Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

Most adventurers consider goblins to be nothing more than little pests. These goblins are different. They're big pests!


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,696 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag nods, "Nope. You help keepses his dark blade .. blades... alive."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Me glad keeps gobbies alives."


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Hello...."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Me too. Me supposed to make deads, not be deads."


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

Klepy stuff the gold in his quickly filling pack. It will soon run out of room. "Klepy needs another of dees holding bags." He points. "Less finish so Klepy can have Shinys!" He mounts Chocobo.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Tark! Them no water bagses gots Troll heads for Bog-turds Pond!"

"Buckos will makes magic pity an drops these from flying into Bog-turd pond."


King of Goblins *MAP*

The next day, you continue through the swampy, brackish water, close enough to the sea that you can smell it in the air.

You spy some activity ahead. More boggards. And VORKA!

>MAP<


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Gobbies gots good eyes. Me sees Vorka an Bog-urds."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag says, "Lemme magick up, then we kills them!"


King of Goblins *MAP*

Feel free to move closer. The boggards see you, but they don't seem to care. Who's afraid of a few goblins?


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko casts miserable pity and moves towards the boggards and Vorka stealthily....

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


HP 92/92

Tark and Fangz go for a quick ride forward while trying to stay somewhat concealed behind some trees.


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

I look inquisitively at the lot of them. "Valeg. Dose froggies has femmy gobbie as mushy slave. Klepy should saves her." I approach galantly upon my mighty steed ready to save the ugly damsel in distress.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag looks at Klepy and says, "It a test of new powers. We supposed to kill old cannibal femgobbie. Grey Master no likey her."

Velag casts Expeditious Retreat on himself and orders Bayleff off to the side. He will then cast Shield of Faith on himself as he moves in, carefully and ready to dive in for cover if someone reacts to him.

Assuming we have more time, as he gets closer, he will cast Divine Favour on himself, and finsh off with Righteous Vigor before leaping out, pronouncing judgement and attacking. (Here's hoping...)


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko of course will be casting everyones new combat favorite as we close in Haste......


King of Goblins *MAP*

The boggards seem occupied with whatever they're doing, and even Vorka doesn't seem to care that you're approaching. It's rather odd.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"This stupid smells likes traps."

Hold off on the haste.....

"They seeses us an no pays attention."


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag nods, "And there no sign of Wyvernboy... Me think you mights be rights."


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

I ride up to the boggards.

In Boggard language:

"What are you doing? Who is this female gobbie? And why have you kidnapped her?"

Diplomacy to remain unthreatening.1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
I sit there waiting for a response. My weapons are out and ready but not visible.
Slight of Hand to keep weapons hidden but ready.1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


King of Goblins *MAP*

Kills the tastee, feeds it to Pluk! says the goblin.

The boggards all prepare to kill Klepy.

INIT:

Bucko
Tark
Vorka
Klepy
Velag
Boggards


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

Bucko being miserably pitiful takes to the air....

above Tark and waiting for another giant bug, ;)


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

Important question. Some DMs I have worked with allowed thrown concealed weapons to count for Sneak attack Damage. What is your ruling on that because that will play into what I do with my next action.


King of Goblins *MAP*

You could charge and it would be legal. You can throw a weapon 30' and get a sneak attack. -4 for throwing a kukri, though. With no range increment, it stacks up fast.

You could throw a dagger, though. That seems fair.

Tark and Vorka first.


HP 92/92

Hrmm, okay apparently we had several rounds to advance towards them, so Tark did so as well. I thought we were only post 1 round's worth of actions. Tark would have advanced to within charge range of Vorka.

Tark snarls and charges in for the kill.

Attack Modifiers:

BAB: +7
STR: +4
Size: +1
Mounted: +1
Earthbreaker: +2
Rage: +2
Power Attack: -2
Mounted Charge: +4

ATTACK ROLL 1 (Flaming Earthbreaker, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Damage Modifiers:

STR (two-handed): +6
Earthbreaker: +1
Rage (two-handed): +3
Power Attack (two-handed): +6
Challenge: +6
Cockatrice Challenge (sole attacker): +2

DAMAGE ROLL 1 (Earthbreaker): 2d10 + 24 + 24 ⇒ (8, 2) + 24 + 24 = 58 + fire damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Current AC:

Normal: 23
Raged: -2
Charge: -2
Challenge: -2

Current AC: 17 (19 vs the target of his challenge)

Current HP:

Normal: 82
Raged: +14
Wounds: -0

Current HP: 96


HP 92/92

Time for Tark to use a cool point to reroll that roll... at least I think that's what he can do with it?

ATTACK ROLL 1 (Flaming Earthbreaker, Spirited Charge): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


HP 92/92

Also, a quick note to those around Tark:

Allies who can see your banner gain +2 save vs. fear & +1 to hit while charging.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Tark kills a boggard.

Also,

Spoiler:
Now that you're right next to the water, you see what looks like a human head just underneath the surface, looking at you. The "dead things" appear to be a lizardfolk and a boggard. The cool point is lost when you level, but I'll let it slide.

Die, tastee!

Vorka summons another giant flying ant, but it misses Tark.


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

Klepy will five foot closer to Vorka and throw trow two hidden daggers from his sleaves at Vorka. Unless she detected them on his person they should qualify for sneak damage.
Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 For:1d3 + 4d8 ⇒ (2) + (7, 2, 5, 8) = 24
Attack 21d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 For:[/dice]1d3+4d8[/dice]

If this action isn't possible then add 2 to my first attack and call it a mounted charge.
I don't care what is in the way I am going after Vorka.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Klepy does the most damage to Vorka, ever.

She seems more angry than worried, though.

Longtongue! Get the tastee!


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Remembers uses stoopid no mushy gobby?"

Targets Vorka with ear peircing scream!


HP 92/92

GM, Tark attacked Vorka, not a boggard.


HP 92/92

When I was trying to use the map, I couldnt access the page. I am now able to, so I have moved Tark appropriately and I have moved your bug too, if you want it there.


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag closes in with his expeditious movement, heading past the new ant, ignoring its attempt to attack him whilepronouncing judgement under his breath, "You still nasty-head, and this time, you not gets away". He pulses with profane energy as the judgement surges through him.

Left-Hand: +1 Frost Shortsword 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 30 {Divine Favour} for 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (1) + 2 + 4 = 13 {Frost, Divine Favour, Surged Destruction Judgement}

Right-Hand: +1 Shortsword 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 32 {Divine Favour, Righteous Vigor} for 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 4 = 8 {Divine Favour, Surged Destruction Judgement}

Assuming both of those hit, the Righteous Vigor bonus is now +2 -- and Velag gains 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10 temporary hit points -- also, Shield of Faith provides a +3 deflection bonus to AC (24/19/19)


King of Goblins *MAP*
Tark Bashflat wrote:

GM, Tark attacked Vorka, not a boggard.

OK. We'll stop time here. Is Fangz faster than 100 on a charge? Straight line? I'm sure you're playing right. I just missed it. Fangz is pretty badazz about now.

Then again, the squares aren't exactly square, and we're all out in the open, during the day, when goblins suck.


HP 92/92

Tark was double moving while everyone else was sneaking ahead, Tark definately got to Vorka first. As soon as Tark got to 100', he charged Vorka.

The reason I originally put my footprints on the map was to show where I moved to, on round 1. Everyone else completely ignored the "your start here" on the map, and just placed themselves right up at Vorka :)


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

I started back on the "you start here", but said I was moving up as I went, and have a base speed of 60 now. I can't imagine, unless Klepy drove his mount into an actual run, that the rest of us weren't keeping pace, if keeping slightly back.

In the future, we should probably force a little more structure into the narrative -- since from what I read, we were all advancing, then Klepy rode right up to them.. If Tark had decided to charge her the moment he saw her, realistically, he would have gotten there a round before the rest of us, and I don't imagine Klepy would have been trying to be diplomatic..


King of Goblins *MAP*

Yeah, I've noticed that people playing on phones seem to lose the plot. Must be that tiny screen...LOL

Well, in that case, Vorka's dead. Her frog jumps in the pond, and the boggards also attempt to flee.


King of Goblins *MAP*

OK, let me get back on the job here.

>MAP<

The boggards run for it, so Tark gets an AO.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"You no gets aways stoopid heads!"


HP 92/92

Tark is so overcome with excitement about having bested their dire adversary that he even forgets there are boggards around. Tark jumps of Fangz to retreive the fallen Vorka. There's a trohpy to secure! Tark will cut off her head, and will store it safely in his bag.

"Now we have big celebration at Licktoad Village where all get to watch da head flatten'n of Vorka! Haaaarrruuuu!!!"


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag draws his bow and says, "You was with her... You's all nasty too.", and starts driving arrows into fleeing boggards, using his expeditious movement to keep them from getting out of bow range. (with his surged judgement and spells buffing his attacks)


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

So.......what happened exactly? I noticed everyone moving towards the lot of Boggies and Vorka. Since the DM said they saw us and didn't care I assumed it was okay to walk right up to them.

If they had let me I would have stopped just 10 feet away from Vorka and then tried to talk to them. I was going to do the prayer thing but then they attacked.

So the way I see it, Tark ran past me and killed Vorka before my turn? Or did I finish her off with my charge/ranged attack? Which ever I was allowed.

Seeing the map now I can see I am further away from Tark than I should have been.

Can someone tell me what happened? Klepy is confused.


King of Goblins *MAP*

I didn't set this up as well as I could have. All the same, with Vorka dead, the boggards don't stand a chance.

Vorka has:
6000 gold

DC 20 Spellcraft + detect magic:

Spoiler:
Amulet of Natural Armor +2

+1 scimitar
+1 hide armor
Scrolls:
Water breathing
Flame strike (CL 6)
Scrying (CL 8)
Bull's Strength (CL 6)

A long, snake-like creature pokes a human-looking head out of the water.

You fight well, goblins. Who are you?


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Wes gobbies o licktoads. Whats youses?"


King of Goblins *MAP*

I am Pluk, a resident of these parts, part of the year. The boggards were in the middle of their usual weekly tribute to me, until you interrupted. I have to say, I won't miss that druid, though.

What brings you to boggard lands? Don't you know they'll eat you?


Male Goblin! Inquisitor: 8
Stats:
AC: 22/T:17/F:16 - Percept: +14 - Init: +9 - CMB: +7 CMD: 23 - Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Wil: +10 (+12 vs. charm/compulsion) - Speed: 30

Velag focuses on the serpent, turning his stern gaze toward it, trying to get a read on it, especially after it admits to the idea of tribute.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Me wonder why thems give it stuff. Maybe it that thing we look for? Let see if it likeses froggies

Velag says with a sneer, "Not usses. We not froggy-food -- we eatses them, not other way 'round. Want piece? Me have some in sack."

Creature Lore (identifying Pluk): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Velag watches the creature, and if it starts into explain itself, he'll kick up his discern lies class feature.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"We eatses giants too!"

"Whys thems payses youses? Is youses one uses magics?"


Male Goblin Rogue(Knife Master and Scout) lvl 5 Assassin lvl 1

Klepy clears his thoat and steps up to the.....thing. In common Klepy speaks."We is the mighty Efesti Skwad of da licktoads tribe. We is tryings to finds froggies frog makers. Too many to be norm. Dark magiks fo sho. Wish way we go to finds froggie makers? Also, do you have any shinys Klepy can take?"
Diplomacy:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


King of Goblins *MAP*

So, you're trying to help the lizardfolk? They sure need it.

It laughs.

I trust you've found some treasure after killing that goblin. I've no "shinies" I'd be willing to share. That would be unwise.

I might be able to help you with some information, though, for the proper consideration. The biggest breeding pond has some aura to it, to be sure.


male Goblin Witch / 8 // Init +5/ HP 49/49 // AC: 22/T:20/FF:15 - Percep: +7// F +3/R +7/W +6 /CMB +0 - CMD 13/ Speed 30

"Weses civlizeded goblinses we make friends an agrees not tah fights peoples. You not lookses very tasty, what considerationses yous needs....an what helps you giveses?"

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,696 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Goblins 2: The Wreckin'-ing! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.