Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gm Wu's "The war within"

Game Master doctor_wu

Set in Lastwall starting out in small hamlet of southwatch sout of Castle Everstand.


851 to 900 of 2,262 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Winter Witch 3

"I think some honey water would help the effects."


female

Linda is awake as always and asks "What can I get all of you for breakfast?"


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak smiles in commiseration with the cleric.

When Linda asks about breakfast, Chardak replies, "He needs raw eggs." Chardak jerks his thumb in Jondar's direction. "to help his head. I will have pie. "

The half-orc looks around. "Where is Ronigan?"


Ronigan says [b]"I'm here "[b] from an area near a door of a room just emerging.


Winter Witch 3

"I'll have some oatmeal, thank you,"


Ronigan says " I will have some oatmeal as well."I also want spells from the prepared casters.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak after cutting the pie into slices, Chardak eats it by levering the wedges away with his knife , then holding them in his hands. He doesn't worry about the filling dripping on the table or floor, but is careful to hold the slices away from his body lest they drip on his armor.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Nesteruk has prepared the same extracts- Enlarge Person and Shield.


gm 3

Time to move forward assuming have same prepared spells as yesterday if have not repsonded.
The party prepares spells and does other in the morning before Ronigan pressures them into leaving so they would reach the destination before the bandits leave. The gaurd at the gate in the morning rambles something about the captain of castle Everstand wanting to attack orcs as the party leaves. Ronigan leads teh party what appears north through a main road but it quickly turns to a not well used portion to the east and weeds start to have weeds as the party approaches a stream it gets a little cooler and a little muddy with grass having covered almost all of the road. A buzzing noise as you approach the creek happens as flying above on the far side of the creek three beasts looking like oversized mosquiotes seem to attack and the look like they want to dring the parties blood.

initiative
monsters1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Anna1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Chardak1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ronigan1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Jondar1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Lyle1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Nesteruk1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

map
figures I would get a natural 20 on the player who isn't here right now. Order
Nesteruk
Monsters
Anna
Jondar
Lyle
Chardak
Roniagn
Anyone want to npc Nesteruk?


Since no jumped out as wanting to I think I will npc NEsteruk.
NEsteruk will move over the bush to F5 and take a savage bite at the insect like beast caught unarware. Also not part of full attack so no -5 attack roll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (6) + 2 = 12 The beast gets hit badly wounded and caught off guard falls to the ground. monsters up


gm 3

The small monster closest to Nesteruk now moves towards him It reach allowing Nesteruk to get another bite in before it can come in and bite him. AOO
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Nesteruk bite misses allowing the beast to try to attach and get on Nesteruk And starts to try to drink his blood. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The other monster goes around to E9 and tries to attach to Lyle and also attaches to Lyle and starts drinking his blood. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Both Nesteruk and Lyle take 1 point of con damage. mapIt also looks like these monster are small enough to maneuver around without them getting a chance to attack you. moving aroudn your allies. Oh and stream and bushes are difficult terrain.


Winter Witch 3

Anna casts ray of frost and targets the closest.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d4 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2


gm 3

new map
Is moving to aviod Jondar okay otherwise take soft cover penalty. And if you move to F9 you can provide flanking iwth your cestus to jondar. These are tiny no aoos. Supringly the rules since Jondar is flat footed and doesn't threaten and Lyle and the monster are grappled no shooting into melee penalty either. Oh and one ruling you cannot yourself provide a shooting into melee penalty if you threaten them.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak growls and reaches for his dagger.

Just posting color. Waiting to see what happens to Lyle.


gm 3

just going to asume Anna moves to somewhere to F9 won't make senes to try shooting through Jondar. Anna's attack hits but barely does any damage to the monster.Jondar and Lyle to act


gm 3

Jondar has until about noon tommorow before I npc him


Jondar HAsn't shown up to take his turn yet
Jondar draws his mornigstar and swings it on the insectlike creature trying to get if off Lyle with Anna helping.
1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7attack
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9damage

Jondar's swing with the mornigstar misses the creature.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Lyle's up, but I'm leaving for the weekend Friday, so I'll post now.

Chardak looks at the crowd helping Lyle and at Nesteruk's solitary struggle. He rushes to help his half-orc cousin. move to G6

He tries to grab the overgrown insect with his hands and rip it away from Nesteruk.

Grapple action. I want to try to pull the stirge off Nesteruk.

Grapple1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Npcing lyle since he did not show up. Oh and Chardak you forgot your higher ground bonus.

Lyle will try to break free of the stirges probiscus. escape artist1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Lyle fails to break free of the stirges grasp.

Chardak manages to win the grapple because of his bonus from higher ground and takes hold of the stirge from Nesteruk and now has it in his grasp.

Now Ronigans turn. Ronigan draws a longsward and attempts to cut the strige off Lyle. attack roll1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Ronigan's sword strike misses by a lot. [ooc]Nesteruk to act


gm 3

new mapNesteruk to act and he should be coming back soon as it is basically end of July.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Nesteruk nodded in thanks to Chardak.

Hold it still... he warned the half-orc as he unslung his axe from his shoulder and cleaved the little pest in two.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Note- 1 con damage. No effect as of yet.


gm 3

Nesteruk axe strike slams into the stirge cutting a large gash in it and it falls dead.

The remaining stirge tries to stay attached to Lyle.1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 It manages to stay attached and lyle has more blood drianed from him takes another point of con damage. Anna to act.


Winter Witch 3

Anna cast Ray of Frost at the closest enemy

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage: 1d3 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4


gm 3

Anna ray hits the stirge on Lyle and it seems to make it falls down collapsing to the ground. Combat over.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

We thank you Nesteruk said sincerely to Chardak as he wiped the gore off his axe.

We?!?! Nesteruk, you blathering idiot...


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak nods and shows a little more yellowed tooth than usual.

"Blood suckers would be a stupid death. They are dangerous, but there is no glory in the contest."

Nice touch with the "we". Unfortunately Chardak isn't sharp enough on social cues to really notice.


Ronigan begins to look at Nesteruk but not saying anything.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Well in any case, we've rid the road of one more menace that could have harmed a honest traveller. Onwards then?


Winter Witch 3

she thinks to herself
He said, "We" and not I, that's odd.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak pumps his head up and down. "Onwards."

The half orc looks at Ronigan.


The party crosses through the small ankledeep stream. Ronigan leads the party through an area of a path with overgrown weeds. A few bushses seem to grow in an abbandoned ditch of what looks like it was once a farm. the party seems to walk forward for about ten minutes. Ronigan says "We warned of an old barn we are getting closer to a barn that it is haunted with a unliving monster that eats human flesh." Ronigan points to a ramf and says "the old Wayworn homestead they used to call it and now it is supposedly huanted try not to make loud noises when near The barn."


gm 3

Ronigan leads the group forward about 100 more feet after hearing no respondses when you hear the silenced pierced by the bark of two different dogs. ONe a large labrodor with a golden brownmedium size coat and the other a smaller black dog but with a foul temperment and appears stronger and tougher than a normal dog as if it has been bred for dogfighting. map
initiative
dog 21d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
dog 11d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Lyle1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Jondar 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Anna 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Chardak 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Nesteruk1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Order
Chardak
Dog 2
Anna
Lyle
Jondar
Dog 1
NEsteruk.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Heh, i'm here. I'll keep an eye out for when my init eventually comes up :).


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak judges the distance. If he throws his spear, he'll never get his sword clear before the dog is on him. He crouches low, grounds the butt of his spear and waits for the dog to spit itself.

"Nice doggy."

Ready action to brace spear against oncoming dogs.

Braced Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 ... damage 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12

OOOO, critical?

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 ... damage 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8


gm 3

forgot ronigan initiative
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

The smaller but fiercer looking black dog seems to react quicker than the larger counterpart and charges towards ROnigan.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
damage
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Ronigan takes a bite pretty hard from the dog and this look rather viscious while staying away from Chardak. Lyle Jondar and Anna to act. The dogs are acting on seperate intiatives.


Winter Witch 3

Anna readies to cast ray of frost on any dog that charges.


gm 3

one already charged you can cast it on that one now or do you want the other dog?map


Winter Witch 3

No it'll be for the other one

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1d3 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4


gm 3

The dog manages to aviod Anna ray by leaping over it. npcing lyle LYle will cast a spell shooting a burst of force at the smaller but tougher than most dog.1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 It hits the dog but puts more scars on it but still is up and fighting. Jondar with his morningstar moves to F9 avioding the proividng an opptunity and try to hit the smaller black dog that is viscious.1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Jondar's swing misses.

At this time the other dog charges Towards chardak but ends up impaled on his spear and falls down unconcious.new mapnesteruk to act.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Nesteruk brought the axe down in a brutal arc, trying to end the wild thing's life in a single, merciful blow.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


gm 3

Nesteruk's axe blow takes down the dog barely getting it neck but cutting the attery and it falls down to the ground. combat over. Nesteruk seems unhappy.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Chardak places his foot on the dog's neck and levers the butt end of his spear upward. Then he wrenches it out of the canine's ribcage. "Stupid dogs." He kicks the carcass, then looks at the rest of the group.

Hooray for spear bracing! I've done it only a handful of times over the years. Gratifying to score a crit on that roll.


Ronigan says "Yet it did this to my leg. " He then said to himself "Why did I come here?"


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Come, a wild dog is nothing to what we might face later... Jondar, see to this good man of Lastwall's wounds.


Jondar says "I agree" takes out the wand of cure light wounds and uses it on Ronigan.1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


gm 3

Ronigan continues to move forward and comes to a ditch across the mostly grown over with weeds path and a green bush grows in the center of it. Ronigan asks Does anyone know what that plant is?
Doesn't seem dangerous and starts walking towards it."
give me knowledge nature checks.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum 2

Know (nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Does the ditch surround the plant? How deep is it? Is the ditch an obstacle to forward progress.

"Plant? Who cares? Wasn't it here before? We're here to battle the thieves that attacked you. Let's find 'em and avenge you. We can look at plants later."


gm 3

The ditch surronds the plant is about three feet deep and it is not a barrier to forward progress.


gm 3

I think I have waited long enough for Nesteruk's knowledge check so will roll it for him 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

NEsteruk:
The plant is stinging nettle and you do not want to touch it

I should clairfy it is not a phyiscal barier but you may have to touch the plant to get by.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Sorry GM, short trip became an extended one. Back on the internet now.

You really don't want to touch that my good man. Nesteruk warned him. I'd advise finding a way around. They can be pretty painful.

851 to 900 of 2,262 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Wu's "The war within" Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.