Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gods Of The Arena- Rise Of The Nightingale Blades (Inactive)

Game Master DM Heterocephalus

A group of slaves purchased by a local Arena Master of the Nightingale Blades seeks to rise in glory to be the best Ludus in Katapesh upon the sands of the arena.


1 to 50 of 659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

South of most civilized lands, sprawling across a valley of blazing-hot sand, is one of the most incredible and wondrous cities in all of Golarion: the great desert metropolis of Katapesh. Katapesh is a city of organized chaos where cash is king and commerce is the highest god.The metropolis of Katapesh is the home to many bazaars and fairs that sell anything one might desire. Two notable permanent markets within the city are the Peculiar Emporium and the Nightstalls.

A few miles away from the city of Katapesh in the middle of the desert lies a bustling town named Olumsuz. Trade routes and caravans from as far as Osirion herald the gates of this town which is named "Deathless" by the locals. It is on one such caravan we find a group of wretched slaves...

You find yourself on a wagon. You are slipping in and out of consciousness and into the after life. A sound startles you and you come back to life. You are dazed and hallucinating. Scenes of the last 15 minutes of your life quickly flash across your mind before you woke up to the blazing Katapesh heat.

Hi guys, do write and live out the last 15 mins of your former life before you were captured. After which you will awake and find yourself in a caged wagon


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

The Scent.

The Blood.

The Money.

Jobasha was, amusingly enough, a cat of many lives. In Katapesh, he lived the life of a minor noble. Ostensibly, he advised his betters on matters of politics. Every so often, however, a matter would come up for which there was no solution other than bloodshed. Jobasha was not suited for pitched combat, where steel met steel amid the shouts of battle. Jobasha was a hunter, a stalker, an assassin. He had been careful not to hunt too close to his territories. Not careful enough.

They broke in while Jobasha was at court. Men-at-arms, twelve in all. Behind them was the man assigned to the murders. Jobasha had made them look like vicious animal attacks. "S$*$," thought Jobasha "it must have been divination." The men descended on him, too many to kill. His charms proved worthless in the swift trial, the people demanded the monster be put down.

As he sat, chained in his cell, the guard came. "Lucky kitty," the man said, "someone has purchased themselves a new pet." With that, the hood was placed over his head and he was hauled off. Destination...unknown.


map Male Human
Spoiler:
HP 42/51; AC 16, touch 16, Flat Footed 13; CMD 23 (+2 v Trip); Fort +8, Reflex +5 , Will +8 (+1 v Fear, +2 v stun, sleep, paralysis) Perception +7; Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Berserker; Reputation 9

Arrows flew past his head as Xem dived into a ditch. The caravan had been a trap, baiting the bandits to attack it. These Gaijin warriors who had hid in the covered wagons fired again pinning him down as one of his comrades fell into the ditch beside him with an arrow through his back. They were being slaughtered like vermin, the disorganized bandits were hardly cowards but their disorganized strategy of attack had left them completely unprepared for this scenario. To hell with this...if he was going to die today then he would die a man on his feet rather then down here in the mud like a rat.

He gripped his Unholy symbol of Fumeiyoshi and let out a shout of challenge as he invoked the Lord of Envy's blessing to rot the arrows away as he charged up out of the ditch and toward the line of archers 50 ft from him. Arrows flew all around him but none found their target before he met the swordsmen who blocked his path. His first attack sent one man to the ground screaming in pain as his arm broke, falling to the ground clutching it. The second man's feet were sweeped from under him, and as he struggled to rise a kick to the throat sent him back down. Expertly blows were deflected away from his body but he was all alone, with no one coming to help him.

Shouting one last time in defiance as the guards rushed forward he clenched his fist and slammed it into the grounds sending out shockwaves of negative energy through the men. They faltered for a brief moment while their very life force was drained before they surged forward once more. The blows rained down on him like droplets, more then he could block, and then the net flew over him from somewhere. A blow to the back of his head drove him to his knees, and the last thing he saw before passing out was a man rushing forward with a pair of chains and shackles in his hands.


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Leaving the house he was born in, Owyn Nakagro clenched his fists tight as he walked towards town. His money-purse freshly empty, his wife's now full to survive the drought, he could still hear the shrieks of his child from the house behind him. Five and eighty steps down the path, Owyn's uncle rode up on a horse. His neck was thick with the flab of a rich corpulent man forced to eat a peasant's food for several months. His eyes were haunted as he stared into his nephew's eyes. "I won't let you do this, boy." He stated unsteadily, his horse skittering from side to side.

Owyn met his gaze evenly, fighting to maintain his impassive expression. "It is done, uncle. They have the money to feed themselves; I told her to put aside enough for you to come as well. We will save our land." Owyn moved onwards, continuing to stride down the road. "We... we are not finished! The rains will come soon, you can still get out of this!" Owyn snorted, a hand gesturing at the dusty remnants of once fertile grasses and crops. "Look at your farm, uncle! The prophets tell us it will be MONTHS until next rainfall, and our gold is gone. Now go, uncle. GO. I have made my choice."

Striding into the the red-bricked building, Owyn stood before the town moneylender, Venicio. The thin man smiled and grabbed Owyn by the cheek, turning his face left and right. "Good, strong jaw, clear eyes... you'll make a good SLAVE." With a laugh, he spat in Owyn's face and slashed him across the elbow with a drawn knife. "You are my property now, SLAVE. I will do whatever I want with you; and for now, I want you to go away." Gesturing at two burly helpers, they moved forwards and grabbed Owyn by his arms. "What I also want is your wife. With you gone, she'll be free for a better, richer man to step in and help her... the man she should have married, if not for your oafish visage."

Owyn's eyes widen and he raises a hand to strangle Venicio's throat. The thin man yelps and staggers backwards, and whimpers an order. Two clubs come down on Owyn's head, and his world falls to black.


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

The door opens and sitting, waiting, smiling, the bandit Tarkus. The man that killed so many and left Garris for dead. Garris had trained and unlocked his inner beast and was ready for this. Tarkus stood with sword in hand inviting the young man in.

Tarkus It seems you have gone to great lengths to find me. I'm a little impressed. What do I owe this honor to. Let me guess I killed someone important to you. I'm guessing a parrent or maybe a lover. You hero types its always the same old tale.

Garris Nope you killed inocents, and almost killed me. What kinkd of man would I be if I tolerated this kind of evil. You kill for pleasure and personal gain. You sir will face the dragons wrath.

Tarkus Oh a genuine do gooder. How quaint. You know I could use someone with your skills. You made it to me so obviously I will be needing some more men. How about it?

The bandit smiled already knowing the answer.

Garris No more talk. I will rip you a part.

With this Garris charged and unleashed a frenzy of attacks at the man. Tarkus a gifted swordsman dodged a few and delivered a few well placed shots himself. The battle did not take long as Garris realized he had miscalculated his enemies potential. Tarkus ended the fight with a pommel smash to Garris's face.

Tarkus Know as you drift off, I will profit once again from you. You will be sold to recoup the money it will cost me to get more men. Seek me again if you desire, but I suggest you gain more worth.


Treiden laid on the stone slab the warden called a bed and stared up at the ceiling. He hadn’t slept, eaten or bathed in three days but had no one to blame other than himself for that. Until now the only sound to be heard was the aggravating buzz of flies gorging themselves at the cell’s chamber pot. The voices of the guards were echoing down the halls; the nasally fat one and the bald simpleton no doubt. Treiden didn’t bother to learn their names.

”Shoulda seen da way dis guy moved. Took a swing at da Sarge, ‘bout knocked 'is damned head off!” the fat one said matter-of-factly

”Yeah, heard he’s was pretty steeeemed ‘bout ut.” said the bald man child accompanied with what Treiden imagined was that toothless gawking smile he always wore.

”Steamed!? Had us beat da fool to a pulp! Funny thing is he didn’t fight back. Just took it.”

”How very curious,” a dignified, unknown voice responded. ”And he only attacked Sgt. Keylin because he wouldn’t arrest him? What was his crime?”

”He killeded a guy,” replied the simpleton.

”Yeah. One a them fighting monks from up north. Said he “dishonored his training and demanded to atone” er some bulls*@#, I dunno. Seemed like one you should take a look at, tho. Dat er he spends da next ten years bustin’ stones in mines… Cell’s up ‘ere.”

The trio made their way to the front of Treiden’s holding cell. The two obnoxious guards gleamed with brown and gold smiles while a hooded figure brought hands together contemplatively.

”Waddaya say, huh? 8 no 9 gold! He’s yours. I’ll tell da boss he died from that beating,” promised the fat one greedily, the other just nodded his head absently.

”Done,” said the hooded man as he recited an unknown incantation and Treiden fell into an induced sleep.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 5 | HP 62/62 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 18 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

Spoiler:

Chasik lived in a secluded community in the Mwangi Expanse. The Nagaji were secluded because they felt they would be hunted based on their heritage, Humans touched with the Naga genealogy.

It was a cool day in the spring, and Chasik was a Staff Magus in training. His teacher and him were making good progress in his studies. He finally got the hang of using a staff in with one hand and being able to cast spells with his free hand Quarterstaff Master feat. Training subsided for the day, Chasik went to get some water for the strenuous day of training when his life changed forever. He heard screaming coming from his small village and he ran back to see the chaos. His village was being raided, not by orcs or some other monster but HUMANS. A group of 12-15 humans of varying size and ability took out anyone with a hint of threat.

Chasik rushed to help his village, even though he had expended all of his spells for the day during his training he took his staff practice to the despicable raiders. He was quickly surrounded and knew he would die when he heard a voice from behind the wall of enemies surrounding him. "Take that one alive, he'll make us some good money!"

The group surrounding him proceeded to pummel him into unconsciousness, which didn't take long. After the swelling had subsided, he opened his eyes with sunlight streaming on his face temporarily blinding him due to the sudden brightness but his eyes quickly adjusted to the bars around his cage bouncing along the desert road

Where are you taking me? What the hell is going on? Chasik hissed to the guards traveling alongside the caravan.

Shut up freak, the guard responded, right before he beat Chasik into unconsciousness because Chasik freaked him out and didn't wanna deal with him.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Alright just waiting on Breunnor but great writing skills guys, really got me attached to your character.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

sorry for the delay busy night (work night shift)

The battlements were abuzz about the approaching horde Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, and who knows what else they managed to gather with them as they began thier asention to the surface.

Rumor was that some orc warlord found a hidden passage to Zolurket and possibly merged with the undead horder there.

Brunnor was taking watch thinking that he would show them at this upcoming battle he could prove his worth and begin the training to become the coveted Dwarven defenders. and knight of the clans.

but the attack arrived sooner than expected. the orce hordes stormed the battlements in unending waves. Brunnor tried to rouse the rest of the defenders only to find goblin assassins have managed to arrive from beneath the fortress taking several of the defenders while they slept.

the battle raged on with the few remaining dwarves until there was no fight left in the dwarves many were captured and taken before the orc warlord.

Breunnor has no memory of much of anything. during the battle Brunnor was rendured unconcious. bit and pieces here and there as he tried to regain his senses.

He remembers orcs haggling a deal, a bright light as he was brought to the surface. more haggling his armor and weapons gone all of his clan markings, gone a huge gash on his forehead blood seeping into his eye.

He blacked out once more and awoke in a cage with others, a menagarie of creatures all destined for the same fate. Slavery.


WAKE UP YOU LOUSY PIECE OF FLEA BAGSS!!!

The slaver master screams at the top of his voice jolting all of the slaves up. They find themselves in a caged wagon attached to 3 beast of burdens as they rolled along the desert wilderness. The slaves huddles together as the slaver master counts them.

Thirty Four!!! Do not think you can escape you scums!! If I ever catch one of you trying to escape, you will wish that you are sold to the darkest pit hell after I am done with you.

The obese man looked at the slaves with a look to kill. He cracks his whip at the caged wagon where the 8 fated slaves are sited together. He looks at them and threatens.

I got my eyes on you 8 pigs! I am so going to make a profit off you...hehehe...do not worry you have a very special place where I intend to sell you off...

The slaver master glee and spits in Breunnor's face before walking to the front of the 4 wagon caravan.

Ok, so you guys have woken up and find yourself caged with the others including a Garundi slave that sits among you.


Wake up my friends...

The Garundi slave spoke to the group.

Where we are going, you do not want to be appeared drugged with Pesh. The slavers feeds you with it so that you remain subdued, but I have the cure for it.

The Garundi slave pulls off some peppery red leaves off his armpits and gestures for them to take it.

These are the leaves that can help calm you and recover your senses. Chew on it and do not swallow. I am sorry but there is no place for me to hide these without letting the guards know.

Pesh is hallucinogenic, often these hallucinations cause euphoria, paranoia, and enhanced aggressiveness. These effects last for an hour, followed by a time where the user is in a fatigued state.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

Breunnor awkens at the sudden spit on the face. Oy! me bloody ead, havn't felt this bad since I had ta go a round wit old McConnol clan

When he is offered the chew. them blasted no good pissy jobby-faced scunners, They be lucky I'm in these chains.

He takes the chew and slips it in his mouth.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 5 | HP 62/62 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 18 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

Chasik opens his eyes due to a combination of spit in his face and the sun baring down on him.

Where am I? My head...ohh...OW as he touches the gash over his brow as he looks around at the 8 others stuck in the wagon Looks like I am not alone. Knowing there is no escape right now, I must wait for an opening. He slips the leaf under his gum.


Ezer snorts.

What manner of creature are you??

Ezer asked as he look curiously at Chasik.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

Jobasha takes the leaf and places it in his cheek.


map Male Human
Spoiler:
HP 42/51; AC 16, touch 16, Flat Footed 13; CMD 23 (+2 v Trip); Fort +8, Reflex +5 , Will +8 (+1 v Fear, +2 v stun, sleep, paralysis) Perception +7; Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Berserker; Reputation 9

Xem woke up to the yelling of the slave master as he thrashed against his chains wildly. His eyes darted around the cage like a trapped animal before settling on the Garundi taking to him.

"Why should I trust you?" He takes a leaf but doesn't chew it just yet.


Ezer shrugs.

It's up to you. They are selling us away. If you appear weak they will send you to die in the lions den. You do do not want to be with the lions. They are huge beast.


Treiden’s head swims clumsily to consciousness at the sudden snap of the master’s whip. He managed to catch the last bit of his speech but was utterly confused by it. How many hands have I been passed through? Where am I now?

When the vile master spat on the dwarf chained and seated beside him he remembered a few faces of the profiteers who found wealth by selling his body. He sat in maudlin silence as the others spoke with the seemingly helpful Garundi slave at the other side of the wagon.

He accepts the mystery leaf given to him but gives it a sniff and regards the man quizzically for a moment. "Where did you find these?

Perception (Armpit Leaves): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


It is given to me by our village witch doctor. It helps to sooth our ailments.

Perception:
The peppery red leaves carry a bitter taste when chewed. It burns your tongue and nostrils slightly. It soothes your senses and caused you to be more alert.


"And just where are we going?" he asks as the folds the leaf beneath his lip and breaths slowly through his mouth, experiencing the vibrant sensation the herbs offered.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Owyn having emerged from unconsciousness but still blinking with confusion, the hard-muscled man's gaze suddenly becomes razor-sharp ashe looks around.

"VENICIO! Where is that little prick, I'll snap his neck and shove his balls right..."

Eventually his situation is made clear to him, and Owyn collapses back against the cart. Hesitantly, he takes a leaf and places it within his mouth, and listens to his new fellow slaves.


Well If I am not wrong we are on our way to the slave market in Katapesh city. Most likely we will be sold as animals. Count yourself lucky if we are picked to do man servant duties in noble household....there will be a few selected for the pits


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

what, where am I Garris awakes and sets up. who are you guys? Wait what chew on this. Garris takes the leaf and examines it for a sec.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Craft Alchemey.

Ah, co you have more of these, this could be an interesting add to some mixtures. So last thing I remember was getting knocked out and promissed to be sold. Looks like that happened. So whats your guys stories?

Garris slumps back against the cage chewing on the leaf. Shows a mild annoyance and disappointment with his current situation.


Garris "The Dragon" wrote:
So last thing I remember was getting knocked out and promissed to be sold. Looks like that happened. So whats your guys stories?

"Shockingly similar," Treiden replies simply as he picks at the blister left on his wrist by the manacles.

Ezer Hazzebaim wrote:
...there will be a few selected for the pits

"The pits?"


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

The Pits you say, maybe I can gain some worth there. Garris rubs is hands and cracks his knuckles. Yes the pits can be perfect place to gain some worth...

Garris pauses and looks around measuring up everyone.


Yes the pits...a place where we will deliver death upon others or be delivered upon. I think the Katapesh call them gladiators. We will be sold to a Ludus managed by a Arena Master which in turn is owned by a Katapesh lord. It's ironic but a slave may earn fame glory and riches if they survive the pits. I even heard some got freedom...

Ezer spoke in a hushed voice.

Alchemy DC 15:
These crushed and shredded leaves range in color from peppery red to black; users can either smoke or chew them. Tobacco users experience a certain level of calm and are more easily able to shrug off hunger pangs. 


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

Feedom you say. Hard to believe we have lost that

Garris just chews waiting for the euphoria to take over.


"Worth?" he repeats bemusedly. "Did you not hear the driver? We're slaves. We are no more valuable now than the filth beneath his fingernails. Honor gained for such savagery is given falsely. Those that bought their freedom with blood are still slaves in the eyes of the world."

A punishment so fit for the crime it became a mirror image...


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Time to die pigs!! Pray to your gods for they have abandoned you scums!! I rather you beg me for your life heehee!!!

The slave master cracks his whip against your cage once more as a bustling city reveals upon the horizon. You can smell the spices, body sweat and animal excrement long before the city came in view. You can hear the buzzing sound of the market as peddlers cry out the top of their voices peddling their wares. The caravan that is currently transporting the slaves is just one of the hundreds that are rolling into town. Many of these carriages carry exotic animals and beast such as the feared Katapesh Lions. The front of the city lies an imposing tall fotress wall with many portslits for crossbow man to shoot from as turbaned Katapesh guards patrol the top of the walls.

Once inside the city, the full kaleidoscope of sights and sounds overcome the slaves. Topless whores openly offered their services to passing merchants enticing them to enter their den of pleasure. There was even a man who got stabbed in the stomach before the assailant made off with his coin purse. Noone responded as if it was a normal occurrence in this city.

As the carriage approached the center of the market, there is a wooden platform right in the center of the city square. There are 12 wooden beams staked into the ground. The slavery master ordered the guards to drag out these 8 slaves and tied them on each of the wooden beam as crowds of bystanders gathered below the platform, gawking and mocking them.


Treiden offers no resistance as the pull him from the wagon and affix his chains to the display beams. He was too tired and ashamed to even try if he wanted. This was part of the punishment he chosen to take and it was far too late to take it back

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 (Pretending not to be bothered by the treatment)


male Human
Stats:
HP 52: AC 19, T:13, FF:16, CMD: 22 (+1enlarged, +2 w/ mutagen), Perception +6, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will -1(+1 vs Fear) (+2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, Stun, Posion), Face/Daredevil Rep: 19

Garris ponders the different opportunities for escape, if only he had some things to mix together for a mutagen. He could free himself and maybe make a run for it, but alas he is subject to the humiliation of being a slave for sale.

He will stand tall and proud trying to be a fit and remarkable specimen.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 5 | HP 62/62 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 18 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

Sorry, trying to get over a head cold.

I am a Nagaji, blend of Human and Naga. Chisak responds to Ezer's question. The last thing I remember is some man saying "I'll catch a good price" before being knocked out cold. As I watched the rest of my small village being killed.

Chisak will hiss at the guards and on-lookers. Never blinking, to install fear in them.

Intimidate check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


map Male Human
Spoiler:
HP 42/51; AC 16, touch 16, Flat Footed 13; CMD 23 (+2 v Trip); Fort +8, Reflex +5 , Will +8 (+1 v Fear, +2 v stun, sleep, paralysis) Perception +7; Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Berserker; Reputation 9

Xem refused to chew the leaf as he had not observed the man do so himself, for all he knew it was a poison. He lets out a growl and snarls at the crowd and slave drivers, putting on a show of strength is his surge s he is pulled to his post. He also focuses on defense(total defense) should a whip come his way take he might deflect it expertly with his crane wing technique.

Perform(Act): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

"Gaijin dogs! Face me in combat, no matter the odds I will sent 10 of your men to meet Fumeiyoshi for every wound I take!" He shouted at the fat man slaver and his guards.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


Male Dwarf Fighter (Unbreakable) 2 / Gladiator 3
Spoiler:
HP 63, AC 21, FF: 19 T: 12, CMD 21, Perc: +1, Init: +2, Fort: +10, Ref: +2, Will: +1, Face/Joker, Rep: 18

Brennor remains strangely silent during all of this his chew in his mouth occasionally a spit on the ground.

The first virtue of the defender in patience he calms himself with these words.

he listens to the others hollar thier threats and sees their resistance.

damaged goods are worthless.

Xem makes his comment of the wounds and ten men.

in dwarven:

I don't leave wounds I deal in death


Come on come on we do not have all day pigs!! We must hurry for I heard today we have one of the most important Katapesh Lord owning the most successful Ludus coming to here looking to buy slaves for his Ludus!! He pay good money I heard.

The guards dragged the slaves out. They slapped Teriden in the face while the guards laughed at Chasik.

An angry lizard fancy that Hahahah!!

The guards hesitated at Xem posture and threat. However the slaver master's whip cracked and coiled around Xem's neck. The usual Xem might have avoided the blow but as the effects of the Pesh still runs in his body his reactions are much slower than before.

Reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 Roll Reflex for you. You are flatfooted due to Pesh

The slaver tug Xem to the floor as the guards surrounded and kicked him for threatening him.

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Do not kill him you fools!! I need to sell that pig!

The slaver master thanked Breunnor and Garris.

Thank you for behaving like good pigs going to your slaughter...hahahah!!!


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

"How quaint," Jobasha thinks to himself, "Hauled out of this city of sin as a monster and returned as a slave..."

Jobasha grins, his sharp white teeth contrasting his sweat-glistening black coat of fur. "A taker of lives brought back to take more lives for the entertainment of the very same who branded him a monster. What a world we live in."

Jobasha says nothing, but will rake his claws across the wood of the post so that the crowd can see him do it but the slavers don't, leaving gashes in the wood for potential buyers to see. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 dmg to the wooden post, not an escape attempt


map Male Human
Spoiler:
HP 42/51; AC 16, touch 16, Flat Footed 13; CMD 23 (+2 v Trip); Fort +8, Reflex +5 , Will +8 (+1 v Fear, +2 v stun, sleep, paralysis) Perception +7; Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Berserker; Reputation 9

Am I actually prone? Why did you roll reflex and without my modifier? I will assume cinematic pulling me down and try my own cinematic with rolls assuming it works.

Xem takes the blow and summons his rage and strength as he puts up a fight even while drugged and bound his entire body is a weapon, not just his hands. He grabs the whip around his neck and pulls himself forward toward the fat man, taking as many blows as necessary to reach the no doubt surprised man before he lashes out with a vicious kick to break the bastard's leg. This fat bastard had challenged him with his whip attempt and it would no go unpunished.

Sever attempt(Now Trip): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

"WHO IS NEXT?!" He snarls at the rest of the guards and even the crowd that was no doubt enjoying the show.

Perform(Act) or Intimidate both same: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Major Edit: Just saw all the changes you made to the sever making this entirely different. *Sigh* Instead I will trip(+3 to the cmb and no -4) the slave master by sweeping his feet.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

nice nat 20 on the sever


map Male Human
Spoiler:
HP 42/51; AC 16, touch 16, Flat Footed 13; CMD 23 (+2 v Trip); Fort +8, Reflex +5 , Will +8 (+1 v Fear, +2 v stun, sleep, paralysis) Perception +7; Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Berserker; Reputation 9

Thsnk you, I wish that sever wasn't changed though before I made it. As it is now he can't fail a sever attempt at full health. The best thing I can do is trip him to humiliate him then hit him as he stands, sort of a skullshatter' before I gain the ability to do it. Of course I'd break his leg wit an awesome roll if DM wants to allow it.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

The guards flanking the slavery master whip out and attack Xem as he charges the slavery master.

AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The slavery master whipped out at Xem.

AOO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Xem managed to tripped him as he fell. Embarrassed he screams out in an outrage

6 more other guards rushed up the stage as they piled on him and dragged him to the wooden stake tying him.

You pig!!! I am going to add some more freaking scars on your freak body!!

Slaver Master whips out a small knife as he looks at Xem menacingly.

His trance was broken by the cheering of the crowd obviously excited by the man's audacity.

Heh...looks like I may save the trouble...the pits you are going for sure pig!

The slaver master spits in his face before keeping the knife and turning to the crowd.

This man will be gutted like a pig in the pits what say ya??!!

The crowd cheered even louder arousing the interest of a few well dressed Katapesh merchants as they walked towards the platform.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

Jobasha will let out a primal roar, then screams "Enough! Send me to the pits already so that I can kill my way to the top!" and menacingly flash his claws in a dazzling display of intimidating 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 prowess

Demoralize Rules:

Demoralize

You can use this skill to cause an opponent to become shaken for a number of rounds. This shaken condition doesn’t stack with other shaken conditions to make an affected creature frightened. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Success: If you are successful, the target is shaken for one round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent this way if it is within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.

Fail: The opponent is not shaken.


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Surprisingly instead of intimidation the crowd cheered even louder.


RETIRED
Stats:
HP 25/36; AC 19 (T 16, FF 13); CMD 22; Fort +3, Reflex +8 (1/day reroll), Will +3 (+1 v Fear)(+2 shake it off) Perception +7 (Scent); Initiative +4; Uncanny Dodge; Heel/Backstabber; Reputation 15
Catfolk Ninja 2 / Gladiator 3 map

good. gotta get me some fans! plus i dont like some entitled fat slob cutting up real warriors.

Taldor

Male
Spoiler:
Human (Taldor) Fighter (Unbreakable) 5 | HP 62/62 | AC 23 | TCH 11 | FF 22 | Perc +0 | Initiative +1 | Stealth -5 | CMD 18 | Intim +7 | Climb +2 | Know Dungeon +5 | F/R/W: 7/3/1 (+2 vs compulsion/charm, +1 vs mind affect)

In Draconic

Spoiler:
I will enjoy watching you bleed out you fat pig!!

Chasik will attempt to bite one of the guards tying him up...i don't have Improved Unarmed/Natural Strike so you can make your AOOs.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

Fancy now the lizard bites!! Hahaha!!

The guards slapped away the bite as they tie Chasik along with Jobasha and Xem to the Wooden stakes.


Treiden stands by impassively, even after the guard made an unprovoked attack on him, while the others fight the inevitable. He meditates silently in attempt to remove his mind from the poor excuse of the body he had left.


M Human
Stats:
AC: 23 HP: 12/53 Fort: 9 Ref: 7 Will: -1 CMB 10 CMD 23

Thoughts race through Owyn's mind, the most promising being- we'll all be hung if we don't all hang together.

Standing up straight he points at the slave master and roars out a challenge, the heat of the moment lending an unusually musical cadence to his voice.

"Bah! You should be women and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so! What a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is man! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of ELDERBERRIES! Flee now..." continuing in the same vein, Owyn growls and makes as if to charge.

Intimidate:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Perform (Oratory):1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26


Homo Sapien Current Arena Map; Current Monster Stats

The crowd cheered upon hearing the challenge.

The guards surrounded the Slaver Master making it almost impossible for Owyn to make a charge direct for the slaver master.


My friend may I advice you to stand down please..we will have our chance i promis...but not now...

Ezer points in the direction of the wall as you can see guards pointing their drawn long bows at the platform.

Merchant I suggest you keep your pets under control or we will have to intervene on your behalf!!

A voice hallowed from among the guards.


Ahh feisty one we have today aye?

A man wearing clothing favored by Katapesh nobles walked onto the platform as he looks at the slaves that are tied to the stakes.

1 to 50 of 659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gods Of The Arena All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.