Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gravel to Granite (Inactive)

Game Master Lareg

Started. Recruiting open. Apprentice-level game (Super Genius Games rule pre lvl 1. Pathfinder @ lvl 1 & beyond). Characters begin pre level 1, gain levels, and classes. Game run on the boards. Characters currently at lvl 2.


151 to 200 of 2,663 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

They are in site. Granita shot out both the door windows so the front figures can clearly be seen.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

As the doors give way the men in front begin to enter.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx waits, attempting to identify a leader before acting


filler of waterskins

Shayne continues his song, while waving his whip and head.

He is trying to be as distracting as possible (for Silx's sake).

If he can move to be flanking with Silx or Aak he does so. If possible, he jumps to another table to preserve his elevation advantage.

His whip does not threaten, but he still threatens his normal five foot reach with a natural attack or "head slam".


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The figure in the rear on horse back seems to be barking orders. Roll perception.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Anyone holding actions waiting for the figures to enter may now take those actions. Let me know if you are going to continue to hold as I will continue with the round if that is the case.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

I will continue to hold, trying to remain unseen. If i get spotted, I plan on reacting quickly


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The three figures push their way through the barricade, heading right toward Granita (oblivious of Silx). Will post Inn / Tavern layout tonight.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Inn Map

The yellow is difficult terrain (door remains & barricade).

The front two figures are at A7 & A8. A third figure is behind A7. Two bodies lay just outside the doors.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx's eyes shoot open, then he runs over to Granita and gets behind her. Just as he passes, he whispers "Trust me" Silx puts his knife up to Granita's throat "Now all of you can stop right there!" He says more loudly to the invaders.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Crusader Cleric 3 (HP: 27/27; Init +3; AC:19; TCH:13; FF:16; Perc +2, Sense +7, F/R/W: 5/4/5)

Aak will take his prepared action to take a hack at A8, Aak would be on A9.

Don't know who you guys are, don't really care. You interrupted me quiet night trying to get outta the cold! You'll pay for that!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The figure nearest Aak looks quite wounded, though still standing. The other two advancing figures halt and look in shock at Silx, who seemed to appear from no where as far as their concerned.

"Enough," the figure on the horse yells after he dismounts.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

"My thoughts exactly, now lets talk a little after you give your weapons to that half-orc" Silx says, tilting his head towards Aak


Male Human

As the figure nears the door he gestures for his men to back up.

"We wil do no such thing. She would rather die than come with us. I would rather you kill her than further corrupt her with your presence. How do you propose we proceed?"


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Those who have spellcraft roll please.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx smiles "There's a lot of things I could do without killing her. I propose you tell me what this is all about"

Sense Motive1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human

"Anything that you can imagine is not nearly as distasteful as watching you touch her. She belongs with us. That is all you need to know."


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx shakes his head and smiles, as if he's talking to a child. Then he puts his hand on Granita's cheek, looking at the mans reaction "I believe I'm in a position to get some answers. Hmm, aren't the bad guys usually a little smarter than this?"


filler of waterskins

Sorry, was traveling. Back home now.

Perception, if still relevant 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Shayne softly continues with Inspire Courage, unsure what Silx is up to. But he stops the aggressive posturing with whip and head.


Male Human

"You are in no position for answers of any kind. I grow impatient. Kill her or prepare to defend yourself. Rise."

As Tolin speaks 'rise,' the fallen men stand up.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx takes his dagger of Granita's throat, then walks behind the bar "Drink?" He picks up a glass and starts pouring some mead. As he does, he slips his dagger into its' second sheath, covering the blade with drow poison "I always like to know a little about a man before I kill him"

What in the bloody hell was that?! *&%$#@* magic!


filler of waterskins

Are the "risen" men healed or undead?

If no one is fighting, Shayne stops causing Inspire Courage. How many rounds of Bardic Performance does he have left?


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

They are healed. This is the second round - so two rounds of Bardic Performance used


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round three: Nimt, Shayne, Silx, Thangardt, and Aak.


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

Nimt moves to a position where he can blast as many opponents without getting an attack of opportunity, then snarls a few arcane syllables.
A vivid cone of light blasts the attackers.

Color Spray DC16

Effect:
A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious. Each creature within the cone is affected according to its HD.

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray.

"If this doesn't work we'll have to ask Granita if she would prefer being killed over being taken by these people"


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Though Tolin seems unfazed by the attack, it is clear that all of his men have been struck.

Color Spray Impact:
(Blind/Stun 4rnds +1rnd St), (Blind/Stun 1rnd, +1rnd St), (Blind/Stun 1rnd +1rnd St), (Blind/Stun 2rnds +1rnd St), & (Blind/Stun 3rnds, +1 rnd st)

Before moving forward please provide coordinates, according to the map, where your character is positioned.


filler of waterskins

It seems Aak and Nimt have never stopped fighting, so Shayne continues his use of Inspire Courage.

I'm not sure which way the door opens. If Silx was hiding behind the door in map square A9 then Shayne starts this round on a table at A5. Is Silx was hiding behind the door in map square A6 then Shayne starts this round on the bar at E8.

Shayne continues his singing, pausing only to mutter, "I've figured it out! Tolin is Granita's ex-husband!"

Then Shayne runs from the inn.

Shayne is taking a double move action this round. His plan is to use his whip to cause Tolin's horse to flee. He either climbs over the stunned men through the doorway, or jumps through one of the windows broken by Granita's weapon.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

After Nelith and Shayne act, Silx whips his dagger towards Tolin

Ranged attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage1d4 ⇒ 4 Drow Poison: injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/minute for 2 minutes; initial effect unconsciousness for 1 minute; secondary effect unconsciousness for 2d4 hours; cure 1 save.


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

Nelith didn't move. He started out at A10. (Only way to cast Color Spray without being AoO'd is from A10 or A9, I think).


F Undine Inquisitor 1 (Witch Hunter, Preacher)

Waiting to see if Tolin drops unconcious.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The dagger strikes solidly, just inches from Tolin's head, he looks curiously at the dagger blade now stuck in the door frame near him.


F Undine Inquisitor 1 (Witch Hunter, Preacher)

Thangardt frowns at the missed attack,he concentrates, then vanishes[ooc] A disembodied voice shouts:"It's five to one now. Get out of here before we hurt you really bad."

After that, A3-C5.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

The stunned / unconscious men along with the debris from broken doors slow down movement toward the door. B7 & B8 are considered difficult terrain. A7 & A8 are are now difficult terrain with obstacles (no check needed), but each square takes 4x normal movement.


Male Human

"I shall enjoy this more than you know," the perverse joy drips form Tolin's voice as smoke rapidly rolls in from outside the inn.

The smoke spreads as depicted in the image below.
Smoke

Smoke effects:
All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud. All within the cloud take –4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fortitude negates, DC 15). These effects last for 1d4+1 rounds after the cloud dissipates or after the creature leaves the area of the cloud.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Silx whispers to Granita "Im not sure what we're up against, perhaps we should escape while the smoke gives us some cover"


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

Nelith swears loudly between coughs.

Perception to hear what his sneaky cousin is saying.1d20 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Crusader Cleric 3 (HP: 27/27; Init +3; AC:19; TCH:13; FF:16; Perc +2, Sense +7, F/R/W: 5/4/5)

Since I am required to make a Fort save here goes lol

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Move action: A 9 - E 9

Rounds lasting 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sadness, missed by one and I am hacking up a lung for the next 5 rounds lol. Strength is now 8 & Dexterity is now 11. AC: 15/TCH: 11


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Luckily I was behind the bar so it hasn't spread to me yet


filler of waterskins

Oops. I had not realized that Tolin's "nears the door" meant that he was standing in the doorway rather than five or ten feet outside, still mounted. Interpreting my previous action with this new information means Shayne was trying to depart through a window to scare away Tolin's horse to delay his escape. Therefore Shayne is probably in the cloud, near a window, either inside or outside the inn.

Fortitude saving throw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Rounds lasting 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human

"Do you have some rope? The only way out now is a second floor window, unless you want to tunnel out from the celar."

She sounds appreciative, but very desparate.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Shayne, let's take a moment to sort out your action. Tolin was unmounted - approaching the door. He ended up at A7. If you decided to head toward a window with the intention of breaking it to get to his horse, make a Strength check (no penalty as this was prior to the smoke). Once we see how that goes we'll determine if you ended up inside or out.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

"Yes, the second floor sounds good" Silx begins leading Granity there, looking back and coating another knife in poison


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Round four: Nimt, Shayne, Silx, Thangardt, and Aak. We'll confirm Shayne's where abouts before his turn this round. Is Silx planning on leading Granita up stairs this round?


filler of waterskins
Lareg wrote:
Shayne, let's take a moment to sort out your action. Tolin was unmounted - approaching the door. He ended up at A7. If you decided to head toward a window with the intention of breaking it to get to his horse, make a Strength check (no penalty as this was prior to the smoke). Once we see how that goes we'll determine if you ended up inside or out.

Strength check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Apparently Shayne bounced off a window. Please let me know which map square he occupies.


Male Drow Rogue (Trapsmith) 2

Yes, I want to get her out quickly. Luckily I don't believe I've created a single pathfinder character that doesn't have rope. More useful than a sword most of the time


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

We'll say Shayne was going for the window near the table he was at earlier, so he ends up at A5. We're set then to continue with round four.


Aasimar (Archon-touched) Druid (Urban) 1

Fortitude 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Nimt stops coughing, but continues swearing.


Male Half-Orc Monk 9 / Puppetmaster 2

Noticing the coughing of those nearby, Silx and Granita climb over the railing to get to the stairs rather than go through the smoke.

Silx Dex Roll for the railing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Granita's Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

151 to 200 of 2,663 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A sparce tavern, a dusty inn, and the looming mountains All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.