Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread

Game Master Heathansson


1,201 to 1,250 of 19,803 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

M Halfling Barbarian 10
Pendobar 'Pip' Bushytoe wrote:

Pip will make another persona for the Hellwind's entrance. Halfling, but with scars, tattoos and a long fu-manchu moustache.

"Jes' call me Stubbs." He leers as he stumps about the Hellwind's deck

"Hey, Guitar Boy, you still look like big nancy."


M Halfling Barbarian 10

"Oooooh - him ill-oo-shan. Maybe him hide around here somewhere."

Listening for casting, but I have no dice here. Could someone do the honours?


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

listen for Gittik, 13+3=16


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Gittik can hear in the biiiiiigest of the four buildings, the second building down from the northernmost one on the map, the one from i-r 10-19, chanting and incanting, and all sorts of people mumbling, sounding like they're trying to keep it down.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Oso Legumbe wrote:

Seeing Beldan's action illuded, Oso casts his most powerful spell at the disembodied spellcasting aristocrat.

Dispel Magic which pretty much fails to dispel on a roll of 6. Oso would have been stood near Beldan at the siderail.

Yeah; the phantom wizzer is still there.

I'll place Oso at e23 on the Hellwind.


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

Ta


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

Elgan-Osprey, seeing Beldan's sudden windmilling of arms as he attempts to keep from going over the edge since he didn't run into anything, Sweeps his keen bird-eyes over the area, looking for culprit,...

Spot: 1d20+13=27


Bard 8/ Troubadour of Stars 9 Epic Shredder

Pip strikes up a sea chanty

"Oh sit right back
and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip
That one aristo wizard took
to threaten our fair ship

The aristo was a castin' man
His tricks were fast and clean
But he knew not who he cast against
A crew deadly an' mean
A crew deadly an' mean

The wizard'll regret this day for sure
The Hellwind has his mark
For when were done we'll feed his bones
To all the passing sharks!
To all the passing sharks!"

Inspire Courage in effect


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Elgan Dreadwood wrote:

Elgan-Osprey, seeing Beldan's sudden windmilling of arms as he attempts to keep from going over the edge since he didn't run into anything, Sweeps his keen bird-eyes over the area, looking for culprit,...

Spot: 1d20+13=27

Naught but a lot of drunken pirates dappled here and there, starting to rise and take a whiz in the lagoon, or check out what all the commotion is abaft.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I guess I'll put Pip at e24 next to Oso; Elgan at e16, in flight, above water.
Need a position on Gittik, Riese, and Stigmeister...


M Halfling Barbarian 10

"They in big building - over there!" Gittik points. Stick me in D20.


Male Human Paragon 3 /Evoker 6 (abjuration&enchantment barred) ---37,300XP
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

I guess I'll put Pip at e24 next to Oso; Elgan at e16, in flight, above water.

Need a position on Gittik, Riese, and Stigmeister...

I think Riese was manning the other ship (weren't we short of sailors or something?). What is going on with it, are we pulling up one ship or both to the docks? If not just assume he is at the wheel of this ship.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Riese is at D29;
small update (I know we had a loooong bunch of posts for a while there....)
the other ship is back at the river delta with the invasion force; they decided to take the Hellwind in, for intimidation purposes, and the other ship might be made.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Somebody wanna position Stiggy? He hasn't been around for a few days; he got an unfortunate incident IRL and might be feeling kinda poorly...


Bard 8/ Troubadour of Stars 9 Epic Shredder
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Somebody wanna position Stiggy?

How about in front of the rum keg?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

heh heh...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I got Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary.

Liberty's Edge

Male Mothman Expert 5
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
I got Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary.

Lots of nice templates in that one...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Yerrrrrsh. I love's me some Half Price Books.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Well....I'll see if kruely shows up tonight; if not I'll say Stiggy's passed out in the bilge until he shows up.
I'll modify things a little bit when I get home tonight and get it rolling, unless I get called in to my other job right away.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

Didn't he day his "pirate disguise" was to be passed-out drunk? Perhsaps he implemented the disguise too well?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right on; I got called in to the other job, so....I might post again in like....5 hours.....sorry.


Male Human Rogue 14
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Well....I'll see if kruely shows up tonight; if not I'll say Stiggy's passed out in the bilge until he shows up.

I'll modify things a little bit when I get home tonight and get it rolling, unless I get called in to my other job right away.

Kruel posted to our Z Day game yesterday (my time) to say he's sick again with something unrelated to the solvent drinking.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Here I go....
Stiggy's passed out down below; whenever he shows up he can come forward from the door at b27.

First,....you can hear somebody who sounds like the illusionary wizard who accosted you casting a spell from up on the roof of the big building, around square I or J 19.

The front and mid of the ship is spattered with an ice storm. Gittik, Altai, Pip, and Oso take 8 h.p. or cold and 10 h.p. of bludgeoning damage.

From near the roof, out of a hole in the wall under the thatching, at about I15, a small...man or gnome, dark skinned ,with bat's wings flies out. He carries a warhammer in one hand and a kukri in the other. Small fetishes adorn his dreadlocked beard.
Oso knows him to be one of the kongamato bat people, from the Screaming Swamp of Kumboula, in Hepmonaland.

He flies to f15, and swipes at Elganhawk with his warhammer.

From the door at hi 11, an 8 foot tall man, or half man half cactus, emerges; he moves to gh 15-16 and fires a bow at Gittik. Gittik takes 6 in damage from the 4 foot long arrow.

From the door at hi 13, another mul, though this one is young, wearing studded leather, and foaming at the mouth. He brings his greatsword at Beldan, moving to g21.

He swings, and hits Beldan; the hapless rogue takes 15 h.p. in damage.
He can see the bald mul is covered from head to toe in Suel staverunes....he is a former slave, and a living sutra of their vile beliefs.

A giant owl comes into existence; jet black feathers and red eyes...it pops there in front of Pip and Oso, at fg 24-25. It claws the cleric; an misses....

and with that it's round 2.
Player characters' attacks.


Male Human Rogue 14

Beldan pitches off the side of the wharf, grabs onto the timbers at the edge as he falls and swings himself under the wharf, grabbing onto the substructure. Tumble: 13+14 = 27 should avoid AOOs

He quickly finds a spot to perch himself on the rotting timbers supporting the wharf and does his best to hide himself away from prying eyes Hide: 10+19 = 29 as he plans his next step.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Right on; you're still at G22, though under the wharf in the support beams. It's a good 7 feet or so down to the frothy yeasty portside swillbroth below. You see a rat; it squeaks it's impertinence at you and scrambles away.

The mul takes a half-hearted swing at you; though your lightning quick move makes it a futile effort.

Huzzah!


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

went in; did 4 hours at the other job tonite. I gotta crash.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

I considered Charm monster, but the mul gets too many bonuses to resist carving up cactus-man. So I go with the explosive option instead.

Shaking haulstones and frost out of his beard, Altai jogs up on the forecastle. After determining the best target spot, he quickly casts a spell; a small mote of fire suddenly blooms into a huge fiery gout and envelops the odd band of enemies. I wonder if the cactuary is flammable, he wonders as he prepares a new spell.

Move to B20 before casting Fireball. The bomb detonates 10' above the pier in H18; that hits all visible enemies except the big owl (as well as the invisible wizard in the J/K 19 area). They get to partake in 30 points of fire damage, Reflex 18 for half damage.


M Halfling Barbarian 10

"Eh, me get shot by cactus. Now me see everything."


Male Human Barbarian1/Cleric10

Oso steps back from the ice storm and casts Kelanen's spell of grace and speed on the halfling rottweiler (fly) or on himself otherwise.

"You want to savage a wizard, Gittik."

ding!

"We is about to get fragged by that wizard if we don't kill him quick."

EDIT; "dats batpeople sign, he is kongamato from my jungle. His tribe a bunch of pussies!"


M Halfling Barbarian 10

RAGE!

Flying to the rooftop to find the Wiz - (flying) charge to I18 and attack I19. I'm assuming from your description the guy is Invisible.

Roll to hit = 10 + 2 for charge + 14 = 26. Damage = 3 + 7 + 4 electricity. Roll high to miss on d6 - rolled 5 (GAH!).


Male Wild Elf Druid 16 (Shifter version, PHBII)

Surprised at being attacked by a bat-man, Elgan is almost skewered when the person first flaps up to meet him. But his natural survival instincts kick in and he dodges the blow. Screeching in rage, Elganhawk flaps up a few feet, then dives at the batman,...

To Hit: 1d20+6=26, Dmg:1d6+3=7

Confirm Crit:1d20+6=23, Confirmed, Dmg:1d6+3=7

Woot! Elganhawk's claws and beak tears furiously at the flying interloper, knowing he needs to provide cover from the enemy caster.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Altai Iscarni wrote:

I considered Charm monster, but the mul gets too many bonuses to resist carving up cactus-man. So I go with the explosive option instead.

Shaking haulstones and frost out of his beard, Altai jogs up on the forecastle. After determining the best target spot, he quickly casts a spell; a small mote of fire suddenly blooms into a huge fiery gout and envelops the odd band of enemies. I wonder if the cactuary is flammable, he wonders as he prepares a new spell.

Move to B20 before casting Fireball. The bomb detonates 10' above the pier in H18; that hits all visible enemies except the big owl (as well as the invisible wizard in the J/K 19 area). They get to partake in 30 points of fire damage, Reflex 18 for half damage.

None of them drop, but some are pretty hurt. The mul reflexed well...the kongamato batman doesn't look like fire affects him like other folk, but he DID take a pretty heinous blast; his beard is singed off.

The outside of the lower west wall of the building is starting up on fire.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Elgan Dreadwood wrote:

Surprised at being attacked by a bat-man, Elgan is almost skewered when the person first flaps up to meet him. But his natural survival instincts kick in and he dodges the blow. Screeching in rage, Elganhawk flaps up a few feet, then dives at the batman,...

To Hit: 1d20+6=26, Dmg:1d6+3=7

Confirm Crit:1d20+6=23, Confirmed, Dmg:1d6+3=7

Woot! Elganhawk's claws and beak tears furiously at the flying interloper, knowing he needs to provide cover from the enemy caster.

Elgan gives him a good talon; slashing his face and neck up. He's still up and flapping.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Oso Legumbe wrote:

Oso steps back from the ice storm and casts Kelanen's spell of grace and speed on the halfling rottweiler (fly) or on himself otherwise.

"You want to savage a wizard, Gittik."

ding!

"We is about to get fragged by that wizard if we don't kill him quick."

EDIT; "dats batpeople sign, he is kongamato from my jungle. His tribe a bunch of pussies!"

Guess just waiting to see who wants to fly...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Gittik wrote:

RAGE!

Flying to the rooftop to find the Wiz - (flying) charge to I18 and attack I19. I'm assuming from your description the guy is Invisible.

Roll to hit = 10 + 2 for charge + 14 = 26. Damage = 3 + 7 + 4 electricity. Roll high to miss on d6 - rolled 5 (GAH!).

Gittik misses; however the f*&+er is screeching in fear. It would make one feel embarrassed or sad for the Merovanchi if he wasn't such a dick, and if that somebody wasn't Gittik.

I take it roll high to miss is the 50% concealment; 1-3 hits and 4-6 misses; I'm sorry; I worked til 10 p.m. last night then slept 4.5 hours, so I'm just making sure I know what I'm talking about.
I'm endeavoring for no metaphysical cockups with this one.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Pip, Riese;
Stiggy if he showsup...


M Halfling Barbarian 10
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

I take it roll high to miss is the 50% concealment; 1-3 hits and 4-6 misses; I'm sorry; I worked til 10 p.m. last night then slept 4.5 hours, so I'm just making sure I know what I'm talking about.

I'm endeavoring for no metaphysical cockups with this one.

We appear to be on the same page.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

synchronize watches! Sweet. Now if I can only get home and take that nap, instead of taking it whilst driving home.


Male Human Paragon 3 /Evoker 6 (abjuration&enchantment barred) ---37,300XP
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Altai Iscarni wrote:

I considered Charm monster, but the mul gets too many bonuses to resist carving up cactus-man. So I go with the explosive option instead.

Shaking haulstones and frost out of his beard, Altai jogs up on the forecastle. After determining the best target spot, he quickly casts a spell; a small mote of fire suddenly blooms into a huge fiery gout and envelops the odd band of enemies. I wonder if the cactuary is flammable, he wonders as he prepares a new spell.

Move to B20 before casting Fireball. The bomb detonates 10' above the pier in H18; that hits all visible enemies except the big owl (as well as the invisible wizard in the J/K 19 area). They get to partake in 30 points of fire damage, Reflex 18 for half damage.

None of them drop, but some are pretty hurt. The mul reflexed well...the kongamato batman doesn't look like fire affects him like other folk, but he DID take a pretty heinous blast; his beard is singed off.

The outside of the lower west wall of the building is starting up on fire.

"Fire two! Imbelia Pyrrok de'flar!!" Riese detonates another blast in roughly the same spot, adjusting as necessary to avoid his companions.

Fireball 8d6=35, DC 19 reflex for half.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

You can pop it off before Gittik's action; he's not affected.
Gittik can't hear that guy anymore up there, all screaming.
THe cactus man flops to the dock in a crispy mess.
The kongamato is still up; the fire is damaging him. A lot.
And...the mul reflexes again. He's metaphysically rope-a-doping you lot...I guess.....

Waiting on Pip.

Cactus man down; Merovanchi silent...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The necessary Pip fugue, since he says he's suffering from acute RLitis.

And my balls are always bouncing

My ballroom always full

And everybody comes and comes again

If your name is on the guest list

No one can take you higher

Everybody says I've got great balls of fire


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

THe cactus man flops to the dock in a crispy mess.

And...the mul reflexes again. He's metaphysically rope-a-doping you lot...

He was flammable, I guess... Satisfied that the cactoid is down, Alwyn turns his attention to the frothy half-dwarf.

Is he avoiding all the damage, or has he just gotten half - i.e. is he untouched, or does he seem at least somewhat crispy?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The mul looks injured by it. He looks....like a guy that rolled two high reflex rolls, and has a good bonus; I guess he hunkered down real well and just got his back crispy instead of taking two fireballs in the face for max damage.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I guess he doesn't look like a scion of deviltry who gets sunburned when others get third degree burns and blistered.


Bard 8/ Troubadour of Stars 9 Epic Shredder

Pip finishes up his Bon Scott impersination

" ..and I'm just ITCHING to tell you about them .."

Can I get a Dispel Magic on the wizzo?


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Pip, Riese;

Stiggy if he showsup...

Wow, I'm really sorry. It turns out that since my little poisoning episode coffee really f!$*s me up now. One cup and I'm screwed for 7 or 8 days. Anyway, I won't make that mistake again.


Male Human Wizard 17 (Conjuration specialist)

Has Altai ever heard about anything like the cactus-man before? Knowledge (nature) 13+7=20.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Pendobar 'Pip' Bushytoe wrote:

Pip finishes up his Bon Scott impersination

" ..and I'm just ITCHING to tell you about them .."

Can I get a Dispel Magic on the wizzo?

You can, but he's not really making any noises at the moment. It's up to you.

(edit) he was screaming like a ninny, then nothing...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Stigwold Mæch'Hæmmær wrote:
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Pip, Riese;

Stiggy if he showsup...
Wow, I'm really sorry. It turns out that since my little poisoning episode coffee really f&*&s me up now. One cup and I'm screwed for 7 or 8 days. Anyway, I won't make that mistake again.

That's cool. I hope you're okay, man. I was scared for a while there.

1,201 to 1,250 of 19,803 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heathy's Isle of Dread Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.