Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Evergreen Arc #7 (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

maps


1 to 50 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Please make sure to delete your dot-post, so that they don't clutter up the thread.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 10+ Knowledge (geography):
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

DC 15+ Knowledge (geography):
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

DC 15+ Knowledge (history):
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

DC 20+ Knowledge (history):
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

DC 25+ Knowledge (history):
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.”

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born.

“But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, “Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane looks at Janira.
"is there anything that you can tell us about the caves that we are about to enter? You have been in their once before."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Seidr looks bemused as Kreighton leaves, then turns to Janira and asks, Are the gillmen dangerous?

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

"Hello, my new adventuring mates." "My name is Purnel." " I am from Isgar originally, but have traveled a lot." "I look forward to working with you all."
Purnel then turns to Janira and addes, "It would be foolish not to ask, in the area of this cave, what else besides Gillmen could be lurking about?" "I have not been in Absolum long, and I know little of Kortos." "My interests since arriving a few months ago were to see the wonderful architectural marvels here and visiting with my family." "Please tell us what we might need encounter."

Purnel is dressed in plain looking traveling clothes. He has no armor, but has a spear by the door. He has a backpack and a three-segmented staff of some sort tied to the backpack.

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

Lightly snoring at one of the nearby tables, the few introductions wake up a woman with lavender hair, and quite an assortment of papers along side her backpack. Lazily looking at the group before yawning and stretching her arms overhead, she stands up and slinks towards the group. "I stayed up too late again on my experiments, so I decided to sleep there," she points with one hand while running here eyes with another. "I think I made something quite well, but haven't tested it out yet, if any of you all want to try. Sucy is my name though." Yawning once more, she moves towards her backpack and fiddles around with her backpack, making sure everything was in proper place.

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

Marcus, a dapper looking Taldan fidgets throughout the introduction. Once Shaine leaves he cocks his eye and looks at Janira.

"I presume this confirmation is mere formality as my father has commissioned several expeditions already. As some of you may know, I am Marcus Vulpares Fantailler, son of Marcus Vultulus Fantailler and heir to the Fantailler family estate."

He looks about, and seeing no signs of immediate recognition he sighs. "Marcus Vultulus Fantailler? None of you know of him? Hrmmmm very well... I am from the Fantailler estate, just north of Cassomir, on the banks of the Sellen River."

He pauses for a moment. "Well... more like near the Sellen River... a short hike from the Sellen River..."

He brightens up and continues. "I myself have spent much time researching several expeditions led by the Pathfinder Society that were sponsored by my father, and have taken part in one such expedition myself."

He puffs up with pride. "A very successful expedition if I may say so myself. Additionally, I have experience in the art of formal negotiations, fisticuffs, and traditional Taldan swordplay."

As he says this he leans back and shifts his finely crafted cloak to show off a full array of flashy ceremonial armor, inscribed with the crown of Taldor. Despite it's gaudy nature, it does appear fully functional. Marcus appears more intent on establishing his credentials than taking advantage of this opportunity to learn more of the task at hand.

GM:
Marcus is in fact a Kitsune. His bonus to disguise to maintain this specific guise is +17.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Janira listens patiently to each would-be-Pathfinder in turn before answering. "That's exactly what you are being asked to find out, Blane. The only known permanent surface settlement of the gillmen is in Escadar. Why they're venturing into the foothills of the Kortos Mounts is a mystery.

"Seidr, gillmen are a humanoid race much like humans save for the three piscine gills on both sides of their necks. They're a little secretive but not outright hostile. Most live in or near the water.

"You'll often have to do your own research on a mission, Purnell, and this is one of those times. Perhaps one of your companions has knowledge of the area and its inhabitants?"

As the questions start to wind down, Janira pulls out a large leather-bound journal and opens it on the table. “Before we set out, we should all get to know each other and review our plan. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!

"I'm from Eastgate and have six younger brothers and sisters. Our father is a porter who delivers purchases to stores' customers, but I always wanted to be an adventurer! My family all worship Desna, but we respect other religions too. Everybody needs a god or goddess to watch over them!

"At first, I wanted to travel and see the world, but then Master Shaine got hold of my imagination, and now I help him discover and preserve knowledge. One day, I’ll have a discovery published in the Chronicles!

“Now, tell me all about all of yourselves!”

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

Purnel nods at Janira's remark about research. "Well, can you tell us how long the trip will be to and from the cave? I have a few days rations but would hate to go hungry."

Purnel pauses for the answer then continues with "Will we need to climb with ropes and such to get to this cave?" Does anyone have rope and pitons?

Again he pauses for the others. He finally adds. "We will probably need light. Anybody have that magic trick to make stones glow? It would save us from carrying torches."

He smiles at the group and adds, "You can have all the weapons in the world, but without essential survival gear you may not last long in the wild." "Plus, we will need pen and paper to record all we uncover."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

I'm Seidr Kanzeon, and I draw power from the things-in-between. That's where most life is after all. I grew up in the Jade Quarter of Kalsgard as the child of a Huscarl and a Pei Zin healer, and learned how to take care of myself and others from both, though I'm much better with Pei Zin than a battleaxe.

I respect and revere Vildeis for her passion, and for her willingness to be the one that suffers for the good of all, though I don't always agree with how some of her worshipers destroy evil, killing an evil person only stops them at best.

I'm still a little uncertain about the Pathfinders, honestly. I've met some questionable people in my training, but I've seen a lot of truly noble ones too. I guess I'll find out if there's enough space in the Society for someone to use it to do good.

**EDIT**

Those are good suggestions, Purnel. I should gather some wilderness gear before we go. I can bring light into dark places though.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane pulls his dirty tattered hood back revealing his rat head
"i am Blane Bonesnatcher. I come to you from the Grimm mire swamp."
He shifts just enough to rattle the bones that are attached to the dirty tattered robe that he wares.
"i know my appearance is unsettling to most but i am here to help and learn."
shifting his attention to purnel
"thats a good idea i to shall go get some basic adventuring gear for this trip"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

Slowly nodding at everyone talking, the woman shakes her head suddenly before speaking up. "Ah! Yes, some camping equipment is needed! That's what I had forgotten. I apologize if we need to, oh? I'm not the only one to forget about some items?" With a sigh of relief, the woman pulls out a vial with a fiery orange liquid from her pack. "I would recommend some alchemical weapons, as they can help quite a bit from what I read during my studies." Sucy looks at the others as she talks, before realizing that she herself hadn't given a proper introduction.

"My name is Sucy Manbavaran, and I come from Oppara in Tale of. I had heard from some friends that the society would be a good place to expand my skills of alchemy, as well as my knowledge of various fungi to help with my experiments. If anyone wants to try, I do have a sample with me at the moment. Other than that, it is good to meet all of you, and I hope we have a good time with our research on these gillmen." She offers a vial of a purplish colored liquid, which if drank, foams in the mouth slightly, tastes of berries, and feels cool in the throat.

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

He shrugs at Purnel's comment. "It would certainly be important to have lanterns or torches if we intend to descend into pitch black caves."

He then pulls out a full scrivener's kit, including sealing wax and envelopes. "Do not worry about tools for recording. I have all that is needed to make a full official report of our excursion."

He smiles as Blane introduces himself. "Shelyn's beauty manifests in different ways. Perhaps we could get you fitted for more regal Tian attire? I have heard that feyfolk of ou-your kind can be found in many positions of importance."

He nods towards Sucy and adopts a quizzical look. "Mmmmyesss, I'm quite sure we will be lacking in most accommodations of the civilized world on this excursion. I am unaware of any proper dueling convention that utilizes alchemical solutions, however I'm sure those are only intended for use against foul beasts and bugs. Perhaps I shall procure some as well. I must say though, in my experience they taste particularly vile."

I'll buy a small collection of alchemical items. One Alchemist's Fire, Alkali Flask, Acid, Antitoxin, and Antiplague.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane scowls at Marcus.
"i am not a fey im a rodent. If you touch me to try and dress me up i will curse you."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Don't worry Blane, I'm sure Marcus was just making some suggestions, not trying to force you into anything. After all, we're heading to the Kortos Hills not the balls of Oppara; your robes are fine.

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

"I think Seidr is correct, as I am quite partial to robe myself, but they don't hold everything I need unfortunately. As for the taste of most alchemical product, the taste is lacking, but the benefits can be quite grand. Too bad there isn't a better sleep enhancer than whinnis, as it give quite the cottonmouth."

Sucy will buy a bedroll, waterskin, and four trail rations, as she already has sunrods and other alchemical gear.

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

"Well, now that we all are planning and equiping, I would like to discuss tactics." "I don't really carry any long range weapons. I have my spear, my sansetsukon and as a last resort, my dagger." "I have trained in unarmed techniques of defense as well. My old master and friend saw to that. Lien Shin Ti was is a master architect and master warrior. He helped me get started with the society." "Oh, and I have one alchemist fire as well, but I have never had call to use one before."

Looking at Sucy, "Do you really experiment on your body with those chemicals? And whinnis is a poison,
isn't it?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

I will gladly join you at the front Purnel, but my expertise is in my magic - Fire and Life, Seidr says with a crooked smile.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

"The caves are about a day and a half by foot, Purnell. And I haven't been into the caves yet, but climbing gear would be a smart choice!

"That's the spirit, Blane! And you too, Seidr! All the best Pathfinders join the Society to learn and to help others!

"You're quite the leader, Purnell! I have a good feeling about this confirmation already!

“Not to steal your thunder, but I do have to go over the details of the mission at hand before we can turn you into verified Pathfinders,” Janira says with an eager grin. “After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.

“The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"i am all set to go whenever everyone else is."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

"Oh yes, a very potent one at that! Sometimes it helps me, but not all the time. Miss Janira, how about we head through the market as we leave? It would expedite the process of us heading to the caverns. Now, as for my experiments, I found one that helps me quite a bit, especially with the explosions that come afterwards."

Grinning wickedly, the alchemist holds up a small green vial and shakes it towards Purnel before putting it in a pouch on her backpack.

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

"Hrmm. No need to get snappy Blane. I only meant... well..."

He sighs, and relaxes, revealing vulpine facial features. "...our features do not preclude the benefits of nobility."

He quickly recomposes himself into his human guise. "Well anyhow, with luck the gill-men will be willing to negotiate fair passage."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Seidr is visibly surprised by Marcus's changes, and asks with an inquiring smile, You know you don't have to hide anything here, right? You can show whichever face you like.

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

"I think we have covered the basics about ourselves. I am a halfling by the way not just a really short human." "I'm glad I got that off my chest." Purnell winks at Marcus."Thank you for allowing me to share." as he smiles at Seidr.

"I am ready for a good hike and a little cave exploration. Maybe talk with a few gillmen. Lead on Janira. I think we should get a move on with the full moon so close."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

"Of course, Sucy! Preparation is key to success!"

----------

GM Rolls:
Initiative (Blane): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Initiative (Marcus): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative (Purnell): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative (Seidr): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative (Sucy): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Perception (Blane): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Perception (Marcus): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Perception (Purnell): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Perception (Seidr): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Perception (Sucy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Enemy: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Stealth @ +4: 2d20 ⇒ (13, 14) = 27

Bite (red): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Bite (green): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

DC 11+ Knowledge (arcana):
Hippogriffs can attack with their teeth and their claws, for a vicious combo.

DC 16+ Knowledge (arcana):
They can make very sharp turns while flying.

If you roll 21 or higher, you may ask for more information.

Maps

Round 1
Effects none

  • Blane -
  • Purnell -
  • Red - charged
  • Green - charged
  • Janira -
  • Seidr -
  • Sucy - 4 damage
  • Marcus -

As the party progresses deeper into the forest, the trees towering overhead begin to shield most of what remains of the day’s sun and the vegetation beneath grows denser. Janira pauses a moment and pulls out an intricate silver compass emblazoned with the Pathfinder Society logo: the Glyph of the Open Road. “I received this wayfinder when I successfully completed my Confirmation. Should we be successful on our journey, you will get your own as well.”

She flips open the device and holds it in front of her; the initials J. L. are engraved into the inside of the device’s lid. After studying the compass inside for a moment, she remarks, “We’re on the right path. We need to keep heading northwest past those large rocks up ahead.”

Just as you are about to start moving again, two winged creatures that look like horses with an eagle head swoop down on your party. One flies right into a large branch, but the other begins making a meal out of Sucy.

Blane and Purnell are up.

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

Purnell reacts on instinct hurling his spear.

spear throw: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 green is target.

"Look out!" shouting, Purnell moves to just south of Marcus pulling out his sansetsukon.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane looks strangly at the red creature "blasted creature you shall pay for this." then starts cackling a siniser cackle
evil eye on the red target DC 15 will save. -2 to its atk rolls. A successful save reduces it to 1 round a failed save last for 8 rounds. Then cackle to extend it by 1 round.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

I forgot to mention before, the enemies were flying 5 ft. above you.

@Blane: Save failed, you can retcon your move action if desired.

GM Rolls:
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Fly (green): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Fly (red): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Bite (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Claw 1 (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Claw 2 (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Fly (green): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Bite (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Claw 1 (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Claw 2 (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Maps

Round 1-2
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Red - -2 attack
  • Green - 6 damage
  • Janira -
  • Seidr -
  • Sucy - 9 damage
  • Marcus - 7 damage
  • -----Round 2-----
  • Blane -
  • Purnell -

Purnell skillfully launches a spear at the green feathered creature, while Blane's gaze unnerves the other beast.

The first creature continues tearing Sucy apart quite quickly, but has trouble hovering in place, and has to regain some altitude. Marcus suffers the second beast's full, painful fury. But thankfully, it too has trouble flying.

And things finally start to turn the your way, as Janira begins a rousing tale of Pathfinder exploits, “Let us remember the sacrifice of the fabled Yasmin bint Faroud, favored of the Ten, who gave her life distracting Zythrustianax, draconic scourge of the Society, so dozens of junior agents could survive. Her act of benevolence is the epitome of cooperation within the Society.”

Everybody is up. The enemies are now 10 ft. up, and out of melee range.

@Purnell: You get an AoO on green when it flies back up (before Janira's performance starts).

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Get out of here! Seidr cries out, her eyes flashing with anger as she moves up to try to interpose herself between the creatures and Sucy. Cause Fear DC 16 Will save for Green

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

How are they out of melee range if they full attacked?

Marcus pulls a decorative silver knife out of a leather pouch on his belt. "Beasts! Perhaps we shall dine well tonight on the local cuisine... if we can force the blasted creatures to land..."

He hurls the blade with great force at the flying creature harrying Seidr.

"I'll be needing that back..."

Thrown Silvered Dagger vs Red: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 - 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

Purnell swings his sansetsukon ar the beast that attacked Marcus.

aoo swing str, bab, halfling, weapon focus: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"We are not your lunch, you flying feathered beast. Be gone."

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

Sucy takes a step back and pulls out a vial, quaffing it, hoping to not getting attacked again.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Oh, that wasn't nice. I may have a surprise for you."

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"be afraid of me you beast...hahaha."

evil eye the red again dc15 for -2 on skill checks. Then cackle to extend all 1 round...evil eye abilities do stack btw

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Marcus: Probably GM sleep deprivation, possibly outright stupidity. Your dagger is still in hand.

@Purnell: Per Marcus' correction, I wouldn't have provoked. Since you didn't take your turn, I'll use your AoO roll instead.

GM Rolls:
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Fly (red): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Bite (red): 1d20 ⇒ 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw 1 (red): 1d20 ⇒ 7 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Claw 2 (red): 1d20 ⇒ 11 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Maps

Round 2-3
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Red - 4 damage, -2 attack & skill
  • Green - 6 damage, frightened 1/?
  • Janira -
  • Seidr -
  • Sucy - 1 damage
  • Marcus - 7 damage
  • -----Round 3-----
  • Blane -
  • Purnell -

Seidr bravely steps up into the fray, instilling fear in one of the magical beasts by the sheer force of her arcane energy. And Sucy wisely steps back out of the fray, drinking a healing potion.

Marcus deftly hits the uninjured creature with a dagger, while Blane further weakens its abilities. Purnell swings his weapon wide of the mark.

One of the creatures flees, obviously flying from Seidr, while the other beast scratches futilely at Marcus. Janira continues orating, obviously excited by your quick successes.

Everybody is up.

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

Marcus steps to the side and his face transforms into that of his true vulpine self. With a sneer he kicks up dirt at the face of the remaining beast.

Dirty Trick to Blind: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 23
Bonuses from Dirty Fighter, Improved Dirty Trick, Flanking, and Inspire Courage

"Hah! Picking on us since we can't fly? Well now we'll pick on you who can't see!"

Blind for 1 round +1 for every 5 I beat the CMD by. The creature can remove the blind effect with a move action.

"Friends... let us take this beast for our supper."

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane keeps look at the beast and cackling "hahaha"

evil eye for -2 ac, dc15, and cackles to extend all for 1 round

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Human Female Alchemical Student/1 HP 10/10 | AC 14 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +0 | Init +3 | Per +4 | CMB -1 CMD 12

Looking at the creature left, Sucy pulls out her crossbow and loads it.

"May be a good dinner tonight. Plus I would like to learn more about these beasts."

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

Purnel seeing the beast in front of him flee, he immediately moves to help with the other eagle headed thing and swings at it.

sansetsukon swing, str,bab,hlg,wf,inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Seidr, that was fantastic! Your are wonderful!" "That thing will think twice next time."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Fly (red): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Bite (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Claw 1 (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Claw 2 (red): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Fly (green): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Bite (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw 1 (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Claw 2 (green): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Maps

Round 2-3
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Red - 7 damage; -2 AC, attack & skill; blind
  • Green - 6 damage, frightened 1/?
  • Janira -
  • Seidr -
  • Sucy - 1 damage
  • Marcus - 7 damage
  • -----Round 3-----
  • Blane -
  • Purnell -

Sucy draws and loads her crossbow, while Marcus blinds the remaining beast with dirt to its eyes. Blane adds insult to injury, and further insinuates himself into the creature's psyche. Purnell rushes over to help his allies, but swings before setting his feet and only gets lucky because the creature can't see.

Seidr is up. If she doesn't post within 8-10 hours, somebody please bot her turn.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Seidr bulks herself up as much as possible, straining to look as threatening as she can to the other creature, but her unfamiliarity with why they're attacking hinders her efforts.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

"Wait a minute, that thing flew off with my spear.", Purnel cries in surprise.
"That was my favorite spear. I got it for my birthday 6 months ago." , Purnel groans loudly.
Visibly upset, Purnel rants,"You flying feathered freak, I had better get my spear back, or I'll make one out of your bones."

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Purnell: Mechanically, you get your spear back, since it's not ammunition. It'll just take a little searching.

GM Rolls:
Fly (red): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Bite (red): 1d20 ⇒ 17 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Claw 1 (red): 1d20 ⇒ 13 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Claw 2 (red): 1d20 ⇒ 19 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 41

Maps

Round 3-4
Effects inspire courage +1

  • Red - 4 damage; -2 AC, attack & skill; blind
  • Green - 6 damage, frightened 2/?
  • Janira -
  • Seidr -
  • Sucy - 1 damage
  • Marcus - 7 damage
  • -----Round 4-----
  • Blane -
  • Purnell - 1 damage

Seidr tries to frighten the remaining creature, but barely even gets its attention. Purnell's attack definitely does though, as the creature furiously tries to find his soft flesh.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane keeps up the mind torture with a pleased look on his face whule laughing.

"hahaha im not done with you yet."

evil eye for -2 saving throws, dc 15, and cackling to extend all by 1 round

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

"Have at thee beast! The hunter becomes the hunted hrmm?"

Marcus thrusts forward with his knife and as soon as he makes contact with the creature, snaps his maw tight on it's throat.

Including Flanking and inspire courage bonuses

Stab: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Bite (Secondary): 1d20 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) - 1 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Assuming it's still blind, those should be against flat-footed AC -2

Grand Lodge

LG male Halfling Monk 1 |AC17, T17, FF13| 13/13 hp|fort+5, ref+6, will+4|init +5, percep +8| CMD 11 cmd14, bab+1, halfling Monk (unchained) 1

"These things are tough."

flurry with sansetsukon blow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

flurry kick: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8
dmg: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

{b]"But I am tougher."[/b]

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

Seidr moves towards the most wounded member of the party and begins the process of binding his wounds with an herbal poultice and a few well placed needles.

Healer's Way: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Seidr: What's is Healer's Way, and which ally are you targeting?

Status:
  • Marcus - 7 damage
  • Purnell - 1 damage
  • Sucy - 1 damage

Marcus and Purnell efficiently take down the remaining creature, and its dying scream seems to keep the other beast from returning.

”Congratulations! You all worked together well. See how much stronger you are as a team when everybody cooperates?” Janira chirps up before noticing Marcus' wounds. "Oh, no! That's a bad gash. Let me heal that for you!"

Several hours pass uneventfully, but then you start running into problems: first a recent landslide that blocks the trail, then a shortcut overgrown since a month ago. ”I’m afraid we’ll need to find a different path. If we don’t get there by dusk, we may have to wait a whole month for another chance! Is anybody well trained at tracking or navigating the wilderness?”

You’ll have to perform a forced march unless someone successfully rolls Survival.

@Marcus: Janira gives you 1d8+4 healing.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Ulfen/Tien) Pei Zin Practitioner 2 (Life Oracle) | LG | HP 19/19 | AC 18, T 11, FF 17 CMD 10 | Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perc -1 | Healer's Way: 6/6 | Level 1 Spells 6/6

It's basically Lay on Hands and Marcus

Survival to aid Purnel: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Seidr isn't used to roughing it in the wilderness, but grit and determination will still pay some dividends.

Sovereign Court

Male Barbarian 2 | N | HP 17/23 1NL, AC 17 (Barkskin), T 12, FF 13 | | F: +5, R: +2, W: -1 | CMD 21 | Perc -1 | Init +2

"Marcus looks at the rend mark. My word! That is a terrible gash! It will take hours to mend the fabric and remove the stains! Oh... the flesh wound you mean?"

He accepts Janira's soothing touch, and as the curative magics restore his flesh, a look of calm comes across his face and his features shift back to his human form.

Healing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Full healed

"Ah, that does feel much better. It takes a lot more than that to bring a Fantailler down. Many about my father's estate say that Fantailler's are too stubborn to die. My garment though... I'm sure a simple mending spell will suffice upon our return to Absalom."

Survival to aid Purnel: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Fail to aid

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane still smiling about the mind torture he gave the beast.

"him this does look to be a problem. This is all very different from my swamp."

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4

not gonna be able to assist

-Posted with Wayfinder

1 to 50 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Evergreen Arc #7 - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.