Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Evergreen Arc #9 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


51 to 100 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"Well I have no training in actually finding a path or tracking of any sort nor any natural skill at it but I am at least willing to try. That is what they told me during my time in class at least."

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet sheathes his falchion and raises a hand. "If Liao won't take your healing, I will gladly." he pauses and looks at the bite on his arm. "Actually, doc. You mind taking a look at this?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Liao: Janira does not heal you. That was supposed to be for Grazet, who had more damage. You heal from negative energy?

@Grazet: We'll use Liao's roll, so you're back to full health. I just don't like jinxing players with GM dice.

Status:
  • Liao - 2 damage

Valtyra finds an old, dried out stream bed that quickly takes you higher into the mounts, and from there it is an easy task to backtrack downhill.

----------

DC 14+ Knowledge (nature):
Minotaurs have a gore attack, and it is especially powerful when charging.

DC 19+ Knowledge (nature):
They can absorb a lot of damage, and thus don’t try very hard to avoid getting hit.

If you roll 24 or higher, you may ask for more information.


DC 16 Spellcraft:
Janira cast expeditious retreat.

The dense forest opens to a wide clearing at the base of a sheer cliff. Thick vines cover the surface of the cliff stretching 30 feet overhead. “Here! The cave entrance is behind those vines,” Janira says with a broad smile as she walks to the cliff’s face. She pulls back several layers of vegetation to reveal a narrow crack in the cliff’s surface. “This is where I saw the gillmen enter.”

As she motions toward the aperture, the surrounding woods come alive with the sound of small animals fleeing some unseen danger and a large creature crashing through the undergrowth. The halfling worriedly remarks, “Quick, take cover before whatever it is spots us!” As if she’d summoned the creature with her words, a massive horned monstrosity emerges from the trees. Standing eight feet tall on a pair of cloven hooves and wielding a tremendous axe, the bull-headed creature roars with unbridled anger when it spots you.

Wisely assessing that a minotaur is beyond her charges’ capabilities, Janira screams, “A minotaur! There’s little chance we can stand against it. Take this bag,” she continues, pulling off her backpack, “and head deeper into the caves. Finish your mission. I’ll lead it away from the caves, lose it in the forest, and join you as soon as I can. Now go! GO!” She heaves her backpack into the cave, casts a spell, and darts off toward the minotaur before turning to lure it away.

The minotaur is far enough away that everybody has 1 round to flee or buff up.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Seeing Janira cast a spell Valtyra gets an excited smile on her face. "Ooo. What was that!"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Seeing Janira speed up she whispers "Run like the wind. Gods know you don't want that beast to catch you."

Valtyra quickly makes for the cave hoping one of the others brings the bag along as it appears rather to heavy for her to carry by herself.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady doesn't hesitate. If she wants to take the hit, I'll let her!
That thing looks too strong.
He picks up the bag and follows Valtyra into the cave.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet draws his falchion at the sight of the large monster, but follows his companions as they retreat into the cave. "Together we might have defeated the beast. I am not glad to run hiding."

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Dragos hesitates slightly, torn between not wanting to leave Janira alone and not wanting to disobey an order from the senior pathfinder. However, ultimately he follows the rest of his companions into the cave. "Erastil protect her..."

In response to Grazet's complaint, Dragos says "I am loathe to leave her alone as well, but she is overseeing our journey here, and it was put upon us to follow her lead. If she thinks she can handle the beast alone, we should trust her judgment. We are not hiding, we are following orders and completing our mission."

Once they are safe in the cave, Dragos will look to Brady, holding Janira's pack. "What tools has she left us to finish our task?"

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

"Somebody tells me 'run,' I run and I don't think twice. I can't help the Society if I can't stay alive myself."

Brady undoes the ties on the backpack, and begins rummaging inside to discover the contents.

"But yeah, she's an experienced Pathfinder, I'm sure she knows what she's doing."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Janira’s Backpack:
  • potion of barkskin
  • potion of cure light wounds (2)
  • potion of feather step
  • potion of vanish
  • scroll of entangle
  • scroll of gust of wind
  • scroll of identify
  • scroll of mage armor (CL 6)
  • scroll of obscuring mist
  • wand of burning hands (CL 3, 4 charges)
  • wand of cure light wounds (CL 3, 8 charges)
  • acid flask
  • alchemist’s fire (2)
  • holy water
  • smokestick
  • tanglefoot bag
  • thunderstone
  • antitoxin
  • sunrod (2)

The caves are damp and slippery, and usually about 7 feet wide and high. Some tunnels are tighter or more spacious though. The walls are covered with patches of blue-green luminescent fungi that provide dim light.

Petroglyphs periodically decorate the walls, mostly with marine animals and spiraling shapes. The deeper you travel, the more of these wall paintings that you find.

Once you divide up Janira's items, I'll put a list in the campaign tab for reference.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Finding a sunrod among the bag's contents, Brady strikes it to get some light and help better see what's inside the bag. He pulls out a potion of cure light wounds and a flask of alchemist's fire, pockets them, then holds the bag for the next person to pick through.

"Not a lot there that's useful to me, but these'll help in a pinch. Spellcasters, you're gonna love that bag, though. Whoooo; that halfling travels prepared." He approaches the petroglyphs in the walls, bringing the sunrod up close to get a good look, enjoying the how the shadows move through the carvings before moving deeper into the caves.

Brady is okay taking the lead, but makes no complaint should someone stealthier step up to go ahead.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

I will pull the scrolls of entangle, identify, and mage armor out along with the wand of burning hands from the backpack.

"There is still a lot of stuff crammed in here. I truly hope we don't wind up needing all of this stuff on our very first outing for the society."

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet squints at the light of the sunrod, then retrieves the potion marked feather step.

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

"The wands may be of great use to somebody."

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

"Prepared is right. She brought a little bit of everything! I don't know that I would know how to use half of it." Dragos will pull out the wand of CLW, the tanglefoot bag, and the holy water, storing them safely in his bag.

He'll then stand up and begin to look at the petroglyphs on the walls. "How fascinating..."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

I'm assuming that Brady is carrying the pack, and thus has all unclaimed items.

GM Rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 1

DC 10 Survival or Knowledge (dungeoneering):
The hole in the ground is 10 ft. deep and appears artificial.

The narrow tunnel twists and turns for several hundred feet before slowly opening to a wider passage. A large hole spans the cave’s width and stretches ten feet down the path. At the bottom of the pit lies a small bundle of cloth. The corners of the pit are rounded, and the tunnel walls don’t look easy to climb either.

How does everyone cross the pit?

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Valtyra moves to a crouched position near the hole to study it. "This hole in the ground does not appear to be natural in origin. If I have it figured right it should be approximately one and half to 1 and three quarters the height of an average human adult. Of course it would be easier to gauge the depth of it with a measuring cord."

"If anyone has any idea of how to get across this I am all ears. I am not a proficient climber by any means."

I should probably check for magic in the bottom of this hole just to make sure it is not an illusion of some type.

Valtyra will cast Detect Magic into the hole.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted
GM Granta wrote:
I'm assuming that Brady is carrying the pack, and thus has all unclaimed items.

That's fine; Brady has the carrying capacity.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Brady nods his head at Valtyra's explanation of the pit, agreeing with her assessment. He looks down to the bottom. "I've got some rope, so getting down there shouldn't be too hard, but I don't see that helping us get out on the other side. I'm strong, so I can probably climb out myself given enough time." Studying the opposite side of the pit, he continues. "The smoothed-out corners look like someone's made it hard to climb out of, and I've got no particular skill with climbing other than just simply being strong. If we get ambushed, or if something down there isn't as it seems, that could be trouble. Anyone have a better idea?"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet examines the pit, judging the distance and testing the footing. He backs up, then takes a running leap across the pit.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Landing on the other side, he dusts of his hands, "Y'all coming?"

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Seeing the half-orc jump over the gap so easily, Dragos decides to make the jump as well. He stores his bow, gets a running start, and tries to follow Grazet over.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

However, he stumbles at the last minute, and can't quite make it over. He tries to make a grab for the lip of the pit, though.

Ref save to grab lip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Despite the clumsy jump, he deftly grabs ahold of the other side, and finds himself hanging from the lip. "Well, not quite as effective as I had hoped..." He will then judge the distance to the floor of the pit, and release the lip, trying to fall gracefully.

Pit being 10ft deep, me being roughly 6ft tall, and hanging down, that would be, what, a fall of 3ft or so? Would any falling damage result from that?

Once at the bottom, he will investigate the bundle at the bottom of the pit. As he does so, he'll call up "If someone could toss a rope to Grazet, I would appreciate it."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Dragos: Correct, you guys lucked out on the "trap" that doesn't do any damage.

GM Rolls:
Parables: 4d12 ⇒ (10, 2, 4, 8) = 24

DC 18 Spellcraft:
It is a cloak of resistance +1

DC 15+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 17+ Appraise or Perception:
The Soldier is depicted bearing a lantern through the streets of a city, following the dead god’s prophecy that the vigilant shall carry light to the darkest corners of the world to banich the shadows.

These parables are slightly different than those that appear in the known version of the History and Future of Humanity, suggesting that these might represent an earlier version of the work.

Even though Aroden disappeared over a century ago, these caves store a hint of his divine magic (like a wand with a single charge left) that can impart a minor blessing to those who perform a short series of rituals based on the parables.


DC 18+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 20+ Appraise or Perception:
The Beggar is depicted kneeling with an alms bowl raised high, representing Aroden espousing humility in all, lest they forget their shared humanity.

DC 21+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 23+ Appraise or Perception:
The Farmer is depicted plowing four lines in a field, retelling Aroden’s prophecy that humankind would prepare the rocky earth for planting and over generations wear the pebbles down to fertile soil.

DC 24+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 26+ Appraise or Perception:
The Scholar is depicted writing on a piece of parchment and then reading from it to passersby, just as Aroden was said to smile on those who recorded history and other knowledge to share it with others.

Valtyra does sense an aura on the cloth, and Dragos senses a few smirks on faces, but everybody eventually crosses the pit unharmed, save for a few scratches and bruises.

About 50 ft. after the pit, the tunnel curves and you find a plank big enough to span the pit. The tunnels continue on, leading deeper beneath the Kortos Mounts until they eventually open into a large cavern. What must have once been beautifully carved reliefs and inscriptions have since weathered heavily, their features dulled and softened to the point that it is hard to distinguish what each once depicted. A wide tunnel exits the cavern on its far side, and blue-burning torches line the passageway’s walls.

The carvings here are different in style from the petroglyphs found elsewhere. It seems like there might have been a dozen carvings at some point, but only four are still decipherable. As best you can tell, they are images from the History and Future of Humanity, the principle holy text of Aroden.

If you speak Aquan or Azlanti, you get a cumulative +2 bonus on the above checks.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Valtyra takes 10 on her Spellcraft check for a 22.

"Well this is a nice little find in a cave. This cloak will improve ones overall ability to resist many inflictions and types of magic. If anyone would like it please by all means speak up. I for one could use it."

Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

"These are some fascinating relief carvings." Valtyra relates the following about the first three carvings but has difficulty figuring out the remaining visible carving.

"The Soldier is depicted bearing a lantern through the streets of a city, following the dead god’s prophecy that the vigilant shall carry light to the darkest corners of the world to banich the shadows."

"The Beggar is depicted kneeling with an alms bowl raised high, representing Aroden espousing humility in all, lest they forget their shared humanity."

"The Farmer is depicted plowing four lines in a field, retelling Aroden’s prophecy that humankind would prepare the rocky earth for planting and over generations wear the pebbles down to fertile soil."

"If we can figure out the last carving we may be able to put these to use to provide ourselves some type of minor blesing."

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"You seem to be very educated on these matters. I do recognize the soldier. I'm no expert on Aroden, but these seem rather strange."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Brady tries to follow Valtyra's description as he continues to play with the sunrod against the relief carvings. Distracted by the interplay of light and shadow as he moves the light source across the chipped stone face of the carvings, he catches little of their cultural significance but seems to enjoy the beauty that he finds in their form nonetheless.

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

"By all means, m'lady, don the cloak, and find some greater protection." My saves are already pretty good, so go for it

Dragos will begin to go around the room, looking at the drawings as well.
Can we use Aid Another on these roles? If so, I will attempt to Aid Valtyra with my knowledge of religion. If not, then this can be a stand alone roll.
Know(Rel): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"They do seem off, I agree. I wonder if these are earlier versions? How fascinating..."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Valtyra: Sorry, I didn't make it clear that you are using Spellcraft while detecting magic, and that means no take 10. That would require identify. We'll assume you make it with a +12 though. And the loot list on the Campaign Info tab has been updated.

@Dragos: Valtyra rolled Linguistics, not Knowledge (religion).

The soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow of the nearby torches to reveal a grand chamber. A large pool of water along the chamber’s southern edge reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the east and west.

Rising up from the pool is a column of rock with steeply sloped sides and a flat top, as if someone had sawn off the top of a massive stalagmite. A miniature city carved from this same stone occupies nearly the entire surface. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The smooth cavern floor is covered in gravel and pebbles along the edge of the pool, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey.

This cavern is not unoccupied though. A lone gillmen kneels in the water, seeming thoughtful and unaware of your presence.

The carvings are in the room with your tokens. This description is for the next room.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

"You've a good eye for these things."

Impatient, Grazet explores a bit further ahead, keeping to the darkness where he can.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 8

When he is close enough to see the gillman, he stops, pauses to ensure he wasn't seen, and then returns to his allies.

"There is a gillman up ahead in a strange chamber. Just kneeling there."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"A gillman you say. That is just what we came for. Lets go see if he or she will tell us why gillmen are coming to this cave."

Valtyra will follow Grazet back to the chamber where the gillman is located.

Speaking in Taldane. "Excuse me sir or ma'am. We wonder if we might speak with you a moment?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 15 Sense Motive:
The gillman keeps looking at Valtyra’s new cloak.

DC 15 Perception:
Next to the gillman is a neatly folded robe that looks similar in style and color to the one you found in the pit.

The gillman looks at Valtyra when she speaks, but his expression says little, and he says nothing at all.

He seems rather ‘indifferent’ to you so far, but a Diplomacy or Intimidate check could change that.

Please move your tokens on the map.

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"He seems to have some kind of attraction to the cloak you found. Perhaps ask him about it?"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet takes a closer look at the surroundings as Valtyra approaches the gillmen.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

"Hmmm... You do appear to be correct in your summation Liao, that he is focused on the cloak. I wonder why though."

I will take a step forward to better address the gillman. Once again Valtyra will speak in Taldane to the gillman. "Sir, you keep looking at this cloak we found. Is it perhaps yours or does it belong to someone you know?"

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Brady approaches the water's edge, looking out towards the carving in the pool, but mostly keeping an eye on the gillman in case something goes wrong. He remains silent but alert.

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Dragos approaches the gillman as well, looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Spotting the robe, he mentions to Valtyra "Look at the man's robe," pointing to the folded up robe next to the gillman, "it is very similar in style and color to the cloak. Perhaps it is his?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The gillman looks at each of you as you speak, but his irritation is obvious, as he instantly returns to what appears to be some sort of ritual.

If nobody has rolled Diplomacy by tomorrow, we'll push forward.

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Is this cloak yours? I can't help but notice the similarities.

EDIT: Dice hate me

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

"If it is yours, we didn't mean to take it, we found it out front."

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

They don't like me much more...

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Hmmm... Let me try something."

Valtyra will fold the cloak and set it with the gillman's robe. She takes a moment to remove her boots and stockings before rolling the hem of her dress up to keep it out of the water. She will then take up a kneeling position next to the gillman and wait to see what his reaction is.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Grazet takes one more look at the diorama of the city, then turns to speak to the gillman, "This is an impressive place, gillman. It must have great meaning for you to travel so far. Tell us, what is your name?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Rolling initiative to see who speaks first, because the order of your results matters. And . . . the dicebot may hate Liao, but it loves the rest of you.

GM Rolls:
Initiative (Grazet): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Initiative (Liao): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative (Dragos): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Initiative (Valtyra): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"Greetings," the gillman finally responds after Valtyra returns the cloak to him, "I am Uori, and you have entered a cave sacred to my people. It was once sacred to Aroden as well, but the dead god's influence has faded from this place as those carvings have weathered and melted away.

"Soon, his influence shall be gone completely. If you wish to perform any rituals to the dead god of humanity, I suggest you do so soon."

Uori draws a slender stick of metal from his belongings and hands it to Valtyra, saying "Please, let me return your kindness with a gift of my own. Especially in such a sacred place, we should be at our best. If one among you possess a connection to the divine, she may speak the words faythe sheafe for protection."

A wand of shield of faith (CL 6th, 10 charges) has been added to the loot list on the Campaign Info tab.

You may attempt the Arodenite rituals if desired.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady, feeling more comfortable knowing the gillman to not be a threat, seems somewhat drawn to his words about Aroden. Following Valtyra's example, he slips off his boots and rolls up the legs of his trousers before approaching the gillman in the water. "I'd like to do the rituals; can you show me?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Liao watches from the shore as others approach the city in the pool. "My blessing will be dry feet when we continue our journey."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Enemy Selection: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Initiative (Brady): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Initiative (Grazet): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative (Liao): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Initiative (Dragos): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Initiative (Valtyra): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


DC 12 Knowledge (local):
The humanoid was a dhampir.

DC 11+ Knowledge (religion):
Skeletons are resistant to bladed weapons, but blunt ones hurt them as normal.

DC 16+ Knowledge (religion):
They aren’t easy to hit, but are quite fragile.

If you roll 21 or higher, you may ask for more information.

Maps

Round 1
Effects none

  • Brady -
  • Grazet -
  • Red -
  • Yellow -
  • Green -
  • Purple -
  • Dsagos -
  • Valtyra -
  • Liao - 2 damage

Clearly insulted by Brady's question, Uori returns to his ablutions. "No, I cannot show you how to perform the rituals of your own dead god." Sensing it's time to move on, everybody heads for the west tunnel.

The damp air becomes increasingly stale, and the stench of decay grows as you travel down this tunnel. The passage turns east and opens into a small cavern littered with bits of broken glass, rotting pieces of paper and other unusable detritus. The body of a male humanoid lies facedown toward the back.

But before you can check on him or search the room, several creatures lunge out of the shadows.

Brady and Grazet are up.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Brady clearly recognizes something odd about the body in the corner, but finding a pair of skeletons in his face, he has no time to mention anything about it. Instead, he takes a quick step forward and swings hard at one of the skeletons, hoping to use some of his natural flexibility in combat to get in another strike.

5' step, move action to activate Martial Flexibility to gain Cleave feat for 1 minute, standard action to make a Cleave attack on Purple, following through to Red if the attack on Purple hits.

Unarmed Strike, Power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10 vs. Purple
Damage, P, Power attack, lethal: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Unarmed Strike, Power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7 vs. Red
Damage, P, Power attack, lethal: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

-2 to AC until next turn due to Cleave

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Know(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grazet assumes a defensive stance and moves to stand next to Brady. "Careful! There may be more vampire spawn around."

Total Defense: AC 18

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Claw 1 (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 2 (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw 1 (yellow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw 1 (green): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw 1 (purple): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw 2 (purple): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Maps

Round 1
Effects none

  • Red -
  • Yellow -
  • Green -
  • Purple -
  • Dragos -
  • Valtyra -
  • Liao - 2 damage
  • -----Round 2-----
  • Brady - 6 damage
  • Grazet -

Brady gets greedy with his attacks and comes up short, while Grazet settles for advancing the line and making room for his allies to enter the room. Their tactics work well though, as between the four skeletons and their eight claws, the only damage is one cut to Brady's shoulder.

Everybody is up.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

While he failed to connect with his attacks last time, Brady is undeterred and continues to press his assault in the same manner. He swings again, bare fisted, a powerful blow intended to crush both of the skeletons in his reach.

Unarmed Strike, Power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19 vs. Red
Damage, P, Power attack, lethal: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Unarmed Strike, Power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12 vs. Purple
Damage, P, Power attack, lethal: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Standard action to make a Cleave attack on Red, following through to Purple if the attack on Red hits. -2 AC until next turn due to Cleave attack.

After swinging, he takes a 5' step through the gap between the two skeletons, hoping to be able to position to flank later.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Valtyra Knowledge Roll:
Knowledge (local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Actions:
Valtyra casts Ray of Frost at yellow.
Ray of Frost vs. Yellow Touch AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cold Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Valtyra sees the creatures lumbering after her companions and lashes out with dart of frost. "Foul things. Be gone."

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Liao begins rubbing some herbs together in his hands, then blows the fragrant fine powder into the air. "Let us be guided to victory."

Cast bless after 5' step forward.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet steps forward, then draws his falchion and swings at purple. "Back!"

Spoiler:

Attack(falchion,defensively): 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 5
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

AC 16

51 to 100 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #9 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.