Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Ludomancer


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,893 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5
Varisian Chronicler wrote:
No move or standard actions?

Rhianni thinks the others have the creature under control and it will soon be no more, yet she keeps her eyes mainly on the battle. She moves towards the altar looking to see what might be there.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Round 7

Quinion picks up his weapons and prepares to attack.

Praxim hits but doesn't damage the creature.

Round 8.

Rhianni:
You see smears of ash and bits of bone on the altar, like there was a recent burnt offering here.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Rinse, repeat.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Rogue 4

Not speaking, Quinion steps forward and strikes.

Shortsword 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 - Dmg 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Shortsword 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 - Dmg 1d6 ⇒ 4

Critical Confirmation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 - WooHoo!
Critical Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1 - Feh!


It's round 8 now.


What is up with this place? Are there any encounters that don't take all that we have?

Markum Silver Dagger: flank
to hit 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim slashes at the hound yet again.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The meta-gamist in me wants to move aside and let Quinion get the flank, but that's not really knowledge that Praxim would have.


Male Human Rogue 4

(right there with you...Quinion's a bit too hell-bent on proving himself to ask anyone to move right now.(

Shortsword 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 - Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Shortsword 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Quinion's eyes narrow as he watches his blades slide harmlessly off of the creature.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni gasps, "Ewww that's nasty, someone has sacrifices something here...Eeeeww not at all nice." She searches the altar, and hoping to learn more, in case it can aid her friends, before...
Rhianni turns and watches on as her friends make heavy weather in taking down the hound.

Knowledge(any) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 using Bardic Knowledge, to find out about the altar...Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 to discover something on the alter and surroundings.


Sorry I wasn't clear, I just needed Markum's action for round 8.

Round 8

Markum and Vuvo keep the beast at bay, avoiding further damage, while Quinion and Praxim hack at it, but do no damage.

Markum is up.

Rhianni:
You don't see anything that could help your friends.


Markum Silver Dagger: flank
to hit 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Round 9

Markum's dagger sinks into the yeth hound's shoulder, while Vuvo does his best to bite through its skin. The monster fights back, but its attack is dodged. Praxim barely pricks the creature's hide, while Quinion can't even do that much.

The hound is poor condition.

Next round.


Male Human Rogue 4

Quinion will do what he can...

Shortsword 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 - Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Shortsword 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 - Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1

...which is nothing


Markum Silver Dagger:
to hit 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The dice hate me. They hate me I tell you.


Vuvo bites down the yeth hounds neck, causing enough damage to make it fall and bleed out.

End of combat.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim, already starting to get winded again, gratefully drops his arms and cleans his sword as Vuvo takes down his monstrous kin.

"Take heart, Quinion. That was an unnatural fear those things instilled in us. You bear no shame." That last sentence was directed more at Markum than Quinion.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni sighs loudly in relief as the friends finally defeat the hounds. Her head hangs low, as a release of the tension caused by the fight is heard in her voice, "Well fought, I tried but ... well, there was little I could do." She turns away as a tear falls down her face, as she continues "But here on this altar are ashes and bones, some sordid sacrifice maybe took place. I don't know why? I think we should find out about this evil place, what who and why were these evil practices going on. Though could these be the remains of the Father we seek?"


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxis smiles a pearly-white, winning smile at her and days, "Worry not, my dear. You do much to contribute to our endeavors. Sometimes, there is simply men's work to be done."


"What are you whining about? You told me that silver can hurt the stupid things. Without that I probably would have kept hacking away with my sword rather than switch weapons."

How's everyone look.
Markum 10/30 hp; full spells until healing
Vuvo 17/20 hp


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni turns to see the appreciation of Praxim, though she is unsure how to take Markum's comments. he's a gruff one, quick to action and ... well a man of few words. she continues to look around the room, "Praxim, what do you make of this, the altar, the ashes and bones? You're a man of the gods, what do you think."

She looks for evidence that the remains may be those of Lady Ameiko's father.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

17/24 hp at the moment.

Wow! How chauvinistic is Praxim going to have to get before Rhianni even bats an eyelid!? :)

Praxim retrieves his bow and checks it for damage.
He also attempts to retrieve the arrow that missed (safe on a 1 - 1d2 ⇒ 1). He picks it up, confirms that it's shaft is uncracked, and puts it back in his quiver. Then he heads over to the altar for a look. He stands there for a moment, checking out any symbols or carvings, running his hands over any writing, and then pronounces, "It's an altar. To somebody bad, I'd say. And those look like bones on it. You may be right."


Male Human Rogue 4

...ondering that myself, but I figure it's her call :)

"Considering the carvings on the door, I think it's safe to say this altar is to Lamashtu"


You can't find any clues as to whose remains are on the altar.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

@Praxim... much more chauvinistic.. Rhianni doesn't really like getting too close to a fight, rather hide and use her magic to make things interesting.. she really isn't all that good at adventuring yet... hoping she'll live long enough to get better at it!! And hey, if you open a door for her, she'll even walk through with a nod of thanks .. :)


Rhianni, can you heal Praxim? I'll cast Cure Light Wounds for myself.
CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim will use a lay on hands on himself.
2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Now at full!


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

After finding nothing to help, Rhianni asks, "Should we take the ashes and bones with us?" Before she looks around the chapel's main body at the carvings and stonework, not really sure what she's looking at, ther than some images may be revolting to her.

Roll for Rhianni, if you need a roll VC.
Rhianni has 1 CLW left..What do you guys want to do now...if we can't find anything of interest, we going out the double doors at the end of the chapel?


"Why would we want to carry around those bones. Once we cleared this place, we can come back and take care of them."
I agree. If we are done, let's keep moving.


Rhianni:
What are you making a check for?


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

VC:

Looking for anything that is out of place or fallen in the body of the chapel.


Rhianni:
There doesn't seem to be anything out of place.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Finding nothing that interests her, Rhianni turns to the others, "Where to next?"


Through the double doors.


You are back in the hallway outside the double doors.

Map


North through the door then east through two doors into the room with the big table.

Markum Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Vuvo Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Scent, aid another


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Agreed, assuming they get that far.

"You'd think with Quinion running through the halls screaming like that, we'd have attracted that bugbear's attention. He's probably lying in wait somewhere."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

"Really Praxim, you think he's still here. I thought he was frightened off earlier? OooH! we'd best be careful then." The woman looks around nervously as she follows the others north.


Male Human Rogue 4

"It depends on whether his pride overcomes his common sense. He is without allies now, so I don't htink he can survive another fight with us...but this is his home, such as it is."

Quinion thinks for a moment, "He may well be going and gathering allies to assault us once more. If we don't find him or anything else here, I suggest we go through whatever is necessary to deconsecrate the temple, and then return to Sandpoint. Those documents are troubling."


You make it back to the table room without encounter.


Wait! I just noticed that in the hall south of where we fought the the bugbear and goblins there are two doors that we didn't search. I thought we had looked in all those rooms. VC, is that an oversight on your part or ours? If ours, can we retconn to have a look into them? If yours, we'll continue through the door on the west wall of the table room.


Those rooms were explored. I just mistakenly cropped them out.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Finding herself back at the workshop, Rhianni's eyes seem to sparkle. With a joyful lilt in her voice she says, "We're back here, does that mean we've scared that nasty creature away, are we safe now? You know, now that it's safe here, we should make a determined look for the remains of Lady Ameiko's father, I'm sure she doesn't want to have his ashes used as part of some evil incantation." Her skirts swishes as she turns to look once more around the room. "And I wonder what these keys we found earlier should open, do you think they are important?" She sits down on the stool and cups her chin in her hand, her elbows on her knees outlined in the red skirt that hangs loosely down. She lets out a sigh and starts to think over what they should do? To look around and search the place or return to Lady Ameiko's Inn. Hmmm!


It was not Ameiko's father that went missing. We found him in the glassworks under a sheet of glass (a truly gruesome sight). It was the corpse of the old priest, Father Tobyn, who was the father of a girl with celestial blood named Nualia that was taken from his grave.

"We don't have time for you to rest just yet, we need to make sure the goblins and all their allies are taken care of." Markum heads to the room with the table and opens the door on the east wall. He won't wait on the others if they don't immediatly follow.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5
Markum wrote:

It was not Ameiko's father that went missing. We found him in the glassworks under a sheet of glass (a truly gruesome sight). It was the corpse of the old priest, Father Tobyn, who was the father of a girl with celestial blood named Nualia that was taken from his grave.

Whoops, thanks for the correction.

Rhianni watches Markum as he suddenly stomps off towards the doors and leaves, she looks around to the others, wondering what to do.

She follows Praxim and Quinion if they follow Markum.


F/R/W: +9/+9/+9 AC/T/FF: 25/15/21; CMD: 23; Perc: +13; Init: +6; Max HP: 60 Current HP: 60

Praxim follows Markum with a shrug and smile for Rhianni.


Male Human Rogue 4

Used to it by now, Quinion follows without comment.


A large wooden worktable sits in the middle of this room, its surface cluttered with scrolls, books, stone tablets covered with dense, spiky runes, and fragments of carvings that appear to have been chipped off of statues or bas-reliefs. To the north, a floor-to-ceiling set of wooden shelves sag with picks, shovels, brushes, lanterns, and other equipment one might expect to see an archeological site.

Two humans are in this room. In the opposite corner is a cloaked, dark-skinned woman in her early twenties. She scowls at your intrustion. Meanwhile, just ahead of you is a tall, rugged, tanned man, armed with a large sword and large steel shield. He jumps and stands ready to attack.

Behind the man on the other side of the room, an otherwise secret door hangs open.

Map

Humans

Roll initiative.


Markum Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Markum attacks the man while Vuvo goes after the woman. Both accepting any AoO's to reach their targets.
Markum Scimitar:
to hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Vuvo Bite:
to hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Sorcerer 6
Spoiler:
HPs: 18/42 AC:13/T11/F12 Fort+3 Ref+4 Will+6(+8 illusions) Init +6, Perc +5

Rhianni follows the others into the room, her mouth gasps open at he sight of the man and woman.

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Rogue 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28...excellent

Quinion moves inattempting to place himself in a good position to allow the others to flank the woman with him.

Acrobatics (to avoid AoOs): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

He then strikes at the woman, considering her the more dangerous of the two.

Single Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 I'm assuming this is vs. Flat-footed AC...
Base Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,893 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.