Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


151 to 200 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Prof. Sailor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Felix works hard at making repairs all day, trying to keep his nose clean after the brawl


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Daytime Action

Sabinae will work diligently today. She feels pretty good after helping best those buffoons.

She goes to slaughter a pig.

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

She will then clean, cut, and prepare the carcass.

Intelligence Check (+4 from working diligently). 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Hopefully this will please the captain.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Elthas chuckles to the others, flashing a bit of a grin. "I've been in my share of brawls. Its rather nice to actually win one."

His demeanor sobers up some when Plugg gives his orders, simply nodding with an 'Aye, sir!' before setting off to work. On the way down he stops at the quartermaster to see what he can do about getting back some of his prized but not-valuable possessions.

Elthas will try and get his staff back if at all possible from the quartermaster, it has a 0gp value and hopefully he will be able to convince them that he can catch rats better if he has something to thump them with. If he thinks they can be convinced, he'll try and talk his way into his spell component pouch with the promise that with it he will be able to aid his fellows so their work will improve too.

Dex Check(including -2 for quartermaster) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Diplomacy(if needed) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sigh.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

At the sight if things continuing as normal, I am in shock. Nothing, not even a scolding. "The state of order on this ship is ridiculous. It's like the bosses don't even care. I wonder just HOW MUCH we can actually get away with? I need to get my gunsmithing kit back. Well work for now but its time to start testing boundaries. I wanted to play nice and work my way up the old fashion way but now I am not even sure I want to bow to idiots anymore.

With that I make my way to the rigging.
I focus on climbing so as not to make any mistakes. Take 10 on climbs for result of 17 each.
Once I am up I start working.
Profession Sailor:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Once I finish I chat with Miss Barefoot again.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
"I notice that the bosses didn't seem to notice the commotion from that fight. I thought for sure it wouldn't go unnoticed but.....I was wondering, does stuff like that brawl happen a lot? If so, what other questionable activities go on unnoticed?"


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

@$&!
Its no coincidence that me and Nicodemus got the worse job on the ship today. Its business as usual for everybody except for the newcomers that get the shaft. Bloody cowards!

Four Skulls give a side glance to the fat sailor with murder in his eyes before going down to man the bilges. He will sneak around during the day to get familiar with the surroundings.

Man the Bilges: Sneak
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
STR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
CON: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Could I take 10 or 20 on any of this checks DM?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Not sure what has happened to Nicodemus but we will carry on.

Elthas:

Unfortunately your day does not go well, you hardly catch anything and Grok is less than enthusiastic to return your gear, no matter the cost. She does seem to make mention that if you found some drink better than rum she might be willing to part with your things.

Scourge finds you talking to Grok however and yells at you to get back to work, telling you your going to get it at bloody hour.

Sabinae:

Sabinae you kill and prep the pig as well as prepare the stew without any difficulty. Around supper time the young cabin girl comes back and grabs the pig and dinner for the officers and heads back upstairs without saying anything.

Felix :

Your day passes without incident and without angering anyone.

Not the daily work checks and only on perception if you shirk.

Four Skulls:

You don’t notice much, you are so busy you only get a chance to look around the bilges but aren’t able to see much or find anything.

You do notice there are manacles on the beams down there and you figure this was probably the room you had been kept when you were brought on board.

You perform your job very well and don’t draw any attention to yourself.

Gan:

She giggles a bit and answers. ”Its a pirate ship Gan...of course there is all kinds of questionable activity. It’s not like we’ve signed on with a merchant company or a fishing boat. Sometimes the bosses care, sometimes they don’t. I think they care more about whether we get our work done and don’t kill each other more than they care about us taking a few bruises from each other.”

Your day goes well and you have a great conversation with Samms. She giggles and laughs at your jokes.

Samms disposition is now Helpful towards you

You do your job well and without problems.

At the end of your shift you are all called up on deck for bloody hour and Scourge happily has Elthas lashed to the main mast where he delivers three heavy blows with a whip for what he calls a pathetic effort at working.

1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Elthas you take 12 Non-lethal. After you are whipped Sandara asks for some help and she carries you below deck where she channels energy and heals you.

2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

Just an aside, it really helps me if you keep track of your health in the status bar beside your name. Also if you get your armour back please remember to update your bar because I use it for quick reference during combats

After bloody hour you are all handed your rum rations and you may take your actions during leisure time. please roll fro rum, either to drink or to ditch.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

You said she healed me, by how much? Or just back up to full? The whipping itself would have put me unconscious unless she healed at least 5.

Once he is back on his feet, Elthas mutters quietly to himself about not having his stick, though even his welted back can't stop him from chuckling quietly to himself when he makes the whispered joke that Scourge should hand over his feet and we'd see his pathetic attempt at walking too.

In the evening, Elthas will try and catch Sabinae where he can talk to her a bit more privately, nodding towards the ball and chain on her tail.

Sabinae:
"You know a thing or two about hobbling. They've got my staff and pouch locked up in the quartermaster. Without the pouch, I'm a bow without arrows. Without the staff I don't have a bloody string. It may not be worth any coin, but the fact that my staff is valuable to me doesn't lead the quartermaster to give it up so easily, and frankly I don't think Scourge or Plugg are the sort of team players who will give it back just because I'll be able to help the crew. If I can get some decent booze, something a bit higher end than the rum, she offered me a trade. You're in the kitchen, do you think you could come up with something? If you can help me out on this, I may have something that can make your days a bit more comfortable, its just not going to work without that staff."

He pauses and gives a little nod towards Gan, giving a small grin. "If you turn me down my next option is hoping our ladies man coward over there can woo it out of here, so please help me out."

Rum rolls
Cha 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 2
Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Cha: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Gonna try to get on the quartermasters good side

"Hello there Grok. How are you doing this fine evening? You certainly keep these quarters well kept

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

As per request, I will make an evening/night check later after the daily actions are done


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae, Daily actions are done, you can go ahead with your evening/night action. Elthas, I should have specified. The rolls below were for her channel energy so she heals you for 18.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Evening/Night action

She keeps her voice low so only Elthas can hear her.

Elthas:
"I may be able to get to get either item myself. If not, I will get you something she wants so you can make a trade. While I may not like the conditions we have it makes the best sense to work together. We stand a better chance of getting out of this in one piece." she says thoughtfully.

"As for the cowardly one, I will get to him when the time comes." she says with a cold look towards Gan. "No, I am not going to kill him. Just going to let him know about when to fight and when to run. That was not a time to run. Fortunately we did well. It could have just as easily gone against us."

"I'll get back to you on either your pouch or staff." When she gets up she gives Elthas a wink as she heads off to relax before going to sleep.

Sabinae will ditch the nightly rum ration. She wants to be alert in the event anything happens.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Tonight I am in no mood for rum. I ditch the stuff.
Stealth:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Provided this succeeds I go over to Samms and talk with her one last time. "I get the impression there is no going anywhere trying to impress the bosses. On that note I am not even sure I want these guys in charge. But that is not what I am worried about. I feel naked without my gun and I miss my pet. Do you have an idea what has become of my things and what is the best way to get them back? Or at least, can you point me to the person most likely to help me?"

Depending on the info she gives me, I may have more actions for the evening.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Come nightfall Four Skulls drinks his run slowly, appreciating the warm felling that takes over his tired body. He stays close the other newcomers during dinner, weary of another ambush. After the meal he starts a conversation with Sandara Quin when they are both alone.

Rum
Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Cha: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Evening Action: Influence Sandara:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Hi. I wanted to thank you for yesterday's advice women. I did not realise how good it was until today! You were right, it pays off to have friends specially in this place. It seems to have a lot of hidden traps. I was wondering if there were any other threats that I should be aware of.

After her response.

Also embarassed when they attacked me at the tavern they stole everything I had. If my stuff is still around how could I get it back?

And before they part ways and if her answers are helpfull. I appreciate the help. Won t forget who my friends are. smiling.

I may go for a second night action depending on how it plays out.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Felix :

You find Grok and she is kicking back some bottles of rum after coming down from gambling and partying on the deck.

She looks around the quarters she’s in and laughs at your comment. The room isn’t very clean, there are rum bottles everywhere and Ambrose Kroop is already passed out on his bed across the room. She says, ”So, come to get on my good side ha’ ya?” she slurs her words already intoxicated by the rum. You notice that she is tall thin and muscular, but what you notice most is a long scar across her neck which seems to have been made by someone trying to slit her throat a long time ago.

”Well I’m closed, yer not getting yer stuff back tonight, however...If ye where to maybe spend some time trying to encourage me to show ye a favour I might be more inclined, hick! Inclined to see what I can do in the morning...

The drunken Grok grabs you by your shirt and hauls you into bed and starts drunkenly kissing you. You can choose to respond or take an action

Four Skulls:

Your conversation goes really well with Sandara, she indicates that she is more than willing to be your friend. She mentions that your things should probably be in the quartermasters stock now and that Grok isn’t the easiest to convince to give items back. She does however say that if you are willing to play on her superstitious nature you might convince her to get it back...but you probably don’t want to make her your enemy.

As for threats she says, who knows, its a pirate ship after all, most pirates stick to the pirates code, but most bend the rules. Best way to make sure your avoid and “traps” she says is to make a person your friend, scare them so badly they’ll avoid you, or “dispose” of them in some fashion.

Gan:

Samms lets you know that your things are probably being held by Grok the quartermaster, she also says that if your looking for your monkey she hasn’t seen it but most animals either end up in Fishgut’s slop and served to the crew, or he sometimes keeps them as pets...for a while. She isn’t sure where.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Influence Sandara:

The pirate's code... I have heard of it before. What does it preach?

And if I do manage to get my stuff back can I wear it on the ship? Would the crew or offices attack or rob me if I was walking around on armor and with my spears?

Could I make another action tonight? Like paying a visit to the quartermaster and trying to influence her.

The rum's bonus to charisma is in the ability's score or in the ability score's modifier?

On another post you mentioned that I could take 20 on the perception if I shirked my work, what does that mean in game terms? A penality to the checks related to my assigned task? Of how much?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Whats her Charisma score?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Four skulls I believe you can only do that during the work day, not night time and I believe its a -2. CHA bonus is to modifier.

Four Skulls - She says that each pirate is required to maintain their own weapons and can carry them as they see fit. But it's pretty standard to not give new "recruits" their weapons because you never know what they'll do with them. She smiles. She also tells you the pirates code.

I'll put it up in the info page as a reference document in a minute.You can do another night time action, in fact two more, but each one you do increases the likelihood that you will be fatigued or even exhausted the next day, and since you drank your rum you are already fatigued. But yes you can do up to two more actions and if you want to then you have to make a CON check at -2 and then at -4. Basically it means you are staying up during the night and not getting your rest.

Felix - why do you want to know her Charisma score?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Oops I meant to post that in a different thread, I need to stop posting late at night

Felix, after chugging that rum, is completely ok with what is going on right now.

Am I going to have to RP this out?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

lol, no that's good enough.

After a few minutes Grok passes out from so much Alcohol but you figure that your chances of her being more open to requests will probably have improved...If she remembers.

Felix Grok's disposition towards you has increased to friendly from indifferent

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"Well thanks...."

Is my stuff around? I had a cutlass and scale mail armor

Perception if needed 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

No there does not appear to be any thing in this room except two small lockers and two beds belonging to Grok and Fishguts. There are also a lot of rum bottles and chickens. Nothing else of value.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Alright, headed back to my bunk for the night


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay is anyone going to do a night action or can we move on to the next day? I'm going to give it a few hours and then post the next day unless someone posts a night action. Also updated the Campaign info page with the pirates code.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

After his talk with Sandara the shoanti realises he is not used to the strong rum the crew drink onboard. His legs feel heavy and he retires himself to his hammock.

Since Fourskulls already got some fatigue today he is am going to bed. Tomorrow night I will try something else.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I figured my chat with Sabinae was my freebie and I have weak wizardly arms for swabbing the deck, so I didn't want to be fatigued going into it. The intro to the adventure had me unconscious and I've been unconscious every in game day. I'd rather buck the trend.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Thought about it but it seems Grok is busy

I decide to retire early so as to get a clean start in the morning.

I'm having a hard time with Gan in this.....I am not sure what to do except act him out but as it stands, I am not likely to get any favors or make much progress. Guess we'll have to see what happens, I will do my best.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan I think you are the only one to make a friend so far out of the crew that isn't Sandara. You're doing just fine and you have info on where to look for your monkey and weapons. I guess it depends on what you view as progress.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Day 3: Morning, Still heading North across Jeopardy Bay.

You all wake up to the bell and head off to grab your biscuit and your work assignment. Today nobody seems like they are going to bother you.

Work Assignments are as follows:

Gan, Rope work.
Felix, Catching rats.
Four Skulls, working the Bilges...again.
Elthas,Hauling rope and knot work on deck.
Sabinae, You find Ambrose drunk out of his mind again and unable to cook, you figure it will only take a little while to throw together dinner. Ambrose has scrawled a note saying. Hunt Turtles, take Harpoon. You notice several harpoons stored on one of the walls.

I don't think Nicodemus is around so I'm not gonna bother giving him an assignment. If he comes back I'll give him one.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

You have a neat point. Time to see if I can get some more progress.
I work at the rope work. If I can take ten I do. Otherwise here is a roll.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Hmm. Either way looks good.
Once I finish my work I set about finding Grok the quartermaster. Once I see her I smile. "Hey I was wondering what a man's gotta do ta get my stuff back. I'm doing good with the work and I need to spend some time preparing for the possibility of battle. Or are weapons provided in the event of an attack?"


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Four Skulls silently curses as he return to the bilges. While at it he takes his time to explore the place as he works.

Man the bilges: Shirk
Str: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20
Con: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 = 5

By the end of his shift his body feels like its made of lead.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Day Action

Sabinae goes to work diligently hunting turtles.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

So far it seems like she got enough to keep the captain happy.

Is Kroope sober by evening?

I will post my evening action when I get home. Doing 12 hour shifts right now.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix spends the day diligently hunting down whatever pests he finds on the boat

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Woo-hoo a job I am good at. We're shooting for a day of consciousness.

Prof:Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Based purely on the facts that a half-elf stands out on the crew and her name is 'Badger', Elthas spends his day chatting with Badger Medler while he works. He isn't the strongest or hardiest on the crew by far, but he does know his way around the ship and tries to show off a bit now that he's given a more skill based task. If he can, he will learn what he can of the girl's story and hope to add another person on the ship who isn't so likely to give them a wakeup like they had the day before.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Edit: Also, in the evenings would there be a chance to talk to plug or scourge(that way its not at a point where it looks like I am shirking my duties)?


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Evening Action

If Kroope is sober, Sabinae will talk to him.

"You and the bottle are very good friends. How did that come to be?" she asks gently.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas:

Yes there would be an opportunity to talk to most officers in the evening. They usually come out on deck to gamble, party and drink.

The half-elf woman has shaved her grey hair on the sides into a thick strip of hair on top running into a course pony tale. She has well worn hands and a friendly demeanour but seems to stick to herself a bit.

You manage to work hard and get your job done. You find “badger” Medler and you notice she’s very adept at rope work and ship work. You work side by side and you are able to chat about the sea and the ocean. You find out that she’s spent most of her life out at sea working some ship or another. She’s getting on in age, even for a half-elf. She likes the sea adventure and freedom, she’s also hoping for a big score this trip, to get her 1000 GP and maybe retire someplace in the shackles.

Badger’s attitude towards you has changed from unfriendly to indifferent.

Sabinae:

You catch a large sea turtle off the port side about mid day and have more than enought time to dress it and put it in the evening meal. You taste it and it tastes pretty good in your opinion.

Kroop will be sober but only long enough o start drinking again. You can talk to him if you like though in the evening action. I’ll get to your evening conversation in a bit here.

Felix :

You manage to stomp, smash and skewer enough rats to satisfy Master Scourage.

Four Skulls:

You work hard and get your job done but by the end of the shift you are very very tired. I am assuming you are sneaking as your action? That’s the way you go about looking around an area. If so than I need you to roll a perception check.

Gan:

If you visit the quartermaster you need to let me know if you want to try and influence her, if so roll a diplomacy check. Or if you want to shop than you take a -2 to your work roll and can buy stuff if you have money...but I’m assuming you are trying to influence.

You find Grok in the Quartermaster’s Store in the Galley, she appears to be rummaging through a chest full of odds and ends.

After you ask her your question she says.

”Don’t care how hard ye work, not my business, don’t care if you don’t have weapons neither, not my job to keep you armed. Weapons are given to me, I store em. I can’t be just letting things go for nothing. Everything in the quartermaster’s store belongs to the captain now...Oh course I’m open to trades. Find something of value and I’ll trade, find me something better than piss poor rum to drink and I might be even more willing to see what I can do for ye. Now you gonna shop or are you gonna keep wasting my time...my head hurts from last night.” She rubs her temples and moans.


Sorry I didn’t post earlier, I’m a bit sick today and had a busy work day. Those of you who need to make a day action roll still go ahead and take it, as well as post your evening action. The rest of you can post your evening actions as well. Remember rum rations! And I’ll get to evening actions...hopefully in the AM.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Once again Sabinae will ditch the rum.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Hardly keeping his eyes open the shoanti drink his run to forget the tiredness.
Cha: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

What happens if you are already fatigued from work and drink the rum?

Remaining day action:

I though that by taking a -2 on my rolls for the day activity I could smirk and take 20 on my preception. Anyway here is my roll.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Four skulls - You can "shirk" but it's only a take 10 during the day, not a take 20, so its not as good. At night you can "sneak", but you have to make a stealth check to stay hidden and then you can take 20. Make sense? Should all be written up on the campaign info page.

As for drinking rum, if you are fatigued from work you become exhausted after drinking the rum

Fatigued:

Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

Exhausted:

Exhausted: An exhausted character moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. After 1 hour of complete rest, an exhausted character becomes fatigued. A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Cha 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigue 1d8 ⇒ 6
Fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

As he sips on his rum, Elthas will consider the two higher-ups and who may be better to talk to. Neither of them are exactly pleasant characters, but while Scourge seems more a sadist, Plugg may at least listen to something that can benefit him rather than just immediately ordering another beating, so he is the one approached.

Elthas approaches respectfully, waiting until he is noticed and not interrupting anything the officer may be doing in the hope that letting the man feel his power a bit will help his case. "A word with you, sir? I'm trying to take to this life and by the code that means ensuring my talents benefit the crew and the ship. You and my back have already seen that my skill isn't in muscle, but I do have a bit of a knack for spells. I'm not asking to shirk my normal duties, sir, I'll still be a dedicated swab, but the quartermaster has my stick and pouch. They don't have a use to anyone else, but with them I could sure help the men in their day to day tasks. A hull repair goes much quicker if you don't have to come up for air, sir."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Well, Imma gonna get beat.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Ok, I will read the campaigm page again, I think I missed some details. But anyway, did i learn anything else about that sector of the ship with my perception 12?
EDIT: Elthas I think you forgot to add your rum bonus on your diplomacy roll above.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Rum: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Felix drinks his rum, then heads back to the quartermasters room again.

"Hey there, how is it going? Is there any chance I could get some of my stuff back? I almost got beaten the other day, and if I had my gear, I could have avoided that."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Sadly I didn't, Four Skulls. Normally have a +1. The rum bumped me up to a +2. I just am self-destructive and choose to fail rolls which will be disastrous.


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Elthas the bonus from run is in the atribute modifier not on the atribute. So the plus 3 you got would actually mean you have a total of +4 cha bonus for your rolls. I had the same doubt and asked the dm. Your diplomacy result was actually 11.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

so if i rolled a 2 on my rum check, i get +2 to CHA or add +2 to my CHA mod?


Bones Oracle 3, HP 26/26, CMD 16, AC 18 T11 F17, F +2 R +2 W +3, Init +3, Perc +4

Add +2 to you cha mod.

After dinner and way more than tipsy Four Skulls decides to pay the quartermaster a visit. Bloody spirits, why is the ship jogging so much, we must be coming through a storm!
arriving at her quarters he finds Felix already there.

By the ancestors you must be the most popular girl on this ship! he says playfull and drunk while using the wall to keep himself strait.

I have been told you are the person to talk about recovering my gear and I was hoping we could be friends. with his most sweet smile.

Evening action: Influence Quartermaster.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I'm not reading it that way, Four Skulls. We can let the DM chime in of course, but I can't think of anything that modifies an attribute's modifier rather than the attribute itself. Looking in the campaign info it says it gives a bonus to charisma.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You know what Elthas you may be right that it's just an ability modifier but the way I've been playing it all along has been just a straight + to your roll, so go ahead and do that instead.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Elthas:

Well if it’s any conciliation it probably wouldn’t have worked with Plugg, but you are the first person I’ve actually seen try to talk to plug or scourge about getting your stuff back so creativity points to you.

You find Plugg gambling on an arm wrestling match. You wait for a good while before Plugg finally sighs and turns around, ”What the hell you want lubber?”

After you ask the question Plugg’s cheeks go red and you swear there is fire in his eyes. ”Piss off! I’ll tell you what’s a benefit to the crew and to this ship not you, you get me? Now beat it before I have you beat.”

He turns and goes back to his game leaving you standing frustrated on the deck.

Sorry Elthas, no luck I’m afraid.

Felix :

Need a fort save every time you drink the rum

You find Grok and when you ask about your gear she seems a little less enthusiastic than she did about your company last night but friendly enough. ”hun, if I give you back your gear, and you use it to avoid a simple beating by slicing someone up it won’t be just the beating you’ll have to worry about it’ll be the damn keelhauling, but it’s your funeral.” She shrugs and then rummages around in a locker finding your gear and giving it back.

Just then the tall Shoanti Four Skulls walks in and diverts her attention.

Four Skulls:

Day action: Unfortunately you are too busy working the bilges to notice anything of use in the room.

Oh and bad news, you are addicted to rum after failing your fort. It is -2 to your CON Ability score until you kick the addiction which requires to saves while not on the rum...which means you keep drinking or you go through withdrawl.

You find Grok giving Felix back his equipment. But when she sees you she pauses looks at felix and then looks back at you. ”Sure hun...we can be friends, this one gave me something for his gear, what do you have to offer? How bout I give you your gear and we take this party up on the deck and drink to friendship “she says, winking at you.

Grok will give you your gear if you are willing to spend the evening drinking with her on deck.

Also because of that craazy diplomacy roll Grok is know helpful towards you...unless of coure you decide to snub her and not drink with her :-)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae:

Kroop isn't sober but he's well enough to talk when you find him below decks sitting by himself in his room staring at the wall, "oh, its you my fairy tail fish...hmm." He talks a drink of rum and sits back further on the bed inviting you to sit across from him on Groks cot.

"Well I made a deal with a devil and now I'm here with no life and no future, so why not drink m'self to death? Played ma hand made a stupid bet and found ma life wasn't my own any more. Ye know...I used to cook at one o' the finest restaurants 'n port peril. I was a chef, not a cook I mean a real chef, and a damn good un at that."

He pauses for a moment and leans towards you...

“It’s poison, this ship, but don’t let anyone hear you say it aloud. The hull listens, see, and the cap’n hears it all. Poison the Wormwood is, though, rotten to the core. You’ll not meet a more nasty, sour piece of work than Cap’n Harrigan in all your days at sea, and his crew’s the same, ’specially the first mate, Mr. Plugg. Vicious little sod, he is. He’d take his own mother’s liver to the butcher to make pies with, he would. But they leave me alone, mostly. They know I can’t ’arm ’em.”

"Bah! He takes another drink, Anyway, nuff about me, what about you fair lady? How does an amazing creature like you end up on a ship like this?"

You get the feeling that Grok thinks you are all right and that he likes you, his attitude towards you is now helpful.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Gan:

You find Grok as she comes on deck with Four Skulls and she's caryying some rum with her and some mugs. She seems to be having a good time until you ask her the question.

another one? Listen, It's not my job to make sure you are armed for battle, talk to Riaris Krine about that, she's the master and Arms and is in charge of boarding action. Besides that if you want your gear they took from you find me something good to drink, something better than this piss, or trade me or pay me....during the day. I'm off now and the quartermaster's is closed in the evenings."

151 to 200 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.