Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Evergreen Arc #9 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Please make sure to delete your dot-post, so that they don't clutter up the thread.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 10+ Knowledge (geography):
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

DC 15+ Knowledge (geography):
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

DC 15+ Knowledge (history):
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

DC 20+ Knowledge (history):
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

DC 25+ Knowledge (history):
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.”

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born.

“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Knowledge (geography), untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Brady, a rough-looking human in thick, beaded dreadlocks, looks a bit out of his depths in front of the Master of Scrolls. If Master Shaine had me for any studies he may sing a tune a bit lighter on the praise, methinks.

He appears oblivious to the history and locations referenced by Shaine and Janira, and he relaxes when Master Shaine has left.

"Whew, thought he would never leave. I never like it when the big-ups hang around us plebes, right?" He chuckles, and looks like he's trying to get a laugh from the others that may not be coming. "So what do we need to know about this trip. Any gear you think we should have with us? I really ain't got much more to offer than some swinging fists and kicking legs, but I've always been good at that."

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

A large half-orc takes a seat and looks around the establishment. His clothes are rough and simple and a large sword is sheathed across his back.

"What a peculiar elf." says Grazet.

Turning to Janira, he asks, "What do you know of these gillmen? The are... what? Men with gills? Do they live in the waters?"

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

A human male of obvious Tien background steps to another open seat and bows before sitting. "I am Liao Shénnóng, herbalist and healer by both trade and tradition. I should be able to identify whatever fungi, mosses, and plantlife we find in the caves, although I will admit, caves are not my specialty. Perhaps we will find some unusual and useful plants on this journey however."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

A female aasimar steps softly up to the table, takes a seat, and sets a tome upon the tables edge.

"Greetings to you all. I am pleased to see we will be going through our confirmation together. I am Valtyra Braga, a student of arcane lore and protege of Adventure Captain Rurik Delver. Let us hope all goes well on the search for this elusive gillman."

Valtyra turns slightly in her chair to look at Janira. "Excuse me ma'am but could you perhaps tell us a bit more about this cave you found since we are being tasked with its exploration?"

Knowledge (geography) untrained: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Janira listens patiently to each would-be-Pathfinder in turn before answering. ”Grazet, Gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They're a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water.

"Ooh! I don't know much about plants, Liao. I bet you can teach us all so much!

"That's exactly what you are being asked to find out, Valtyra. The only known permanent surface settlement of the gillmen is in Escadar. Why they're venturing into the foothills of the Kortos Mounts is a mystery.

"That's a great idea, Brady. Everyone! Let's all dump all of our gear out on the table and take inventory to see if we're missing anything important."

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"If we have time to dump and repack our gear, I trust we are on no kind of a timeline? And you said you already have entered these caves. What do you will be different on this expedition?"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

"An hour's preparation is worth four in the field. We should ensure we have the tools necessary to succeed." Grazet takes his pack and spreads its contents on the table.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Liao sighs and moves to an adjacent table, carefully unpacking packets of various herbs, and unrolling what looks to be either still living, or recently dead plants that are packed neatly to keep them from being damaged. Along with that is more mundane gear like a mess kit, some candles, rations, and even soap.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Looking at Janira with raised eyebrows, Brady hefts a well-made backpack up onto the table and dumps out its contents. He makes sure that nothing rolls off the table, but it's clear the bag is in no way organized. Among the odd and useless detritus that falls out are the following useful items:

Gear:

caltrops
bedroll
blanket
coffee pot
crowbar
earplugs
flint and steel
folding chair
hemp rope
pot
skillet
small tent
soap
torch (5)
trail rations (3)
waterskin

He wears a suit of lamellar armor made from leather, and carries a buckler, cestus, and dagger.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

With a sigh Valtyra carefully begins unpacking her backpack. She lays out a mess kit, a bedroll, flint and steel, ink, an ink pen, soap, trail rations x 5, alchemist fire x 3. She is also wearing a spell component pouch, a belt pouch, and a bandoleer. She is carrying a simple tome with her.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

"Actually, we do have to get there by the new moon tomorrow, Liao. But a few minutes of preparation and cooperation now could save hours--or our lives--later on! See, Grazet knows!

"Everyone seems to be prepared. You've got climbing gear, alchemical goods . . . oh, no. What are you planning to do if anybody gets injured?

“Well, let me explain the details of the mission at hand, and then you can decide if you'll need to buy some healing magic,” Janira says with an eager grin. “After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"If you concoct the right combination plant extracts, you can create a healing poultice. It is almost as good as potions sold in temples, sometimes better. I have been unable to find some of the rarer and stronger plants here on the island, and I'm afraid that they are only good for a short time, so I was unable to keep samples from my homeland. I hope these caves might provide me with samples I might need for stronger mixtures. Healing is an art, not a simple act of magic."

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

"I'm confidant you can see to any unforeseen injuries, Liao."

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

A tall man with a large, bushy beard stumbles into the room, still looking groggy, but looking prepared to head out. He wears a backpack, and has a longbow and a quiver of arrows visibly equipped. As he walks slowly into the room, he is grumbling softly to himself, "An hour before dawn? Who in their right bloody minds gets up at such an ungodly hour. Hope I'm not too late..."

He then looks up, and sees everyone with their pack contents laid out everywhere, clearly already well underway in their preparations. He stops, looks embarrassed, and says "Guess I missed the start time. Sorry everyone. My name's Dragos Albescu, bowman and follower of Erastil. What'd I miss?"

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"It seems we are meeting to sort through everyone's gear. Perhaps you wish to add yours to the table?" Liao motions to the piles of dumped gear on the table.

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

"I'm afraid I don't have much - most of my wealth is in my weapon and armor" he says, motioning to his bow and quiver. He reaches into his backpack and quickly grabs an item out of it. "The only other piece of useful equipment I have is this, an alchemist's fire. Beyond that, just basic odds and ends."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Valtyra begins carefully repacking her backpack. "So are we ready to get on the road?"

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Dragos shrugs affably, placing his alchemist's fire back in his backpack. "I'm ready whenever, s'long as someone knows where we're goin."

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Liao neatly packs everything back in his pack, taking care not to damage the various plants. "We visit the mountains seeking a cave. We will have quite a walk along the way."

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

"Can we ride horses to this cave?" Grazet asks Janira.

He starts packing his things away. "Welcome, Dragos. My name is Grazet. Do you know much about the history of gillmen or the Isle of Kortos? Gillmen are travelling to this cave for some reason. It is a bit out of their way, you'd think."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady scoops his gear into his bag. He stoops down under the table, picking up the odds and ends that missed the backpack. He quickly peeks under his chair to make sure nothing rolled under, then he straightens, stuffing the last things in the top before sealing the backpack and hefting it on his back. "Ready." His eyes scan the floor to make sure that he hasn't missed anything.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

”The area we’re heading to is controlled by a large centaur tribe, Grazet. If we cross paths with any of them, they’ll see the horses as an affront and might become dangerously unfriendly. Our mission is to explore the caves and investigate the gillmen activity, not fight the local populace.

"Now that everybody is ready to go, let's get to know each other while we're hiking. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!

"I'm from Eastgate and have six younger brothers and sisters. Our father is a porter who delivers purchases to stores' customers, but I always wanted to be an adventurer! My family all worship Desna, but we respect other religions too. Everybody needs a god or goddess to watch over them!

"At first, I wanted to travel and see the world, but then Master Shaine got hold of my imagination, and now I help him discover and preserve knowledge. One day, I’ll have a discovery published in the Chronicles!

“Now, tell me all about all of yourselves!”

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

"My name is Liao Shénnóng. I come from a long line of herbalists dedicated to healing arts. My family includes some of the most renowned healers in history of the Tian-Shu people, dating back to Lung Wa. The same arts have been passed down from generation to generation for centuries. I have broken tradition and joined the society, hoping to expand that knowledge by learning from the rest of the world in hopes that I will learn insights my forefathers never had. Perhaps this cave will hold that answer, or another cave in the future."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady listens as the Pathfinders begin to introduce themselves at Janira's suggestion. This one's chipper, that's for sure. The group reaches a point where nobody is speaking up and Brady is among those who haven't yet told their tale.

"I'm Brady, Brady Torquatus." He reluctantly speaks up. "I'm from Taldor, and there, that name carries some pride, but I don't fit it much. I took a different path; the family probably ain't too proud that I still use the name, to be fair." He looks from face to face as they walk, his thick beaded dreadlocks bouncing along to his gait. "I don't talk much about my past, but I'm on the right side of it now. Using some skills I learned then to work to better ends with the Society than I used to. And that's good enough for now."

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Enjoying the hike, and seeming to have finally woken up fully, Dragos tells the others of himself.

"I'm Dragos Albescu, Varisian follower of Erastil. I grew up mostly on the road, exploring with the rest of my family wherever the road would take us. Then I met a fellow who was a paladin of Erastil, and he told me all about Old Deadeye, about home and community and stability, things I had never had. I became a follower of him myself, and vowed that I would someday earn for myself what my parents could never provide - a permanent home. Ironically, I found that the best way to do that was to join up with the Society, and try to make my fortune doing the very thing I hope to someday get away from - exploring." He shrugs a little, as if embarrassed to admit to an aversion to what so many other Pathfinders enjoy. "I have some skill with the bow, so hopefully I'll be able to turn that into a pretty decent career."

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Standing all of 5'9" with blonde hair, green eyes, and is Caucasian. She is wearing a simple but colorful explorers outfit. "I am Valtyra Braga. Kin to a wandering family from Varsia. Their travels have taken me to destinations near and far including into Fire Kings Mountains where I met a dwarf by the name of Rurik Delver who recommended me to the Pathfinder Society. He said it would satisfy my wanderlust and thirst for knowledge."

"I am curious to see what we will learn on this trip into the cave that is attracting gillman to come in from the sea."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

"My, you're a mighty interesting group! I hope you all find what you're searching for in the Pathfinder Society!"

----------

GM Rolls:
Enemy: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Initiative (Brady): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative (Grazet): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Initiative (Liao): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative (Dragos): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Initiative (Valtyra): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Perception (Brady): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Perception (Grazet): 1d20 ⇒ 19
Perception (Liao): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Perception (Dragos): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception (Valtyra): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

DC 11+ Knowledge (nature):
Giant fleas are difficult to hurt except with the edge of a blade.

DC 16+ Knowledge (nature):
Their bite is diseased.

If you roll 21 or higher, you may ask for more information.

Maps

Round Surprise - 1
Effects none

  • Red -
  • Green -
  • Purple -
  • Janira -
  • Valtyra -
  • Grazet -
  • Brady -
  • -----Round 1-----
  • Dragos -
  • Liao -

As the party progresses deeper into the forest, the trees towering overhead begin to shield most of what remains of the day’s sun and the vegetation beneath grows denser. Janira pauses a moment and pulls out an intricate silver compass emblazoned with the Pathfinder Society logo: the Glyph of the Open Road. “I received this wayfinder when I successfully completed my Confirmation. Should we be successful on our journey, you will get your own as well.”

She flips open the device and holds it in front of her; the initials J. L. are engraved into the inside of the device’s lid. After studying the compass inside for a moment, she remarks, “We’re on the right path. We need to keep heading northwest past those large rocks up ahead.”

But before you can start moving again, a large tree falls to the forest floor, startling all sorts of creatures. In their fear, some start to attack your party.

Grazet and Brady get to act in the surprise round. Dragos and Liao get a full action in round 1.

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

"May Qi Zhong guide us in this battle, and keep our health." Liao the Tien man pulls out his longspear and prepares for battle after his blessing.

Cast Bless, Draw weapon as move action

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady, reacting instinctively to the oncoming threat, lunges at the creating, striking with a barefisted blow as hard as he can.

Standard action charge, -2 AC until next turn

Unarmed Strike, charging: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 attacking red
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Maps

Round Surprise - 1
Effects bless

  • Red -
  • Green -
  • Purple -
  • Janira -
  • Valtyra -
  • Grazet -
  • Brady - charged
  • -----Round 1-----
  • Dragos -
  • Liao -

Brady charges bravely forward and lands a solid hit, but finds it ineffective against their hard exoskeleton. Liao draws his weapon and blesses the Pathfinders.

Grazet and Dragos are up. If they don't post in 8-10 hours, somebody please bot their turns.

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Drago's reacts quickly to the attacking beasts, despite a lack of recognition. He moves to find a clear shot, while fluidly drawing and notching an arrow. With a calm breath, he let's fly.

Move action 5 feet west and ten feet North (can't move myself on map right now). Standard action attack, adding one for bless and one for point blank shot
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

Dragos Albescu wrote:
Move action 5 feet west and ten feet North (can't move myself on map right now).

I made the map move

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Grazet draws his falchion at the first sign of trouble.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Bite (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bite (green): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bite (purple): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Maps

Round 1-2
Effects bless, inspire courage +1

  • Red - 3 damage
  • Green - charged
  • Purple - charged
  • Janira -
  • Valtyra -
  • Grazet - 8 damage, diseased?
  • Brady -
  • -----Round 2-----
  • Dragos -
  • Liao -

Grazet draws his weapon, and Dragos feathers an arrow into the nearest flea--though it doesn't seem to injure the creature as much as expected.

Brady easily avoids his attacker, but the other two leap atop Grazet and begin biting his thick skin. Seeing his danger, Janira rushes to the half-orc's side and begins an inspiring speech about an old Pathfinder, “Let us remember the sacrifice of the fabled Yasmin bint Faroud, favored of the Ten, who gave her life distracting Zythrustianax, draconic scourge of the Society, so dozens of junior agents could survive. Her act of benevolence is the epitome of cooperation within the Society.”

Everybody is up.

@Grazet: Roll two Fort saves vs. disease.

Grand Lodge

Human Pei Zin Practicioner (Oracle) 1| HP 7/9 | AC 15/T11/FL14 | Fort 0/ Ref 1/Will 4 | Perc +2, Init +1 | CMD 11

Liao approaches the nearest creature, lining up a clear path to stab at it.

longspear, bless, inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 dmg.

Move 15'. Attack purple.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady looks askance at the critter that was able to shrug off his punch so easily. He tries to come up with a better option, settling on the dagger at his belt.

Drawing it, he immediately strikes, attempting to slash through the critters thick shell.

Move action: draw, Standard action: attack

Dagger, bless, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage, inspire courage, S: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Seeing Grazet being surrounded and hit by one of the beasts, he leaves his initial target to Brady and tracks east. Once more, he pulls an arrow, notches, and lets fly, deftly avoiding Valtyra with his shot.

Move 25', attack green with PBS, bless, inspire courage. Note that deadeye bowman allows me to ignore soft cover if only one ally is providing it.
Attack, PBS, bless, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage, PBS, inspire courage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Vermin" he spits. Grazet slashes at the critters and steps back.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 + 1 = 10

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

Valtyra takes a five foot step while keeping a weary eye on the nearing vermin. Seeing green scramble forwards she unleashes a Ray of Frost into it.

Ranged Touch Attack vs Green: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ray of Frost (Cold Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 3

"Stay away from us you creepy crawlies!"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Grazet: Please include your target and weapon, and preferably damage types, with your rolls.

GM Rolls:
Bite (purple): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Maps

Round 2-3
Effects bless, inspire courage +1

  • Purple - 1 damage
  • Janira -
  • Valtyra -
  • Grazet - 8 damage
  • Brady -
  • -----Round 3-----
  • Dragos -
  • Liao - 2 damage, diseased?

Valtyra tries to freeze one of the fleas, but can't steady her hand enough to aim. Grazet and Brady fare far better though, as each cuts open a giant flea. Dragos nicks the last beast with an arrow, but does little damage. He at least manages more than Liao, who doesn't penetrate the thick hide. Janira draws her whip and tries to distract the creature for Liao, but doesn't snap the whip close enough to the beast's face, and it bites into Liao's thigh.

Everybody is up.

@Liao: Please roll Fort vs. disease.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Liao takes a 5' step away from the giant bug, lining up another shot with his spear.

Longspear,bless,inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 piercing damage.

Dark Archive

Female NG Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 11, T 11, FF 10 | CMB -2 | CMD 9 | Fort 0, Ref +1, Will +2 | Prec +1 (Darkvision 60 ft) | Init +1 | Resist Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4 | Consume Spells 3/3 |

I hold my position and try once more to freeze the remaining flea.

"Icky, icky, bug! Just go away."

Ranged Touch Attack: Bless, Inspire Courage vs Purple: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
Ray of Frost (Cold Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

CG Male Half-orc mesmerist (vexing daredevil) 1 | AC 14 /t:11 /f:13 | hp 9/9 | F: +1 R: +3 W: +2 | CMD 14 | init: +1 | Perc +0 Darkvision 60' | Ferocity 1/1 | Conditions: none

Damage type was in post, unless you mean something besides P/B/S? I meant to target green, but wasn't sure if it would still be alive.
I'll try to make conditionals clear.

Grazet slashes at the other flea, and steps away.

Attack(falchion): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

NG human Inquisitor 1 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | 8/8 hp | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +4 (+6 in surprise round) | Percep +7 | CMD 15

Dragos lines up another attack against the last remaining critter, sending another arrow right past Valtyra.

Attack, PBS, bless, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage, PBS, inspire courage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"Should I be bitten more, I ask that you do not us magic to heal me. Even if I should be rendered unconscious, healing magic will not aid me."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 (15 Fl) | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM +6 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20 ft | Active conditions: Mist-Tainted

Brady flips his dagger around in his hand as he searches for another threat. Seeing only one flea remaining, he takes aim and starts running.

Dagger, bless, inspire courage, charging: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, inspire courage, S: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Full round action Charge, -2 AC until next turn.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Grazet: It's easier for me if you list the damage type with the roll. If it's only in the descriptive text, then I'm not sure what's flavor and what's mechanics. I've got 51 players to keep track of, so I need all the help I can get :-)

Valtyra's ray gives the flea frostbite, but doesn't do any vital damage. Grazet misses with his falchion, but then Brady opens a long, deep cut in the diseased body.

”Congratulations! You all worked together well. See how much stronger you are as a team when everybody cooperates?” Janira circulates through the group, patting everybody on the back or shoulder, until she gets to Liao, "That's a nasty wound. Here, let me help!"

Several hours pass uneventfully, but then you start running into problems: first a recent landslide that blocks the trail, then a shortcut overgrown since a month ago. ”I’m afraid we’ll need to find a different path. If we don’t get there by dusk, we may have to wait a whole month for another chance! Is anybody well trained at tracking or navigating the wilderness?”

You’ll have to perform a forced march unless someone successfully rolls Survival.

@Liao: Janira heals you for 1d8+4.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

"Please no. The wound will heal let me handle it."

If she does heal:

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

I fall unconscious at -2 hp.

stabilize: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15 Stabilizes

if she doesn't heal:

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11

1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #9 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.