Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Ludomancer


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,893 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion will cross the haal and listen at the next door before opening it...this time he'll also check for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception (Trapfinding): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

If he hears/detects nothing unusual, he will open it and move forward.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"Careful as we move on Quninion. Hold before you move on." Rhianni speaks arcane words and Quinion disappears from view just before he opens the door. "Ortik, ready we might enter first. Markum and Praxim, hide behind the wall, I'll try and coax whatever is there out here."

Any evil auras in this place? Or from behind the door?


Anyone wanna do anything before Quinion opens the door?


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni covers her face, if possible, with the robes of the mage she is wearing.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim hangs back around a corner and readies an arrow on his string.


This short hallway rises in a slope to the east. Five feet from the western door, the floor is polished and shiny, unlike the dusty floor elsewhere. A pair of stone statues depicting stern men wielding glaives stand in the acloves north and south of this section of the hallway. At the eastern end stand two stone doors, their faces carved with strange runes. Between the doors is a third aclove in which a partially collapsed statue sits. The top half of the statue is missing, leaving behind a ragged stump of a torso.

Map

Unless otherwise stated, every area you come to on the floor is sloped down to the west, and the air quality and temperature remains the same.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni stops and looks at the statues, trying to recognize anything about them that would give a clue as to what they are doing here, other than be purely decorative. On her puzzled face, she concentrates and uses the forces of the arcane to aid her.

Knowledge(any) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Knowledge(Arcana) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Casts Detect Magic Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Before going on, I need some details. Where did you leave the female spellcaster? Where is everyone in marching order, including Orik?


Male Human Rogue 4

Unless anyone had other plans, the female wizard was bound and gagged and left up at the room where we fought her. She had her spell components removed (Quinion has not reservations about being *very* thorough in that regard.

As to current placement, Quinion would be right by the door he just opened.


That should be bound, gagged, unconscious, and left in the room where we fought her.

Markum and Vuvo, in protest to this plan, would be in the rear of the line. Note that Vuvo is not in protest. He's just staying close to Markum.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Quinion would be invisible when he opened the door, then Rhianni dressed as the mage, Orik, Praxim one side of the door, Markum and Vuvo the other....if they are following Rhianni's suggested course of action....hushed music, just the beating of a heart..then...here comes the trap...


As Rhianni stops between the statues, a pair of iron portcullises falls, threatening to trap the fortune teller between them and the statues. Make a Reflex save to leap to either side and state which side you leap to.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni tries to leap to the left as the trap is activated.

Reflex save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Rhianni makes haste, but still gets trapped between the portcullises as they hit the ground with a loud clang...perhaps loud enough to alert the entire floor. The two statues to the north and south begin slashing at the space between them, their glaives tearing apart Rhianni (13 dmg).

Everyone has one round to act before the trap continues.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim leaps from hiding to try lifting the portcullis.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Alas, the gate doesn't even budge. "HELP ME!" he growls at Markum and Quinion.


"Told you he was going to betray us."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Not sure if Rhianni is included in the actions, but if she is...

Rhianni cries out in pain as shock as the statues attack, grasping at her bleeding wounds. Despite the pain she manages to concentrate long enough to bring to mind the last spell she cast, she disappears from sight.

Cast vanish on herself.


Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion looks for a reset mechanism for the trap. If he finds none, and there is still time to do so, he'll attempt to reset it manually (i.e. Disable Device)
Trapfinding: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


There doesn't seem to be any reset mechanism for the trap or any way to reset it manually.

Rhianni briefly disappears before being sliced open again by the glaives of the statues (8 dmg). As she hits the ground, dying, the space of the floor underneath opens up, dropping Rhianni into a pit below, 10 feet underground (5 dmg).

The floor then closes up and the iron portcullises raise, allowing passage.


"I told you he would betray us." Markum says more forcefully as he leaps at Orik.

Markum Scimitar:
to hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human Rogue 4

"What the hell are you doing? He has nothing to do with this! Praxim, can you restrain this nut before he kills someone with his delusions?"

Quinion then turns his back on Markum, ignoring further discussion as he studies the trap....

Can Quinion disable the blades part of the trap and trigger the pit?
Trapfinding: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

If he can do so, his next action after that is to get into the pit with Rhianni and put a healing potion down her throat...
Cure Moderate: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11


Quinion and Rhianni:
You can open the floor without activating the entire trap. It takes three rounds before you're convinced the glaives won't slice you apart, and you open the trap door. Thankfully, the glaives stay in place. You drop down and, like a cat, you end up landing on your feet. Rhianni lies there, and you're not sure she's still breathing. Quickly forcing the liquid into her mouth, she's still for a moment, before coughing and sputtering, and her breathing appears normal again.

Rhianni remains unconscious.

Rhianni, make three stabilize checks to see how many more hit points you lose before being cured.


Praxim:
You see Quinion fumble around with parts of the trap and eventually make his way into the pit beneath the floor. While Markum goes after Orik, at the other end of the trapped room, a familiar face appears from the door to the north. It's Bruthazmus!


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"Markum. Leave him alone. It's the bugbear!"

Praxim knocks and looses at the bugbear.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 + 1 more if he's within 30 feet. Praxim will move up to just before the trap if he has to to get the brute with point blank range.
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 + 1 more if close enough


Markum is dubious about Orik's innocence here, but he stops attacking. Slowly Markum takes his eyes off Orik and scans for the bugbear.
For his part, Vuvo didn't want to go after Orik anyway.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

VC:

Stabilization Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Stabilization Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Stabilization Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Fails all checks....


Round 1

Orik prepares for the attack, placing his shield in front of him. "..BUT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" he yells. Neither Vuvo nor Markum come close to hitting the heavy-armored warrior. "Get this brute away from me before I skin him and his dog!"

Meanwhile, the bugbear charges at Praxim with his massive flail, curiously without fear of the trap, ducking underneath the elf's flying arrow. Bruthazmus attacks wrecklessly, but Praxim still only barely moves out of flail's path.

PCs act first.

round 2.


Markum casts Flaming Sphere underneath Bruthazmus (Ref dc 14 or 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15 damage)

If there's enough room, Vuvo will move to attack.
Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim backs up a step and unleashes an arrow nearly point blank at the brute's face.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

If there wasn't room, he instead drew his sword and the damage was...1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Rogue 4

I'm assuming that Quinion is using this round to get himself out of the pit. If he has any movement left, he'll use it to draw a weapon and get into a flanking position.


Round 2

The bugbear howls, taking the full effect of the flaming sphere, while the elf's arrow adds to injury. Bruthazmus retreats, heading back into the room he came out of.

Quinion crawls out from underneath the trap floor by himself. Rhianni remains underneath the floor.


Markum moves the flaming sphere inside the doorway to room that the bugbear retreated into. He then jumps over the pit to continue the chase.
Markum Acrobatics 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Vuvo Acrobatics 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Male Human Rogue 4

"Rhianni's stable for now, but I'm out of healing."

Quinion will draw his other blade and make ready.


Round 3

Praxim waits in place while Markum, his dog, and his flaming sphere chase the bugbear. Through the door is a large round room. A wide stone ledge of red marble lines the curving walls of this room, which is well-lit by four burning skulls that sit in each corner. Three chairs rest in the room, and both stone ledges are covered with books, scrolls, teeth, bones, scrimshaw artwork, jars of deformed creatures soaking in brine, taxidermied animals and limbs, and other strange objects. To the north, a large round fountain filled with frothy blue water fills the room with the gentle sound of bubbling.

Bruthazmus is in the center of the room, his back turned to you. On the other side of him, a tall, shapely, silver-haired aasimar woman wearing a dark metal breastplate, with one of her hands, casts a healing spell on the bugbear, and you see some of his burns cured. The woman's other "hand" is a demonic-looking red talon. Her bare midriff shows has large scars and wounds across her belly. A yeth hound stands next to the woman, and it raises its head and howls (DC 12 Will save or be panicked).

Aasimar

Map

PCs have initiative.

Praxim and Quinion:
Orik's armor gives away the mercenary's attempt to sneak away. You see him head back up the stairs.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

"Quinion, help Markum and Vuvo. I'll tend to Rhianni."

Praxim reaches down under the trap floor to lay hands on Rhianni.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 and remove sickened condition

If that wakens her, and he has movement left, he'll move after Markum; otherwise, he stays put and helps her more next round.


Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion notes Orik's retreat, but shrugs it off, and moves up to support Markum.

Can't blame him really, since we attacked him unprovoked.

Is it possible to get past Bruthazmus on the diagonal? If so, Quinion will attempt to do so, using Acrobatics to avoid an AOO.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

He'll then take a swipe at Bruthazmus at the end of the movement, fighting defensively

Shortsword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 - Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Current AC: 20

...wow...craptastic rolls


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

At Praxim's touch Rhianni's eyes open and she looks around groggily, raising her head slightly from the floor. "What happened, I thought I would die?" She moves her hand to her head, "It hurts so." She stays still looking up at Praxim, watching as he decides what to do next.

DM VC:
I make it Rhianni is on 4HPs, let me know if its incorrect.


This is gonna hurt. Markum motions for the ball of fire to 'attack' the bugbear once again (Ref sv dc 14 or 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8 damage). He then switches places with Vuvo and begins casting a spell (Summon Nature's Ally II) while Vuvo moves in to attack the bugbear.
Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Except for Rhianni, everyone needs to make a Will save.

Rhianni:
I have you at 4 HP, as well.


Darn! I was hoping to have passed automatically due to my shear awesomeness.

Markum Will 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Vuvo Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Oh oh! Markum is chasing after that traitorous mercenary. Yeah, that's the ticket.


Male Human Rogue 4

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 - Feh


See. I'm not the only one that wants a piece of that sniveling merc.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Praxim, brave as ever, ignores the hound's howl.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

DM VC:

If Rhianni hears the sounds of he howl, she immediately starts to sing a poem of good triumphing over the minions of hell.
Using Bardic Performance - Countersong - Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard's Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard's Perform skill check result for the save.
Perform(sing) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Round 4

Markum and Quinion drop their weapons and run away at the sound of the beast's yell.

The flaming sphere continues forward and burns the bugbear again. Vuvo attacks and bites into the bugbear's side and flips him over on his side. Despite the aasimar's healing, the bugbear looks worse for wear. Bruthazmus screams, "AHHHH! Help me, Nualia!" The aasimar points at Markum's companion and utters infernal words. Vuvo DC 13 Will save. If he saves, he's shaken. If he fails, he's frightened and flees. The yeth hound flies over the bugbear to attack Vuvo, missing.

The pit is 10 feet deep and it'll take a full round to climb out. I'm assuming Praxim climbs out this round. The yeth hound is hovering over the bugbear, who is prone.

Map

The double lines and squiggly line are wear Quinion and Markum dropped their weapons.

Round 5.

Quinion and Markum continue to flee.

Rhianni:
Unfortunately, Markum and Quinion are out of range of your countersong by the time you can use it. You can take another action for round 4 if you want.


Vuvo Will sv 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Vuvo continues to bite the wounded and prone bugbear.
Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
This is the last round of the flaming sphere.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni struggles out of the trap and starts after her friends, continuing to sing the ballad of good triumphant.

Perform(sing) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

DM VC:

Rhianni's allies get a Will save from Rhianni's perform sing, to counter the effects of the howl, from her bardic countersong, once they get into 30ft range.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim tries to remember what command word Markum uses for "fall back" for Vuvo (has Markum ever voluntarily "fallen back" from a battle:) ) and barks it. He picks up Markum's weapon, moves 5 feet and picks up Quinion's swords.


Round 4

Bruthazmus gets up from the floor, leaving an opening for Vuvo to bite off another piece of the bugbear.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Round 5

Praxim picks up the dropped weapons, while Vuvo withdraws from the fight. The yeth hound follows the dog, however, and attacks, but misses again.

Round 6

Markum and Quinion contine to run around the upper floor of the dungeon.


The bugbear has to make one final save vs the Flaming Sphere.
DC 14 Damage 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) = 14

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,893 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.