Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Granta's Cosmic Captive (June 9 - July 21) (Inactive)

Game Master Granta

Maps


251 to 300 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 36/36 | AC/T/FF: 17/14/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | SR 9 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 2/2 | Remaining Rage: 5/5

Graxzos swears aloud, seeing that his pistol doesn't seem to have done much to the circles, and reloads. When the statues emerge from the walls he swears again, more viciously. Rummaging in his pack, he yanks out a small, iron sphere and flips open a hatch on the top. Using his pudgy thumb, he depresses the red button underneath, and a faint ticking can be heard...

"'Melia! This gonna have a better chance 'against the stone ladies or these circles?? I'm guessin' the second!"

Bomb goes off in: 1d3 ⇒ 3 rounds.

Actions:

Swift: Reload (cartridge)
Move: Pull pellet grenade from haversack
Move: Arm grenade

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Amelia: Ah, I see it now! None of the attacks made it through the hardness though, so we don't need to retcon anything. And I'd already had a huecuva token out for you :-p

@Anduris, Anibal & Darvan: I made an error with the copy pasta. You only have to save vs. suffocation if you fail the save vs. fear by 5 or more. So nothing changes for this round, but keep that in mind for future saves.

GM Rolls:
Longsword (red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Longsword (yellow): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 - 12 damage
  • Warding 2 -
  • Distortion -
  • Earth -
  • Fire -

Maps

Round 2
Effects none
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain none

  • Anduris - suffocating (1/3), -3 Constitution
  • Anibal - 8 damage
  • Graxzos - 7 damage, grenade (1/3)
  • Amelia - 1 damage
  • Huecuva - 7 damage
  • Darvan - shaken
  • Sahba -
  • Hamith - -3 Constitution
  • Red -
  • Yellow -

Anduris literally chokes on his fear, but Anibal resists the terror better. Unfortunately, his arrow only grazes the statue and skips off harmlessly. Frustrated with his weapon, Graxzos arms a bomb and looks to Amelia for guidance.

Amelia continues hacking away at one of the circles, while her new friend defends her against the statues, but neither finds any success yet. While the fear creeps into Darvan's mind, it doesn't overcome him with terror. The druid manages to enchant his weapon, although Sahba still can't manage to scratch the circle.

Hamith's greatsword does a lot more damage though, nearly severing the warding circle entirely. Both statues swing their swords with great skill, slashing into Graxzos and the huecuva.

Everybody is up.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Keleshite) Druid (Saurian Shaman) 4 [ HP 31/31 | AC 21/T12/FF19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 ]

Will Save (Shaken): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
Fort Save (Shaken): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20

Darvan finds himself continuing to be shaken by the aura surrounding the guardians, but, seeing Sahba's ineffectual attacks, he orders her to flank one of the guardians and manages to step forward and swing his shillelagh to good effect.

Free action: Order Sahba to flank the guardian
Move action: As indicated on map
Standard action: Attack guardian
Attack (Shillelagh, Shaken, Flanking): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 28
Damage (Shillelagh): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15

Critical Confirm (Shillelagh, Shaken, Flanking): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 20
Critical Damage (Shillelagh): 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13

In addition, he attempts to beat on the same ward as Hamith is attacking.

Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17

The Exchange

Female Velociraptor Animal Companion (Druid) 4 [ HP 32/32 (4HD) | AC 21/14/17 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (Scent) ]

Sahba lithely moves forward, then doubles back to face and attack the statue, but her talons scrape ineffectually at the stone menace.

Move action: As indicated on map
Standard action: Attack guardian
Attack (Talon): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage (Talon): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 22 (T 13, FF 20) | CMD: 19 | F:+6 R:+4 W:+5 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: | Active Effects: Physical Enhancement from mental focus +2 to strength

rolling for when its needed
fort: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20 second save
fort: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5 third save

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

GM:I didn't see the token, my bad!
With my previous K. Arcana roll of 29, how should Amelia answer Grax? Which would be more susceptible to the blast damage?
In addition: New K. Arcana vs enemy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Missed that somehow, somewhere.. Weaknesses and resistance for the columns please?

Amelia calls out to the team. "Careful with your weapons.. they can shatter against those constructs! Thinking quickly, she grabs a scroll from her pack and begins reading it.
Move action to retrieve, Standard action to cast Haste on Grax, Sahba, and Darvan. I will get the other three next round.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Remember, anyone within 10 ft. of Hamith has +4 to saves vs. fear.

Hamith, keen to finish off one of the warding circles, strikes at the line once again.

"Once I finish this one, I will deal with the one causing the fear!

Mechanics:

Full-round action
Attack inanimate object (if it has already been destroyed, target fear ward.)

DMG, magic, slashing, power attack: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

In the confusion of battle Anibal notices Andrius choke and runs in his direction. Once he is next to the dwarf, he reaches into his pockets and pulls out an air crystal.

"Short for breath, eh? Can't say I blame you, but hold on for just a sec."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 36/36 | AC/T/FF: 17/14/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | SR 9 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 2/2 | Remaining Rage: 5/5

"Grah!!" Grax staggers backwards under the blow of the sword, but seeing that Darvan and Sahba have charged in to handle the guardian, and that Anibal is about to aid Anduris, he dodge backward out of the statue's reach. "I'll show yeh," he mutters darkly. "FIRE INNA HOLE!"

This is a conditional action, but since I have the time to post now and may not later today...basically he sends the grenade at whichever target Amelia tells him is better for that. (It deals bludgeoning, piercing, and fire damage.) If that's the circles, he tosses it to an intersection where none of his friends will be in the blast; if it's the statues, he tosses it at the one fighting the huecuva. He then blasts the other target (the circle or the statue fighting Darvan) with his pistol.

Grenade:
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Before any range increments.

Pistol:
Attack (assuming the statue): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 = 11 vs. touch
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Of course I crit on the one that gains no benefit from it. :*(

EDIT: forgot actions.

Actions:

None: 5' step south
Full-Attack 1: Grenade toss
Full-attack 2: Pistol
Swift: Reload (cartridge)

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Anibal: The air crystals wouldn't help with fear-related suffocation. There's already air available, that's not the problem.

@Graxzos: You forgot TWF penalties (-4/-8) and damage for the pellet grenade. Amelia would tell you the grenade is worthless against the circles, and slightly more helpful against the statues. Grenade: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14

@Amelia: Resistances already given. Transmute rock to mud can really hurt a caryatid column, and stone to flesh negates some of their defenses for 1 round. They have a a crappy AC, but good hit points. You can haste any five characters this round; remember, I resolve in initiatie order, so Sahba isn't yet 35 ft. from Anduris & Hamith. I'm assuming you and Graxzos benefit from it the least.

@Darvan: Damaging the ward is still an attack, and you don't have the BAB or actions to attack twice. Also, your club just took 12 points of damage from striking the caryatid. I'm willing to consider it a magical weapon while enchanted with shillelagh, but even so, it has already taken enough damage that it will be destroyed once the spell expires.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Shatter: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8
Longsword (AoO): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Longsword (Confirmation): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Longsword (yellow): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 (red) - destroyed
  • Warding 2 (yellow) -
  • Earth (green) -
  • Distortion (blue) -
  • Fear (purple) -

Maps

Round 3
Effects haste (Not Amelia & Graxzos?)
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain none

  • Anduris - shaken, -3 Constitution
  • Anibal - 8 damage
  • Graxzos - 7 damage, grenade (1/3)
  • Amelia - 1 damage
  • Darvan - weapon: 5 damage
  • Sahba - 11 damage
  • Hamith - 12 damage, -3 Constitution
  • Yellow - 6 damage

Graxzos throws a bomb at the huecuva and statue, destroying the former and scratching the latter. He then takes a rushed shot at the other enemy, but almost hits his own boots. Amelia draws a scroll and quickly activates it, speeding up her allies' movements.

Darvan delivers a monstrously strong blow--hard enough to cripple both the statue and his own weapon. Unfortunately, Sahba draws a wicked gash from the enemy. Hamith finishes off the first of five rune circles so, but the remaining statues tries to finish off him.

Everybody is up.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

I liked the way my GM is doing the graphics for this map, and added something similar to ours. Continue as is for now, but once this combat is over, we'll reference the colored circles for positioning.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Going with the assumption Hamith gets Haste'd

Hamith feels the magic flow through him, quickening his muscles, sending lightning down his spine. He places a hand to his breastplate and calls out to the Inheritor across time and space and a healing light suffuses his palm.

"Come then, if you think you can stop me," Hamith growls at the stone creature.

Mechanics:

Misc Action
5 ft step out of melee of yellow and toward the next warding circle.

Full-round action
Full attack (haste) on second warding circle.

Lay on Hands: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

DMG: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 4) + 10 = 20
DMG: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

I used a scroll to caste haste, so I only get to effect the minimum number of PC's per casting= 3.

"Hey!" Amelia calls out indignantly as the bomb destroys the huecuva. "We could have kept using that!" She quickly turns her attention back to her scroll and casts the second writing of the spell to include the other three members of her group. She then draws her sword again and moves back for the circles.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Keleshite) Druid (Saurian Shaman) 4 [ HP 31/31 | AC 21/T12/FF19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 ]

Does Darvan not being shaken mean he initially made the Will save? In case that's not the case, and not knowing the DC's, I'll throw the saves out there again.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Darvan orders Sahba to flank the other statue, then moves forward and continues his assault, swinging his near-broken shillelagh again.

Free action: Order Sahba to flank the other statue
Move action: As indicated on map
Standard action: Attack statue
Attack (Shillelagh, Haste, Power Attack): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 25
Damage (Shillelagh, Power Attack): 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 + 2 = 13

The Exchange

Female Velociraptor Animal Companion (Druid) 4 [ HP 32/32 (4HD) | AC 21/14/17 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5 (Scent) ]

Sahba, encouraged by her sudden rush of energy and speed, leaps forward and maneuvers herself into position.

Move action: As indicated on map
Standard action: Attack statue
Attack (Talon, Haste, Flanking): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage (Talon): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 22 (T 13, FF 20) | CMD: 19 | F:+6 R:+4 W:+5 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: | Active Effects: Physical Enhancement from mental focus +2 to strength

Anduris casts a spell to help him focus his thoughts. Heightened awareness: +2 perception and knowledge checks for 40 mins

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

The bounty hunter kneels down next to the dwarf, air crystal in hand. "Don't worry big guy, we're-", he stops mid-sentence, realising something.

"You seem to be - alright?", he lets out a strange hybrid of a sentence, himself not sure if it is a statement or a question. Confusion is clearly involved, but Andrius is breathing fine, even if he is a little paler than usual.

"Interesting...", Anibal remarks, pockets the stone, and turns towards the remaining statue.

I suppose those were at least two move actions, so carry on.

@Granta - showing someone with a panic attack that you care and are there in case anything happens. Can't be bad, can it?

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 36/36 | AC/T/FF: 17/14/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | SR 9 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 2/2 | Remaining Rage: 5/5

Whoops, sorry, the fact that it was a thrown and ranged weapon somehow made me not think about the TWF...

"Sorry, love," Graxzos grunts, "But tha' thing would've chewed through it in a few seconds anyhow..." He turns back to the circles and blasts the second warding circle with his pistol, reloading as he does so and calmly ignoring the melee behind him.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Actions:

Standard: Shoot circle
Move: Reload (normal shot)

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

Retcon per Gm.

Amelia drops her scroll, then draws her sword for another attempt on a warding circle.

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

[ooc]Free: drop scroll. Move: draw sword Standard: Attack


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Sorrina Westyr’s image appears, her hair windblown and a look of wonder on her face. “The Society's discoveries have weakened the prison of the powerful being sealed within Aucturn's Tear,” she pauses, studying a flotilla of crystal balls that hover around her. “Our divinations indicate that it’s now offering a fraction of its power to our forces!”

Behind Sorrina, a small army of Pathfinder mages are studying the floating globes. Then one of them whispers in Drandle Dreng’s ear. Abruptly, Drandle hurries to the forefront, his shaggy head appearing in the center of the Divination window. "ACG Warriors, make a run for it!" Hands gesticulating wildly, he shouts, “NOW!”

Table GMs, the Thunderous Aid condition is now in effect. ACG Tables, you may make a run for it.

We have 78/150 clues!

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Shatter: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8
Longsword (AoO): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 (red) - destroyed
  • Warding 2 (yellow) - destroyed
  • Earth (green) -
  • Distortion (blue) -
  • Fear (purple) -

Maps

Round 4
Effects haste (Not Amelia & Graxzos)
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain none

  • Anduris - shaken, -3 Constitution
  • Anibal - 8 damage
  • Graxzos - 7 damage
  • Amelia - 1 damage
  • Darvan - 12 damage, weapon: 6 damage
  • Sahba - 11 damage
  • Hamith - 1 damage, -3 Constitution
  • Yellow - 16 damage

Anduris summons some magic to aid himself, while Anibal seems shocked at the dwarf's sudden recovery. Graxzos fires a well aimed shot at the second ward, but his bullet bounces off harmlessly--and Amelia's sword has even less effect.

Darvan and Sahba quickly surround the second statue, and begin taking it down. For his part, Hamith quickly destroys the second warding circle! The caryatid column isn't done for yet though, as it delivers a wicked cut to Darvan.

Everybody is up.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

Frustrated with her lack of success on just about anything so far in this room, Amelia reaches into her pouch and grabs a small pouch. She takes a step forward and hurls it through the air at the construct attacking her friends.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Tanglefoot bag. Its all I can think of right now..

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

A rush of energy overcomes Anibal. His mind clearer, his fingers more nimble. He decides to make use of the situation and fires a barrage at the statue.

Flurry, PBS, Piercing: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 211d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
Flurry, PBS, Piercing: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 151d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Flurry, PBS, Piercing: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 231d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith, with rigid precision, plunges his greatsword into the next ward down.

Mechanics:

Misc Action
5 ft step toward next ward (earth I believe)

Full-round action
Full attack (haste) on Ward

DMG: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18
DMG: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 36/36 | AC/T/FF: 17/14/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | SR 9 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 2/2 | Remaining Rage: 5/5

"Grrrrah! Yeh know what? Fine, I'll leave the bloody circles t'Hamith." Graxzos turns to the statue. "C'MON YEH FLINTY LUMP, I'LL F*#%!IN' END YEH!" Dropping his pistol, he charges the statue with a roar.

Attack (rage, charge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Actions:

Free: Drop pistol
Free: Draw ax
Swift: rage for +4 to STR
Full-round: charge!


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

Even as the many-faceted prison spins and reconfigures itself, it cannot keep pace with the combined efforts of the Pathfinder Society. A refreshing breeze pours from the immense orb, restoring the agents' will to fight.

Table GMs, the Winds of Restoration condition is now in effect.

Clue Count:
120/150! Almost there!

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

It's been almost 48 hours, and two players haven't posted. Everybody, please remember to bot characters who don't post their own actions.

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 (red) - destroyed
  • Warding 2 (yellow) - destroyed
  • Earth (green) - destroyed
  • Distortion (blue) -
  • Fear (purple) -

Status:
  • Anduris - -3 Constitution
  • Anibal - 8 damage
  • Graxzos - 7 damage
  • Amelia - 1 damage
  • Darvan - 12 damage, weapon: 6 damage
  • Sahba - 11 damage
  • Hamith - 1 damage, -3 Constitution

Two of Anibal's arrows strike the creature, though with limited effect. Graxzos' running swing carves off even more stone, but not enough to down the enemy.

Hamith continues breaking the rune circles with ease, while Anduris and Darvan finish off the caryatid.

I'm calling the combat at this point. He's close enough that one of the missing actions should finish him, but we can't wait another day.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

Things quiet down for a moment, but you can sense this is just a lull in the storm--and you must hurry to make use of it.

As before, everybody may make one check to solve the puzzle orb or one round of attacks against the circles. Haste is still up for that, but will expire before the next combat.

In addition to the above, you have two rounds to heal, but no other actions are allowed. I know, it's weird, but you only get time to heal.

And lastly, please position your tokens according to the current images. You must be within 5 ft. of whatever you are acting on, be it a circle or the orb.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Keleshite) Druid (Saurian Shaman) 4 [ HP 31/31 | AC 21/T12/FF19 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perception +9 ]

The statue taken care of, Darvan turns to the warding circles and aids in Hamith's efforts.

Action: Attack purple circle (haste)
Damage (Shillelagh, Power Attack): 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 2 = 15
Damage (Shillelagh, Power Attack): 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 + 2 = 10

Refreshed by the breeze, he still thinks it best to take a moment to heal further. He taps himself and Sahba with his wand, which completes the healing process.

Cure Light Wounds (Darvan): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds (Sahba): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I assume that Darvan's shillelagh is no more?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith continues his onslaught against the circles and concentrates on the fear circle if Darvan is not successful in completely destroying it. Then he moves onto the disruption circle.

Due to the wind, he feels as well as he is able to feel despite the lingering damage to his constitution. He offers, "If anyone needs to be healed, you are more than welcome to join me and I will do my best to patch your wounds."

Mechanics:

Full-round action
Full-attack on fear ward provided Darvan hasn't destroyed it. Transfer any attacks to disruption in the event that it is destroyed.

DMG, magic, slashing, power attack: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14
DMG, magic, slashing, power attack: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

If anyone needs healing from Hamith's wand, feel free to take these charges.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

After the guardians are disposed of, Anibal moves back to the polyhedron, picks up his tools and continues with his tinekring. He responds to Hamith's question without turning his head, as he is focused ont he task at hand: "Yeah I might take you up on that one after I a'm do-"A wave of energy surprises and delays him for a moment, and his wounds spontaneously mend.

"Nevermind that. I'm good, thank you!"

WoR: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

Token is adjusted.

Amelia hurries over to a remaining circle and continues to try and batter at it with her sword.

Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 22 (T 13, FF 20) | CMD: 19 | F:+6 R:+4 W:+5 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: | Active Effects: Physical Enhancement from mental focus +2 to strength

Anduris shakes off his weariness and joins the rest to strike at the remaining circle with his sword.
damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 36/36 | AC/T/FF: 17/14/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | SR 9 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 2/2 | Remaining Rage: 5/5

Graxzos breathes hard as the fury leaves him, but the winds restore his spirits quickly. "Almos' there!" he barks, grinning, and (retrieving his pistol, if possible) takes a two-handed swing at one of the circles.

Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

@Darvan: Shillelagh lasts a minute per level, so I'd say you've got about 3 minutes left.

@Hamith: I directed your wand charges to Amelia and Sahba, which brings the whole party back to full hp.

Status:
  • Anduris - -3 Constitution
  • Darvan - weapon: 6 damage
  • Hamith - -2 Constitution

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 (red) - destroyed
  • Warding 2 (yellow) - destroyed
  • Earth (green) - destroyed
  • Distortion (blue) - 6 damage
  • Fear (purple) - destroyed

Together, Darvan and Hamith make quick work of the fear-inducing runes. Amelia tries to help them, but simply isn't strong enough to damage the hard stone.

Refreshed, Anibal contiues tinkering with the puzzle, but finds it noticeably harder this time around.

No successes with the puzzle this time, but the rune circles are almost gone.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Initiative (Amelia): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Initiative (Anduris): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Initiative (Anibal): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Initiative (Darvan): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Initiative (Graxzos): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Initiative (Hamith): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16
Initiative (GM): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Circles Status:
  • Warding 1 (red) - destroyed
  • Warding 2 (yellow) - destroyed
  • Earth (green) - destroyed
  • Distortion (blue) - 6 damage
  • Fear (purple) - destroyed

Maps

Round 1
Effects none
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain none

  • Graxzos -
  • Anibal -
  • Amelia -
  • Hamith - -2 Constitution
  • Anduris - -3 Constitution
  • Darvan - weapon: 6 damage
  • Sahba -
  • Red -
  • Yellow -

Two more statues, just like the first ones, burrow out of the ground and attack.

Everybody is up.

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 22 (T 13, FF 20) | CMD: 19 | F:+6 R:+4 W:+5 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: | Active Effects: Physical Enhancement from mental focus +2 to strength

Anduris reacts to the statues by striking at them even before they make their way fully out of the ground.5 foot step forward. should be flank and creature is FF I think...if it matters
slashing attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 112d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Hamith, seeing the threat in front of him, decides to quickly end it. He strikes out with his greatsword, hoping to end the creature before it has a chance to react.

Mechanics:

Standard Action
Attack yellow

+1 Greatsword, power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
DMG (slashing, magic): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 4) + 10 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

Anibal notices statues rising from the ground, and shuffles away from the puzzle before he is encaged by the creatures. ( 5 ft step )

As they finish their "ascension", Anibal attempts to right-hook one with his bare hands. Yellow

Unarmed, Blunt, Flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


"Doom Girl" Online VL // PbP EventsPbP Gameday GamesPBPGD6 New Player Game Finder // PbP GM Kit //Solstice Scar Maps // Claim to SalvationPlayer Folder

★ - OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT - ★

With the help of dozens of other Pathfinders, all working together, the last of the circles and their strange guardians fall!

Sorrina Westyr's image manifests to the Pathfinders, standing before a floating metallic polyhedron scribed with countless shifting glyphs. “We have done it! Now how to open this—”

A great crack interrupts the Master of Spell's musings, as an immense three-eyed giant with skin like hewn stone steps through a tear in space, with an army pouring out past her. The giant bellows so that all can hear. “I acknowledge your strength, little ones, for you have angered my benefactor enough to send me. I and my warriors, the Daemon Prayers, honor it with unyielding death. Seize the Vault! Slay them all!”

Sorrina Westyr urgently pipes in. “We just need a few more minutes to secure our prize and escape. Hold them off as long as you can!”

Drandle Dreng’s shaggy head appears once again in the divination window. “You heard her, Pathfinders!” He says, fist raised. “Go get ‘em!”

Table GMs, begin the final encounters.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

GM Rolls:
Initiative (Amelia): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Initiative (Anduris): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Initiative (Anibal): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Initiative (Darvan): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Initiative (Graxzos): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Initiative (Hamith): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative (GM): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Maps

Round 1
Effects none
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain ignore the walls, they aren't actually there

  • Anibal -
  • Amelia -
  • Darvan -
  • Sahba -
  • Graxzos -
  • Anduris -
  • Red -
  • Yellow -
  • Hamith -

One of the many portals opens up right next to Amelia, and two creatures out of her nightmares step out: some sort of hairless hound and a translucent-skinned humanoid that looks more like a daemon.

Everybody is up except Hamith.

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

DC 13+ Knowledge (planes) (red):
The bay of a yeth hound is terrifying, and can cause panic.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

DC 13+ Knowledge (planes) (yellow):
Instead of dying, urdefhans can allow daemonic energy to consume their soul and release an explosion of negative energy.

Also, their bite is supernaturally tainted and saps the strength out of their victims.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Human (Iobarian) Bounty Hunter 3.1 | Init +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | HP L 16; NL 0 / 24 | AC 17; T 17; FF 17 | CMB +3 | CMD +15 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +9 | Speed: 30 ft | Perfect Strike 0/1

Anibal seems fascinated by the creatures that appeared: "That was some ugly dough your mother used when she made you...", he smirks as he lets two arrows loose and quickly moves closer to the central area of the room. Yellow

Bow Flurry, PBS, Piercing: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 201d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
Bow Flurry, PBS, Piercing: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 231d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Full attack, 5 ft step

Grand Lodge

Male M Dwarf | Occultist 5 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 22 (T 13, FF 20) | CMD: 19 | F:+6 R:+4 W:+5 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: | Active Effects: Physical Enhancement from mental focus +2 to strength

planes red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
planes yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Looking up, Anduris is beginning to not be surprised that yet another set of creatures has come to try to stop the party.
"Well if it be a fight ye want then let me give it to ya!"
Anduris moves to avoid any attacks from the yeth hound and lines up to take advantage of the distraction Amelia is providing.
Hope to move in a way to use my whole move to avoid an attack of opportunity and get flanking
slashing attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 162d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 = 15 if flanking works add 2

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Wizard/4 HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 T: 12 FF: 12 {+4 for Mage Armor} | CMD: 15 | CMB: +3 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Ini: +4 | Perc: +8|

I fixed the map.. someone deleted the back ground. I assume by accident, but if not I am sorry for meddling.

K. Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
K. Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Weaknesses for yellow, please.

"Ware the creatures! The hounds will stop your hearts with fear, but the others will explode as they die!!" Amelia calls out as she drops back through her comrades and hurtles a spell at the urdefhans.

Suddenly, a large ball of ice smacks into the creature!

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Dmg: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 3) = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Will attempt to bot Graxzos, then Darvan in an hour when I get more time.

Graxzos draws his pistol and fires at the dog.

Mechanics:

Move Action
Draw Pistol

Standard Action
Attack Red

Mwk Pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

Darvan runs up to the hound and attempts to smash its skull in with his staff.

Mechanics (Darvan):

Move Action
Move into melee.

Standard Action
Attack Red

Quarterstaff (shillelagh, power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
DMG (bludgeoning), power attack, shillelagh: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19 I think this is right, but am on my phone so if someone could double check my math that’d be great.

Sahba engages the other creature with tooth and claw.

Mechanics (Sahba):

[ooc]Misc Action
5 ft. step up to Yellow

Full-round Action
Full-attack yellow

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Talon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

Wounded Wisp Maps | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

And that is why I don't like using GM dice for players (look at my rolls). Unfortunately, we need to speed things up, so I'm going ahead with that crap.

@Amelia: Thank you, and it doesn't have any weaknesses, so you get resistances instead: DR/ good or silver, acid resistance, SR.

@Hamith: Thank you! This is the time when we can least afford delays.

GM Rolls:
Bay (Amelia): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Bay (Anduris): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Bay (Anibal): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Bay (Darvan): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Bay (Graxzos): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Bay (Sahba): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Panicked: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Bludgeoning/Piercing/slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13 Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Rhoka Sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Slashing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 plus 2 Str
Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 plus 2 Str

Maps

Round 1-2
Effects none
Gravity 1/5 normal
Terrain ignore the walls, they aren't actually there

  • Red - 24 damage
  • Yellow - 24 damage
  • Hamith -
  • -----Round 2-----
  • Anibal -
  • Amelia -
  • Darvan - panicked 1/6
  • Sahba - panicked 1/7
  • Graxzos -
  • Anduris - 4 damage, 2 Strength damage?, panicked 1/3

Anibal quickly punches two feathered shafts into the urdefhan, but the arrows don't seem to hurt as much as he thinks they should. Amelia's spell does noticeably more damage, however.

Darvan lands a tremendous blow against the hound, while Sahba scratches at the humanoid. Graxzos fires a bullet over the hound's head, but Anduris' sword buries its edge solidly in the canine's flank.

But just then, the hound starts baying and terror rips through half of the Pathfinders. Seeing Anduris separated and terrified, the enemies move to take him down fast, but he dodge most of their attacks.

Everybody is up.

@Anduris: Fortitude save vs. ability damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC:21 T:11 FF:20 | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | Saves F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 (+1 vs evil outsiders, +2 vs death effects) | Init:+1 | Per:+7 | SM: +5 | LoH: 6/8 | Attack: +1 Greatsword +5 (2d6+10) 19-20/x2

No problem!

Hamith rushes up to the hound and closes his eyes, calling on the power of his goddess, lets the power flood into him, a conduit for retribution.

"The light is there, the light is there, behind the clouds. The light is there!"

Going out on a limb and assuming the Daemon Prayers soldiers are evil...

Mechanics:

Full-round Action
Charge Yellow

Swift Action
Activate smite evil

+1 Greatsword, power attack, smite evil: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 4 = 15
DMG, smite evil: 2d6 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 4 = 17 +4 more if evil outsider

251 to 300 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Granta's Cosmic Captive All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.