Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2)

Game Master Eric Sklavos

The Cellers Map

Initiative: The Party is up.


351 to 400 of 816 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Ready


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 5

Lucifer opens the door:

This strange chamber pulses with the green glow of the column of glass-like crystal that forms the core of the tower. The walls of the room are damaged, and the roof is cracked. The spire in the center juts up, just peaking above the crude ceiling. A bed and a side table sit in the northern half of the room, and archery targets line the eastern section of wall.

As the door opens, a surprised hobgoblin with a bow in his hand looks over.

Roll for Initiative:

Lucifer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Voldarus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Hovok: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Neilman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Jafit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Grulk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1 Grulk, 2 Lucifer: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Initiative:
Surprise Round
Lucifer
Hobgoblin Surprised
Voldarus
Jafit
Neilman
Hovok

End of Round

Everyone can go on the Surprise Round (Move or Standard Action only). Lucifer can then take his Round 1 action.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Hovok rushes forward getting in position to hit the hobgoblin if he raises his bow.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Voldarus moves into the room and takes aim at the hobgoblin. "drop it or we'll drop you, " he says to the goblin unsure if it undertands the common tongue.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 9 +4 Nature, +1 Local


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

@Voldarus: You've heard that most hobgoblins speak Common and Goblin.


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin comes into to room behind voldarus

Readying to blast him with a spell

hey we can be cool if you can. What are you doing up here!

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Surprise Round

Lucifer slips between his friends to get closer to the hob-goblin.
Move Action: 20'

1st Round

Seeing his companions want to start with talking, he decides to forgo attacking right away unless the hob-goblin shows signs of attack. With that decision in mind, he gets into a better position and readies himself for what the hob-goblin does.

Move Action: 10'
Standard Action: Readied Attack if hob-goblin shows he is going to fight.

Readied Attack if hob-goblin decides to fight:

Short Sword vs Hob-goblin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

The ifrit moves into the room, but keeps the core of the spire between himself and the hobgoblin, just in case.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

The hobgoblin sneers at the group wandering into his home, "It's time for you to leave." He then drops his bow, draws his morningstar, takes a step toward the dwarf with the giant hammer and swings. As the morningstar comes out, Lucifer takes a feeble swing at the hobgoblin who just chuckles at the funny looking goblin.

Could someone move the hobgoblin a 5 fit step directly toward Hovok. And Neilman is right at the doorway currently. Thank you. I didn't have computer access last night and currently at work on my phone.

Morningstar@Hovok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Initiative:
Round 1
Lucifer
Hobgoblin
Voldarus
Jafit
Neilman
Hovok
(-10 hp)
End of Round

The party is up.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

I moved you

Voldarus grins as though he was hoping the creature wouldn't surrender. "If that's what you want, I've no problem givin ye a fight." He too drops his bow and pulls out his great club. He raises the club and steps forward to swing at the hobgoblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Thank you.

Voldarus switches to his melee weapon as he steps forward and swings. His greatclub deflects harmlessly off of the hobgoblin's armor (even with an additional +2 for flanking). He smiles at Voldarus, "You're next, half-breed, after I finish off your dwarf friend here."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Taking a quick step back Hovok takes a swing at the hobgoblin.

Well struck but going to have to do better than that to finish me.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 6 + 1 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Damn all having some bad rolls now. Guess the hobgoblin has better than 17-18 AC?

Think Vold should have +1 BAB, + 4 or 5 for Strength for 2h, + 2 for flanking.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Vold has +1 BAB, +3 STR (You don't get 1-1/2 STR on attack rolls 2-handed, just damage rolls)

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

Yep, and technically am I flanking? Because Lucifer is 5 feet back.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Well crap now I gotta remember that being the case cause I have been misplaying that benefit so remove 2 from my attack roll. Guess when I read the damage benefit thought it applied to both attack and damage.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Round 2 Action, since I will go before the hobgoblin.

Lucifer smiles as the hobgoblin, the apparent boss for this level, decides to open himself up to him by placing himself between him a Voldarus.

Lucifer attempts to slide his short sword between the hobgoblin's exposed areas.

Short Sword +Flanking vs Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
Damage +Sneaking: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2) = 6


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin launches his ray of frost at the Hobgoblin.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
will I guess there is no being civil we are only here looking for anything of interest.

Shouting out to the Hobgoblin in hope to calm it down.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Hovok takes a swing and his hammer finds nothing but air. Lucifer tries to take advantage of his positioning, flanking the hobgoblin, but his attack isn't any more effective than Hovok's or Voldarus's.

Neilman tries to find a spot to hit the creature with a blast of cold, but in his effort to avoid hitting his allies, the ray flies well over the hobgoblin's head.

Jafit is up.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

Seeing Hovok take some punishment, Jafit reaches out to touch him . . ..

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As the thin, fragile-looking black fingers brush against him, Hovok feels a warm glow of enthusiasm and excitement rush through him, lifting his spirits and body after that hard blow.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Jafit heals some of Hovok's wounds.

The hobgoblin grins and casually moves toward Hovok raising his weapon, "You swing that hammer pretty hard, but how are you going to hit me when you're backed up against that wall?" The morningstar comes crashing down on Hovok.

Morningstar@Hovok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Initiative:
Round 2
Lucifer
Hobgoblin
Voldarus
Jafit
Neilman
Hovok
(-12 hp)
End of Round

Round 3
Lucifer
Hobgoblin

The party is up.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Frowning that Hovok got hit hard again, Lucifer steps up to block the hobgoblin in and once again looks for a weakness in his armor.

Short Sword +Flanking vs Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage +Sneaking: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8

Free Action: 5' Step
Standard Action: Attack

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

"Open some gaps for his hammer" Voldarus shouts and swings at the hobgoblins arms trying to distract the creature.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 vs DC 10

Hovok gets a +2 from me to hit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Staggering a little from the blow, while thankful that Jafit healed his earlier wounds. Hovok takes another step back launching a powerful swing with his hammer.

Good attacks but I will only need one hit to drop you.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 + 3 = 17

Now a little unsure about action economy but right now did a standard action to attack, 5ft move no cost, and if I drop my hammer as a free action would I be able to ready my shield as my move action?

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

Hovok: Standard, Free, Free, Move? Sounds proper to me.

His eyes going a little big, Jafit uses his shortspear to distract the enemy suddenly in his face.

Aid Another (AC) Hovok: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Well, he tries to, but he does little other than convince the hobgoblin that he's not much of a threat.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Sorry probably should have stated that if I could perform that action economy then will do that to get my AC up to 16.


Male Gnome AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 hp 15 Perception +4, Init +2 Sorcerer/2

Neilmin pulls out a potion of cleaning and hand it to hovok.

take this you look like you need this


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Surprised by the sting in his kidney from Lucifer's sword, and now almost as bloody as Hovok from the dwarf's hammer, the hobgoblin moves forward toward Hovok, "You do hit hard, but not hard enough. You think that shield is going to help you?"

The hobgoblin takes another mighty swing with his morningstar, crashing his weapon past the dwarf's shield, and hitting him in the head knocking Hovok unconscious.

Morningstar@Hovok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The hobgoblin lets out a roar of triumph as the dwarf hits the floor.

Initiative:
Round 3
Lucifer
Hobgoblin
Voldarus
Jafit
Neilman
Hovok
(-24 hp, Bleeding)
End of Round

Round 4
Lucifer
Hobgoblin

The party is up, Hovok needs to Stabilize.

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

"Noo," Voldarus cries as he sees the hobgoblin smash into his companion. He snarls and takes a swing at him.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

With a bit of inspiration from his fallen friend, Voldarus swings his greatclub at the hobgoblin, cracking him in the skull and dropping his enemy.

End of Combat

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

With the fall of the hobgoblin, Lucifer moves over to help Hovok.

Heal (Stabilize DC15): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

After seeing to Hovok, Lucifer goes and searches the hobgoblin's body.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

So . . .I misread the statblock and this was a bugbear, not a hobgoblin. Doesn't make any difference though, I used the statblock given to me. Just an FYI.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

On the bugbear's body, you find a mwk morningstar, leather armor, 3 garnets worth 50gp each, a mwk Composite Longbow (STR +2), and a ring that detects as magical.

Looking around Lucifer also finds a key sitting on a table in the corner and a secret passage that ends abruptly at an opening 60 feet above the ground.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

"I know I can get him back up, but I'll come every close to using up my magics for the day to do so. I think it may be time to hole up for a night . . .."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"No, that DOES finish off my healing magics for the day. Let me look at that ring, if you would."

The ifrit casts detect magic, and examines the aura of the ring for a bit.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

But unless the caster level of the ring is -3 or less, Jafit doesn't figure out the properties attached to the ring.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Shaking his head a couple times while reaching down to pick up his hammer again.

'Loody 'ell that left my head ringing a little...Definitely need to get some 'etter 'rmor when we get back in town. Thanks Jafit for the healing, and everyone else for finishing that 'ugger off after I went down.

Whew bugbear makes me feel better about dropping against him...shesh was worried how I was going to fall against a little hobgoblin.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

"Nice bow. Too bad, I probably can't use it properly. The three gems are nice and maybe that ring has something useful as enchantment."

Lucifer goes and retrieves the key on the table. "Maybe this key will open that door that I couldn't unlock earlier."

Dark Archive

Male Half-orc Ranger (Deep Walker, Skirmisher) 2 HP 20/20 AC: 17 TAC: 13 FF:14 Saves: F:3 R:6 W:1 Init: +5 Per: +8 (Darkvision) (+10 Monsterous Humanoids)
Consumables:
Arrows (20/20), Blunt Arrows (20/20), Acid (1) Cold Iron 10/10, Silver 10/10

"Mind if I take a look at that there bow," Voldarus asks picking it up. He tests the draw and it is significantly more powerful than his other bow. "I think I may be able to use this to some effect," He smiles and turns to the now heald Hovok. "You doing alright there? Took a beating you did. Glad we've got you Jafit." The half orc stows his old bow in his pack and nocks as arrow in the new on. "On we go?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

To move things along . . .

The key is indeed to the locked double doors on the opposite side of the spire to the stairs up to the bugbear's room.

Stairs wind downward to the right, circling around a glowing wall of semi-translucent green stone. It seems the Azlanti tower was built around a core of some other material—a spire within a spire.

You make your way down a little bit, and fight off a couple goblin zombies. I think it's safe to say you guys fend off the goblin zombies pretty easily. As the spire winds down further, you decide this a good time to check in with the Venture Captain. You start making your way back to Fort Inevitable. . .

To be continued shortly.

Congratulations, the first level of the spire is complete. I'm working on the chronicles now.

Jafit and Neilman: I need you to check into the Discussion thread. I need some information from Neilmand, and confirmation that both of you will be continuing. Thank you.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

The sun is setting as you make your way back to Fort Inevitable. It's been a tiring day. Too many goblins, but you're hoping you cleared the infestation. You travel down the road about half way to the fort when you spot a small cabin you're pretty sure wasn't there before. As you get closer you notice the glyph of the open road burnt into the door. You pause for a second to look at it before moving on when the door opens. A familiar half-orc stands before you. "Back so soon? Well, come on in, let's see what you've found thus far." Venture Captain Gorak Behn ushers you inside. As you step inside the cabin, which couldn't have been more than 10 foot square on the outside, you walk into a grand hall 30 feet across, 60 feet long, and the ceiling 30 feet high. There is a seating area in the entry with trophies and artifacts of various kinds from all over Golarian and a large feasting table beyond that with a massive fireplace at the far end. To the right is a staircase that goes up to a loft with a modest library and sleeping quarters. Motioning toward the table, "Welcome to the Traveling Lodge of the Angry Muse. Have a seat. Food and drink will be coming shortly. Now, tell me about the spire . . ."

Quick Backstory: Gorak is actually a retired skald character of mine who has earned the title of Venture Captain. He refers to his greatsword as his Muse.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Lucifer sits down and waits for the food and drink. He begins to talk about what they found. "The first floor was infested with goblins and was heavily damaged. Many walls were down. Don't know if it was done by the goblins or not. The goblins also head a construct with them. It looked dangerous, but we were able to handle it without too much worry. The goblins seem to have been led by a bugbear. We took him out and if they were any more goblins around, they seem to have fled after that. We discovered a path further down the Spire and plan on heading back, probably in the morning. Unfortunately, if there was anything once valuable on the first floor, it was long looted ago. We really didn't find any clues of the builders."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Pretty well sums it up except for the fact that the outside seems to have been built to contain/hide/surround another spire of some weird material, and the only way forward seems to be going into the depths of the spire...Now where is that food; I'm starving here.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

About the time Hovok says "food" another half-orc similar in look but a bit slimmer in stature brings out a round of ale for everyone followed by plates of food.

Gorak takes a sip of his ale and nods at Lucifer, "A working construct? That's interesting. Takes a bit of patience and discipline to get something like that working; unusual traits for a goblin."

Hovok's words catch the Venture Captain's attention almost immediately, "A spire within a spire, you say? Now that is interesting. What else can you tell me about this material?"


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

After the meal Gorak offers you a place to stay for the night and suggests you take a couple days to go to Fort Inevitable and make any purchases you need to for your continued exploration of the spire. When you get back to the Lodge, there's another Pathfinder Society recruit sitting in the greatroom, a half orc. Gorak introduces him as Orovan.

Orovan, I'm just going to say that the society sent you to the River Kingdoms to help with the exploration of the Emerald Spire, which is just outside of Fort Inevitable.

More to come shortly as you head back into the spire. . .


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

After a couple days in and around Fort Inevitable the party, with their new companion, heads back to the spire. You head for the stairs wrap around the spire two times before the darkness enchantment of the upper level wears off, and continues another 50' below the upper ruins.

The steep stair descends through solid bedrock for fifty feet before ending in a stone-lined room. A large stone door stands directly south of the stair, a small alcove lies to the east, and another door to the southeast is slightly ajar. An extinguished torch rests on the floor of the alcove.

You can make any finishing touches to your characters until you open a door or initiative is rolled.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 1/Cleric 1 - HP: 19/19, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> F: +8/R: +6/W: +6[8] - CMB: +4 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

Orovan starts for the torch, but pauses. He remembers that there's a sneak in their midst and waits for the proper protocol. "Wonder how long that's been here?"

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Before heading down the stairs, Lucifer pulls out a deck of harrow cards and smiles. "A little something I picked up on a previous adventure. Hope I'm lucky this time."

He draws a card from the deck...

Draw from the Deck Boon:You have recovered a physically charged harrow deck, commonly used for telling fortunes. You can expend its remaining energy to draw a card at random as a standard action, and you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to the ability score that matches the suit of the card drawn until the end of the adventure. If you do not have a harrow deck available, instead roll 1d6 to determine the suite (1 is Strength, 2 is Dexterity, 3 is Constitution, 4 is Intelligence, 5 is Wisdom, and 6 is Charisma). When you use this boon, cross it off your Chronicle sheet.
Draw from the Deck: 1d6 ⇒ 3; Constitution for the win.

Lucifer moves down into the room and scans the place for any traps or other secrets.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM) ??

Lucifer takes a quick glance around and doesn't perceive anything but the closed door to the south and the slightly open door to the south-east.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 2.1 | AC 18 (T 14/FF 15) | CMB +1 CMD 14 (FF 11) | HP 18/17(18) | Init +3 | Fort +1(+2)* Ref +6* Will +1* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic)(Evasion) | Perception +8 (+1 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions: +2 Constitution

Lucifer looks to the others. "Looks clear. No traps."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf Foehammer (2) | HP 19/23 | AC 18(20 w/shield) T 10 FF 17(19 w/shield) CMB +6 CMD +16 | F +6 R +1 W +0 | Init. 1 (+3 underground) | Active Conditions: -3 Str

Hearing Lucifer give the go ahead Hovok moves closer to the door before turning to the new half-orc of the group.

Just wondering since you seem to like to use your fists do you want to be the first behind Lucifer or do you want me to lead through the doors?

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 1/Cleric 1 - HP: 19/19, - AC: 18/T: 12/FF: 16 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> F: +8/R: +6/W: +6[8] - CMB: +4 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30ft

"You've got a shield, right? I'm right behind you." Orovan answers with a brushing motion of his hand.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 2

"Open door first?"

351 to 400 of 816 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.