Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Hell or High Water - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


51 to 100 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae:

A tall Mwangi man with dark skin a scowl and long dreadlocks walks up to you and motions for you to follow him below deck.

You follow him back down the stairs, passed the cages in the cargo hold and into the galley.

He stops there. "Fishgut's new help, maybe you'll be able to make something tasty out of this one."

The Mwangi man turns and leaves you standing in the doorway of the galley by yourself.

The galley is filled with pots and pans, cutting blocks and any number of cooking implement. Several Chickens peck at the floor. Empty Alcohol bottles litter the tables. There are two doors, one across the room from you with a lock on leading to a room it which would be at the very stern of the ship and another door to your right.

A rather fat man stands stirring a pot of...something. He has a chefs hat and apron on, both of which have seen much better days, and neither have been washed in a long time. He has large brown side burns coming out from his hat, a wide mouth, with several teeth missing. He appears to be a human in his late forties.

A peculiar rooster sits on his shoulder.

"So they think I need a cooks mate do they? Well I guess I could use the help. Start by cutting up those fish over there. And don't you think of adding one of my chickens into the pot! Name's Ambrose, Ambrose Kroop, just call me Fishguts or Kroop your choice, I don't care."

Although he seems rough he doesn't seem to be a mean man.

Suddenly he notices that you are a a mermaid "By Besmara's bloody bounty! What in the name of Pharasma are you! You can't be a mermaid, I mean I've heard...but never thought I'd see one."

Fishguts grabs at a bottle of rum and takes a swig only to look frustrated when he realizes it's empty.

wow you're...well, well okay, Pardon me for ma staring. Well if yer stuck here might as well put you to work, start by chopping up some of those fish over there..."

Today you will be cooking with Fishguts, He'll do most of the cooking so you don't have to. See the "cooking" section in work assignment section on the campaign page for details and the daily actions section for options as to how you can work or what you can do.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix shrugs, starts fixing things, and works diligently throughout the day

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 = 26

At night, he will head to sleep, deciding to play it safe


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae begins cutting up the fish.

"I didn't quite expect so much attention, you would think that the crew is used to seeing exotic creatures. What with being pirates and all."

She will diligently work the remainder of the day. As she works she coils her tail around her on the floor so it doesn't get stepped on. If any of the chickens pecks at or around her she will flick the end of her tail at it to make it go away.


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I don't think we were giving much option, Felix, I think the first day at least we were told to swab the decks.

Also, I'm not sure what the DC is for the str/con check to avoid being fatigued when swabbing. Since both my stats are the same, if one of the DCs is lower, obviously I'd shoot for that one.

Str/Con Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As he scrubs at the deck, working throughout the day, Elthas will chat politely with Sandara, trying to learn a bit more about the rest of the crew(trying to gather all their names) and just being friendly. If she seems open to the discussion, he would talk to her some about Besmara, and that he's always felt at home on the water and that Besmara has looked out for him even if his order follows Nethys.

Bloody hell, I just realized I don't have knowledge religion. When I asked about the holy symbol I was wondering why you picked out knowledge local instead. Failing in my basic 'knowing things' duties, damn you wizards and your 2 skill points!

Not looking to really influence Sandara other than showing I'm friendly and learning who is who in the crew. At night I will try and talk to the big guy who looked like he had tar on him if he will talk at all, I don't know if he's willing or a slave or talks at all so that would be my point of interest. No extra nighttime actions since I suspect I'm fatigued anyway.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Awe crap I wish I had more skills I hope the DCs aren't to high.

I get to work on the rigging. I do my best to make a good first impression. I work diligently inspite of my hunger. I also try to take in the unique faces of those I am working with. I assume I can use the crew list to identify people.
Profession Sailor:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Constitution Could I use Fortitude if so I am at a +2 Extra1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

After work I happily accept the rum for the time being.
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 1

After the Rum I I am actually drinking rum right now, how funny begin to look for one of the lovely ladies I saw on the rigging. I start with miss Barefoot for tonight. "Hey saw you out there on the rigging. Thought I'd get to know my coworkers better. I am Gan Laccaran and you are?"
Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 If she seems responsive I continue. "So where'd you get picked up from. Sadly I got nabbed wit my guard down. Haha, goes to show I'm still a rookie when it comes to taking care of myself."
If she continues to be responsive I ask a few more questions about her to gain some harmless but generic information on her.

Oh by any chance do I happen to find Guinness anywhere? Or do I need to make a check for that?


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I forgot about the rum!

1d4 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 6

Elthas, you suave drunk bastard!

Also, since he feels comfortable trusting the 4 of you he got recruited with, he'd quietly ask if anyone could scrounge up a bit of leather or some sand, it may help a lot if there are any problems before he can get to his stuff.

Still able to edit, so getting in a fort save, bolded so it stands out

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

In the evening everyone needs to either make a stealth check to get rid of the rum or drink it. There are the benefits of Charisma, the down side of the fatigue or exhaustion, but the other roll that is important is the fort save. Rum, being an alcohol actually acts as a poison and so you need to try and make that fort save or become addicted to it.

I should have the results of your day time actions posted in the morning sometimes, as well as the next major post.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

"Cheers!" Felix says as he downs the rum

1d4 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human Magus 1; AC 11 T 10 F-f 11; HP 9/9; F +3 R +1 W +3; Init +1; Perception +0

Nicodemus quickly falls into the old rhythms of shipboard work, staying largely quiet.
[/dice]
Str 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Con 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Oh wow, this is off to a good start :P

At the end of the day Nicodemus keeps quietly to himself, although he stays near his fellow 'recruits'. He stares bitterly into the ration of rum, swallowing down a cold rage as much as he does the liquor.
Fortitude 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 6
Oh boy, screw you too, Paizo dice roller.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae will ditch the rum. She doesn't like to be kept down by drink.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Bloody pirates! I wanted to see what this life was about and this is what I get? They will pay for my chains. Quite dearly."

She then goes to bed early.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

DAY 1: Work Day

Swabs: Felix, Elthas and Nicodemus:

Swabbing the decks is hard work and the sun is hot.

Nicodemus, You only needed to make a Str or Con check, which ever you wanted, we’ll go with Str because it was the better roll this time and you get to add +4 because you worked diligently. Unfortunatly your hands are not used to such labour and by the end of the day you are tired and worn out you are fatigued for the evening

During the day Sandara comes by, she’s working as a runner and she stops briefly to chat. Before she says anything she slips two daggers into your hands as well as a two spellbooks. You recognize the first spellbook as yours.

”think these might belong to you and your mates.” She points to Elthas and Felix. ”Sorry I couldn’t get more but Grok the Quartermaster, she may be gullible but not too gullible. Just some advice, keep yer head low for the day and sail clear of that bastard Scourge and you and yer friends here, we can chat over dinner if you like. “ She tips her tricorn, hat flashes a smile and is off running a message somewhere on the ship

During the later part of the day you run into a shy little lad named Jack Scrimshaw, he’s a swab just like you and although he doesn’t strike up a conversation the young boy seems to have taken a friendly liking to you and you’re able to get his name and you find out he likes to carve scrimshaw into bones.

You have your spellbook as well as Elthas’ spellbook. You also have two daggers, both of which you don’t recognize.

Elthas: You see Sandara, the beautiful pirate with the long curly red hair chatting with Nicodemus. A moment later, before you get a chance to talk to her she leaves and as she goes she gives you a small smile and a wink. Suddenly there is a bang and a splash and a lowd cussing coming from behind you ”%$#&ing bucket and *&%$ing mops everywhere. @#$%!

A short Halfling woman, with brown hair, a small handaxe in her belt and a scarf around her neck is getting up off the ground half soaked by your bucket. You remember her as one of the four other new “recruits” from this morning.

”Sorry about yer damn bucket mate, was chasing a rat and it came through here.” Before you can say anything she gets up and takes off running when she see the rat again, this time pulling out her fancy handaxe and cussing a stream of profanity as she takes off after the rodent.

Your work day is tough but you manage to get done the day without being overcome by exhaustion because I’m assuming that if you didn’t try to influence you then worked diligently so you can add a +4 to your work roll.

Felix: You need to do a CON or STR check and let me know how you are going to work today, you need to swab the deck.
During the later part of the day you end up swabbing the fore deck with an ugly little Halfling male who calls himself Ratline, but it seems like most people call him “Rattsberger.” He does have a nose similar to that of a rat. He’s not an unpleasant fellow but he doesn’t engage in too much talk.

His need to sing a sea shanty while he works starts to grate on you a bit by the later afternoon but over all you work well together. You don’t have enough time to engage him to much in conversation because you are trying to work hard.

Rigger: Gan:

Hoisting the sails up and down is hard work but you get it done and you get it done without any complaints from Mr. Plugg or the crew. Your Con roll was good enough to avoid fatigue

Cooks mate: Sabinae:

”Well I aint seen yer type before ma self. Mind you I hardly get up on deck so maybe yer kind are all over the ocean and I’m just missing it down here in this damn hole. He laughs a bit to himself and then sighs.

You actually don’t need to make a roll today for your work which means you could do something like try and influence kroop without worrying about failing at your job today.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Sorry, thought we could do anything on the list of things

Working diligently, Felix swabs the deck

Str: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

”You don't seem like the others. Tell me, how did you come to be aboard the Wormwood?” she asks while sidling up beside him.

How organized is the galley? And does she still have the chains on? If so, how hard is it for her to move around?

Sorry for so many questions. Looking over the posts gave me some ideas.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay so I won't be able post right now, packing for the weekend. I'll be away all weekend but I'm assuming i'll have internet so I'm hopefull that I'll continue to post. I think I'll end up posting this evening sometime.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Anything from my conversation with miss Barefoot or are we suppose to keep days and evenings on separate posts? Also, are we getting paid? You posted the option to shop, what are we shopping with? Points or coin?"


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Thanks for the heads up! Look forward to more soon!


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

I'll deal with day and night in separate posts. What I'm thinking is becuase it can get a bit confusing i'll just have everyone post day actions and then I'll respond then I'll have you post night actions etc. Might keep things more coherent. Wanted to try that other method but it didn't work as well as I thought it would :)

As for your convo with miss Barefoot that's an evening action so I'll deal with it after the bloody hour. As for money...need to find some or talk to someone at this point. Might be a good question to ask a crew member about how you get paid or get money :)

Sabinae:

Do you want to try and look around the galley (sneak Option) and see what's there or do you want to spend your time influencing fishguts? Perception if you want to "sneak" around the galley, essentially take a look around. Or Diplomacy roll if you want to influence Kroop. Check out the daytime actions for descriptions of your options. I'll try and clarify a bit on that page when I have the time.

do I keep getting back on here to post lol, okay I need to get a move on and pack! :)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae:
The weight is still affixed to your tail and it is causing you to be heavily encumbered right now so +1 Max Dex, -6 Check Penalty. and I believe your on land movement is at 10ft down from 15.

The cannon ball and chain essentially are acting like manacles on your tail requiring an escape artist check of DC 30, or they can be broken like normal manacles, but they also have that increased weight restriction.

As for the Galley its self it's in quite a lot of disarray but Kroop's seems to know where things are.

You just need to let me know if you want to spend the day rooting around the galley or to try and influence Kroop. Perception or Diplomacy rolls would apply.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

I will spend my time talking with Fishguts for now. Looking around will come later. I will repost what I said earlier to make the post more coherent.

Daytime action
She will spend the remainder of the day talking to Kroop.

”You don't seem like the others. Tell me, how did you come to be aboard the Wormwood?” she asks while sidling up beside him.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Evening action
Sabinae will ditch the rum. She doesn't like to be kept down by drink.

Reposting an earlier roll Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19.

"Bloody pirates! I wanted to see what this life was about and this is what I get? They will pay dearly for my chains." she thinks as she ditches the rum.

She then goes to bed early.

Is this how you want our posts to look like? I am trying to get the feel for this.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

This event takes place after your daily action and before dinner and your rum rations. This means Sabinae that you can just respond with your day action and I'll deal with that separately, it won't change what comes next.

DAY 1: KEELHAULING OF JACKES MAGPIE

The day’s work comes to a close and the crew gather’s for “bloody hour”, you are told by a few of the crew that this is the time when punishment is given out for working poorly or slacking off during the day, among other things.

Several pirates escort two men up on deck and bring them in front of Plugg and Scourge.

The first man, in red and white pants and a brown vest looks distraught and scared. The Second Man has a bag over his head.

Mr. Plugg walks up to the second man and yanks hard, pulling it off. It is a Shoanti man, a rare site in these parts and rarer still to see one at sea.

"This one's a new recruit as well! But he gave us a bit more trouble than the rest so he spent some time in the bilges with Jakes here. Apparently Maheem thought this one was out cold but when he went to grab him he took a wild swing and almost knocked out Maheem's teeth, didn't he Maheem? Mr. Plugg Laughs.

Maheem, the tall Mwangi man with dreads gives a snarl.

"Well you're aboard the Wormwood now and you'll learn your place, I'm Mr. Plugg and this is Master Scourge, give us any trouble and you'll be the one up here tied fast and ready for punishment you get me! You'll be workin for Plugg as a Swab and these other new swabs can teach you the ropes, besides I think you know yer place aboard a ship don't you! Mr. Plugg looks at the Shoanti Man smugly.

They Unbind the Shoanti man and shove him back into line with the rest of you.

As for the first man Plugg and Scourge interrogate him in front of the crew.

You figure out from some of the crew that the man’s name is Jakes Magpie and he’s up for keelhauling after he was caught stealing from the qaurtermaster’s stores.

After a short interrogation you hear him admit his guilt and he’s tied to two ropes and abruptly pushed off the front of the ship.

Master Scourge and Mr. Plugg then take a rope each, one on the port, one on the starboard and they begin to move down either side of the ship. They walk the length of the ship and you guess that what is going on his poor jakes is being dragged across the keel of the ship under water.

DC 15 Perception:

You notice the particular relish with which Plugg carries out this punishment.

When Scourge and Plugg finally get to the other end of the ship they haul Jakes back aboard. He’s clearly succumbed to his wounds and what is dragged back aboard the ship is a tattered mess of flesh.

”This is what happens to those that steal anything aboard the Wromwood. Let this be a lesson to all our new recruits."

Some of the pirates laugh or jeer, other pirates remain silent and sombre.

Please welcome Four Skulls to the crew, a Shoanti oracle. I included him because I feel like in the long run he'll be very useful to your group. You are each free to take a full round of actions in response to the keelhauling of Jakes, even Four Skulls, I will give you each some time to post before moving on. My next post will be dinner time on the ship and those of you who want to ask Sandara some questions will be free to.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae will explore the galley when she gets a chance.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

When called out on deck to watch the punishment:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sabinae that's fine for posts but what I think I'm going to do is start just asking you to do day in one post, then I'll resolve them, then night in another, then resolve that. I had hopped it would save time to do both but I think it's just too confuisng. Maybe I'll include and example of how I might post a night post in a spoiler here so it might help. This isn't a "must" just how I might do it.

example post:

For Ajani's evening action she'll try and influence Maheem

Ajani eats her dinner and then downs her Rum, she's tired from the day already and feels even more exhausted after the rum.

Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 6 +(Fatigued from work) = exhausted
Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

After she wanders the deck looking for Maheem, if she finds him she'll start a conversation, asking him about where he's from and how he got on board the ship. She starts to talk to him in Polyglot I noticed you are from Mwangi, what tribe are you from? If he's willing to talk she'll ask him how she can get on Scourge's good side.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

After the conversation she'll go to bed because she's too tired to try and do anything during the night watch.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

I will keep this in mind for future posts. Do you want me to redo any of my current posts? If not I will format them differently from here on out.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I merely watch the proceedings of the Keelhauling with interest. It is definately and intimidating way to keep people in line but every person killed on this ship is one more job someone else has to make up for. If the man was going to risk his life to steal stuff, he should have at least attempted to stash some goods or stockpile something. Maybe he did. I'll have to spend sometime looking around later.

Gan would likely want to talk to Sandara if the opportunity should arise. He always enjoys conversing with lovely ladies.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
A kneehauling?! And they call my people barbarians! Bastards, you will never see my blade piecing your backs.
The shoanti seems intimidated by the brutal punishment, but also angered. He meekly agree with the commands given to him.
Aye, sir.

Should I do a days actions post too or only night?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Just the evening actions Four skulls.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sandara is eating her dinner, drinking her rum and puffing on a pipe, when she sees your group she waves you over. ”Welcome aboard the Wormwood! She laughs a bit at that. ”I suppose you have questions, well I might have a few answers but I’ve only been on a few days longer than you but I’ll do my best.”

You are all free to converse with Sandara and each other over supper. I would recommend you take the opportunity to ask questions or introduce yourselfs to one another a little more.


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

I sent you a PM last night Faol. Just a reminder in case you missed my comment from the discussion thread.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I will approach Sandara. "Nice to see a pretty face on this ship. A vast improvement to my last time at sea. So, Sandara was it? How did you end up on a ship like this. By choice or the same way we did?"


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Seeing someone keelhauled is a bit distractin!

Elthas stays quiet through the proceedings, simply taking in how such punishments are dolled out on board, his lip curled a bit.

After the rum is passed out and things are more quiet, he sees that Gan appears to have cornered the cleric so Elthas moves to sit with the new arrival that night. "Another of the press ganged, hm? Hold up alright from the bilges?"


Male Human Magus 1; AC 11 T 10 F-f 11; HP 9/9; F +3 R +1 W +3; Init +1; Perception +0

Although exhausted from the day's labors, Nicodemus feels revitalized, the familiar weight of his spellbook in his inner shirt a comforting one. Unfazed by the punishment received by Jakes Magpie, he silently accepts his rum ration and makes his way towards Elthas, Sandara, and Gan.
Nicodemus smiles to Sandara, warmth briefly crossing his face "I'm indebted to you again, Sandara, as are we all." He gives a slight bow, precise and polite "Nicodemus."


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

Sabinae moves over to the group to see what is happening.

"I'm Sabinae. Whose head do I have to bash in to get these chains removed? They are more than just an annoyance." she says irritably.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

Felix walks over, rum in hand "hello everyone. the name is Felix"


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Seeing the group crowding around suddenly I realize it won't be easy to get some alone time with the lovely lady. I shrug and decide to socialize with the newcomers also. "Gan Laccaran at your service. My hobbies are ships, guns, and women. Not in that particular order but I am sure you get the idea. But enough about me." I look back to Sandara. "I want to know more about you."


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

The shoanti answer the other newcomer while carefully feeling the lumb on the back of his head with one hand.
I will live...I guess.
What bugs me is that they could have asked.
Nobody goes to Port Peril for the sightseeing, I was looking for a job.
They could have asked.
Then again, what could one expect from lowlanders.

He then notices the mermaid and cant help but to stare at her tail in amazement.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Evening actions:

After finishing dinner with his comades Four skulls will find himself a hammock and go to bed, somewhere along the way he will discretely dispose himself of his run. His head and body still hurt from yesterday's beating and he just wants this day to be over.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Evening action: Sleep


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sandara says to Gan ”Ah a flatterer I see” She gives a small laugh, “As to whether this was my choice, little of both I suppose, it’s my choice to be a pirate but it wasn’t my choice to get on board this particular ship, but it’s probably Besmara’s will after all.” She smiles and takes a long puff on her pipe.

After Nicodemus bows, ”Well this is a contrast, Nicodemus nice to meet you, and it was my pleasure to help you back on yer feet, I figure do a good turn for as many as I can and the more people there will be who be willing to do a good turn for me. Might be a good idea for you lot to remember as well. Pirates can be as loyal as they come or slippery and vicious. Best to get as many folk on your side as you can in my opinion.”

Sabinae steps into the group.

”Well now there is a sight not often seen, a real live mermaid. Saw one of yer kind before, back in Hell Harbour where I’m from...I have to say though it wasn’t a pretty sight. Mermaid caught in a net by accident said the Gurner brothers, not sure if I believe those two who made that claim. Father was a fisherman as well and he never liked nor trusted the Gurner’s much. Claimed it was an accident but they paraded the thing...sorry, the mer around like she was a trophy. Made me sick I must say...anyway. As to those chains, well I can’t say I blame you for wanting em off, and I’d help ye if I could, Besmara being a goddess of freedom and all I hate seeing any creature tied down against their will. Maybe one oh yer companions her might be able to help but I’m not sure .”

Felix join the rest of you in the group.

Gan asks about Sandara and she’s happy to describe how she grew up in Hell Harbour, became a follower of Besmara after her father was lost at sea and she prayed to the goddess of piracy and the sea and her father came home to her. She decided to take off on her own after a time, and after her father died recently, and sea the ocean. She’d always dreamt of joining a crew but agrees with Four Skulls, she would have preferred to have been asked, besides she says that she would have been happy to join the crew of a free captain as infamous as Barnabas Harrigan.

After this Sandara will stay for a time and answer any more questions you might have over dinner and then she'll head off to bed.

I'm going to post results for night actions in a bit here, but you are welcome to ask any more questions of Sandara you like or carry on conversations with each other as well.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Later in the evening during your leisure time....

Gan:

”Samms. Joined the crew two weeks ago. Was a fisherwoman before this so I know my way around a small ship but, was a rough life fishing but even tougher here.”

You find out she was originally from the Sodden lands but was looking for more out of life and ended up here on the ship. A particular thing you notice is she goes barefooted all the time, she wears no shoes and has no desire to wear any. Over all your conversation goes very well and she takes kindly to the interest. You feel like she’d be open to more of your attention in the future. She isn’t the most beautiful woman you’ve ever seen but she’s defiantly on the pretty side for a pirate and a fisherwoman.

Sabinae Day Action:

You open up a conversation with fishguts but for whatever reason you’re not sure what you said but the conversation takes a turn for the worse and it doesn’t seem to end on a good note. He doesn’t seem angry with you but maybe he’ll be more willing to talk again tomorrow. This is due to the low diplomacy roll.

You spent your evening action sneaking in the kitchen. The idea is that you can do one day action, one evening action during leisure time and then you can go to bed and recover fully. You don’t need t sleep right after your day action. If you do you are missing out on huge opportunities to find things, or interact with the crew. The only reason I would go to bed early is if for whatever reason you were fatigued or exhausted. Since you’ve wanted to do the perception roll anyway I’m just going to turn that into your evening action.

Sabinae Night Action:

After feeding people dinner and collecting up the dirty dishes you head back down to the kitchen. Fishguts isn’t there so you take a few minutes to look around.

The kitchen is a madness of dirt, food, and knives, and finding anything in here requires a Perception check. The stoves are perpetually lit, and large cauldrons bubble away atop them all times. A huge array of spices mingle with barrels of rainwater, two tuns of rum, cupboards full of ship’s biscuit and salted beef, barrels of sauerkraut, and a small supply of fresh vegetables picked up in Port Peril.

Something catches your eye, its actually a short sword being hidden amongst the cutlery under a potted pan. It doesn’t appear to be used regularly s you figure nobody would notice if you took it. You now have a short sword

Elthas:
I need a roll in your attempt to change the big guys attitude You find the big man from earlier. He is chained near some stairs and appears to be guarding them. As you approach he stands up from his spot and growls at your approach.

Nicodemus, I’m not sure you selected a night action. You can do so now or I’ll assume you just went to sleep after your first day.

Just a note on influence attempts, you are also able t use bluff and intimidate in your attempt to influence people, it’s a pirate ship so lies and intimidation might also win peoples respect and fear.

Four Skulls:

You narrowly ditch your rum over the side of the ship before Scourge turns your way. He glares a bit but then moves on.

After the evening conversations you head to the lower deck and find a spot for your hammock.

After you are all done your evening activities you all head down to the lower deck at different times, you notice a few of the crew have their hammocks up near the stairs, two in particular a male gnome, Patch Patchsalt the boatswain's mate and a human male, Kipper the gunner's mate seem to have stacked this prime location as theirs.

You all find places to string your hammocks up in the back of the hold and you are each given a small locker around the wall with a key, not that you have any gear to stow there yet. The rocking of the ocean soon puts you all to sleep.


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

Should we move on to day 2 or you got something special for us in the morning. I think I might try and befriend the gunner next as he and I share some common interests. Let's just hope he's not one of the bigots on this ship and is open to conversing with us lesser fellows. Shoulda put some points in diplomacy, too late now.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

I'm just going to wait till morning to give Nicodemus a chance to post an action or not and then I'll move us forward to day two.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

During their meal Four Skulls will take advantage of the relaxed mood to ask the cleric a couple of questions.

Tell me something Sandara, with his best friendly smile. Since you are our senior and all maybe you could clarify some doubts that have been nagging on my head.
I hear a lot about our duties here on the ship but how much are this fine crew going to pay us for it?
And what do you know about Captain Harrigan? Why is he so famous?

Knowledge Local the Wormwood and his captain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human Magus 1; AC 11 T 10 F-f 11; HP 9/9; F +3 R +1 W +3; Init +1; Perception +0

Nicodemus smiles once more, though a cold glint flashes in his eyes "I no sooner forget my friends than forgive my enemies Sandara. I would be honored to count you among the former."
He listens attentively to her stories of her life in the Shackles, asking the occasional question as he slowly drinks his rum, always keeping an eye on the activity of the rest of the crew.

I think that rest would be Nicodemus' best bet, after his debacles of the day ;)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Four Skulls, you've heard the name Barrnabas Harrigan before but you don't exactly recall much other than he is a pretty well known and fierce Free Captain of the shackles.

"He's had a good career, from what I've heard. Known for being a pirates pirate I hear. Sticks pretty close to the code, fights hard and takes a lot of ships. Heard he disappeared a while back though, lost his ship to the Chelish Navy, but he got away." Sandara says.

"And as for pay, just like any pirate ship pay comes with the capture of a ship, good pay usually as well."

At Nicodemus comment she smiles and nods, handing him her pipe to take a turn at it.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

DAY 2: MORNING CALL TO WORK

The bell tolls the start of another day and pirates all about you are getting up and heading upstairs. You can hear some grumbling and other’s complaining about headaches after getting extra rum last night but they all seem eager to get up on deck. You figure it’s probably in your best interest to head up as well.

All of you found a place to sleep in the back of the hold so you are the last to make your way through the lower hold to the stairs. You are met by five pirates near the bottom of the steps.

Fipps Chumlett, a very fat man with sweaty tanned skin and no shirt.
Aretta Benson, an odd looking woman with big wide ears and a few missing teeth.
Syl Lonegan, known as slippery syl, a beautiful young woman with long dark hair and a murderous look in her eyes all the time.
Tam “Narwhal” A surly dwarf with long white hair and beard and a long nose.
Jaundiced Jape, a half-orc with no tongue and a cruel demeanour.

They stand between you and the stairs. Fipps, in a deep voice says ”Go’n some place? as he shoves Nicodemus in the chest. The other’s laugh.

Some other pirates at the top of the stairs stop when they hear Fipps and watch from the stairwell above.

You can all take a round of actions.


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

Workin' I suppose.
Looking down on the fatman the shoanti give him his best cold smile.
Not very smart to start the day displeasing the bosses...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Wizard 1, HP 7/7, NLHP 0/7, AC 11, Touch 11, Flat 11, F +1, R +1, W +3, Init +2, Perc +2

I'm sorry for having been a bit slow the last couple days, had an emergency that pulled me briefly out of town and made it tough to post. I'm back now.

Also, Nico, Sandara gave you the spellbooks, did you return mine to me?

When interrupted by the new group, Elthas lightly sucks his teeth as he sizes them up, trying to spot the weak link. All of them look rough, but Fipps almost looks like the other's backing him up is what he's leaning on.

He lightly touches Nico's shoulder in a silent show of support while nodding at Four Skulls and adding his own words, never taking his eyes off the fat pirate. "Indeed. Cap'in doesn't wan't any dead, but how do you think he'll feel when you show up with a broken arm because you wanted to haze the new folk? You may think your crew can jump us and walk away, but we'll make damn sure you personally get the lash each bloody hour for not being able to keep up."

Intimidate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

DM:
Diplomacy roll from the night before. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Status:
HP 8 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +0 | R +5 | W +4 | Init +3 | Per +7

"If you don't move I will slice you so you will never walk again." she says threateningly.

Sabinae has not brandished the sword yet

Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Human Gunslinger(Buccaneer) -2 HP = 17/17 NLHP 0/17 AC 17 Touch 13 Flat 14 F +3 R +6 W +3 In +3 Per +6

I sit up in bed and yawn. I take a bit longer to get up but definitely in time to see the stairs blocked. I roll my eyes. "Things are worse than I thought. Piss poor leadership I say. This is going to get ugly." I look around. Is it just PC characters in here? I glare in the direction of the stair people. "If I join the folks I was brought in with we will out number these guys but if I get involved I will suffer punishment and that Plugg guy might just pin the blame on us also. I'll wait and see what unfolds." I stay back and watch trying not to get involved if I can help it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter(Lore Warden) 1 (HP 12, AC 12/12/10, CMD 14, Init+1, F +4 R +1 W +2, Perc. +7

hmm, do they have any weapons on them?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Bones Oracle 1, HP 18/18, CMD 15, AC 17 T11 F16, F +1 R +1 W +3, Init +3, Perc +0

The mermaid means business. The shoanti thinks while intimidated by her fierceness. Better watch my tongue around that one.

Suddenly a different thought occur to him. Are my fellow pres-ganged sailors armed? If so where did they got them from?...

51 to 100 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell or High Water - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.