Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


201 to 250 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I'm going to leave it open for more posts for the night and a little in the morning so feel free to continue your conversations with the NPC's. Oh, and Gan because you haven't actually done an action this evening go ahead and choose one if you like. It will take place after your brief chat with grok.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

After some thought I head to see Fishguts in the kitchen for the evening.
I attempt to dismiss the Rum while no one is looking.
Stealth:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

I then head to the kitchen to try and get on Fishgut's good side. "Hey how are you. I understand your the head chef. Things going alright for you buddy? I was wondering if you had any favors you might need done in exchange for a bottle of some good stuff. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy, just somethin better than rum. Well, anything I can do fer ya?"
Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

DM, you apologized for me not having any luck, but I have remained conscious for an entire day! This is a massive improvement to my predicament. Elthas may be panicky until he gets his staff back(its less about even being able to cast spells and more about it being part of him) but I'm enjoying the RP just fine even if he is a little worthless until he gets some gear.

Also, I'm going to shift up my prepped spells a bit since I have my spellbook back. It isn't going to matter a lot(I need to roll a 15 for a 0th level spell without my staff), but I'll shift them when we rest so I have a more likely to be effective spells whenever I can cast.

Elthas nods his head to Plugg, stepping back and away with a polite "Aye, sir, just want to offer what use I have, sir!" and then rapidly departs from the man so he doesn't anger him further.

Assuming at this point that he isn't going to get his stuff back any time soon, Elthas will be keeping an eye out for some of the things he suspects he will be able to find on a ship that he can use as components. If at any point I can see and pick up any of these things I will, DM. Bit of scrap leather, fish scale, sand, intact bladder I can inflate.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Having the gear makes people think twice before they beat me. Intimidation factor."


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Evening Action 2:

Oh I drink and party with Grok alright. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day... Btw fail once and u are already addicted! Wow. People told me this AP was harsh, I guess they were right lol..

The shoanti and the half orc start to drink and exchange tales, Four Skulls tells about his live as a sailor but does not go in detail about the period before that. He is interested in hearing Grok's past and her experiences aboard this ship. He is not saying no to the quartermaster whatever her idea of fun for the night is as long as it dont land him in trouble the next day.

Is the money I had in me returned with my equipament? On my backpack or something..?
Does the penalty to CON affects my hit points or is just in the checks?.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas:

You figure that Grok, out of anyone, would probably have some leather. As for the rest you might be able to find some sand in the cargo hold, but probably not the main deck, it’s been scrubbed pretty clean. And you figure getting fish scales from the galley should be no problem. What kind fo bladder do you need?

If you shirk your duty tomorrow you could probably gather most of the items on your list. Except maybe the leather.

Four Skulls:

Yes your money is returned in your pack, also the con dmg will affect HP.

Gan:

You find fishguts sitting around talking to Sabinae, they seem to be in the middle of a deep conversation, or at least it appears to have just come to an end.

Fishgut’s notices you when you come in and listen’s. ”Hmm. Well thanks fer the offer but not much I need I’m afraid, and not much to give either, no good stuff anyway, you’re welcome to have some of this piss. All the beer, brandy and rum in the world tastes the same to me now....Nah I don’t need anything right now but thanks fer the offer.

Fishguts seems to be in a self loathing mood about something and not really wanting to talk about it. But your offer goes over well and it seems to have improved his attitude towards you.

If I missed anything for day 3 please let me know

When you all eventfully head to bed and manage to pass out despite some loud snoring coming from someone near the fore section.

Day 4: Morning

When morning comes about it promises to be just another day aboard ship. You are all starting to understand the routine and it’s becoming somewhat familiar now.

Profession Sailor Check or Geography Check DC 15:

When you get on deck you notice that you’ve cleared jeopardy bay and the ship is turning Southwest. To the North is the island Dahak’s Tooth To the south the mainland continues. The ship appears to be making it’s way through the myriad of islands that make up the shackles.

Jobs assigned:

Gan, rigging repair
Sabinae, you find Ambrose sober and awake and in a better mood than last night, he seems to have the slop all finished for the day and doesn’t care to put much more effort in. He seems like he would rather sit around and drink with you and talk. Bull Session for the day with Fishguts.

Felix and Elthas, You are both assigned to Haul rope and do knot work together today.

Four Skulls, You’ve been tasked with being a runner, you need to run about the ship and deliver messages from the officers or fetch things they might need.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sabina will sit down with Kroope and chat.

"So how did you come to be aboard such a ship as the wormwood? This doesn't seem to be a very good vessel if they need more "recruits" such as us. Although you seem to be much more capable then some of the other members."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Bah! Sorry for posting the same thing again. I have been working 12 hour days and I didn't see all the posts before I did that. I have been extremely tired. Since I already have that info please feel free to ignore that last post. In this case I will change what I say to the following:

"I have a small request to make. I am needing to get a staff that was taken from a fellow who came on board with me. Maybe even his pouch too. I would be very grateful to you if you help a mermaid out."

May I use the diplomacy roll I made from before? If not I will make another one.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Felix works hard at his hauling around
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Felix, what rolls are for what?

No problem Sabinae :) I've been really busy myself, and sick. Yes I'll allow you to use that roll. You need to drink a rum ration during this conversation, please role for it and remember that you will be fatigude.

While you are chatting with Kroop you ask him for Elthas gear. He smiles and laughs. "Just a pouch eh? Just a staff? Well I suppose I can see if I can get Grok to fork it over. She's a good friend and a kind one at heart, never let her hear you say that though." He laughs a bit.

About a half hour later Grok comes by and nods a hello. She walks through the galley and into the quartermasters store. Fishguts follows her and you here a mutted conversation in the other room. A few moments later Fishguts comes out with Grok and Grok has Elthas' gear in hand. "Well tell your friend he owes me." She says in a gruff but sarcastic way. She hands you his gear. Fishguts thanks her for the help and promises he'll break out some good wine for her tonight.

Sabinae that only took the morning, you can make another free action today, Kroop is essentially giving you the afternoon off.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

How much of the daily asignments and rolls am I allowed to take 10 on? I could do them all resulting in 19 for profession sailor checks, and 17 for Climb checks.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I am allowed to take ten on work right? Would I be allowed to take ten on the check to determine our location?


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Rum Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Rum Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Sabinae will explore (read: sneak) below decks today. Time to see what is about. She will also hide the staff and pouch in the sleeping area until the evening.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

you can't take ten on work, only on your climb checks to get into the rigging. Your options for taking ten are take shirk -2 to work and take 10 on one check, or sneak, pass a stealth check and then you can make one perception roll.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Sorry, first was profession sailor the second con


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I take ten on climbing the rigging. Even with a -2 my score is still a 15 per climb.
To do the work I will roll.
Sailor1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Lol, same thing as taking ten hehe

After work I go to talk to one of the other Riggers. I approach Syl. "Greetings. I'm Gan. Trying to get to know some members of the crew better. I was hoping you'd be willing to chat for a bit." I talk for a bit ask her when she joined, how she likes working on this ship. At the end of it I ask her the most important question. "So, I understand we are suppose to buy stuff from the quartermaster. How exactly do we make money?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Four Skulls spends the whole day running around the ship passing messages. But between them he explores the middle deck. Once again by the time the sun is setting he is very tired.
Day action: Runner - Sneak: Middle deck
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Con: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Perception 20

DM:

How was my night with the quartermaster yesterday? What did we do? Did i learned anything about this crew? Did I got lucky and it ended with a happy ending? Lol.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

DAY 4: AFTERNOON

About an hour past noon those of you on deck hear a loud scream from below decks and stomping and thumping up the stairs.

Gan you are the first to see Jack Scrimshaw, the youngest swab on the crew, come running up from below decks cradling his hand and looking to be on the verge of tears.

He runs as fast as he can to Mr. Plugg. Those of you on deck can clearly hear him say that he was working the bilges below when something swam out of the water, something big, and it bit him hard on his hand.

Plugg immediately eyes the four of you on deck, Gan, Felix, Four Skulls and Elthas, he sees you all watching from the deck. ”You, the new lot, time fer you to pull yer weight around here. Get down to the bilges, take that Mermaid with you from the galley as well and see what you can find in the bilges. I don’t want to see any of you back up here until whatever it is is dealt with. You hear me?”

You are all free to react and respond to Plugg. Your day actions are not yet completed, this happens just after noon, which means that Sabinae, you have already had one rum ration so you are fatigued (-2 DEX/STR) But if any of you failed your Con checks for work yer it hasn't taken effect. Also if you have your armour back than please remember to update your tag with the new AC, I go by the AC I see on the forum, I won't check profiles usually.

Four Skulls:
Your evening mostly consisted of drinking rum with Grok on deck. By the time everyone was ordered below for the night she was already pretty wasted so nothing "happened."

You learnt that Grok grew up in port peril, that she was a street kid and that she had a very difficult life there. You also learnt that most of the crew is fairly new. Grok let on that none except maybe the Sailmaster, a human woman called peppery longfarthing has ever actually served with Captain Harrigan for more than the last month, not even Plugg and Scourge. She doesn't now more about that. She's only been on this ship for the last three or four weeks herself.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I approach Plugg. "Can I possibly get a Gun or a crossbow and some ammo? If there is something down there to kill, it would be better for us all if me and the others can do so efficiently sir."


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Aye, sir.
Before going down, while Gan is talking to the officer, Four Skulls will quickly exam Scrimshaw's hand.
Heal to discover what kind of thing would do a wound like that.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
I guess I have no idea whatsoever.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Before going down, would I have a chance to get the staff and pouch to Elthas?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae, you aren't there yet, one of the others needs to let you know that you need to go, but yes would have time to get Elthas his things because you get to the bilges through the lower deck where your locker is.

Four Skulls you are stumped as to what the bite could have been caused by.

Plugg says to Gan "If Jack got out alive I'm sure you don't need a damned gun in the bilges, this should work well enough" He hands you a dagger.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"We will take care of it sir. I'll go get Sabinae." Felix heads off to the kitchen looking for Sabinae


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You all make your way into the bilges, it's hot and dank and the water appears to be at about a foot and a half depth. you all make it down the hatch and into the water.

Please make a perception check.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Felix takes a look around the bilges


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Before we get down to the bilges but after going below deck, Sabinae will make her way to Elthas and whisper in his ear:

"I have something for you."

She leads him to where she stashed the pouch and staff. Looking around to make sure nobody is watching she retrieves and hands them to Elthas.

"A present for you. Don't say I never did anything for you." she says with a twinkle in her eye and a smile.

Once down in the bilges she take a good look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"Blasted sun! Makes it hard to adjust down here when I am above decks all the time."


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Going down into the ship Four Skulls retreive his spears and cestus from his stash in the lower deck.

Cursed spirits!
I spend the last two days in this l$@&hole and now I am back here again. There is nothing here but filth. Kid probably bited his on hand to skip his job.
the shoanti says while poking the water with his longspear and looking around.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Cast Light on his spear.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"If thats what happened, then im pi$$#d." Felix says as he pulls out his cutlass


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

I forgot to mention that Sabinae brought her short sword too.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

"Tch. Fine." I grudgingly take the dagger and follow the others down. Looking to them I say, "I am not much of a melee fighter but I'm not going to run from this one. If there is something down here, dealing with it might make things easier for us on this ship." I stick close to the leader with the dagger in hand wishing I had a ranged weapon instead.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I wanted to get an apology up. I've had a family emergency that had pulled me out of town and pretty much holed up in a hospital over the weekend. I'm back around now and just trying to get things settled around here, I'll have a real pose up tonight.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Most of you don't manage to pick out anything right away however Felix notices several large creatures on top of some crates in one corner, it only takes him a second to realize they are nasty, mangy looking Dire rats, 2 feet in length with missing patches of fur and needle sharp teeth.

He also notices four more in the water throughout the room scouring for scraps of food.

Dire Rats Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Elthas Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Gan Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Felix Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sabinea Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Four Skulls Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Before any of you are able to react the rats see you and leap into action swimming towards you with their beady little eyes and their needle like teeth looking hungry.

One rat attacks each of you except Sabinae, two attack her. all of you except Felix are suprised and are flat footed.

Dire Rat 1, Attacks Elthas,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 3 HITS

Dire Rat 2, Attacks Felix,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 HITS

Dire Rat 3, Attacks Gan,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 MISS

Dire Rat 4, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 1 HITS

Dire Rat 5, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 MISS

Dire Rat 6, Attacks Four Skulls,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 HITS

The Dire rats rip and gnaw at you looking for live meat.

Those of you who got hit must take a Fort Save please. You can all make your attack now. I'm not going to put up a map for this fight so just tell me what you want to do.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas, no need for apologies! very understandable. I hope all is well with you and your family member.


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

With a sneer Four Skulls answers Gan.
Dont do me no favors lowlander.
You know damn well you are going to do what you are told because you have no choice. This is a pirate ship, you follow orders or goldensmile up there if going to flail you alive with his whip.
Same as would happen with any of us.

He was about to say something more when sudenly the shoanti was fighting for his life. Steping back he tries to impale the giant rat with his spear.

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Felix swings his cutlass hard at the rat
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Ow! Mangy critter. Come here!"

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I dodge the little creature and attempt to stab it.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 For:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Your round of attacks does not go well, each of the rats seems to dodge your blow or you simply miss, except Gan who, unused to engaging so close in combat, lightly cuts one of the dire rats.

Just a Note, Elthas has not made his move so I am going to post the rats next attacks and you can post your actions as well but Elthas can, when he has time, Post two rounds of actions. If anything significant happens due to his actions we'll just fix as it goes.

Dire Rat 1, Attacks Elthas,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 4 HITS

Dire Rat 2, Attacks Felix,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 1 HITS

Dire Rat 3, (-2 HP) Attacks Gan,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 MISS

Dire Rat 4, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 4 MISS

Dire Rat 5, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 2 MISS

Dire Rat 6, Attacks Four Skulls,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 4 HITS

If you are bitten please take a Fort save for each bite you take.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

"Damn rats!" I stab at it again.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 For:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

This time, in his frustration, Gan is able to get a clean hit with the dagger and stabs the rat clean through killing it. Dire Rat 3 is dead


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

"I said die!" Sabinae says as she stabs at the same one again.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Bones Oracle 2, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Stepping back again the shoanti finally nails the rat to the ship's hull with his spear. But his wounds burn like they are on fire.
Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Again I wanted to apologize for all my delays, but I am back in full force now and have things settled down.

And Sabinae, you're my hero!

When Sabinae gave him his staff:
When given his goods, Elthas will smile widely at her and immediately speak a few words to cast a spell, helping to ease the discomfort of the sun. Giving a wink of his own he adds. "You're a life saver, I'll make sure you don't regret it."

I would put Penumbra on her and keep it up as best I can. Only last 10 minutes right now, but will let her ignore the penalties for being dazzled. It won't help when on separate work duties, unfortunately, but since its a cantrip I'll keep it up whenever we are around each other.

Fort saves1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

So I don't disrupt combat, I'll just take a swing for my skipped action. However, if I am attacked again I'll be using Windy Escape as an immediate action. Just gives me DR 10/magic and lets me ignore crits/sneak attack, ect for a single attack. I'm at 0, so I don't want to get hit again.

Elthas swipes at the rats with his staff, cursing "Bloody hells, these buggers have sharp teeth, don't they?"

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

When bitten again, he swings out his staff again at the creature before stumbling back a step to try and get away from its teeth as he's really bleeding now, enough that he isn't letting out his little quips anymore.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas, in your first round of actions you smashed a rat to pieces with your staff, so ignore the hit you took from the second round of attacks. As for your second rat I'm just going to assume that, since Sabinae is in your good books and she's being attacked by 2dire rats your next swing would be at one attacking her....but you miss with that one. :(

ELTHAS ROUND 1

Elthas hammers the rat that is attacking him as it comes out of the water to bite him with disease infested teeth. It's head caves in and it's lifeless body floats before sinking. Dire Rat 1 is Dead

Elthas you see an opportunity to move into a flanking position on one of the rats attacking Sabinae.

ROUND 2:

Sabinae and Elthas are unable to cause any damage to the ferocious vermin attacking Sabinae.

Meanwhile Gan finishes off the right attacking him with a swift slice of his dagger, Four Skulls skewers one through with his spear while Felix Manages to kill the one attacking him.

Only Dire Rat 4 and 5 remain alive.

DIRE RATS ROUND 3:

Dire Rat 4, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 4 MISS

Dire Rat 5, Attacks Sabinae,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, DMG 1d4 ⇒ 1 MISS

Again both Rats try to bite Sabinae, going after her tail. She is able to deftly bat them away with her sword.

PC ROUND 3 Action, go ahead.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Okay, if there are still rats alive when my turn comes up then I will slip into flanking position IF it is possible unless it would provoke, not in the mood to risk some kind of disease.
Attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Add 2 if I got flanking.
For:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

EDIT: Oh, well then. I hope at least one rat lives to my turn :)
Confirm Crit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Add 2 if I got Flanking.
For Additional:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bet I got him even without the flank hehe


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Attack Dire Rat 4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Geez, this trying to hit thing is just not working today.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix swings at the nearest rat
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Huzzah! Staff in hand and suddenly I am useful. Tomorrow I'll actually have spells prepped which require spell components and then they are really in trouble!

Being near the bottom of the round, I expect the two rats will be dead by the time my turn comes around. However, if its not:

Elthas raises a hand and points at one of the rats, even as he takes a step away. Speaking quietly, a burst of water sprays from his fingertips into the creature.

Five foot stepping away from any rats remaining and to try and give myself a better angle and casting hydraulic push. Basically want to just knock the rat back so the better fighters get an AoO on it.

CMB 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Edit: Yep, really hoping its dead by the time my turn comes up.

201 to 250 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.