Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

HELL'S REBELS ala Fabian

Game Master Fabian Benavente

Telling the interactive story of a group of rebels and their exploits in the city of Kintargo...


5,701 to 5,750 of 5,773 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

female human lust wizard 7, enchanting courtesan 1 | Hp 50/50 | AC 13 (17), TAC 13, FF 11 (15) | CMB +2; CMD 16 | F +7, Ref 6, Will +9 | Peception +1 | dazing touch (7/7)
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Caleb Cage wrote:

Caleb smiled - the smile of a man with a terrible, but amusing idea.

"Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon? They're memorable, at least! Otherwise... a pair of star crossed lovers?"

Noravia gave Caleb a conspiratorial smile. "That would definitely raise a few eyebrows and I like the way you think." Then her voice lowered so that only he could hear, "But I'm not beautiful enough to be a believable Shelyn."

When someone mentioned getting someone to glamer her armor she smiled. "Problem solved. I can now look like I'm wearing whatever we want. Maybe I'll look like a lady after all."

Tillia looked sharply at Noravia's disparaging thought of herself. The woman could too pass for Shelyn if she chose. Looking at her friend Tillia said, "If you wanted to pass for Shelyn you could. While she is often described as a gorgeous woman Shelyn is as interested in inner beauty thaas outer. I heard a story once that, in her temple in Oppara, the center of her worship on this continent, that she is known to move among the petitioners in person, disguised as a beggar, or homeless woman, to test her faithful for their inner character. She has many forms and physical beauty isn't a requirement of any of them. I think you would make a gorgeous Warrior Shelyn and I would be happy to help you pull off the look."

Gear
Still working on this, kinda stumped on what to get. Anyone got any suggestions?

For that matter, maybe I'll let Fabian just surprise me.


male
Tillia wrote:

Gear

Still working on this, kinda stumped on what to get. Anyone got any suggestions?

For that matter, maybe I'll let Fabian just surprise me.

Not your best choice since I struggle with this for my own PCs. :)

If you leave it up to me, I will probably upgrade some of your items.

How about rods of metamagic? I figure if you cast spells for a living then why not make them more powerful?

Pearls of power are always nice for a caster that memorizes spells...


Stats

I want to do a proper post, but Eastertime is pretty busy for me.
Look, I'd been interested in upgrading Mind Thrust by picking up a Psychic Shard that gives a higher level spell, but my reading is that it is not then elligible for things like Spell Specialisation.
I'd also been interested in getting some rods to hype things up a little, but they were all something I'd need to save for.


male
Caleb Cage wrote:

I want to do a proper post, but Eastertime is pretty busy for me.

Look, I'd been interested in upgrading Mind Thrust by picking up a Psychic Shard that gives a higher level spell, but my reading is that it is not then elligible for things like Spell Specialisation.
I'd also been interested in getting some rods to hype things up a little, but they were all something I'd need to save for.

I won't recap until approx 20-24 hours so you have time to post.

Where's this psychic shard detailed?

If you take the belt of dex +2 then you only have 1,500 gp to spend.


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8

So, what are the rules about proper disguises? I assume people would frown on weapons (beyond belt knifes at least) and armor? Not that those things really limit Eirik... I assume "costume weaponry" would be acceptable - something that looks impressive but is actually made from thin sheet metal or some such.

Or was this more of a "fancy dresses and ornate masks" type of an affair?


Stats

Psychic Shard
Sadly the only way for Caleb to get a higher level mind thrust spell, as written, is this.
Normally Sorceror gets an ability that sorts of helps, but Tattooed Sorceror doesn't get it.


Stats
Tillia wrote:
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Caleb Cage wrote:

Caleb smiled - the smile of a man with a terrible, but amusing idea.

"Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon? They're memorable, at least! Otherwise... a pair of star crossed lovers?"

Noravia gave Caleb a conspiratorial smile. "That would definitely raise a few eyebrows and I like the way you think." Then her voice lowered so that only he could hear, "But I'm not beautiful enough to be a believable Shelyn."

When someone mentioned getting someone to glamer her armor she smiled. "Problem solved. I can now look like I'm wearing whatever we want. Maybe I'll look like a lady after all."

Tillia looked sharply at Noravia's disparaging thought of herself. The woman could too pass for Shelyn if she chose. Looking at her friend Tillia said, "If you wanted to pass for Shelyn you could. While she is often described as a gorgeous woman Shelyn is as interested in inner beauty thaas outer. I heard a story once that, in her temple in Oppara, the center of her worship on this continent, that she is known to move among the petitioners in person, disguised as a beggar, or homeless woman, to test her faithful for their inner character. She has many forms and physical beauty isn't a requirement of any of them. I think you would make a gorgeous Warrior Shelyn and I would be happy to help you pull off the look."

Caleb took Tillia's comment the wrong way, and leaped to his beau's defence. "Hey! She could pass for the outer beauty Shelyn as well! Look at her skin! At the shine in her eyes! She has the sort of bust men write poems about! And her behind's round, but taut enough you can bounce a crown off it! She could making a killing in any brothel in the city, and I won't hear otherwise!"

The gaunt sorceror turned to take Noravia's hands. "Where's this coming from? Are you looking for complements, or do you really believe you're not gorgeous?"


Stats

"Look. Forget the fancy costumes. Let's all get something concealing, and get a few spares. Confusion is worth more than looking good." Caleb looked around "I know a guy who used to be costume maker for the Opera House. I'm sure he can knock us up something that'll fit all of us - or at least all of us of regular height."

@Fabian: Actually, would you be okay with Caleb taking Mind Thrust III as his third level spell choice this level?


male
Eirik Clausen wrote:

So, what are the rules about proper disguises? I assume people would frown on weapons (beyond belt knifes at least) and armor? Not that those things really limit Eirik... I assume "costume weaponry" would be acceptable - something that looks impressive but is actually made from thin sheet metal or some such.

Or was this more of a "fancy dresses and ornate masks" type of an affair?

Weapons and armor are Ok as long as it's not heavy armor.

The armor needs to be adorned with gems, lace, etc.

Caleb: I'll look at the stuff later at home.


Female Human Inquisitor(Infiltrator)/8
Caleb Cage wrote:
Tillia wrote:
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Caleb Cage wrote:

Caleb smiled - the smile of a man with a terrible, but amusing idea.

"Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon? They're memorable, at least! Otherwise... a pair of star crossed lovers?"

Noravia gave Caleb a conspiratorial smile. "That would definitely raise a few eyebrows and I like the way you think." Then her voice lowered so that only he could hear, "But I'm not beautiful enough to be a believable Shelyn."

When someone mentioned getting someone to glamer her armor she smiled. "Problem solved. I can now look like I'm wearing whatever we want. Maybe I'll look like a lady after all."

Tillia looked sharply at Noravia's disparaging thought of herself. The woman could too pass for Shelyn if she chose. Looking at her friend Tillia said, "If you wanted to pass for Shelyn you could. While she is often described as a gorgeous woman Shelyn is as interested in inner beauty thaas outer. I heard a story once that, in her temple in Oppara, the center of her worship on this continent, that she is known to move among the petitioners in person, disguised as a beggar, or homeless woman, to test her faithful for their inner character. She has many forms and physical beauty isn't a requirement of any of them. I think you would make a gorgeous Warrior Shelyn and I would be happy to help you pull off the look."

Caleb took Tillia's comment the wrong way, and leaped to his beau's defence. "Hey! She could pass for the outer beauty Shelyn as well! Look at her skin! At the shine in her eyes! She has the sort of bust men write poems about! And her behind's round, but taut enough you can bounce a crown off it! She could making a killing in any brothel in the city, and I won't hear otherwise!"

The gaunt sorceror turned to take Noravia's hands. "Where's this coming from? Are you looking for complements, or do you really believe you're not gorgeous?"

Noravia's eyes widened in surprise and her cheeks flamed with embarrassment. She was mortified that her voice had carried further than she had thought and had garnered such a response. She could barely look Caleb in the eyes as she stammered, "I...I'm...I hadn't considered...I'm alright, I guess - pretty in the right light but not what I'd consider beautiful, that's all. My strengths have always been elsewhere..." her voice trailed off.


I'll try to get something for Elsbeth finished tonight. Should I PM it to you for you to look at first? And there are no other parameters? Just her becoming a guard and finding a skeleton key which she gives to the others?


male
Elsbeth Wright wrote:
I'll try to get something for Elsbeth finished tonight. Should I PM it to you for you to look at first? And there are no other parameters? Just her becoming a guard and finding a skeleton key which she gives to the others?

Yes, that's the gist of it but feel free to embellish and entertain us. :)

Send it to me and I'll add it to the turn recap.

Thanks!

I got more info for a second mission...


Male Chelaxian Freedom Fighter / 8
Fabian Benavente wrote:

Vandomir:

I have:

breastplate +1 1,000
greatsword +1 2,000
belt of DEX +2 4,000
MW thieves tools 50
adaptive comp longbow +1 3,400
hat of disguise 1,800
ring of protection +1 2,000
amulet of natural armor +2 8,000
Common pot part: 1,985
Total: 24,235

You have 9,000 gp to spend

Same guidelines as others.

9000! I'm rich!

Ok...

Comp Longbow to +2 - 6,000
Breastplate to +2 - 3,000


Male Chelaxian Freedom Fighter / 8

Action 1

Having been hushed by the others for his words against the Halfling, Vandomir was in no mood for banter. It wasn't his fault just how he was brought up. Halflings were servants, chattel, etc. It certainly wasn't how he felt deep inside, but he still had some deep seeded prejudices against their kind. He would track down the little hero later and express his regrets at how he had treated him.

Action 2

More costumes? Even growing up as a noble, Vandomir had never been fond of the desire to dress up and pretend to be someone that he wasn't, And he never understood just why his peers were do into it. "I am all ears at suggestions for a costume. The simpler the better."

When Rexus mentioned long lost magic items, Vandomir's attention was piqued, "do the legends and histories give any indications as to what sort of things might be down there? There isn't some huge anti-devil charm that we could use to enshroud the city is there?"


female human lust wizard 7, enchanting courtesan 1 | Hp 50/50 | AC 13 (17), TAC 13, FF 11 (15) | CMB +2; CMD 16 | F +7, Ref 6, Will +9 | Peception +1 | dazing touch (7/7)
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Caleb Cage wrote:
Tillia wrote:
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Caleb Cage wrote:

Caleb smiled - the smile of a man with a terrible, but amusing idea.

"Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon? They're memorable, at least! Otherwise... a pair of star crossed lovers?"

Noravia gave Caleb a conspiratorial smile. "That would definitely raise a few eyebrows and I like the way you think." Then her voice lowered so that only he could hear, "But I'm not beautiful enough to be a believable Shelyn."

When someone mentioned getting someone to glamer her armor she smiled. "Problem solved. I can now look like I'm wearing whatever we want. Maybe I'll look like a lady after all."

Tillia looked sharply at Noravia's disparaging thought of herself. The woman could too pass for Shelyn if she chose. Looking at her friend Tillia said, "If you wanted to pass for Shelyn you could. While she is often described as a gorgeous woman Shelyn is as interested in inner beauty thaas outer. I heard a story once that, in her temple in Oppara, the center of her worship on this continent, that she is known to move among the petitioners in person, disguised as a beggar, or homeless woman, to test her faithful for their inner character. She has many forms and physical beauty isn't a requirement of any of them. I think you would make a gorgeous Warrior Shelyn and I would be happy to help you pull off the look."

Caleb took Tillia's comment the wrong way, and leaped to his beau's defence. "Hey! She could pass for the outer beauty Shelyn as well! Look at her skin! At the shine in her eyes! She has the sort of bust men write poems about! And her behind's round, but taut enough you can bounce a crown off it! She could making a killing in any brothel in the city, and I won't hear otherwise!"

The gaunt sorceror turned to take Noravia's hands. "Where's this coming from? Are you looking for complements, or do you really believe you're not

...

With a bit of a gentle laugh Tillia responded, "Well, if you change your mind, let me know." Her laugh stopped and a rather naughty smile crossed her face, "I've learned a lot while I was away and would be delighted to show you." Whether her words were meant as an innuendo or not was anybody's guess.

Loot
Alright, I have 6k to work with. I definitely want to upgrade my cloak of resistance from a +1 to a +2, that leaves me with a hair more than 3k left.

My list of wants, in preference order:
Minor Metamagic Rod of Piercing Spell
Minor Metamagic Rod of Trick Spell
Ring of Sustenance (500 gp left over)


male

Caleb: psychic shard is OK (1st level?)
mind thrust III is fine

-----------
Vandomir:
Comp Longbow to +2 - 6,000
Breastplate to +2 - 3,000
are both OK
-------
Tillia:
cloak of resistance +2 is Ok
luck...: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Minor Metamagic Rod of Trick Spell

-----------
I think all purchases are done with the exception of Eirik who has 4,500 to spend.

Please update your PC sheets.

Questions?

Game on!


male

Turn 353 - Planning for the Ruby Masquerade

Read the OOC.

Questions, comments, and/or suggestions?

Game on!


Sorry Fabian, did I miss the deadline or can I still send you something?


male
Elsbeth Wright wrote:
Sorry Fabian, did I miss the deadline or can I still send you something?

You're not late. I did not advance the time on this turn recap and Elsbeth actions will occur the following day so we are fine.

Good post BTW; I'll add it to the next turn recap.

Game on!


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8

Action 2

This just came to mind…

Eirik frowned in thought at the mention of hoards of treasures hidden from public eyes. ”Do you recall the underground levels of the Fantasmagorium? The Archivists’ vaults there had been raided, the shelves emptied of what they had once held, and since it were servants of House Thrune who we caught going through the remaining documents…” Eirik hazarded, recalling one particular item whose description had hinted at it being used against servants of Abadar is some way. Whatever that thing was, if it proved equal to the stories attached to it by the Archivists, having it in Thrunite hands – if they indeed had it - could not possibly bode well for his brothers and sisters in faith.

Re: costumes… I think I’ll go with an Ulfen guise for Eirik (I’m in love with them fellows, after all). So, bare chested, face and upper body painted with red and blue geometric tattoos, hair and bear bleached and properly braided, with stone ornaments. Leather trousers, heavy hobnailed boots, leather belts and iron chain bandoleer-style. And a decent axe replica for a weapon. Oh, and a heavy metal helmet with horns on, that covers Eirik’s eyes for opens up below nose guard to show off his beard.

If Eirik needs a date and Asami is it, I could see her wearing a Kitsune guise – a playful fox spirits sounds just about right for her. So, minor magical items for animated fox’s tail and ears, makeup for whiskers, then some off-the-shoulder dress of long ankle-length overlapping wide silk stripes held loosely together, so when moving around they offer glimpses at what they hide.


male

only one player post in 24 hours is not good...

letting this run another day...


Stats

Action 1
"I suppose I am the obvious choice." Caleb admitted with a shrug. "I'm no great fighter, but when I choose not to be seen, I'm not. I can run fast. Leap high. See in the dark. If necessary I can read minds. I've no great skill at opening a locked door."
He looked around "Still - if I do this, will I not be too busy for the Masquerade?"

Action 3
What do people think of the matching outfits idea?


Female Human Inquisitor(Infiltrator)/8

Sorry, it's Tuesday and all...

Action 1:

Caleb wrote:

"I suppose I am the obvious choice." Caleb admitted with a shrug. "I'm no great fighter, but when I choose not to be seen, I'm not. I can run fast. Leap high. See in the dark. If necessary I can read minds. I've no great skill at opening a locked door."

He looked around "Still - if I do this, will I not be too busy for the Masquerade?"

"Maybe someone else can do it," Noravia said hopefully. "Surely this is something that one of the team members has been training for. Besides, you're not going to get out of taking me to this Masquerade that easily."

Action 2:

Noravia looked thoughtful as Rexus shared about what may be below the Opera House. "It's interesting that it's called the Song of the Silver. It almost makes it sound like Silver is a person or creature. Although how they would keep Thrune under control is beyond me."

Action 3:
Noravia would be willing to go with matching outfits; although with Eirik going a different route it probably won't work unless the four other of us do it.

There's always Caleb's original idea of matching outfits for Noravia and Caleb. This would be manageable now that Noravia's armor will be glamered.

Action 4:

Eirik wrote:
Unless we can just move in as individuals and meet in some part of the building closed from guests. And a map would be useful, to figure out where we need to begin.” It wouldn't be pleasant to open doors at random and have to explain to a group of guards why we were creeping around what had been turned into barracks.

Noravia smiled, "This is where having some information and a key would be quite helpful. Sadly, I don't think either will just be left lying around."


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8

I'm not a big fan of matching outfits for us... since we are supposed to be a secret society (yeah right, with the adventure path taking liberties to make us public figures) I'm against to anything that helps link us together particularly when operating on enemy ground.


male
Noravia Jeggare wrote:

Action 2:

Noravia looked thoughtful as Rexus shared about what may be below the Opera House. "It's interesting that it's called the Song of the Silver. It almost makes it sound like Silver is a person or creature. Although how they would keep Thrune under control is beyond me."

Sorry but that's a DM boo-boo; it's actually called the The Song of Silver. :(

Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Noravia smiled, "This is where having some information and a key would be quite helpful. Sadly, I don't think either will just be left lying around."

Aha, foreshadowing it's called. :)

I intend to recap later today.

Game on!


Male Halfling Transporter / 8

Action 1

"Apart from the part about missing the Masquerade, I too would be a decent candidate for sneaking," offered Vandomir. "Although it is true that there might be others within the Ravens suited to the task, I will not shirk from it, if it is agreed I am the one to undertake it."

Action 2

"For a while?" Vandomir could not help but ask, "how exactly do you mean that. I am guessing that we don't know what happened, or how the Thrune thwarted the protection of this song?"

Action 3

Is it improper to maybe dress as Aroden? Vandomir would want to dress as some hero character from history, so he could bring his arms and armor without evoking any suspicions. With my hat of disguise I don't intend to spend anything on it. I do have nobles finery already and such though.

Action 4

Nothing, although happy to investigate if asked.


female human lust wizard 7, enchanting courtesan 1 | Hp 50/50 | AC 13 (17), TAC 13, FF 11 (15) | CMB +2; CMD 16 | F +7, Ref 6, Will +9 | Peception +1 | dazing touch (7/7)

Action 2
The mention of powerful weapons didn't interest Tillia in the least. She was never one for such things and preferred her magic over a weapon any day. Still, this Song of Silver was intriguing. She looked at Rexus and said, "I think you might be on the right path. Some kind of magic..." She considered and finally said, "...or maybe a contract? We are dealing with Thrune and their devils here, a contract could make sense, something that helped prevent Thrune from using the devils maybe? Or simply limiting the aid they could give?"

Action 3
Tillia understood Caleb's upset over the wizard's insinuation that Noravia wasn't beautiful and smiled at him in amusement as she said, "Sometimes, Caleb, you have to work within a person's beliefs of themselves to help them see the truth."

As Vandomir began to speak of the etiquette Tillia was anxiously enjoying the thoughts in her mind. This ball could be a great time and she was already looking forward to it. She smiled prettily at Vandomir and said, "I think that, at least a few of us, should try to dress so we stand out. We can better distract the agents Brassy will surely have in place from paying as much attention to those less fantastically dressed." She frowned a moment and then continued, "Of course those dressing down might find themselves standing out more than those who dress up."

Action 4
Nodding her agreement Tillia responded, "Yes, I think it's likely some of the missing could be there, and finding these old weapons and this Song of Silver down there seem likely as well."


male

Turn 354 - Matching Outfits?

Read the OOC.

Questions, comments, and/or suggestions?

Game on!


Stats

Would it be possible to get some scrolls or potions of False Face? Given we're now famous figures,
might be worth the precaution, and a polymorph doesn't fall over to things that detect illusions.

Not sure how to do Zon-Kuton's illusion. Mundane disguise seems right, but I'd like to smuggle his coat & chain in. That made me realise it might be nice to change his Cloak to the Shadow Enchantment on his mail (which seems very in keeping). The cost difference is 1250gp. Seems like that might be a nice way to do Zon Kuthon's shadowy thing, with the tiny intricate mithril links turning matt black - or studded with thousands of tiny onyx & obsidian gems.
I've also updated Caleb's sheet with the new belt and changed spell, thanks :)


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8

Nice spell, too bad it's personal only so doesn't help Eirik T_T


Stats

Ah my friend, but as a potion...


male

I'm fine with false face as a spell/scroll but a potion?

Are there other potions that do similar things?


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8

Might be a bit hard to make into potion something that require you to make choices as to what you want to transform into... but then again, the spell states that you do NOT have control on the specifics of your new temporary appearance. Although that might just mean a potion has a chance to produce a face even a mother cannot love...

Like this lovely fellow...


Male Chelaxian Freedom Fighter / 8

Action 1

Vandomir suggested, "I am far more of a dress down person. If someone is dressing up to get noticed, then I think the ladies are better suited to this."


Stats
Eirik Clausen wrote:

Might be a bit hard to make into potion something that require you to make choices as to what you want to transform into... but then again, the spell states that you do NOT have control on the specifics of your new temporary appearance. Although that might just mean a potion has a chance to produce a face even a mother cannot love...

Like this lovely fellow...

Hah!

"Eirik, did you... did you just use the potion as gin mixer? I don't know what that'll do! I guess it'll probably still work though, I mean what's the worst that can happen..."

@Fabian: were you okay with the costume idea? I'm happy to lose the potion and a few other odds and sods if I'm over on WBL


male

not much for me to move the game forward...

letting this run one more day...

--------------

Caleb: where is this 'Cloak to the Shadow Enchantment'?

I'm not going to micromanage if you're over a couple thousand gp but I'd like to see it to properly evaluate it.


Stats

Shadow
Caleb currently has a Cloak of Elvenkind. This is the same effect as the Shadow Enchantment on armour, but stand alone. It costs 2500. The Shadow Enchantment costs 3750. Don't tell Caleb he's spending a thousand plus gold on clothes, though.


Female Human Inquisitor(Infiltrator)/8

Action 1:

With outfits being discussed for the Masquerade, Noravia still liked Caleb's original idea. Bolstered by both Tillia and more so by Caleb's words, Noravia offered to him rather shyly, "If you still want to go as Shelyn and Zon-Kuthon, I think that is doable. It would definitely be memorable. With my armor glamered and Milani's revelation of a new spell allowing me to look like anyone, nothing seems impossible."

Before deciding for sure on their costumes, the inquisitor asked, "Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the costumes allowed? Do the people have to adhere to the other edicts put in place regarding dress or does anything go?"

Action 2:

Noravia linked her arm with Caleb. "Do you want to go get a drink or some food? Maybe we can find out if there's any interesting talk among the people regarding the upcoming Masquerade."

Noravia now has access to the spell Claim Identity as well as Disguise self. I believe that she can cast Claim Identity on others as well.


Action 3:

Elsbeth followed Abe's example and strung the newly made key on a cord around her neck. She didn't want to let it out of her possession until she could deliver it to the Ravens.

When they gathered at the Wasps Nest on Friday night, she untied the cord and handed it over to Eirik. "Milani has smiled on us. During my time scouting at the Opera House, I learned of a master key that would open almost any door there. With Hob's help, I managed to make a copy of the key everyone assumes is the only one. This will allow you to move freely throughout the building when you attend the Masquerade."


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8
Caleb Cage wrote:
"Eirik, did you... did you just use the potion as gin mixer? I don't know what that'll do! I guess it'll probably still work though, I mean what's the worst that can happen..."

Hey, everything it better with alcohol. Or at least some people youd have one believe so ;^)

Re: consumables… Eirik used his CLW potion during last adventure, and I doubt he’ll try to carry any of the rest of that stuff to the masquerade.

Vandomir wrote:
Vandomir suggested, "I am far more of a dress down person. If someone is dressing up to get noticed, then I think the ladies are better suited to this."

”After all the restrictions on rich attire by the Proclamations, I’d think the rich and the powerful will use this opportunity to show off their wealth,” Eirik said. ”Although I’m only guessing; I never moved in the kind of circles of people who would be invited to these occasions. I’d expect weapons as part of costumes would be frowned on, unless they looked fake enough. At least during these troubled times… although the Paracount has defied my expectations before too many times to not expect another surprise. I know I wouldn’t like to be in charge of the security of a ball full of masked, armed people in a city on the verge of an insurrection.”

Elsbeth wrote:
When they gathered at the Wasps Nest on Friday night, she untied the cord and handed it over to Eirik. "Milani has smiled on us. During my time scouting at the Opera House, I learned of a master key that would open almost any door there. With Hob's help, I managed to make a copy of the key everyone assumes is the only one. This will allow you to move freely throughout the building when you attend the Masquerade."

”Excellent work,” Eirik said, accepting the key with a nod of thanks. ”This will certainly make exploring the place a lot easier.”

Do we know what’s the program for the evening? Some specific events scheduled? I believe we should choose some precise time when we creep away to start exploring the forbidden places.


male

Rexus, who attended a few of these, provided his insights, "Everyone will try to outdo each other regarding dress but this is not strictly a costume ball. While there will be a few people that will be dressed in costumes, they will be the minority."

He added, "I just plan on attending with a proper dress and a kick-ass mask of a phoenix."

I'll add the probable itinerary next turn for discussion


Stats

Action 1:
Caleb stopped pacing and looked into Noravia's eyes. "You like it? Sure - let's do it! I know a guy who runs a shop that has... caters to people with... sells things to people who worship Zon Kuthon... casually... in the bedroom..." he took a deep breath and continued "He'll have some stuff. You'll need a gorgeous dress. We should get your hair done. I'll get one of the girls to do your makeup. Get you a manicure. Some new shoes. Hmmm - probably needs to be practical as well. Dancer's shoes, I guess. We'll need a Glaive. Can you use a Glaive? I can't use a Glaive. Actually, maybe we don't need a Glaive."
Caleb stopped himself, and looked expectantly at Noravia. "Sound alright?"

Action 2:
"I could murder a pie." Caleb agreed. "Hot, greasy, crispy pastry with mysterious filling and bulging with gravy. Not sure we'd make Shaupie's before she shuts up though. We'd need to run."

Action 3
"Sweet Calistria's..." Caleb choked off his oath. "Well done, that woman! Scouted AND got a master key. What do you do for an encore, kill Brassy by yourself?"


Female Human Inquisitor(Infiltrator)/8
Caleb Cage wrote:

Action 1:

Caleb stopped pacing and looked into Noravia's eyes. "You like it? Sure - let's do it! I know a guy who runs a shop that has... caters to people with... sells things to people who worship Zon Kuthon... casually... in the bedroom..." he took a deep breath and continued "He'll have some stuff. You'll need a gorgeous dress. We should get your hair done. I'll get one of the girls to do your makeup. Get you a manicure. Some new shoes. Hmmm - probably needs to be practical as well. Dancer's shoes, I guess. We'll need a Glaive. Can you use a Glaive? I can't use a Glaive. Actually, maybe we don't need a Glaive."
Caleb stopped himself, and looked expectantly at Noravia. "Sound alright?"

Noravia met Caleb's eyes and smiled, "Of course I like it. But it'll also be pretty risky. By the sounds of it, most people won't be in costume per se." Her eyebrows raised as Caleb went through his list and she chuckled, "The glamered armor will take care of the dress and I will readily be pampered. I can't use a glaive but it would probably be good to have to complete the outfit."

Caleb wrote:

Action 2:

"I could murder a pie." Caleb agreed. "Hot, greasy, crispy pastry with mysterious filling and bulging with gravy. Not sure we'd make Shaupie's before she shuts up though. We'd need to run."

Noravia tugged on his arm, "Then by all means, let's get going."

Is it diplomacy to gather information nowadays?


Caleb wrote:
"Sweet Calistria's..." Caleb choked off his oath. "Well done, that woman! Scouted AND got a master key. What do you do for an encore, kill Brassy by yourself?"

Action 3:

Elsbeth shook her head emphatically, her face as serious as ever. "I may be the one who delivered the key but it was a group effort. Without Aula and Hob, I wouldn't have been able to pull this off." With Caleb's last comment she added, "I would never be so reckless as to face Thrune on my own."


male
Noravia Jeggare wrote:
Is it diplomacy to gather information nowadays?

Yes, it is.

As for the party, think of Carnival in Venice.

Game on!


female human lust wizard 7, enchanting courtesan 1 | Hp 50/50 | AC 13 (17), TAC 13, FF 11 (15) | CMB +2; CMD 16 | F +7, Ref 6, Will +9 | Peception +1 | dazing touch (7/7)

I'll be getting g a post up after work this evening.


Male Human Monk (unchained) 8
Fabian Benavente wrote:
He added, "I just plan on attending with a proper dress and a kick-ass mask of a phoenix."

Ok, so a fancy-dress party with masks on. I was going all Halloween for no reason ;^) In that case, Eirik's fine with a mask - need to figure out something acceptable. Asami if she attends might go for a full costume regardless.


female human lust wizard 7, enchanting courtesan 1 | Hp 50/50 | AC 13 (17), TAC 13, FF 11 (15) | CMB +2; CMD 16 | F +7, Ref 6, Will +9 | Peception +1 | dazing touch (7/7)

Action 1
Tillia was glad to see Noravia's acceptance of the idea and said,"Good, I'll help you with the clothes if you like, and I can assist the 'girls' with the makeup and hair. As for the weapon, it's too bad we can't just make your normal weapon look like a glaive with magic."

She looked to Vandomir almost expectantly, and with some disappointment as he mentioned not dressing up as much. It was probably for the best for her, she wasn't a noble and figured it was better to blend in a bit, still, she hoped he'd change his mind...among other things. She mused quietly, "I wonder what mask I should wear..."

Action 2
With the return of the scouting team, and the revelation of how Elsbeth and Hob managed to duplicate the key, Tillia smiled and said, "Great work, both of you. That key will be a big help."

Action 3
"I think we need to sneak someone into the ball as a servant, maybe a couple of them, so they can use the key to look at the layout, plan escape routes, and try to find anything else of interest."


female human sorceress 8 | HP 50/50, thp 0, nl 0 | AC 19, T 13, F 17 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | F +6, R +6, W +7 | Init +2 | Per +10 |
Spells:
1st 7/7, 2nd 7/7, 3rd 6/6, 4th 5/5
minor meta rod of intensify 3/3

Action 1
As the meeting wound down Rizolla looked for an opportunity to slip away for a time. She knew she might be needed during the upcoming ball, and would help if asked, but for now she simply wanted to go see the man she loved. She quickly made her way home and went to Xeno's tavern, slipping in unseen and making her way around to the back room where the tiefling man made his home for a much deserved...reunion.


male

Turn 355 - Master Key

Read the OOC.

Questions, comments, and/or suggestions?

Game on!

5,701 to 5,750 of 5,773 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / HELL'S REBELS ala Fabian Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.