Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


251 to 300 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

I think both rats are dead but just in case they are not I will post two possible actions.

In case one of the rats attacking Sabinae is still alive:
Moving to flank the small beast Four Skulls attack with his longspear.
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

In case both rats are dead:
Silently calling the aid of the departed the shoanti heals himself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Hey Skulls, looks like Elthas could use some mending. Got any to spare?"

Sabinae begins moving around and seeing if anything else is about or damage worth noting so it can be reported.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan hits a rat with a massive blow, which it seems should have killed it but it barely survives. As it writhes in pain Felix Manages to kill it off with another hefty blow.

Trying to cast on the last rat, Elthas hits it with water but to no effect knocking over some crates and boxes instead.

As the water subsides Four Skulls takes the opportunity to impale the last one with his spear.

The fight is over, you are all free to act freely while here in the bilges and talk.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Elthas puts a hand over the bite on his arm, putting some pressure on it as he peers around in the dim light from the shoanti's spear, seeing if he spots anything else moving about.

He flashes a smile to the mermaid, giving a small nod of his head. "Damn thing got me pretty good, but I'll be alright if you're spent Skull. Not that I would complain if you had something to spare."

He frowns a bit as he glances at the boxes he sprayed with the jet of water. "I had been basing my preparation off what I could do without my staff or pouch, but now that I have those in hand I can be a little more versatile. I can pull a hat trick out of my a$$ when needed, but I do a lot better when I'm ready in advance. On a ship I'd normally be more worried about making sure people could swim or breath if they needed to take a dip, but this ship is a bit more rough and tumble, we've been in a scrap every day so I may need to be ready for that instead. Thoughts?"

Since the second bite didn't get me after all I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought. Still down 3hp, but up to skulls what kind of spell power he has left whether that is worth healing.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"Anything to give us an advantage if we get caught in a scrape like this again, or the one a couple days ago with the fist fight." Felix says as he sheathes his cutlass. "Skull, do you have any healing left for today? I'm not too beat up, but Elthas needs it."


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

After finishing healing himself the shoanti turns to Elthas.

Yea, I guess you're alright. Even for a magi... Hold still.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well it seems to be a slow weekend, unless anyone else wants to do anything in the bilges I will progress the story again tomorrow after work. I've been somewhat busy today myself, my apologies, but we haven't heard from Sabinae or Gan, this should give them sometime to catch up and choose to say something or do something. See you all tomorrow.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I'm struggling with writer's block on this one. For someone reason I can't think of anything to post.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

My home's internet have been dead for the past few days which makes long posts hard to do, have been using my phone... But since we are alone, I wanted to start a discussion.

Four Skulls gather the dire rat's bodies and tie their tals together making a bundle.
Our captain was supposed to be dead. His last ship got sunk by the chelaxian pigs. With the exception of our sailmaster no sailor have been part of this crew for more than a couple of moths. Did you guys learned anything else about this bucket?


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae moves about the bilges and casually looks everything over.

Is there any other damage or anything else of note down here?


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

After the battle I look at the dagger with a bit of surprise. "Huh, crude but I did better with it than I thought." I clean the dagger and put it away. "I'll hang on to this but I still prefer guns." Looking around I dust my hands. "Let's do a once over and head back up and report."
I look around making sure there are no other issues.
Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Though the others seem to take it in stride, Four Skull's revelations give Elthas a pause and he frowns, considering just what that may mean. "What I picked up more about the individual crew than the ship and its captain. I was a bit, embarrasingly, preoccupied with getting physically prepared rather than learning who we are under. I should know better."

Still thinking, he scratches his chin lightly. "Captain was supposed to be dead and a new crew, huh? That doesn't sound like a very good thing... Best case scenario sounds like he's making a return and trying to build up a fresh crew to facilitate this. Could be that he's gathered up a crew that he doesn't care about since he's looking for revenge against whatever left him 'dead' and don't expect too many to walk away."

He pauses again and gives a small shrug. "Maybe most likely, when someone in the less than legal fields turns up 'dead' it can be beneficial for them to stay that way, don't have to worry about corsairs coming searching for your body after all. If that is the case, then it will likely be him having us hit a loaded ship or port, maybe collect something he stashed from his living days that is in a defensible spot, then those who make it through whatever he has in mind will need to be disposed of so the captain can stay 'dead.' Dead men tell no tales and all that. I figure that is the best option from his point of view, either of the others we wouldn't be running a near skeleton crew."

Realizing he shifted to be a bit morbid in his considerations, Elthas stops and flashes a bit of a smile to the others. "In other words, since we were all dragged on here together, it seems best we watch each other's backs, yeah? Skull's here has given us a good head start, but we'd all better get our ears to the ground and start making friends. Will be good to know if we're just fodder or if we should expect a knife in our backs, and the more folks that like us the less folks will be pointing it."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"Elthas makes a good point. If we work together and get on peoples good sides here on the ship, it works out better for us in the end."


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

The following post is in no way me metagaming. I know next to nothing about this AP. This is merely an in character educated guess.

I listen to what Skulls is saying and then to Ethlas. I then draw an idea. "This ship is poorly managed and the captain doesn't want to talk to people. He has a whole new crew and in theory he should actually be dead. As Elthas has suggested, in most criminal minds it is more beneficial to be considered dead. However, how do we truly know this "captain" is who he says he is? It would not be unheard of for a lesser person to impersonate a more famous individual to gain quick fame and fortune. I wonder if it is true and how many members of the crew would appreciate being deceived. It's something to consider."

When Ethlas mentions us watching each others backs I sigh. "Honestly I trust each of you just as much as any member of this crew. Just because we were all hauled in together is no reason to suddenly become friends. I can see the need for allies, but the first time you asked for my help you guys were involved in a pointless brawl that ran the risk of getting us all in trouble. Forgive me if I did not see the necessity of risking punishment to help you prove a point against lowlifes. Okay, in this environment, I don't see any of us getting anywhere. So looking out for one another seems more desirable than it was that day. As long as what you do doesn't risk us getting in trouble with no reward, I will help. So any other input?"


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Whether he is or not the original Harrigan the man definitely have an agenda and he does not seem to care much about his crew. He probably have enemies too. I would like to know where this ship is heading... the shoanti tells Elthas.

After a few seconds of thought he answers Gan. But you are wrong in one thing, there was nothing pointless about that brawl. It was a chance to earn some respect with the crew and more important, to shop for allies. The cleric was right in what she said to us on our first night on board. Right now allies are more valueble than gold to any of us. There is nothing worst than being by yourself surrounded by hostile... it takes Four Skulls a couple of seconds to find the right word. ...folks.

And if this ship's crew are all new like it looks like then there is no set-in-stone loyalties, no brothers-in-arms...yet. I dont know about you people but with my magical abilities I did not came to Port Peril to sign in to swab the cursed decks! For that I could have stayed with the merchant vessals at the Varisian cost...


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7
Gan Laccaran wrote:

The following post is in no way me metagaming. I know next to nothing about this AP. This is merely an in character educated guess.

I listen to what Skulls is saying and then to Ethlas. I then draw an idea. "This ship is poorly managed and the captain doesn't want to talk to people. He has a whole new crew and in theory he should actually be dead. As Elthas has suggested, in most criminal minds it is more beneficial to be considered dead. However, how do we truly know this "captain" is who he says he is? It would not be unheard of for a lesser person to impersonate a more famous individual to gain quick fame and fortune. I wonder if it is true and how many members of the crew would appreciate being deceived. It's something to consider."

When Ethlas mentions us watching each others backs I sigh. "Honestly I trust each of you just as much as any member of this crew. Just because we were all hauled in together is no reason to suddenly become friends. I can see the need for allies, but the first time you asked for my help you guys were involved in a pointless brawl that ran the risk of getting us all in trouble. Forgive me if I did not see the necessity of risking punishment to help you prove a point against lowlifes. Okay, in this environment, I don't see any of us getting anywhere. So looking out for one another seems more desirable than it was that day. As long as what you do doesn't risk us getting in trouble with no reward, I will help. So any other input?"

"Ok, let's sort this out shall we? You deemed it a pointless fight and ran off when we needed you. Fortunately it turned out in our favor. The thing that matters is if we had been late getting on deck we would have had punishment for that. I may not trust the lot of you yet but I know when to stick together. I made a friend with the cook which is how I got Elthas his staff and pouch back."

"I have no problems with cutting anyone who wants some but if you make life hard again, Gan, she enunciates with extra emphasis, "there will be consequences." she says coldly.

"With that out of the way, how about we report our success? Unless anyone else feels that we can find anything of use down here. I have had enough of the bilges for one day."


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I cross my arms at Skulls. "So your saying if I start fighting people in brawls people will like me? Seems unlikely. I am already doing okay with making friends. Not exactly sure where I stand with you guyy? Actually I am truly not sure WHY you guys seem to THINK I should stand with you."

At Sabina my mood turns a good deal more sour as I regard her. "So now your threatening in order to make friends. Is that it? How unfortunate. Your right. Your right, I can see a use for you but I cannot trust you at all. Especially since you seem no different than the folks in charge. Hmm. So which should I try to please. You or the bosses, I see no difference." With that I make my way up stairs to report.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Before you all head up stairs your group kicks over crates and moves boxes aside making sure you got all the nasty vermin. In the process you find the following.

You each essentially take 20 on perception

I guess this would be a good time to decide how you would like to divvy up loot. As you designate loot to go in the party horde now or later on I can put together a google doc and move the gear you aren't using in there and then link it on the campaign info page. So you all can check it out whenever you like.


  • 1 Suit of leather armour (Medium Sized)
  • 3 heavy maces
  • 1 Buckler
  • 1 Masterwork Handaxe
  • 1 Vile of Holy Water
  • 1 Tanglefoot Bag
  • 2 Tinder Twigs
  • 21 gp and 12 sp.

Good dialogue there guys :) Gan I like that your sticking to your character. You can look over the loot discuss and then we'll move on tomorrow morning. I'll have the party loot doc linked soon.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

LINK to Party Loot Document


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

You guys can have all the "loot" Gan would have left without ever have seen any of it.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

If everyone gets weapon-ed out, I would appreciate one of the daggers, but that is assuming that everyone else has a weapon they can use(I have my staff already, just can't hand of the apprentice with it) and the fighter types have something better. I don't mind carrying any of the alchemical stuff, but I don't need anything else.

Once Gan storms off, Elthas sighs and shakes his head, looking at the others. "He made a good point about the captain, if you are an imposter, bringing on a crew who wouldn't know any better is a pretty solid choice. That may be our best hope of all the options, assuming the old captain didn't have any powerful enemies. Or friends for that matter".

He pauses and glances up the stairs after Gan "I can see problems coming from this. I'd rather not him be an enemy, we know he isn't under the captains thumb since he arrived same as us, but I can see him getting there awfully easily. Bit too ready to leave us to our fate to avoid hardship, not just saving his own life. Might want to play our cards a bit closer to the vest in the future, yeah? Don't have much interest getting ratted out to Plugg as troublemakers just so he can get out of a work detail. In any case, if he's already heading up we'd better hurry and follow. Don't want to be seen as lingering."


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae shrugs after Gan leaves.

"I spose we might as well head up, that is if everyone is in agreement. If anyone is not adverse to it, I would like that leather armor when the need arises."


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Once on deck I approach Mr. Plugg and give him back his knife. "Here sir. It came in handy as there were several large rats in the bilge. The others and I have cleared them out. If there is nothing else, I will return to my duties sir." I look back in the direction of the bilge with a stern expression on my face. If Plugg has nothing else to say I return to work without another word.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix will take the buckler, might as well since im fighting with a cutlass for the time being

"There were some big nasty rats down there, but nothing we couldn't handle sir." He reports to Mr. Plugg "I will return to my duties now"


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Go ahead and add the leather to your inventory Sabinae. You guys need to let me know if you are going to take something else or if you are just going to toss it all into one of your lockers. All of you, except Gan because he went upstairs gets 6 GP and 6 SP.

You all come back on deck with the dire rats and show them to Plugg.

"Blasted Bernie! When I get back to Port Peril I'll cut him from stem to stern fer giving us bad supplies. How the hell does someone manage to pack away barrels of supplies with &%$#ing Dire Rats inside them. Shivikah, Rattsberger, get down into the main hold and check the rest of the barrels before any other surprises spill out and find there way into the ship."

Turning his attention to your group.

"Well get back to work, and toss those damn things over board, they look diseased, don't need the crew getting sick. Step lively back to it!

You figure that is the most praise Plugg is liable to give you and you each manage to head back to your tasks.

RESULTS FOR DAY 4 WORK AND ACTIONS:

Elthas:

I think you missed your daily action for Day 4 because you were unable to post. Your work task was to haul rope. If you like go ahead and choose and action and roll or if you want we can just say you worked hard and completed the daily task. Its up to you

Felix :

Your work day is uneventful and you accomplish the tasks you need to.

Four Skulls and Sabinae:

You both meet up while sneaking around below decks. You manage to look around the main cargo hold together. You don’t manage to find much because up front is that large brute, while in the aft section is the galley and the quartermaster’s store and Grok, and Fishguts are in there talking. In the middle of the hold are the cages with pigs inside them.

You do however notice another set of stairs aft, just in front of the galley. From where you are on the ship you are guessing this steep set of stairs must go into the captains quarters. There is a door halfway up the stairs.

In the hold you do notice that off to one side, there are several barrels of supplies, it looks like grain in them, and there is a large whole in the bottom of several of them with grain on the floor. You guess, after your encounter with the dire rats, that this is how the rats got on board unnoticed.

Gan:

Gan you find Syl high up in the rigging looking out at sea. She pretends not to notice you when you approach. She listens to you introduce yourself, then she turns her head oddly to one side, then the other and smiles.

”Chat? I like to chat with boys...” She says with a smile, ”Of course usually I get tired of them and then i let my knife do the talking.” She says with a laugh. ”Want to be my number seven?” She says with an evil grin as she fingers her knife at her belt.

She doesn’t actually appear like she’s going to use the knife but you get the sense that she is a little not right in the head and very mean and dangerous. She doesn’t bother to answer your question.

Those of you who want to can respond to your daily event. If not go ahead and choose your evening action, drink your rum etc. Sabinae, remember that you've already had rum once.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Elthas gives a quick nod to Plugg, and offers a salute. "One of them took a chunk out of my arm, sir. If they weren't sick before, they likely are now."

With that comment he moves over and sets off getting to work, trying to ignore some of his tiredness in order to burn through the task.

DM:
Since I missed the chance and would prefer not to be beaten unconscious, I'm going to work diligently today, taking care to haul the rope to the best of my ability.

Prof Sailor(including the +4) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Con 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Evening Actions

Rum Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Rum Cha 1d4 ⇒ 1
Rum Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 2

In the evening, I'm going to spend a bit of time chatting with Peppery, trying to get a feel for our sailing master. Just chatting about her experience on a ship and what brought her here(with skulls revelation about the crew being new, I am curious if even those who hold a bit of status have been press ganged.)

Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

I am so going to be diseased and an alcoholic.

Also, if no one else picks it up I'll grab one of the maces and holywater to carry on my person.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas go ahead and take the mace and holywater.

Elthas, you try and find Peppery, you notice that she is briskly walking from the officers cabin to the captains cabin, when you approach her she ignores you completely and brushes past you and on into the captains rooms, her long cloak billowing as she strides through the door.

You can choose someone else to interact with if you like.

From what you've gathered so far about life on the ship you would know that actually most of the crew, all of the crew, other than Rosie, Conchobhar, Fishguts and Sandara all willingly volunteered to join the crew. Maybe a few others got press ganged a while back but most of the crew seems like this is where they want to be.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Rum Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Rum: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Felix lightens up a little tonight, and will try to remember an epic pirate tale from his youth

Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Entertaining the crew


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Evening Action

Sabinae sits down with her fellow vermin exterminators at the end of the day while trying to be covert about her dumping the ale.

"After taking care of those rats it looked like we got a little more grudging respect today from Plugg. I am hopeful that it will lead to us getting a bit more freedom around here." Sabinae says just loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I hate being restricted." she says as she wistfully looks at the chains which bind her.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I am of course, thoroughly creeped out by Syl. I back away holding my hands in the air maintaining as pleasant a smile as I can. "Okay Nely, I get it, you just want to be left alone. Just trying to be friendly"
I return to my work speaking nothing more to her.

------Evening------
I drink the rum. I've had a bad day and gods da##it need a pick me up. Actually I take my rum and go find the Cook fishguts. Once I find him I great him. "Hello there old chum. Care to share drink and maybe some cares, hopes, dreams, or even if your in the mood, some woes, I have an ear and would be happy to listen." I drink with him.

Cha Bonus:1d4 ⇒ 2
Fatigue:1d8 ⇒ 3
Fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

And Diplomacy for chat:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Nah, with my luck I'm better off just being proud of the fact I was just ignored. That seems to be a step up the ladder for me. I'll just relax and chat with Sabinae.

Elthas nods his head at Sabinae's mention. "I imagine that once they get the feeling that we want to be here, you'll be less of a prisoner. Or at least if they need to let you off for a bit and see you don't try to escape that trust may be earned. Its a tough spot they've got you in. If I can come up with anything to help, you'll have it."


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Felix although you think you do fairly well at reciting the tale the other pirates around you don't seem to enjoy it as much.

Gan your conversation with Grok goes well until he can barely stand and you can barely understand his slurred words.

Sabinae you ditch the rum without anyone noticing.

No word from Four skulls so we will just jump to day 5.

Just a note about this campaign. The first part does seem to drag a bit, especially in PBP, because you are stuck doing the mundane jobs on a ship, but that's kind of the point. Your stuck here in a tough spot. It's very long in the Real life campaign, I'm going to shorten this section up for the PBP but I still want you to get the sense that you are on the wormwood for a long time.

What I think I'm going to do from this point is not bother to assign daily tasks, we will just assume you've each fallen into a routine and you know your job. What I'll let you do is take one action a day instead of two, you can choose a night or day action and make the appropriate rolls for that. Rum ration still needs to be had each day because it's something that's forced on you. This will give you the sense of time passing by but we won't spend two or three real life days trying to play out one in game day (unless something unique happens that day. How does that sound? It will get us to the interesting parts faster :) Input, thoughts?

Day 5: Morning, The ship is still heading South West.

You are each assigned your daily work, hauling rope, running notes, cooking food and tying knots here and there. The day seems normal enough and the weather pleasant. Plugg and scourge make their rounds, Scourge yells and cusses at some of you, Plugg just seems to ignore you, as if he has something else on his mind.

perception Check DC 20:

You notice that the captain, who comes on deck only to go to the bridge a few times each day spends a lot of time talking to the mysterious woman Peppery Longfarthing and not as much talking to Plugg other than to give orders here and their. You determine that this is starting to grate on the first mate and he seems to be getting frustrated that he's not included in these longer conversations.

Go ahead and choose one daily action, either a night action or a day time action, roll rum for the evening etc.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
I rise the next morning a little groggy but am able to shake it off and head up for work. As I am watching the precedings of the day unfurl I notice the oddities in the chain of command.
I put my best foot forward and work the usual way.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 doing just fine at such an easy chore I move on. [I]"Okay, it is time to make the most risky move of my time here. I need to talk to Plugg and get on his good side, if he has one, even if it kills me. Everyone has people that they can respect even if just a little and I have worked hard and kept my nose clean. After yesterday it seems possible."[/]

With that mindset in gear I seek out Plugg to talk to him.....saying a small prayer to the dice god as I do. Once I find him I attempt some friendly, but not too intrusive chat. "Hey boss, never did get a chance to tell you, I think your doing a find job as first mate. Best I've seen in awhile. I was on a ship once were the first mate actually neglected his duties to the captain but you, your so go you practically run this whole ship. Where'd you learn to be so skilled."
Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Please let him be indifferent and ugly please.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabina makes her way to the galley for cooking today.

Is Fish Guts drunk or sober? I need to know if I have to make a roll today.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

At night Sabinae will ditch the rum.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Fishguts is sober

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix walks over to scourge after he finishes his rope tying. "Hello Scourge, how are you today? I would like to say you do a great job of keeping the ships crew in order."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Rum: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Felix hopes the rum will clear his mind as he tries the story again

Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Daytime Action

Sabinae will go shopping today at the quartermaster's store.

”Hey there. I understand you are the one who knows how to get things. I am here to get some gear. Maybe the gear I came aboard with, hmm?” ”Since I work in the galley I can see about getting a bottle of something better for you than that swill they call rum.”


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae:

Sabinae, by this point, having worked in the Galley, you’ve gotten to know Grok a bit. She’s always in and out and has a word with Fishguts throughout the day here and there and she even joined in for a few drinks the other day while you were boozing with Fishguts.

When you ask for your equipment Grok says, ”a Friend of Fishguts is a friend of mine, you need something you come and see me if you need anything else. I can even lend you cash for gambling if ye need it, but just make sure I get it back eh.” She hands you back all of your gear with a toothy grin and a slap on the back. ”but if you do find some ale better then the swill they call rum feel free to come on back and visit your friend Grok eh?”

Felix :

Need you to roll fort save for the rum.

Scourge does not take kindly to you coming over and trying to flatter him. He yells at you to get back to work and even lets you have it with the whip for one lash.

1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Non-lethal damage.

”I’ll show you more order if ye like!” He bellows.

In the evening your oratory attempts even go worse than last night, the crowd is particularly hostile and you even have a few empty mugs tossed at you as well as some stale bread.

Gan:

lol Gan, sorry he’s neither indifferent nor is he ugly. But good try ;) Can you also roll for rum?

Plugg doesn’t take kindly to you intruding on his thoughts. But you are surprised he seems so preoccupied that he simply orders you back to work or you’ll get a lash, he doesn’t actually lash you.

A few minutes later however Scourge walks up to Plugg and they start talking and scourge seems to have Pluggs ear. Scourge seems to be frowning at you and saying something to plugg.

still need Elthas and Four Skulls daily actions, but I'm going to move ahead with the evenings entertainment and I can deal with their actions as they post them.

After bloodyhour, Plugg, Scourge and several other pirates lead the hulking brute in rags, Owlbear, up on deck. The deck goes quite.

"This here is Owlbear and he does one thing and one thing only, fight! And I'm in the need of some proper entertainment tonight." Yells Plugg as he pulls out a large black bag. "This here is a purse with 100 Gold coins and this goes to the man or woman how thinks they can best Owlbear in a fight. Tonight I'll leave it up to you lot," He points at the PCs "Our latest volunteers to the sweat trade. Let one o' yer number take the challenge or i'll choose one of you as I fancy. This is fists and fists only and not to the death just to a bloody pulp, so which one o' you will volunteer?"

All right this should be fun :) Just to let you know I might be able to post in the morning but after that I won't be able to post again till Saturday night or maybe even Sunday night as I am going camping...so no internet. But Elthas and Four Skulls feel free to post your actions and you can all talk amongst yourselves and decide which lucky character gets to fight Owlbear.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Here we go.

Seeing sourge and Plugg talking, my suspicion is that they have plans. Sure enough when they announce a sanctioned fight I know who Plugg may "Fancy" to fight the guy. "Fights earn respect here. This one is not under the table. Got a feeling this guy will mop the deck with my face but points would probably come for at least trying. At best I can shake the coward tag I'm wearing. Damn this is gonna hurt."

I step forward. "I'm done with work so I don't mind entertaining everyone. Sure more than a few folks here would love to see me get my ass handed to me. At anyrate, I volunteer to fight the big guy. I'll try to not go down too quickly."


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Day 4 - Evening Action:

Evening action: Influence Jaudiced Jape
Four Skulls drinks the run.
Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Cha: 1d4 ⇒ 3

At some point after dinner when the half orc is sitting by himself the shoanti stops in front of him and puts Jape's dagger and money bag with the 9 pieces of gold in front of him.

The other day you droped this on the floor.
Four Skulls nods to the other sailor and goes away.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 3 = 24

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Day 5 - Morning Action:

Four Skulls works diligently on the job at hand.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well I'm back from camping, but it doesn't seem like everyone else is around. Still waiting on Elthas action as well as pretty much everyone's response to Plugg, other than Gan. I'll wait till this evening for others to post, if not than I am going to assume nobody else steps up or says anything in response to Plugg.

Four Skulls, Jape quickly grabs his things back with a frown and a growl, but then looks at you and gives you a nod, you think that that may be one of appreciation. Although he may not be a friend by any means you think he probably doesn't hate you like he did before.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae stays quiet and watches.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix, tired of being beat on today, just sinks back and watches. "No thanks sir, but Im sure Gan will fight a entertaining fight."


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Since we havent heard from people we will continue, I don't want the campaign to lag too much because that will kill it quickly so Lucky you Gan, you're up :)

Owlbear is let off his chain and sensing that he is going to get to fight begins to pound his fist against his open palm with a toothy grin. The pirates around the main deck begin to cheer or jeer and the mood of the crew is very boisterous and loud in aticipation of the coming fight.

"Better not be over too fast"

"Smash em to bits Owlbear."

"Doesn't matter who they choose 5 gold on owlbear."

"Five, I'll go fifteen!

Gan is singled out as the combatant the betting begins in earnest all around the deck, mostly in favour of Owlbear. Conchobhar is giving 2:1 Odds for Owlbear and is willing to go 5:1 on Gan though he doesn't have many takers.

Gan is pushed into the makeshift ring of pirates. The crowd begins to cheer even louder.

Gan go ahead and roll initiative as well as a perception check please.

Owlbear Init 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Oh boy, this is going to be interesting.

Like a stud I take off my shirt and throw it to the crowd, what they do with it is up to them. I then move focused and ready into the "ring" ready to try my luck. I wince prematurely at the thought of what getting slugged by this dude is gonna feel like.
Int:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

I move in quickly and try to land a hit.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 for:1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
He's not wearing armor right? I think he's at a minus 1 to dex so that's still a hit right? Please say yes.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Just curious, is there anything tactical I can do in this fight or is it simply just attack back and forth? You know, does it involve skill or just a series of dice rolls until someone goes down.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Four Skulls is taken by surprise when the gunslinger volunteer himself for the fight. Maybe something that was said did entered that thick head of his. he thinks astonished.

Turning to Cochobhar Hey, put me on 1 gp on skinny over there.
And back to the fight.
Come on varisian! Show them how its done up in the north!

Most tatical options that I recall on this game are done through feats and equipment. But there are quite a few combat maneuvers like grab, trip, bullrush, feint, fighting defensively and total defense.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Yes Four Skulls is right, those are the tactical options. You have, but I also need you to roll a perception check or Sense Motive check.

Gan you move quickly across the ring and land a right hook to Owlbear's chin. It's clearly a hit but the amount of pain it caused him seems minimal. He growls and brings his right fist around in a hook at your head.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The heavy fist comes flying straight at your head.

Gan, Before your next round roll a perception check or Sense motive check, one or the other, probably whichever is better ;).


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Perception is my good one:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
I recoil in pain and focus on my foe again.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You don't get hit just yet, I needed you to roll perception first.

You notice that Owlbear appears to be blind or nearly blind in his left eye. You figure that if you try and fight on his left side you would have a better chance of avoiding his hits.

IF you choose to try and fight on his left side...which I will assume you do, than you can make a bluff check or acrobatics check to feint or dodge the incoming blows.

251 to 300 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.