Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Evergreen Arc #8 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


1 to 50 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Please make sure to delete your dot-post, so that they don't clutter up the thread.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: "Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig's Paunch one hour before dawn."

Unsure whether breakfast will be served or how much time you will have after the briefing, everyone decides to meet a little early at an all night kitchen. Despite the hour--too late for last night's drunks, but too early for this morning's workers--the kitchen is still relatively busy.

Seeing your large group get in line, a halfling tries to cut in front of you.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"Please, go ahead," the well groomed Garundi says with a slight bow to the halfling as he moves aside, "You must have to get to work quite early this morning."

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

As the halfling cuts in, the walking boulder grunts. "Harumph. Too early for manners?"

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker watches the halfling with disappointed eyes. He says just loudly enough for everyone to hear, "If you are that hungry little friend, please pass into the line before us. But while asking for forgiveness rather than permission may make things easier, the eyes of the Pharasma sees all at judgement."

Ash then looks up, continuing to wait patiently.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The young Chelaxian gets in line. His robes are immaculate and not a hair or item is out of place. His crimson robes with hems of gold colored material are neat and orderly. On his side he carries a large sack which every once in a while moves. Occasionally a small head will pop out to look around and a grey lopped earred rabbit will look around, usually munching on a piece of cilantro or apple and will watch what is going on. The wizard reaches out from time to time to pet the rabbit and calm him as the line grows longer.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

A young woman with straw-colored hair and pale blue eyes wanders into the Pig's Paunch. Though dressed in what looks like a new suit of scale mail and carrying a longspear slung over her back, she doesn't truly look like the warrior type. A small brown and white weasel can be seen peeking up out of the woman's pack and over her shoulder.

"Ish this the right place?" she yawns sleepily as she stumbles into line with everyone else. "Don't see why we had to be here this early..." she mumbles. When the halfling suddenly cuts line ahead of half of the people waiting the drowsiness in the woman's demeanor seems to lift somewhat. "Hey! The rest of us are just as hungry as you, what makes your appetite so special?" she calls out. The weasel riding on her shoulder squeaks with what seems like agreement.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"If you are here to begin your confirmation, then you are--" Raul pauses a moment as the half-elven woman shouts at the halfling before he continues. "Then you are in the right place. My name is Raul. I am also beginning my confirmation today." He smiles warmly to Minna and then shifts his golden eyes to include the other adventurers present in the companionable expression.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"Oh yeahyeahyeah, that's right!" the woman says, snapping her fingers. "I knew it was something important but couldn't remember just what exactly." The weasel gives a rather long-suffering squeak in response to her words, causing her to glare at the critter.

"Hey! I knew it was important and that I needed to be here, okay? That's what matters!" she huffs before turning her attention back to Raul.

"Name's Minna and this here is my friend Stela," she grins as she offers her hand for a shake.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The halfling rises up on his toes a full inch or two to address the half-elf, "Everybody knows halflings have the fastest metabolisms, we HAVE to eat every few hours." then he starts loading a plate and replies to the Garundi man, "Yep, I have important business at the slave pits. Gotta get there before everybody else. I'm bringing them some flowers, if you know what I mean!"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

He takes Mina's hand in his own dark-skinned, well-manicured hand and squeezes firmly but gently. "A pleasure to meet you both."

"I too travel with a companion, but he usually waits for me outside of cities. He tends to unnerve the common craftsman. . . and guardsman," he states, the shifting of his gaze making it clear that he is including the weasel in the conversation.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Raul releases Minna's hand as he turns his attention down to the halfling. "Flowers? If that is a euphemism, then I am afraid it is lost on me."

He looks back to Minna with a puzzled arch to his brow. "I did not realize slavery was legal in Absalom."

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

The towering Shoanti looks slightly displeased at the Halfling but speaks to Raul, "Absalom functions on the blood of the repressed like most of the Inner Sea. It is an unfortunate reality. "

He frowns and crosses his arms, looking like he would rather be anywhere else but in this line.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"Unfortunate, indeed," he replies to the Shoanti, nodding. "I was under the apparently mistaken impression that, with the exception of the Empire of Cheliax, Avistan was largely free of slavery."

Raul strokes his short, dark beard. "A consideration for another time, I suppose. Are you, too, here for confirmation?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

The halfling perks up at Klah's complaint, "But not forever, it doesn't!" and informs Raul, "Cheliax is the worst! Me and my friends go there all the time. When we come back, tons of people always come with us, they hate Cheliax so much!"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"I certainly have no plans to visit the Empire of Devils, but as a Pathfinder, I must go where my missions take me."

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Klah smiles at the halfling, "I believe I may have misjudged our short friend here. May I purchase your meal in recompense?"

Klah then turns his head to Raul, "You mean Initiate do you not? We are not Pathfinders, yet."

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

There are often angels who work within the Empire of Devils remarks the Chelaxian.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 10+ Knowledge (geography):
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

DC 15+ Knowledge (geography):
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

DC 15+ Knowledge (history):
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

DC 20+ Knowledge (history):
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

DC 25+ Knowledge (history):
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Klah and the halfling, Thimblefoot, seem to hit it off, though their conversation seems odd to the rest of the group, as if they are missing something. The Society calls though, and soon you have to head off to The Pig’s Paunch, a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born.

“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The wizard pulls out a piece of parchment and a journal and begins to write down notes .

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

K: Geography: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Raul bows politely to Janira as she is introduced. Once the Master of Scrolls departs, the Garundi asks, "How many days will it take us to reach the center of Kortos?"

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

No knowledge checks.

Klah enters The Pig's Paunch. His stoic demeanor remains constant, but there is an early imperceivable wrinkle to his nose as he passes through the main room. He drops the head of his massive earthbreaker with a loud 'thud' before gently leaning its hilt against the table. He bows his head in acknowledgement to his superior before sitting down as instructed.

As Janira approaches he stands as quickly as he sat. As Shaine provides the description of the Pathfinder and she provides them the explanation of why the group called, Klah extends his hands in welcome to Janira, "It is an honor Pathfinder. We shall not disappoint."

He shakes his head slowly as Shaine wanders off without any further explanation, but continues with Janira, "Ma'am, could you tell us more about these gillmen, or about anything else you witnessed in these caves?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"Come back alive, huh? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the most important part of all," Minna jokes as she listens to Janira lay out the general plan for what their Confirmation will involve. "Good thing we'll have Janira 'Ever Prepared' Gavix going with us - that pack looks like it's crammed with enough gear for a small store," she adds with a good-natured pat on Janira's shoulder.

"So, uh...like my two pals here said, anything super-important we should know before we get this show on the road? I'm, uh...not really from around here so I don't know anything about the area."
________

Minna doesn't have either of the relevant knowledge skills either, sadly.

Grand Lodge

HP: 5/5 l AC: 15, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 6, 10 vs. trip l F +2, R +4, W +3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1, Low Light Vision, Scent
Skills:
Acrobatics +10, Climb +10, Escape Artist +3, Kn. Arcana/Dungeoneering +2, Stealth +14
Female Weasel Familiar (Sage) 1 l Active Conditions:

Kn. History: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Kn. Geography: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Stela chitters with some frustration as it quickly becomes apparent that neither Minna nor any of her companions save Raul seem to know anything about the area or its history. She quickly scampers down onto the table and gives Raul an approving head-bump when he names their destination as the center of Kortos.

But you forgot to tell them about all the dangers! Er, whatever they might be, anyway. At least it might be worth it if we really get to see a gillman...
______

Since Stela has no way of actually verbalizing anything she might know from a knowledge check, her antics are basically going to just be roleplay-only until she gets Speak with Master at 5th level. Just giving the GM/party a heads-up!

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"These gillmen.. they seem a friendly sort? Be nice to explore some caves again, though."

The large stony-faced guy seems to be a man of very few words.

"Does that pack have everything we need?"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Squats down and lowers his open hand to the weasel after being bumped by her head. "Something you need? I regret that I am not as skilled as some hunters in speaking with animals," he adds apologetically and then strokes the weasel behind her ear.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Janira listens patiently to each would-be-Pathfinder in turn before answering. "It should take just over a day and a half by foot, Raul.

"Sure, Klah! Gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They're a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water. As to the caves . . . that's exactly what you are being asked to find out. The only known permanent surface settlement of the gillmen is in Escadar. Why they're venturing into the foothills of the Kortos Mounts is a mystery.

"That's a good idea, everyone. Let's open up our packs and take inventory to see if we're missing anything important. Come now! Dump your gear on the table, this'll be fun!"

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker looks a little disgruntled, "You may call me Ashwalker, or Ash if that is easier for you," before he raises and eyebrow and continues "Your explanation of the Gillmen was peculiarly specific Janira. What exactly is your area of expertise?"

Ashwalker then sighs at the request to empty his belongings. He carefully places what little has on the table, and then displays a clearly empty backpack to show he has no more.

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

The wizard will empty his pack, showing his spellbook and scrolls, a few vials of alchemists fire and holy water.

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Raul hoists a heavy pack onto the table and unties the rolled bedding and bundle of rope from the top, setting them to the side. He then begins to carefully arrange the items in his pack onto the table in neat rows. The Garundi man pulls a sheaf of parchment from a wide pocket on the pack and taps the edges of the pile to keep them in line. He sets a charcoal writing stick down, parallel to the right hand edge of the papers. Ten candles are placed in two rows like little soldiers. Eventually, he has everything removed from his pack and set just the way he wants it, including two small vials whose corks fail to keep the acrid smell of vermin repellent contained.

"Ah, there we are. I'm ready for your inspection, Pathfinder Janira," Raul states a little proudly, "I will need to purchase trail rations before we set out, now that I know how long we can expect to be gone."

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"Okay, you got it," Minna shrugs as she takes her backpack and unceremoniously dumps the contents out onto the table. Amid the pile can be seen a bedroll, a canteen, some rope, some flint and steel, a few torches, and some rations. Two items stand out from the otherwise mundane pile of gear - a set of delicate-looking tools of exceptional quality and a wooden holy symbol depicting a butterfly.

"Ooh, I'd wondered where that went," she says as she quickly grabs the holy symbol and hangs it around her neck. "What?" she continues, glancing at Stela. "I told you I was half-asleep this morning when we were getting ready! So I just grabbed everything up and stuffed it in the pack so we wouldn't be late. I can organize later!"

"Besides, it looks like Raul here has enough organization for three or four people," she grins as she watches him lay out his items neatly. "And our resident uh...mage seems like he's pretty prepared too! It is mage, right?"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"It helps to know where things are when you need to retrieve something quickly," Raul comments over his shoulder as he taps a stray candle back into formation.

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"Umm, I thought I was over equipped. Will I be needing a pack, then?"

Durm has no bag, and really not much on him. His clothing is barely more than rags, hanging loosely on his stony body, and besides the three short spears he holds, you can see a few axes and a sling tucked in his belt (which is simply a short hemp rope tied around his midsection).

"Hmmm, pretty butterfly. I don't have one of those either."

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker sighs, I am going to have to go shopping again, I hate shopping.

He then speaks, "It appears we at least need extra rope, rations, and some torches. I can also cast light, and will do so. I am afraid I do not have enough gold to deal with a swarm should we come across one."

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Raul chuckles and raises a finger. "That, my companion initiate, is what vermin repellent is for," he counsels, "Cheaper than flasks of alchemists fire. They find you utterly unpalatable and simply go somewhere else. Very useful when travelling through the jungle or spelunking."

Grand Lodge

L-N Male Oread Monk 1 (Master of Many Styles, Monk of Sacred Mountain) HP: 7/10 | AC: 16 (Tch:16, FF:13) CMD: 19 | F: +3 R:+4 W: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +7 SM: +7 Darkvision 60' | Active Conditions: none

"Jungle swarms? Like monkeys? I have money, if we need supplies. Where can we get this monkey repellent?"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"A decent alchemist should have some in stock," Raul answers after a brief pause.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"Wait, monkeys? They live around here?" Minna asks, looking puzzled. "I'd always heard they lived in, well...jungles. Not places like this. Aren't we too far north?"

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

"I study lots of subjects with Master Shaine, but especially arcane lore and history."

Janira picks up Quintillus' flasks, "Hopefully we won't need these, but if we do, we'll all be very glad you brought them!

"You're quite the orderly one, Raul, aren't you!

"Durm, every Pathfinder must prepare in her own way. Although I must admit, most agents do bring a little more equipment than you did.

"No, no, you don't have to worry about monkeys on Kortos. I think Raul was referring to another adventure he went on. Right, Raul?

“But on to the details of the mission at hand, we do have to get there by a certain time,” Janira says with an eager grin. “After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"To be fair, I was not the one who brought up monkeys," Raul corrects with a playful arch of his brow and quirk of his lips.

He pushes a stray lock of hair under his turban and listens to the rest of the debriefing before asking a question. "I certainly do not mind a brisk hike across the island, but is there a reason we are not riding to the caves?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"Maybe there aren't any good roads or paths leading out that way," Minna offers. "Don't get me wrong, riding would be nice instead of walking but as long as we get to get out and move a little then it's all good to me and Stela!"

"Um...but what did you mean by 'local inhabitants'?" she asks nervously. "Clearly they're not monkeys but it sounds like they're still something to worry about."

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker stands tall, "While a horse would be a fine idea, I cannot afford one. So unless you're offering I believe we will be walking by foot."

He shakes his head at Mina, "I do not believe that monkeys are anything we should be worrying about at the moment. Perhaps Janira would be kind enough to explain to us why the moon could be something we need to watch for - other than simple timing that is."

Silver Crusade

LG human Conjuror | AC 12 (16), T 12 (16), FF 10 | 7 hp | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3;| Init +8 | Percep +5 (Familiar Bonus) | CMD 12

What types of creatures might we encounter on our travels inquires the wizard as he continues to take notes.

Grand Lodge

HP: 10/10 l AC: 15, T 10, FF 15 l CMD 12 l F +2, R +0, W +5, +7 vs. enchantments l L1: 1/2 l Init +0 l Senses: Perception +3, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +9, Craft: Jewelry +4, Kn. Nature +4, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4
Female CG Half-Elf Shaman (Unsworn Shaman) 1 | Active Conditions:

"If you're sure..." Minna responds to Ashwalker, though she still sounds dubious. "And she just said that the gillmen always seem to show up right at the full moon. Sounds like the 'why' is what we're supposed to find out, right Janira?"

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

Raul chuckles as the others continue to mention monkeys. He begins to stow his equipment back in and on his pack while he awaits Janira's answers.

Liberty's Edge

NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

Ashwalker hrumphs, "I thought the thing we're supposed to do is explore the caves, not explore the Gilman's habits. This is all very confusing."

Scarab Sages

230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"We can do both. Any new knowledge is a treasure," he responds to the Shoanti's admission of confusion.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Cosmic Captive Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

”The area we’re heading to is controlled by a large centaur tribe, Raul. If we cross paths with any of them, they’ll see the horses as an affront and might become dangerously unfriendly. Our mission is to explore the caves and investigate the gillmen activity, not fight the local populace.

"Minna, there's always the chance we may run into bandits along the way, and there are dozens of kinds of predators in that forest. That's why we should always be as prepared as possible.

”I know what you’re thinking, Klah, but I have no reason to believe the gillmen activity has anything to do with lycanthropy. And yes, Minna, learning the why is part of your assignment.

"Now that everyone is ready, let's get to know each other while we're hiking. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!

"I'm from Eastgate and have six younger brothers and sisters. Our father is a porter who delivers purchases to stores' customers, but I always wanted to be an adventurer! My family all worship Desna, but we respect other religions too. Everybody needs a god or goddess to watch over them!

"At first, I wanted to travel and see the world, but then Master Shaine got hold of my imagination, and now I help him discover and preserve knowledge. One day, I’ll have a discovery published in the Chronicles!

“Now, tell me all about all of yourselves!”

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
230524-9 | Male NG Human (Garundi) Courtly Hunter 1 (Ultimate Intrigue pg. 64) | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMD15 | F +4 R +5 W +2 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: Aspect of the Eagle (+2 Cha)

"I was born to a moderately wealthy family," he begins as they walk down the streets of Absalom. "My father had two sons and two daughters. I am the youngest. My brother, Kasim, will inherit our father's ranch when the time comes.

"As a youth, I raced horses and hunted with my brother and cousins. My father tried his best to teach me the ways of the merchant so that I could help my brother, but I always preferred to be out in the wild, watching the beasts of the air and sand." The Garundi smiles and daydreams of his childhood for a few moments. "As the years passed, I gained a reputation as a precocious hunter and was invited to hunting trips in Osirion, Nex, and even the Mwangi Expanse.

"On one of those journeys to Osrion, I came across a large nest that had been pulled down by a leopard. I slew the leopard and found that one of the three chicks in the nest had survived. I was quite enchanted by the little, white feathered bird, so I took him with me and tried to rear him."

Raul chuckles to himself at some unspoken joke. "If only I knew how big he would grow."

Once outside of the city, he pulls out a tin whistle from under his collar and blows silently.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Hunter (divine hunter, verminous hunter) 1 Human(Shoanti) | HP: -2/17 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 , SM: +7 | Speed 35ft | Shirt Reroll: 1/1, Vermin Focus 2/3 min, Goodberry 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 0/2 | Active conditions: Beetle Focus (+2 Nat AC), Ant Focus (+2 STR), Lead Blades

The hulking man listens to Raul intently, his enormous earthbreaker rests across both shoulders as his wrists droop over the hilt at each end. He appears to be slightly confused at what is going on.

After hearing Raul's lengthy introduction, Ash's head seems to clear a little; he stands tall and holds the earthbreaker with one hand, "I am Ashwalker of the Skoan-Quah, chosen of Pharasma, deliverer of souls, and walker of the Cinderlands..."

He looks around, clearly unsure what to do with the small talk in which he has been requested to engage.

"I uh...had a pet scarab beetle once. As he had no soul to be judged by Pharasma, I have ensured he will always be remembered by me and had his shell ground and added to my own body," he explains as he hefts a thumb over his shoulder to point to the clear tattoo that covers most of his back, shoulders, neck, and head.

A little startled by the silence that follows his explanation, he stammers as if an afterthought. "By the shout of the earth and the silence of the dead, we will succeed at our mission Janira."

Once out of town he picks a handful fresh berries from a nearby bush. He waves his hands over them while uttering some magical words.

Spellcraft DC 15:
Goodberry
Number!: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Seven of the berries glow a more vibrant red momentarily before returning to normal. He hands everybody in the party one berry, while keeping two for himself and handing Raul one extra. "These are good for you to eat if you are hurt, or more importantly to feed to another if they are hurt. Raul, as your companion also may find himself hurt someday, here is another."

1 to 50 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #8 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.