Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

Most adventurers consider goblins to be nothing more than little pests. These goblins are different. They're big pests!


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,696 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

King of Goblins *MAP*

If we ever get back to Kaer Maga, we will.

Then they take off.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Whats in tha hole?"


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

As they're leaving, Velag says, "Just remember goodly next time other hummies tells lies, it was gobbies that saved you. Boggards nasty things, gobbies just try to keep selfs safe."

Heh heh, that might make killing themses easier later..

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

He then says to the Goblins, "Here daggers we take from dead friend. Him would want you to have them, as long as you promise to kill lots with them. Also, keep away from water. And only eat those humies if there not enough froggie."

With that, Velag jumps down the trapdoor and says, "Me should sneak ahead, make sure this not lead us all into deathtrap. Me only like deathtraps when it not me in them."


King of Goblins *MAP*

Did Velag get Tark to let him go first?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

He asked. Not sure what Tark's opinion is. Velag's expy retreat has worn off so he can't keep up with Fangz, so if the answer is no...


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix simply rolls his eyes at the whole human encounter. He checks the hole Tark went into to evaluate if Turboflex would be able to follow. Can he?


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko wants to know how big is the chamber....including height?


King of Goblins *MAP*

10x10 tunnel, as far as you can tell. Mounted gobbies fit fine.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"After youses!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

The tunnel goes on for 70', then ends at a ladder going up to a trapdoor. The mounts can't climb it. There's nothing in there but boggard footy-prints.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag sighs, "Ok, me go. Now me miss Klepy."

Velag studies the ladder for a moment, to make sure its' not greased or set to break or anything, then climbs to the top and listens.

Perception (ladder studying): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Climb (Taking 10): 10+5 = 15

Perception (listening at the door): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


King of Goblins *MAP*

Nuttin'.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

nuttin hard!


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag tenderly checks if there's a latch, then looks for a tripwire, and then slams the thing open and rolls.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


King of Goblins *MAP*

He has no problem doing that, and there's no trap of any kind. The door simply opens to the surface, right in front of a big bunch of trees in a marshy swamp. He notices a single boggard watching from 20' into the woods, and it runs further in when he sees it.

MAP


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Stoopid bog-turds!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

Leaving your mounts behind? They can't climb the ladder, but they can get out the other way.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Stoopid Bog-turds...."
and DM.....

"Bog-turds gots away, we takes racking-dog an kills thems tomorrow not today."


King of Goblins *MAP*

Taking the rest of the day off?


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Maybe we gets mushy-mushy wit gobbie girlses!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

Are you guys that beat up?


HP 92/92

Sorry, busy weekend.

Tark will do everything he can to try to lift, tug or pull Fangz up the ladder. If it just can't be done, he will do his best to instruct Fangz to run around and meet him.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

What they said about the weekend.

Velag slides down the ladder and says, "Me say we light door on fire with oil. Then it easy to find from above, plus, it make froggies run out for easy killses!"


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"We needses gets shield gobbies tah feed mountses an does as we says!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

You hear a couple of boggard croaks in the woods. They're too far away to affect you.

Then, you hear an extremely loud, deep croak that shakes the very leaves of the trees, much louder than any boggard you've ever heard. It's rather unnerving...

MAP


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Thinkses we findses big daddy o bog-turds!"


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix has simply been chillin with Turbo idly playing with his arrows waiting for some actions. At the sound of the big croak Stix lights a stogy and begins to smoke. "Yeah, I'd hit dat."
Turboflex:"YEAH!!"


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "That do sound like big kills time.", and casts Divine Favour.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Here bog-turd bog-turd."


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix will ride Turboflex around to join the others outside the big mound.
Mcgibbans:!"Ribbit"
"Good, den aye wont feel sa bad when I stick'em"! Looking to the others. "So, wes gonna do dis er what?"


King of Goblins *MAP*

A round or two later, you hear screams and the sound of bones being crunched. Seconds later, you see 3 boggards running as fast as they can out of the trees.

They ignore you, and keep running.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag offers his support, "Eat them up! Crunch 'em goodly!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

I need you to put yourselves wherever you end up at on the map. Looks like some people are still in the hut.

Which is fine, if that's where you're hangin'...


HP 92/92

Was Tark able to find a way to get Fangz out to him?


HP 92/92

Tark will drink a potion and will head towards where the big croak came from... sounds like a worthy opponent lies within.

CMW Potion: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 = 14


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

For Stix and Giggles, Stix but pops a shot at a fleeing boggard.
Shot:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 Manyshot and Deadly aim:2d6 + 22 ⇒ (4, 4) + 22 = 30
He whistles a tune acting as though nothing happened.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Stix kills a boggard.

You've all had a while to get your mounts out, so everybody's had time to remount, if they want. Say if you're mounted or standing, and where your mount is.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag is now out of the hut, as requested.

Velag looks for a sneaky place from which to start his attack.

Stealth: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43


King of Goblins *MAP*

There's enough high grass and various bushes and such that Velag has no trouble concealing himself, mounted or not. So, is he mounted? I'm presuming you all are.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko is unmounted hiding behind rakingdog....

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

"Might be a jabberwocky." quietly


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Nah. He'll cast Expy and use his last L1 spell -- faster than Bayleff that way.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

I are mounted and I are staring at wood waiting for great beast to come bursting forth so I can shoot it.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Perception

B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
S: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
V: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
T: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
F: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


King of Goblins *MAP*

Tark can take a standard or move action in the surprise round. He goes first.

Tark:

Spoiler:
You see 3 giant eyes looking at you from the foliage.

MAP

No one else is aware of anything.


HP 92/92

Well, obviously anything with 3 big eyes that boggards run away from must certainly be a worthy enemy. Tark charges at the eyes.

"HAAAAARRRRUUUUUUUU!"

Attack Modifiers:

BAB: +7
STR: +4
Size: +1
Mounted: +1
Earthbreaker: +2
Rage: +2
Power Attack: -2
Goblin Bravery: +1
Mounted Charge: +4

ATTACK ROLL 1 (Flaming Earthbreaker): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Damage Modifiers:

STR (two-handed): +6
Earthbreaker: +1
Rage (two-handed): +3
Power Attack (two-handed): +6
Challenge: +6
Cockatrice Challenge (sole attacker): +2

DAMAGE ROLL 1 (Earthbreaker): 2d10 + 48 ⇒ (7, 9) + 48 = 64 + fire damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Current AC:

Normal: 23
Raged: -2
Charge: -2
Challenge: -2

Current AC: 17(19 vs the target of his challenge)

Current HP:

Normal: 82
Raged: +14
Wounds: -0

Current HP: 96

Fangz bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Note: Although Tark can do the above charge as a standard action since he only moved 10', I'm not certain if he can also rage (free action) and challenge (swift action). If not, then the attack roll and damage would need to be reduced.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Fangz moved, Tark attacked. Try as I might, I can't find a way to disallow it. Free actions are ok. There's no mention of swift actions on p. 178, so that's OK, too, I think. Tark does 67 damage to the thing.

On its turn the creature lets out another huge croak.

Everybody roll will saves for you and your mounts separately, then roll 1d4 twice, too, then we'll start...

ROUND 1

Bucko 22
Velag 22
Tark 20
Mogo 20
Stix 10

MAP


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Either way, the rules allow a charge (at x1 move, not x2) in the surprise round as a special action, so Fangz still also gets his attacks. Having a mount that gets tougher is just a nice thing...

Bayleff would be under orders to get the heck away from combat, but near us -- so I'll assume he's in range...

Will Save (Bayleff): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Will Save (Velag): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

First unknown d4 roll: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Second unknown d4 roll: 1d4 ⇒ 4


King of Goblins *MAP*
Velag Wordeater wrote:
Either way, the rules allow a charge (at x1 move, not x2) in the surprise round as a special action, so Fangz still also gets his attacks. Having a mount that gets tougher is just a nice thing...

I had to reread, but that's right. Fangz missed.

Velag made his save, but Bayleff is staggered for 3 rounds. Not a big deal, since you weren't mounted anyway. Where are you at on the map?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Huh, that's the second time it doesn't save my changes to the google doc. The mobile app for spreadsheets is annoying. Trying again.


HP 92/92

Tark Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (+2 if fear based - due to rage)

Fangz Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (+2 if fear based - due to banner)

NOTE: if the save is fear based, then all allies within sight of Tark's banner gain +2 to their save

Mystery Roll #1: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Mystery Roll #2: 1d4 ⇒ 3

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,696 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.