Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Ludomancer


51 to 100 of 1,893 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Lym views the field of battle and tries to pick the place where she can do the most good. Almost as quickly as they are engaged, three of the Goblins are slain, leaving the one on the giant rat and the one currently under attack from the monk.

'Bother,' Lym thinks as she skirts Kaddok and his opponent, 'that leaves only one target, doesn't it?'

With a hoarse battlecry, Lym attacks the Goblin Dog's rider, using her staff to best effect.

Provided each square is a 5-foot square, I should be able to move around Kaddok's Goblin without provoking an AoO and reach the Goblin Dog in the same round, right? Attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9. Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 4. On a sidenote: do we have a healer in the group? ^^;


Surprise Round

Nial brings his sword down on the goblin, cutting open its shoulder.

Round 1

Vuvo moves in to take down the rat-like dog, but the mount's master expertly maneuvers the goblin-dog, avoiding harm to his pet. The goblin parries Nial's strike while the mount dodges Markum's, striking back at the heroes. The goblin's halberd swipes at a downward angle at Nial, who sidesteps the attack, and the goblin-dog snaps at Markum in fury, but doesn't come close to hitting.

...to be continued...


Markum wrote:

no charge during surprise round. Got it.

After defeating their foes, Markum and Vuvo move to converge upon the mounted goblin. Both attacking the mount.

Markum:
Attack 1d20+2 damage 1d6+2

Vuvo:
Attack 1d20+3 damage 1d6+3 trip 1d20+3

Vuvo's attack was an auto-hit/possible crit (I only now noticed). Did the goblin move out of his movement range?

Continue to attack the goblin dog. Hopefully we can flank. Flank bonus not added.

Markum:
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Vuvo:
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Ulfen Fighter 2

Varg steps to the nearest conscious goblin and attacks.

Attack = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage = 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

'Time to knock you off your perch, if I can,' Lym thinks as she takes another swing at the Goblin.

Attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 5. Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 4.


Kaddok, I couldn't get clarification from you, so I have you still standing toe-to-toe with the goblin on foot.

Round 1

The last standing goblin stabs Kaddok in the thigh (3 dmg), spraying himself with the monk's blood. Kaddok lunges forward with a straight punch, following it up with a spinning back fist. The latter hits the goblin in the face, displacing his nose to the side.

Lym circles around and moves over to the rider and swings and misses. Varg helps out Kaddok, moving to his side and skewering the goblin through its side. Varg pulls out his bloodied sword and the goblin falls to ground, bleeding out.

Round 2 is up.

In front of the White Deer

Lym and Markum, I already have your actions for round 2, no need to post for this round.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Okay. Does Lym provide a flanking bonus to the other people attacking the Goblin on la ratta grande? ^^


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

Kaddok's fingers alight on his fresh wound, coming away bloody. He scowls, and launches himself at the goblin rider.

Charging the only guy left. Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8. Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Round 2

The goblin-dog howls in agony as Vuvo bites into its leg, ripping it open. Nial tries to follow up with an attack, but misses, as does Markum, whose sword swings wide and almost flies out of his grip. The rider continues his assault, slashing downward and hitting Nial's chest, opening up a good-sized gash (6 dmg). The mount continues to try to chew on Markum's flesh, but the druid brings up his shield just in time, causing the goblin-dog to bite down on wood. Kaddok charges in and tries to knock down the goblin with a kick, but his mark is off. Likewise, Lym still can't hit with her staff.

Round 3 is up.

White Deer

Lym doesn't give or get a flanking bonus in the spot she's currently in.


Markum and Vuvo continue to attack the mount. Each of them take a 5 foot step counterclockwise to give, and get, a flanking bonus.

Markum
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Vuvo
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Trip 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


I forgot...Vuvo needs to make a Fort check.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Lym takes another jab at the Goblin rider, cursing under her breath the whole time.

Attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 10. Damage roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3.


Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

Taking advantage of the dog's distraction, Kaddok plants his feet and gives the goblin the ol' one-two.

Attacks: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24. Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Round 3

Vuvo hacks up the flesh stuck in his mouth, then catches the middle of the goblin-dog's back in his muzzle and bites down hard, breaking the spine and killing the mount. The goblin dismounts and lands on his feet easily enough, only to have the back of his neck cut open by Markum. As the goblin falls to the ground, Kaddok pummels him for good measure.

End combat.

Vuvo needs to make another Fort check.

More to come...


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"Is that it?" Lym asks, her voice breathless and tense. "Are there any more coming, or are we done?" She glances at the man hiding behind the barrel. "Hey!" she calls to him. "Are you alright?"


Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

Kaddok wipes his hands on his pants, and looks around, taking stock of the situation.

Perception: Taking 10 for 16.


Looking around, you see the goblins flee Sandpoint en masse, heading northward, some of them leaping off cliffs to avoid capture.

Once the last of the goblins in the area goes down, the man behind the barrel comes out and greets the heroes. He's dressed in noble's clothing. "Thank you so much! They killed my dog and were gonna kill me!" He's on the edge of tears and looks around nervously for more goblins. "My name is Aldern. Aldern Foxglove.

"I'd like to reward you for saving me. I'll be staying at the Rusty Dragon for the next few days. When you get a chance, come visit me, and we'll talk it over. OK?"


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

"Just doing my job, sir," replies Kaddok.


"OK. You're welcome. Now you should run along and stay safe." Markum seems a little unsure about the noble.


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"If you do what should be a good deed only for reward, the only reward you deserve is material," Lym says, sounding as if she is quoting philosophy. Or perhaps scripture. She grounds her quarterstaff and lets out a long breath. "Well, that was exciting," she continues, and looks around at the people she's fought beside. "Lym Blackhand's my name, how do you all do?"


Markum moves next to Vuvo who is sniffing the corpses of the goblin dog and rider. Both decide that the meat is rancid and leave them to finish rotting. As an introduction he says,” I am Markum of the Shriikirri Quah and this is Vuvo.” Even though he has fought alongside these people, he is still a bit unsure about them and there is some challenge in his voice and stance.


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

"Deputy Kaddok Broken Sky. Born and raised in Sandpoint, but also of the Sklar-Quah. Nice to meet you all. Especially you Markum, I don't often get the chance to meet other Shoanti."

He kneels down next to the dog-rider's corpse, and begins searching it it for something that might explain this sudden attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


((Markum greets Kaddok in Shoanti))


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

Behind the veil, Lym's eyes light up and she suddenly starts to speak:

Shoanti:
"Ah! You gentlemen belong to the indigenous population! What good fortune, I had been hoping to speak to some Shoanti about your religious customs and tribal histories. Could we arrange something, perhaps ...?"


Male Ulfen Fighter 2
Kaddok wrote:
Perception: 1d20+6

If Perception may be important in searching the goblins, maybe Markum should be doing the searching, as he has the best Perception score.


Male Ulfen Fighter 2

Varg approaches Nial. "That's a nasty gash in your chest. Let me tend to it." He touches Nial's chest, closes his eyes, and chants the words to a healing spell.

Nothing whatsoever happens to the wound.


You really doesn't need a high perception to search goblins.

Markum slowly turns his back on the crazy woman who thinks I'm going to just tell her stuff about me.


Aldern approaches Lym. "Perhaps you and your companions need a place to sleep for the next few nights?"


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"Oh, we've only just met, so I wouldn't presume to speak for them," Lym replies with a gracious hand gesture. "But as for me, I'd welcome a place to bed down for the coming days. I've been travelling hard."


"Great!" Aldern exlaims. He address everyone present. "You're all invited to stay at the Rusty Dragon for the rest of week, on me. If you'd meet me there later on, I'll have something else for you."

Lona:
You're in Sandpoint during the goblin raid and help defend the city from the invaders. After the trouble has pretty much passed and the goblins have fled north, you notice a man in noble's clothing, looking somewhat despondant, walking down the street, when a lone goblin scraggler comes out of nowhere and attacks him. Rushing to his aid, you quickly dispatch of the goblin.

The man introduces himself as "Aldern" and offers his gratitude, asking you to meet him later at the Rusty Dragon for a reward.


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

"I think Sheriff Hemlock would frown on me taking rewards for doing my job, sir," says Kaddok, "thank you for the offer, though."


Male Ulfen Fighter 2
Kaddok wrote:
He kneels down next to the dog-rider's corpse, and begins searching it it for something that might explain this sudden attack.

Did Kaddok find anything?

Varisian Chronicler wrote:

"Great!" Aldern exlaims. He address everyone present. "You're all invited to stay at the Rusty Dragon for the rest of week, on me. If you'd meet me there later on, I'll have something else for you."

Varg gives one last disappointed look at Nial, and turns to Aldern. "Thank you! I'm touched by your hospitality and generosity, which as a newcomer, I'm most grateful to accept."

(As soon as the conversation with Aldern is over - because I assume it isn't over yet - Varg will search however many goblins he can before the other PCs join in and search as well. I'll want to single out any valuable items that may belong to the Sandpoint locals. That is, if any items have signs that indicate their previous owners, I'll want to return those items. It might make me a few MORE friends in Sandpoint.)


The proud Shoanti responds, "I will find my rest elsewhere, but I am willing to meet with you."


Female Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Rogue 1

Aldern:
It would be a pleasure to meet with you again. Perhaps we can get past the commotions and troubles of this day together over some fine food and spirits.

(OOC, to DM)With Lona's (limited) local knowledge, would Lona know anything about this man?


In Shoanti

Spoiler:
Kaddock, where can I find a good place to rest?


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

Shoanti: "I'm sure my parents would be happy to take you in. I'll take you there once we get things sorted here."


There's nothing on the goblin that shows the reason behind the raid.

Lona:
You'd need to make a Knowledge (Local) check to find out.

The characters are free to explore the city, make purchases, etc.

To those who meet with Aldern:

This large, old building serves as the nest for the rusted iron statue of a dragon looming on its roof. Inside, the dining area is homely. Sitting at one of the tables is Aldern, and he notices you immediately, greeting you with a genuinely cheery smile. "Welcome! Sit down, please."

When everyone takes a seat or gets comfortable, Aldern continues. "Well...I'm here on a trip, and will be for a few more days. Before returning home, I was hoping to go on a boar hunt, and would like to know if any of you would join me. How 'bout it?"

Inside the Rusty Dragon (created by Gr4ys)
Aldern


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8

"An ... interesting offer," Lym replies. "But I am not certain that I would be the best person to pick for such strenuous activities. I understand boar hunting is best done with longspears and bows, and I possess neither of those."


"A boar hunt! Sounds delightful!" Lona turns to Lym and smiles. "The hunt would be great fun, for the company of the spread of cheers, if not for the hunt itself. Come, you should join us, and experience it first hand!" She pauses thoughtfully. "I don't think I've seen you around much. Have you been in town long?"

Knowledge: Local [roll]1d20+3[/roll]


Knowledge: Local again 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


"A good hunt would be nice."


Male Ulfen Fighter 2
Varisian Chronicler wrote:
There's nothing on the goblin that shows the reason behind the raid.

Is there anything on the goblins at all, even things that do NOT show the reason behind the raid?

Varisian Chronicler wrote:
When everyone takes a seat or gets comfortable, Aldern continues. "Well...I'm here on a trip, and will be for a few more days. Before returning home, I was hoping to go on a boar hunt, and would like to know if any of you would join me. How 'bout it?"

"I'd be delighted."


Female Half-Orc Wizard 5/Cyphermage 2; Init. +2; Perception +3; AC 17 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +3 Mage Armour.); HP 44/50; Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8
VinGoodman wrote:
Lona turns to Lym and smiles. "The hunt would be great fun, for the company of the spread of cheers, if not for the hunt itself. Come, you should join us, and experience it first hand!" She pauses thoughtfully. "I don't think I've seen you around much. Have you been in town long?"

"If you say so, miss," Lym replies in a doubtful tone. "Dear me, though ... I never thought I'd be hunting for wild pigs on this trip ... And no, I have not been in town for long. I am a travelling scholar; Lym Blackhand is my name, how do you do?" Lym rises and extends a hand to Lona. "I came to this country in hopes of researching the oral culture of the Shoanti, and perhaps study the ancient Thassilonian monuments. And you are ...?"


Lona takes Lym's hand in acceptance of the greeting. "A traveller, how marvelous! You'll have to tell us of the wonders you've undoubtedly encountered along the way. I'm afraid I can't help much with the Shoanti culture, although there are many here who can readily provide the information you may find interesting. As for the Thassilonian monuments, perhaps we can take a few days down the road and pay them a visit. I'd love to hear what you know and learn about them!"

Turning to Aldern, "Do you think we'll make it back in time for The Harpy's Curse's opening tomorrow night? I hear Allishanda is simply marvelous! Or perhaps we'd wait until the day after the morrow for the hunt?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Rogue 1

To DM:

Spoiler:
The knowledge: local roll (19) was per the earlier correspondence regarding what Lona knows about Aldern


Male Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Favored Class)

While the rest meet with the nobleman, Kaddok tracks down Sheriff Hemlock and reports in.

"It looks like the raid has been routed, sir. Where do you need me?"


The dead goblins have nothing except their clothes and arms.

"That's quite alright, miss," Aldern adresses Lym. "I can supply you with whatever weapons you need. As well, I'll give you each a horse. You'll all need one," he says to everyone.

At Lona's excited outburst, Aldern gets up and moves over to her, taking her hand. "Excellent! Then you'll come with me!" To her query, he states, "Of course, we should be back long enough before then to freshen up and attend the play."

Aldern turns his head to the side calls out, "Ameiko! Some food over here, if you please!" He turns back to his guests "We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning, so don't stay up too long. Rooms are on me."

Minutes later, a lovely dark-haired woman brings over several plates of spicy food, and places them on the table, then brushes up against Aldern. "How's it going?" she asks him. Aldern and the woman make small talk for a bit before she leaves to attend other patrons.

If there's anything you want to do before tomorrow morning, let me know.

Lona:
Aldern is an aristocrat from Magnimar, known for being a spendthrift and ladies man, but quite harmless nonetheless.

Kaddok:
You find the sheriff at the northern entrance to the city, along Long Coast Road. When you approach him, he asks of your knowledge, "I'm hearing talk about a group of heroic individuals who helped drive these vermin from the city. Do you know of any of them?


Female Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Rogue 1

Lona enjoys a night of festivities, tries to get Aldern to open up and share the latest gossip, and reminds him that she'll need appropriate attire and gear for the hunt as well, for she is ill-dressed for such an endeavor (she's currently wearing her entertainer's outfit and the rapier...traveling light). She spends a little more time minglingly with the crowd and garnering information, and then retires to the room Aldern has for her (she has equipment for such purposes as a hunt, but does not want to risk heading back "home" to pick things up if Aldern will equip them with mundane gear along with the horse.

51 to 100 of 1,893 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gryphon Gold's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.