Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Gods Of The Arena- Rise Of The Nightingale Blades (Inactive)

Game Master DM Heterocephalus

A group of slaves purchased by a local Arena Master of the Nightingale Blades seeks to rise in glory to be the best Ludus in Katapesh upon the sands of the arena.


501 to 550 of 659 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Breunnor Kegbreaker wrote:
DM Heterocephalus wrote:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Highlander!!! That was a fantastic show hahaha!!!!

The obese Katapesh Lord ran up and hug Breunnor as he kicked prone Aramus in the chest

So shall we kill?? What say you???

The katapesh lords gathered around Breunnor screaming.

Kill!! Kill!! Kill!!! Kill!!

Up to you Breunnor to kill or not to kill

OY! Listen up all of you pissy tattie-brained bampots, I fight ere cuase its what is expected. An despite yer thinkin'; I never kill one dat cannot defend himself, I say let em live! if I be av'en any say in dis matter!

Brunnor looks at the fat lord almost daring him to challenge his choice

There was a long silence as all the guest taken aback looks towards the obese Katapesh lord for his response. The katapesh lord pinched his cheek as he refrain his eruption of.....laughter!!

Bwahahaha!!! Breunno Breunnor the Big Hearted Dwarf!!!! Bampots!!! Bampots!!! I like this slave!!! Classic!!!

The guest taking cue from the host all started giggling and laughing again as they throw gold coins towards Breunnor. The obese Katapesh lord still laughing digs out a bag of gold and toss it towards Breunnor.

1d6 ⇒ 2

Careful i might just buy you from Lord Mendes!!! Haaahaaahaa!! Bampots might will invite you back Mr Big Hearted slave hahaha!!!

As Breunnor picked up the gold pieces he counted there is about 200 gold pieces in it as he load up the wagon heading back to the Ludus.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Garris "The Dragon" wrote:

Thank you Onimais.

Garris will get up after having his fill and head up to the balcony. He will approach with head down never raising his eyes to meet his lords.

** spoiler omitted **

A rare attitude fror one so enslaved but a heart enlightening one at that too. For your valor shown on the arena today, your wishes are granted. I will inform Desimo about the arrangements. Do us proud and one day you may just earn your freedom.

Lord Mendes smiles and nods to the guards to escort Garris down below to join the rest.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

should I include any translations of Bruennor's insults?

of course if any of the players here are scottish then they would not need any translation


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

Garris stands and thanks the lord for his graciousness. After getting back down stairs he heads to the private room to feel the touch of a woman again.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

"I took things that weren't mine in exchange for money. Mostly lives."


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Owyn nods and remains with his head bowed before his lord.


The night ended as the gladiators talked and rejoiced in their victory. As swiftly as night came, daylight filtered into the ludus training grounds as the guards splashed cold water over the gladiators laughing.

Time to train! So what if you have won your first match? Thank your mother's womb that you even stand here today!!

Onimais barked at the sleeping gladiators as they scrambled before him.

You slaves fight well but you fight like s!&%!! My two hundred years old grandma can do better than that!! We at Nightingale Blades fight as a team, and as a team we shall. Pair up and show me some worth!!


Team fights
Owyn, Breunnor, Alicarius and Jobasha
VS
Chasik, Areilla and Garris

We fight till one team all unconscious. Non-Lethal Damage. I got no access to map yet so just make your self face each other 20 feet apart. Post in order.

Spoiler:
Owyn Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Chasik Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Areilla Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Garris Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Breunnor Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Jobasha Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Alicarius Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Round 1 Initiative
Owyn
Jobasha
Alicarius
Chasik
Areilla
Garris Breunnor


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

ok so for this one initiative definitely matters and we should be posting in order.


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Owyn charges forwards and lashes out with his whip, aiming for Chasik's angle. "Sorry friend, but there ain't a chance in hell I'm going to risk tangling with Ariella over there."

Charge
Trip: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

Jobasha exposes his claws and lets out a jungle-cat-scream.

intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier. A quick look tells me that all three opposing members are intimidated for two rounds and suffer the Shaken condition.

Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats
Jobasha "The Jaguar" wrote:

Jobasha exposes his claws and lets out a jungle-cat-scream.

[dice=intimidate]1d20+11

The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier. A quick look tells me that all three opposing members are intimidated for two rounds and suffer the Shaken condition.

Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

Who is the target


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

Dazzling display, all enemies within 30ft which should be all of us since you said 20ft at the beginning


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

The Previous Day (Ariella, Jobasha):

"Hey me too. Can we be friends? Everyone else here is a man, I don't like them. But I love kitties."

---------------------
The next morning, training fight:

Owyn, you need ten feet to charge and we're twenty apart. Whip has a 15' reach. How close are you to Chasik?


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

previous day

"We can be friends, sure. I fight best when the enemy is distracted, and the men seem quite distracted around you. As long as you don't try to sever my genitals. I'd say that's a pretty important part of a friendship."


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Previous Day

"Of course. I only hate men. As in the kind that might rape me. You're safe with me."


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Map

Made a map for this practice combat. Makes things much easier.

Edit:Go Alicarius, go!


Male Advanced Tiefling Gestalt Monk 4 & Fighter 3/Cleric 1

Alicarus lets out a laugh as he moves forward around Owyn, toward the prone Chasik. "Get up, man!"

Spiked Chain Power Attack! (for nonlethal damage: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 + 4 = 19 (Normal attack bonus, -4 for nonlethal damage, +4 for him being prone.
Damage: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17

Alicarus laughs again as his chain brutally slams into Chasik's torso, though it seems less a derisive laugh at Chasik's pain, and more that he's simply enjoying himself in the fight.

Alic's stats:

63/63 hp, AC 16, touch 12, CMD 21 (23 vs. sever), Fort +9, Ref +2, Will +0

Also, important note for this fight: Alic has DR 2/-- against nonlethal damage, so try and factor that into your damage calculations against him!


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

I don't think we have to take the -4 to hit since we're using wooden weapons or whatever.


Male Advanced Tiefling Gestalt Monk 4 & Fighter 3/Cleric 1

Thanks for the point-out! Didn't matter for that hit, but that'll be nice to keep in mind.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Jobasha did an dazzling display of intimidation. Do you guys need to roll to see if demoralize?


Male Advanced Tiefling Gestalt Monk 4 & Fighter 3/Cleric 1

I assumed since he said "enemies" and he's on my team, I was okay.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

No, the DC is 10+half our hit dice+our wis mods. We're all affected. Just like demoralize except with a 30' radius.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Round 1 Summary
Owyn Charge and tripped Chasik
Jobasha did Dazzling display of intimidation
Alicarius deals 17 damage to Chasik.


Round 1 Initiative
Owyn
Jobasha
Alicarius
Chasik
Areilla
Garris
Breunnor

Remember to roll for Intimidate check of Jobasha DC 21. Also the link for the practice map is under my name.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 4 | HP 51/51 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 14 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

Even though Chasik is clearly frightened at the weapon display of Jobasha, he keeps his wits about him to attempt to cast a spell to use his spellstrike ability. Taking an additional -1 penalty to attack in hopes to somewhat counter the fear in him

Concentration to cast defensively vs DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Spellstrike using Shocking Grasp through his staff on Alicarus

Attack Roll (already factored -4 prone): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage if hits: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Shocking grasp: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 3) = 13


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

Garris takes a 5' step and drinks his mutagen.

How do you want to handle this one Ariella, we got the useless lizard on our team and they outnumbered us already, maybe if I were prepared we would have a shot.

Garris slumps his shoulders feeling defeated,

Current Stats:
HP 52: AC 21, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 25

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 4 | HP 51/51 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 14 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

USELESS! How about you fight from your back and see how well you do, oh mighty DRAGON!

Knowing he is at a severe disadvantage Chasik will probably be knocked unconscious in a matter of seconds. He isn't stupid though, if he attempted to get up, he would simply get hacked at by Alicarus and possibly knocked proved again by Owyn. He is beginning to think he might be screwed in this fight.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

not my turn yet so i will post when i get out of work, unless i miraculously get a break today


Male Advanced Tiefling Gestalt Monk 4 & Fighter 3/Cleric 1

Alic laughs as the lizard-man spits some incantation and lashes at him with the staff. "You'll have to do better than that if you want to take me down," he says as he hopsteps out of the stick's way. "Maybe you ought to join their team to make this fair!" the man calls to Onimais.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

Alrighty Dragon the Faggon, ya durty tattie-brained s+@%e-hound, stop tryin' ta rape the lady an fight a real man

move:

5' step (as on the map)

standard:

perform oratory at Garris 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Garris under the joker's efect

joker effect:

enraged for a number of rounds, taking a -2 to their AC, Saving Throws and Skill Checks. To make a joke about them roll a Perform (Oratory) check. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.(DC 13 for Garris)

effect for 3 rounds


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Chasik down, Owyn turns and moves forward, sending his whip striking out for Ariella and the 'Dragon', aiming for their ankles; his brief victory over Chasik has given him new confidence.

Trip vs Dragon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 If it succeeds, I get another trip versus Ariella
Trip vs Ariella: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

I mave posted out of turn I think garris still needs his round 1 turn as does the castratation queen


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Yes Areilla need to move. Garris moved.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Round 1

"I'll stay behind you to use my reach."

Ariella steps towards Owyn and slashes at his feet with her Guisarme, followed by a stab with its point.

Flurry of Maneuvers full attack.
Trip 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Attack (Power Attack) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage 2d4 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 = 20

She fails to take him off his feet, but gives him a vicious wound to make up for it.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Ok round 1 ended. So do we need to Reroll initiative or keep it as it is? If keep then Owyn has moved for round 2.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Keep. Why would we reroll init?


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

yeah normally rerolling init is not how things work. i had a DM do it once and it greatly helped out rogues, but we did other init variants too so it wasn't something i would recommend via pbp


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

assuming Owyn has moved for this round and it is Jobashas turn, and that we are not rerolling initiative, Jobasha will go

Move: to L14, 30ft.
Move: Acrobatics over the prone Chasik to M11 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Turn over, Alicarius's turn (now conveniently flanking with me)

Shaken persists one more turn on those affected.


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Sorry Ariella, I forgot to update my Stats spoiler after I made my change. I'll still count your hit, my fault.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 4 | HP 51/51 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 14 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

AOO provoked from Jobasha because he failed vs acrobatics dc 20 for going thru my square :)

attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

HP: 31/48

AC:13

you are stopped and aren't flanking anyone :) if i am wrong i apologize and re-flank me :)...ah u are correct forgot about that my bad :)


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

Your attack misses I believe since you take a -4 to melee attacks while prone

Edit: its all good


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats


Round 1 Summary
Owyn Charge and tripped Chasik
Jobasha did Dazzling display of intimidation
Alicarius deals 17 damage to Chasik.
Chasik missed.
Areilla deals 20 damage to Owyn
Breunnor enraged Garris
Chasik 31/48 (prone)
Owyn 38/55
Garris (Enraged)
End of Round 1

Round 2 Initiative
Owyn
Jobasha
Alicarius
Chasik
Areilla
Garris
Breunnor

Round 2 Progress
Owyn missed trip on Areilla
Jobasha moved and flanked Chasik
Chasik AOO missed.

Just checking Areilla your attack in round 1 is 17, why would it hit Owyn AC of 23? BTW Owyn look at discussion, some mistake in your character sheet.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Ah, it was listed as 17 at the time. He said above that it was his mistake. But I'd say it didn't hit.


Male Advanced Tiefling Gestalt Monk 4 & Fighter 3/Cleric 1

Alic smashes his chain down on Chasik again, hoping to knock the magus out so that he can move on to more worthy prey.

Chain w/ PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 = 16

After this, Alic moves beyond the prone mage to confront the man he considers the most dangerous foe--Garris. "Let's see if the Dragon can't be tamed, eh?" he says, slowly spinning the chain.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 4 | HP 51/51 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 14 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

HP: 15/38
AC: 13

A giant puff of air exhales out of Chasik, as the wooden spiked chain forces most of it out him. Chasik would love nothing more than to return the favor, but is unable to get to him.

Concentration to cast defensively vs DC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Attack roll with Corrosive Touch on Jobasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 vs 16

Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 4) = 11

I will probably be knocked unconscious after this round so good luck to the rest of my team. Oh I wish I had color spray memorized lol :)


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

Owyn, You need to drop your whip or fall prone, you failed by 10 when you rolled the 1 to trip me.
Chasik, you had the shocking grasp held from last round as you missed with it. You didn't need to cast another spell.
Ariella you may get an AoO. Attacking with a whip is a ranged attack, a combat manuver replaces an attack so not sure about this one any one know. At least these mock fights lets us clear up some rule issues.
@DM, can it be assumed my first round I always swift into Dragon Stance unless I specify otherwise? I forgot to add it in my first round post. Thanks


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

I dunno, Owyn's sheet has him wielding a scimitar. There are feats that mitigate what Garris is talking about, but no way to see what feats Owyn is actually operating on based off his current sheet.

Without Whip Mastery and Improved Trip then you are correct Garris.

Combat Maneuvers wrote:

Performing a Combat Maneuver

When performing a combat maneuver, you must use an action appropriate to the maneuver you are attempting to perform. While many combat maneuvers can be performed as part of an attack action, full-attack action, or attack of opportunity (in place of a melee attack), others require a specific action. Unless otherwise noted, performing a combat maneuver provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of the maneuver. If you are hit by the target, you take the damage normally and apply that amount as a penalty to the attack roll to perform the maneuver. If your target is immobilized, unconscious, or otherwise incapacitated, your maneuver automatically succeeds (treat as if you rolled a natural 20 on the attack roll). If your target is stunned, you receive a +4 bonus on your attack roll to perform a combat maneuver against it.

When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver. The DC of this maneuver is your target's Combat Maneuver Defense. Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Round 2

Trip AOO on Owyn if needed (waiting on DM ruling) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Ariella reaches around Garris with her Guisarme, attempting to trip Alicarus.

Flurry of Maneuvers.
Trip #1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Trip #2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
5' step towards Alicarus

Lame dice. At least we won't be shaken after this round.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Yes let's resolve this Owyn issue. Owyn do fix up the final character sheet first so that the issue can be resolved.


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

-My sheet should be fixed and updated now.
-I have Improved Trip and I made the attempt with 5ft distance between you so I should not trigger an AOO
-But you're right I have to drop my whip


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

I have reach.

501 to 550 of 659 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gods Of The Arena All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.