Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

Most adventurers consider goblins to be nothing more than little pests. These goblins are different. They're big pests!


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,696 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Beats me. Silly mobile app didn't remove the pre-move Velag. Fixed now.


King of Goblins *MAP*

O-97, then.

Stix kills 2 more.

The few remaining boggards all run towards Tark and Velag; downright suicidal, if you ask me, but they're driven by more than just typical boggard avarice.

They all croak, and Tark and Velag must make DC 13 will saves.

Where's Bucko flying at?

MAP


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

on map
about 30 up.....

thinking about applying misfortune to Boggards attacking Tark....


King of Goblins *MAP*

You can if you want.

Round 9 or so...

INIT:

Bucko
Stix
tark
Velag
All those boggards

MAP


HP 92/92

Will Saves:

Tark: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Fangz: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


King of Goblins *MAP*

Tark is shaken (-2 to attack rolls, saves, and other stuff that doesn't matter now) for 1 round. Fangz is fine.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

"Hmmm daysa thinnin. We's get tru'em soon boyz!"
Turboflex:"YEAH!!"
Mcgibbans:"Ribbit!"

Attack 1 Manyshot:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 For:2d6 + 26 ⇒ (6, 5) + 26 = 37
Attack 2:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 For:1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Attack 3:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 For:1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 -- Did Tark factor in his banner effect, or does he not gain the bonus?

Velag chuckles, "Stoopit froggies. You less scary than your yummy tadpoles. Also, there trollses behind you."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Stupid croak toads, not good magic, Bucko shows yous good magics!"

Selectes a target in melee with Tark and puts a misfortune hex upon it!


King of Goblins *MAP*

More die, more are hurt. Tark is hit twice again for 11. Velag is hit once for 5.

I'm guessing Bucko's about to come down?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

I think Velag missed his attack in round 9 -- or were the croaks and attacks of the boggards separate for a reason?


King of Goblins *MAP*

I dunno. I'm confused.


HP 92/92

Tark will now begin making great charges at single boggards. He moves 50' away from the nearest boggard, but before beginning his lightning fast charges, he consumes a potion.

With Ride-by-attack and Spirited Attack feats, Tark will begin doing 100' charges, keeping the enemies at the halfway mark (50') in the charge.

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Ok, well, since the only thing Velag did since they croaked was make a will save, I'll assume I should have him chop some up.

Velag sighs when the froggies move away from the Grey Man's blade and wills it to follow them and do its killy-magic on them.

"Here, swordie! Come get 'em!", he cackles.

Spiritual Weapon Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He then spins around on the froggie standing behind him and says, "No, frogbog. No flankies! Bad! BAD!", bringing up his swords to enforce that.

Left Hand: +1 Frost Shortsword: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32 {Divine Favour} -- Threat. Rolling to confirm: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 = 19 Hmm... not sure if that confirms, so:

If 19 confirms, critical damage:

Critical Damage: 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + (2) + 4 + 6 = 23 {Frost, Divine Favour, Destruction Judgement}

If 19 doesn't, stoopit frogbog:

Regular Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (5) + 2 + 3 = 16 {Frost, Divine Favour, Destruction Judgement}

If Velag kills him with the left hand, he'll then attack the one in the middle in front of him, otherwise, he eats this shot too.

Right Hand: +1 {Flaming} Shortsword: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20 {Divine Favour} for 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2) + 2 + 3 = 12 {Flames of the Faithful, Divine Favour, Destruction Judgement}

Velag Status:

HP: 47/52
AC: 24 / 19 (Touch) / 19 (Flatfoot) {5 Dex, 1 Size, 5 Armour, 3 deflection}
Active Effects:
  • Profane Judgement (Destruction; +3 profane damage on weapons) - until end of combat;
  • Flames of the Faithful (+1 Shortsword gains flaming property) - 3 rounds remain
  • Shield of Faith (+3 AC) - 5 minutes, 7 rounds (or 57 rounds) remain
  • Expeditious Retreat (+30' move) - 5 minutes, 6 rounds (56 rounds) remain
  • Divine Favour - +2 luck to hit/damage with weapons - 8 rounds remain
  • Spiritual Weapon - Attack Bonus +8/ d8+2(19-20/x2) / 170 feet -- 4 rounds remain

Spells Remaining: 2 x 3rd, 1 x 2nd, 1 x 1st


King of Goblins *MAP*

Does SW work like that?

Spiritual Weapon

I think it does, since you didn't move.

You wipe out the rest of the boggards. The only ones left are across the water. You'll have to cross it to get to them.

The water is increasingly red, as numerous boggard babies float dead on the swirling surface. It seems the scrags are feeling better.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Yup, that was Velag's move action. Sorry, should have been clearer.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Well, killing them all was easy. Let's move forward to the interesting part! Put yourselves back at the top, and do what you gotta do.


HP 92/92

For healing purposes are we considered out of combat right now? I think you were allowing max heals when out of combat?


King of Goblins *MAP*
Tark Bashflat wrote:

For healing purposes are we considered out of combat right now? I think you were allowing max heals when out of combat?

I was for you, anyway. You take 90% of the damage around here. lol

Yeah, the fight's over. You guys are good at wiping out mass quantities of boggards. The ones at the bottom of the map are gathering at the huge mound, and some of them go inside.


HP 92/92

Okay, 6 more charges off Tark's wand. Tark is ready for another bruising.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix will approach the party.
Stix:"Y'alls a great pack o warriors dere."
Turboflex:"YEAH!!"
Stix nods "Eyup dat day do. Y'all reminds me o my broder and cousin I yusta travel wit. My bro Stones would smash anyting as soon as look at it he would. Den ma cousin, Valeg ya reminds me of him most. Always yammerin even in a fight but just like ye he dun got results too. His name was Words. Together we was Stix, Stones, an Words. Famous adventurer party. We broke bones an hurt people. Cept Words, he never hurt nobody. Was fun. Den wes got TPKed, well da odder two did, I was in a tree over three hundred feet away. Once day dead I left. Dat was it. Now I found you guys. Fun to be had again. Also you don't die so easy. Now about dem Boggards." Stix will ride Turboflex up about 10 feet from the pond. He looks across the pond for movement on the other side. Does he see anything and how far, in feet, would it be?


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Timeses fer Buckos heally stick an dirt tastin buffet."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Jus' need one stick. Save good dirts for later."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Makes pile of bodies away from waters, we setses thems on fire so bog-swimmers gots no foodses!"

"Whooses hases Klepys fire pocket?"


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

"We not throw bodies into water, keep trollses happy in new home?"


King of Goblins *MAP*

The boggards have moved back to the big mound. A few are still outside, but you see no details.

The dead boggards would make a nice fire. There are 20 something of them, though. It would take a long time. The scrags are turning the pond red with dead boggard babies.

We haven't said who had the fire pocket. Whoever wants it, I guess.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Bucko tinks klepimonculous needses fire pocket on himselfs!"

pulls out a needle and thread...

"Klepymunculous can throws fire on stoopid headses?"


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

"Wonder if big mound burn?"


King of Goblins *MAP*

I'll c&p the pocket, again:

Explosion Pocket
Aura faint evocation; CL 1st
Slot none; Price 3,000 gp; Weight 1/2 lb.
Description
An explosion pocket looks like a cloth pouch just large enough to contain a Small or Medium humanoid’s hand. When placed against a shirt, vest, jacket, trousers, or similar piece of clothing, this ragged green patch attaches to the clothing, creating a loose pocket. The pocket functions as a normal pocket, but once per day the pocket’s wearer can, as a standard action by speaking a command word while his hand is in the pocket, cause the pocket to create a single vial of alchemist’s fire.
If a vial of alchemist’s fire is in the explosion pocket when it is commanded to create a vial of alchemist’s fire, the pocket instead supercharges the existing vial within so that it inflicts double the normal fire damage a vial of alchemist’s fire would normally inflict. An explosion pocket can be removed as a full-round action, allowing it to be placed on a different piece of clothing as the owner wishes. A vial of alchemist’s fire created or supercharged by an explosion pocket reverts to a vial of inert bitter-tasting water 1 minute after it is created or supercharged.

I think Klepy had a few vials in his haversack. If not, he had 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 in there I forgot to mention.

Mini-Klep would have a hard time throwing them very far, but dropping them on targets would be cake.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"There goeses Klepymunculous, youses kan drops fireses on baddies from magic pocket."


King of Goblins *MAP*

Do what you want about the bodies. The mogo awaits.


HP 92/92

Are the boggards on an island in the pond, or can we just walk around the pond to get where they are?


King of Goblins *MAP*

You can go around to the south. It would take about a half hour.

I don't want to change the map, though. lol


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

I see some boggards on the other side within range on the map. Looks to be six or seven of them, they aren't behind anything and I would only suffer a -2 to hit for the distance. Can I start shooting or do you need to adjust that?


King of Goblins *MAP*

No. Fire away!


HP 92/92

"Tark not going through tha' water!"

Tark begins heading around the pond.

When its time for his arrival, I will place him on the left side of the map.


King of Goblins *MAP*

You can all go around and place yourselves near the top.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

"Okies. Imma gonna gets er atteshon an u fellas sneaks up on em."
Stixs aims an lets loose a volley.
Attack 1 manyshot:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 For:2d6 + 18 ⇒ (2, 5) + 18 = 25
Attack 2:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 For:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Attack 3:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 For:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Attack 3 Crit Confirm roll:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 If successful then add:2d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 3) + 18 = 22 to Attack 3 damage.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko lands and then notes.

"We shootses them while weses walks around big waters?"

Crossbow, light
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


King of Goblins *MAP*

2 more are hit. They're dragged into the big mound. The entrance is at the top edge on the map. You see no more boggards.

MAP


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Bog-turds hideses from uses, maybe we smokes them out o holeses!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

Put yourselves on the MAP.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stixs watches the boggards vanish from view. "Days got smart."
Mcgibbans:"Ribbit"
Stix:"I ogree. C'mon Turboflex! Less go follow da odders an gets a bit closer."
Turboflex:"Yeah!"
We follower the others to the other side.


HP 92/92
GM Goblin King wrote:
Put yourselves on the MAP.

Done (on western edge in line with the big mound)


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Also done, following Tark's lead.


King of Goblins *MAP*

There are no visible boggards anywhere. The scrags are killing tadpoles at an alarming rate.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Anyone have magic to smush hut?"


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Bucko has hot rocks storms, but saves for bog-turd ting."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Mebbe it burn if cover it in oil?"


HP 92/92

"Lets look inside first. Mebee there's magic goodies in there?" Tark will approach the entrance to the hut.

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,696 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.