Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Gm Wu's "The war within"

Game Master doctor_wu

Set in Lastwall starting out in small hamlet of southwatch sout of Castle Everstand.


1 to 50 of 2,179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

gm 3

After a week of rain that washed away most of the trail of the missing girl which finally stopped yesterday in the evening the sun finally rises over southwatch on Moonday the 4th of Pharast. This small hamlet is encased in its wooden walls and near fangwood.Outside the unpaved streets are rather muddy. This morning seems to be rather noisy espically near the town hall as if the mayor and treasurer are having another shouting match that is all too common here.


Winter Witch 3

A Half-elven Woman enters through the small Hamlet's wooden gates.

The woman is about 6 foot 3, and she has a curvy human build with pale skin, But her face is more elven with Emerald Green eyes and lose Copper Red Hair that ends near her waist.

She is wearing well made peasants clothes and a Cestus on her right hand and arm. On her back one can see a back pack containing her stuff.

She walks towards the verbal beat down between the two officials


gm 3

A guard near the gate groans hearing the yelling and says "again". Two Taldan men yelling from the town hall seem to be standing in front. To the West of the gate a Chelixian woman in full plate emerges from the tmeple of Iomeade clad in plate armor.


Winter Witch 3

she speaks with the guard.
"Excuse me,
But what do you mean by again?"


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Dot.


"He means they're shouting again," says a lithe half-elf leaning against the town hall's wall. He's stands a about 5 foot 6 inches and is tightly wrapped in leathers with a hood over his head. "They've done this before. I wonder why this time..."


gm 3

The gaurd replies to Anna "I mean that the Vors Homestead, the mayor, and Sebastian Dovin are yelling at each other again. I hope the captain of the Gaurd Olivia Caravan can calm them down and actually get them to solve there problem this time. It got really bad after the missing girl a few months ago that argument went on for days. Anyway I heard a rumor recently that mayor Vors Homestead's wife never returned yesterday along with the mayor and her's bodygaurd. You will have to ask them if that is waht they are arguing about though."

The chelixain woman in full plate begins walking south towards the town hall.


"Hmm..." says Symas. "This could be interesting." He slowly follows the wan in plate.


gm 3

Symas as he follows the woman notices a peasant getting water out of the well in the center of Southwatch. He hears a shout of "
I told you to send more gaurds but you did not listen."


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Having kept his ear out for such an argument, Nesteruk was quick to arrive on the scene at the town hall, eager to offer his assistance in any capacity.


Winter Witch 3

she replies
"Oh dear, I hope they are alright.
and Thank you for answering my question."

Anna then heads south to the town hall,
also noticing the short Half-elf following the chelixain woman.


gm 3

Nesteruk seems to be ignored at least for now as the mayor and treasurer continue to argue.
The mayor says "I cannot afford to lose all my gaurds and then have orcs attack we would be overrun."
The treasurer replies "Yes but now who will look for your wife or will you just leave her for dead or to become a slave of an orc."
The mayor says "I wish I had a party of adventurers right now they might fix this without getting my gaurds killed"

@Anna The gaurd says "you're welcome"


AC28/FF23/T27:Init+8:Saves F+15/R+15/W+15:HP 128|128: Perception +22 (Lowlight Vision)

.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Nesteruk wasn't actually offering his assistance yet, just setting the scene for him to be there. Hes happier to watch and react to whats going on around him.


Winter Witch 3
GM_wu wrote:

Nesteruk seems to be ignored at least for now as the mayor and treasurer continue to argue.

The mayor says "I cannot afford to lose all my gaurds and then have orcs attack we would be overrun."
The treasurer replies "Yes but now who will look for your wife or will you just leave her for dead or to become a slave of an orc."
The mayor says "I wish I had a party of adventurers right now they might fix this without getting my guards killed"

@Anna The gaurd says "you're welcome"

lol on the need for a party, and the coincidence of us being there


"And, dearest Mayor," starts Symas stepping forward, "if, say, a group of people were to offer their services for such a task, what would the reward be? I'm speaking hypothetically, of course." He adds a smile at the end for punctuation.


speaker = Vors Homestead mayor

Vors pauses before giving his answer saying "I have a half used wand that can heal wounds that I have little use for as the both the preists of Iomeade and gorum in this town have their own and we have not been reciving a lot of wounded soliders here so that is waht I offer." Then he asks "are you an adventurer or have any skills useful in adventuring?"

lying will require a bluff check


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Come sir, surely you don't require payment for the opportunity to serve! the somewhat monstrous looking half-orc calls out from his position nearby, watching the conversation. Erm... Hypothetical payment that is.


Winter Witch 3

Anna speaks up
"A wand as a reward is only good to people who can use it, and since it's used won't get a good re-sale value when sold."

Her bodice assisting her impressive figure and hips swaying as she walks towards the mayor.
She continues speaking.

"But the safety of the Mayor's wife and bodyguards is more important at this moment. And an innocent life is an important thing."


"I do require payment," continues Symas. "But, exceptions can be made, should there be enough adventure and excitement. In such a situation, I might have quite a few skills to offer. Continuing my hypothetical questioning, however, what would this task entail, Mayor Homestead?"


Winter Witch 3

Anna continues walking and speaks
"That question does have merit as the volunteers should know what they are getting into."


speaker=vors homesteaad mayor

Vors says "The task entails finding my wife, Fiona Homestead and her bodyguard dead or alive. If either one of them are dead I want their possessions taken back otherwise no payment if they are or their possessions are not returned safely. My wife was gathering firewood from the border of the town with the fangwood"


Symas puts a finger to his mouth and thinks a moment. "Is there any other information? Are we the first 'search party' to be sent?" he asks breaking his silence.


speaker =Sebastain Dovin

Sebastain Dovin seems to stop yelling at the mayor and is approcahed by a young Taldan man he says [b]"Keith, I want you to complete an inventory of the grain supplies of this town." Sebastian Dovin and the young Taldan man now enter into the town hall.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Who is 'we' sir? Do you represent others in your endeavour? May I accompany you?


Winter Witch 3

"I am willing to volunteer for the job."

Missing two players: Jondar (human cleric) (posted in OOC, but not Game) and Chardak (half-orc inquisitor)


Male Human Cleric/1

A young man with short black hair and blood shot blue eyes wearing worn studded leather clears his throat after the exchange between the mayor and the half-elf. Well, it appears the Lady of the Graves has sent me here for a reason. I will join any group that leaves in search of your wife and her bodyguard. With a smile he reaches up can grasps the holy symbol of Pharasma hanging around his neck and says, It is Pharasma's will who am I to disagree with her.

sorry for the delay.


AC28/FF23/T27:Init+8:Saves F+15/R+15/W+15:HP 128|128: Perception +22 (Lowlight Vision)

Sorry, was considering an appropriate introduction.

Karthan rode into town wearing a muddy and dented breastplate that was well worn from years of use. His horse strode confidently it's gray hide easily and gradfully slipping through the early morning fog like a ghost out of whispers. The man atop the massive spectre of the horse is handsome in that fierce way that men out of war ballads might be described. His clothes and the quality of the gear speak of a man who had likely never known what it was to pick up a spade and spread muck about a field. At the same time the high quality of his weapons, mud on his boots, and razor sharp armor spikes spoke of a man who made his way in the world in ways that involved splattering a different kind of human muck across a field that no farmer with a spade would care to find himself in. His comfort in the saddle and obvious military uniform under his breasplate marks him as former lastwall cavalry. Former in that the company and rank insignias have obviously been torn off of them. Either the uniform offers some sentimental value, or he's a scavenger and a buffoon who would get ten kinds of s%@$ kicked out of him in certain taverns near everwatch.

There is a searching look in his eyes as he nears the group and the horse stops short of the group with an impatient snort and a stomp already irritated by the moistness of the weather and eager for dry oats and a dry bed. He spots the group, all well armed, looking and acting for all intents and purposes like mercenaries and waves a gauntleted hand.

Karthan's voice is deep and cuts through the noise of the town with the ease of a trained drill sergeant.
"Hail there. Might I be directed to a dry inn and stable? Failing that can you at least point me in the direction of a place where a sellsword can earn some coin."


"It would seem Fate is in full swing this evening," Symas states sincerely. He looks up at the sellsword on his horse. "We were just discussing a way for us all to make a little coin." Turning back to the Mayor, Symas says with a bow, "Well, sir, I also would like to offer my services for this task. If you see fit, I'd like to add that if we find any riches or treasure while on this task, we may keep it as reward."


speaker = Vors Homestead mayor

Vors seems suprisied he has this many volunteers and says "Wow this is a lot more than I have expected. Are you certain none of you could use taht wand as I would rather part with that than the gold coins."


female

speaker = Linda the tavernkeep
The woman getting water from the well picks up her bucket and then approches Karthan and says "The mayor Vors Homestead is looking for adventures towards the town harll" She then points to the town hall. She continues " I am the tavernkeep of thsi town an old widow whose husband and children died fighting the orcs so I have no other real way to make a living. the stables are towards the gate and to the right if you were heading out of the gates and directly to your right hard to miss them if you use your nose." Deep wrinkles become apparant on her face.


"Oh no, sir," says Symas, "we'll take that wand for sure. We might have need."


Male Human Cleric/1

Jondar looks at the half-elf, He must be a cut purse of some sort or just overly fixated on wealth. Perhaps, I can guide him with Pharasma's aid.

I agree with this man, the wand would definitely help. Pharasma can only offer so much help to her followers." Jondar says with a smile.
Jondar reaches for his flask but hesitates and instead reaches up and lightly touches his holy symbol.


female

speaker = Olivia Caravan
The chelixian woman in full plate is says "I am Olivia Caravan master of the watch here in Southwatch. Be warned the fangwood is full of tribes of feral orcs, deserters boars and many other monsters."


Winter Witch 3

"The question is was the wand crafted by one of the faith* or one of the arcane** so we can find out if one could use it?"

* Clerics, Oracles, Druids, Paladin, or Ranger.
** Bard or Witch.


gm 3

Wands actually work for both divine and arcane versions. Both divine and arcane casters can activate them. It is scrolls that have both divine and arcane versions.


Winter Witch 3
GM_wu wrote:
Wands actually work for both divine and arcane versions. Both divine and arcane casters can activate them. It is scrolls that have both divine and arcane versions.

Oh, well I take back the question.


Winter Witch 3

she replies to Olivia.
"So we'll be dealing with; uncivil idiots, non-loyal soldiers, wild animals, and some nasty critters.
I was expecting that kind of a list."


female

speaker = Ovlivia Caravan
Olivia replies to Anna "That sums it up well"


"Perfect!" exclaims Symas suddenly. Noting his awkward outburst he adds, "We'll do our best, Mayor."


Winter Witch 3

"I do hope that someone will take us to the spot where they were taken so that we could pick up their trail, find those responsible, and guide them back safely."


female

Speaker =Olivia Caravan
Olivia replies to Anna "Yes we will show where they went. I think Sebastian Dovin was commissioning a sketch of them to made by the local wizard Kale. I think you should have that with you so you can identify them."


speaker= Vors Homestead, mayor
When hearing Olivia talk about the picture Mayor Vors Homestead says "Yes he was" Now a boy approaches holding a scroll case he hands the scroll case to the mayor. The mayor says "Thank you" to the boy and slips him a copper piece. The mayor then hands the scroll case to Anna.


Winter Witch 3

Anna takes the scroll case.
"Thank you, this will be most helpful in getting the job done."


Male Human Cleric/1

A cool morning breeze blows through the square, Jondar's cloak flaps in the breeze as he looks at the group gathered and says; Now, we have a likeness of the mayor's wife, I think we should begin our search. I am not sure about the rest of you but I have everything I need to begin. I will just need to run inside the inn and grab my backpack. With that said he turns reaching for his flask and heads towards the inn. Once his back is to the group he looks to the heavens whispering Pharasma forgive me for this moment of weakness and takes a quick drink from the flask before returning it to his belt.


AC28/FF23/T27:Init+8:Saves F+15/R+15/W+15:HP 128|128: Perception +22 (Lowlight Vision)

"I've dealt with orcs before." Karthan says. "I care nothing for the wand itself unless it leads to greater treasures. Magic sticks can't keep me and my horse fed or fund my other concerns." Then turnign to the others he adds. "I'm sorry I don't work with complete strangers. Perhaps if we discussed a strategem of some sort at the local inn over a hot fire and cold drink before we set out we can get to know one another? I've no mind to try and find appropriate burial arrangements for people whose name I don't know."


Winter Witch 3

Anna replies to Karthan
"I have to agree, as I would also like to know who you all are, and to come up with a plan to use are resources as effectively as possible."


Male Human Cleric/1

Jondar hears the words of the mounted warrior as he reaches porch of the inn and bends over to grab his pack on the porch of the inn. I guess it would be proper to get to know those I'll probably shed blood with but time is of the essence.

Slinging his pack over his shoulder Jondar heads back to the group and says, I agree with you my armored friend but we must be swift for a woman's life possibly hangs in the balance. So perhaps we can make introduction now and come up with a stratagem while we travel.

Bowing to everyone gathered Jondar says with a smile, Jondar Millner Priest of Pharasma at you service. I hail from Ravengro, Ustalav and I'm here in the service of the Lady of the Graves.


HP 12/17, AC- 15 T- 11 FF- 14 CMD 16 F +7, R +5, W +4, P +8, In +1, AOO +6 Half-Orc Alchemist 2

Very well. My life is an open book ladies and gentlemen. I think Karthan's sentiment is a fine one- let us abscond to the inn for a fresh beverage and a good chat hmm?

The massive half-orc pauses mid-stride, turning suddenly and smiling awkwardly.

Sorry er, forgot my name! I mean, I didn't forget it so much as I forgot to tell you it, you see... I am Nesteruk of Vigil he proclaims proudly, holding up a mottled greenish grey hand which bears the Shield-Oath of the famous city.


AC28/FF23/T27:Init+8:Saves F+15/R+15/W+15:HP 128|128: Perception +22 (Lowlight Vision)

Karthan almost cracks a smile at Jondar. Almost. "Never known too many priests of the Lady of Graves to care for the fate of others. Particularly when they know nothing of the circumstances behind it. But calm yourself. My understanding is that she's already been missing a day or more. That's an infinite number of instances in which she may already be dead. In which case our haste is meaningless. For all we know she may have tired of her husband and eloped with some handsome guardsman elsewhere. In every case I'm wet and hungry and my horse is tired. An hour or two by the fire will not make tracking her any less impossible than it already is. Unless the lady of graves has provided you some insight into her state of being or location I lack? Something else the inn can provide; loose tongues from the locals about affairs around here."

Turning his horse in the direction of the inn he calls back "By the way my name is Karthan Sternmason."

1 to 50 of 2,179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gm Wu's "The war within" Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.