Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

Most adventurers consider goblins to be nothing more than little pests. These goblins are different. They're big pests!


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,696 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

King of Goblins *MAP*

Turboflex! LOL


HP 92/92

"What da? You's make'n fun of Tark? Dis really not food?"

Tark looks at Stix as if in disbelief. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence pass, Tark notices that Stix's demeanor does not change, not does the aim of his arrow.

"Hrmm. Okee, me guess him not lunch then for today."

Tark backs away slowly from the pony as he wipes some saliva off the corners of his lips.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Once Tark backs down Stix lowers his bow but the arrow is still notched. He looks to Bucko. "You da leader o dis outfit? Dem boggies been gettin on ma nerves but no matter ow many I stick, mer of em keep comin. Me an Turboflex, an McGibbans er looking ta tin der numbers. You find deir hole yet?"


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Pond not hole, no woders you nots findes it. Me not leader we has no leaders an no planses, both not be trusted!"


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

"No Leader? No Plan!?! Uh?.......What have you den? I's jest kills em as I sees em. But you know where deir hole full uv water is at doncha? Whats you gonna do bouts it?" Stix is waiting to hear....da plan (dum dum dum)


King of Goblins *MAP*

Surely, one of our brilliant and eloquent goblins will inform Master Stix as to the nature of the threat to the Mushfens, and your clever plan to vanquish it!


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

They don't know what they doin. Klepy had the master plan the whole time. They are lost without him.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Planses it to drop trollhead into waters an kill all bog-turds!"


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix's eyes look up to the Toad on his head. "So Mcgibbans, dey do ave somfin like a plan"
Toad: "Ribbit"
Stix nods. "Is agree. It might work."
Toad:"Ribbit"
Nod again. Rought a-gain. Dey mays be smatter dan day look."
Toad:"Ribbit"
Stix looks shocked then frustrated. "Help dem? Yous insane! Day wants ta eats Turboflex ere. I cant trustem"
Toad:"Ribbit"
Shocked again. "Mcgibbans! What a herrible ting ta say. Turbo'z yer friend!"
Toad:"Ribbit Ribbit. Ribbit Ribbit"
Stix sigh and looks to the rest of you. "Mcgibbans say we shud helps yous wit yo quest. If ya haves us. An don't try an eats Truboflex. What say ye."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Also, there a super-nasty froggie-thing, need to kill with hot or cold. It the reason there so many bogfrogs. You still want try fight? We probably take you, as long as you remember arrows not go in gobbies."

Velag then leans in and whispers to Bucko and Tark, "Him extra thing for Froggie-demon to kill. Then, after we winned and him dead, we eat his horse. What you think?"


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Maybe sign from grey man tah replaces Klepies."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Klepymunculous looks around for interesting things to steal.....

Finding the amulet of natural armor among Vorka's loot he hoists the much to big item and ends up walking back towards Bucko.....

....unable to fly......


King of Goblins *MAP*

Yeah, it's a +2. She had a +1 scimitar, which would make a decent backup weapon for somebody. Her armor isn't anything you guys would want, but it's worth something.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

At Valeg Stix snort. "Long as Turboflex not gobbin dinner wes gots no problem." He nods. "Very well den. Leads da way an lets get ta frog killin."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag nods and tries not to think too much about the strange, horse-mounted goblin at his back with a rather nice bow... "Ok, this way."


King of Goblins *MAP*

From before:

In the late afternoon, you arrive at a ledge. Below you is a vast delta, miles wide, with bogs and swamps as far s you can see. To the north, you see a fortified settlement of boggard mounds, surrounded by giant ponds and a wooden stake fence. There are trails going in a few directions, but not a lot of movement. You can see primitive guard towers along the walls.

In the center, there is a small forest. It's too far away to make out who's there, but if the descriptions you have so far are right, this is the place you're looking for. The Mogo is somewhere in there.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Lookses likes bog-turds camp."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Mebbe we should lure somes outs here to kill first? Not want stupid croak-froggies jumping into back when we try to kill their demonboss."


King of Goblins *MAP*

That's a possibility. It's late in the day, but you could probably draw some out.

MAP


HP 92/92

"Me's could ride up and git some to chase me back to ambush spot?"


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

"I cud shoots em from here an draw sem out. Gots at least 220 feets o distance I's can fire." Stix lets a smile creep across his face. "Poke em from over here hehe."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag looks around and then shakes his head, Right. No Klepy. Now me the sneaksiest... He takes a breath and says, "Ok, me can sneakses up, stabby one or two, then draw thems out heres. Is that plan?"


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Waits Bucko needses tah finds quicksand."


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Stix needs ta find a tree." Is Stix able to locate a tree?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "S'ok. Take time. Velag needs make magics."

Once people are looking like they're near being in position, Velag will cast Shield of Faith and Expeditious Retreat on himself -- they both last 7 minutes, which should be lots of time. He'll then start darting from cover to cover, double-stealth-moving to get close enough to get a better look at where the bogfroggies are to figure out who he can bring out to the kill zone of Tark's charge and the arrows/spells of the others.

Stealth: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


King of Goblins *MAP*

There's a little cover at the top. You've got some water, then a clear area where the boggards hang out. There's no fence here, just open ground.


HP 92/92

"No more split'n up and sneek'n around. Dat plan never work'd good. Either we all sneeki up, or we just wait here while Stix flings some arrows at dem!" Tark says defiantly, and then looks around and notices that Velag is missing.


King of Goblins *MAP*

If you wait until dark, you could get close undetected, depending on the fire situation.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Problem is, if we wait 'til dark, Stix' range drops to 60', unless the boggies are nice enough to carry light sources (or he took a darkvision upgrade feat).

Ok, new plan -- we set up as far as we can from the side of the water, and fire our shiny composite bows from, say, 500' or so at those boggies. Should be able to cut a bunch down as they close. Thoughts?


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

With the Far shot feat Range increments for me are only -1 each not -2. If I don't deadly aim or rapid shot, I still have two shots with decent chances to hit.


King of Goblins *MAP*

You can run on down to the top of the map and start firing. I'm sure you'll get a reaction. Thinning them out sounds like a good plan.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag has flight arrows, so I can hit things within 520 feet on the fourth range increment (so -6) -- and accuracy will improve as the boggards come in to try to kill us. I would imagine Stix would have no trouble at 500 feet with far shot (-4). Plus, if Bucko has any spells with Long range, but they'd reach that far too.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

my range increments are: 130 feet no penalty. 260 feet -1 penalty. 390 feet -2 penalty. 520 feet -3 penalty. So I would only be a -3 to hit. Plus, Stix wants a tree.
"500 feets is good. But I needs a tree. Where da trees at?" Stix is looking for a tree. Why the hell would boggards camp out in the open? Thought we were in a swamp? Where are all the swamp trees?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Right, forgot the archer archetype bonus. Even better! Well worth rapidshotting them at that range! Assuming we can start near something worth hiding behind, Velag might snipe -- the -20 to stealth for a sniping action doesn't seem so bad when you're at +25 either. :)


King of Goblins *MAP*

This area, unlike most boggard spots, has been pretty much cleared, other than the copse of trees behind the big mound. This place is more organized and purposeful than you've come to expect from the usual sorts.

You'll be pretty much in the open, but so are they. You have to cross the water to get further in.


HP 92/92

"Bah. Tupid water again! We'z gunna have to swim across and hopes theres none of them snakes in da lake. Dem boggards all over da place, so it looks like we is gunna have to do dis when its dark."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Waits til dark den."


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

"Sees better durin ds day. We fught now. Shoot'em from cross da water, ow fer can it be?"
How far would it be to shoot accross the lake?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

"Agrees with Stix. Advantage is killing boggies when can't reach usses yet. Waiting 'til dark, they can just jumpses right next to us. It makes ways more sense for Stix to just shoots that bogfrog than for us to waitses. 'Sides, open ground give Tark lots of room to charge 'round in."

Trying to Bluff a secret message to Stix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Velag is subtle!:

Shoot that bogfrog. The one I pointing at!
Ok, not really subtle. I'm wise, not charismatic.


King of Goblins *MAP*

OK. Put yourselves on the map, and get some attention.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Where should we be close to?
I looked at the map and saw no gobbies, so I put myself on there....

Might be the wrong place ;)


King of Goblins *MAP*

Yes, anywhere at the top is fine.

MAP


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Worst case, they hide and then we just wait and keep killing them as they poke their heads out. If only someone could fabricate new arrows for us...

Having trouble with the map loading. Will try again in a bit.


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Okay boggards closest to Bucko are 90 feet away.
Stix is 100 feet behind Bucko. Shooting two arrows at the boggies on the other side of the river. 1 range increment so - 1 to hit. Not using rapid shot or deadly aim
To hit bonuses
Bab +7/+2
Size +1/+1
Dex +6/+6
Fighter bonus +1/+1
Masterwork +1/+1
Echant +3 gives +2/+2
Weapon Focus +1/+1
Range -1/-1

Total to hit +18/+13
Attack 1 at one boggard 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 Many shot added2d6 + 18 ⇒ (2, 5) + 18 = 25
Attack 2 at another boggard 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 For:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


King of Goblins *MAP*

We'll call that the surprise round. One dies, the other is hurt. They croak loudly to summon the rest of their group. ROUND 1!

INIT:

Bucko
Stix
tark
Velag
All those boggards

MAP


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag will stand near (but not immediately next to) Stix and raise his bow, after quietly casting Flaming Weapon and Divine Favour, and pronouncing judgement on the frogbogs and their stupid demongodthing.

At 200 feet, 1 range increment, so -2 to hit...

+1 Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 + 2 = 27 {Range, divine favour) for 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + (5) + 3 = 14 {Divine Favor, Flaming, Destruction Judgement}


King of Goblins *MAP*

That's enough to kill the injured one. Poof!


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko waits for stoopid Bog-turds!


Male Goblin Fighter (Archer) Level 8

Okies I am rapid shooting this time.
My first shot will be at the next furthest visible foe.
Attack:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 apply -1 penalty for every 130 feet.
Damage with Manyshot:2d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 3) + 18 = 25
Second and Third shots are at the closest Boggard.
Attack 2:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 For:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Attack 3:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Foe:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Pew pew pew.


King of Goblins *MAP*

2 more die. Stix is having an easy time of things. Tark, then the dreaded boggards...

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,696 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.