Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Ludomancer


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,893 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"No argument here!" Praxim says, grabbing stuff off the bodies and loading it onto his pack.


Male Human Rogue 4

"Agreed. Back to Sandpoint."

Quinion wearily helps gather the loot.


Are you taking the horse with you?


Yes.
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Wild Empathy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Finding yourself back in Nettlewood, you wander in the approximate direction of South, back toward the Lost Coast Road. During your trek, you find yourself being watched, possibly stalked, by a figure hiding itself among the thistled briars. It's Shalelu, and she after inquiring of what you've accomplished at Thistletop, she helps lead you out of the woods, and accompanies you to Sandpoint.

When you return, Mayor Deverin, Sherriff Hemlock, and Father Zantus meet with you at the townhall to hear what you've discovered. You notice yourselves being watched by many of the townsfolk. Two men in particular almost seem to be following you. At the townhall, after you're finished telling your story, Zantus says disheartenedly, "So Ezekial Tobyn's remains have been offered to Lamashtu. It's a shame...it seems all this came about because of how he handled Nualia's situation. Hopefully they can both find peace in the afterlife."

During your meeting, a town guard enters the room, followed by the two men you noticed before. They introduce themselves as traveling merchants and tell you of the time their caravan was jumped by goblins. Both of their personal guards were killed by the goblins, and their horse Shadowmist was taken, but the two merchants managed to escape harm. "That horse you came into town with," one of them says, "that horse is our horse, Shadowmist. We're willing to pay you 250 gold pieces to have him back, so we can restart our travels. What do you say?"

Everyone is level 4.

Do you intend to return to the dungeon beneath Thistletop?


What about our prisoner, the magic lady? I presume she is taken into custody.
Markum is only to happy to accept the money from the merchants.

Markum does indeed plan to go back. There is at least one door we did not open so there could be more bad guys down there.

=============================================
Who has our list of loot?


After a night of rest, you head back to the Thistletop dungeon where you met Nualia, and open the door to the south.

The southern wing of this L-shaped hallway ends at a pair of stone doors carved with the depictions of two skeletons reaching out to clutch a skull between them, while to the east the hallway narrows down to frame a circular carving of what seems to be an immense stack of gold coins that rises from floor to ceiling. The edge of these coins are carved with tiny, spiky runes.

Map


OK. I guess we don't have a loot list. In that case, I need to get some healing items then I'll be ready.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

After resting for the night, with renewed vigor Rhianni takes the magical items that are still a mystery to her and studies them in the clear morning light.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Scroll
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Scroll
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 medallion
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 sword
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 breatplate
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 arrows x3


You can use read magic for the scrolls or I can if you don't have it. Also, Markum can help to identify now.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 medallion
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 sword
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 breastplate
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 arrows x3


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Yep she has read magic, just got into the spellcraft thing, without thinking, just to finish off the magical items...


The other scrolls have comprehend languages and whispering wind. The sword is a +1 bastard sword.

The medallion gives the wearer a permanent resistance and gentle repose effect, and allows the wearer to use false life once a day at caster level 5. The symbol on the medallion is beyond you (arcana/history DC 30), but you may be able to find someone who can tell you about it with a gather information check.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni, follows Markum as he explores, she grumbles about it being time to go back to town.


Who's the town expert in old stuff?


Maybe Father Zantus knows something. Maybe the mayor or sheriff. Maybe Ameiko.

Who knows?


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Try as Rhianni might, she is unable to think who might trade for the items. She suggests they return to Ameiko and tell her their story, asking her for any guidance as to the items and where they could be sold for the best price.

Knowledge(local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Rogue 4

"I certainly have no better idea. I really don't know the town as yet."


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"We may need to take a journey to Magnimar once we are sure the goblin threat has been eliminated. I'm sure we could hawk these unwanted items there."


Anyone have knowledge: local or diplomacy for a gather information check?


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Unfortunately, you can't find anyone who knows about the symbol on Nualia's medallion. There are a couple of shops, however, that will buy your magic items.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Each day Rhianni studies the magical items....
She casts read magic to identify the spells on the 2 scrolls, which haven't been identified yet.

Day 1
Spellcraft medallion (magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Spellcraft masterwork breastplate (magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Spellcraft masterwork bastard sword (magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Spellcraft suit of masterwork hide armor(magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Day 2
Spellcraft masterwork bastard sword (magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spellcraft suit of masterwork hide armor(magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Day 3
Spellcraft masterwork bastard sword (magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Spellcraft suit of masterwork hide armor(magical) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


The sword, scrolls, and medallion are as described above.

The hide armor and breastplate are both +1.


We never got the 3 magic arrows. Rhianni made a few days rolls, so I'll do the same with them.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


The arrows are +1 elf bane arrows.


As we go about town, we are sure to visit the chapel so that Father Zanthus can tell us of the two holy symbols we have.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Good with that, Rhianni would very much like to go back to report the journey and happenings to Ameiko.

Rhianni isn't keen to go back to Thistletop without a good reason, or if the cards guided her there.


So, are you going back to Thistletop?


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

They are at some point soon, to deal with this extra guy that's down there somewhere and make sure all the goblins have been eliminated. First, somebody good at Diplomacy should see what kind of deal they can get for the magical loot. I think Praxim is pretty high up there with a modifier.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


We've reported to the sheriff and turned over the prisoner.
We've had the magic items identified and appraised.
We've sold the items we had for sale and each share is just over 1000 gold.
We have not found anyone that recognizes odd star symbol. If it's ok with the group, Markum will use it.

The only thing left is for folks to spend any money they have so we can get back to adventuring.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Are there any shops in Sandpoint with magic items for sale, even something like a +1 resistance cloak?


Thanks to Praxim's haggling (and likely, the party's status as heroes), the party was able to get more than they'd otherwise get. Everyone gets an additional 205 gold pieces.

You can find a +1 cloak of resistance for sale in Sandpoint.

If everyone's ready, let's pick up from here:

Varisian Chronicler wrote:

The southern wing of this L-shaped hallway ends at a pair of stone doors carved with the depictions of two skeletons reaching out to clutch a skull between them, while to the east the hallway narrows down to frame a circular carving of what seems to be an immense stack of gold coins that rises from floor to ceiling. The edge of these coins are carved with tiny, spiky runes.

Map


So what's going on?


If everyone is done shopping, we get back to Thistletop.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Agreed. The shopping is done, so they return to Thistletop to investigate the two stone doors. Praxim does his usual detect evil, though warns everybody that the stone may be too thick for his Erastil-granted senses to detect anything.


Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion shrugs, "Then we go in and see what we see."


Praxim:
You detect evil on the other side of the doors...three separate auras of moderate strength, all within 15 feet of each other.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"Hold up. I say that, but it's obviously not thick enough. There are three...somethings...pretty strong, too. It's hard to tell with just a direction, but I'd say they're here, here, and here."


Markum readies his scimitar and activates his new medallion. False Life 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
"Well let's get it on."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni, less than enthuiastic returning to Thistletop, holds back trying to hide in the shadows of the walls whilst the others move move on.

Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Four pillars support the domed ceiling of this room. Several alcoves containing sarcophagi grace the walls, and a statue of a stern man wielding a glaive and holding a book stands at the far end of the chamber.

There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Map


Markum casts Magic Fang on Vuvo and Barkskin on himself before they enter the room.

Markum Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Vuvo Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Scent, aid another


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim concentrates long enough to (hopefully) pin down the locations of these auras.


Praxim:
You detect a presence in the statue, another just below the floor behind the statue, and one in the wall on your right.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"They're inside the statue, the floor, and the wall. Incorporeal buggers, maybe?"


That gives Markum pause. "Uh, maybe you should go first."


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"I'm not really sure what good we could do against something that can just pass through solid rock. I don't have that kind of magic."


Who's going first?


Markum rolls his eyes. "Keep a sharp nose out Vuvo." Markum goes in first, moving cautiously, Vuvo trails behind him.

Markum Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Vuvo Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Scent, aid another


Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion will follow Markum, looking over the floor and wall for any hidden panels or catches.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (+2 if Trapfinding is relevant)

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,893 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.