix with both its claws 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, Felix what's your AC? Is it 12? Have you gotten your gear back yet? Can you put your stats up in your bar for easy refrence, thanks. One claw hits 1d4 ⇒ 3 and the creature attempts to grab you 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 You are also grappled

DC 13 Fort to avoid poison

creature init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
party init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Just doing party init this time

The creatures get to act again catching you all off guard.

The first creature Attacks Sabinae again with one claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and tries to hold on with its second 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, it maintains it's hold and does no damage.

The second creature Attacks Felix with one claw.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and is unable to get its pincers on him. It continues to try and hold on however with it's other claw, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, It loses it's grip on Felix.

You are all within about 10 feet of each other, still in the water. It's your turn


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Reefclaws! Need some help here!"

Since got her gear back she will use her underwater crossbow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I don't have my gun or armor but I do have my sword

Hearing Sabina cry out I see the beasts attacking her. I draw my shortsword and attempt to get on the other side of the one grappling Sabina.

I cannot remember if a grappled character still threatens for the purposes of a flank. She can attack but cannot do AoOs so I don't know. Claws should be at a -2 AC anyways so I attack.

Attack /w shortsword:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 +2 more if I can get a flank with Sabina....or someone else for that matter.

Damage for attack:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

Sorry havent updated yet. Have my dagger for now

Felix pulls a dagger from his belt and stabs at the crab

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Four Skulls slowly enters the water, he does not appear to share Sandara's entusiasm.
If you fancy a swim I suppose... he mumbles while entering the water. It is clear by the awkward way he moves that the northener is not a seasoned swimmer.

Slowly he makes his way to the reff with a pot. Taking 10 on swim checks for 13.

Percept: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Percept: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Percept: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

While his comrades make the whole thing look easy Four Skulls looks intently at the botton of the sea, he strugles to dive and afterr a few seconds resurface holding a crab.

Got one, got one! the shoanti shouts as he stores the crab in the pot.

His smile quickly fade as he realise the danger. He drop his pot with a single crab and draw his dagger moving into flanking position with Felix.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan deals some damage to the creature attacking Sabinae while Sabinae's bolt misses the creature attacking her. Sabinae you are firing into melee and therefore take a -4 as well as a -4 to dex for being grappled by the reefclaw. Gan, she threatens the creature attacking her so you can flank the reefclaw I believe.

reefclaw against Sabinae -7 hp, reefclaw against Felix -6 hp. Felix you are poisoned for 1d2 ⇒ 1 Strength damage

The Reefclaws both continue their attack

Attacking Sabinae 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 it can't pinch you. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23It maintains its hold.

Attacking Felix 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16, It misses felix.1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 but it to maintains its hold.

Player round of attacks, Sabinae remember you are grappled and Felix remember you are poisoned. Four Skulls you are in a flanking position with Felix now.


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Four Skulls stabs the giant crab grappling Felix.

Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I attempt to stab the monster crab thing again trying to get it to let go of Sabina.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 For:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Possible crit
Confirm Crit:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 For an Additional:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I must really want to save Sabina. :)

EDIT: Weird, got the exact same results on my crit confirm as I did on my last rounds attack. What are the odds.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae will try to break the grapple.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

If she escapes, she will take a 5 foot move away from the reefclaws.


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

"Urgh...." He groans after getting hit by the crab. He stabs at it again, trying to land a hit to finish the thing

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Did my last attack hit it?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

They actually look more like giant lobsters than crabs and they swim through the water. Felix, sorry, yes it did hit, that's why the reefclaw is at -6 hp

four skulls misses the Reeflcaw while Felix gets a solid blow puncturing the thick exoskeleton of the Reefclaw holding his leg.

Meanwhile Gan strikes hard and Manages to batter the reefclaw in the head, the body goes limp, it looses it's grip on Sabinae and it floats to the surface. Sabinae, because Gan killed the reefclaw go ahead and take another turn in place of your escape attempt if you like.

The first Reefclaw is dead while the other one tenaciously attacks Felix.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 It misses completely 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19but manages to hold fast.

Player turn, Sabinae you can take your replacement turn if you like and another turn. Sabinae and Gan are about 15 feet from Felix and Four Skulls. Ah I'm sorry I forgot completely about Sandara! oops

sandara, who was swimming further away from you all has drawn her rapier and finally made her way to Felix and Four Skulls.

She stabs at the reefclaw with an ornate blade 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 but the blade only scraps across the hard shell.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae reloads her crossbow (free action) and will put away the crossbow as she moves behind the reefclaw but stays 10' away.

As she moves into a flanking position but before she gets into range, she draws her rapier.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 18 T11 F17, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Four Skulls keep stabbing the crustacean hoping to hit a vital but his blade can not puncture the hard crab's shell.
Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Half Elf Lore Warden Fighter 1 (Hp 12, Ac 17/11/16, F +4 R +1 W +2)

Am I flanking with Sandara?

Felix takes another stab, feeling his strength slowly draining

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Felix finds a weak spot in the crabs shell, but misses any vital spots in the soft underbelly.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Felix manages to kill the last crab with his well placed stab. The reefclaw's body floats to the surface.

You can each take an action, both reefclaws are dead, what would you like to do?

I'll post again in the morning. Sorry I've been a little slower to post but I've been kind of busy. I'll keep on posting regularly however. No plans on disappearing. This game is already waaay past where the skull and shackles campaign I'm playing in is at and we started that PBP almost two months, maybe three before I started this one... It's kind of sad because I love my character in that one :(


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Moving to the first reefclaw, Sabinae checks it over.

By chance, are they suitable to eat?


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Good question

351 to 400 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.