Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread

Game Master Heathansson


1,401 to 1,450 of 19,690 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Ian Ziering. That's him.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

Dawson's Creek? Beverly Hills 90210? Man, I hate this guy already.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Good; I'm doing my job.


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

Elgan relaxes visibly as the other group leaves.

"Man, Jes' whin yeh t'ought dat t'ings could'n git no nuttieh,..." The slight elf shakes his head.

Just waiting until I see something that Elgan would react directly too. He's kinda back to his 'soaking it all up' vibe now, seeing how you crazy non-dreadwooders relate and all,... ;)


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

"You got that right. Man, what a strange, strange place this is..."

BTW, I just changed Altai's avatar. Thought it was time for a haircut.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right on....I need one IRL.
He looks like a Dio fan. ;)


Male Human Rogue 14

“So do – whoa Alai, don’t look at me like that man. Freak me out.”

“Anyway, does anyone know what blondie’s problem was? Riese, did you steal his boyfriend or something?”


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

"Who the hell knows? I get the Olman hard man; furthermore, he's probably pretty tough - anyone who gives himself the appellation 'the dangerous one' probably needs to show his mettle all the time. Goldilocks, on the other hand..." Altai shakes his head. "It seems like the Hellwind used to be Sencho's boat. Perhaps he had promised Goldilocks a captainship if he could recover the Hellwind - and then we beat him to it?"

"Of course, he could just be a major jackass with a bad attitude. Pip, could you hit the drinking-holes around here and ask around a bit? Bring Oso and Gittik with you, in case anyone gives you any trouble."


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

"Pip, you let me pick the Inn, the last one you chose had too many halfling waitresses in pink and green. Put me off my whisky."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

There's really not so much an inn here, or any going concerns; it's more like the entire place is one big bottle club. You find a warehouse, though, which seems like neutral turf; multiple folks conglomerating around open casks of something potable.
There's goblins, humans; a dwarf or two. There's a man with a squeezebox, a half-elf with a fiddle, and a mongrelman with some bongo drums trying to have a jam session; maybe 20 people milling a bout; playing cards...throwing knives at targets...


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

what sort of targets?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Like arrow targets with concentric circles; bullseye in the middle; that sort of thing.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Oso; Pip; bear with me cos I'm pulling this out of my ass as I go...
Oso hears somebody hooting like a hootowl; nobody's looking at him when he looks around; though a few peep's are snickering here and there.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

just to let you guys know; I'm on call tonite thru Sunday, and I'm allready called in tonite for 5 more hours prolly; I'll catch you cats on the flipside cos in 5 hours I ain't gonna be worth a sheeeat.


Male Human Paragon 3 /Evoker 6 (abjuration&enchantment barred) ---37,300XP
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
just to let you guys know; I'm on call tonite thru Sunday, and I'm allready called in tonite for 5 more hours prolly; I'll catch you cats on the flipside cos in 5 hours I ain't gonna be worth a sheeeat.

Cool. I've been avoiding the boards more and more lately with all the vitriol being tossed about. I am trying not to get drug into it but when certain people are posting their smug-arsed crap I just about have to gnaw off my fingers to not stoop to their level... If I am holding stuff up just feel free to DMPC me for a bit.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
Riese wrote:
Cool. I've been avoiding the boards more and more lately with all the vitriol being tossed about. I am trying not to get drug into it but when certain people are posting their smug-arsed crap I just about have to gnaw off my fingers to not stoop to their level... If I am holding stuff up just feel free to DMPC me for a bit.

Where's this? I'm only really looking at the PbPs lately, but it seems like I haven't missed much. Or have I?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

here and there; I reckon the pdf thread; I'm not sure anymore...
s'cool fakey, I'm kinda dillying around until I get some more build time, and until everybody levels up, and Aubrey's been gone a week, so gotta wait for him to level anyhow's before the next big brouhaha. Plus I just worked from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm with a lunchbreak and an hour to drive between jobs, so I'm pretty useless at the moment.


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

My wife is working most of Easter anyway so taking it slow is good for me.

Oso buys a few drinks for him and the halfling. Rum each with a rum chaser on the side.

Then while his Main Man gets to work, Oso tries to blend in by going over to the target practice. He makes sure he is never more than about 50 feet from Pip while he learns the ropes.


Bard 8/ Troubadour of Stars 9 Epic Shredder

I am kinda pressed for time this weekend too, so easy is good.

Pip sticks close to Oso, and tries to figure out who is playing hootyowl games


M Halfling Barbarian 10
Altai Iscarni wrote:

"YAAAAAHHH!" *chop*slice*bite*rend*destroy*

Full attack on the pigbugtaur by Gittik - that's four weapon attacks and a bite. Scimitar attacks hit ACs 22 and 16, doing 9+5 cold=14 and 8+4 cold=12 points of damage, respectively. Kukri attacks hit ACs 24 and 19, doing 5+6 electricity=11 and 4+2 electricity=6 points of damage. Finally, his bite attack hits AC 21, doing 6 points of damage.

Why don't I ever roll like this? Back on Sunday.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Pendobar 'Pip' Bushytoe wrote:

I am kinda pressed for time this weekend too, so easy is good.

Pip sticks close to Oso, and tries to figure out who is playing hootyowl games

you might soon; I have to build their stats if I run with it. I'm kinda wasted from last night.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

does anybody still have to level up?


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
Gittik wrote:
Why don't I ever roll like this? Back on Sunday.

The attack rolls were nothing special, mostly 10-12 - Gittik has some really good attack bonuses. Good damage output, though - also, the pigbugtaur had pretty low AC.

Again, the itty-bitty halfling and the fat drunk are far, far tougher than they look, as are Oso and Riese. This party dishes out an enormous amount of damage when properly focussed.


Male Human Paragon 3 /Evoker 6 (abjuration&enchantment barred) ---37,300XP
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
does anybody still have to level up?

Done. Took the Evoker variant from SRD that allows me to sub-out the energy a spell does once a day to any other energy type. I did that so I could throw a lightning bolt that is actually fire. Fire! Fire! Fire!! Riese is a monster with hit points also, he has consistantly rolled high and with his +3 from con he is at 60hp right now. 4th level spells- Flame shield (surprised?) and Bright Worms from PHB2 (fill an area 20' radius with fiery worms that attack only foes). I forgot about some equipment Riese has also that I should've been using. He has a wand of MM (3 missiles) that he has never used.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right on; looks like Gittik, Pip, Elgan and Stiggy are all that's left to level; no big hurry.....it's Easter, people are gone/busy, I'm on call, I need to build statblocks, and everybody's getting sick at my house, so all these things seem to point to there being no big hurry.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
Riese wrote:
Fire! Fire! Fire!!

Did you take that feat that lets you fry enemies who are immune to fire? That's just nasty...

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
right on; looks like Gittik, Pip, Elgan and Stiggy are all that's left to level; no big hurry.....it's Easter, people are gone/busy, I'm on call, I need to build statblocks, and everybody's getting sick at my house, so all these things seem to point to there being no big hurry.

I'll get Pip squared this weekend. My Inspire Courage goes to +2! YAY!


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

That's cool. Jayzus! That avatar's freaky!

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
That's cool. Jayzus! That avatar's freaky!

LOL: It's >change your avatar weekend<

Qadira

But I like this avatar! and Riese has more hits than Oso. I had a psychic warrior in Dreamweavers game that had 25 hit points at first level thanks to one psionic ability. Never got to show it off though.

Oso chats to the barman about the weather and quality of beer, what food there is and why matey boy is called dangerous.

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
French Wolf wrote:

But I like this avatar!

'Tis merely temporary. I likes me monkeys ..


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
French Wolf wrote:

But I like this avatar! and Riese has more hits than Oso. I had a psychic warrior in Dreamweavers game that had 25 hit points at first level thanks to one psionic ability. Never got to show it off though.

Oso chats to the barman about the weather and quality of beer, what food there is and why matey boy is called dangerous.

He's a big grey haired beerbellied feller with a peg leg and an eyepatch...

"Aye th' wither....I kin feel a horricayne is abbrewin'. I can feel that in m' knuckleboons."
He shows you his arthritic fingers.
"Hey get t' feelin porely and swolling op winna horricain's brewin."

"Hex Chun Chan...he's a master of th' sword. O' th' blade. Is said he could cut doon a hundrid men with a letter oopiner. Anyone Sencho says dies, Hex Chun Chan makes dead. Anyone says Sencho dies,.....Hex Chun Chan makes dead."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

"Stay clear o' Hex Chun Chan. Iyya value your capitated state o being."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Patrick Curtin wrote:
French Wolf wrote:

But I like this avatar!

'Tis merely temporary. I likes me monkeys ..

Just curious; why the monkey love?


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

"A swordmaster, well dat makes him one of my flock. But I shall look for a chance to see him use a letter opener. Hex an' Sencho got a friend with Gold armour, him fight good too?"

Oso looks outside, is it clouding over? Hurricane or monsoon season?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Naah; the sun's shining real nice; a couple puffy clouds here and there.

"Aye, Goldie....he swings a mean rapier too...I'm not scared o' him though. They've both served Sencho for a few years. Sencho likes to have a good sword or two betwixt him and th' opposition, when he's tossing spells, see. See, I reckon a wizard 100 feet away from a fighter has it all over the fighter in a lot of ways. Arrow versus fireball; there is noooooooo compare.
But th' fighter gets next to the wizard, see.....and it's still good for a wizard, see,....but the fighter has a fighting chance then. Wizards don't stand up too good to the chopping."

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
French Wolf wrote:

But I like this avatar!

'Tis merely temporary. I likes me monkeys ..
Just curious; why the monkey love?

*shugs* Dunno. I like dragons too, but so does everyone else on these boards. Some folks like eagles, some like wolves. I always liked monkeys.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right on; just curious. I hate them, but I have my reasons. ;) little bastards...I was at this deer petting zoo in Minnesota, and they had this little 25 c thing that dispensed corn into an ice cream cone to feed the deer. This damn monkey swiped my ice cream cone and threw my corn on the floor of his cage with his s!!+....I hate monkeys.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

Damn Minnesotan apes. ;P

BTW, were we supposed to do the pirate council thing today? We should send off a Bubogram once that's over and we have the cover of darkness.


M Halfling Barbarian 10
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
right on; just curious. I hate them, but I have my reasons. ;) little bastards...I was at this deer petting zoo in Minnesota, and they had this little 25 c thing that dispensed corn into an ice cream cone to feed the deer. This damn monkey swiped my ice cream cone and threw my corn on the floor of his cage with his s!@@....I hate monkeys.

That happens to me all the time. Damn monkeys.


M Halfling Barbarian 10

Where the hell is my dot?

Weird - had to post as Aubrey to get the dot, it wouldn't give it with my aliases, and then edited it back to Gittik. Anyway - all levelled up.


Male Human Rogue 14
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Naah; the sun's shining real nice; a couple puffy clouds here and there.

"Aye, Goldie....he swings a mean rapier too...I'm not scared o' him though. They've both served Sencho for a few years. Sencho likes to have a good sword or two betwixt him and th' opposition, when he's tossing spells, see. See, I reckon a wizard 100 feet away from a fighter has it all over the fighter in a lot of ways. Arrow versus fireball; there is noooooooo compare.
But th' fighter gets next to the wizard, see.....and it's still good for a wizard, see,....but the fighter has a fighting chance then. Wizards don't stand up too good to the chopping."

"So Sencho ... he in charge here? The boss man like? Is it he we'll need to convince if we want to join up here, or others?"


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The bartender looks at Beldan,...
"well, it'll take a vote o the council like and all; he'll consider everybody's opining, and wot....but it's his say. Mostly folk say he really liked th way you all mowed through Merovanchi's crew though."


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

It's easter egg hunting time; I'll post up the captain's council meeting fugue in this evening probably....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The rest of the day's pretty uneventful....lotsa drinking; lotsa smoked fish.
That evening, Goldie shows up at your...tenement. He's got 10 toughs in tow; says he's there to show you all to the Captain's Council meeting.
The night is just getting going; half the makeshift village is allready stupid drunk. Fresh barf tars the boards of the dockways.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Fresh barf tars the boards of the dockways.

Urk. That is totally gross, yet oddly poetic.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

10,000!!!!!
HUZZAH!!!!!


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

Yeah, sorry. Been busy at work (Im here on my Freakin day off!) and family/Easter stuff. Will lvl up soon as I can. (I have 4 characters to finish/lvl up!) Gonna stick with Druid, will get bigger.badder forms, (DIRE wolf/tiger/etc) w/ 3 attacks per round. Still won't be no foaming-rabid harbinger of death like Gittik or Stiggy, but I'll be able to make a better showing! :)


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Right on.


Male Human Rogue 14

“Lead the way Goldie. Are these gentlemen with you here to make sure you don’t get lost?”

Beldan makes sure to bring along all his weapons and equipment to this meeting.

1,401 to 1,450 of 19,690 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.