Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Evergreen Arc #8 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


101 to 150 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Janira’s Backpack:
  • potion of barkskin
  • potion of cure light wounds (2)
  • potion of feather step
  • potion of vanish
  • scroll of entangle
  • scroll of gust of wind
  • scroll of identify
  • scroll of mage armor (CL 6)
  • scroll of obscuring mist
  • wand of burning hands (CL 3, 4 charges)
  • wand of cure light wounds (CL 3, 8 charges)
  • acid flask
  • alchemist’s fire (2)
  • holy water
  • smokestick
  • tanglefoot bag
  • thunderstone
  • antitoxin
  • sunrod (2)

The caves are damp and slippery, and usually about 7 feet wide and high. Some tunnels are tighter or more spacious though. The walls are covered with patches of blue-green luminescent fungi that provide dim light.

Petroglyphs periodically decorate the walls, mostly with marine animals and spiraling shapes. The deeper you travel, the more of these wall paintings that you find.

Once you divide up Janira's items, I'll put a list in the campaign tab for reference.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

I can use the Scroll of Mage Armor and the wand whose hands are burning says the wizard.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ash peers into the backpack, "It doesn't feel quite right using her gear, but without Janira, it might be best if we do." He moves a few things around in the pack, his hands landing on two potions, "If none of you object, I would like a potion of cure light wounds and the potion of feather step, I can also use the cure wand if needed, but I suspect the rest of you can as well."

Ash continues to look at the pile, "I also would not mind an acid flask."

I count it out as two magic items, and two alchemical items roughly apiece, with a few left over.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"She brought it for this mission, best to use it for this mission," Raul reassures the Shoanti, "Besides, hopefully we will not run into any trouble in here and be able to return it all to her when she catches up with us."

Raul looks through the inventoried contents and chooses: a potion of barkskin, a scroll of entangle, a tanglefoot bag, and a flask of holy water.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

Maudi blocks most of the light from outside as he lands before the cave entrance. "I could have taken that two-legged cow. I fail to see what all the fear is about. You all reek of it. I cannot let Raul get into trouble without me, though. Much more disgraceful than running away from a grass-chewer."

The vulture hops along through the tunnel, slower than the rest, but surprisingly well, as though he can sense where he's going in the dark. Once the fungus begins to illuminate the cave, he has even less difficulty.

Grand Lodge

HP: 13/13 l AC: 13, T 11, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +1, W +1; +3 vs. enchantments l Bloodrage (7/7) l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Craft: Jewelry +9, Kn. Arcana +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5
Female NG Half-Elf Bloodrager (Spelleater) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Raul's right; she packed all this stuff for a reason so I'm sure she'd prefer we use it if we need it instead of one or all of us dying because we didn't," Minna agrees as she peers into the pack.

"Hum...I guess I'll take...this, this, that, and that," she says after a few moments of studying the items. Her selections are the second wand, a scroll whose writings are familiar to her, one of the alchemist's fires, and the solitary thunderstone.
______

Minna can take the wand of Cure Light Wounds, the scroll of Obscuring Mist, an alchemist's fire, and the thunderstone if that's okay with everyone.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

Okay by him

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

A copy of Janira's backpack is on the campaign tab, including who is currently carrying each item. Please let me know if any changes need to be made to the list--currently, Quintillus is carrying the pack, and thus all unclaimed items.

GM Rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 5

DC 10 Survival or Knowledge (dungeoneering):
The hole in the ground is 10 ft. deep and appears artificial.

The narrow tunnel twists and turns for several hundred feet before slowly opening to a wider passage. A large hole spans the cave’s width and stretches ten feet down the path. At the bottom of the pit lies a small bundle of cloth, snagged on one of many spikes. The corners of the pit are rounded, and the tunnel walls don’t look easy to climb either.

How does everyone cross the pit?

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

K: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"It looks as though someone dug this pit," he says, pointing at tool marks on the stone, "Probably to keep strangers out."

Raul takes out a coil of silk rope and begins to knot it. "Is anyone decent at climbing? Or jumping?" He looks at the others. "If not, I can hold the rope while you all climb into the pit, then I will join you. Maudi will fly to the other side with the rope, and we will all climb out."

The DC for a knotted rope against a wall is 0, so we should all be able to Take 10 for going up and down the rope. Maudi's STR is 12, with a maximum lift of 260 lbs, so at the very least Raul can climb up the other side with Maudi's support. Then Raul's maximum lift is 350 lbs, so that should take care of the rest. The only challenge might be Durm. How much do oreads weigh?

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

Can the more athletic types perhaps leap across the pit? inquires the wizard.

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

I don't have a specific weight for Durm, but I expect it is less than 350 lbs, and more than 200.

Durm takes a running start and tries to leap the pit. He clears it easily.

"One problem solved."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

While I didn't post anything before, Durm does not take any of Janira's items at this time.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ash looks down into the pit... (Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12) ...he looks to Raul, "Agreed, somebody doesn't want us in here."

He thinks for a moment after watching the Oread cross, "Raul, you should assist anybody that needs help climb down. Check the pack while you are down there, and then throw the rope up to Durm and I on the other side. We will make sure everyone make it to safety."

Acrobatics (+2 to jump): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Ashwalker takes a running leap across the pit and lands next to the Oread.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"That sounds good. Catch my pack." Raul tosses his backpack to the other side and then lowers the knotted rope into the pit. The hunter chuckles and adds, "Maudi probably did not want to hold you all anyhow."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

The vulture fluffs his feathers and then makes a short flying hop across the pit, waddling behind the oread and the Shoanti. "Of course I did not want to carry them. I would have, just to prove my superiority, but still... see what my wondrous wings can do?" Maudi poses regally behind the two men, undaunted by the fact that nobody can understand his thoughts.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Parables: 5d12 ⇒ (11, 6, 5, 6, 1) = 29

DC 15+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 17+ Appraise or Perception:
The Tailor is depicted sewing together a long cloth featuring many patterns that wraps around a city like a moat, referencing Aroden’s proclamation that when the fate of all peoples is woven together, it shall be humanity’s greatest strength.

These parables are slightly different than those that appear in the known version of the History and Future of Humanity, suggesting that these might represent an earlier version of the work.

Even though Aroden disappeared over a century ago, these caves store a hint of his divine magic (like a wand with a single charge left) that can impart a minor blessing to those who perform a short series of rituals based on the parables.


DC 18+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 20+ Appraise or Perception:
The Hunter is depicted slaying a giant serpentine creature and then parading a trophy through the city streets--a sign to all humanity that the wilds are safe to inhabit once the monsters are slain.

DC 21+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 23+ Appraise or Perception:
The Fisherman is depicted hauling in an enormous catch of small fish to take back to Absalom, illustrating Aroden’s declaration that a great host of creatures could accomplish a great task, whether that be taming the wilds or feeding a nation.

DC 24+ Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics OR DC 26+ Appraise or Perception:
The Artist is depicted painting murals on the walls of impressive buildings, associated with Aroden having painted the city of Absalom with beautiful colors so that it might awe all who visited.

About 50 ft. after the pit, the tunnel curves and you find a plank big enough to span the pit. The tunnels continue on, leading deeper beneath the Kortos Mounts until they eventually open into a large cavern. What must have once been beautifully carved reliefs and inscriptions have since weathered heavily, their features dulled and softened to the point that it is hard to distinguish what each once depicted. A wide tunnel exits the cavern on its far side, and blue-burning torches line the passageway’s walls.

The carvings here are different in style from the petroglyphs found elsewhere. It seems like there might have been a dozen carvings at some point, but only four are still decipherable. As best you can tell, they are images from the History and Future of Humanity, the principle holy text of Aroden.

If you speak Aquan or Azlanti, you get a cumulative +2 bonus on the above checks.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

Crossing the bridge the young wizard looks in wonder at the depictions on the wall. Some of this theological training comes back to him as he examines the carvings.

Know Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

I am able to make out 2 of the carvings. The Tailor is depicted sewing together a long cloth featuring many patterns that wraps around a city like a moat, referencing Aroden’s proclamation that when the fate of all peoples is woven together, it shall be humanity’s greatest strength.

These parables are slightly different than those that appear in the known version of the History and Future of Humanity, suggesting that these might represent an earlier version of the work.
Even though Aroden disappeared over a century ago, these caves store a hint of his divine magic (like a wand with a single charge left) that can impart a minor blessing to those who perform a short series of rituals based on the parables.
The Hunter is depicted slaying a giant serpentine creature and then parading a trophy through the city streets--a sign to all humanity that the wilds are safe to inhabit once the monsters are slain.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Ash raises his earthbreaker to shed more light. After hearing Quintillus speak, he nods before pointing to the third relief, "I also see a fisherman, back from his day at sea. There is the basket, and there is one of the spires of Absalom." He traces the tower in the air with his finger. "If I am not incorrect, this may be Aroden's call that any group large enough can accomplish any task, your speaks of taming the wilds, this speaks of feeding all."

The Shoanti nods to his allies, "I would be willing to take the lead. I may not be trained in the thiefly arts, but I am not blind."

Grand Lodge

HP: 13/13 l AC: 13, T 11, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +1, W +1; +3 vs. enchantments l Bloodrage (7/7) l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Craft: Jewelry +9, Kn. Arcana +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5
Female NG Half-Elf Bloodrager (Spelleater) 1 l Active Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Though Minna can appreciate the general artistry involved in the carvings, she finds herself unable to really 'see' the images that Quin and Ashwalker do.

"I don't know how you two are doing it, but I'm looking right at these things and I can't make out doodly-squat," she comments. "But I'll take your all's word for it. So this is all stuff relating to Aroden, eh?" She whistles. "That's a pretty big deal, right? Definitely the sort of thing the Society'd wanna know about! Should we be taking notes or anything?"

"Oh, and feel free to take the lead Ash - I can follow along at the back unless someone else wants to. As long as there's at least a little light then I can make sure nothing trails along behind us."

Grand Lodge

HP: 6/6 l AC: 15, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 10, 14 vs. trip l F +3, R +4, W +1 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +8, Low Light Vision, Scent
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Stealth +10, Survival +2
Female Arctic Fox Familiar (Protector) 1 l Active Conditions:

From her resting place on Minna's shoulders, Stela also peers curiously at the wall carvings.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Okay, for once I agree with Minna...I'm not seeing a fisherman or anything else! I just hope you two know what you're talking about!

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Do not feel bad, Minna. I cannot see what they see, either," Raul confesses. "However, I should write this down." He asks the others to repeat themselves and hurriedly scribbles down their insights.

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Durm looks around, but clearly doesn't see anything special about the art. "Gill people draw this?" he asks skeptically.

Then he wanders about the rest of the room looking for anything else that might be interesting.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"There is a tunnel over here," the hunter calls to the others as he inspects the wall, continuing to fail to put any pieces together.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 20 Knowledge (local or religion):
Gillmen do not worship Aroden.

The soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow of the nearby torches to reveal a grand chamber. A large pool of water along the chamber’s southern edge reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the east and west.

Rising up from the pool is a column of rock with steeply sloped sides and a flat top, as if someone had sawn off the top of a massive stalagmite. A miniature city carved from this same stone occupies nearly the entire surface. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The smooth cavern floor is covered in gravel and pebbles along the edge of the pool, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey.

This cavern is not unoccupied though. A lone gillmen kneels in the water, seeming thoughtful and unaware of your presence.

The carvings are in the room with your tokens. This description is for the next room.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"Ho! Look here." Raul beckons the others to the connecting tunnel. "Do you see the man meditating in the pool in front of the miniature city? I wager that is a gillman."

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The wizard will cast detect magic.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 in case he detects anything

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Know Religion

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

It is odd he whispers, but gillmen are not known for their worship of Aroden. I wonder why this gillman is in a place sacred to the dead god>?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

The giant vulture takes to the wing and weaves between the stalactites until he is over the pool. With a swift beat of his wings, he glides over the gillman and lands on the carved city.

Maudi pecks at the giant centipedes until he catches one, which he bashes on the city streets until dead. He snaps it in half, swallowing part with a quick gulp and letting the other half drop onto the city below him.

He then spreads his wings before the gillman. "Behold my magnificent wings, creature of the water!"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Drops his forehead into his hand and sighs. "Ah, Maudi..."

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"So, let's go introduce ourselves, shall we?"

Durm heads toward the water.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ash nods, "Let's. There is only one of him, and perhaps he open to parlay."

Ashwalker follows the party towards the kneeling man.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The wizard will write down and sketch what he sees on the walls and the city in the pond

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Maudi: You have to actually attack the centipede.

Quintillus:
You detect multiple auras, but only one is currently identifiable. There is a cloak of resistance +1 folded neatly on the ground, beside the gillman.

The gillman continues his personal ablutions, either ignorant of your presence or intentionally ignoring it.

Any Diplomacy, Intimidate, enchantment spells, etc.?

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"Hey, Mr. Gillman. Do you mind if we approach you?"

Durm has neither the skills or enhancements to really be a point person, but he also lacks the social graces to stop himself.

Scarab Sages

Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

Vulture vs. Centipede:

Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Beak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Refined Focus: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Charisma)

Raul focuses his mind upon the grace and beauty of the desert eagles before he cautiously approaches the gillman in his meditation. He reaches out to touch the gillman.

"Forgive our intrusion. We mean you no harm. We are chroniclers seeking to learn about these caves. May we speak with you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

HP: 13/13 l AC: 13, T 11, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +1, W +1; +3 vs. enchantments l Bloodrage (7/7) l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Craft: Jewelry +9, Kn. Arcana +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5
Female NG Half-Elf Bloodrager (Spelleater) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, after the entrance Maudi made I don't think we have much choice but to go and say hello," Minna chuckles. As she follows Durm and the others towards the kneeling gillman, she calls out, "Um, hello! I hope we didn't come knocking at a bad time but we were in the area and figured we'd better come and say hello..."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"What? It's basically the truth!" she whispers as she realizes that Stela and perhaps some of her companions are staring.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The wizard will take a mental note of what he detects and continues to draw

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The centipedes seemingly enjoy the vulture's game, as they repeatedly skitter away just before his beak flashes at them--and some even crawl up and over his talons as they scrape the ground. But a minute later, when Maudi suddenly cuts one of the vermin in half, the others quickly flee into nearby cracks and crevices.

"Do not desecrate me with your filthy, land dweller touch!" The gillman stands up, throwing the cloak over his shoulders. "Leave this sacred place immediately!" He then cups his hands to gather some water from the pool, and pours it over the spot where Raul touched him, mumbling a prayer to himself.

Maudi completes one ritual for you (check the Campaign Info tab), but the gillman looks rather agitated by your continued presence. Do you stay or go?

Scarab Sages

Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

I've never tried this here (definitely not this way).

Intimidate (Influence Opponent's Attitude): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Helpful Duration: 1d6 ⇒ 1 x 10 minutes

When the gillman rebuffs Raul, the giant vulture flares his wings and shrieks. He hops into the air and flaps his wings violently, rippling the water around the miniature city.

"Who is filthy? Who? Little fish man, I will eat your liver for the offense."

Landing back on the miniature Star-Stone Tower, he glares menacingly at the gillman and snaps his beak several times.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Raul looks intimidated by the vulture's display, even if no one else does.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker steps forward, holding his earthbreaker in the least threatening position possible. He glares at Raul in the process.

"Good sir, we did not mean any insult; may Pharasma guide you." He bats away Maudi to the best of his ability. "Please forgive both this irritating bird and our forwardness, we were merely trying to get your attention. If there is anything we could do in return, say pray with you for example, to make up for this slight, please let us know. We came across the cave and were admiring the carvings, perhaps you could tell us more?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"Whoa! I don't think we meant to offend you, but I don't expect you to call those of the earth names either," Durm shouts, clearly offended.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"What are you glaring at me for?" Raul asks the Shoanti. "Maudi is his own soul, not a trained monkey. And rather protective of me."

The vulture is also at least 15' away from any of us (see map).

Scarab Sages

Companion to Raul the Hunter | Male NG Giant Vulture Courtly Companion (Magical Beast [augmented animal]) HD 2 | HP -5/14 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 (+9 vs. Disease) R +5 W +2 | Init +2 | Low Light Vision, Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 10 ft Fly 50 ft | Active Conditions: Refined Focus (Frilled Lizard +4 Intimidate)

Maudi spares a glare and hiss for Ashwalker.

"Irritating bird? From Pharasma's Chosen to 'irritating bird'? Oh, I do not know with whom I am most displeased: you with your mercurial admiration or this disrespectful fish man! If you were not under Raul's protection, I would most certainly demonstrate the divine sharpness of my beak and escort you to our Mistress myself. 'Irritating bird!?'"

Fortunately for all, nobody can speak with animals. I think.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Unless the situation changes promptly--either combat or the gillman suddenly becoming more chatty--Raul will withdraw from the pool and head for the south (down on the map) tunnel.

Grand Lodge

HP: 13/13 l AC: 13, T 11, FF 12 l CMD 14 l F +5, R +1, W +1; +3 vs. enchantments l Bloodrage (7/7) l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Craft: Jewelry +9, Kn. Arcana +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5
Female NG Half-Elf Bloodrager (Spelleater) 1 l Active Conditions:

"Whoa...I'm sorry I said anything," Minna responds, holding up her hands and slowly backing away. "Maybe we should just do what he says and scoot on out that other tunnel?"

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

Sir, we mean no harm and no disrespect to you or your oblations. However, we are here to explore this cave system and perhaps learn more about your culture? says the wizard as he finished up his drawings.

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"OK, write down in your notes: gillmen are mean spirited and stand-offish, and have a negative opinion of earth-dwellers."

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker shoots Durm a nasty look, "There is absolutely no reason to be rude."

101 to 150 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #8 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.