Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Helio's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Helio


351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

Nedyr says, "Let's take it slow." and takes the lead in moving very slowly indeed. His sickle glowing with his light spell.

I could be wrong, but I think Nedyr has the best perception score.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Dungeon Master 1 / Procrastinator 20

Nedyr leads the way through the chamber slowly, carefully stopping before each step to determine where the next trap may lie. The going is slow, and Edvard is very visibly bored by the procedure, but the group successfully makes it to the far door. The howling wail is most certainly from somewhere beyond - but the door is locked.

In your search, you found another two of those strange switches as well.

Map


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"Ed, do you think we can break down that door?"


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

Wait! Maybe the door is somehow connected to the switches!

Délia runs to pull down both of the switches, taking care not to step on any traps.


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

"let's hope it works alright..." he says nervously as the switches are pulled.


Human Male Human Fighter 1 ( Shielded Fighter ), +2 Initiative, +0 Perception, AC 18 / Touch AC 12 / Flat Footed AC16, Saves F+5/ R +2 / W +0 HP:07/13

Edvard had bumbled forward like a puppet to where the door stood. Giving a big smile and prep, he charged the door.

"Huh huh huhhh!!!!!!!

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Human Dungeon Master 1 / Procrastinator 20

As Edvard pressed against the door with all of his might, Delia quickly ran around the room pulling each of the levers. As quickly as she pulled them, however, the ancient spring mechanisms within each creaked to life, returning the levers to their resting positions within moments. By the time Delia got to the original switch again, the other two had already returned to the "off" position (or, at least, what was assumed to be the off position).

Meanwhile, the door shrugs off Edvard's feeble attempts to force it open.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"Well, do we try the levers again, or do we bust the door down?"


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

"Let's try them again, but at the same time now. Somebody pull those other levers in three... two... one..."


Human Male Human Fighter 1 ( Shielded Fighter ), +2 Initiative, +0 Perception, AC 18 / Touch AC 12 / Flat Footed AC16, Saves F+5/ R +2 / W +0 HP:07/13

LEVER!!!! belted Edvard as he switched from being door knocker to lever monkey.

Catching the device just in time for Délia's interaction with the device, Ed had pulled down - in synchronization.


Male Human Witch 1

"Uh wait... okay, I got it!
Sevrin scrambles to pull a lever in time with Delia's countdown without blundering into a trap.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"Ned. Please remind me why it's a bad thing to beat people within an inch of their life."

Elaina stays near the door and readies herself for whatever is on the other side.

She is ten feet from the door and has her glaive in hand.


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)
Elaina Tirel wrote:

"Ned. Please remind me why it's a bad thing to beat people within an inch of their life."

Elaina stays near the door and readies herself for whatever is on the other side.

She is ten feet from the door and has her glaive in hand.

"I only have so much healing magic," Nedyr explains without missing a beat.


Male Human Dungeon Master 1 / Procrastinator 20

As the three levers are pulled in synchronization, the grating of metal can be heard from within the door. With a loud click, the mechanism locks into place, and the door slides ajar slightly. The adventurers' light dimly filters through the crack, but it is impossible to tell what lies beyond. Fortunately, the three levers stay pulled - so you shouldn't have to deal with this lock again.


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

"Solved it!" Délia shouts thriumphantly, then looks at the better armored and armed members of the group. "After you, gentlemen."


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"Watch your flanks, we don't know what's in there."

Elaina holds her position at the door while trying to see if anything dangerous was about to come out.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7 Would somebody who can see please check the room beyond before Ed charges in again.


Human Male Human Fighter 1 ( Shielded Fighter ), +2 Initiative, +0 Perception, AC 18 / Touch AC 12 / Flat Footed AC16, Saves F+5/ R +2 / W +0 HP:07/13

Edvard wasn't much for taking small steps in life. He felt that any sort of hesitation led towards indecision - a big indicator of low self esteem. Whatever was inside the dungeon would have to deal with him - and he was never alone.

"We are a pact...a pact of wolves. started Edvard as he looked about his teammates while they engaged the current situation.

"Look at us - we're no different than Kassen in his day - mind you, he didn't have a mighty but undead scared baby sister. ha! But, time to meet destiny head on! jeered the Tirel troublemaker as he stands within the doorway.

Looking upon the engulfing darkness, Edvard issues out a challenge.

"COME FORTH YOU RAPSCALLION. COME FACE THE MIGHT OF THE TIRELS!!!" belted Edvard, as the darkness accepted his plea.

Intimidate, 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

"Well, I'm sure who ever is out there, if anyone, heard that." Nedyr observes.


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

"Ed, you're kind of in the way."

Délia stands on her toes and tries to catch a glimpse from above Ed's shoulder, but to no avail.

"I think it would be the best if I go first. I'll at least be able to see if there's something to run away from."

She squeezes past Ed and Elaina and starts walking slowly and carefully into the room or hallway that is past the recently-opened door, mace in hand.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Human Witch 1

Sevrin shields his light-pebble so as not to spoil Delia's night vision and waits nervously for a few heartbeats, listening for the sounds of Delia being devoured. If none are forthcoming, he'll still let Edvard go first.


Male Human Dungeon Master 1 / Procrastinator 20

Beyond the doorway is a narrow and dusty hallway - to the right, it leads off to a turn in about ten or fifteen feet down the corridor. On the left, Delia peeks around the corner and sees a doorway at the far end of the hall, maybe thirty feet away. Based on the volume of the wailing, one can only assume it's coming from behind that doorway.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

Elaina steps up behind Delia, trying to breath as little as she can.


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

Nedyr can't help but be curious, "What do you see?"


Male Human Witch 1

With Delia apparently uneaten Sevrin slowly unshields his light and joins her in looking around.

"There's a door down here that I really don't want to open, but I suppose the rest of you do."


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

"Let's hope that we can open this one without any silly lever games."

She walks at the door and tries to pull it open.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"Right behind you."

Elaina gets ready to rush in as soon as the door's open.


Male Human Dungeon Master 1 / Procrastinator 20

Delia's initial efforts to open the door fail miserably. Oh, okay. It's a push door.

The door seems to be stuck - it's difficult to tell whether its simply locked or has been barricaded shut. You do, however, notice several old and cracked bones strewn across the corridor in your attempts to open it. Additionally, the moaning coming from the far side of the door suddenly stops in response. Only an eerie silence lays across the crypt.


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

"that's...something. Edvard, you're always willing to rush in where things Celestial fear to tread, care to give the door a hard shove?"


Human Male Human Fighter 1 ( Shielded Fighter ), +2 Initiative, +0 Perception, AC 18 / Touch AC 12 / Flat Footed AC16, Saves F+5/ R +2 / W +0 HP:07/13

"I was waiting for this moment..." intoned Edvard as he began to rev up energy.

Hefting his body weight behind a wooden shield aimed at the door, Edvard tightened up while making growling noises. His salivation dripped on the floor, filling the air with a dripping sound.

"One...two...AIIEEEEEEE!!!!!" he screamed while charging towards the door.

And in that moment, Edvard had put everything he had.

For House Tirel.

strength check1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

Elaina managed to pull herself and Delia out of the way.

just barely, though.


Female Half-Orc Warpriest 3 HP: 23/23 Init: +1 AC: 19 (T: 12, FF 17) Saves: F: +4 R: +2 W: +5 Blessings: 3/4

"Phew... Thanks, Elaina" Délia gratefully thanks her rescuer.


Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Ranger 2 (HP: 22/22 | AC: 17/13/14 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +1 | Per: +8 Init: +3 | Arr.:36)

"I've been on the receiving end. I'm not eager to relive the experience." Elaina just points to the door that Ed just rammed.


Male Elf (Hit Points: 14/14) Witch-2 (Moon Patron)

Nedyr winces a bit, hoping Ed didn't hurt himself on the door

351 to 383 of 383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Helio's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.